[Discussion] Yamada Taro Monogatari

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 8th, '07, 08:29

I loved the first episode of this drama! I havent been able to watch it with subs cause im in japan and cant download but what I managed to understand from the tv was funny and awsome. I didnt know what to expect going into it because I didnt really know the story line and i hadnt seen much in the way of nino's acting but it was so cool. Can't wait for episode 2!!!!!

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jul 8th, '07, 09:09

mizune wrote:Tabe Mikako is in this? Another reason I should check out this drama then. :)

If you like seishun dramas like "Way of the Blue Sky", you should see if you can find "Yoru no Pikunikku / The Night-time Picnic". They share much of the same cast and were both directed by Nagasawa Masahiko.
I don't think the DVD has come out for this movie yet. I guess I will have to wait. I watch the slideshow on YouTube and I can't tell if the the male lead is the same actor as "Way of the Blue Sky". Anyway, I am pretty sure it's not.

For those we want to watch the slideshow, it has a great little tune with playing int he background.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 8th, '07, 14:12

Yorokobi wrote:I loved the first episode of this drama! I havent been able to watch it with subs cause im in japan and cant download but what I managed to understand from the tv was funny and awsome. I didnt know what to expect going into it because I didnt really know the story line and i hadnt seen much in the way of nino's acting but it was so cool. Can't wait for episode 2!!!!!
same here! im gonna have ALOT of stuff to download when i get home.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 8th, '07, 14:25

XrayMind wrote: I don't think the DVD has come out for this movie yet. I guess I will have to wait. I watch the slideshow on YouTube and I can't tell if the the male lead is the same actor as "Way of the Blue Sky". Anyway, I am pretty sure it's not.
No, I'm pretty sure it's out. I finally finished subbing it last month... :lol
The actor isn't the same as "Way of Blue Sky". It's Ishida Takuya.
For those we want to watch the slideshow, it has a great little tune with playing int he background.
FYI, the song is Monkey Majik's "Futari".
Most all the other songs for the movie were from a group called Dakota Star. You can see that name pop up on the related YouTube vids. They're all pretty nice.

edit: Um...er...to stay on topic here, I skipped through the first episode and while it looks a little bit cartoonish, but it doesn't seem unbearably so... ^_^;

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Jul 8th, '07, 14:29

Yeahhhhhhh i do LOVE this drama so much!!
waiting for softsub >//<

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jul 8th, '07, 16:17

No, I'm pretty sure it's out. I finally finished subbing it last month... :lol
The actor isn't the same as "Way of Blue Sky". It's Ishida Takuya.
Can't believe I miss this movie. Hmm, can't find it at any of the usually sites where I get my Japanese movies. No one seems to be seeding on FSS. Well will make a reseed request there.

Thanks.
edit: Um...er...to stay on topic here, I skipped through the first episode and while it looks a little bit cartoonish, but it doesn't seem unbearably so... ^_^;
Yea, to me it seems to have a little bit of Nodame feel to it.
It already had a music conducting, piano playing, and supermarket sale rush already in the first episode. :lol

Winly

Post by Winly » Jul 9th, '07, 01:32

The first episode got 17.4%

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 9th, '07, 01:58

Winly wrote:The first episode got 17.4%
wow, it's so high... that's so great! i'm so happy too! :D

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 9th, '07, 02:14

I was watching this... haha i didn't even know both actors are from arashi.. interesting.... they looked pretty young. (ha baby face? :P)

- i don't like the female character, ... quite the opposite of makino's character in HYD (wants a guy so that she can be cinderalla. I guess i'm more into a stories where the female's a strong woman). but haha she'll probably find out that her prince isn't very prince like

Takuya - that character seems very interesting. I'm probably more interested in him than the main character.
I think it's hilarious that everyone thinks taro's rich XD. (i wonder where the rumors started since taro doesn't seem to care that other ppl know he's poor)

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jul 9th, '07, 02:21

melonyhappy wrote:I think it's hilarious that everyone thinks taro's rich XD. (i wonder where the rumors started since taro doesn't seem to care that other ppl know he's poor)
Because he the smartest student in the advance class, everyone assume he is rich.

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 9th, '07, 05:41

ojouprincess wrote:
Winly wrote:The first episode got 17.4%
wow, it's so high... that's so great! i'm so happy too! :D
:mrgreen: the highest so far... but there are still other dramas that's not aired yet right? First Kiss.. Jotei?

XrayMind... I LOVE YOU!!!! :notworthy:

Magicus

Post by Magicus » Jul 9th, '07, 08:09

aishoni2 wrote:[quote="ojouprincess"

:mrgreen: the highest so far... but there are still other dramas that's not aired yet right? First Kiss.. Jotei?
Don't forget Sushi Oji! I have seen little buzz about in the forums but I'm thinking that it will be pretty popular, Domoto Koichi hasn't done a drama in a loong time and all I know is that Kinki Kids = Ratings.

Haven't seen the first episode of this drama yet but I watched that intro SP last night and thought it was pretty fun. Looking forward to watching the series.

ailamarie

Post by ailamarie » Jul 9th, '07, 09:39

Aishoni..thanks for creating this thread...nice to see you here..loz!

Im so happy with YAMADA TARO's ep 1 rating whic 17.4% and the highest this season..

I hope they maintain it or even surpass it..

Congratulations to Nino and Sho...

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 9th, '07, 10:53

nanikore wrote:
Yorokobi wrote:I loved the first episode of this drama! I havent been able to watch it with subs cause im in japan and cant download but what I managed to understand from the tv was funny and awsome. I didnt know what to expect going into it because I didnt really know the story line and i hadnt seen much in the way of nino's acting but it was so cool. Can't wait for episode 2!!!!!
same here! im gonna have ALOT of stuff to download when i get home.
Hell yeah! I just hope therte are still plenty of people seeding them when I get home!

Kookiemonstar

Post by Kookiemonstar » Jul 9th, '07, 16:01

This drama is cool. It's funny hehe. Great performances from Nino and Sho! Mikako was great, too. I definitely be following this series!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 9th, '07, 16:10

i just watched the 1st ep, this series has become one of my favourites this season..! its so funny, i never read the manga and the drama surely has made me want to keep watching it!

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 9th, '07, 16:56

this drama is just great...Nino is really great in this series n so is Sho n Shugo n i luv Yamada's family...they so cute and funny n what a handsome dad...this is one of my fav this season

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 9th, '07, 17:06

how come the dad is so young?? how old was the mom when she gave birth to taro??

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jul 9th, '07, 18:46

I originally thought "not another bishounen drama, please, God have mercy on me, I think I'm going to puke... " and it's turned out to be " and here's another great TBS drama".

It's quite moving, just ridiculous enough not to be too dramatic and I really appreciate the fact that the girl character is far from being pretty (not saying she's ugly though). Anyway, looking forward to seeing how the plot is going to develop.

mikaila

Post by mikaila » Jul 9th, '07, 23:48

furransu wrote:how come the dad is so young??
The actor who plays the dad is actually 35 yrs old in real life. :lol And yup...He looks like he's around 20... :wub:

PoliChan

Post by PoliChan » Jul 9th, '07, 23:59

This drama is so good o_o

SO GOOD! \o/
The best first episode in this season o.o"
I hope just get better!! \o/

yuckie

Post by yuckie » Jul 10th, '07, 05:37

I can't wait for the next episode
it has nino cosplaying :wub:
Although I'm a big arashi fan, at first I'm pretty worried about the drama because Nino and Sho isn't have the face of a character taken from manga... but in the end I smack myself cause I'm totally hooked up with both of their acting <3333

And I agree that the girl is far from pretty, but I guess she fits this role of a total dreamer with absurd imagination, and she looks like she is unembarrased enough to do that kind of acting XD

Anyway, aatash and me will try as fast as we can to release sub every week while still keeping the good quality of the translations and timing. I think Monday is the fastest we can do if nothing goes wrong (like... suddenly my electricity went out, or connection down, etc XD)

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Jul 10th, '07, 15:08

i like how Taro's sis and bro call him "An-chan"
so cute <33 i want this kind of An-chan lol

yuckie -- gyaaaaaaa i love your avvy so cute together

ailamarie

Post by ailamarie » Jul 10th, '07, 15:29

IM EXCITED TO WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE!!!!!!!!! :D

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » Jul 10th, '07, 15:42

It seems like a really fun show so far :D Even though the main girl is SO ANNOYING! Omg. But it's hilarious the way everyone keeps fawning over Yamada and his little siblings are so cute :)

That stinky-faced guy who wanted to
throw away Yamada's lunch
was the guy who played Yuki's boyfriend in HYD, right?

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 10th, '07, 15:45

i think the main girl is funny and not annoying.. :D

machao13

Post by machao13 » Jul 10th, '07, 16:07

furransu wrote:how come the dad is so young?? how old was the mom when she gave birth to taro??
hmm according to the manga she was 15 years old if I'm not mistaken
can't wait for ep2 :cheers:

ladymurasaki

Post by ladymurasaki » Jul 10th, '07, 17:36

HIs little sister--the one wth the birthday--is incredibly cute!

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 10th, '07, 17:47

*can't wait til' the next ep*

homemade

Post by homemade » Jul 10th, '07, 21:31

seems good! looking forward to it...

yuckie

Post by yuckie » Jul 11th, '07, 07:10

kirakira_luv wrote:yuckie -- gyaaaaaaa i love your avvy so cute together
I just can't stand the huggles between tarou and takuya <33333
gemtsoi wrote: That stinky-faced guy who wanted to
throw away Yamada's lunch
was the guy who played Yuki's boyfriend in HYD, right?
Yes yes!!! :cussing: How come he always become someone who simply hateable?
I wonder what will he do to Tarou next episode... But maybe Takuya will save him again :p

Winly

Post by Winly » Jul 11th, '07, 07:44

yuckie:

I love your icon too :wub: It's so cute~ :lol

I admire you and aatash because this is an excellent drama and your subs are really good, so complete, very well done. Thank you so much for everything.
And don't worry about the date, we will wait patiently for them :-)

Also I can't wait for the next episode:
The love's slave of Mimura-kun :lol (just kidding). I'm really curious why Tarou is in that situation... It's so extreme. He will even dance LOL
I hope Nino will do more girl's cosplay for this drama, he looks so good in them :lol

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 11th, '07, 11:45

This drama is soo funny why are there not more people on this thread?? Hana Kimi reaches 100 pages before episode to comes out and Yamada taro may not even reach 10 :(

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jul 11th, '07, 11:54

Yorokobi wrote:This drama is soo funny why are there not more people on this thread?? Hana Kimi reaches 100 pages before episode to comes out and Yamada taro may not even reach 10 :(
not enough gender-bender and yaoi for them maybe?....

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 11th, '07, 11:58

Shadow Hexagram wrote:
Yorokobi wrote:This drama is soo funny why are there not more people on this thread?? Hana Kimi reaches 100 pages before episode to comes out and Yamada taro may not even reach 10 :(
Who knows , i wasn't impressed with Hana Kimi on first ep. like I was with Yamada Taro , Tantei Gakuen Q , and Coffee prince.

I have yet to bother with Hana Kimi ep 2 *waits for season 2 of the tw version*

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 11th, '07, 12:06

i enjoyed hana kimi but it irritates me slightly how far it strays from the manga
I cant compare yamada taro to the manga though cause ive never read it

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 11th, '07, 14:19

Archaenon wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
Who knows , i wasn't impressed with Hana Kimi on first ep. like I was with Yamada Taro , Tantei Gakuen Q , and Coffee prince.

I have yet to bother with Hana Kimi ep 2 *waits for season 2 of the tw version*
People have different tastes, fans really should stop their meaningless remarks about other dramas ,just to catch attention :roll

jazzmine101

Post by jazzmine101 » Jul 11th, '07, 14:19

I so love this show! I cant choose between yamada, hana kimi and papa to musume thay're all great shows!

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jul 11th, '07, 14:36

Archaenon wrote: Who knows , i wasn't impressed with Hana Kimi on first ep. like I was with Yamada Taro , Tantei Gakuen Q , and Coffee prince.
Indeed, Yamada Taro Monogatari is definitely more entertaining and the chemistry between the characters is well-directed. I may not be a fan of Arashi as a band, but honestly, as actors, they're really excellent.

p.s: what's the problem with giving meaningless comments especially about such a meaningless hobby like ours (e.g. watching dramas). Nomanymore, you should take things easy, there's no need to start flaming, its'.... "meaningless" ?.... :blink

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 11th, '07, 14:49

LoL take it easy, I dun't mean anything under that.. just that I find it.. 'funny' ? when fans in different drama topic keep mentioning about Hana Kimi, saying that their dramas are better... I dun't lie, I have seen many already & it just started getting on my nerve.. Fans in Hana Kimi thread haven't written anything like that. ^__^

Again I enjoy Yamada , yup luve Nino lol but just becuz of those 'comments' of fans make me hesitate to post, I know nobody will care, so why would I bother.

I luve Hana Kimi ? yes.

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jul 11th, '07, 15:21

Nomanymore wrote:LoL take it easy, I dun't mean anything under that.. just that I find it.. 'funny' ? when fans in different drama topic keep mentioning about Hana Kimi, saying that their dramas are better... I dun't lie, I have seen many already & it just started getting on my nerve.. Fans in Hana Kimi thread haven't written anything like that. ^__^

Again I enjoy Yamada , yup luve Nino lol but just becuz of those 'comments' of fans make me hesitate to post, I know nobody will care, so why would I bother.

I luve Hana Kimi ? yes.
Well, we all have dramas we like and others we don't. Comparing one we enjoy better with another one we can't really stand isn't a problem as well. It doesn't mean in any way that the viewers are judged according to their tastes.
But honestly, you should post what you want, no need to be afraid of anything, Nomanymore. You like both dramas, and it's good for you, but aren't you the one fantasizing conflicts here? Cool down a little and have more fun....

Li-Mei

Post by Li-Mei » Jul 11th, '07, 16:03

Personally I've never read the Yamada Taro manga like I have with Hana Kimi. I just picked up this drama because I heard that Ninomiya Kazunari was staring in it and I liked him from Stand Up!! and Letters from Iwo Jima.

With Hana Kimi, I've read the manga long ago before the Taiwanese drama for it came out and when I found out that there was going to be a Japanese version I decided to watch it. I think more people know about Hana Kimi since the manga was rather popular and a lot of people want to see how the Taiwanese version and the Japanese version differ. In addition, Oguri Shun is in it...HELLO!

Don't worry about there not being as much posts in one thread than there is in another. It doesn't at all mean that people don't enjoy this drama also.

But personally, I have an issue with the female lead. She seems really selfish, ditsy, and rather pathetic. I hope that her character's personality improves as the story goes on. I can't stand it when people say, "I WILL marry a rich guy and no longer be a commoner!" or something like that. To me, she comes off as a little brat who doesn't want to work for what she wants and she also is disrespectful and ungrateful towards her parents. She seems shallow for liking Yamada Taro just because he seems like a "prince". I certainly hope that they don't hook up in the end.

Ninomiya's character on the other hand is respectable and likable. He's quite entertaining to watch!

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jul 11th, '07, 16:06

And she is a selfish little brat !!! That's what I find funny, getting a crush on someone who's poorer than her. But I agree here, I hope her character will change from episode to episode.

Winly

Post by Winly » Jul 11th, '07, 17:04

Nomanymore:

I don't understand why you have to come here to post bad things. There's nothing wrong with a person to say that he/she likes a drama better that the other one of the same season. And I haven't read bad comments about Hana-Kimi here I just have read objective opinions about it and without the intention to offend.

Anyway, you said "fans really should stop their meaningless remarks about other dramas ,just to catch attention" when in the other thread have done the same thing but worst with the taiwanese version of Hana-Kimi and the actors. I think you are the one that want attention.

I don't understand why you came here to post with bad intentions. If you "like" the drama why don't you post about it and don't about other things that you're creating like a big problem.

All that I said was in my opinion.

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jul 11th, '07, 17:14

Just to mess up a bit here.... this is because fans started posting since May 21, 2007, when Tokyograph annouced the drama (funny, by the way, that nothing's been done on the upcoming Mahou Sensei Negima Live Action though)
Anyway, post counts just... don't count. (especially when you deduce all the spam and off-topic posts from them.)

wachi

Post by wachi » Jul 11th, '07, 17:17

Shadow Hexagram wrote:And she is a selfish little brat !!! That's what I find funny, getting a crush on someone who's poorer than her. But I agree here, I hope her character will change from episode to episode.
As the manga reader, all I can say is .. she will and then she won't. :lol I love her parents though. They're hilarious!
I'm not sure if they're going to prolong her character ..but in the manga, her story was only 2(?) chapters long.

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jul 11th, '07, 17:25

I hope the drama will be different then :P

wachi

Post by wachi » Jul 11th, '07, 17:40

It's been different somewhat.. except for some of the main stories. Takako's story has been faithful so far.. if so, then her story will end by next week. They're actually moving quite fast. Next week episode would be Volume 2 already.

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jul 11th, '07, 17:43

Hope it won't be faithful then. (sorry, I just can't stand anything that tries to be "faithful" to another thing, a big fallacy to me)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 11th, '07, 18:10

Shadow Hexagram wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:LoL take it easy, I dun't mean anything under that.. just that I find it.. 'funny' ? when fans in different drama topic keep mentioning about Hana Kimi, saying that their dramas are better... I dun't lie, I have seen many already & it just started getting on my nerve.. Fans in Hana Kimi thread haven't written anything like that. ^__^

I luve Hana Kimi ? yes.
Well, we all have dramas we like and others we don't. Comparing one we enjoy better with another one we can't really stand isn't a problem as well. It doesn't mean in any way that the viewers are judged according to their tastes.
But honestly, you should post what you want, no need to be afraid of anything, Nomanymore. You like both dramas, and it's good for you, but aren't you the one fantasizing conflicts here? Cool down a little and have more fun....
I lost my temper quite easily & at any moment akaka, pliz understand, I never mean any harm & try to start conflict, I hate those ,really. Just sometimes there're some fans 'word' that really pissed u off that u just can't stand it. Esp when they talk about ur fav drama. I agree one's fav drama is not everyone's fav, but personally I think those comments are unnecessary, as u said, just enjoy ur drama at full, why bother the others & saying that u dun't like them ? lol
okay I will stop... I hope noone will get a curse on me or sthing akakak,

About Yamada Taro, I dunno if I should cry or get excited when seeing Nino in maid suit :cry: ... why do they have to make him doin things like this, argh, .. I think I'll hit my head against my screen if next time I get to see him in the red chinese dress, oh well I think I may faint already .... ^^; Ninooo~

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jul 11th, '07, 18:37

Ninomiya Kazunari in a maid suit ?.... hahahahahaha !!!!! I'm gonna love this drama more and more !!!

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 11th, '07, 19:48

Yamada Taro seems pretty good. Tokoko is a bit annoying, but she's funny-annoying so that's okay. Sugiura can be annoying in his rivalry with Taro, but it's understandable with the rivalry and works out for me too. The mother on the other hand is just plain annoying, but thankfully she's only a small character.

Nino and Sho are both really solid in this so far. Nino's smile isn't quite captivating enough for me to buy into the reactions it gets, but he's got a great dynamic with the rest of his family. I like his portrayal of Taro very much for both the comedy and the emotional content.
I particularly loved the scenes where he heard Itsuko ask for the croquette in her sleep, and when he gets the croquettes only to find out Itsuko wanted them for him.
Mimura I'll look forward to more from. Sho did a good job with all of his scenes, but it hasn't called on him to portray anything too complex at least thus far.
His reaction to the candy "pencil" box and growling stomach gave me a good laugh, as did his stalking scene. The times he's helped Taro so far were nice too.
I enjoyed the first episode and look forward to the second, but I honestly can't say that it's my favorite drama of the season. It's probably about my 5th favorite, which puts it firmly in the middle of my viewing que. That's actually a pretty good place, considering how well this season has started off for me. The margin between my favorite dramas is really tight this season!

I'm looking forward to Nino dressed as a maid. (Yeah, Nino in the red Chinese dress was a classic! Though Ohno as the school girl was my favorite. ~.^ )

wachi

Post by wachi » Jul 11th, '07, 22:45

Shadow Hexagram wrote:Hope it won't be faithful then. (sorry, I just can't stand anything that tries to be "faithful" to another thing, a big fallacy to me)
Well this is a manga adaptation, as a fan of the manga, I'm hoping they won't stray from it so much. The manga itself is episodic. After around 2 to 3 chapters, we get a different story with different characters. If you want some major character development and I don't think there will be much.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 12th, '07, 01:18

[quote="Li-Mei"]

But personally, I have an issue with the female lead. She seems really selfish, ditsy, and rather pathetic. I hope that her character's personality improves as the story goes on. I can't stand it when people say, "I WILL marry a rich guy and no longer be a commoner!" or something like that. To me, she comes off as a little brat who doesn't want to work for what she wants and she also is disrespectful and ungrateful towards her parents. She seems shallow for liking Yamada Taro just because he seems like a "prince". I certainly hope that they don't hook up in the end.

[quote]

While her character may not be the kind of person you like, I think she actually does a great job portraying a realistic peron. Some Japanese girls are really like that so while I agree and dont like that sort of person I dont have a problem with hr in the drama.

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 12th, '07, 14:14

i'm really looking forward to the next episode (one more day to go...)! nino looks so cute in his maid costume. i wonder what the musical part would be like. seriously can't wait!

nino as a construction worker reminds me of saigo from iwo jima...

i think the female lead is really cute. i like her hairstyle (when she's in school) and her dimples too.

i also think shibata rie (takako's mom) is hilarious. mominucation~ :lol

larmebleue

Post by larmebleue » Jul 13th, '07, 02:49

I just watched the first episode out of curiosity mostly, and I'm so glad I did! It was really entertaining.

They haven't had that many scenes together yet but I'm looking forward to more Nino - Sho interaction, they work well together. And aah, the toilet paper stealing scene, lol! You could see that one coming from miles ahead but it was still funny.

I don't mind the female lead so far, as Yorokobi said her wishes are pretty realistic, I mean would you turn down a handsome, sweet, rich, prince-like guy? ;)

Seems like an underrated drama - but the ratings for the first ep were great, weren't they? Hopefully it'll stay that way :)

yuckie

Post by yuckie » Jul 13th, '07, 05:08

ojouprincess wrote: i also think shibata rie (takako's mom) is hilarious. mominucation~ :lol
That's right. It's the mominucation lady from Arashi no Shukudai kun 12 who has touched Sho's precious XDDDD She acts so well and funny!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 13th, '07, 05:34

Yay episode 2 airs tonight!!!!!!

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jul 13th, '07, 05:46

I really Love Sho's character. I know nothing about the Manga, but I hope he stays snobby for a little bit - I think it creates some good tension. :)

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 13th, '07, 05:48

Yeah I think snobby sho will be funny im hoping episode two will be as good as episode 1

yuckie

Post by yuckie » Jul 13th, '07, 08:05

I'm really looking forward to episode 2. I hope the ratings will go up with the cosplaying Nino!

ailamarie

Post by ailamarie » Jul 13th, '07, 08:40

yay!! im excited....episode 2 !!!

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Jul 13th, '07, 09:52

^ me too
cant wait to see Nino as maid XD

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 13th, '07, 11:20

less than 2 hours until episode two airs im very excited nino as a maid with me so funny and it looks like sho is going to come more into his character too. The commercial makes it look like the main girl migh realise hes not rich I hope that doesnt happen cause its funny that she thinks hes her prince when hes poorer than her

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 13th, '07, 11:30

me too can't wait to see nino as a maid..

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jul 13th, '07, 11:39

Nino as a maid... Hmmm, I get the feeling he'd be a very beautiful maid! ;)

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 13th, '07, 15:42

kyaaa~ episode 2 has aired! i'm currently downloading it from arashi clubbox... can't wait! :D

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 13th, '07, 15:52

people in Japan is so lucky already watching ep2...hope the rating is still high

ailamarie

Post by ailamarie » Jul 13th, '07, 16:36

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 13th, '07, 16:40

yay thanks! can't wait for the subs though cause my japanese is still bad...

ailamarie

Post by ailamarie » Jul 13th, '07, 17:05

its ok...

even if its raw im dying to see it....

ill download the hardsubs once its out..

wachi

Post by wachi » Jul 13th, '07, 23:05

Next stop,
Taro becomes Takako's mother apprentice in the art of bargain shopping!
:lol

I don't remember Mimu-chan becoming one either. The drama is definitely different from the manga, but I don't mind it so much. All the main stories are there ..just some sub-plots are different. I hope they don't forget about Keiichi's story. He's too funny.

Taro and his family.. especially his siblings are too precious. :cry:

Here's another thing to feast your eyes on, beside the maid outfit. :mrgreen:

twothreefour

Post by twothreefour » Jul 13th, '07, 23:18

This episode was so full of crack I don't even know where to start! :w00t:

I liveblogged it on my LJ so I won't go all the way through it here again but wow. This is my favorite drama this season and it keeps getting better!

The one part I kept rewinding was

Mimura rocking out to "Highway To Hell" while he's arranging flowers :lol Ohhhh Sho you are so hot right now. :wub:

Omniscient

Post by Omniscient » Jul 14th, '07, 06:52

I loved this episode as much as I did the first episode, and I couldn't stop laughing at all that happens while Tarou is dressed up like a maid (including the sudden dance sequence). This show is just getting better and better.
For anyone who doesn't want to wait for the subs or wants to see some screenshots of the second episode, I wrote up a detailed summary on my blog.

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Jul 14th, '07, 07:38

gyaaaaaaaaaaa *scream*
i love Ep.2 that toooooooo cute! and so much fun
omoroi omoroi~~~!!!!