[Discussion] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [2007]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jul 13th, '07, 04:47

NanaTorigawa wrote:@surrealistic-destiny I love your Av.. i can't stop watching it...

I'm thinking of seeing that Coffee Prince... i don't watch many korean dramas...thou...

I'm disapointed in that fact the japanese hana-kimi doesn't go with the story but i have to say they didn't completly take out things and changed it... if you watch it you will see that they have non important things the same... like for one.....

The indirect kiss... they could of taken that out and we wouldn't mind but they kept it in...
I watched that Av for like, ten minutes, it's so mesmerizing. But you should watch Coffee prince, its AMAZING. Hot haf naked bodies and everything. It's really funny.

The Hanakimi jdrama made me sad very very honestly, if Horikita Maki and Oguri Shun hadn't been in it, I probably wouldnt have watched it through the first episode. But then I'm one of those people who likes sticking (at leats a little) to the original (which is why the Harry Potter movies often upset me). I mean, if I didn't know the title and paid no attention to the names, I probably would have thought something like "this kind of reminds me of hanakimi..."

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 13th, '07, 04:47

biniBningPunkista wrote:
eringi wrote:Hohoho......
anyone here who is a fan of Yusuke & Junpei?

Someone mentioned a while before about Kayashima's affections to Nakatsu. I'm really a fan of this school of thought. I know many people prefer more Nakatsu and Shun or Nakatsu and Mizuki, but...... Kayashima <333

But as for RL couple, the award TOTALLY goes to Yusuke (Kayashima) and Junpei (Kazuma). Those two went yesterday to go see Oguri Shun's play together. Then they went back to Shun's dressing room and had pizza and "deep conversation." Huhuhu. :idea:

memememe!!!! i totally like toma... junpie is toma right? from HYD? love his eyes, nose and lips. oh well.. his facial feature is really really... ack!!! :crazy: im imagining things now. lolz :w00t:
wish i could really meet him personally. that would rock!!! and his soccer moves are not bad!!!
it is not Junpei in HYD but Mizobata Junpei....he is bestfriend of Yusuke offscreen...
i'm Yusuke and Junpei fan and adore them so much...im so glad they also bonding well with Shun n went to his play...i hope Tomaki also will go to his play together too

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 13th, '07, 04:52

I haven't seen any of coffee prince yet but its on veoh so as soon as I have time Im going to check it out.

Also
If they dont include the scene of Mizuki going into sano's bed I will be so upset!!!!

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jul 13th, '07, 04:56

Yorokobi wrote:I haven't seen any of coffee prince yet but its on veoh so as soon as I have time Im going to check it out.

Also
If they dont include the scene of Mizuki going into sano's bed I will be so upset!!!!
you should, I am in love with coffee prince. The guys are hot, the plot is good, and the girl lead isn't a ditz.
and yes, seriously, they need to put at least ONE of that scene happening...but knowing Jdrama...they probably wont T__T

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 13th, '07, 05:38

KamichamaN wrote:
Yorokobi wrote:I haven't seen any of coffee prince yet but its on veoh so as soon as I have time Im going to check it out.

Also
you should, I am in love with coffee prince. The guys are hot, the plot is good, and the girl lead isn't a ditz.
and yes, seriously, they need to put at least ONE of that scene happening...but knowing Jdrama...they probably wont T__T
You never knoww..
They just had in intense Yaoi episode.
SHUN AND TOMA <333.

I think I'm falling for Toma :lol.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jul 13th, '07, 05:48

eeek, I'm new to this thread, but I don't think I'll be able to catch up with what everyone has been saying. However, the second episode was fantastic!
Opening and Closing with a kiss! Can't get any better than that! Oh, and man kisssssssss! Hot! They really know how to win over the audience ;)
However, I'm not a huge fan of the really silly humour. Lucky they don't put too much in there, so it's easily forgiven. I don't think they need it in there at all though. It'd work more in an anime, I think, than a live action.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 13th, '07, 05:58

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice...
a ball that Yujiro (the dog) was "apparently" chasing at 34:28 (ep2). :roll

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 13th, '07, 06:06

chokubi wrote:Is it just me, or did anyone else notice...
a ball that Yujiro (the dog) was "apparently" chasing at 34:28 (ep2). :roll
yep i saw that...

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jul 13th, '07, 06:53

wat3rm3lon wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:

Also
You never knoww..
They just had in intense Yaoi episode.
SHUN AND TOMA <333.

I think I'm falling for Toma :lol.
hm...good point. ah 2 am
scriptures class in the morning
WHY AM I STILL AWAKE!?
Oh yes...I am a dramafreak AND facebook will eat my soul

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Jul 13th, '07, 07:19

momoji wrote:can't wait for the next episode mainly because...
of the brother.... i have loved him in KCE, Nobuta and Sexy VOice so I'll bet he will be awesome...
[/spoiler]
me too! i'm so excited to see him!
everytime i watch episode 2, i can't help but say UCHI!!! when he appears on sceen, i just love him in KCE, i don't even mind if shizuki doesn't look like a gaijin because of this actor, hehehehe!

Shae0001

Post by Shae0001 » Jul 13th, '07, 07:19

Gosh! You guys are funny! Haha! You talk about the most random things! But I haven't seen episode 2 yet and I am sooo totally jealous!!!! :]

melica37

Post by melica37 » Jul 13th, '07, 07:24

The jdrama Hana Kimi is really sad/bad and I was looking forward to it. It is not just that they have changed the story so much from the manga but hey have changed the story and haven't improved on it all and have only diluted the best/romatic aspects of the original story and...
does Sano's Achilles tendon really need to get sliced by African Americans? Sheesh...
:cry:

I agree with all the talk about the Coffee Prince, I am enjoying that a lot.

Shae0001

Post by Shae0001 » Jul 13th, '07, 07:26

melica37 wrote:The jdrama Hana Kimi is really sad/bad and I was looking forward to it. It is not just that they have changed the story so much from the manga but hey have changed the story and haven't improved on it all and have only diluted the best/romatic aspects of the original story and...
does Sano's Achilles tendon really need to get sliced by African Americans? Sheesh...
:cry:

I agree with all the talk about the Coffee Prince, I am enjoying that a lot.
What???
I don't catch your drift.

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Jul 13th, '07, 07:30

melica37 wrote:
Hahaha yeah I was really wondering about that too..
Wouldn't you think that he would recognize her once she got to Japan as well.. and why was he in a random deserted area for no reason at all to rescue her? They have really deviated from the manga..
I am interested to see where they are going with it though. And why is Sano so mean? :(

chewystuff

Post by chewystuff » Jul 13th, '07, 08:04

hello!
I just got addicted to HanaKimi too! (:
Just wondering, where can i download the subtitled series from?
Which clubbox?

Thank you! =D

forgetting4u

Post by forgetting4u » Jul 13th, '07, 08:10

There seems to be a small pattern of how the US and a particular race is represented.

I'm not going to say I understand the mind of the directors but the same thing was done in HYD2. Makino encountered a group of guys of a particular race while she was in NYC. All the group could do was curse at her and push her down, heaven forbid they should help her.

Small consolation, Hana Kimi mixed up the group of attackers, while HYD2 had all from the same race.

These scenes won't make me stop watching drama, but they do make me shake my head.

shaay

Post by shaay » Jul 13th, '07, 08:24

Personally to me I think it makes sense that he was there to save her. Though since we aren't given much to go by I'm just making my own assumptions here. And given that the writers are trying to pack everything in only 12 (give or take) episodes they would have to gloss over some things and make changes.
My thoughts on the whole saving her out of nowhere thing is that she did say that she went to see him compete, which means they were practically at the same place. She could have just left the stadium or where ever it was he was competing, which would mean he could still be around where she was or was also just leaving the same place too and noticed her.

As for not recognizing her. It was dark, they were in danger, his adrenalin was pumping. I really don't think he had time to get a name and try to see how cute the girl he was saving was. Besides, if Clark Kent can just lose his glasses and become Superman without being recognized even by people who see both him and his alter ego on a daily basis I see no problem with Sano not recognizing her after just one meeting in a dark street somewhere.

Is it realistic? Maybe not. Is it extremely coincidental he was just there? Yes. But I see the same thing over and over again in all kind of shows, dramas and movies. Especially romantic ones. So I guess it doesn't bother me.

Hee, sorry about writing so much. I think I watched it WAY too many times and now because I'm waiting for the next episode I have nothing to do than to think >.<
I do think some parts are silly but I guess the beginning of ep.1 says it all, "Please forgive the foolishness" and hopefully just enjoy ^^

usachuu

Post by usachuu » Jul 13th, '07, 08:38

Egg-chan wrote:
melica37 wrote:
Hahaha yeah I was really wondering about that too..
Wouldn't you think that he would recognize her once she got to Japan as well.. and why was he in a random deserted area for no reason at all to rescue her? They have really deviated from the manga..
I am interested to see where they are going with it though. And why is Sano so mean? :(
if u noticed, sano didn't even look at mizuki since he was busy keeping a look-out for those muggers. not only that, it was dark... and most likely he was walking the same direction as mizuki when he happened to see the little scenario with the muggers, and that's when super-sano struck! lol
ah, and i gotta admit... during the first episode i was a tad, bit disappointed that the drama didn't completely derive, plot-wise, from the manga... but i did promise myself that i would watch it nonetheless with an open mind (i guess that's why they put that warning message at the beginning of the first episode?). so far, after the second episode, i'm actually really loving all the humour~ it's really refreshing~ and as some of you had mentioned already, mizuki's reason for meeting sano in this adaptation truly is admirable on the scriptwriter's behalf. no doubt the manga holds a special place in my heart (i'm such a hard-core hana-kimi fan ><), but with this drama's slight change, it makes mizuki seem more like a real person, who doesn't just admire, but also feels guilt as if she owes a lot to sano for saving her life. and for that, this drama is just what it's suppose to be... a drama XD[/spoiler]

ninjabunny

Post by ninjabunny » Jul 13th, '07, 08:39

Egg-chan wrote:
she was trying to find his dorm when he was representing japan in a tournament in America. Since he's a young athlete, I doubt the tournament was like an olympic calibre event. It was probably a minor event in some big city. Perhaps Mizuki traveled from where she lived to a new city without first finding out where the bad neighborhoods are. Anyways, it still doesn't make sense why players dorm would be near a railroad track. Railroads are on the outskirt of a city. But then again, stadiums could be located near the railroads.

what I truly don't understand is why did Sano speak japanese to her? did he know she was japanese?

although this addition could have been executed better, I still like this "explanation" to why she would go to a boy's school. It is much better than simply admiring someone for their physical forms.

shaay

Post by shaay » Jul 13th, '07, 08:53

ninjabunny wrote:
she was trying to find his dorm when he was representing japan in a tournament in America. Since he's a young athlete, I doubt the tournament was like an olympic calibre event. It was probably a minor event in some big city. Perhaps Mizuki traveled from where she lived to a new city without first finding out where the bad neighborhoods are. Anyways, it still doesn't make sense why players dorm would be near a railroad track. Railroads are on the outskirt of a city. But then again, stadiums could be located near the railroads.

what I truly don't understand is why did Sano speak japanese to her? did he know she was japanese?

although this addition could have been executed better, I still like this "explanation" to why she would go to a boy's school. It is much better than simply admiring someone for their physical forms.
I was thinking the exact same thing about him speaking Japanese to her. But then I thought about when I went on a holiday in Thai and spoke English to everybody around me since I didn't know a word of Thai. I don't think he knew she was Japanese but I think by saying something, even if he wasn't sure she would understand or not, was better than not saying anything at all. At least if she couldn't understand she could still hear the urgency in his voice.

Also, the players' dorm being near there really explains a lot. Thanks for that. Especially since he knew where the police station was. It means that he was quite familiar with the area.

AshanishiLynn

Post by AshanishiLynn » Jul 13th, '07, 09:06

forgetting4u wrote:There seems to be a small pattern of how the US and a particular race is represented.

I'm not going to say I understand the mind of the directors but the same thing was done in HYD2. Makino encountered a group of guys of a particular race while she was in NYC. All the group could do was curse at her and push her down, heaven forbid they should help her.

Small consolation, Hana Kimi mixed up the group of attackers, while HYD2 had all from the same race.

These scenes won't make me stop watching drama, but they do make me shake my head.
Aint that the truth
thas why I have not watched HYD

Geez I havent seen ep2 yet

I wanna see aready

Kai200X

Post by Kai200X » Jul 13th, '07, 09:15

I really hope some of you will watch ep2 again with my sub, because I can honestly tell you the sub you got from the other guy got many things wrong, including why Sano was in America. He's there for the training camp, NOT because he was representing Japan to compete or whatever.

jojochan

Post by jojochan » Jul 13th, '07, 09:17

a little bit off topic but I've also noticed the prejudices..and when the black men aren't criminals then they are really fast runners (densha otoko DX, proposal daisakusen)

more to the point, would it been so bad if she just went to Japan out of fangirl-urges? I actually think the guilt-thing makes it a bit too sappy...I've seen enough of those 'explanations' -_- ugh
ah well I'm still enjoying it a LOT ^_^ havent read the manga btw, so that makes it a bit easier to not judge the plot ;)

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Jul 13th, '07, 09:21

Kai200X wrote:I really hope some of you will watch ep2 again with my sub, because I can honestly tell you the sub you got from the other guy got many things wrong, including why Sano was in America. He's there for the training camp, NOT because he was representing Japan to compete or whatever.
i did download your softsubs...actually i download all the softsubs available for hanakimi and watch it again and again to see which sub is the best, hehhehe! :D

i was actually confused when i watched ep2 with the first sub that was released but when i watched ep2 with your subs i thought yours was better, so thank you! :D

jojochan

Post by jojochan » Jul 13th, '07, 09:22

Kai200X wrote:I really hope some of you will watch ep2 again with my sub, because I can honestly tell you the sub you got from the other guy got many things wrong, including why Sano was in America. He's there for the training camp, NOT because he was representing Japan to compete or whatever.
w000t I hadn't even noticed your sub was ready yet :D arigatouuu!!!
I will definitely watch it again tomorrow ^_^ always interesting to try different subs :)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 13th, '07, 09:24

more to the point, would it been so bad if she just went to Japan out of fangirl-urges? I actually think the guilt-thing makes it a bit too sappy...I've seen enough of those 'explanations' -_- ugh
ah well I'm still enjoying it a LOT ^_^ havent read the manga btw, so that makes it a bit easier to not judge the plot ;)
^ I dunno who, but me personally I dun't believe in such story, have to be crazy enough to cut its hair & fly away to a country just to be with its idol.. again how can u can be sure that u'll be in the same class, same dorm, same room with ur idol ? here's it's a manga so it's so; if they dun't change it a bit in the drama, honestly, I think many people will think of this drama really cheap, u get what I mean ?

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jul 13th, '07, 09:25

don't worry, i think most of us will. i know i did. i dont know about the entire episode's translations, but since the first line was WAY OFF TIMING, i stopped watching entirely then anr there with those subs (i have pretty high standards with editing of subs ehehe) and reverted to yours. (hehe but i haven't finished yet, cause what i have is the one with the ugly codec, so it skipped like crazy for me and distracted my enjoyment eheheh)

-edit-

and i agree with nomanymore with the changes being necessary. it adds a bit more of a realism to it. cause in the manga, the sole reason why mizuki went to japan was because she wanted to be friends with sano, whom she admired very much due to his perseverance in high jump, and for that reason alone, umeda let her off cause she stood her ground. i mean, really now, i dont think ANY school authority will be moved with just that ne~ so i think it was necessary to add the "injury being mizuki's fault" thing, at least umeda will understand that maybe she'd really want to know more about sano and repay him somehow ne~~
Last edited by lunargen on Jul 13th, '07, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.

babypudding

Post by babypudding » Jul 13th, '07, 09:27

I really like the songs in the hana kimi jap version. Anyone know where I could download them?

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 13th, '07, 09:29

shaay wrote:Personally to me I think it makes sense that he was there to save her. Though since we aren't given much to go by I'm just making my own assumptions here. And given that the writers are trying to pack everything in only 12 (give or take) episodes they would have to gloss over some things and make changes.
My thoughts on the whole saving her out of nowhere thing is that she did say that she went to see him compete, which means they were practically at the same place. She could have just left the stadium or where ever it was he was competing, which would mean he could still be around where she was or was also just leaving the same place too and noticed her.

As for not recognizing her. It was dark, they were in danger, his adrenalin was pumping. I really don't think he had time to get a name and try to see how cute the girl he was saving was. Besides, if Clark Kent can just lose his glasses and become Superman without being recognized even by people who see both him and his alter ego on a daily basis I see no problem with Sano not recognizing her after just one meeting in a dark street somewhere.

Is it realistic? Maybe not. Is it extremely coincidental he was just there? Yes. But I see the same thing over and over again in all kind of shows, dramas and movies. Especially romantic ones. So I guess it doesn't bother me.

Hee, sorry about writing so much. I think I watched it WAY too many times and now because I'm waiting for the next episode I have nothing to do than to think >.<
I do think some parts are silly but I guess the beginning of ep.1 says it all, "Please forgive the foolishness" and hopefully just enjoy ^^
I agree with you :) as alwayz akakaka :thumright:

jojochan

Post by jojochan » Jul 13th, '07, 09:30

hmz I do understand you. and it is indeed less credible that way, but it would suit the show since everything in there is really unbelievable... I mean how is it believable to have a guy how gets drunk of pickled vegetables and starts kissing everybody within reach? XD
I do understand why they made up the rescue-story, but I just think they're a bit conflicted by having a silly story but trying to make it serious at the same time ^^*

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 13th, '07, 09:37

momoji wrote:can't wait for the next episode mainly because...
of the brother.... i have loved him in KCE, Nobuta and Sexy VOice so I'll bet he will be awesome...
Ahh how glad I am to hear that, it makes me sick all day when I see so many people bash him, and me I like him so much lol one of my fav comedy actors lol can't wait to see him as Mizuki's brother :w00t:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 13th, '07, 09:39

lunargen wrote:
and i agree with nomanymore with the changes being necessary. it adds a bit more of a realism to it. cause in the manga, the sole reason why mizuki went to japan was because she wanted to be friends with sano, whom she admired very much due to his perseverance in high jump, and for that reason alone, umeda let her off cause she stood her ground. i mean, really now, i dont think ANY school authority will be moved with just that ne~ so i think it was necessary to add the "injury being mizuki's fault" thing, at least umeda will understand that maybe she'd really want to know more about sano and repay him somehow ne~~
*nod nod* can't agree more.... I feel strangely happy that many people think as me lol

oxaloacetate

Post by oxaloacetate » Jul 13th, '07, 10:07

Not sure if anybody pasted the link yet but i found someone who've uploaded hana kimi epi2 with eng subs! You can download the series through veoh too. :P
http://www.veoh.com/users/RP0412 :thumright:

unknowndevices

Post by unknowndevices » Jul 13th, '07, 10:13

Kai200X wrote:really hope some of you will watch ep2 again with my sub, because I can honestly tell you the sub you got from the other guy got many things wrong, including why Sano was in America. He's there for the training camp, NOT because he was representing Japan to compete or whatever.
so...that mean the first subs made by you is better is it?... :unsure:
Nomanymore wrote:^ I dunno who, but me personally I dun't believe in such story, have to be crazy enough to cut its hair & fly away to a country just to be with its idol.. again how can u can be sure that u'll be in the same class, same dorm, same room with ur idol ? here's it's a manga so it's so; if they dun't change it a bit in the drama, honestly, I think many people will think of this drama really cheap, u get what I mean ?
if this kind of thing really happened...sure got crazy-fans that would go fly to Japan and meet the idols...right?...right?... :lol

and who would that be... :roll
oxaloacetate wrote:Not sure if anybody pasted the link yet but i found someone who've uploaded hana kimi epi2 with eng subs! You can download the series through veoh too. :P
http://www.veoh.com/users/RP0412 :thumright:
how's the subs?...video quality ok?... :scratch:
anyway...thanks for the link... :thumright:
Last edited by unknowndevices on Jul 13th, '07, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.

Neeko

Post by Neeko » Jul 13th, '07, 10:23

I spent the past few minutes reading through the recent posts to see if anyone already mentioned what I wanted to say, but it's 2:33AM, so forgive me if I've repeated anything. Let's start off with the bad, shall we? (Here we go.)
I think someone best explained how I felt about the "liberties" the writers are taking with this story:
KamichamaN wrote:\The Hanakimi jdrama made me sad very very honestly, if Horikita Maki and Oguri Shun hadn't been in it, I probably wouldnt have watched it through the first episode. But then I'm one of those people who likes sticking (at leats a little) to the original (which is why the Harry Potter movies often upset me). I mean, if I didn't know the title and paid no attention to the names, I probably would have thought something like "this kind of reminds me of hanakimi..."
Exactly. When the name "Hanazakari no Kimitachi e" is used for a drama, I think it's safe to assume that what I'm going to see is a DRAMATIZED version of the said story. If I wanted to see a random drama about some prissy and snot nosed perverted drunk brooding for the entire episode, then I would have watched another drama. I wanted to see Hana Kimi in all it's glory, live action and done right. I'm not saying it should be word-for-word with no changes whatsoever, but I was expecting a Hanakimi story. A lot of the story they're making up feels like a horrible AU fanfiction gone wrong. Ah yes, I realize it is necessary to keep an open mind. Trust me, my mind is as open as a window. I was fine with the Mr. Osaka contest, I was OKAY with Sano not finding out Ashiya was a girl (just yet), and I was fine with some more "liberties" that the directors have decided to take. But there's only so much you can revise to a story without completely changing it.

The path they've taken Ashiya was disappointing. Ashiya was simply a girl who admired her idol and wanted to meet him and see him jump. She was down to Earth and just a simple girl. Now they've turned her into a bloody Mother Teresa. She wanted to go all the way across the ocean to help her idol "get back his wings" because of a cold, dark night gone wrong? Cheesy. The original plot was simple and as realistic as one could get in the world of Hanakimi. What was the reasoning to make her a bloody Saint all of a sudden? Why can't she just be a simple girl who wanted to see her idol? They just had to throw all that "Oh, we met before but you don't remember" crap and make Sano fallen from grace in a pathetic attempt to fix up the mistake they did of turning him into a complete jerk. Why bother adding all these elements into an already simple story? They've added way too much drama where it's not needed. Hanakimi isn't 100% realistic: It's just credible. The drama has taken away the credible and replaced it with cheesy.

I don't like Sano at all, which is disappointing because his character is likable. Unlike the usual cold male roles that these shoujo manga's are required to have, Sano was the most tolerable. It didn't take too long for Ashiya to warm his somewhat cold heart, and he wasn't NEARLY as annoyingly broody and pessimistic as a lot of shoujo manga male leads. He was lovable. Shun!Sano is just incredibly unlikable. He's like the Squall of Hanakimi, except no where near as tolerable and good looking. It's really unnecessary to continue to make him such a jerk. We've already seen Hanazawa Rui, but at least he had nice hair. If they're trying to cram as much as possible in 11 episodes, why in the WORLD are they dragging out Sano's brooding? It's like they decided to take the most annoying thing possible and hold it out for as long as they can. It just made the whole "kissing monster" scene so incredibly perverted and creepy instead of funny and amusing as it was originally. It's so thoroughly disappointing and saddening to be so annoyed by what was originally one of my favourite male characters EVER in the shoujo manga "world".

Oh yes, and great decision to make Akira a female. That was really, really well done. The writers and directors surely know what they're doing to have taken one of the most interesting relationships in the manga because they have all the other interesting "additions" to fall back on. BRAVO.

Those were the main things that have and continue to still bother me. However, despite the things listed above, this episode was 10000000X better than the first and a huge improvement. I DID enjoy watching it aside from those mentioned earlier. It had something the first episode lacked in, and that is: genuine humour. Hanakimi is a SHOUJO manga: Romance, cute boys, cross-dressing, and most of all, HUMOUR. There were a few giggles and snickers in the first episode, but this time around I was genuinely laughing because the trigger was all the classic Hanakimi scenes that they added in but managed to make 10X more funny. The Oscar Himejima scenes: Brilliant! Priceless! Magnifique! The "Ore mo" scene, and that final kiss between the two guys... hilarious! This is the kind of "straying away" from the manga that I enjoy, which is creatively IMPROVING the character and not changing them completely horribly butchering who they are. I think I love Oscar in this adaptation more than the manga. The classic Kayashima scenes and the "failure" was a great addition too.

And Nakatsu, Nakatsu... I totally retract my statement when I said he wasn't good looking before. THIS is the Nakatsu I was waiting for. The "I'm having strange feelings towards this guy! But I love girls! But he's so cute!" Nakatsu, and not the "I'm a jerk and creepy pervert" Nakatsu that they introduced to us in the previous episode. Albeit, this is not 100% the lovable Nakatsu that we've all grown to love in the manga. There's still the creepy factor every now and then, but he's a lot more likable and cute now that he's not such a jerk. Although he's not as lively and energetic as the original, he's slowly getting there. I loved the scene where he touched Ashiya's shoulder and bounced right off her, and the nosebleed. Priceless. At least someone's been doing their homework.

I loved the "classic" scenes they kept in, like the indirect kiss, and as hard as it might be to believe, I enjoyed the Mr. Osaka contest, I thought that was rather nice to introduce now. Hanakimi is slowly but surely improving, and hopefully in the next few episodes it'll continue to get better. I no longer have the high hopes that I have for this drama, but at least it will be somewhat entertaining to watch.

Oh, and one last thing: SHIROTA YUU. My breath stopped for that minute he was on. Enough said. <3 We need more Shirotan. <3

ferine

Post by ferine » Jul 13th, '07, 10:25

Hmm I dunno, do you recognize a stranger you met 1 year ago?[/quote]

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Jul 13th, '07, 10:46

I think she said that she went to Sano's camp to meet him and it was late and very dark.. and when they were running we all noticed that he didn't look at her face.
I think that is why he didn't recognize her after 1 year.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 13th, '07, 10:48

ep 2 was really good..toma was sooo kawaiiiiii XD and I like the actor who's playing the brother role :mrgreen: can't wait to watch the next ep~

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 13th, '07, 11:04

ferine wrote:
Hmm I dunno, do you recognize a stranger you met 1 year ago?
plus, she cut her hair :whistling:

but I'm not sure if later on how he'd react when he knows the truth... I mean she was the reason he stops high jumping & now she's become the reason he restarted it ... It sounds like he may hate & love her at the same time.... omg, sounds so like kdrama now LoL

shaay

Post by shaay » Jul 13th, '07, 11:05

Love Angel wrote:ep 2 was really good..toma was sooo kawaiiiiii XD and I like the actor who's playing the brother role :mrgreen: can't wait to watch the next ep~
I'm so on board with all the Toma love. He's so cute in this ep. Love him :wub:

ferine

Post by ferine » Jul 13th, '07, 11:13

Neeko wrote:I spent the past few minutes reading through the recent posts to see if anyone already mentioned what I wanted to say, but it's 2:33AM, so forgive me if I've repeated anything. Let's start off with the bad, shall we? (Here we go.)
I think someone best explained how I felt about the "liberties" the writers are taking with this story:
KamichamaN wrote:\The Hanakimi jdrama made me sad very very honestly, if Horikita Maki and Oguri Shun hadn't been in it, I probably wouldnt have watched it through the first episode. But then I'm one of those people who likes sticking (at leats a little) to the original (which is why the Harry Potter movies often upset me). I mean, if I didn't know the title and paid no attention to the names, I probably would have thought something like "this kind of reminds me of hanakimi..."
Exactly. When the name "Hanazakari no Kimitachi e" is used for a drama, I think it's safe to assume that what I'm going to see is a DRAMATIZED version of the said story. If I wanted to see a random drama about some prissy and snot nosed perverted drunk brooding for the entire episode, then I would have watched another drama. I wanted to see Hana Kimi in all it's glory, live action and done right. I'm not saying it should be word-for-word with no changes whatsoever, but I was expecting a Hanakimi story. A lot of the story they're making up feels like a horrible AU fanfiction gone wrong. Ah yes, I realize it is necessary to keep an open mind. Trust me, my mind is as open as a window. I was fine with the Mr. Osaka contest, I was OKAY with Sano not finding out Ashiya was a girl (just yet), and I was fine with some more "liberties" that the directors have decided to take. But there's only so much you can revise to a story without completely changing it.

The path they've taken Ashiya was disappointing. Ashiya was simply a girl who admired her idol and wanted to meet him and see him jump. She was down to Earth and just a simple girl. Now they've turned her into a bloody Mother Teresa. She wanted to go all the way across the ocean to help her idol "get back his wings" because of a cold, dark night gone wrong? Cheesy. The original plot was simple and as realistic as one could get in the world of Hanakimi. What was the reasoning to make her a bloody Saint all of a sudden? Why can't she just be a simple girl who wanted to see her idol? They just had to throw all that "Oh, we met before but you don't remember" crap and make Sano fallen from grace in a pathetic attempt to fix up the mistake they did of turning him into a complete jerk. Why bother adding all these elements into an already simple story? They've added way too much drama where it's not needed. Hanakimi isn't 100% realistic: It's just credible. The drama has taken away the credible and replaced it with cheesy.

I don't like Sano at all, which is disappointing because his character is likable. Unlike the usual cold male roles that these shoujo manga's are required to have, Sano was the most tolerable. It didn't take too long for Ashiya to warm his somewhat cold heart, and he wasn't NEARLY as annoyingly broody and pessimistic as a lot of shoujo manga male leads. He was lovable. Shun!Sano is just incredibly unlikable. He's like the Squall of Hanakimi, except no where near as tolerable and good looking. It's really unnecessary to continue to make him such a jerk. We've already seen Hanazawa Rui, but at least he had nice hair. If they're trying to cram as much as possible in 11 episodes, why in the WORLD are they dragging out Sano's brooding? It's like they decided to take the most annoying thing possible and hold it out for as long as they can. It just made the whole "kissing monster" scene so incredibly perverted and creepy instead of funny and amusing as it was originally. It's so thoroughly disappointing and saddening to be so annoyed by what was originally one of my favourite male characters EVER in the shoujo manga "world".

Oh yes, and great decision to make Akira a female. That was really, really well done. The writers and directors surely know what they're doing to have taken one of the most interesting relationships in the manga because they have all the other interesting "additions" to fall back on. BRAVO.

Those were the main things that have and continue to still bother me. However, despite the things listed above, this episode was 10000000X better than the first and a huge improvement. I DID enjoy watching it aside from those mentioned earlier. It had something the first episode lacked in, and that is: genuine humour. Hanakimi is a SHOUJO manga: Romance, cute boys, cross-dressing, and most of all, HUMOUR. There were a few giggles and snickers in the first episode, but this time around I was genuinely laughing because the trigger was all the classic Hanakimi scenes that they added in but managed to make 10X more funny. The Oscar Himejima scenes: Brilliant! Priceless! Magnifique! The "Ore mo" scene, and that final kiss between the two guys... hilarious! This is the kind of "straying away" from the manga that I enjoy, which is creatively IMPROVING the character and not changing them completely horribly butchering who they are. I think I love Oscar in this adaptation more than the manga. The classic Kayashima scenes and the "failure" was a great addition too.

And Nakatsu, Nakatsu... I totally retract my statement when I said he wasn't good looking before. THIS is the Nakatsu I was waiting for. The "I'm having strange feelings towards this guy! But I love girls! But he's so cute!" Nakatsu, and not the "I'm a jerk and creepy pervert" Nakatsu that they introduced to us in the previous episode. Albeit, this is not 100% the lovable Nakatsu that we've all grown to love in the manga. There's still the creepy factor every now and then, but he's a lot more likable and cute now that he's not such a jerk. Although he's not as lively and energetic as the original, he's slowly getting there. I loved the scene where he touched Ashiya's shoulder and bounced right off her, and the nosebleed. Priceless. At least someone's been doing their homework.

I loved the "classic" scenes they kept in, like the indirect kiss, and as hard as it might be to believe, I enjoyed the Mr. Osaka contest, I thought that was rather nice to introduce now. Hanakimi is slowly but surely improving, and hopefully in the next few episodes it'll continue to get better. I no longer have the high hopes that I have for this drama, but at least it will be somewhat entertaining to watch.

Oh, and one last thing: SHIROTA YUU. My breath stopped for that minute he was on. Enough said. <3 We need more Shirotan. <3
You're right to think that it's a dramatized version of the original story and I'm glad that you've kept your mind as open as a window. But to say they've completely changed the story is going a little off track too,don't you think. Firstly, if we had to cover the entire Hana Kimi in one sentence or so, it would be a girl who's a fan of a guy goes overseas to look for him in a boys' school and then the drama unveils. Then may I ask which part of the story have they not fulfilled? Maybe you're saying they changed the story because Mizuki is not only a fangirl but a life-saving Mother Teresa. But she did look for Sano in the first place because she idolized him right? Going overseas to look for your idol is fine, but going as far as going to a boys' school? That's rather abnormal I would say. I mean I would fly to Japan (as long as it's within my means) to attend a NEWS concert or some other activities. Some might even hire a car to tail their idols. But seriously, join JE just to be with them? haha let's not even think of the consequence that follows if Mr Johnny finds out you're a girl, because you're so gonna get bankrupt from getting sued. We don't even know what Mr Johnny has up his sleeves. That old man hasn't even let Toma debut. So how am I suppose to guarantee I'm next to my idols. ok I'm going off-track... point is, Mizuki's no life-saving Mother Teresa, she just felt like she's responsible for helping Sano get back the most precious thing that he lost.

Secondly, it's not just a cold, dark night gone wrong. It's a cold, dark night ending with a person being robbed of his dreams. He was the future star in the athletic arena. Everyone had high hopes on him, he had high hopes on himself. Then in one night, he lost all of that. He had a direction, a goal to follow before and now he's lost himself. He just lost the one thing that he held dear, and now he's completely clueless about what lies ahead. It's like at a point in time, you have to choose what you are going to do for the rest of your life. You found it, and embraced it. Then the next day, you're told "Hey, you can't take this path anymore." then you have to go through the whole process of finding the next other thing you want most. In Sano's case, he's going through this process. Only in his case, he might never have thought that he needed an alternative so it makes it even more painful for him.

Thirdly, you have said it yourself that it's a cold, dark night. The lights were dim, the situation was chaotic, he didn't even have time to put together a proper english sentence for Mizuki. He's not a Casanova, he's so not going to take her hands up kiss it, take a long look at her face and give a megawatt smile saying "We're going to meet again." Not to say coming to an all boys school to look for him. The last time he met her, she was a girl. And 1 year later you think he would actually think that that particular someone has miraculously gone for sex change? There are so many reasons for him NOT to recognize her.

Lastly, Shun Sano's a really brooding character. Like you, I don't really remember this part of him. But be patient. At least he's showing signs that he's warming up to her. In the first episode, he told her not to butt in his affairs but he butted in hers :) Gosh, that scene of him confronting those guys in the washroom was ACE. Cool Sano. Then he spoke to her by the field of his own fears. Don't you see he's opening up to her? And he withdrew his form to quit the high-jump activities because of her. (I would trust Umeda on this since his instincts really surprise me). Everything will fall nicely into place and you'll get the Sano you want probably after he finds out she's a girl.

Enjoy the drama, don't find too much faults. Just have fun. :)

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 13th, '07, 11:52

Wow people have taken to writing quite long posts huh?
Well here goes my turn
I understand where you are coming from interm of differing rom the manga but I too wouldnt go as far as to say they are changing the story completely. As said the very basicness of the storyline is the same and that is whats most important.
As for that dark cold night that went wrong I dont like it all that much either. I can understand why they wanted to give Miyuki more reason to travel to Japan but it toally makes Sano's reason for stopping high jump stupid. Sure he got injured but its something you recover from and jump again. Its not like his whole future was taken away from him, he can jump again. It just seems a little silly to me.
Dont get me started on them making Akira a woman (of all the silly things!!!)
I dont mind Shuns character at all, I possible even like that hes a little broodier than the manga I think in the manga he warmed up to Mizuki a little fast for my liking.
As much as I loved Shuns getting drunk I wonder why the used pickeled vegetables instead of actual alcohol which to me would make more sense. Any ideas anyone?
Damn wanted to write more but gotta go watch Jotei.

shaay

Post by shaay » Jul 13th, '07, 12:03

Maybe they didn't want to portray any underage drinking. Yeah, I have no idea too. Doesn't hurt taking a guess though.

As for Sano...
It's been a while since I read the manga but I always thought that Sano only used the accident as an excuse to stop high jumping. But the reason he really quit was because he couldn't handle the pressure that came with being the star high jumper and the expectations that came with it. Again, it's been a while. So yeah, that's what I thought. I dunno. Please don't crucify me if I'm wrong >.<
Last edited by shaay on Jul 13th, '07, 12:10, edited 2 times in total.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 13th, '07, 12:05

What a nice speech ferine !!!!! *clap clap*

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 13th, '07, 12:06

Yorokobi wrote:Wow people have taken to writing quite long posts huh?
Well here goes my turn
I understand where you are coming from interm of differing rom the manga but I too wouldnt go as far as to say they are changing the story completely. As said the very basicness of the storyline is the same and that is whats most important.
As for that dark cold night that went wrong I dont like it all that much either. I can understand why they wanted to give Miyuki more reason to travel to Japan but it toally makes Sano's reason for stopping high jump stupid. Sure he got injured but its something you recover from and jump again. Its not like his whole future was taken away from him, he can jump again. It just seems a little silly to me.
I dont mind Shuns character at all, I possible even like that hes a little broodier than the manga I think in the manga he warmed up to Mizuki a little fast for my liking.
As much as I loved Shuns getting drunk I wonder why the used pickeled vegetables instead of actual alcohol which to me would make more sense. Any ideas anyone?
I think alcohol is prohibited in highschool, no ? :goggle: or is it different in Japan ???

CcROAWR

Post by CcROAWR » Jul 13th, '07, 12:12

I'm going a bit off topic here with the 'discussion of Episode 2' but do you think they'll complete the whole manga story line within this drama?
Seeing as only two episodes have aired and already Mizuki's brother has arrived.
And I'm falling in love with Sekigahara-kun *Sekime* :wub: He's so cute

ferine

Post by ferine » Jul 13th, '07, 12:15

Yorokobi wrote:Wow people have taken to writing quite long posts huh?
Well here goes my turn
As I said,Sano was a rising star in the athletic arena. I think his problem is that he fears he can't do as well as he did before. If Sano ever makes a comeback I think everyone will place alot of pressure on him, if he doesn't do as well as he did before that incident it'll be both disappointing for both him and his fans. And even thought they say he's completely recovered, who knows if there are any side-effects. And Makoto also said that his muscles already look lax. We all know how long periods away from sports can reduce one's performance in sports. And as for the pickled vegetables is that I can only guess they don't want people thinking that people in high school do drinking and stuff. It's illegal if I'm not wrong. And it's possible to have drunk reactions to pickled vegetable if he has allergies towards them.

unknowndevices

Post by unknowndevices » Jul 13th, '07, 12:16

Nomanymore wrote:plus, she cut her hair :whistling:

but I'm not sure if later on how he'd react when he knows the truth... I mean she was the reason he stops high jumping & now she's become the reason he restarted it ... It sounds like he may hate & love her at the same time.... omg, sounds so like kdrama now LoL

erksss...really?...Maki the reason he stopped from High Jump?...have to watch episode two then... :pale:
Nomanymore wrote:I think alcohol is prohibited in highschool, no ? :goggle: or is it different in Japan ???
or they're giving a special privilege to the so-called-famous-athlete... :P

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jul 13th, '07, 12:24

kurodreams wrote:i was just wondering >.<
you no the thing that ashiya uses to cover her breasts up to make it look like she doesnt have any, what are those things called xD ive seen them in alot of manga and other dramas. but in coffee prince eun chan uses uhm a wrapping thingy xD. srry just very curious.
Isn't it some kind of corset?
That reminds me,
when she took off her cloths to change for the competition, she shouldn't have been naked because she should have still had that on

shaay

Post by shaay » Jul 13th, '07, 12:44

auroragb wrote:Isn't it some kind of corset?
That reminds me,
when she took off her cloths to change for the competition, she shouldn't have been naked because she should have still had that on
I didn't notice it before but now that you mention it she still should have had it on. That is, unless, she forgot that day :blink

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 13th, '07, 13:23

unknowndevices wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:I think alcohol is prohibited in highschool, no ? :goggle: or is it different in Japan ???
I think that's why they changed it into pickled vegetables..

Dor0070

Post by Dor0070 » Jul 13th, '07, 13:56

Nomanymore wrote:
unknowndevices wrote:
I think the pickeld vegetables has a bit of alcohol in it but only a little bit, thats whyy they even explained that even a smalled amoun of alchol will get sano drunk =O

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 13th, '07, 14:05

yeah at least it's food not alcohol akaka

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jul 13th, '07, 14:08

Dor0070 wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:
unknowndevices wrote: or they're giving a special privilege to the so-called-famous-athlete... :P
I think the pickeld vegetables has a bit of alcohol in it but only a little bit, thats whyy they even explained that even a smalled amoun of alchol will get sano drunk =O
Yeah, they were drinking beer in the manga. I suspect most kids drink a bit when they leave home. But the PC police had to change that to pickled veggies because it would be a "bad example"

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 13th, '07, 14:15

yup, they're supposed to be 16-17 right ? is it considered "under-aged" in Japan ? I think yes lol

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 13th, '07, 14:43

ferine wrote:
Neeko wrote:I spent the past few minutes reading through the recent posts to see if anyone already mentioned what I wanted to say, but it's 2:33AM, so forgive me if I've repeated anything. Let's start off with the bad, shall we? (Here we go.)

You're right to think that it's a dramatized version of the original story and I'm glad that you've kept your mind as open as a window. But to say they've completely changed the story is going a little off track too,don't you think. Firstly, if we had to cover the entire Hana Kimi in one sentence or so, it would be a girl who's a fan of a guy goes overseas to look for him in a boys' school and then the drama unveils. Then may I ask which part of the story have they not fulfilled? Maybe you're saying they changed the story because Mizuki is not only a fangirl but a life-saving Mother Teresa. But she did look for Sano in the first place because she idolized him right? Going overseas to look for your idol is fine, but going as far as going to a boys' school? That's rather abnormal I would say. I mean I would fly to Japan (as long as it's within my means) to attend a NEWS concert or some other activities. Some might even hire a car to tail their idols. But seriously, join JE just to be with them? haha let's not even think of the consequence that follows if Mr Johnny finds out you're a girl, because you're so gonna get bankrupt from getting sued. We don't even know what Mr Johnny has up his sleeves. That old man hasn't even let Toma debut. So how am I suppose to guarantee I'm next to my idols. ok I'm going off-track... point is, Mizuki's no life-saving Mother Teresa, she just felt like she's responsible for helping Sano get back the most precious thing that he lost.

Secondly, it's not just a cold, dark night gone wrong. It's a cold, dark night ending with a person being robbed of his dreams. He was the future star in the athletic arena. Everyone had high hopes on him, he had high hopes on himself. Then in one night, he lost all of that. He had a direction, a goal to follow before and now he's lost himself. He just lost the one thing that he held dear, and now he's completely clueless about what lies ahead. It's like at a point in time, you have to choose what you are going to do for the rest of your life. You found it, and embraced it. Then the next day, you're told "Hey, you can't take this path anymore." then you have to go through the whole process of finding the next other thing you want most. In Sano's case, he's going through this process. Only in his case, he might never have thought that he needed an alternative so it makes it even more painful for him.

Thirdly, you have said it yourself that it's a cold, dark night. The lights were dim, the situation was chaotic, he didn't even have time to put together a proper english sentence for Mizuki. He's not a Casanova, he's so not going to take her hands up kiss it, take a long look at her face and give a megawatt smile saying "We're going to meet again." Not to say coming to an all boys school to look for him. The last time he met her, she was a girl. And 1 year later you think he would actually think that that particular someone has miraculously gone for sex change? There are so many reasons for him NOT to recognize her.

Lastly, Shun Sano's a really brooding character. Like you, I don't really remember this part of him. But be patient. At least he's showing signs that he's warming up to her. In the first episode, he told her not to butt in his affairs but he butted in hers :) Gosh, that scene of him confronting those guys in the washroom was ACE. Cool Sano. Then he spoke to her by the field of his own fears. Don't you see he's opening up to her? And he withdrew his form to quit the high-jump activities because of her. (I would trust Umeda on this since his instincts really surprise me). Everything will fall nicely into place and you'll get the Sano you want probably after he finds out she's a girl.

Enjoy the drama, don't find too much faults. Just have fun. :)
Bravo ferine...i really like what u have wrote n u really give some justice to this drama n Shun bcoz i kinda pissed off with what Neeko said but i cant really wrote back something as nice as u

shaay

Post by shaay » Jul 13th, '07, 15:23

Wow <b>ferine</b>, I just went back to read everything you wrote. As a fan of the manga I feel the same way you do but haven't been able to articulate it as well as you have, especially about Shun's Sano. I'm sure we will be shown a softer side of him soon and in fact I do think that this has already appeared in the instances that you have pointed out.

I remember reading a while back in this thread (maybe only a few pages) that someone thought Maki lacks facial expressions and was disappointing as Mizuki. Personally I really like her in the role and in fact I enjoy her more subtle way of acting. Not only in this role but in others as well. She doesn't need to pull a thousand faces in order to get a point across or over exaggerate every second word just to portray a certain emotion. You can look sad or surprise without having to scrunch up your whole face or completely bug out your eyes in supposed shock. Her expressions are sometimes subtle but they are there. And she has not only made me laugh but has made me come to truly care about her character, which is the mark of any great actress.

Just needed to add my two cents to that since I really do think Maki is doing a good job in this drama.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 13th, '07, 15:57

^ I agree with you, the purpose of the whole thing here is to see how the characters change due to the presence of Mizuki, including Nakatsu & the others but eps Sano. In the 1st episodes, he appears as a cold, arrogant, lonely person & really mean; but we stilll feel that he's not a bad person, refers to when Mizuki overslept, he woke her up & after he said that he left 1st but in the end he still waits for her....
In eps 2 when he & Mizuki play with Yujiro, we can see another face of him, he's lonely, yet he still cares about people & things around him. The fact that all the dorm looks for him for shampoo show that he's not really lonely after all, just that he doesn't like big gather.
No matter Mizuki is a boy or girl, from the beginning she has put an impact on his character. I think the fact that Mizuki is a girl is not really important, they could be best friends in anyway.

shaay

Post by shaay » Jul 13th, '07, 16:16

*nods* I really do believe he is beginning to change because of her.

Oh, speaking of the shampoo scene apart from parading half naked guys all over the place (not that I'm complaining xD) it also shows how comfortable they all are around him. I mean I wouldn't ask someone for anything unless I know they would say yes or at least be nice about saying no.

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 13th, '07, 16:35

WOW more than 150 pages

too many page t read XD

I really like drunk sano :wub: :cheers: :alcoholic:

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 13th, '07, 16:37

Ohkay, this thread - it moves way too fast.
But I like it :lol.
Here are my late responses, because I was asleep during all these conversations :D.
Where are your subs XD. Can I get a link? :]].

YOU LIKE SHIROTA YUU?! I LOVEEE HIM. He's so hot.
Check out my signaturee :P.
I really like all the mixed half-japanese guys :D.
CcROAWR wrote:I'm going a bit off topic here with the 'discussion of Episode 2' but do you think they'll complete the whole manga story line within this drama?
Seeing as only two episodes have aired and already Mizuki's brother has arrived.
And I'm falling in love with Sekigahara-kun *Sekime* :wub: He's so cute
Sekime is <33, too :D. I can't find any good pictures of him to put in my signature, though XD.

___

I like how my reponses are like. Not very intelligent. THEY'RE JUST LIKE.
"HOT HOT SEXY OMG"
Hah.

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 13th, '07, 16:46

Kai200X I want to watch it again with your subs :w00t:

but I don't know where I can find it :cry:

edit: I found it
Attachments
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e ep02 (704x396 DivX6).srt
(44.15 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jul 13th, '07, 16:58

Oguri_Shun_lover wrote:Kai200X I want to watch it again with your subs :w00t:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_50354.htm

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 13th, '07, 17:16

wow... i missed 6 pages!!! xD

this thread does move really fast :D

momoji

Post by momoji » Jul 13th, '07, 17:31

YEah Nomanymore...he is so funny...he always makes me laugh...even when he tried to be serious...

OMG Vina me too I was like u..u..uchi....the brother guy is somewhat cute in a weird dorky way and I don't mind him not being a gaijin too...

Kudos to ferine...I have to be honest I totally hate the manga at first...I stop reading it after the first volume and that was like last year...my friend recommended it to me but I always hated it...and when they have the TW version....lets not go there....bad acting bad....I don't even bother finishing the first episode....I just recently finished the manga after watching the first ep Japanese version...and found the drama more appealing it makes more sense now...and the girl is not too dense nor chirpy for her own good...I just found her annoying in the manga....come on... everybody said they should stick to it....if a girl change her id and everything just to be with somebody she idolize...doesn't that scream stalker to you....If that is the only reason why I fly 24 hours back to japan in a cramp seat posing to be a guy just so I can see another guy jump...please shoot me... and my brother no matter how much he loves me would love to do that...

But hey this is suppose to be a happy manga and drama so I am not going to be nitpicky about the details...(though I did that in this post...soweee)
Oh on the funny note wouldn't it be hilarious if the guys who stole her cloth accidentally stole her bra as well if she wore one....but they must be curious as to why she have that wrap thingy oh well...and kudos to people who saw the ball the dog was chasing... and kudos to hana kimi team for casting uchi as mizuki's brother....and kudos to all of you who actually read this crappy post of mine...have an awesome weekend...

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 13th, '07, 18:16

auroragb wrote:
Oguri_Shun_lover wrote:Kai200X I want to watch it again with your subs :w00t:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_50354.htm
thanx :cheers:

najimta

Post by najimta » Jul 13th, '07, 19:55

gah toma's character (nakatsu?) is so fun. haha i love how he gets lovey and protective over Ashiya and then trying to convince himself he's not gay. lol. i feel bad for him though. there were so many times in ep 2 where i wanted to tell him "yo, she's a girl, go for her!" but then its sad cuz its obvious shes gonna go for sano. and poor toma cuz realy, he's ool and i like him. and maybe we should convice johnny to let him debut cuz he deserves it. and this is off topic and so thats it.

Neeko

Post by Neeko » Jul 13th, '07, 20:06

@ wat3rm3lon: Oh yeah! I had to keep myself from fangirling in my post about the 1-2 minutes he was in. He looked super good looking. I'm so glad he cut his hair since the old Seramyu days, because he looks way.. wayy too good.. :3

Ferine, I'm glad you posted that! I agree with your post to a certain extent. I understand your take and you bring up very credible responses, but I still feel that it was just so unnecessary to add in those dramatic elements to an already perfectly fine storyline. I guess I'm just an avid fan of the original story. It may have been unnecessary to say it "completely changed", but I guess that's just the way I see it now. That's what made me love Hanakimi so much.It was a great manga without all that drama that shoujo mangas/dramas tend to fluff their plots with, which I love as well, but Hanakimi prospered without too much of that. There is good in the drama, of course. It's slowly, but surely improving week by week. I do hope Sano's character will improve from the direction they're taking him, because I don't want to not like him. =/

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 13th, '07, 20:16

you guys are freaks!!! how can you make so many pages in such a short time!!!!
hahaha... :cheers: gambatte everyone... ;)

what can i say about the show...
its pretty much getting interesting... but the story line is still off and slow..
the drama is still not there you know. its more about laughs. if nakatsu wasn't there,
i wouldn't know what could have happened to the show. ack! :crazy:
but but but...! im looking forward to episode 3 were she has to be a girl!
yey! maki in a dress! can't wait.... wheeeeeee...............

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 13th, '07, 22:11

Neeko wrote:
@ wat3rm3lon: Oh yeah! I had to keep myself from fangirling in my post about the 1-2 minutes he was in. He looked super good looking. I'm so glad he cut his hair since the old Seramyu days, because he looks way.. wayy too good.. :3

Ferine, I'm glad you posted that! I agree with your post to a certain extent. I understand your take and you bring up very credible responses, but I still feel that it was just so unnecessary to add in those dramatic elements to an already perfectly fine storyline. I guess I'm just an avid fan of the original story. It may have been unnecessary to say it "completely changed", but I guess that's just the way I see it now. That's what made me love Hanakimi so much.It was a great manga without all that drama that shoujo mangas/dramas tend to fluff their plots with, which I love as well, but Hanakimi prospered without too much of that. There is good in the drama, of course. It's slowly, but surely improving week by week. I do hope Sano's character will improve from the direction they're taking him, because I don't want to not like him. =/
I understand u, but I think u dun't have to think too much, just continue to watch the drama with a free mind, I believe ur vision about this character will change later~ Becuz our Mizuki is there~ do not forget that lol

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 13th, '07, 23:01

biniBningPunkista wrote:you guys are freaks!!! how can you make so many pages in such a short time!!!!
hahaha... :cheers: gambatte everyone... ;)

what can i say about the show...
its pretty much getting interesting... but the story line is still off and slow..
the drama is still not there you know. its more about laughs. if nakatsu wasn't there,
i wouldn't know what could have happened to the show. ack! :crazy:
but but but...! im looking forward to episode 3 were she has to be a girl!
yey! maki in a dress! can't wait.... wheeeeeee...............
It's funny how fans could be really confusing sometimes.. I mean how can a drama be 'fast pace' & 'slow' at the same time... :scratch:
oh yea Nakatsu role is funny & everyone tends to luve him.. again cuteness wins over.
But personally I dun't think he has that much impact on me. Probably becuz for me he's just a comic character in the story ,who makes the story funny; w/o him the story may or may not be less funny but not less enjoyable. Well again at least for me, becuz I luve Maki chan & Shun, they're really great actor/actress & they deserve some respects . Dun't forget if Mizuki's not there, the show doesn't even exist! :whistling:

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jul 13th, '07, 23:48

*le sigh* I wish people subbed kdramas outside of subbing groups...I'm noticing that never happens *is pining for the much-talked-about coffee prince* anyways, I'm going to continue watching the jdrama despite the fact that its making me sad, I do it for Maki and Shun.

reiyuki

Post by reiyuki » Jul 14th, '07, 00:07

>.< i wanna see episode 3!!
i think there will be another kiss between guys in the 3rd episode Image

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 14th, '07, 00:09

KamichamaN wrote:*le sigh* I wish people subbed kdramas outside of subbing groups...I'm noticing that never happens *is pining for the much-talked-about coffee prince* anyways, I'm going to continue watching the jdrama despite the fact that its making me sad, I do it for Maki and Shun.
I dun't get what u mean, confusing ,ur post.

Noone obliges u to watch what makes u sad, if u do, then bear it urself :roll

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 14th, '07, 00:10

reiyuki wrote:>.< i wanna see episode 3!!
i think there will be another kiss between guys in the 3rd episode Image
akak I think Nakatsu will fail, sthing will happen for sure.. they wun't let Mizuki got kissed that easily lol