[Discussion] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [2007]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 9th, '07, 23:12

shampoo scene Ilove it XD XD XD

edit: yay the page 111 I like the number :wub:
Last edited by Oguri_Shun_lover on Jul 9th, '07, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 9th, '07, 23:13

Well i don't think they could get away with turnign Umeda straight... that was the whole point of him being their... (and they few seconds of him on it made me think he is alittle gay...)

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Jul 9th, '07, 23:16

i really hope that a rumore cause if it isn't i will cry! :cry: someone on that LJ link said that in Toma's diary or something said that he had dinner with Maki and Shun today or something, if this is true can i get a link to Toma's diary!?

btw i hope in ep 2 the Dr will show more of his gayness cause i luved it when he did so in the manga!

Prodigy_child

Post by Prodigy_child » Jul 9th, '07, 23:21

ladyusagi wrote:i don't know how they will portray the doctor's character but i DO know that he will still be gay. the actor who plays him said on bistro smap that he will be playing a gay character for the drama.
thank goodness. :cheers: won't be dr. umeda if he isn't gay. :)

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 9th, '07, 23:22

yeah I hopeit just a rumor

I cryed already :cry: :cry:

I want to see kss monster sano

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 9th, '07, 23:34

Yah 111 pages!!!! :cheers:

I will look into this Shun Car accident thing.... :scratch:

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 9th, '07, 23:38

Does anyone know whether or not the files/episodes you download on Clubbox are able to be played on VLC Media Player, BS Player, ect?

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 9th, '07, 23:42

Not found any infomation yet but i found that Toma got Beer spilled all over him...

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 9th, '07, 23:49

Not found any infomation yet but i found that Toma got Beer spilled all over him...
HAHAHA that's soo toma... i hope the rumor turns out to be false cuz then what would happen to hana kimi!!! :crazy: :cry: :cry: :cry:

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 9th, '07, 23:59

well think of it this way... if any thing really bad happend it would be know all over... but if he was in an accident it must of not been life threatening...

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 9th, '07, 23:59

well think of it this way... if any thing really bad happend it would be know all over... but if he was in an accident it must of not been life threatening...

microsoftExcelExcel

Post by microsoftExcelExcel » Jul 10th, '07, 00:00

Yeah, Toma mentioned in his j-web that he had dinner with Shun, Maki, Mizushima Hiro, and Okada Masaki for today's date. And he also mentioned the beer incident a few days ago. As for Shun's accident, it's probably just a rumor.

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 10th, '07, 00:02

kozumifan wrote:
HAHAHA that's soo toma... i hope the rumor turns out to be false cuz then what would happen to hana kimi!!! :crazy: :cry: :cry: :cry:
LOL

I don't care of han kimi :pale:

I want shun to be fine only :cry:

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 10th, '07, 00:03

Oguri_Shun_lover wrote:
kozumifan wrote:
LOL

I don't care of han kimi :pale:

I want shun to be fine only :cry:
meanny... hana-kimi would be post-poned if shu wasn't there... since he is an important charater...

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Jul 10th, '07, 00:25

Car Accident ---> Urban Legend.

It has been said of so many actors, actresses, singers... all over the world that i thought people would discard it at once... really, and after all as NanaTorigawa said if it had just a little bit of truth behind it it would have already on the news....

By the way with so many pages i got lost, did someone answeredmy question about the name of the music the band was playing just before Toma's speech in the sports competition?

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 10th, '07, 00:51

By the way... i wonder who the actors are that do the guys with the red and blue sweat wear... (They also bow to the painting at one point)

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 10th, '07, 00:53

SOMEONE REALLY NEEDS TO TELL ME.
Stuff you download on Clubbox, can you play that certain types of media players, like VLC, or BSplayer?

Or do you need some sort of special program :D.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 10th, '07, 01:06

wat3rm3lon wrote:SOMEONE REALLY NEEDS TO TELL ME.
Stuff you download on Clubbox, can you play that certain types of media players, like VLC, or BSplayer?

all the files i've downloaded are avi.. i guess u can use vlc player

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 10th, '07, 01:12

kozumifan wrote:
wat3rm3lon wrote:SOMEONE REALLY NEEDS TO TELL ME.

all the files i've downloaded are avi.. i guess u can use vlc player
Yess, thank you! :D.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 10th, '07, 01:12

I was bored so i deside to look who the mino charater are for example those guys that come in for Shampoo...
And i found a picture of Shuji the guy that plays Noe... and is it just me or does this guy look like Hyde alittle....

and the name of the guy that hurt mizuki in ep 1 Daikokucho Mitsuomi(Charaters name) and the actors name is Takahashi Mitsuomi

Lip Market towel(thanks to some one on there blog i found this one0- Mizobata Junpei charater name is Saga Kazuma
Attachments
noe in hana-kimi.JPG
noe in hana-kimi.JPG (14.45 KiB) Viewed 2936 times

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 10th, '07, 01:27

I just watch shampoo scene

OMG it stell make me laugh until my eyes tear :alcoholic:

xfantasee

Post by xfantasee » Jul 10th, '07, 01:30

I think I'm in love with Ikenai Taiyou. I sit here and just listen to it over and over again... Na na na na na na na :whistling:

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 10th, '07, 02:13

Another bordom thing

I'm goign to link all the Actors Blogs incase peopel want to read the hana-kimi progress(Warnign they are all in Japanese)

http://blog.watanabepro.co.jp/igarashishunji/
Shunji as Noe
http://mitsuomi.cocolog-nifty.com/
Takahashi Mitsuomi as Daikokucho Mitsuomi
http://keisuke.xhblog.com/
Kato Keisuke as Yao Hikaru
http://www.mizobatajunpei.com/blog/
*Mizobata Junpei as Saga Kazuma
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/hiromi-s0823/
Sakimoto Hiromi as Kyobashi
http://ameblo.jp/yuichi-beside
Sato Yuuichi as Tetsukayama Shota
http://speedhouse.blog.shinobi.jp/
*Ikeda Jun as Kamishinjo Itsuki
http://ameblo.jp/gofreego/
Matsushita Kouji as Shojaku Ren
http://ameblo.jp/takeda-kouhei/
Takeda Kouhei as Kitahanada Kouhei

Ones with * next to them are in a group called JB5(Or Junon Boys 5)

I'll get soem more up later...

Ps. A Website that i happen to run into on my jouney:
http://www.dramauncovered.com/index/
Last edited by NanaTorigawa on Jul 10th, '07, 02:24, edited 1 time in total.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 10th, '07, 02:22

what are you guys talking about?? XD

raiketsu69

Post by raiketsu69 » Jul 10th, '07, 02:51

guys where did you get the raw?? and the subs???

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 10th, '07, 02:54

i got the subs here and the raw at windj and nbj

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 10th, '07, 03:12

i whatce the Subs on Crunchyroll....

BTW. Jun ikeda says in his blog that the second episode is funny... and he is nervous about it too...

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 10th, '07, 03:17

NanaTorigawa wrote:i whatce the Subs on Crunchyroll....

BTW. Jun ikeda says in his blog that the second episode is funny... and he is nervous about it too...
Yesss. TOMMOROW.
YOSH!!

I'm going to force myself to wake up early. And download the episode. Lololo.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 10th, '07, 03:35

We all are goign to watch it raw arn't we?

i alway wake ypu atr 5;30 any way... But the raw didn't come ot last time till hours after...

BTW. i know a seen where the 14 year Jun ikeda was in the first ep... when Mizuki ran ver fast and Nakatsu was with two guys.. it was the little one that is the 14year old
Last edited by NanaTorigawa on Jul 10th, '07, 03:49, edited 1 time in total.

xfantasee

Post by xfantasee » Jul 10th, '07, 03:36

Was just looking at the First Kiss thread and it got a 19 as it's rating... wow that's high.
Seems that Shun is getting a lot of bashing from people for some reason, comparing him with Jun on Bambino to Mao... Poor Shun. I hope as the show progresses the rating will go up.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 10th, '07, 03:52

I just noticed this but if you look at the Relation Chart you can see that Hara has an arrow pointing at Kayashima... i wonder what it says...

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 10th, '07, 03:55

xfantasee wrote:Was just looking at the First Kiss thread and it got a 19 as it's rating... wow that's high.
Seems that Shun is getting a lot of bashing from people for some reason, comparing him with Jun on Bambino to Mao... Poor Shun. I hope as the show progresses the rating will go up.
I saw that too.
I was like.
"Aw, Shun."

19 percent rating. That's friggen' high. I wonder why.
I can't download it though. My computer won't be able to take it ;[.

Don't worry. Hana Kimi is definitely getting a better rating for the second episode :D.

Moondy

Post by Moondy » Jul 10th, '07, 03:57

soon soon soon!!! :cheers:

xfantasee

Post by xfantasee » Jul 10th, '07, 03:59

xfantasee wrote:
Was just looking at the First Kiss thread and it got a 19 as it's rating... wow that's high.

I saw that too.
I was like.
"Aw, Shun."

19 percent rating. That's friggen' high. I wonder why.
I can't download it though. My computer won't be able to take it ;[.

Don't worry. Hana Kimi is definitely getting a better rating for the second episode Big Smile.
Oh I'm hoping that it will, and I'm pretty sure it will with all the dressing up as a girl and the kiss. I think it had something to do with two arashi members or something, Nino was one and arashi fans all watched it because of those two or something like that. That thread doesn't sink in as much as Hana Kimi things, well no duh.

Prodigy_child

Post by Prodigy_child » Jul 10th, '07, 04:07

NanaTorigawa wrote:I just noticed this but if you look at the Relation Chart you can see that Hara has an arrow pointing at Kayashima... i wonder what it says...
It's not pointing to Kayashima, but really pointing to the orange box which contains those students from Osaka really.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 10th, '07, 04:08

the name of the next episode is up!!! it called Wrong Kiss
Prodigy_child wrote:
NanaTorigawa wrote:I just noticed this but if you look at the Relation Chart you can see that Hara has an arrow pointing at Kayashima... i wonder what it says...
It's not pointing to Kayashima, but really pointing to the orange box which contains those students from Osaka really.
thanks for tellin me that!!
8 more hours!! Yah...

and i finally Dl the Raw version and i ahve to say it is really a differents it is really clear pictures!!

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jul 10th, '07, 05:56

holy moly this thread is just too fast @,@

FTW?!?!?!? SHUN IN A CAR ACCIDENT?!?! oh hell no... let that be a rumour and nothing more, cause if it isnt... oh perish the thought...

wow, first kiss got a 19? wow, higher than hanakimi?!? now that's some serious audience power from mao... but i have a feeling it'll drop next week, that's been the trend recently heehee... but for sure hanakimi's will increase.... *duh spell hot boys please XD *

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 10th, '07, 06:20

Usually the dramas with the boybands tend to get higher ratings than others. :/ Sucks. D:

Also, which came first? Hana Kimi or Ouran? The parallels to the stories are too identical, even to the school name.

桜咲 
桜蘭

Prodigy_child

Post by Prodigy_child » Jul 10th, '07, 06:33

Ladymercury wrote:Usually the dramas with the boybands tend to get higher ratings than others. :/ Sucks. D:

Also, which came first? Hana Kimi or Ouran? The parallels to the stories are too identical, even to the school name.

桜咲 
桜蘭
HanaKimi. The manga started in 1996 and only ended like three years ago while Ouran started in August 2003 and is still ongoing

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 10th, '07, 06:38

whaaa... this forum is way too fast for me to handle. lolz... yesterday it was just 102 pages. now its 113??? :crazy: ack!!!

anyways... did they release the subs and raw for first kiss??? i really want to see it.
why o why did it have a higher rating than hana kimi??? oh well. that's not the issue here, the issue is how to keep the ratings higher by each episode! i love hana kimi!!!! its just that they really killed the plot from the manga. BIG difference there. but it really doesn't matter. coz all the cast carries their characters well, especially maki and shun!!! whaa... oh, and not to forget toma! :wub:

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 10th, '07, 06:38

So did Hana-Kimi already air?
:D.

Or how many more hours :P.
I'm making time pass, by watching Burn Notice - it's pretty funny.

Bwhaha.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 10th, '07, 06:48

Prodigy_child wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:Usually the dramas with the boybands tend to get higher ratings than others. :/ Sucks. D:

桜咲 
桜蘭
HanaKimi. The manga started in 1996 and only ended like three years ago while Ouran started in August 2003 and is still ongoing
Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 10th, '07, 07:14

5 more hour til it airs... 6 more hours till the start of waiting for the raw!!!

I'm goign to bed now... i have been on D-Addict all say long.. i wonder how many pages more will be up!!!

Talk to you guys tommorrow and happy DLing hana-kimi ep 2!!(unfotuatly i have to wait till get on crunchyroll or it ia able to dl from Bitttorent...)
And hopefunny by that time B.O.N might have E 1 subs upo for Dling.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 10th, '07, 07:52

Shun's accident is just a rumor ^__^ so no worry gals..

& stay with Hana Kimi !!

phenally

Post by phenally » Jul 10th, '07, 07:54

i hope they make an anime out of hana kimi.....

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 10th, '07, 08:06

I prefer live actions... Unless its as awesome as Ouran's animu. But I'm not really an animu fan. XD

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 10th, '07, 08:13

biniBningPunkista wrote:whaaa... this forum is way too fast for me to handle. lolz... yesterday it was just 102 pages. now its 113??? :crazy: ack!!!

anyways... did they release the subs and raw for first kiss??? i really want to see it.
why o why did it have a higher rating than hana kimi??? oh well. that's not the issue here, the issue is how to keep the ratings higher by each episode! i love hana kimi!!!! its just that they really killed the plot from the manga. BIG difference there. but it really doesn't matter. coz all the cast carries their characters well, especially maki and shun!!! whaa... oh, and not to forget toma! :wub:
Well rating is important too... it has an effect on those viewers in japan or the production plus precise, it decided how sucessful a serie is..
I was in a discussion & many peopls say that the main reason becuz Hana Kimi doesn't get as many viewer as it's supposed to be is the time. I mean this is not the right time for Hana Kimi, where they'll have to bear many comparisons becuz of the TW vers, plus Sano character resembles Rui alot, plus the drama tends to be the next HYD (that's how HYD fans think :goggle: and I have no comment). And another fact that many of Maki's fan complaints that this role doesn't suit her becuz she's just soo cute ^__^; oh well I somehow understand this point, me myself really worried for her when I heard that she's goin to be Mizuki cuz she's goin to cut her hair & appears like a boy :blink , not many fanboys could accept that.... argh.

In my opinion, the rating is just a number, just take Nobuta wo Produce as exemple, there're up & down after each eps but it still stays a good drama !
I think it's quite unfair for Hana Kimi to recieve all those critics at the 1st eps.. but I believe as the story goes on, it'll be really interesting & addictive & even if the rating goes down (as many HYD or other fans predict) WT heck I dun't care a bit.. I'm just sad that many people will miss out this drama in the future when they only look at the rating to decide to watch it...

One more thing, I really hope that Maki will get her 1st BEST ACTRESS !! She got 2 BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS already, she really deserves it for this role !!

That's all for now.

oh man, I feel like writting much after a long sleep lol

nishiryo

Post by nishiryo » Jul 10th, '07, 08:43

Nomanymore wrote:
Well rating is important too... it has an effect on those viewers in japan or the production plus precise, it decided how sucessful a serie is..
I was in a discussion & many peopls say that the main reason becuz Hana Kimi doesn't get as many viewer as it's supposed to be is the time. I mean this is not the right time for Hana Kimi, where they'll have to bear many comparisons becuz of the TW vers, plus Sano character resembles Rui alot, plus the drama tends to be the next HYD (that's how HYD fans think :goggle: and I have no comment). And another fact that many of Maki's fan complaints that this role doesn't suit her becuz she's just soo cute ^__^; oh well I somehow understand this point, me myself really worried for her when I heard that she's goin to be Mizuki cuz she's goin to cut her hair & appears like a boy :blink , not many fanboys could accept that.... argh.
at first i thought you meant the time slot :lol when the hana kimi j-drama was confirmed i was surprised since at that time the TW version ended pretty recently and i thought it was too soon to have a japanese one. not that i minded though :P i was wishing for a j-drama after seeing the first episode of the TW hana kimi. i didn't like how ella interpreted the role of mizuki :glare:

belleza

Post by belleza » Jul 10th, '07, 09:05

oh well I somehow understand this point, me myself really worried for her when I heard that she's goin to be Mizuki cuz she's goin to cut her hair & appears like a boy , not many fanboys could accept that.... argh.
See, I didn't get why so many Maki fans were wary of her doing the boy thing. Maki started out her career playing weirdos (it lets her be a character actor rather than just a cutesy face, the latter which doesn't suit Maki's style), and she gets to really disappear into the Mizuki role. The baggy clothes actually gives her kind of a Drag King look (slick that hair into a pompadour!) and -- I don't know -- I kinda wonder whether she's doing a sendup of JE boys with her performance. :D

Maki and Shun have good chemistry too. Shun's played variations of the sullen aloof guy many, many times, and well he does a solid job here. Toma's stealing the show. I just loved his Shuichi.

That said, the first episode's direction/editing wasn't very good. A lot of the scenes played a bit tedious because the comic timing had really no rhythm. . . . and the special effects didn't play well at all.
Yeah, but that was coming from the Japanese audience. We love Shun here!
I was really disappointed with the first week ratings. . . but it turns out it's performing pretty well for its timeslot. Best start since Aya Ueto's show last year.

Hanazawa Rui

Post by Hanazawa Rui » Jul 10th, '07, 09:09

WOOOOOOOOOOW PAG 114 FROM YESTERDAY UHHHHHHHHHH CANT READ ALL THE PAGES

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Jul 10th, '07, 09:14

Nomanymore wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:whaaa... this forum is way too fast for me to handle. lolz... yesterday it was just 102 pages. now its 113??? :crazy: ack!!!

In my opinion, the rating is just a number, just take Nobuta wo Produce as exemple, there're up & down after each eps but it still stays a good drama !
I think it's quite unfair for Hana Kimi to recieve all those critics at the 1st eps.. but I believe as the story goes on, it'll be really interesting & addictive & even if the rating goes down (as many HYD or other fans predict) WT heck I dun't care a bit.. I'm just sad that many people will miss out this drama in the future when they only look at the rating to decide to watch it...

One more thing, I really hope that Maki will get her 1st BEST ACTRESS !! She got 2 BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS already, she really deserves it for this role !!

That's all for now.

oh man, I feel like writting much after a long sleep lol
I really lovvvvvvvvve this drama so far! I did read the manga and watch the TW version, but I kind of totally forgot everything that happened in the manga and put that horrible TW version aside from my mind, and decided to watch Hana Kimi with a fresh look. I know it's not my place to say this, but I think everyone should watch this as a new drama. Put aside everything that you know about it and watch it as it comes. If you keep comparing it to the manga, it'll probably ruin things. I know if I kept comparing it to the manga, I'd keep saying "wait this is suppose to happen blah blah... why is he like that blah blah... I hate how they changed that part I love blah blah..." and that would just kill this drama for me. It was the same for me watching Hana Yori Dango 1&2, and I learned that I should just put it all aside and keep an open mind.

About the ratings, I know First Kiss did really well. I'm surprised yet not surprised. First off, from what I know, Monday nights at 9:00 PM (21:00) is a really good time slot and a pretty much guarantees at least decent to good ratings. I really didn't think it would do better than Hana Kimi though, or at least I thought Hana Kimi was going to get a higher rating than it did. Has anyone seen First Kiss though? It's still downloading for me. Sooo many good dramas this summer! I can't wait to watch it all :lol !!

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 10th, '07, 09:22

^ I understand the high rating of First kiss ^__^

The only thin I dun't understand is that why people keep comparin those dramas in a season by its ratings ? I mean many people will have different tastes, so the dramas are. I mean every drama has its own story to tell, why bothering to compare 2 different stories ?? What do u get from it ? It got on my nerve when I see thos comments like "Yata this one rating beats that one !!" They should really think twice before commenting like that.
Again I dun't mean any harm here, I'm a crazy fan (plus precise Hana Kimi hard fan) but at least I respect the other dramas in the same season, If I dun't like I won't bother post one single comment, If I like, better for me :)

sorry off topic again..

ahhh I feel Hana Kimi close!! really close !!!!!

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Jul 10th, '07, 09:36

@Nomanymore: Yeah I know what you mean. I don't care about ratings either but sometimes it matters a lot to the people who make all of these shows happen. I would hate to see Hana Kimi end (having been a really great drama with a prospective of a second season) and not be able to come back because of a lack of ratings. For me, I was really glad HYD had a second season and thank goodness it did well during it's first season that they decided to make a sequel.

Anyways, enough of this ratings talk. I'm suppppppper excited for episode 2! I just can't wait! I hope someone posts the raw up soon :lol !!

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 10th, '07, 09:44

The raws go up on the Japanese p2p networks like around 11 or 12pm on Tuesdays and it takes me an hour to grab them... So it'll probably be up around 2 today... as fast as I can get it up as possible for you guys.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 10th, '07, 09:58

I really hope there's a fan who's living in japan right now who can live-comment us lol

Again thanks Ladymercury :wub: for ur release !!!

nishiryo

Post by nishiryo » Jul 10th, '07, 10:00

lol me too! 2 more hours to go!

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 10th, '07, 10:06

If IIRC on 2ch there's img threads dedicated to live posting of the ep... lol I'll see if I can find it for ya'll :3

Unless you have a jp IP you can't post on that thread, and sometimes, you maybe blocked from even viewing. 2ch hates foriegners, lol.

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 10th, '07, 10:13

what is 2ch ???? :scratch: :scratch:

only 2 hour,ne :cheers: :cheers: :alcoholic:

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 10th, '07, 10:41

2ch and 2chan are a japanese BBS and Image Board, the largest ... forums on the internet actually.

And I search and there's nothing for dramas on the image board, just for Tokusatsu : (

POST 123! :D

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 10th, '07, 12:04

AzuNga

Post by AzuNga » Jul 10th, '07, 13:16

Just watched the episode. Currently in Japan so it's quite easy to get hyped about it when I see those huge posters everywhere.

Spoilers, Major.
The episode was quite funny, though sadly the acting needs a bit of work... Definitely changed a lot of things, nothing too bad, but I thought it was a bit too over dramatic at some parts.

So Umeda is still gay, he said some of the same things like "I have no interest in women." Was a bit weird and overdone since when he confronted Mizuki, she fell down and then he was grabbing her HURT ankle and squeezing it. However, the lovely Yuujiro came to the rescue (he's super adorable in this episode)

Sano STILL doesn't know that Mizuki's a girl. But he will in the next episode from I what I saw in the preview. (Mizuki's brother comes! He starred in Sexy Voice and Robo so quite capable of being hilarious. Sano finds out, not by feeling Mizuki up, but by overhearing the conversation between the siblings. Or at least that's what I think. It may be different since what appears in previews aren't always in the same order as they appear.)

Nakatsu steals the show with discovering his attraction to Mizuki.
"Pink Aura!" - Ghost boy steals the spotlight a few times as well (indirect kiss taken away, popping up here and there)
Okonomiyaki - Sticking his head out of the store to clear his mind ("I SUPER DUPER LIKE WOMEN!")

Interestingly enough, Mr. Osaka Contest isn't about crossdressing. Which kind of makes sense, but it would have been hilarious to see the guys crossdress. Wanted to give Mizuki "impact" on the audience so was going to have "him" be naked on the stage. However, Umeda saves the day and she "crossdresses."

Sano is in the contest, but entirely unwilling. Dragged to the stage by Yuujiro. Loved the part when they were announcing the winners for Mr. Osaka (and the Ms Osaka?) since Sano was squatting down, grumpy and completely not interested in the result.

The winner of Mr. Osaka is... Yuujiro! (He gets a medal and a television with some dog running as a reward) and the Ms. Osaka is... Mizuki.

Kissing Monster appears. Twice. First time Mizuki gets kissed and then finds out about Sano's zero alcohol tolerance (even Ghost boy has gotten kissed). The second kiss between Sano and Nakatsu comes in at the end.

Major change - How Sano got hurt. Mizuki retold her story to Umeda to explain why she was at the school. She was not only mesmerized by Sano's beautiful jump and decided to get him to jump again. Actually, for some reason when Sano was overseas (I believe, considering the thugs were not Japanese) he witnessed Mizuki almost getting kidnapped. He saved her but when jumping over the fence to escape, was caught by the kidnappers and had his ankle cut. So Mizuki was the reason why he couldn't jump. This is not actually a bad addition since it explains the seriousness of the scene when she cut her hair. However, I felt that it could have been performed better since it seemed a bit overdramatic. Not bad overall...but not exactly excellent. Did seem QUITE random to tell the truth. (What I told my friend was, "Where the heck did he come from?!")

I think that's about it... Oh, there was a funny scene between the doctor and the photographer... Japanese is my third language so I couldn't completely catch it but the photographer is definitely a mix between the two characters. There was something about "bed." She's not scared of him at all, he's scared of her... Whatever she said had him running to close the door. I guess the funny interactions between them will still be there.
Oh and I love Ikenai Taiyou ^_^
Last edited by AzuNga on Jul 10th, '07, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 10th, '07, 13:27

Yah... it has past now we wait for the raw to come put... and was have goten to page 115 for ep 2!!!!

i'll be on all day... see you guys later!!

lilbearie

Post by lilbearie » Jul 10th, '07, 13:27

this is my first post in this forum., been lurking around but not posting hehe ..

anyway Azunga i really liked ur spoilers. :lol

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 10th, '07, 13:30

yosh! i just finished watching it a bit ago XD
they made umeda more serious than he was in the manga. and idk if they made him gay (my japanese is not to good). but when hes questioning mizuki at the beginning of the episode about being a girl (im assuming), mizuki was trying to get away but she fell. so then umeda puts pressure on her injured foot. i was like :glare: that was uncalled for.

the fangirls come over to help with decorating for the Mister Ohsaka contest. I think the fangirls werent as fanatical as they were in the last ep but thats probably because there were less of them. they called sano 'sano-sama'.

sano gets drunk by eating something early on in the ep. he falls down. mizuki tries to help him up. he kisses her XD and then passes out. the other dorm guys run to find mizuki and sano. EVERYONE gets a turn on screen to say that they were kissed by sano "Ore mo!" "Ore me!" "Boku mo!" "Ore mo!" "Watashi mo" and then it pauses at Kayashima and has some weird music and they he says "Ore mo" :lol .

drunk sano is so cute! :3 :P i love his voice and drunkardness.

they changed MIzuki's background too. when she's talking to Umeda explaining why she came she also talks about how she was attacked by some people. then out of nowhere Sano is randomly there and runs with her away. she goes free and sano takes care of the bad guys. when hes trying to get over the fence though, one of the guys slashes at the back of his foot (thats the scar you see earlier in the ep on his foot). this change in mizuki's background makes her less of a fangirl and it makes her purpose more serious/personal. and sano was so cool. :roll

and OMG Nakatsu vision XD i laughed every single time it happend :lol . Kayashima would see his weird auras. Nakatsu actually had a pink aura around him one time on screen. "Nakatsu vision" has mizuki in a flowery frame (think "Tamaki vision" from ouran except brighter). and Nakatsu keeps saying to himself that he likes onna/women while his heart is pounding. :lol haha omg poor Nakatsu, hes so loveable.

mizuki was running late to the Mister Ohsaka contest. when she got there her dormmates put her in a room and told her to change and when she undressed, they pulled all the clothes out from under the door thus leaving a very nekkid mizuki about to go onstage (when the door/curtains opened). but umeda is there to save the day. theres dresses conveniently outside the door. next time we see mizuki she is on stage dressed as a girl. (maki-chan kawaiii XD). everyone is blown away. umeda goes over to sano and says something to him. Nakatsu nosebleeds XD :lol .

mizuki and friends have an afterparty. nakatsu and mizuki reach for the same cup. mizuki lets him have the cup. nakatsu freaks out because mizuki drank from it and he has his little "same cup = indirect kiss" fantasy but then kayashima takes the cup from him and drinks it. :lol XD i <3 kayashima :3 and then he notes nakatsu's weird aura.

mizuki goes to sit next to sano (who is sitting kind of back to back to nakatsu). sano gets drunk off that one food again. drunk sano is so cute XD. he leans over to kiss mizuki, but then nakatsu gets in the way to prevent the kiss, thus the scene/pic we've see happens.

the end of the episode shows mizuki's brother at the airport.

next episode! MIzuki's brother comes and tries to take her back! (her brother seems mean in the preview scenes :-( ). and Sano finds out MIzuki is a girl! the preview shows a confused sano saying "Onna??" I wonder how they'll do that. there was no shower scene this episode, so maybe next ep? or maybe he see's mizuki in a dress when she goes to see her brother??

can't wait for next ep XD

Akuma.hime

EPISODE 2

Post by Akuma.hime » Jul 10th, '07, 13:33

Okay,

I just watched episode two and I am so annoyed.....BTW, if you haven't seen this episode than I suggest you skip this post. SPOILERS AHEAD!

Anyway, I love HanaKimi it was probably one of the first manga I bought long before started learning Japanese, so naturally I was uber-excited to see that it was becoming a drama. Especially, after since the manga ended a couple years ago- I thought that it would never be animated, let along turned into a drama.
But the way they changed it kind of annoys the hell out of me. I know that when turning a manga into a drama it naturally isn't going to be the same. But artful adaptations can be made I mean look at Hana Yori Dango. The story changed to fit the drama and it was AMAZING (for the most part anyway)! But for HanaKimi they seemed to changed a lot of the things that made it really fun-- not to mention funny. I am particularly referring some of the American aspects.

Maybe its unfair to say this after only two episodes but, half the fun of was watching Mizuki get by in Japan. Yeah, she's half-Japanese but she's grown up in America so her attitude is more I don't know how to say this but "more in your face" than she appears to be. Maybe that was changed to cater more to the Japanese audience in which cause I understand since ratings are important. But to a certain extent if you strip that way you lose a little bit of Mizuki's personality.

I was also expecting her to have more of a "foreign" appearance-- probably an unreasonable assumption since Japanese speaking actresses and actors are hard to come by. I acknowledge that but I just feel that something is missing.

Oh, and the thing that REALLY pisses me off (by far more than the other things) is the reason WHY Sano stopped jumping. Its so lame!!! The writers decided that its because he got attacked in America, saving Mizuki, that he got injured and stopped jumping. And of course, Mizuki comes to Japan to help he regain his from confidence to begin it again.

Look, I know that America isn't the safest country in the world, but why does every Japanese drama focus on American crime whenever something in the show takes place in America! Its so annoying! Oh, and it PISSES me off that the crimes are ALWAYS perpetrated by black people! Again, I point to Hana Yori Dango 2 when Tsukushi gets mugged and then nearly assaulted by none other than black people. Maybe this doesn't bother anyone else, but I'm black and I currently live in Japan so this kind of crap directly effects my life here. In fact I'm writing my thesis on it!

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jul 10th, '07, 13:36

i agree, it is quite unfounded to keep on comparing dramas based on the ratings they get, but then let's face it, ratings predetermine a drama's main course. if it were too low, the producers change the supposed plot into something that would attract the audience, too high and they would do whatever it is that makes it so (at least that's how i hear it) . so i'd hate to see a good drama going awry just to cater to ratings, whilst alongside it there's another drama not of the same caliber and yet enjoying high rating. that's my opinion anyway. :lol

and belleza!!! heehee fancy meeting you here again!! (i was wondering when you'd make your appearance here :D)

wow, the comic timing was off for you? *and here i was LMAOing the entire time XD*
when it comes to a shoujo manga adaptation, i do not keep high hopes with the editing, directing and the graphics. as long as it promises me a good storyline and a hearty laugh, i'm all good. :thumright: and of course, it doesnt hurt as well that toma is here. :wub: *ships JE*

>>and i will skip for the meantime all the spoilers that i see XD XD <<

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 10th, '07, 13:39

AzuNga wrote:Just watched the episode. Currently in Japan so it's quite easy to get hyped about it when I see those huge posters everywhere.

Spoilers, Major.
The episode was quite funny, though sadly the acting needs a bit of work... Definitely changed a lot of things, nothing too bad, but I thought it was a bit too over dramatic at some parts.

So Umeda is still gay, he said the same things "I have no interest in women." Was a bit weird and overdone since when he confronted Mizuki, she fell down and then he was grabbing her HURT ankle and squeezing it. However, the lovely Yuujiro came to the rescue (he's super adorable in this episode)

Sano STILL doesn't know that Mizuki's a girl. But he will in the next episode from I what I saw in the preview. (Mizuki's brother comes! He starred in Sexy Voice and Robo so quite capable of being hilarious. Sano finds out, not by feeling Mizuki up, but by overhearing the conversation between the siblings)

"Pink Aura!" - Ghost boy steals the spotlight a few times as well (indirect kiss taken away, popping up here and there)
Okonomiyaki - Sticking his head out of the store to clear his mind ("I SUPER DUPER LIKE WOMEN!")

Interestingly enough, Mr. Osaka Contest isn't about crossdressing. Which kind of makes sense, but it would have been hilarious to see the guys crossdress. Wanted to give Mizuki "impact" on the audience so was going to have "him" be naked on the stage. However, Umeda saves the day and she "crossdresses."

Sano is in the contest, but entirely unwilling. Dragged to the stage by Yuujiro. Loved the part when they were announcing the winners for Mr. Osaka (and the Ms Osaka?) since Sano was squatting down, grumpy and completely not interested in the result.

The winner of Mr. Osaka is... Yuujiro! (He gets a medal and a television with some dog running as a reward) and the Ms. Osaka is... Mizuki.

Kissing Monster appears. Twice. First time Mizuki gets kissed and then finds out about Sano's zero alcohol tolerance (even Ghost boy has gotten kissed). The second kiss between Sano and Nakatsu comes in at the end)

Major change - How Sano got hurt. Mizuki retold her story to Umeda to explain why she was at the school. She was not only mesmerized by Sano's beautiful jump and decided to get him to jump again. Actually, for some reason when Sano was overseas (I believe, considering the thugs were not Japanese) he witnessed Mizuki almost getting kidnapped. He saved her but when jumping over the fence to escape, was caught by the kidnappers and had his ankle cut. So Mizuki was the reason why he couldn't jump. This is not actually a bad addition since it explains the seriousness of the scene when she cut her hair. However, I felt that it could have been performed better since it seemed a bit overdramatic. Not bad overall.

I think that's about it... Oh, there was a funny scene between the doctor and the photographer... Japanese is my third language so I couldn't completely catch it but the photographer is definitely a mixed between the two characters. There was something about "bed." She's not scared of him at all, he's scared of her...
ah you beat me the the review :lol and yours is much better than mine. it helped clear some things up for me that i couldnt understand. thanks :thumleft:
super glad they kept umeda gay. wish he wasnt so serious though. yuujiro and nakatsu were the highlights of this ep in my opinion.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 10th, '07, 13:43

NanaTorigawa wrote:
^Then you might be intrested in whatchign the prince of Tennis live actions... he is the leader of the Tennis team...

Another thing about JE not being in here is because The have alot of another Boybang group called the D-Boys.. which alot of the actors our from....
Yuu is part of the D-Boys and seem to also be good friends with YamaP and Jin
no wonder he looked so family. i saw Tezuka on the poster for the movie and he looked really cool. (off topic: they sell seigaku jackets at the shounen jump store XD)

Akuma.hime

Post by Akuma.hime » Jul 10th, '07, 13:44

Yeah, like everyone else I am SO happy they keep Umeda gay! But again like everyone else he's not as quirky as he could me. Thats what was great about him before. I wonder if he's going to hit on the brother like he did in the manga.... *prays he does*
And Yuujiro is adorable~!

nanikore wrote:
AzuNga wrote:Just watched the episode. Currently in Japan so it's quite easy to get hyped about it when I see those huge posters everywhere.

Spoilers, Major.

So Umeda is still gay, he said the same things "I have no interest in women." Was a bit weird and overdone since when he confronted Mizuki, she fell down and then he was grabbing her HURT ankle and squeezing it. However, the lovely Yuujiro came to the rescue (he's super adorable in this episode)

Sano STILL doesn't know that Mizuki's a girl. But he will in the next episode from I what I saw in the preview. (Mizuki's brother comes! He starred in Sexy Voice and Robo so quite capable of being hilarious. Sano finds out, not by feeling Mizuki up, but by overhearing the conversation between the siblings)

Kissing Monster appears. Twice. First time Mizuki gets kissed and then finds out about Sano's zero alcohol tolerance (even Ghost boy has gotten kissed). The second kiss between Sano and Nakatsu comes in at the end)

Major change - How Sano got hurt. Mizuki retold her story to Umeda to explain why she was at the school. She was not only mesmerized by Sano's beautiful jump and decided to get him to jump again. Actually, for some reason when Sano was overseas (I believe, considering the thugs were not Japanese) he witnessed Mizuki almost getting kidnapped. He saved her but when jumping over the fence to escape, was caught by the kidnappers and had his ankle cut. So Mizuki was the reason why he couldn't jump. This is not actually a bad addition since it explains the seriousness of the scene when she cut her hair. However, I felt that it could have been performed better since it seemed a bit overdramatic. Not bad overall.

I think that's about it... Oh, there was a funny scene between the doctor and the photographer... Japanese is my third language so I couldn't completely catch it but the photographer is definitely a mixed between the two characters. There was something about "bed." She's not scared of him at all, he's scared of her...
ah you beat me the the review :lol and yours is much better than mine. it helped clear some things up for me that i couldnt understand. thanks :thumleft:
super glad they kept umeda gay. wish he wasnt so serious though. yuujiro and nakatsu were the highlights of this ep in my opinion.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 10th, '07, 13:45

wat3rm3lon wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:
Not those particular girls shown in the drama, but they did, infact, have St. Blossoms.

About their parts in the manga:
In opinion, their biggest role was probably during that one ball held between the two schools. Each person had a partner. One from the girl's school and the other from the boy's school. But they're were a couple extra boys who didn't get any partners - Mizuki, Senri, ect. So they had to dress up as girls, thus leading to the famous manga scene when Mizuki and Sano dance together .
^ omg I haven't read till that part yet XD XD omg omg if they ever put that part into drama, I'll love them to death ahhhhhhhhhhh XD
WHAT?! YOU DIDN'T READ IT?!
Lmao.
IT was really cute :D.

So that means you don't know the ending huhh.
Bwhahaha.

:P.

I really do hope they put it in the dramaa. It was one of the big thingss too!
PLEASEEE HANA-KIMI PRODUCERS, IF YOU DO I WILL LOVE YOU.
are you talking about the special ending? because if the producers put THAT in the drama. omg i would really die too XD XD. that was such a perfect ending. :roll

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 10th, '07, 13:49

Yah it is out and i'm tring not to reald spoilers at all...
BTW. i made a chat room about this if anyone is intrested
http://www.chatzy.com/310499882578
Edit: And BTW.... where is the Ikemen Paradise fourm... i cann't ind it int he sea of posts...

sp4078

Re: EPISODE 2

Post by sp4078 » Jul 10th, '07, 14:12

Akuma.hime wrote:Okay,

I just watched episode two and I am so annoyed.....BTW, if you haven't seen this episode than I suggest you skip this post. SPOILERS AHEAD!

Anyway, I love HanaKimi it was probably one of the first manga I bought long before started learning Japanese, so naturally I was uber-excited to see that it was becoming a drama. Especially, after since the manga ended a couple years ago- I thought that it would never be animated, let along turned into a drama.
But the way they changed it kind of annoys the hell out of me. I know that when turning a manga into a drama it naturally isn't going to be the same. But artful adaptations can be made I mean look at Hana Yori Dango. The story changed to fit the drama and it was AMAZING (for the most part anyway)! But for HanaKimi they seemed to changed a lot of the things that made it really fun-- not to mention funny. I am particularly referring some of the American aspects.

Maybe its unfair to say this after only two episodes but, half the fun of was watching Mizuki get by in Japan. Yeah, she's half-Japanese but she's grown up in America so her attitude is more I don't know how to say this but "more in your face" than she appears to be. Maybe that was changed to cater more to the Japanese audience in which cause I understand since ratings are important. But to a certain extent if you strip that way you lose a little bit of Mizuki's personality.

I was also expecting her to have more of a "foreign" appearance-- probably an unreasonable assumption since Japanese speaking actresses and actors are hard to come by. I acknowledge that but I just feel that something is missing.

Oh, and the thing that REALLY pisses me off (by far more than the other things) is the reason WHY Sano stopped jumping. Its so lame!!! The writers decided that its because he got attacked in America, saving Mizuki, that he got injured and stopped jumping. And of course, Mizuki comes to Japan to help he regain his from confidence to begin it again.

Look, I know that America isn't the safest country in the world, but why does every Japanese drama focus on American crime whenever something in the show takes place in America! Its so annoying! Oh, and it PISSES me off that the crimes are ALWAYS perpetrated by black people! Again, I point to Hana Yori Dango 2 when Tsukushi gets mugged and then nearly assaulted by none other than black people. Maybe this doesn't bother anyone else, but I'm black and I currently live in Japan so this kind of crap directly effects my life here. In fact I'm writing my thesis on it!
I totally understand how you feel. Even though i'm not black but hell, i'm really annoyed about Asian's fantasy of U.S. First, U.S is not fulled of blue eyes, blond hair ppl, as both the drama and the manga mention. Actually, it's pretty rare nowaday to see a pure blondie with blue eyes.. Same thing with the language, no matter how they pull the word American out, it's not convincing with bad english. I don't mean anything, but I really don't want to hear Maki speaks English. :glare: Not only this drama, a lot of K-drama and J-drama are like that, it's really lame.

So please, clam down and rewatch the opening of first episode. "Please paddon the foolishness". Just treat it as a cliche of J-drama, and don't feel bad.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 10th, '07, 14:19

that also remind me... i was watching the first ep and i noice the strange statue that Umeda has in his room... it points that he is gay....

Waiting... :goggle:

endoftime

Post by endoftime » Jul 10th, '07, 14:22

Spoilers, Major.

Ah, you beat me to it. That's what I get for watching things back to back. ;-) Wasn't this episode funny? I laughed so much. One of the best scenes was toward the beginning after Sano kisses Mizuki, when everyone starts going, "Yep, he kissed me too..and me, and me, and...." The expressions were just great. "Eh....?"

The thought about Mizuki cutting her hair and stuff b/c Sano couldn't jump anymore due to the fact that she was the reason didn't even occur to me. When I watched that scene, I was just a little pissed that so much got changed, plus, as Akuma.hime stated, the way they did the scene was pretty stereotyped. But now that you've pointed it out, it's so much deeper and maybe it won't be so bad after all.

I'm a little disturbed by all of the changes, but at the same time, if I had to choose b/w this version and the T-Version, I'd choose this version, even though the other runs a bit truer. Plus, what was up with Umeda purposely hurting Mizuki's bad foot? That was so mean. In both the last episode and this one, I just haven't gotten into his character yet, and with that incident...I just don't like him atm. *sticks out tongue* Also, did you notice how after that scene, Mizuki really didn't do a lot of limping around? So much for being hurt...

Also, I'm with you over the whole @_@ Sano STILL doesn't know thing? When I heard him realize she was a girl in the trailer, I pumped my fist in the air. I was happy b/c it's about time! Granted, the way is much different and it makes me wonder if Mizuki will know that he knows a lot sooner in order to get more romance into the drama or something. Then again, romance in a Japanese drama? ^.~

Anyways, despite all the differences, I still can't wait to watch again next week!
A bit off-tangent, but is anyone watching the new Korean drama Coffee Prince? It takes some of the elemental things from Hana Kimi and creates a completely new, original piece. Whee, makes me excited!

aqpiggy

Post by aqpiggy » Jul 10th, '07, 14:23

i want to see the ep so bad :lol
i think its ok that the drama is different from the manga. i mean if its the same then we can just watch the tw version.. different is better lol