[Discussion] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [2007]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Jul 20th, '07, 00:22

oh yeah i forgot to add that I'd soooo pick sano if i were mizuki!! for one thing, he's GEORGEOUS! And also, he has that outside shell that he doesn't let anyone break. It would be really kool to see the change in him. oh yeah....did I also say because he is GEORGEOUS?!

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Jul 20th, '07, 00:23

oh kool. aha the previews for next episodes are SO exciting; dormitory closed? and what's with the match making pair and sano with the other girl? PLUS...she said she wanted to go back to america :[ so sad. anyway. i've gotta wait another week for it!!! so anxious!!!!!!!!!--i need someone to answer that!!!!!!!! rawr.

Skibblu

Post by Skibblu » Jul 20th, '07, 00:25

@wat3rm3lon: Yahh. I just expected him to be 'pretty' because he was the...'prettiest' in the school? but then again, he wasn't potrayed that way in the drama so I should probably stop complaining.

He's not too bad though. <33 I should probably go read the manga agains @_@

Wait. speaking of gay, I was totally going :blink at Umeda. He's manly. :lol Influence of the sickenly gay TW Umeda is still in my mind I guess. :roll (I think Taiwan's Nakao did the role pretty nicely. TW version followed the manga more closely though?)

@Nomanymore: It was SO the homo thing. xPP Nakatsu is just loveable for his homo-ness. XD Toma is pretty much tying with Jiro on that role. xD As for Sano...well, while I normally love cold guys. I'm not really seeing sweet moments (or ones enough for me to gush...) so he's kinda off my mind. Sano in the manga wins though. :wub:

Totally didn't get preview but I wasn't paying attention. I'll just wait till next week to ramble about it.

//I had to edit because my post got half eaten. DX
Last edited by Skibblu on Jul 20th, '07, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 00:32

Skibblu wrote:@Nomanymore: It was SO the homo thing. xPP Nakatsu is just loveable for his homo-ness. XD Toma is pretty much tying with Jiro on that role. xD As for Sano...well, while I normally love cold guys. I'm not really seeing sweet moments (or ones enough for me to gush...) so he's kinda off my mind. Sano in the manga wins though. :wub:
That's why I said " not.... yet" , I believe people will luve this character soon or later when he does things for Mizuki :roll

Skibblu

Post by Skibblu » Jul 20th, '07, 00:35

Nomanymore wrote:That's why I said " not.... yet" , I believe people will luve this character soon or later when he does things for Mizuki :roll
Fair enough. :lol It would be interesting seeing how Sano would warm up and care for Mizuki in his own way. X3

Oh your sig made me gush for bit. :D drunken sano. -dances-

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 20th, '07, 00:36

wat3rm3lon wrote:
NanaTorigawa wrote:nbo killign the bird...*Chase wat3rm3lon out of yard*

Anyway... i'm looking at the manga.. and reading when she goes back tot the U.S...
Tell me what volumeee! When you find it XD.
Hmm. Yeah. People think that the first season might end that way.
But I think that might be too much like Hana Yori Dango.

Errr. Hana Kimi shoul be its own thing.
It's too much like Hana Yori Dango.
Hmm.

I still love it though :D.
It volume 12 i think... it has Gibert on the front...
Who care if it end kinda like hana yori Dango... so far Hana-kimi reminds me greatly of Hana yori dango.... then again that should be why it should change...

BTW....I have been taking naps all day long since i'm really sleepy... so anyway i was taking a nap and now i realize how crazy i am fo not only hana-kimi but for JE Bands....

My dream was a all out wit fight between hana-kimi cast and the JE group NEWS.... Kayashima was against Yuya... it freaks me out....

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 00:41

^ U're also fan of NewS LoL well, I'd die if they're really in this crazy dorm LoL

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Jul 20th, '07, 00:43

one question, is this drama currently filming and airing it each week, then airing another episode and then airing it the next week, etc.? Or is it like...all done but then only give it each week once? im kinda confused about that, cause they said that there was some contest for good looking ppl to audition for so they could be in the drama in japan---??

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 00:44

Skibblu wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:That's why I said " not.... yet" , I believe people will luve this character soon or later when he does things for Mizuki :roll
Fair enough. :lol It would be interesting seeing how Sano would warm up and care for Mizuki in his own way. X3

Oh your sig made me gush for bit. :D drunken sano. -dances-
Another thing that surprised me that I didn't mention.....
Fans seem like to be more interested in the Sano & Nakatsu's kiss than Sano & Mizuki's :crazy:

ok well that part was hilarious but for a "simple minded" person as me, the one between Mizuki & Sano was way hotter & cuter :wub: :roll
Last edited by Nomanymore on Jul 20th, '07, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 00:45

euniceng446 wrote:one question, is this drama currently filming and airing it each week, then airing another episode and then airing it the next week, etc.? Or is it like...all done but then only give it each week once? im kinda confused about that, cause they said that there was some contest for good looking ppl to audition for so they could be in the drama in japan---??
They're still filming it ^__^ I think they film one eps in advance each time :)

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Jul 20th, '07, 00:52

ohhh okay, i see what you mean. thanks :)

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jul 20th, '07, 01:14

Two points I wanted to bring up:

1. Even though I haven't seen HYD in a long time, I'm not seeing how it's so phenomenally similar to Hana Kimi as some people here seem to claim. Oh, wait. I DO see a similarity! It's set in a school. Whoop-di-do. :glare:

2. Why are some of the people, who whined like babies earlier about people comparing the Taiwanese Hana Kimi to this show, all of a suddenly find it okay to compare this show to HYD? To those people, I give you the ranking of:

FAIL

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 20th, '07, 01:33

Lmao.
I decided to watch the second episode again. Since I was bored.
But yeah. I found something freaking' funny.

Around the time of 41:51. Kayashima in the background of Nakatsu just tapped Nakao's butt. And then he started smiling about it.

Was it just me?
Gawd he's so cute.

:lol.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 01:34

oh yea u have to rewatch every scene again & again cuz things happen on the background is just simply amazing LoL

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 01:36

XiaoPauli wrote:Two points I wanted to bring up:

1. Even though I haven't seen HYD in a long time, I'm not seeing how it's so phenomenally similar to Hana Kimi as some people here seem to claim. Oh, wait. I DO see a similarity! It's set in a school. Whoop-di-do. :glare:

2. Why are some of the people, who whined like babies earlier about people comparing the Taiwanese Hana Kimi to this show, all of a suddenly find it okay to compare this show to HYD? To those people, I give you the ranking of:

FAIL
I dun't see anyone here really compare Hana Kimi with HYD, except they talk about the fan girl things & the ending.. We just have our guess & have fun with it. I dun't see anything wrong with it.

Plus, Dun't just show up from no where & give judgement about people u dunno like that :goggle:

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jul 20th, '07, 01:46

Nomanymore wrote:Plus, Dun't just show up from no where & give judgement about people u dunno like that :goggle:
Hmm? I'm here every now and then, but this thread updates so fast that it would look like I showed up out of no where. I'm just not reading this thread 24/7 like the others.

To clarify, I had no intention of flaming this thread. That would be baseless. But I skim the main points in the the thread every other day and notice a trend that people who read this thread frequently probably miss, and that's the points I brought up earlier. And those points were geared towards those hypocritical individuals who bash people for doing something innocent, and then doing it themselves without remorse. If that's not hypocrisy, I don't know what is.

I just hope that people do try their best to stick to the topic and not compare the show to HYD, as some of us respected the wishes of those people who told us to not compare this show to the Taiwanese version. If someone doesn't point it out, it might end up getting worse, not better.

I don't have anything against you though, Nomanymore. I hope you feel the same against me, or things will get weird between us. :lol

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 20th, '07, 01:54

sorry i mentioned that it was liek HYD... i feel bad now... i was just saying because i dodn't want people hating Hana-kimi if ti has the same ending as HYD...
And i really love HYD so if i say Hana-kimi has some smilarities or is the same then that is complementing Hana-kimi... no matter what it has simalarits.. both came from popular manga(Also that face that both manga came out same time....)
Both have TW counter parts

And i never said anything about comparing the TW and Japanese ones... 9the fact that i was in the hospital watching was strange...) i liek the TW one... and i have never tried to compare it...

I'm proboly sayign this for notihig.. but now i really feel sad that i compared HYD to HK.....

anyway... about my dream...@Nomanymore: i'm not a fan of NewS... I actrally don't like them... thats why HK cast was fighting agains NewS....
Still Kayashima fighting Tegoshi and he won... by locking Kayashima in a room...
then i woke up... this is very very sad thing...

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 01:59

XiaoPauli wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:Plus, Dun't just show up from no where & give judgement about people u dunno like that :goggle:
Hmm? I'm here every now and then, but this thread updates so fast that it would look like I showed up out of no where. I'm just not reading this thread 24/7 like the others.

To clarify, I had no intention of flaming this thread. That would be baseless. But I skim the main points in the the thread every other day and notice a trend that people who read this thread frequently probably miss, and that's the points I brought up earlier. And those points were geared towards those hypocritical individuals who bash people for doing something innocent, and then doing it themselves without remorse. If that's not hypocrisy, I don't know what is.

I just hope that people do try their best to stick to the topic and not compare the show to HYD, as some of us respected the wishes of those people who told us to not compare this show to the Taiwanese version. If someone doesn't point it out, it might end up getting worse, not better.

I don't have anything against you though, Nomanymore. I hope you feel the same against me, or things will get weird between us. :lol
I get what u mean.. I didn't mean anything either, jsut that becuz I dun't see u post frequently so... ^^;

I agree about hypocrite people, but so far I dun't see that many in this thread so it's ok for me, akaka

Anyways, let's shake hands. I hate argument too, seriously LoL

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jul 20th, '07, 02:00

NanaTorigawa wrote:sorry i mentioned that it was liek HYD... i feel bad now... i was just saying because i dodn't want people hating Hana-kimi if ti has the same ending as HYD...
And i really love HYD so if i say Hana-kimi has some smilarities or is the same then that is complementing Hana-kimi... no matter what it has simalarits.. both came from popular manga(Also that face that both manga came out same time....)
Both have TW counter parts
Oh, it's not that! My post wasn't geared to people like you at all! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

My post was geared to people who whined bitterly to people who compared it to the TW Hana Kimi, and THEN compared it to HYD themselves. I think that if those individuals don't agree to comparing it to the TW Hana Kimi, it would be very hypocritical for them to compare it to HYD.

I honestly see nothing wrong with comparing it to either shows (except for those people described above).
Last edited by XiaoPauli on Jul 20th, '07, 02:08, edited 2 times in total.

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 20th, '07, 02:02

Gah. Sorry Ran, for getting you involved.
I was the one talking about Hana Yori Dango.

Sorry then, to have bothered you.
XiaoPauli.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 02:02

NanaTorigawa wrote:anyway... about my dream...@Nomanymore: i'm not a fan of NewS... I actrally don't like them... thats why HK cast was fighting agains NewS....
Still Kayashima fighting Tegoshi and he won... by locking Kayashima in a room...
oh.. we can't be friends then.. lol jk

I luve NewS to bit so it'll be a dream for me to see any of them appear as guest in this show XD XD, I'd squeal lol

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jul 20th, '07, 02:04

wat3rm3lon wrote:Sorry then, to have bothered you.
XiaoPauli.
What? That's so silly, wat3rm3lon. I love reading your posts.

Well, I guess we better get back to the discussion at hand. Dang, I swear the students at the end of Episode 2 look like they had some wicked frat party! I never seen anything like that happen in my high school. :lol

I ranted more than I originally planned. Back to thread stalker watching mode. See you guys in the next twenty pages.
Last edited by XiaoPauli on Jul 20th, '07, 02:10, edited 2 times in total.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 20th, '07, 02:07

Nomanymore wrote:
NanaTorigawa wrote:anyway... about my dream...@Nomanymore: i'm not a fan of NewS... I actrally don't like them... thats why HK cast was fighting agains NewS....

I luve NewS to bit so it'll be a dream for me to see any of them appear as guest in this show XD XD, I'd squeal lol
Well i really like other JE... but i have a strange problem... when i listen to a band i never liek them if they are more then 6 memebers... i actrually like NewS with the song Sayaendou... the same with J.J.Express.. i didn'y like J.J.Express but i like Hey! Say!7

@XiaoPauli- okay now i don't feel that bad... and i know i do not have a life and am on her all the time... but remeber this i'm a 15 year old on summer break...in coupel of weeks i will not be on here as much... i'm not goign to be on here much next week...

Edit
BTW.... i'm goign to see that Kayashima touching nakao's butt scene...
i like Nakao in the manga... what happen... (The actor scaries me.. i saw him in Water boys.... and he was wearing a one peice water suit.... and was a rich boy.... bad inpresson of him)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 02:12

NanaTorigawa wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:

Well i really like other JE... but i have a strange problem... when i listen to a band i never liek them if they are more then 6 memebers... i actrually like NewS with the song Sayaendou... the same with J.J.Express.. i didn'y like J.J.Express but i like Hey! Say!7

@XiaoPauli- okay now i don't feel that bad... and i know i do not have a life and am on her all the time... but remeber this i'm a 15 year old on summer break...in coupel of weeks i will not be on here as much... i'm not goign to be on here much next week...

Edit
BTW.... i'm goign to see that Kayashima touching nakao's butt scene...
i like Nakao in the manga... what happen... (The actor scaries me.. i saw him in Water boys.... and he was wearing a one peice water suit.... and was a rich boy.... bad inpresson of him)
Oh well NewS is 6 members now ^__^ seriously I luve all their songs, I mean all !! it's probably the reason makes me fan of them becuz it doesn't happen to any other groups ,aakka

okay let's stay in with Hana Kimi !

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 20th, '07, 02:17

Yah we kinda got off topic their

anyway about that part... i think Kayashima was tring to get Nakao's attention...

Another part is at the beginign with drunk sano asleep...
1st. Nakatsu is slapping Sano's butt...
And
2... Sano has a big red smack mark on his face but i think i disapears really quickly after that....

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 02:19

^ oh yeah that was freaking adorable LoL But I was hoping that it last little longer LoL

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 20th, '07, 02:23

ytah i was mentioning it since no one seem to mention it before...

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 20th, '07, 02:25

NanaTorigawa wrote:Yah we kinda got off topic their

anyway about that part... i think Kayashima was tring to get Nakao's attention...

Another part is at the beginign with drunk sano asleep...
1st. Nakatsu is slapping Sano's butt...
And
2... Sano has a big red smack mark on his face but i think i disapears really quickly after that....
But, he looked like he enjoyed it. Ahahh. Pshh whatever,
It was awfully cute :lol.
Also in the second episode.
Where Kayashima visits the 3rd dorm.
And he's like.
"This is the first time I failed."

He looked so good there. OMG.

Can anyone post a screeniee.
I'll love you X].

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 20th, '07, 02:26

Nomanymore wrote:^ oh yeah that was freaking adorable LoL But I was hoping that it last little longer LoL
OMG YEAH.
Like the next day!

And everyone's like staring at Sano.
Lol.

Pshh. Good scene though, good scene :D.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 20th, '07, 02:30

i'll get soem Sceenie shots from ep 2 for you.... it take me awhile...
i will even do what i did last time and Make jokes... (I'm bored sorry...)

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 20th, '07, 02:57

just dropping by to say that episode 3 is the best! toma is :wub: :wub: :wub:

shaay

Post by shaay » Jul 20th, '07, 03:09

Omg, I just watched ep. 3 and Toma as Nakatsu is just so funny and cute. I'm sure there are mixed feelings about Sano in this one but I really have to say I loved him in this ep too. Especially in the scene where he pleads with Mizuki's brother to allow her to stay and then acts like he had nothing to do with it later when Mizuki finds out her brother went back to the US. Oh and the lie detector. Funniest thing ever! I can't wait for the next ep. Hopefully there be some SanoxMizuki moments and I can't wait to see more Nakatsu and Mizuki moments also.

xsakaiie

Post by xsakaiie » Jul 20th, '07, 03:13

shaay wrote:Omg, I just watched ep. 3 and Toma as Nakatsu is just so funny and cute. I'm sure there are mixed feelings about Sano in this one but I really have to say I loved him in this ep too. Especially in the scene where he pleads with Mizuki's brother to allow her to stay and then acts like he had nothing to do with it later when Mizuki finds out her brother went back to the US. Oh and the lie detector. Funniest thing ever! I can't wait for the next ep. Hopefully there be some SanoxMizuki moments and I can't wait to see more Nakatsu and Mizuki moments also.
Yeah the lie detector!! Mizuki is lucky there was the new about the dormitory closing or else... hahahaha the guy will surely question her about the bra until she spills it all :lol !

Yeah, Sano's just great. I love when he acts as if it was impossible that he had met Mizuki's brother and with that, it was so funny when Mizuki was trying to prevent her brother from coming so she tried to "block" the door xD :roll omg, she is such a cuty!

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 20th, '07, 03:23

here are the screen shots....
This is a strange picture...
Is it just me or does Umeda look like he is having fun?
The director is cheating...
Nanba is mad at Nakao... and look at Nakatsu's hands... hahah
There is a kid smiling at Nanba cring.... hahaha...
I dare him to jump off... hahaha
When Nakatsu Finds out his love....
He walking around the pole... does that really calm you down?
He has paint on his nose.... when they say go for make-up i didn't think it ment that... he proboly had fun doing that
She scaries me... and alittle bit of Sekime's nose again...
trying to get out... but with everyone.. still can't open the door...
"I'm the ****"... this is so pointless... he thinks he so cool... hahaha. And i think he is afraid of Nakatsu....
Nakao... he really is growing on me.. I'm i strange.. avtrally this actor in Water boys had the perfect hair to be Nakao... i wish this actor would dress as a girl... i want to see that...
i feel sorry for the guy with the face full of food... and actrally i think Sano says A-chan or it just him drunk tring to say Ashiya... but i think i hear A-chan...
Nanba still eats it...
Nakastsu is slaping his butt... hahah...
Their is the slap mark... haha
I'll post more later....

kotatsulove

Post by kotatsulove » Jul 20th, '07, 03:26

haha those are awesome! thanks so much!!! Sano drunk...just ahh! adorable!

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 20th, '07, 03:28

also in one of those pictures there is a guy that had his hand on hi head looking liek he is goign crazy...

xmoonprincessx

Post by xmoonprincessx » Jul 20th, '07, 03:39

LOL yes episode 3....
i mean seriously....how many guys will find panties and a bra just lying in the hallway and then procede to pick them up and put the panties on their heads and wear the bra, and THEN (as if that wasnt enough) stand on a table in the middle of a public cafeteria and dance while singing "I LOVE WOMEN! IM NOT HOMO!" hahahaha that was my favorite part...i must have watched it like 50 times. And the lie detector! priceless...hahaha i want one!!

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 04:15

^ I can only think of Nakatsu, I doubt that Akira would do that ^^; he's not that "crazy" LoL

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 20th, '07, 04:25

BTW.... Here is a chart Manga vs live action...
This is not spoiler... they are just big pictures... so feel free to look...

Startign with Nanba and Nakao
The Three best friends!!
Sekime and Kayashima(To tell the truth that is my best Sekime manga picture)
Tennouji and Himejime(when Himejime is a 3rd year hee looks like this..)
Those are the main charaters....

akai_14

Post by akai_14 » Jul 20th, '07, 05:20

does anyone know where i can find some screencaps for episode 3?

xsakaiie

Post by xsakaiie » Jul 20th, '07, 05:22

xmoonprincessx wrote:LOL yes episode 3....
i mean seriously....how many guys will find panties and a bra just lying in the hallway and then procede to pick them up and put the panties on their heads and wear the bra, and THEN (as if that wasnt enough) stand on a table in the middle of a public cafeteria and dance while singing "I LOVE WOMEN! IM NOT HOMO!" hahahaha that was my favorite part...i must have watched it like 50 times. And the lie detector! priceless...hahaha i want one!!
Not to mention that ...
How can he know if those underwears are clean or not :lol he just put it on his head :blink LOL.. and actually, WHO put those underwears in the middle of the hallway like that :roll because that means that 'someone' went into Mizuki's room to TAKE them and throw, no, arrange them on the hallway xD !
Anyways, I'm expecting to see some more Sano-Mizuki scenes :cry: I want to see the sparkles between them; COME ON SANO! YOU KNOW ...
SHE'S A GIRL!!!
blahhh. . . Let's just wait and see!

Lol, we're only to episode 3 and people are already guessing for the ending :w00t: !! Me personally, I wouldn't mind if they end with Sano and Mizuki kissing ... or hugging ... :wub: But, I'm not anxious for the ending; I still wanna enjoy this drama for quite sometime...also, this drama is gonna end around September, and September = school... :glare:

Yoroshiku

Post by Yoroshiku » Jul 20th, '07, 05:29

this drama is so funny!! loving it.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 05:42

xsakaiie wrote: Not to mention that ...
How can he know if those underwears are clean or not :lol he just put it on his head :blink LOL.. and actually, WHO put those underwears in the middle of the hallway like that :roll because that means that 'someone' went into Mizuki's room to TAKE them and throw, no, arrange them on the hallway xD !
Anyways, I'm expecting to see some more Sano-Mizuki scenes :cry: I want to see the sparkles between them; COME ON SANO! YOU KNOW ...
SHE'S A GIRL!!!

Lol, we're only to episode 3 and people are already guessing for the ending :w00t: !! Me personally, I wouldn't mind if they end with Sano and Mizuki kissing ... or hugging ... :wub: But, I'm not anxious for the ending; I still wanna enjoy this drama for quite sometime...also, this drama is gonna end around September, and September = school... :glare:
uhm I dun't think those are Mizuki's but one of those Blossom's girls ^^;

yeah I want more Mizuki&Sano moments too , akak but I think we just have to wait to see what they're reserved for us :roll

crabbyrat

Post by crabbyrat » Jul 20th, '07, 07:14

Haha if nobody else will make a case for Nakatsu... I will definitely explain why I like him over Sano.

Sooo I've been a HUGE fan of Nakatsu even since the manga when apparently everyone favored Sano. My main issue with Sano is that he seems like the typical shoujo manga hero-- cold, reserved, cute at times. And while maybe the girls want to "save" him and "change" him, in real life, he would piss me off.

Now Nakatsu may be a typical shoujo character at first glance, but as the manga goes on, I realized he is more than that. I'm not spoiling the manga or anything here, but he does some amazing things, and deals with this unrequited love towards somebody who he thinks is a boy and has to deal with the belief that he is gay. Later in the manga we get to see a side of Nakatsu that almost made me cry, to be perfectly honest. He is an amazing friend and an intriguing person. It's like the story of why he dyed his hair blonde. Who'd have thought?? But what turned me around completely was the

*manga spoiler*
time when Nakatsu was accused of cheating.
How he dealt with it really impressed me, because I could never act the way he did. Now, I admit that manga Sano was REALLY sexy, and I approve of their relationship. But it's sad to me when people think that Nakatsu is just the "funny" guy, because to me, he is more than that. Have you noticed he's my favorite manga character EVER?? Hahaha :-) But yeah, I'll definitely support him whenever I can :P Plus I became a big fan of Toma right before the drama came out, so it definitely helped a bit :thumright:

Hmm I guess I did spoil the manga, huh? Sorry.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jul 20th, '07, 08:44

i haven`t read the manga or anything but as things are now i`ll really feel sorry for nakatsu if mizuki ends up with sano!for anyone who has seen peach girl (anime)it`s kinda the same situation..........there was this cool guy...........but reserved and stuff and the girl was so inlove with him and there was this guy that was always playing jokesand was always there for her ...........but the end was exactly as i hoped it will :cheers: she ended up with the jokey guy! :mrgreen: :wub: i felt sorry for the other one but in my oppinion the jokey guy deserved to be with her! :P

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 20th, '07, 12:59

Nomanymore wrote:
xsakaiie wrote: Not to mention that ...
SHE'S A GIRL!!!

uhm I dun't think those are Mizuki's but one of those Blossom's girls ^^;

yeah I want more Mizuki&Sano moments too , akak but I think we just have to wait to see what they're reserved for us :roll
Yah they where the St Blossom girl's underwear...
If you see the next part the girl takign them off Nakatsu says, "These are mine"
and if you think of it...
Yuujiro
stealling them and because he
a dog
he left them there... not like a person ment to put them their....

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 13:51

crabbyrat wrote:Haha if nobody else will make a case for Nakatsu... I will definitely explain why I like him over Sano.

Sooo I've been a HUGE fan of Nakatsu even since the manga when apparently everyone favored Sano. My main issue with Sano is that he seems like the typical shoujo manga hero-- cold, reserved, cute at times. And while maybe the girls want to "save" him and "change" him, in real life, he would piss me off.

Now Nakatsu may be a typical shoujo character at first glance, but as the manga goes on, I realized he is more than that. I'm not spoiling the manga or anything here, but he does some amazing things, and deals with this unrequited love towards somebody who he thinks is a boy and has to deal with the belief that he is gay. Later in the manga we get to see a side of Nakatsu that almost made me cry, to be perfectly honest. He is an amazing friend and an intriguing person. It's like the story of why he dyed his hair blonde. Who'd have thought?? But what turned me around completely was the

*manga spoiler*
How he dealt with it really impressed me, because I could never act the way he did. Now, I admit that manga Sano was REALLY sexy, and I approve of their relationship. But it's sad to me when people think that Nakatsu is just the "funny" guy, because to me, he is more than that. Have you noticed he's my favorite manga character EVER?? Hahaha :-) But yeah, I'll definitely support him whenever I can :P Plus I became a big fan of Toma right before the drama came out, so it definitely helped a bit :thumright:

I didn't completely consider Nakatsu as a "clown" of the serie, I know he has other side of him too, he also has emo moments in the manga... But for the moment of the drama, he is one of the characters that makes me laugh out loud in the serie, that ends there.. And me who's fond of emo/touching moments of a drama, I can't say if I was really touched by this character ...

The reason I choose Sano over him is that what Mizuki & him does for each other.. I talk about the Jdrama now, cuz it's different from the manga anyway. In Peach, it's different becuz the jokey guy is not really like Nakatsu, he's teasing, playing around but alwayz support & helps the girl in any way he could & even sacrifices for her.. Here up to now Nakatsu didn't really do anything meaning for Mizuki.. okay he's there to listen to her, but just as a friend, he could never understand completely what intrigues Mizuki. Sano, so far in the drama appears as a cold, heartless guy, or u can say a typic hero in shojo manga, yeah I totally agree... Many fans say that he has advantage knowing Mizuki's secret, that's why he can get close to her.. Beside just imagine if Nakatsu knew that secret, do u think with such character, would he be able to keep in silent to protect her or anything else ?... I think the author didn't make Sano's character like this just in random.. :roll I dunno how about u guys but I felt really touched by all the word Sano said to Mizuki's brother.. At 1st knowing that she's a girl, he still keeps his calm & thinks carefully, if it were Nakatsu, I'm not sure lol he probably jumps around excitedly for no reason ^^; And again that shows that Sano is & will be alwayz the one who understands how Mizuki feels really. & hey dun't forget that he is the whole REASON she came back to Japan!

I just want clarify sthing before I stop, I LIKE Nakatsu !! (perhaps not as much as Akira who ends up to be my fav character in NwP lol) It just seems odd to me that every fan now goes for Nakatsu. I understand that, but I dun't like to see some misjudge about Sano's character, well sure becuz he's my fav character in the manga. Tell me that I'm too classic, yup that's how I am.
AGAIN, to those fans, pliz wait for some more eps before concluding sthing as " I'll be sad if Mizuki doesn't end up with Nakatsu.." or worse " It'll suck if Nakatsu has to suffer alone in the end.." :crazy: hey this is a comedy so I can guarantee u that nobody will get hurt in the end ,but if there is, it'll be the main couple !!
Last edited by Nomanymore on Jul 20th, '07, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Jul 20th, '07, 15:16

Nomanymore wrote:I didn't completely consider Nakatsu as a "clown" of the serie, I know he has other side of him too, he also has emo moments in the manga... But for the moment of the drama, he is one of the characters that makes me laugh out loud in the serie, that ends there.. And me who's fond of emo/touching moments of a drama, I can't say if I was really touched by this character ...

The reason I choose Sano over him is that what Mizuki & him does for each other.. I talk about the Jdrama now, cuz it's different from the manga anyway. In Peach, it's different becuz the jokey guy is not really like Nakatsu, he's teasing, playing around but alwayz support & helps the girl in any way he could & even sacrifices for her.. Here up to now Nakatsu didn't really do anything meaning for Mizuki.. okay he's there to listen to her, but just as a friend, he could never understand completely what intrigues Mizuki. Sano, so far in the drama appears as a cold, heartless guy, or u can say a typic hero in shojo manga, yeah I totally agree... Many fans say that he has advantage knowing Mizuki's secret, that's why he can get close to her.. Beside just imagine if Nakatsu knew that secret, do u think with such character, would he be able to keep in silent to protect her or anything else ?... I think the author didn't make Sano's character like this just in random.. :roll I dunno how about u guys but I felt really touched by all the word Sano said to Mizuki's brother.. At 1st knowing that she's a girl, he still keeps his calm & thinks carefully, if it were Nakatsu, I'm not sure lol he probably jumps around excitedly for no reason ^^; And again that shows that Sano is & will be alwayz the one who understands how Mizuki feels really. & hey dun't forget that he is the whole REASON she came back to Japan!

I just want clarify sthing before I stop, I LIKE Nakatsu !! (perhaps not as much as Akira who ends up to be my fav character in NwP lol) It just seems odd to me that every fan now goes for Nakatsu. I understand that, but I dun't like to see wome misjudge about Sano's character, well sure becuz he's my fav character in the manga. Tell me that I'm too classic, yup that's how I am.
AGAIN, to those fans, pliz wait for some more eps before concluding sthing as " I'll be sad if Mizuki doesn't end up with Nakatsu.." or worse " It'll suck if Nakatsu has to suffer alone in the end.." :crazy: hey this is a comedy so I can guarantee u that nobody will get hurt in the end ,but if there is, it'll be the main couple !!
yep i agree, sano's words were really moving when he was talking to mizuki's brother, he's so great in that scene, you can really feel his sincerity :D

i actually like all the characters in the drama, they're all really funny and colorful, i do like nakatsu too (although i think i like himejima more in this drama, hahaha!) but i really like sano's sweetness and his way of caring for mizuki which we'll probably see in the following episodes... :D

sorry, not really good with words :-)

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 20th, '07, 15:33

Haha... i actrally falling for the evil Nakao... and i love nanba too...
At the begining of the manga i use to like Nakatsu but then my taste in charaters changes and i liked umeda...

I have to say if i was to rank them here is my Rank(Drama version)
1.Kayashima
2.Umeda
3.Nanba
4.Nakao
5.Nakatsu

The last three swich around alot thou...

i have to say too... out of all the eps od Hana-kimi i love this last ep... Episode 3... its gettign better!!!

i wonder if they are goign to mention the relations between Umeda and Nanba?
Hum...
and i wonder if they are goign to have some more intresting Nakao moments....

Wondering.....

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Jul 20th, '07, 15:43

im seriously ADDICTED!!! wargh, i cant wait to see ep 4!!!!!

xsakaiie

Post by xsakaiie » Jul 20th, '07, 17:04

crabbyrat wrote:
[...]

*manga spoiler*

Wow, I didn't know that. Since I h aven't read the manga, I sorta understand why you might feel uneasy when people are taking NAkatsu as the 'funny' guy, but again, I think most people who really watch the drama, it is understandable that Nakatsu is more than just the funny guy like parts were he is referring to his grand-mother; I thought it was really touching when he said something like "Now I can be with you all the time", because she died. But yes, I agree with you that he's a character we have to notice :)
Nomanymore wrote: I didn't completely consider Nakatsu as a "clown" of the serie, I know he has other side of him too, he also has emo moments in the manga... But for the moment of the drama, he is one of the characters that makes me laugh out loud in the serie, that ends there.. And me who's fond of emo/touching moments of a drama, I can't say if I was really touched by this character ...

I just want clarify sthing before I stop, I LIKE Nakatsu !! (perhaps not as much as Akira who ends up to be my fav character in NwP lol) It just seems odd to me that every fan now goes for Nakatsu. I understand that, but I dun't like to see some misjudge about Sano's character, well sure becuz he's my fav character in the manga. Tell me that I'm too classic, yup that's how I am.
ahhaah, agreed too. Imagine Nakatsu knowing she's a girl, I think he wouldn't hesitate to you know, flirt or express himself...not to mention that joy knowing he's not gay :glare: !

About the underwears in the hallway, lol I watched that part a bit too fast, because yeah they werwe from St-Blossom...I was sorta messed up with later, the part where
Mizuki was being tested on the liar machine xD !

amz_dreamz

Post by amz_dreamz » Jul 20th, '07, 17:37

some how i luv the way Sawatari-kyoto say "subarashi"

may be i should practise it when i speak :D LOL

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 20th, '07, 18:41

Nomanymore wrote:
crabbyrat wrote:Haha if nobody else will make a case for Nakatsu... I will definitely explain why I like him over Sano.

*manga spoiler*

I didn't completely consider Nakatsu as a "clown" of the serie, I know he has other side of him too, he also has emo moments in the manga... But for the moment of the drama, he is one of the characters that makes me laugh out loud in the serie, that ends there.. And me who's fond of emo/touching moments of a drama, I can't say if I was really touched by this character ...

I totally agree with you, this is exactly what I want to say when everybody said nakatsu better than sano :glare:

OMG it is 194 already ..... it will be 200 page soon :alcoholic: :alcoholic: maybe befor ep 4

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Jul 20th, '07, 20:11

well maybe some people just like nakatsu better because that's their personal taste. i don't think anybody is dissing sano by liking nakatsu better. and even if they are that's just their opinion and we shouldn't try to change it.

i personally like nakatsu more than sano but that doesn't mean i hate sano. so you guys shouldn't get upset over people liking nakatsu more than sano. it's just a drama/manga anyways and the characters aren't real.

everybody has their favorites right?

xsakaiie

Post by xsakaiie » Jul 20th, '07, 20:21

ladyusagi wrote:well maybe some people just like nakatsu better because that's their personal taste. i don't think anybody is dissing sano by liking nakatsu better. and even if they are that's just their opinion and we shouldn't try to change it.

i personally like nakatsu more than sano but that doesn't mean i hate sano. so you guys shouldn't get upset over people liking nakatsu more than sano. it's just a drama/manga anyways and the characters aren't real.

ha, there's no worry about that :) This thread seems to be running smoothly;; I'm so glad there are no biased people herE!! hurray!! :lol we're almost to 200 pages;;

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 20:30

ladyusagi wrote:well maybe some people just like nakatsu better because that's their personal taste. i don't think anybody is dissing sano by liking nakatsu better. and even if they are that's just their opinion and we shouldn't try to change it.

I dun't want to change anyone opinion, I never had that intention as some of them do.
I just want to explain my own choice & I dun't really care if it matters to anyone out there lol :whistling:

crabbyrat

Post by crabbyrat » Jul 20th, '07, 21:36

I agree with all of you. I mean, I still ADORE Sano, but I'm totally biased in favor of Nakatsu, forgive me :lol

All of you guys are very respectful and I haven't heard any flaming. And as I mentioned before, I feel that Mizuki and Sano are a terrific couple, but I feel some people (not you guys necessarily) take Nakatsu for granted. And yes I'm pulling on the manga because there's only been 3 episodes of the drama so far and I think it's unfair to judge the characters (especially Sano) just based on this. However, I am very glad that this drama has an understanding of Nakatsu's character that is similar to my view of him, and Toma's executed this character perfectly.

Now, I love all of these characters above other story's characters, so it's not like I dislike any of them. In fact, I adore most of the characters in this story, more than any other manga/drama I've encountered :P

Oh and you don't know how happy I was that Momo-chan picked Kiley/Kairi in Peach Girl because of my Nakatsu bias. Yaaay!!

...yeah and that's why I'm excited that people favor Nakatsu (for now), because I'm sure as the storyline develops, they will convert to loving Sano, hahaha :-)

Plus... if I do recall, there was a question earlier of why people prefer Nakatsu over Sano, right? So I just posted my 'case for Nakatsu' to explain why I did. No harsh feelings intended at all :D

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Jul 21st, '07, 00:08

I'm completely in LOVE with the character Sano, with or without his good looks [[but there is no harm in having some charm :)]] He has that bad-boy; you're a total loser, leave me alone, attitude, and he seems soooo cute when he trys to look like he doesn't care but he really does. And in real life, he would seem like a total jackass but when you get to know him, his sweet side is revealed and sooner or later, he can come out of his shell and that's just REALLY kool to see. BUT i still LOOOVE Nakatsu, he's so funny and much fun to be around if i were one of his friends. nothing against him, i just like sano a tiny lil bit more.

xsakaiie

Post by xsakaiie » Jul 21st, '07, 00:33

now that I look back, I jst hope Sano will make his hairstyle 'less' girly -_- I would have prefer it there was less gel; Gosh, that's the only flaw :D, but it's not his fault, it's the hairstylist!!
. . .
euniceng446: YEAH! I want Sano to come out of his shell asap! He gotta be some warm hearted guy larr and I bet (from the sneak peek of ep.4) that he'll act like a protector over Mizuki, now knowing she's a girl and rans a LOT of risks!

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Jul 21st, '07, 00:37

^ YES YES YES! He better!

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Jul 21st, '07, 00:40

omg, NAKATSU LOOK SO ADORABLE IN THE UNDERWEAR!!!!
and yeah, people SANO IS BACK to his normal self...
yay ~ *ep4 ep4 ep4 ep4 ep4*

:- currently addicted to izumi, shuiichi and sekime!!!!

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Jul 21st, '07, 01:13

I love hanazakari no kimitachi e!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait for ep. 4!!!!!!!!

xsakaiie

Post by xsakaiie » Jul 21st, '07, 01:16

talking about ep.4; if the ep is on Tuesday, normally, how many days do you guys need to make it hardsub :unsure: I was just wondering... NOT RUSHING AT ALL :D !!

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Jul 21st, '07, 01:22

OMG i canot wait, but no rush ppl, take your time subbing!! :):

xsakaiie: I think it usually takes a day or two...at most 3 days till you get subs, you can get them in one or two days in veoh!. its really great. SO it's not exactly a week we have to wait for lol.

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Jul 21st, '07, 01:51

3 days if you want the subs *sobs*
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i'll go crazy.
by the way, do you guys read hana kimi fanfictions? i read a lot of it in www.fanfiction.net
there's a couple of stories which i laughed and cried. check it out and i also make fanfics. LOL~

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Jul 21st, '07, 02:08

thanks for the sites. one question, what's the difference between hard subs and soft subs?

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Jul 21st, '07, 02:10

by the way iruka92: i love your icon/avatar, I LOVE DENNIS OH!!!! lol okay getting off topic. HANA KIMI ROCK!!! lol

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Jul 21st, '07, 02:12

euniceng446 wrote:thanks for the sites. one question, what's the difference between hard subs and soft subs?
Hardsubs are videos that already have english subtitles embedded in it. Softsubs is when you have the video and the srt file to watch.

Hardsub - 1 video embeded with subs
Softsubs - 1 video and 1 srt file

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Jul 21st, '07, 02:15

oh okay thanks.

xsakaiie

Post by xsakaiie » Jul 21st, '07, 02:18

iruka92 wrote:3 days if you want the subs *sobs*
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i'll go crazy.
by the way, do you guys read hana kimi fanfictions? i read a lot of it in www.fanfiction.net
there's a couple of stories which i laughed and cried. check it out and i also make fanfics. LOL~
I'll wait till I finish this drama before looking for the fanfiction, lol. Three days huh, well, what a chance it doesn't take up to a week! That'll be so cruel, and yes I watched hana kimi in Veoh, better quality compared to Youtube;; and we can download it :P Such a great server!

Wongo

Post by Wongo » Jul 21st, '07, 02:18

Can't wait till epsiode 4....

Is it hard for them to change soft subs to hard subs?

xsakaiie

Post by xsakaiie » Jul 21st, '07, 02:25

Wongo wrote:Can't wait till epsiode 4....

Is it hard for them to change soft subs to hard subs?
I think it's all about a software to make the sub permanently onto the vid. I don't actually know how exactly it's done, but one thing's for sure; it's less complicated than soft sub (for the viewer) since you gotta know how to make the .str file sub to 'stick' together with the vid...

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Jul 21st, '07, 02:27

^ I dont think its hard cause they only cut the hard subs video into different parts....right?

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Jul 21st, '07, 02:57

^ since hard subs are already on the videos...im only guessing.

xsakaiie

Post by xsakaiie » Jul 21st, '07, 03:00

euniceng446 wrote:^ since hard subs are already on the videos...im only guessing.
<But you gotta do something for the sub to get on the video, and that's what I'm talking about. because sub are str file or something like that while the video is, for ej. .avi file.. and there's a certain technique or way to make the sub stay on the video permanently... Soft sub, you can watch it on your computer but you can't burn them on dvd and watch with the sub, because once burned, it'll be consider like two different files... I guess.