Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[Discussion] Yamada Taro Monogatari

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 7th, '07, 11:00

I hope its Jun! But I dont really mind that much itll be great to see any of them! I wish they would all guest star

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 7th, '07, 12:26

Honestly I hope it's Aiba. He's hardly in anything. That's just me though. =z

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 7th, '07, 12:30

yay starts in half an hour! do we know what episode an arashi member will guest in?

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Sep 7th, '07, 13:52

Yorokobi wrote:yay starts in half an hour! do we know what episode an arashi member will guest in?
the 10th... the last one.
And... it's official: it's riida! :cheers:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 7th, '07, 14:00

ahh what a great episode each time i watch a new episode of this drama im reminded how much i love it!
Takako annoyed me a bit at the beggining cause she slipped back into her prince phase but luckily she totally came through in the end and helped Taro! One of my fav relationships in this series has kinda turned out to be hers and mimuras.
But now Taro has to decide whether to go to america or not and in the preview they made it look like he will be going :O Don't leave us Taro!!! When Taro cried in this episode I was so surprised at Nino because I didnt know he could act to well, it seemed like he was really crying and feeling the emotions of the moment!
Yay next episode guest appearances from famous popular tv show host and Ohno-kun can't wait it better end well cause this has been one of my fav series this season by far!

karz000

Post by karz000 » Sep 9th, '07, 00:43

the arashi member guest is oh-chan.. i saw in arashi.vox.com hahah.

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Sep 10th, '07, 04:26

I've realised how precious this drama is after it was delayed for a week. I miss my weekly dose of Taro & Takuya. I think the Japanese audience felt the same way too. The ratings have risen to 16.3% (15.02% average). GANBATTE TAROOO!!

source: http://artv.info/ar0707.html

seeshu

Post by seeshu » Sep 13th, '07, 23:47

The last episode airs soon. I'm so sad! Yamada Taro is basically the only drama I watch. It made me realize how cute Nino can be (that boy has squishable cheeks), and seriously, it's weird that he played high schoolers in dramas when he was a high schooler. Now he's 24 and he's still playing high schoolers.

I'm so looking forward to the finale (with leader!).

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 14th, '07, 13:11

cry they skipped the theme song again!!!!
Just saw ohno hes so funny! great reactions! mimura is soo cruel to takako he told her taro was going to america and leaving at 5 but it turns out he was only leaving for his part time job hahaha cruel cruel mimura with the dazling smile ^_^
taro just turned down going to america cause scince he was a kid his dream was to eat a big hamburger from america but now his dream is to eat it with his family. Eating it by himself would be ,lonely so he wont go

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 14th, '07, 13:25

i just rolled on the floor laughing
taro wants to win an jumbo american hamburger for his family so he has to win an air guitar contest but he doesnt even know what air guitar is!
They (taro and mimura) look around the class to see who can help them in the contest and first look at the crazy guy who likes taro who is stupidly doing air guitar on a desk and he notices them looking and his expression was priceless!!!!!
Anyway they choosa takako of course. Mimura is so hot when hes practicing at his house!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 14th, '07, 14:07

Of course our great three won the competition mainly because they had a great arashi song to do it to but then tomos siblings had some plan for something so left .
Turns out they were trying to win money becauser they thought it was their fault that taro wasnt going to america cause they had no money. The got to try 6 times to win but lost but Taro told them that he wanted to be with them all thats why he wasnt going. So they all went home and ate hamburger.
Taro, Mimura and Takako all ended up going to the same university and even there there was the usual crowd of scraming people talking about how rich the two boys look. Oh and that teacher got married to the creepy but hot guy (im not doing so well with names)
THE END
Ahhh im so sad it over I really loved this series one of my fav this season! I'm gonna miss is very much!
By the way sorry for the many spoiler posts i was writing it as the episode was going so thats why its in bits.

endoftime

Post by endoftime » Sep 14th, '07, 14:11

Will someone form a support group with me? OMG, I just want to cry right now. I shouldn't, because the end was just so RIGHT and it's the way a drama should end; I had this intensely warm, bubbly feeling. I still feel so sad atm, though. It pains me to know that we are no longer a part of the Yamada family's life.

...We should have at least had another episode. 11 is standard.... or perhaps a clause in the contract for a second season... :whistling:

I seriously need a withdrawal support group atm, though. Anyone w/me?

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 14th, '07, 23:48

Im totally with you!!!!
it makes life feel a little empty knowing we wont see them again next week doesnt it!

crush

Post by crush » Sep 16th, '07, 01:50

I love ep 7

"i lost...to a hamburger" :D

too bad the final episode is coming. It feels too soon to end

endoftime

Post by endoftime » Sep 16th, '07, 01:58

Yorokobi wrote:Im totally with you!!!!
it makes life feel a little empty knowing we wont see them again next week doesnt it!
Absolutely, yes!

Does anyone know if there's a clause for a second season? Or are my hopes just too high...?

I'm considering watching the T-Drama to help with my withdrawal, but I also don't want to because it feels as though my feelings for this version might become tainted. What do others think? How is the J-Drama VS the T-Drama?

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Sep 16th, '07, 07:08

endoftime, i'm with you too...

I dunno.. this series is certainly not the best this season but it is my most loved. The series have a lot of flaws but it somehow works. Its hard not to miss the Yamada family and all the cast. Big props to Nino and his amazing skill to tug the hearts of the viewers. At first I thought he was misscasted in the role since he's not the drop dead gorgeous guy you would expect girls (and guys) to faint each time he smiles but he manages to pull it of with his version of Taro. Nino's Taro is so pure and good its impossible not to fall head over heels for him. I might be a little bit bias because there's a lot of Arashiness in the series (SHO's Mimura, air guitar, ohmiyaSK, Happiness), this is a good production. Not amazing but good & wholesome. However, I woulnd't want a sequel. It'll ruin the magic.

Somehow I suspected a lot of the manga readers won't be satisfied with the series (they'll hate I guess). For me the drama itself is just a blur of emotions. I still think it missed its potential to be great but right now I'm satisfied.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Sep 16th, '07, 07:11

i hope someone can translate this..this is supposedly about the movie version of Yamada Taro:

TBS番組編成局は15日、ドラマ「山田太郎ものがたり」の続編の映画化「山田太郎ものがたりザ・ムービー今日も太郎は危機一髪?!」を発表した。
TBSは先日「クロサギ」の映画化を発表したばかりで、相次ぐドラマの映画化発 表は、フジテレビに水を開けられた映画製作での巻き返しをねらう意図があるも のと思われる。
無事大学生となった太郎に史上最大の問題が発生。太郎は急遽香港へ飛ぶ。そこ で太郎を待ちわびる運命とは…
脚本はドラマに引き続きマギー氏が担当しキャストもドラマをベースにあらたに 大学の学長に加藤剛、その他堀北真希「あっと驚く豪華キャスト陣」という布陣となる。

i saw this rumor in Maki Horikita's 2ch forum and apparently Maki will be in the cast..
:blink

moderagio

Post by moderagio » Sep 16th, '07, 10:03

marienella_m wrote:i hope someone can translate this..this is supposedly about the movie version of Yamada Taro:

TBS番組編成局は15日、ドラマ「山田太郎ものがたり」の続編の映画化「山田太郎ものがたりザ・ムービー今日も太郎は危機一髪?!」を発表した。
TBSは先日「クロサギ」の映画化を発表したばかりで、相次ぐドラマの映画化発 表は、フジテレビに水を開けられた映画製作での巻き返しをねらう意図があるも のと思われる。
無事大学生となった太郎に史上最大の問題が発生。太郎は急遽香港へ飛ぶ。そこ で太郎を待ちわびる運命とは…
脚本はドラマに引き続きマギー氏が担当しキャストもドラマをベースにあらたに 大学の学長に加藤剛、その他堀北真希「あっと驚く豪華キャスト陣」という布陣となる。

i saw this rumor in Maki Horikita's 2ch forum and apparently Maki will be in the cast..
:blink
I could be wrong but... It says that TBS announced a movie following the drama. There's a bit of information on why TBS announced two movies (Kurosagi and Yamataro).
Since the following has some spoiler...
As a university student, Tarou will face a great problem and will go to Hong Kong... The Movie staff will be based on the drama staff. There will be some addition in the cast (The University president and other surprises)

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Sep 16th, '07, 10:13

thanks a lot for the info moderagio! i hope that this is true so that we can see Taro & co on the big screen..:D

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Sep 16th, '07, 10:36

it's so sad that the drama has ended already... it's one of my favorite dramas ever!
i hope the movie rumor is true because i miss yamada taro already!

endoftime

Post by endoftime » Sep 19th, '07, 11:36

OMG, thank you for the info on a MOVIE! *hopes and wishes* We got one for HanaDan and Nodame, we're probably getting something for Hana Kimi, and now YT, too? やったあ!!!!!!!!! :w00t: OMG, I'm psyched. I hope it comes true. Thank you for the info!!!

aishoni2 wrote:endoftime, i'm with you too...

I dunno.. this series is certainly not the best this season but it is my most loved. The series have a lot of flaws but it somehow works. Its hard not to miss the Yamada family and all the cast. Big props to Nino and his amazing skill to tug the hearts of the viewers. At first I thought he was misscasted in the role since he's not the drop dead gorgeous guy you would expect girls (and guys) to faint each time he smiles but he manages to pull it of with his version of Taro. Nino's Taro is so pure and good its impossible not to fall head over heels for him. I might be a little bit bias because there's a lot of Arashiness in the series (SHO's Mimura, air guitar, ohmiyaSK, Happiness), this is a good production. Not amazing but good & wholesome. However, I woulnd't want a sequel. It'll ruin the magic.

Somehow I suspected a lot of the manga readers won't be satisfied with the series (they'll hate I guess). For me the drama itself is just a blur of emotions. I still think it missed its potential to be great but right now I'm satisfied.
Which dramas did you think were the best this season? I've finished this, Hana Kimi and Papa to Musume... and I still have to finish Yama Onna... and Hotaru no Hikaru. I got very behind on both.

Is it one of these, or another? I want to watch the best drama!!

To me, YT was the best because the focus didn't veer. It was mostly about friendship and family and I thought it was carried out very well. It was about overcoming your obstacles and finding (pardon the pun) happiness. HK and PtoM I liked, but they both had very cheesy moments...not that YT DIDN'T, but they didn't seem as vast to me. Also, I don't know the manga at all (is it scanned or licensed?), so maybe that helped me enjoy it so much. ^^

Actually, I almost DIDN'T watch YT BECAUSE two Arashi members were in it! Despite loving a couple of other dramas with singers in them, there is a stigma in my mind about idol singer actors...maybe because of how badly some have been in the States. And also, I'm so-so on Arashi. I haven't heard most of their music, but from what I have, I like some and I don't like some. Early last month at Siebold University, I asked one of the students what dramas she recommended/liked this season and she recommended YT so much that I said I would try it. I can't believe it took me so long!!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 19th, '07, 12:52

i really loved this seasons dramas! There were so many good ones

My favs were
Yamada Taro
Hana Kimi
Life
Sushi Oji

I never finished Papa to Musume but the first 4 eps i saw were great but i got behind so ill catch up when I can

There were some dramas like Hotaru no Hikari and First Kiss that started off pretty average but got pretty good at the end.

Sorry i know that question wasnt directed at me but thought id answer anyway ^_^

endoftime

Post by endoftime » Sep 19th, '07, 13:22

Yorokobi wrote:i really loved this seasons dramas! There were so many good ones

My favs were
Yamada Taro
Hana Kimi
Life
Sushi Oji

I never finished Papa to Musume but the first 4 eps i saw were great but i got behind so ill catch up when I can

There were some dramas like Hotaru no Hikari and First Kiss that started off pretty average but got pretty good at the end.

Sorry i know that question wasnt directed at me but thought id answer anyway ^_^
I've been wanting to see LIFE but last season, I had trouble watching Watashitachi no Kyokashi raw on TV and I lost the suspense factor, so I thought LIFE was probably going to be this way, too. There are only two eps out with subs, though, so I'll probably wait until more are done to watch, but that and Hana Kimi are the two I wanted to see the most, actually.

I've never even heard of Sushi. I'll look into it, thanks!

I got behind on Hotaru no Hikari because the opening didn't grab me, but I need to continue it again. Did First Kiss get good, then? The first episode was so horrible (to me) that I didn't even watch it with subs...I tried to recently, but I couldn' tdo it. It got better?

Papa to Musume was a lot funnier than I thought it would be. That's another one that I almost didn't watch!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 19th, '07, 13:34

Sushi oji is one you'll only enjoy if you love stupid funny (got me rolling on the floor laughing at time and i havent even seen it all yet cause i got behind but i loved it to bits)

Life was good. The suspense factor was kept throughout i think and there was some great acting.
Hotaru no Hikari definatly got better at the end I really enjoyed the last two episodes.
First Kiss I mainly watched for Inoue Mao because her acting was so good and i did get a bit better near the end but still the storyline was incredibly weak and the characters themselves are the only thing that make the drama worth watching. I missed the last episode though so i have to catch up with that.
Papa to Musume I thought was so well done what i saw anyway its one on my list to catch up with.
I forgot to mention Jotei too. This drama was steadily just above average for the whole seires I think. But not bad and worth the watch.

satsabekna

Post by satsabekna » Sep 20th, '07, 12:43

i just finished watching this series. well i think in some parts, the background music sounds like the ones in my boss my hero.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 20th, '07, 14:24

Both feature Johnnys and the featured Johnnys sing the theme songs, so they come from Johnny's writers. Johnny music usually have a similar sound.

congee

Post by congee » Sep 21st, '07, 05:17

Ah what a wonderful ending.
I smiled, I cried, and I smiled some more.
I love that it's got a happy fulfilling ending (not one of those cliffhanger ones that makes you wonder what happens after)

I agree with you aishoni. I wasn't too compelled in the beginning. I didn't find him to be very handsome at all, but he kind of grew on me and became really really adorable. I actually only dled it like 2 or 3 weeks ago and decided to watch it because I had some spare time, and eventually ended up watching all the episodes that were out at that time (I only originally dled 3 eps) because he just got cuter and cuter (well, the character anyway). It ended up being one of the few that I watched this season (I dled bambino, jotei, and that one with yamapi, but ended up only watching 3 episodes of bambino, so YT is actually the only drama that I enjoyed so much this season that I finished it).
endoftime wrote: I'm considering watching the T-Drama to help with my withdrawal, but I also don't want to because it feels as though my feelings for this version might become tainted. What do others think? How is the J-Drama VS the T-Drama?
What show is the t-version?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 21st, '07, 14:21

calophi

Post by calophi » Nov 9th, '07, 21:26

Actor question!

Who is the actor for the scientist guy who flusters the teacher? I looked in the wiki and his name wasn't there, and I'd like to see what else he's in. If you could please let me know that would be awesome.

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Nov 9th, '07, 21:41

i liked this drama it had a good feel to it

sweetanna

Post by sweetanna » Nov 9th, '07, 21:41

calophi wrote:Actor question!

Who is the actor for the scientist guy who flusters the teacher? I looked in the wiki and his name wasn't there, and I'd like to see what else he's in. If you could please let me know that would be awesome.
You mean Yoshizawa Yuu I think...

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Yoshizawa_Yuu

He's been in quite a few things...you just have to look a bit harder for him... :D

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Nov 22nd, '07, 13:09

Watching this drama is a torture for me..

It just made me weep so much and awhile laugh!! My mum thought that I'm crazy! Haha...
It's even nicer than the Taiwan version!
Too bad this drama was a short one. Sad.
It was a nice drama, with handsome guys, nice theme songs and also cute kids!!! I hope that there will be a season 2!

calophi

Post by calophi » Nov 22nd, '07, 13:53

I second that wish for a season 2. I tried to read the manga it was based from and I just could not do it. This is the second drama I've watched that I couldn't stand the source material for, and I only look up source material when I'm not satisfied with the end. XD

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Nov 24th, '07, 16:43

huh... there is a Taiwan vxn of this drama? :unsure:

of course this drama is great, i havent watched this though, but the Shi-Nino pair up is the best!!! :wub:

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Dec 2nd, '07, 09:53

Yeah...

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Poor_Prince_Taro

taiwan version..haha. kinda lame show

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Feb 26th, '08, 20:30

What can I say about Yamada? The good thing about it is that its nice and living in a world of its own. A lot of dorama's of late I watch i just don't feel anything and I just wanna finish them for the sake of it. This wasn't one of them so thats a plus.

I don't think the whole premise of the show is a serious one becasue it almost "glamorises" poverty...ironic I know.

There are alot of flaws but you can excuse them :-) Just a couple of things how the heck can Taro's pops afford to globe trot? :blink He is such an irresponsible parent thats for sure I can't believe Child Services hadn't been called in :lol and another thing for anyone who has read the Manga the prinicipal of Taro's school is he by anyway related to the Yamada family?
And for some very weird reason the rich lady who gifts the family the house kinda made me think that she maybe perhaps was somehow a blood relation of Taro's pops.

minamichan03

woahh...

Post by minamichan03 » May 25th, '08, 13:16

Dreams wrote:Yeah...

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Poor_Prince_Taro

taiwan version..haha. kinda lame show
wow.. didn't knew that vic zhou played the part of yamada taro in the taiwan version.. hehe.. :O

justpeachy

Post by justpeachy » Sep 30th, '09, 17:17

This is one of my favorite dramas. The Yamada family are like the perfect family. They care deeply for each other and even the little ones are very mature mor their age. I wasn't nearly as mature when I was their age. :P They remind me of the Brady Bunch, but not nearly as annoying. :lol
One thing that annoyed me was in episode 9 where Taro was trying to get used to the house, Mimura wasn't being a friend at all. He seemed mad at Taro and ignored him. He should've been there for him. If it wasn't for Takako getting them back together, I bet Mimura would've kept ignoring Taro.
Nagahara is a total jerk, but I can't help but like him. :wub: