Koi no Chikara

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
uberathlete

Koi no Chikara

Post by uberathlete » Jun 8th, '07, 16:04

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if you guys have seen Koi no Chikara? It stars Fukatsu Eri, Tsutsumi Shinichi and Yada Akiko. I haven't seen it so I'd like you're opinions. How was it? Was it any good? Also, has this series ever been fansubbed?

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jun 11th, '07, 00:58

I highly recommend watching Koi no Chikara. It's one of my favourites after all this while due to the great cast, particularly Fukatsu Eri, Tsutsumi Shinichi and Nishimura Masahiko, and chemistry. One of those dramas where you can keenly feel the cast immersed and enjoying their roles. The storyline is simple. It focuses on the lead characters Nukui Kotaro, played by Tsutsumi Shinichi, a creative director in Universal, a major advertising company, who decides in a spurt of rebelliousness and anger to set up his own agency together with Sakaguchi Kenji's character, a rising creative designer; and Fukatsu Eri's Motomiya Tohko, a woman who works in the administrative department of Universal and just turned 30 morose about her career and romantic prospects.

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Jun 14th, '07, 03:58

I would also highly recommend Koi no Chikara. The story is perhaps not too original or groundbreaking, but it does offer a catchy song, great chemistry between the actors, and this overall positive, can-do feeling whether it comes to romance or career. You might try eBay if you don't mind the cost - last I checked, there was someone selling a nice DVD boxset with subs included.

By the way, a note for drama trivia fans like myself:
It's the second drama after Yamato Nadeshiko where Yada Akiko gets dumped by Tsutsumi Shinichi. The two dramas also share other cast and crew.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jun 15th, '07, 00:54

lzydata wrote:
It's the second drama after Yamato Nadeshiko where Yada Akiko gets dumped by Tsutsumi Shinichi. The two dramas also share other cast and crew.
I noticed that too! :D

I loved Fukatsu Eri and Tstsumi Shinichi's portrayal and chemistry. They are said to be good pals in real life. Koi no Chikara is a heartfelt and warm drama with quite a few memorable scenes, though as Izydata said, it isn't groundbreaking in any way.

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Jun 15th, '07, 10:03

raven_frost wrote:I noticed that too! :D

I loved Fukatsu Eri and Tstsumi Shinichi's portrayal and chemistry. They are said to be good pals in real life. Koi no Chikara is a heartfelt and warm drama with quite a few memorable scenes, though as Izydata said, it isn't groundbreaking in any way.
It's really nice to find someone to chat about an old drama like this :)

I'm interested to know what you found memorable. For myself, it's got to be the red wine - A LOT of red wine - the Hannibal mask thing, and the part where the three of them were hopping up and down in the cold winter morning, waiting for the deli to open.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jun 19th, '07, 00:46

lzydata wrote:
It's really nice to find someone to chat about an old drama like this :)

I'm interested to know what you found memorable. For myself, it's got to be the red wine - A LOT of red wine - the Hannibal mask thing, and the part where the three of them were hopping up and down in the cold winter morning, waiting for the deli to open.
Yeah totally.

Memorable scenes? Oh my I have lots of them probably because I've watched the drama twice. I can't seem to get enough of it. Its very uplifting, funny and warm and Fukatsu Eri as Tohko is so so charming. :D Definitely those scenes you mentioned, as well as the guys teasing and tempting Tohko when they discover she's on a self-imposed diet, the squid ink pasta, the burst balloon after the Natural Up promotion, Tohko trying to console Shogo.

Talking about this makes me want to rewatch it all over again. :mrgreen:

Herabignose

Post by Herabignose » Mar 19th, '08, 12:36

This drama looks soooooo good :D after Sailor Fuku I'm really really in need of Tsutsumi Shinichi drama XD but where can I find this drama? Was it subbed yet? Plz help

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Mar 20th, '08, 12:34

Herabignose wrote:This drama looks soooooo good :D after Sailor Fuku I'm really really in need of Tsutsumi Shinichi drama XD but where can I find this drama? Was it subbed yet? Plz help
I don't think there are English subtitles for Koi no Chikara but if you do understand Chinese, I believe there are copies available for watching on the internet.

You must definitely watch it. I not only love the show, I like the soundtrack very much.

Herabignose

Post by Herabignose » Mar 20th, '08, 13:15

raven_frost wrote:
Herabignose wrote:This drama looks soooooo good :D after Sailor Fuku I'm really really in need of Tsutsumi Shinichi drama XD but where can I find this drama? Was it subbed yet? Plz help
I don't think there are English subtitles for Koi no Chikara but if you do understand Chinese, I believe there are copies available for watching on the internet.

You must definitely watch it. I not only love the show, I like the soundtrack very much.
:-( too bad I don't understand Chinese nor Japanese, but still, can you tell me where to download it? reading all the positive comments makes me want to watch it no matter what :wub:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Apr 23rd, '08, 13:23

I found this relationship chart on a website and touched it up a little.

Kazuya_

Post by Kazuya_ » Apr 23rd, '08, 18:10

B.O.N Funsubs has decided to take on this drama as our next project! :cheers:

Please visit our fansub wiki page for updates on our progress!

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/B.O.N_FunSubs

@raven_frost, Nice! Thanks for this! :-)

zenkzenk

Post by zenkzenk » Apr 24th, '08, 03:12

:cheers:

Thanks B.O.N.!

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Apr 24th, '08, 10:14

Good to see someone's subbing this. Ganbatte :)

doramara-ba
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by doramara-ba » May 23rd, '08, 23:29

B.O.N FunSubs, thank you for deciding to sub this!

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jun 10th, '08, 15:34

There's been some delay to the start of this project but it's finally underway. You can check the status of the subbing at our fansub wiki.

I'm watching Koi no Chikara for the fifth time and I never tire of it :mrgreen:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jul 27th, '08, 05:25

Hard subs are available for the first two episodes! Check out http://fansub.d-addicts.com/B.O.N_FunSubs for more information.

Enjoy.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jul 29th, '08, 02:00

where are the hardsubs? i cant find it.. :cry:

found it!! thank you so much for the hard work!! :cheers: :wub: :thumleft:

londonsoul

Post by londonsoul » Aug 4th, '08, 04:21

i'm looking to

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Aug 4th, '08, 13:41

raven_frost wrote:I highly recommend watching Koi no Chikara. It's one of my favourites after all this while due to the great cast, particularly Fukatsu Eri, Tsutsumi Shinichi and Nishimura Masahiko, and chemistry. One of those dramas where you can keenly feel the cast immersed and enjoying their roles. The storyline is simple. It focuses on the lead characters Nukui Kotaro, played by Tsutsumi Shinichi, a creative director in Universal, a major advertising company, who decides in a spurt of rebelliousness and anger to set up his own agency together with Sakaguchi Kenji's character, a rising creative designer; and Fukatsu Eri's Motomiya Tohko, a woman who works in the administrative department of Universal and just turned 30 morose about her career and romantic prospects.
Sounds interesting, I should check it out sometime, hopefully ppl would be seeding this ^.^

doggieusa
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by doggieusa » Jan 15th, '09, 23:01

To those who are waiting, English Hardsubbed version of this drama is available here at D-addicts torrents section. Direct download available here: http://bonchu.net46.net

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 16th, '09, 15:09

This makes me want to watch it all over again. Thanks for continuing with the project! :D

aaendaus

Post by aaendaus » Jan 16th, '09, 15:28

Koi no Chikara is my favourite drama not yet completely subbed. Its so good, the subs are very fast and good as well. It's a feel good drama that will make you laugh, its so worth watching!