[Discussion] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [2007]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
RedDragon88

Post by RedDragon88 » Aug 22nd, '07, 15:54

WAHHH~!!! Episode 8 was so much fun~!!!

But one thing troubles me a lot....
Next episode seems to be about nakatsu's problem with that teacher (refering to the manga) Because of this thing I think we'll see nakatsu taking most of the time of episode 9.... which means there are only 3 more left for Sano and Mizuki coupling...

For the ones who have read the manga I think you'll agree with me if I say that the serie is far from done. I have the feeling their bond needs to deepen a lot more when I compare the manga and this serie.
Still lots of things differ from eachother but the whole idea of the manga/serie will be ruined if they don't grow to eachother more.... (at least I think so....)

Maybe this has been discussed before but will there be a season 2?
Like Hana Yori Dango?

miyuki_chan

Post by miyuki_chan » Aug 22nd, '07, 15:56

phenally wrote: this really sux... how often do u meet a celebrity on the street? hardly , wats more if its someone u adore and like. And you cant even approach them and say hi????
No autograph ?? So i guess its even harder to get a picture together with them?
Well that's just say ~ Fate doesn't usually let you see the actor you like on the streets!

Seriously, my friend was at Meiji for one whole year and she didn't see a glimps of Yamapi ~ But she did see Koyama (who happened to be standing behind her at the registrar office) Another friend at Meiji was in a class with Koyama.

But one friend has escaped fate ~ LOL

And my friend says I also escaped fate cause I saw KAT-TUN in LA... hahahahahahahaha

No ~ yeah it's best not to approach them ~ One the jimusho asks that fans not do that ~ cause they are also entitled to have a private life (to an extent) and that unwritten code (wel it's kinda written but not officially) And reports from some Japanese fans ~ They aren't the nicest people when they aren't at work.

And so yeah, they won't let you take pic with them either.

OOPS ~ Kinda getting off-topic ~ GOMEN!!!

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Aug 22nd, '07, 16:05

miyuki_chan wrote:
Ason12 wrote:Hello Everyone!

This is my first post, and this is my first JDrama!

I have watched up through episode 3 and it is amazing good!

I was wondering though if an OST has been released for it? If so does anyone know where to find it?
Thanks for any help

:) I'm excited to be here...
Well Orange Range's Ikenai Taiyo is out already ~ The beginning theme
The ending theme is also out ~ Otsuka Ai's Peach
irasshai! welcome to the very lively thread about hanakimi ^^

i was looking for the ost as well and found a link to buy it online: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-23376

however, it's not gonna be out until sept 5. but anyway here's the list of the songs:
1. IKEMEN BOOGIE
2. MEN OF PARADISE
3. ST.BLOSSOM
4. GO TO SCHOOL!
5. HA NA ZA CARNIVAL
6. SAVE ME
7. EARLY SUMMER
8. IKE-MEN2007
9. I CAN'T TELL YOU WHY
10. BOYZ BE AMBITIOUS!!
11. BEAUTIFUL ENOUGH
12. INTO A NAP
13. BE SILENT
14. OSAKA BOYZ
15. IKEMEN BOOGIENIGHTS
16. I AM LADY
17. I CAN'T TELL YOU WHY(REPRISE)
18. EMERGENCY
19. SAND TIME
20. IS THIS SPIRITUAL?
21. TRAP HAPPY
22. PEACH

but why is there no IKENAI TAIYOU :O i have the mp3 but why isn't it here i wonder....

mjmsisco

Post by mjmsisco » Aug 22nd, '07, 16:07

How do you sign up for clubbox without knowing how to speak korean?

miyuki_chan

Post by miyuki_chan » Aug 22nd, '07, 16:08

genkichelli wrote: irasshai! welcome to the very lively thread about hanakimi ^^

i was looking for the ost as well and found a link to buy it online: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-23376

however, it's not gonna be out until sept 5. but anyway here's the list of the songs:
1. IKEMEN BOOGIE
2. MEN OF PARADISE
3. ST.BLOSSOM
4. GO TO SCHOOL!
5. HA NA ZA CARNIVAL
6. SAVE ME
7. EARLY SUMMER
8. IKE-MEN2007
9. I CAN'T TELL YOU WHY
10. BOYZ BE AMBITIOUS!!
11. BEAUTIFUL ENOUGH
12. INTO A NAP
13. BE SILENT
14. OSAKA BOYZ
15. IKEMEN BOOGIENIGHTS
16. I AM LADY
17. I CAN'T TELL YOU WHY(REPRISE)
18. EMERGENCY
19. SAND TIME
20. IS THIS SPIRITUAL?
21. TRAP HAPPY
22. PEACH

but why is there no IKENAI TAIYOU :O i have the mp3 but why isn't it here i wonder....
I think probably the recording company and management of Orange Range has barred Ikenai Taiyo from being put on.

It happens often

And the fact that Orange Range is popular enough to not have to need more PR.. LOL I don't know about the last part.
mjmsisco wrote:How do you sign up for clubbox without knowing how to speak korean?
Check this out ~ http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=142500

Don't know how useful it is ~ But you can try. :P

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Aug 22nd, '07, 16:26

miyuki_chan wrote:No ~ yeah it's best not to approach them ~ One the jimusho asks that fans not do that ~ cause they are also entitled to have a private life (to an extent) and that unwritten code (wel it's kinda written but not officially) And reports from some Japanese fans ~ They aren't the nicest people when they aren't at work.

And so yeah, they won't let you take pic with them either.
aww shucks! if i ever escape fate and see them, i cant commerate this rare chance by taking a pic with them. :(

as for why there isn't Ikenai Taiyou, its probably cuz Orange Range already released a single for that. japanese OST normally consists of instrumentals only i suppose.

--EDIT--

any idea which stars aren't that friendly outside work?

goongluver16

Post by goongluver16 » Aug 22nd, '07, 16:32

eirammm wrote:whoa ep 8 must have been good enough since the ratings went that high enough:)

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hanazakari_no ... de_Ratings

*off the DL ep8*
WOW! :w00t: The ratings are pretty high! :D

person

Post by person » Aug 22nd, '07, 16:41

Alright! Episode 8 raw is available to download! I'm happy. Now I wait for the subs to be released. Ah well since I watched the Taiwanese version, I kinda know what gonna happen, but still still, I'm excited!!

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Aug 22nd, '07, 16:43

@miyuki_chan: i totally agree. anyway they'd put it on their album hahaha ^0^
@j_halo7: u're also right i guess^^ abt the stars being unfriendly, of course they're also human so the characters they play on screen doesnt necessarily reflect their real personalities. maybe these peeps have off days too. who knows hehehe ^__~

mjmsisco

Post by mjmsisco » Aug 22nd, '07, 16:46

@ miyuki-chan : Thanks! That was a big help!

@ everyone: If i was to subscribe to a Japanese magazine, what would be a good one to subscribe too that would have features on j-dramas and actors from j-dramas etc..?

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 22nd, '07, 16:49

I'm wondering when will it be available on Yesasia, the Ost...

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 22nd, '07, 17:04

RedDragon88 wrote:WAHHH~!!! Episode 8 was so much fun~!!!

But one thing troubles me a lot....
Next episode seems to be about nakatsu's problem with that teacher (refering to the manga) Because of this thing I think we'll see nakatsu taking most of the time of episode 9.... which means there are only 3 more left for Sano and Mizuki coupling...

For the ones who have read the manga I think you'll agree with me if I say that the serie is far from done. I have the feeling their bond needs to deepen a lot more when I compare the manga and this serie.
Still lots of things differ from eachother but the whole idea of the manga/serie will be ruined if they don't grow to eachother more.... (at least I think so....)

Maybe this has been discussed before but will there be a season 2?
Like Hana Yori Dango?
yea I understand what u say.. I had that feeling since eps 4-5; I think the script writers didn't focus enough on the main couple, I even wondered if they forgot wat Hana Kimi's about & who Sano is :blink :blink
It's quite frustrating that 1 eps they heat all us up then next eps, everything is like never happened, & the usual 'train' takes place again, contest, cracks, crazy dorms, Nakatsu's dylemn, etc
Seriously if next eps, they keep doing the same thing & neglect Sano & Mizuki again, I think I will strangle those script writers :cussing:
well I've gone little far ^^; have to admit there were some unexpected & cute scenes they gave us , cannot forget that haha
And yea, hopefully the rating keeps this rythm, so then we can have hope for a special or even a 2nd season XD~ *keeps dreaming*

karen05

Post by karen05 » Aug 22nd, '07, 17:10

Just wondering, how does sano find out that mizuki is a girl in the manga ?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 22nd, '07, 17:22

karen05 wrote:Just wondering, how does sano find out that mizuki is a girl in the manga ?
I think it was when he left his watch in the shower and mizuki was in there. When he went back in to get it, he noticed she was a girl from her back. Mizuki didn't know Sano knew cuz her back was to him and he didn't say anything. (She's kinda dense --;)

Some peeps say otherwise, that he knew ahead of time. If he knew he wouldn't have stepped in while she was in the shower IMO.

crabbyrat

Post by crabbyrat » Aug 22nd, '07, 17:24

karen05 wrote:Just wondering, how does sano find out that mizuki is a girl in the manga ?
It's at the VERY beginning. Nakatsu played soccer with Mizuki and elbowed her, knocking her onto the ground, unconscious. Sano picks her up and feels... something XD Nakatsu wanted to help but Sano pushed him away
And didn't Sano and Mizuki bond through the Nakatsu dilemma? Because yes the story was in regards to Nakatsu, but Nakatsu mostly kept to himself while Mizuki and co were trying to find ways to help him. So if it follows the manga, then I think there should be Sano/Mizuki moments when they try to figure out how to help Nakatsu.

Oh and even if you saw the Taiwanese version, you might still be surprised at the ending, because it's not the same as the manga.

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Aug 22nd, '07, 17:24

seirin wrote:
I think it was when he left his watch in the shower and mizuki was in there. When he went back in to get it, he noticed she was a girl from her back. Mizuki didn't know Sano knew cuz her back was to him and he didn't say anything. (She's kinda dense --;)

Some peeps say otherwise, that he knew ahead of time. If he knew he wouldn't have stepped in while she was in the shower IMO.
no...he knew when he overheard the conversation Mizuki had with her brother in their room. about the watch thing, he's so used to thinking that he's a guy so its natural that he needs time to adapt and remember Mizuki is a girl and he cant just walk in like that.

--EDIT--

woops! didnt see that u were asking about the manga. yep, Sano knew when he accidently brush his hand against Mizuki's chest after she fainted during the soccer match with Nakatsu.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 22nd, '07, 17:28

j_halo7 wrote:
seirin wrote:

no...he knew when he overheard the conversation Mizuki had with her brother in their room. about the watch thing, he's so used to thinking that he's a guy so its natural that he needs time to adapt and remember Mizuki is a girl and he cant just walk in like that.

--EDIT--

woops! didnt see that u were asking about the manga. yep, Sano knew when he accidently brush his hand against Mizuki's chest after she fainted during the soccer match with Nakatsu.
I think he just thought it was weird, but he didn't know. Cuz in the manga, after he closed the washroom door...he said "Mizuki is...a girl??"

crabbyrat

Post by crabbyrat » Aug 22nd, '07, 17:30

Didn't he say that Mizuki should lock the door and be more careful if she was a girl, and that he should remember the circumstances? Because I think it was just reflex that he walked in, forgetting she was a girl, then saw her, instantly remembered, and pulled back. I think in the manga when he lifted her, seeing his reaction I assumed he figured it out then.

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Aug 22nd, '07, 18:13

crabbyrat wrote:Didn't he say that Mizuki should lock the door and be more careful if she was a girl, and that he should remember the circumstances? Because I think it was just reflex that he walked in, forgetting she was a girl, then saw her, instantly remembered, and pulled back. I think in the manga when he lifted her, seeing his reaction I assumed he figured it out then.
yeah, thats wat i read too. he didnt see anything when he went into the bathroom to get his watch. he just momentarily forgot Mizuki was a girl.

goongluver16

Post by goongluver16 » Aug 22nd, '07, 19:47

This is a question I have been wanting to ask everyone reading this topic:
What episode is your favorite or future favorite part and why?
I know this question might seem weird question :unsure: but it seems a lot of people like the magna instead of the series so please tell!
:D :salut:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 22nd, '07, 19:57

hmm...I liked sano saving mizuki and falling down a hill. Dunno if they will show it or not.

goongluver16

Post by goongluver16 » Aug 22nd, '07, 20:13

seirin wrote:hmm...I liked sano saving mizuki and falling down a hill. Dunno if they will show it or not.
is that in the series on in the magna? :unsure:

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Aug 22nd, '07, 20:22

goongluver16 wrote:
seirin wrote:hmm...I liked sano saving mizuki and falling down a hill. Dunno if they will show it or not.
thats in the manga right? is this the part where all of them went to Nanba's mum holiday inn to work and a male worker there who's a huge flirt mistook Mizuki for a girl (well she is one but u get wat i mean). he tried to force kiss her but lucky Sano came and rescue her! and Mizuki was so scared she went nuts and ran into the woods and hurt herself. is this the right part?

i think my fav part has to be the Christmas Ball which by the looks of it so far is not gonna be in the drama. Sano and Mizuki dancing together is sooooo romantic! :wub:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 22nd, '07, 20:57

j_halo7 wrote:
goongluver16 wrote:
thats in the manga right? is this the part where all of them went to Nanba's mum holiday inn to work and a male worker there who's a huge flirt mistook Mizuki for a girl (well she is one but u get wat i mean). he tried to force kiss her but lucky Sano came and rescue her! and Mizuki was so scared she went nuts and ran into the woods and hurt herself. is this the right part?

i think my fav part has to be the Christmas Ball which by the looks of it so far is not gonna be in the drama. Sano and Mizuki dancing together is sooooo romantic! :wub:
The guy tried to rape her. Not force kiss her. Her shirt was torn I think. I don't remember if she ran off when Sano was beating up the guy, but that wasn't the reason why they fell. Sano was carrying her on his back, but it got dark, so Sano couldn't see well and they fell down a cliff. Mizuki was tired from fighting off the guy so she was kinda dazed and sleepy. It was kinda cold so she caught a fever while they were down the cliff. Sano tried to keep her warm, but she was kinda delirious with fever. Sano held onto her to give her body heat. He also kissed her for some reason. I think he was giving her CPR for I don't know what reason.

crabbyrat

Post by crabbyrat » Aug 22nd, '07, 22:06

I have too many favorite parts! But one of my favorite parts is coming up next episode. Not because I like to see Nakatsu suffer or anything, but I just admire how he handled it and how it strengthened the bonds between all of them.

Most of my favorite romantic moments though came towards the end of the manga :wub:

nitelite

Post by nitelite » Aug 22nd, '07, 22:39

crabbyrat wrote:
It's at the VERY beginning. Nakatsu played soccer with Mizuki and elbowed her, knocking her onto the ground, unconscious. Sano picks her up and feels... something XD Nakatsu wanted to help but Sano pushed him away
And didn't Sano and Mizuki bond through the Nakatsu dilemma? Because yes the story was in regards to Nakatsu, but Nakatsu mostly kept to himself while Mizuki and co were trying to find ways to help him. So if it follows the manga, then I think there should be Sano/Mizuki moments when they try to figure out how to help Nakatsu.

Oh and even if you saw the Taiwanese version, you might still be surprised at the ending, because it's not the same as the manga.
Yeah, it's totally different. People keep thinking things will happen the same, but the Japanese have a tendency to spice things up a bit that makes everything turn out really different.

The Taiwanese dramas that are based on mangas tend to follow the storyline almost exactly, like Hana Kimi and Meteor Garden, even Mars. I actually like how the Japanese kind of twist the storyline and spice it up so in a way, it makes more sense (like how Mizuki came to Japan because she was responsible for Sano quitting the high jump). It's almost borderline stalker-ish, if not completely, when she's making an effort to disguise herself as a guy just cos she adores the guy. So I prefer the Japanese versions better in a way, even over the manga itself.

There's always something new to expect, if not already expected from the manga. I like it!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 22nd, '07, 23:11

For the reason why I think Sano found out Mizuki is a female is from this comic page

ahh okay I guess I missed reading the "forgetting" part. Guess he found out earlier.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 23rd, '07, 00:42

aw seeing that makes me wanna read the manga again!! but i must hold off until after the series!!!

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Aug 23rd, '07, 01:54

Is there a way to read the manga online?

white_destiny18

Post by white_destiny18 » Aug 23rd, '07, 02:04

i think Sano found out that mizuki is a girl wen he carried mizuki to Umeda-sensei because she got hurt while playing soccer with Nakatsu

i think he felt it.while carrying her O____O

mjmsisco

Post by mjmsisco » Aug 23rd, '07, 02:07

@malljclay : Ive been looking for places to read it online, but I cant find it. If you find one, let us know, cuz I couldnt find volume 6 at the store i bought them.

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Aug 23rd, '07, 02:16

mjmsisco wrote:@malljclay : Ive been looking for places to read it online, but I cant find it. If you find one, let us know, cuz I couldnt find volume 6 at the store i bought them.
I dont know if its vol. 6 but i just found this site. It has hana kimi there.
http://idols-unlimited.com/manga-hana-kimi

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Aug 23rd, '07, 02:45

seirin wrote:For the reason why I think Sano found out Mizuki is a female is from this comic page

ahh okay I guess I missed reading the "forgetting" part. Guess he found out earlier.
:O You had me there!! I thought thats how he's supposed to find out!
Maybe i should start reading the manga... :unsure:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 23rd, '07, 02:50

^ iyaa ur sig is so fun, have to steal it lol (hope u dun't mind ^_^)

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Aug 23rd, '07, 02:51

@Nomanymore:: dont mind at all

:unsure: Will there be a season2?? The episodes seems too short for me.. is that how the story should go??
Theres like 4 more episodes to go, its ending so fast, wish there would be more...
IDK i have never read the manga so i dont know whats going to happen next. So i guess I have to wait and see!! :roll
Hope the ending will be good!!! :-)
Last edited by TeAsEy0shi on Aug 23rd, '07, 15:23, edited 2 times in total.

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Aug 23rd, '07, 03:36

miyuki_chan wrote:
j_halo7 wrote:well they want ppl to pay big money for them, it better be real. otherwise they'll get sued.

im new to JE so im wondering do they have like autograph sessions in Japan? whether is it for dramas or CDs. like in Taiwan they have lots of autograph sessions.

As far as I know , Unfortunatly it's rather hard to get JE autographs ~ And even if you see them on the streets

1. people don't go up to them. Cause there's this unwritten code of manner for fans (but still a lot of people don't follow ~ and than the JEs complain on their JWEB )

2. And if you do go up to them, they don't give out autographs because it's basically a rule of the company.

But sometimes new groups have hand shake events (Kanjani 8 had one and so did Hey Say 7)

The only way to get their autographs is during concerts. The guys throw out these little balls with their autographs and one or two boards with their autographs. Unfortunatly, that's all based on luck (mostly where you sit in the hall.
no, actually youre allowed to get autographs, just ask them. (but it also depends on whos with them and if they want) thats the only thing youre allowed but their big NO NO is taking pictures of them. and yeah also just dont follow them johnnys hates that.

for dramas and cds, they dont have promotions, their only promotions will be TV ads, news paper ads, magazine interviews/photoshoots and guestings in tv shows. but promotions with fans theres none, youre only luck is to watch them live shows like hey,hey,hey or shounen club (if they guest there)

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Aug 23rd, '07, 03:57

to tell you the truth:-
sano knew the whole time (that she was a girl) & yeah, he found out when he carried mizuki to the clinic after she was hit by nakatsu's elbow. imagine what would have happen if nakatsu was the one who carried her instead! I wouldn't want that to happen. :P
i read the mangas about 20 times already. SERIOUSLY.

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Aug 23rd, '07, 06:18

Shiget^ wrote:no, actually youre allowed to get autographs, just ask them. (but it also depends on whos with them and if they want) thats the only thing youre allowed but their big NO NO is taking pictures of them. and yeah also just dont follow them johnnys hates that.
i probably wouldn't dare to ask them for autographs for fear of pissing them off manz. anyway we'll probably see them for a few seconds only which isn't enough time to ask for an autograph. :P

anyway because Sano knew Mizuki was a girl right from the start in the manga, its so cute seeing him blush whenever he gets too close to her. :lol

miyuki_chan

Post by miyuki_chan » Aug 23rd, '07, 07:48

j_halo7 wrote:
Shiget^ wrote:no, actually youre allowed to get autographs, just ask them. (but it also depends on whos with them and if they want) thats the only thing youre allowed but their big NO NO is taking pictures of them. and yeah also just dont follow them johnnys hates that.
i probably wouldn't dare to ask them for autographs for fear of pissing them off manz. anyway we'll probably see them for a few seconds only which isn't enough time to ask for an autograph. :P

anyway because Sano knew Mizuki was a girl right from the start in the manga, its so cute seeing him blush whenever he gets too close to her. :lol
yeah ~ admire them from afar ~ That's all we can do... LOL

Well there are rumours, that sometimes the odd JE will turn up at the Family Club ~ But I've only been to the place once

Anyways ~ I forgot I had taken this photo at the Family Club

It says roughly translated (as I'm too lazy :P ) : It's Toma! !! Everyone please watch this drama!! During summer, that's get hyper (Don't really know how to translate Moriagaru) There's no more space to write. CIAO

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Aug 23rd, '07, 08:16

wats Family Club?

anyway going back to Hana Kimi, i have a question.
does anyone hav any idea why the students were like holding a box, raising money or something? i know Oscar, 3rd dorm head and company overheard the phone conversation but wat was gonna happen? i still couldn't guess after finishing episode 8 manz.

miyuki_chan

Post by miyuki_chan » Aug 23rd, '07, 08:24

j_halo7 wrote:wats Family Club?

I mean the Johnny's Family Club ~ (the place where all the fan letters are sent to and where all the fan club stuff is organized etc. )

I guess it can be described as a JE museum... LOL But they do have video clips that can only been seen at JFC
j_halo7 wrote:
does anyone hav any idea why the students were like holding a box, raising money or something? i know Oscar, 3rd dorm head and company overheard the phone conversation but wat was gonna happen? i still couldn't guess after finishing episode 8 manz.

As to your Q (I wasn't watching it completly carefully cause I was another show. LOL Something else caught my eye.. LOL
The Saru something head of teacher had said that within the next week there were going to have one on one interviews. And everyone got nervous and was wondering what was going on cause the head of teacher wasn't giving them real reason.

And than Oscar overheard the convo where the head of teacher said that they were going to keep the necessary and get rid of the unnesecary.

And so them people started to get different ideas for what was going on, and Dorm 2 thought the school was going bankrupt so they decided to hold a charity drive which wasn't very successful ~

But in the end, the get rid of the unnessisary was refering to something else.

I think the principle just really wanted to test her students, Freak them out so that all three dorms would live in harmony. :D

Well something to that extent

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Aug 23rd, '07, 08:26

to answer the question..
i think they were planning to close down the school or something...so the students were trying to raise funds and had a signature campaignt o stop the school fr closing...
and I have an off-topic quesion: is that zhou yu min aka zaizai on your avatar?? it looks like him but im not sure ehehe ^^;

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Aug 23rd, '07, 08:27

^wahaha miyuki_chan's answer is better...i barely understood that part cos i was concentrating on the 'moments" hehehhe^^

miyuki_chan

Post by miyuki_chan » Aug 23rd, '07, 08:33

To genkichelli ^^ were you refering to j_halo7 's DP?

I think that looks more like Yamapi.. haha

Anyways... the little convo between Oscar and his dorm mates using hand gestures was hilarious...

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Aug 23rd, '07, 08:36

^yup i was....i think so as well but it just kinda looked like zaizai hahaha^^;

and i loooved that part as well...oscar's hilarious as usual^^

miyuki_chan

Post by miyuki_chan » Aug 23rd, '07, 09:00

yeah he's quite a crazy but really funny character!!!

But I was hoping that Nakatsu spoke Kansai Ben like the manga....

It would have just made his character more fun.

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Aug 23rd, '07, 09:08

j_halo7 wrote:wats Family Club?

I'll try to answer your question :-
there's nothing like that in the manga if i'm not mistaken. After the photoshoot, the school was supposed to be surrounded by HUNDREDS of Girls. The whole box thingy (i-dont-know-japanese) it was purely original. Nothing from the manga.

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Aug 23rd, '07, 09:18

@miyuki: yep i kinda miss his kansai ben...but toma's great anyhhow so that's ok!!! he's so so so cute!!! perfect as nakatsu!

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Aug 23rd, '07, 10:14

iruka92 wrote:I'll try to answer your question :-
there's nothing like that in the manga if i'm not mistaken. After the photoshoot, the school was supposed to be surrounded by HUNDREDS of Girls. The whole box thingy (i-dont-know-japanese) it was purely original. Nothing from the manga.
yeah, i read the manga too. cuz this scene wasn't in the manga so i couldn't guess what it was about. thanks for answering my question minna! <3 anyway this part is such a filler manz. was there any point to have that? they could have included other things which would up the SanoMizuki romance factor. bah...

must make a note to go to the JE Family Club if i go Japan. another itinary on my "Chase JE Stars" tour trip! LOL

and yeah, thats Yamapi. i thought it was cute yet sexy.

Reigning_Ninya

Post by Reigning_Ninya » Aug 23rd, '07, 10:31

Wow this series is just getting better and better isn't it! I have no words to say because a lot of you have summed it all up.

But I just wanted to say that I like Nakatsu's wardrobes (What?! How random). You know those bright colored t shirts and green jacket? It really suits Ikuta Toma. He is really kyoooot!

Hurrah for Sano's jealous reactions!

wapuro

Post by wapuro » Aug 23rd, '07, 13:33

hello...
just wanna say i'm very enjoy the show...this dorama definetly my number one dorama for spring season.....
go nakatsu - mizuki....^^

miyuki_chan

Post by miyuki_chan » Aug 23rd, '07, 14:01

j_halo7 wrote:must make a note to go to the JE Family Club if i go Japan. another itinary on my "Chase JE Stars" tour trip! LOL

and yeah, thats Yamapi. i thought it was cute yet sexy.
You've got it all mapped out eh ~ LOL Your Chase the JE Stars Tour Trip ~

> genkichelli

HAHA ~ Yeah Toma is great as Nakatsu ~ But wouldn't it be more funny if he spoke Kansai ben...hahahaha

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Aug 23rd, '07, 14:19

^yep that would be loads fun...just imagining toma spouting "nande ya nen" and "aho" in his lines....i won't be able to stop laughing hahaha ^0^

goongluver16

Post by goongluver16 » Aug 23rd, '07, 16:57

seirin wrote:
j_halo7 wrote:
goongluver16 wrote: is that in the series on in the magna? :unsure:

The guy tried to rape her. Not force kiss her. Her shirt was torn I think. I don't remember if she ran off when Sano was beating up the guy, but that wasn't the reason why they fell. Sano was carrying her on his back, but it got dark, so Sano couldn't see well and they fell down a cliff. Mizuki was tired from fighting off the guy so she was kinda dazed and sleepy. It was kinda cold so she caught a fever while they were down the cliff. Sano tried to keep her warm, but she was kinda delirious with fever. Sano held onto her to give her body heat. He also kissed her for some reason. I think he was giving her CPR for I don't know what reason.
oh ok now that makes me want to read the magna now! :D

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Aug 23rd, '07, 17:19

^ i strongly recommend you do...i totally loved the manga! at first when i saw the drama i was like..."this is totally different from the manga!" but that actually made it more fun cos it's unpredictable. although some scenes in the manga wouldve been awesome in the drama as well ^^;

as for my fave part in the manga, i loved the ball but the practice sessions before that were also cute. since st blossoms didnt have enough girls, they made nakao, mizuki and other guys dress like girls so the guys can have partners. i liked the part when mizuki was trying on the miniskirt they use for dance practice and sano walked in on her...then he had to go to the washroom because he was trying to hide a nosebleed!! so adorable!!!!!

and the guy from form 1 with the girly face...he's not in the drama, is he? and the scary one (was it kujou?) as well...arrgh ive forgotten their names>__<

goongluver16

Post by goongluver16 » Aug 23rd, '07, 18:12

genkichelli wrote:^ i strongly recommend you do...i totally loved the manga! at first when i saw the drama i was like..."this is totally different from the manga!" but that actually made it more fun cos it's unpredictable. although some scenes in the manga wouldve been awesome in the drama as well ^^;

as for my fave part in the manga, i loved the ball but the practice sessions before that were also cute. since st blossoms didnt have enough girls, they made nakao, mizuki and other guys dress like girls so the guys can have partners. i liked the part when mizuki was trying on the miniskirt they use for dance practice and sano walked in on her...then he had to go to the washroom because he was trying to hide a nosebleed!! so adorable!!!!!

and the guy from form 1 with the girly face...he's not in the drama, is he? and the scary one (was it kujou?) as well...arrgh ive forgotten their names>__<
Aw how cute! he almost got a nose bleed! :lol Well first i want to finish the magna series im reading rite now then i'm gonna read hana kimi! :D But thanks for the advice! :thumleft:

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Aug 23rd, '07, 20:00

Srry this might be off-topic but i was watching Azumi today and i recognize Ishigaki Yuma
He looks the same though except just with long hair lol IDK i thought i just wanted to share with you guys.
He's on the far left!!
Image :whistling:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 23rd, '07, 20:06

^ which means he co-star with Shun 3 times already lol

goongluver16

Post by goongluver16 » Aug 23rd, '07, 20:08

TeAsEy0shi wrote:Srry this might be off-topic but i was watching Azumi today and i recognize Ishigaki Yuma
He looks the same though except just with long hair lol IDK i thought i just wanted to share with you guys.
He's on the far left!!
Image :whistling:
I like your new icon! with Shun! :D Very CUTE! :wub:

pennylanechic

Post by pennylanechic » Aug 23rd, '07, 20:34

wah I just finished downloading episode 8. huhu. anyway, before I start watching (seriously), I just noticed another thing, Sano's usually not included in general assemblies of the 3 dorms, it seems that he's really got a world of his own. haha. i mean, Sekime's in the same club as Sano, but Sekime's still able to attend the G.A's (unless Sano trains for high jump the WHOLE DAY), Hana Kimi drama's Sano is more anti-social than the Hana Kimi manga's Sano HIHI. If I'm not mistaken this is the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen Sano in the Cafeteria (?) with the whole gang

That's it, I'm going to watch seriously now! Byebeeee!

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 23rd, '07, 20:55

^ yeah, but I think from eps 8 go on, Sano'll change, thank to Mizuki ^o^ akakak

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Aug 23rd, '07, 21:14

lol i so agree

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Aug 23rd, '07, 22:01

actually Sano in the drama here is a tad too in his own world as compared to the manga's Sano. its like is Sano (drama) even good friends with his classmates/dorm mates? he's supposed to be cool and quiet but still friendly u know. dun flame me for this tiny comparison. its just an observation on my part.

btw i was wiki-ing up on JE stuff and i came across something totally random and funny. there's actually a rather old Johnny's Junior called Sano Mizuki! LOL he never debuted but is still part of JE.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 23rd, '07, 22:07

^ yea, at some points it's true..
but what's admirable is despite all of that, his friends still care for him lol they look for him when they're out of shampoo, when Sano's sick, they bring blankets, Sekime's happy face seeing Sano on the bus, etc I think it's just the way they want Sano's image to appear..

goongluver16

Post by goongluver16 » Aug 23rd, '07, 22:16

:D I know this is a little off the topic but for the people that really like Oguri Shun(Sano) do any of you guys know if he is gonna be in tthe new movie Hana Yori Dango Final? :D

SillyKitty

Post by SillyKitty » Aug 23rd, '07, 22:26

All the main characters from HYD2 will be in Hana Yori Dango Final.

I loved Nakatsu in the manga but I love him even more in the drama. He is always good for a laugh.

I miss some of the the things they did in the manga. I hope they do the dance. That was the cutest thing ever.

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Aug 23rd, '07, 22:30

SillyKitty wrote:I loved Nakatsu in the manga but I love him even more in the drama. He is always good for a laugh.

I miss some of the the things they did in the manga. I hope they do the dance. That was the cutest thing ever.
im with u on both! Toma as Nakatsu made me lean towards the Nakatsu-Mizuki pairing. >.<

SillyKitty

Post by SillyKitty » Aug 23rd, '07, 22:44

Usually when they change up things from the manga to the drama I get annoyed. I have been pretty happy with how the drama has gone so far. It is different but some things are still the same. I like how Sano found out Ashiya was a girl better in the drama. I like how the manga gives bigger hints of Sano's feelings than the drama does. I think the Dorm 3 Head(I forget his name right now! >.<) is soo cute! I enjoy watching dramas with cute boys. XD

I like how the characters all give off the same feelings. I like that the girl in the Japanese version is actually cute. I couldn't watch the Taiwanese version because it just creeped me out a bit and I found her version of Ashiya to be annoying.

karen05

Post by karen05 » Aug 23rd, '07, 23:10

another random question. why did sekime's hair suddenly change? =\

i find it weird, since i didnt notice it until i rewatched the 1st episode. i forgot the the person who told mizuki about the dorms and stuff was sekime.

mjmsisco

Post by mjmsisco » Aug 23rd, '07, 23:44

I know! Sekime randomly changed his hair. I noticed it too.

crabbyrat

Post by crabbyrat » Aug 24th, '07, 00:25

I'll answer that question for you!

Okada Masaki (Sekime) was in the drama Seito Shokun with Maki for the Spring season, right before Hana Kimi started filming. For that drama he had to have bleached hair. Hana Kimi started filming when he still had bleached hair, so he had to wear a wig for the first couple of episodes. I assumed after that he dyed it back to its real color, and the hair for the rest of the episodes is his actual hair. It also explains why in promo cms/posters his hair was blonde :)

miyuki_chan

Post by miyuki_chan » Aug 24th, '07, 00:43

I mean I've never read this manga so it's really hard for me to comment on facts that the show changed between manga and the actual drama.

In my opinion, Yeah sometimes it does get annoying ~ (refering to HYD) but at the same time ~ They are changing bits and peices so that it'll keep the viewers more interested because if they followed everything word to word from the manga maybe not everyone would be interested cause then we'd know what was going on at all times! So sometimes they like to surprise you.

LOL ~ I refuse to watch Taiwan dramas after the terrible-ness of Meteor Garden :goggle:

I think Sano has this mysterious aura, but in truth he really cares for people and that's why he still has friends. Because he was never like that.
Last edited by miyuki_chan on Aug 24th, '07, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.

goongluver16

Post by goongluver16 » Aug 24th, '07, 00:43

I really like all the boys hair! :wub:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 24th, '07, 00:44

I think they're talking about his hairstyle change during the drama. not prior to the drama shooting. (poster photo)

pennylanechic

Post by pennylanechic » Aug 24th, '07, 00:48

haha yeah i noticed that too, Sekime changes his hairstyle often. but even if his hairstyle changes one thing's for sure, his hairstyle should always look like it was blown away by a hurricane, so cute (huh?) !!

I just kind of realized that...

..I watched Hana Kimi because of Shun, now I watch Hana Kimi not only because of Shun (who's got an inverted moob!! haha), but also because of SEKIME (whooo i totally love him!), NAKATSU (adoooooorable!) and I can't believe it, but I'm also loving NANBA, i didn't like him at first because he kind of resembled Matsumo Jun (I don't like him, eeek don't kill me! just not my type), but after a few episodes, he got cuter (he really looks like a playboy)!! WHOOOOOOO! Ikemen paradise indeed.