[Discussion] LIAR GAME (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » May 23rd, '07, 19:26

a~

today the ost is out

have to not forget to rush for itunes when coming home.. but i wonder if itunes does have it :unsure:

chiakisama

Post by chiakisama » May 23rd, '07, 19:39

You're kidding right? Itunes barely has any decent Asian music, and never any OSTs....

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » May 23rd, '07, 21:07

sometimes it does.. you just have to do a separate searching for every song

since this time the soundtrack is composed by Yasutaka Nakata, hope there'll be some ~

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 24th, '07, 00:45

furransu wrote:lets play our own Restructure game..

I vote all 5 for Mushroom guy !! i dont care if Nao loses, because she is just too dumb..
no way, mushroom guy is just as irritating as Nao. Let's vote for Elvis, he's a wimp but he has a few more brain cells than Nao.

Shiori

Post by Shiori » May 24th, '07, 03:39

biniBningPunkista wrote:where oh where do you people down load the manga? lolz.. i really really want to know the story line. coz usually the manga is way better than anime or action live.. ;)

As far as i know, no english scanlation group has taken this project yet, the scans i have is in chinese so unless you are able to read chinese, chances are you have to wait till a scanlation group decides to take up Liar Game.

The chinese scans i have is up to the middle of round 3, not too far away from the drama, but nonetheless you'll be able to see some slight difference between the drama and the manga, but just very minor difference.

shazai

Post by shazai » May 24th, '07, 04:29

can i ask how many episodes are there? maybe 11?

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » May 25th, '07, 07:50

shazai wrote:can i ask how many episodes are there? maybe 11?
DramaWilki says 11. ^^

chamcham

Post by chamcham » May 25th, '07, 09:04

I know that they like to try to be faithful to the manga.
But I think the producers of the show should have tried to
make some plot up on their own, since there isn't much to work with.

Another option, could've been to make the drama shorter(maybe 15-20 minutes)
instead of 36. To me, Ep 6 wasn't that bad. The worst was when mushroom head
thought he won the Minority Vote game, started cackling, and then went on to explain
why he would win for the next 20 minutes(or at least it felt that long).

In a way, it almost seemed like a parody of the worst movie scene ever filmed (whatever you consider it to be).

Anyway, I do hate Nao's lack of intelligence, but somehow Erika Toda is so cute that I can't resist and must keep watching.

And before you ask me about Erika......yes, I'd definitely hit that...... :thumright:

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » May 25th, '07, 09:38

my husband and i are both watching this religiously too.. but i think he'd like to stop coz nao is really irritating him. I keep telling him, that's just how her character is and that's what brings her and akiyama together. Imagine if she didnt believe that gold toothed guy in ep6, she would have just stayed at home? You could say it's part of her charm (not!!!) but then it's the reason why Akiyama repeatedly saves her.. and that's what we all would like to see anyway-- how they'd end up together (well, that's what id like to see... <Raises> Romantic present in the room!

vanjuve

Post by vanjuve » May 25th, '07, 11:26

just started watching this and it got me hooked ^___________^'' real bad.
it's very interesting, and i think Matsuda Shota is doing a great job...

now on episode three and loving it.

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » May 26th, '07, 07:13

gawd girl's who are incapable of lying or doing ANYTHING is so CUTE. Especially since toda erika is already so cute, it just makes me want to cuddle her more ^_^. I even lost the plot of the series just looking at her. zomg...

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » May 26th, '07, 07:13

here's the OST: http://www.sendspace.com/file/h7rbfb

thanks a lot to thtl of jdorama for sharing this! :thumleft: :cheers:

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » May 26th, '07, 10:11

Thank you very much to thtl and yourself for sharing! :-)

minimin

Post by minimin » May 26th, '07, 10:25

I spend hours here reading you guys comments here. Hahaha I have to agree Nao's character is annoying like DAMN, but she's cute looking so that kinda makes up for it, but it does fits the character in the manga though. Aren't most manga cutey-girls like that or portrayed that way?

But the mushroom-haired dude CAN'T ACT to save his life. All he does is scream and yells. It just makes me wanna stuff something in his mouth. I can't stand that guy. I think... he's the worst character ever in any drama... not even the worst vilians together can beat him to it.
I can't stand how stupid those other 7 players are... I mean dont you wanna get rid of the evil/betrayer first than an innocent baka girl who has an intelligence level of a 10 years old child?

Anyways, although the drama's cheap in production and the co-stars aren't really good (can't act) and Erika's not a very good actress @.@ and Shota is just... not that great either, but I see Erika's acting is better here than in Death Note Last Name and Shota is improving on his acting. But still, doesnt take away the fact that the kinda of drama this is doesnt give them much space to display their acting abilities nor to improve a whole lot on it. Anyways I love the drama so far, maybe due to its story plot. It's not very suspenseful and somehow predictable, but it's interesting and I love it.

Pink Dice

Post by Pink Dice » May 26th, '07, 10:54

mmmm.. I watched Liar Game to episode 3... really i didn't like it but I think I will watch it to the end becouse I want to know whate will happen...
I hope I like it one day..........and thank u for this topic...

darkshadow329

Saw episode 7 already

Post by darkshadow329 » May 26th, '07, 15:27

I saw episode 7 awhile ago..
the ending is hanging as usual..i dunno what will happen next..
Akiyama came and helped Nao again..Akiyama is really smart
Nao and Fukunaga played a card game and Nao cheated. Thanks to Akiyama, who gave the idea to Nao. In the end Nao got 80 points. The people complained because she cheated but Akiyama said "isnt this Liar Game?". I dont know what will happen in the next episode but I`m eager to watch more of this show! :cheers:

SummerMemories

Post by SummerMemories » May 26th, '07, 15:34

Pink Dice wrote:mmmm.. I watched Liar Game to episode 3... really i didn't like it but I think I will watch it to the end becouse I want to know whate will happen...
I hope I like it one day..........and thank u for this topic...
i started watching this and i dont love it, but it is something to watch. It sort of reminded me of Trick but with a poor story line. anyway, it is somewhat interesting and you just have to stick with it. it really is cool....around episode 5 or 6, it gets interesting because you fined out who the liar game organization and you can understand what is going on.

ruisu

Post by ruisu » May 26th, '07, 15:36

I think I'm the only one who doesn't find Nao annoying. :lol
Everyone else is though.

orichan

Post by orichan » May 26th, '07, 15:40

About the Evil Mushroom:

At least he did his job well and made everyone hates him. XD

About episode 7:
Good job Nao~! You told your first lie(s).

darkshadow329

about nao

Post by darkshadow329 » May 26th, '07, 16:08

i think shes slowly learning because of Akiyama..
but she still said sorry to the people for doing what she did in episode 7..
she is so innocent that she doesnt think about herself much..
i never read the mangas yet but ill buy them maybe tomorrow =D

mikkichan

Post by mikkichan » May 27th, '07, 03:06

Does anybody know how long is this drama? Is it 11 episodes?

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 27th, '07, 05:15

orichan wrote:About the Evil Mushroom:

]
Ah, but we don't love to hate him. He's just annoying, and not a good villain at all.

I still haven't watched episode 7 yet. Soon. :)

orichan

Re: about nao

Post by orichan » May 27th, '07, 06:41

darkshadow329 wrote:i think shes slowly learning because of Akiyama..
but she still said sorry to the people for doing what she did in episode 7..
she is so innocent that she doesnt think about herself much..
i never read the mangas yet but ill buy them maybe tomorrow =D
But I would say sorry if I am surrounded by a group of very angry people. I would not want to be group beat. XD

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » May 27th, '07, 07:27

GoddessCarlie wrote:
orichan wrote:About the Evil Mushroom:

]
Ah, but we don't love to hate him. He's just annoying, and not a good villain at all.

Have to agree with you there. Other villains you just love to hate because they personify evil, or possess a cruel wit and a certain darkness usually accompanied by sardonic laughter... Mushroom on the other hand, is simply annoying.

With that said, can't wait to see episode 7. :D

Kirali

Post by Kirali » May 27th, '07, 07:54

Agreed. Mushroom head is simply annoying. I hate him not because of what he does, as he is playing the game as the dealer wants him to, by lying. The games are designed to bring out the best of liars, strategy, deceit and trickery which is what makes it all so interesting.

Might need to go and watch ep 7 now...and try and figure out what's going on with the little
Japanese that I understand hehe

kiwigloomy

Post by kiwigloomy » May 27th, '07, 08:06

So much ppl hate Nao =.= Why?
I dont really find Nao being irritating at all...
I only find the mushroom guy being super annonying, and a bit from akiyama...

Kirali

Post by Kirali » May 27th, '07, 08:17

No, I don't find her that bad really. Sometimes I grit my teeth as she falls into another trap, but in this kind of story, you need someone like that!

And her outfits are always so pretty XD

greenjade05

Post by greenjade05 » May 27th, '07, 10:17

kiwigloomy wrote:So much ppl hate Nao =.= Why?
I dont really find Nao being irritating at all...
I only find the mushroom guy being super annonying, and a bit from akiyama...
I think it's more like her mindset/personalty that grates people's nerves.

People do have a point that the show would be boring if it were just about Akiyama, but wouldn't the show be boring if Nao is continually tricked and not even wising up to her situation?

Kirali

Post by Kirali » May 27th, '07, 10:21

Well, that's exactly why I think it is important to have both characters ^_^

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » May 27th, '07, 12:36

anoo sumimasen minnaa! but can any kind soul upload the OST to MF? Onegai? :cry: not SS nor MU works with me.. pleeeeeeeeease! :-( i`ll be glad for ever!!!!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » May 27th, '07, 14:27

ill be the Nao Haters leader.. lol!! join my pack! hehehe

Qualian

Post by Qualian » May 27th, '07, 18:21

Eternal Snow wrote:anoo sumimasen minnaa! but can any kind soul upload the OST to MF? Onegai? :cry: not SS nor MU works with me.. pleeeeeeeeease! :-( i`ll be glad for ever!!!!
Here you go :-) Liar Game OST: http://www.mediafire.com/?6x34xdaz9du
[credits to marienella_m and thtl~!]
Last edited by Qualian on May 28th, '07, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

Ebbie28

Post by Ebbie28 » May 27th, '07, 18:54

I feel that Nao was just annoying.. I don't dislike the character.. Iam scared to watch ep 7... I might start not likeing her if she gets more annoying.

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » May 27th, '07, 18:58

Qualian wrote:
Eternal Snow wrote:anoo sumimasen minnaa! but can any kind soul upload the OST to MF? Onegai? :cry: not SS nor MU works with me.. pleeeeeeeeease! :-( i`ll be glad for ever!!!!
OMG!! Domo Arigatou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i`ll LOVE YOU FOREVEEEEEEEEEER! chu~chu~ :wub: :heart:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » May 28th, '07, 05:05

Qualian wrote:

thank you for the direct link ;)

minimin

Post by minimin » May 28th, '07, 05:21

GoddessCarlie wrote: Ah, but we don't love to hate him. He's just annoying, and not a good villain at all.

I agree with you GoddessCarlie. The Mushroom guy is plain annoying and it's not even like he can act or is a good villian. I mean other good villians actually make u hate them or such but this guys just annoys me to the core. >.< I have never found anyone as annoying as him in a series before. :crazy:

Nah we love Nao as Erika and the innocent Nao, but her stupidity gets to people. I mean damn... most of us here must have in every episode shouted "stupid sutpid; gosh she can't think!!! what the f?" when we watch this, right?

Damn, I want to watch ep7 but I'm waiting for the subs. TT_TT oh Mien.

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » May 28th, '07, 14:46

sunmoon wrote:
gemtsoi wrote: I actually find Liar Game more painstaking than suspenseful. In fact, it hasn't created any suspense so far, just a lot of long-drawn out, brain-numbing explanations, weird, over the top characters, bad acting by the co-actors, and overwhelming camera angles/editing tricks. The only thing keeping me in the game is Akiyama's coolness and my loyalty to Toda Erika.

Ep.5 was only 36 minutes long and yet it felt SO long-winded! I was watching the progress bar and almost groaning because it wasn't ending yet... I was practically gripped with horror that Nao would turn all goody-goody and foolishly kind when she started sympathizing with the other losers.
Oh God, I will be honest like Nao and say that people like you, and posts like this post you made, annoy the hell out of me. :crazy:
Painstaking? Oh please, this drama is going at a very fast rate compared to MOST if not all japanese dramas out there (except the ancient ones - i dont watch those). I can't possibly see how one could say this is so long and boring. Yes there's some explanation here and there. But oh for the sake of people who are not as "smart" as you, can you please just let them explain the tricks as how they are doing it now? Because I don't think it's too long or too repetitive. In fact, even though I could guess how the plan is going, I still enjoy very much all the explanation because the acting is pretty funny (mushroom guy).
So yes please "the few people" who complain they "can guess almost everything that is going on", or "the explanation is so long omg i can't stand it i just wish it'd end already", do us a favor and stop watchin the show, or stop showing off in here because you are just simply very annoying.
There's a reason why a lot of people vote for this show as their favorite, so if u really wish it'd end already while watching it, then turn off ur computer and do something else that makes u more happy :glare:
I'm very sorry that I upset you so much. I agree that the explanations ARE necessary. But a couple of the explanations really take up way too much time, especially when they repeat them over and over.

You can also look at it on the other hand...if you're so upset that I complain about long explanations, perhaps I can also be upset that the explanations are too long? There's really no need to get so worked up over differing opinions. Besides, I still stand by it that Ep.4/5 were painstaking. Regardless of their length, be it 10 mins or 30 mins, it was the way the episodes were scripted and directed. A 4-hour movie can be amazing, and a 40-min episode can be painstaking, or it can be the other way round. It's all in the content. I found it painstaking, you didn't. That's all there is to it.

I WILL continue watching Liar Game because I started it and I might as well end it. Besides, Shota and Erika are still there, and I'm holding on to the hope that it'll get better as it goes along. I'm sorry if I came across as arrogant, I certainly did not intend to do so. But I will not post any more negative comments about this show, since it clearly incites so much 'hatred'.

All that said, I've finally finished Ep.6. I suppose it's not negative to say that Mushroom's laughter really grates on the nerves?
I was a bit disappointed to see Akiyama rushing to Nao's aid (or at least I assume he was) at the end, because I kinda hoped that Nao would come out with a brilliant strategy herself...but really, all it seemed was that she got deceived again and again, and cried...and it seemed set up for Akiyama to enter. I want Nao to defeat that bunch of people by herself...

justmi91

Post by justmi91 » May 28th, '07, 15:31

Hello~~ Did you realise Nao is not the only 1 getting cheated? All the other contestant are getting cheated to so y are you all calling her 2pid? I'm not a Nao's fan so u cant say im biased when making a judgement.She is naive and rather trust people then going against them.Which kind of pple would u rather be? Nao or mushroom head???

Naruhodo

Post by Naruhodo » May 28th, '07, 20:00

gemtsoi wrote:
I was a bit disappointed to see Akiyama rushing to Nao's aid (or at least I assume he was) at the end, because I kinda hoped that Nao would come out with a brilliant strategy herself...but really, all it seemed was that she got deceived again and again, and cried...and it seemed set up for Akiyama to enter. I want Nao to defeat that bunch of people by herself...
Maybe she will - it's still too early, she's just warming up. You could see she actually enjoyed having tricked the others for a while before realizing what happened and apologizing. It's quite possible she'll actually trick people towards the end of the show.

greenjade05

Post by greenjade05 » May 29th, '07, 00:34

justmi91 wrote:Hello~~ Did you realise Nao is not the only 1 getting cheated? All the other contestant are getting cheated to so y are you all calling her 2pid? I'm not a Nao's fan so u cant say im biased when making a judgement.She is naive and rather trust people then going against them.Which kind of pple would u rather be? Nao or mushroom head???
You are right that there are others who are and have been cheated. After all this is "Liar Game" isn't it? However, most of the focus goes to Nao because of her personality and her actions based on her personality. She doesn't have any reserves like the others do which is why she is continiously tricked. It's extremely easy to use her as a tool when tricking others.

Personally I'd be neither. If you had #15 as an option, I'd be her. Though she got deceived by that Mushroom, she is able to be cunning when it came to working with Akiyama in ep. 5. She doesn't act impaitent like the Mushroom and she didn't act reckless like he did in his plan to decive people. Plus, I liked her hoice of outfit Also she wasn't full on clueless like Nao.

Who would you be?

darkshadow329

Post by darkshadow329 » May 29th, '07, 16:15

I have the Liar Game manga volume 4 here at home..too bad i dont have a scanner >.<

japysia

Post by japysia » May 29th, '07, 23:20

'LIAR GAME' drama gets 3-hour finale
Fuji TV's "LIAR GAME" drama series is getting an extended final episode. On June 23, instead of running in its regular 11:10-11:55 time slot, the program will air from 9:00 to 11:55.
This is a first for a drama series. There have been many cases where a final episode is extended (generally by 15 minutes) or a series gets a later special episode, but no serialized drama has ever had a finale extended to 3 hours.
"LIAR GAME" has attracted decent ratings and has become very popular among young viewers. In an Oricon survey early in the season, it had the second-highest viewer satisfaction rating behind "Kaette Kita Jikou Keisatsu."
Actor Kinya Kitaoji will make a guest appearance in the final episode as Hasegawa, the head of the "game."
Source: Sankei Sports/tokyograph

Great! So, the head of the game is also the same actor who plays the main villain in Karei Naru Ichizoku.I can't wait for this finale.

belleza

Post by belleza » May 29th, '07, 23:34

3 hour finale? Uhm, wouldn't that double the entire running time of the show? Are we going to have an exam after the (inevitable) one hour presentation on How To Play Liar Game Like a Pro?

I'm kinda hoping that they run the finale like a separate TV movie. I just don't know if I can stand 3 hours of Mushroom Guy yelling at Nao in a sound stage while the cinematographer drops multiple hits of acid. But, then again, given the budget they must have saved producing this show, hey this could be Death Mushroom. That would rawk!
"LIAR GAME" has attracted decent ratings and has become very popular among young viewers. In an Oricon survey early in the season,
Given how ratings been this season, I think you have to say LG has been a legitimate success.

JKH

Post by JKH » May 30th, '07, 01:19

Wow! 3 hours?! I'm so happy! ^^ Liar Game has been very enjoyable and I'm reluctant that it will finish soon. But I wonder what the 3 hours will be about?

unclehock

Post by unclehock » May 30th, '07, 01:51

3 hours!!! sugoiiiiiiii : )))

still very excited to see how nao can be saved from the restructuring game. exciting stuff ahead!

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » May 30th, '07, 02:14

thanks for the info

3h.. i must be prepared for this (and so do the foods) !

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » May 30th, '07, 10:43

whaaaaaaaa....!!!! they earned a high rating! that's so cool!!!

LanBreak

Post by LanBreak » May 30th, '07, 11:38

3 hours? Well, sans commercial breaks it's probably gonna end somewhere around 2 hours, but still... To be honest, I'm not yet sure whether the writers (and the cast as well) have what it takes to turn the material into feature-film length.

Of course you're all aware what this means for your trusted subbers, right? :blink
I guess this one's gonna take more than a couple of days... I just hope mushroom won't be in it (fat chance...). HATE having to listen to his voice(s).

darkshadow329

waaaa

Post by darkshadow329 » May 30th, '07, 17:06

3時間!?まじ?いいね!俺はうれしい だろう:w00t:

orichan

Post by orichan » May 30th, '07, 19:27

LanBreak wrote:3 hours? Well, sans commercial breaks it's probably gonna end somewhere around 2 hours, but still... To be honest, I'm not yet sure whether the writers (and the cast as well) have what it takes to turn the material into feature-film length.

Of course you're all aware what this means for your trusted subbers, right? :blink
I guess this one's gonna take more than a couple of days... I just hope mushroom won't be in it (fat chance...). HATE having to listen to his voice(s).
3 hours?!!!! What the...?! Getting the episode will take a while.... and getting it subbed will take a while ----- esp because I will be in asia when this airs and I can't bt there so I will have to get it in a very round about way.

Perhaps they weren't planning to show everything on TV in the beginning and was actually just planning to put everything in DVD.... But seeing how much young watchers like it.....

I don't think Mushroom head gets to evil laugh much after Restructure Game. (Thank God)

I am kind of happy about this though cause this means there's a higher chance of the ending being complete.
Last edited by orichan on May 30th, '07, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

Naruhodo

Post by Naruhodo » May 30th, '07, 21:23

The 3 hours probably will end up being about 2 hours of flashbacks :glare:

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » May 30th, '07, 21:29

Naruhodo wrote:The 3 hours probably will end up being about 2 hours of flashbacks :glare:
i had the saaaaaaame idea :w00t:

i hope something will happen between Nao & Akiyama.. :pray:

The Artist

Post by The Artist » May 31st, '07, 03:00

Wow thats a new one a 3 hour finale, or are the producers are in on the lying game. This drama has been very enjoyable so far , I can't wait to see what happen next.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 31st, '07, 12:34

The Artist wrote:Wow thats a new one a 3 hour finale, or are the producers are in on the lying game.
tee hee ;) ;)

I just heard about the 3 hour finale. It's either going to be awesome or really painful.

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » May 31st, '07, 14:51

Looks like this series is pretty good when it's popular even in the Chinese section of YouTube. Does anyone know if the Chinese subs cover all the current episodes out now?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 31st, '07, 17:52

yes, they do

belleza

Post by belleza » Jun 1st, '07, 10:46

just heard about the 3 hour finale. It's either going to be awesome or really painful.
If Mushroom Guy isn't in the finale, it may well be the best finale of the season.

If Mushroom Guy is a major part of the finale, it may well be the worst single episode in the history of J-drama. That said, Mushroom Guy can cackle like a hyena for 3 hour straight; but if Nao-chan gets to kick him in the groin -- with emotion -- I will cry oceans of joy. And Toda Erika will surely win Best Actress.

The Artist

Post by The Artist » Jun 2nd, '07, 00:09

XiaoPauli wrote:Looks like this series is pretty good when it's popular even in the Chinese section of YouTube. Does anyone know if the Chinese subs cover all the current episodes out now?
You're right I am hoping its a good one rather than a painful one.

I also agree with some of you guys about the mushroom guy, he simply annoying, but its fun seeing him gets beaten in his own game, hopefully he won't be part of the finale.

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Jun 2nd, '07, 00:14

belleza wrote:
just heard about the 3 hour finale. It's either going to be awesome or really painful.
If Mushroom Guy isn't in the finale, it may well be the best finale of the season.

If Mushroom Guy is a major part of the finale, it may well be the worst single episode in the history of J-drama. That said, Mushroom Guy can cackle like a hyena for 3 hour straight; but if Nao-chan gets to kick him in the groin -- with emotion -- I will cry oceans of joy. And Toda Erika will surely win Best Actress.
I second that, he is annoying as hell. Couldn't they have gotten a calmer villian?

The Artist

Post by The Artist » Jun 2nd, '07, 00:21

ittiou wrote:
I second that, he is annoying as hell. Couldn't they have gotten a calmer villian?
In a way the mushroom guy is annoyingly funny, I mean certain reaction that he does is clearly unnecessary. I am still waiting for ep 7 subs to see how they got that fool to shut up.

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Jun 2nd, '07, 06:24

Just caught episode 7.

More spittle from Mushroom. At least Nao gets to do something right for a change.
Who would've thought that Akiyama would qualify as chattel?! Lol :lol
Had a field day when they said that Akiyama can be classified as one of Nao's "personal belongings".
And what's this I hear about a 3-hr finale? Right on! Things are starting to get really interesting. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

unkei

Post by unkei » Jun 2nd, '07, 12:05

a three-hour finale sure comes as a shock. a lot of people have their doubts about it, but i'm pretty elated at the news of there being more liar game. it may not be everybody's tea, but it's been pretty goddamn addictive stuff to date. i know, ppl complain when times are good and ppl complain when times are bad. i sincerely hope that those who believe the final episode wouldn't be anything but a complete failure won't waste their time and bandwidth watching it.

mushroom head seems to be a prime area of show hatred. the sound of his voice is certainly cringe-worthy, but once he's stopped he's pretty hilarious. his terrible outfit gets points with me - i find his annoyance very entertaining.

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Jun 2nd, '07, 12:53

belleza wrote:

I guess his part may end soon, 'cause remember in episode 7 ..
They talked about other LGT's across Japan, so the 3-hour finale might be the last battle between those winners across the nation .. Perhaps ..
My prediction :D

crimmy

Post by crimmy » Jun 2nd, '07, 13:29

I guess his part may end soon, 'cause remember in episode 7 ..
They talked about other LGT's across Japan, so the 3-hour finale might be the last battle between those winners across the nation .. Perhaps ..
My prediction :D
watch the part where everyone got pissed at Nao.. Nao says that she lied about a nation-wide LGT XD
OMG ep7 was so good XD faces of ownage
Last edited by crimmy on Jun 3rd, '07, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

Jeshka

Post by Jeshka » Jun 2nd, '07, 14:31

I have really enjoyed this drama so far--sort of intrigue lite. I love the soundtrack, the camera work, the lighting, the Matsuda Shota. He can be my personal belonging anytime. A few people have mentioned that they find Nao a little annoying. Oddly enough, I find her naivete (did I spell that right?) rather refreshing. It's nice to see someone who, even after being tricked and fooled all her life, still believes that most people are inherently good--I suppose this can be seen as stupidity, but at the same time...it's, well, nice. Sure, that's not a particularly safe way to go about life...
Too bad the game is forcing her to become yet another person who can't be trusted.
I felt a little sad when Nao was forced to deceive all the other players in episode 7. I feel like the game has been altered--no longer is it only about finding the best liar while getting revenge on Akiyama. It seems like it's also become a test to see what it takes to corrupt an honest person (Nao in particular). I was hoping to see Nao slowly understanding the game on her own, using her strengths (kindness, generosity, honesty) to survive, rather than relying on Akiyama and having to play into the original intent of the game--lying. But, I guess that's too innocent and unrealistic of me.
P.S. justmi91--excellent avatar :D

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jun 2nd, '07, 14:42

Here's your preview for this week; sorry I missed last week.

Just a teaser since Nao is now explaining her motives.

Ep 8 clip

http://www.mediafire.com/?1q9mwytznfn

Hell... two weeks from now (23rd), they're going to have a 3hr special....

orichan

Post by orichan » Jun 2nd, '07, 15:07

unkei wrote:Mushroom head seems to be a prime area of show hatred. the sound of his voice is certainly cringe-worthy, but once he's stopped he's pretty hilarious. his terrible outfit gets points with me - i find his annoyance very entertaining.
I feel the same way as you.

He does amuses me to some extend.

About episode 8:

Looks like we are going to go into game 3 in the manga. This surprises me cause I find Game 3 extremely long and... well so far i still don't know where it is trying to go. lol.

I am kind of interested in where they are going to go with game 3 cause no matter what it will be different than game 3 in the manga.

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Jun 2nd, '07, 17:49

i wonder what is the role of the coordinator woman ? is she some acquaintance of Akiyama san ? those who know that please feel free to spoil secretly. arigatou

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Jun 2nd, '07, 18:09

Jeshka wrote:
Too bad the game is forcing her to become yet another person who can't be trusted.
I felt a little sad when Nao was forced to deceive all the other players in episode 7. I feel like the game has been altered--no longer is it only about finding the best liar while getting revenge on Akiyama. It seems like it's also become a test to see what it takes to corrupt an honest person (Nao in particular). I was hoping to see Nao slowly understanding the game on her own, using her strengths (kindness, generosity, honesty) to survive, rather than relying on Akiyama and having to play into the original intent of the game--lying. But, I guess that's too innocent and unrealistic of me.
I was kind of hoping the same thing. Although it's really interesting that....
she's using her honesty to trick people. She's not a GREAT liar (she's not bad though), but because everyone knows she's so naive they don't doubt her for one second. So, in that way she's using her strength to win at the game. It's going to be interesting how they resolve her feelings on taking this money when it's putting others in debt. We got to see a little of how bad she felt after the second game, but I think they needed to move the story forward, and it was mostly skipped over.

alstar83

Post by alstar83 » Jun 3rd, '07, 02:53

I have a question about ep 7
is it right that now Nao owes other players 70mil each?

orichan

Post by orichan » Jun 3rd, '07, 06:24

@alstar: That's right.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jun 3rd, '07, 06:41

Wow, Nao's still so dumb... No one loses money and everyone wins? She STILL thinks everyone is nice and won't want her money -_-;; Totally impossible scenerio in real life.

End of Ep8 is trying to lead us to think that Akiyama's mother is behind it all... Her mother faked suicide and became the Multi's boss? :lol

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » Jun 3rd, '07, 09:15

zooey wrote:Just caught episode 7.

More spittle from Mushroom. At least Nao gets to do something right for a change.
Had a field day when they said that Akiyama can be classified as one of Nao's "personal belongings".
personal belonging..I know right! I was like that's kind of hot.

This show is so addicting. up to ep 7 and I still can't figure Akiyama's tricks, he's thought of it alll!
and does it seem like that female employee/game announcer person is helping nao? She's up to something or she feels sorry for her

chamcham

Post by chamcham » Jun 3rd, '07, 11:28

It would be really funny if at the end of the show, the LGT was
like "HAHA. There's no 100 million yen debt. We were just screwing
with all of you the whole time".......LOL

snowbug

Post by snowbug » Jun 3rd, '07, 11:47

zooey wrote:
That was so cute.
And Akiyama didn't seem to mind at all :P