[Discussion] LIFE

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 28th, '07, 17:07

According to the wiki, he was in both.

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Oct 25th, '07, 02:28

Just finished watching the whole drama a few days ago ^_^ great series, probably the best drama of the summer season ^_^

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Oct 26th, '07, 06:12

Best Drama: Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
Best Actor: Tachi Hiroshi / Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
Best Actress: Horikita Maki / Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
Best Supporting Actor: Ikuta Toma / Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
Best Supporting Actress: Fukuda Saki / LIFE
Best Script: Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
Best Director: Tanimura Masaki / LIFE
Best Theme Song: Kokoro / First Kiss
Special Award: Higa Manami / Dondo Bare

Whoo. Congrats to Fukuda Saki-- I mean, I really disliked her character in LIFE, which means she's that great of an actress!

And cheers to the director for... directing. Yaay.

:cheers:

uaechibi

Post by uaechibi » Oct 27th, '07, 05:05

Sako is cute
but he is harsh
and bully
so i don't like him
:glare:

ifacchi

Post by ifacchi » Oct 27th, '07, 15:02

finished watch it a while ago. It's great and really moving!! I love this drama!
shannobi wrote:Best Supporting Actress: Fukuda Saki / LIFE
fukuda saki won? Yaay!
I mean, i really hate her character. She did a great great job
btw, horikita maki won best actress? How could she win? She's not that good

Asta

Post by Asta » Oct 27th, '07, 20:40

I watched the whole drama in three days (it's vacation..) and I must say it was super intense and intriguing! After every episode I wanted the next. I loved the acting, especially Ayumu and Mana. Manami, I liked her in the first episode, when she seemed like the popular girl trying to get the new girl into schoollife, and after she turned "evil" I really began to hate her. The last episode though, how she was actually redeeming herself, I began to like her again. Her character is so complicated! Ayumu was very inspiring and strong, very much alike a lot of girls, a very good lead. Also I thought Hatori was a very cool character, her calm "Let's go, Ayumu" every time was good. As for the guys (who are normally a pretty big priority for me in drama's ^^;), I wasn't really blown away by anybody really. Katsumi was crazy, and I really, really disliked him a lot. That smile was frightening. Sonoda was the quiet strong (atleast, in the last episode he was) guy, but he didn't really struck me as a great character or great acting really. One of the points I thought they could've done better was explaining the "evil" people's backgrounds. Katsumi's was done a little, he was beaten by his father, forced into dating Manami and becoming the number 1 in school, even though they explained all that I still couldn't sympathize with him.. But what we know of Manami's past let me down. We still don't THAT much about her, and why she became like that.

I'd LOVE a second season. I WANT a second season really badly :D! I loved Life and want more of that intense stuff, I really wanna know what happens to Manami especially and Ayumu too. So let's hope that rumor is true...

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Nov 3rd, '07, 20:18

I want to see more episodes :<. Can't wait for the new sub!

jElLyBeAnS1991

Life - the Japanese Drama

Post by jElLyBeAnS1991 » Nov 3rd, '07, 23:33

Well from the rumors I heard, it is said that thereal LIFE ending was not shown. The reason was because it was "not appropriate" or something along those lines.... :glare:

Does anyone know if this is true?? Because the ending of the drama was not really what I was expecting so.... :scratch:

If there was a different ending, where would I be able to find one??

Just curious because I really liked that drama.... :wub:

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Nov 3rd, '07, 23:51

the end of drama LIFE is what i call an "end opened". it's just message that said hijime could be eradicate if children in japanese school spoke more with their parents, teacher was mre focused on children thinking, and if there was more frienship at school. The end is like that because the manga LIFE is still ongoing.

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Nov 4th, '07, 09:21

Oh, where'd you hear the rumors? I didn't hear about this. :O

jElLyBeAnS1991

Life - the Japanese Drama

Post by jElLyBeAnS1991 » Nov 4th, '07, 16:21

shannobi wrote:Oh, where'd you hear the rumors? I didn't hear about this. :O
i heard it from one of my Japanese friends.... 8)

frashdi87

Post by frashdi87 » Nov 4th, '07, 16:59

really?
thats what i thought..
coz the story is like hanging unsolved..

oniazusa

Post by oniazusa » Nov 22nd, '07, 17:04

No offence to you guys who like this drama so much. It seems like I'm the only one having a different opinion about this drama/story. I haven't read the manga and only halfway throughout the drama so my judgement might be wrong. I find that this drama is rather disappointing compared to Watashitachi no Kyokasho which is way more complicated and suspense. I mean, what's all the commotion about? The bullying is so lame and stupid. How can that Ayumu girl is so stupid and weak to let the bullies get to her like that? What is she so afraid of? It's so annoying to watch her reaction when she's getting bullied. Why take so long to fight back? The bullies are not much smarter either. The teachers, I don't know what to say. Is this how bullying really is in Japanese school? LIFE is so doom and gloom enough to commit suicide? How stupid and pathetic. The only characters that make a little sense to me are the twisted Sonoda and Hatori. Ah, I just don't seem to get the word "intense" to describe this drama. To me "LIFE'" is just too strong to be put into the title for this drama.

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Nov 23rd, '07, 00:55

oniazusa wrote:No offence to you guys who like this drama so much. It seems like I'm the only one having a different opinion about this drama/story. I haven't read the manga and only halfway throughout the drama so my judgement might be wrong. I find that this drama is rather disappointing compared to Watashitachi no Kyokasho which is way more complicated and suspense. I mean, what's all the commotion about? The bullying is so lame and stupid. How can that Ayumu girl is so stupid and weak to let the bullies get to her like that? What is she so afraid of? It's so annoying to watch her reaction when she's getting bullied. Why take so long to fight back? The bullies are not much smarter either. The teachers, I don't know what to say. Is this how bullying really is in Japanese school? LIFE is so doom and gloom enough to commit suicide? How stupid and pathetic. The only characters that make a little sense to me are the twisted Sonoda and Hatori. Ah, I just don't seem to get the word "intense" to describe this drama. To me "LIFE'" is just too strong to be put into the title for this drama.
Ah, my japanese teacher at school told our class how her life was hell when she was a freshmen. They stayed on the first floor, while the seniors were above, and everytime they tried to use the outside sinks, the seniors spit down on them. Also, if you didn't obey what they say, they'll call you into the dreaded bathrooms, which were where most of the bullying is. 0____o And they would like, stick burnt cigarettes into their skins. And in class, they'd pretend you were dead. So, like, my teacher said that some did actually commit suicide because they couldn't handle it.

But you couldn't tell the teachers, because they can't do anything either, because there are some students that have "connections".

... yeah. That could be just true for her school, but apparently it's an issue in Japan?

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Nov 23rd, '07, 01:08

well, it is true in japan... a few months ago i read somewhere about the number of students in japan have committed suicide because of bullying...and i think the teachers are actually like that based from what i read.

klon22

Post by klon22 » Nov 23rd, '07, 01:19

ohh,, thats seems terrible,

impressive story shannobi,
ive read some stories of bullying too, what a sh..

:(

wubles

Post by wubles » Nov 23rd, '07, 01:33

Whatever else you may say about this show, awesome, awesome soundtrack :)

oniazusa

Post by oniazusa » Nov 23rd, '07, 07:45

Ah, my japanese teacher at school told our class how her life was hell when she was a freshmen. They stayed on the first floor, while the seniors were above, and everytime they tried to use the outside sinks, the seniors spit down on them. Also, if you didn't obey what they say, they'll call you into the dreaded bathrooms, which were where most of the bullying is. 0____o And they would like, stick burnt cigarettes into their skins. And in class, they'd pretend you were dead. So, like, my teacher said that some did actually commit suicide because they couldn't handle it.

But you couldn't tell the teachers, because they can't do anything either, because there are some students that have "connections".

... yeah. That could be just true for her school, but apparently it's an issue in Japan?
I've been to an all boys boarding school where we're all away from parents. Parents didn't aware if their sons were getting bullied. Being isolated in a boarding school is totally different when the 5 years you spent there were the 5 years of your life. 24 hours per day of your life were in school with your friends/bullies. Some of us even willingly offered our bodies to be beaten rigorously by 10 sempais just to obtain the "licence" to smoke. We even got beaten by teachers out of hatred not as part of teaching. Well it was during the time when parents allowed teachers to "cane" their children to discipline them. Being teased with ugly names, parents insulted, betrayed by buddies, being scapegoats, were all part of daily life. Despite all that, we were more ambitious to see our future years ahead than to foolishly throw our lives away. In this drama case, the dumb mother is just too blind to detect the change in her daughter and see what her daughter has been going through. It's a fact everywhere in today's world not just in Japan. It's already too late when the children already commited suicide.

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Nov 24th, '07, 02:50

oniazusa wrote:I've been to an all boys boarding school where we're all away from parents. Parents didn't aware if their sons were getting bullied. Being isolated in a boarding school is totally different when the 5 years you spent there were the 5 years of your life. 24 hours per day of your life were in school with your friends/bullies. Some of us even willingly offered our bodies to be beaten rigorously by 10 sempais just to obtain the "licence" to smoke. We even got beaten by teachers out of hatred not as part of teaching. Well it was during the time when parents allowed teachers to "cane" their children to discipline them. Being teased with ugly names, parents insulted, betrayed by buddies, being scapegoats, were all part of daily life. Despite all that, we were more ambitious to see our future years ahead than to foolishly throw our lives away. In this drama case, the dumb mother is just too blind to detect the change in her daughter and see what her daughter has been going through. It's a fact everywhere in today's world not just in Japan. It's already too late when the children already commited suicide.
Wow, that's pretty harsh. Now there's like, a rule or something about teachers not being able to hit their students. I remember in elementary that rule here was not made yet, so teachers slapped students a lot, even though it wasn't for anything.

And yeah, in LIFE's case, if you can't see the changes in your kid, as in the kid not wanting to go to school often, or if you might see bruises on their skins, what kind of parent are you? :/

Btw, there's a recent article in Japan in relation to suicide.
http://mdn.mainichi.jp/national/news/20 ... 4000c.html
It's already been a year? :scratch: Once they're gone, they're gone.

candyman808

Post by candyman808 » Jan 18th, '08, 02:22

Hi.. Sorry of I post it on the wrong thread.. but

Does anyone know what drama this is called? It's supposed to be new I guess??

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1235616gPfc ... 13&rank=17

emerica1123

Post by emerica1123 » Jan 19th, '08, 06:37

Just finished watching this show. One of the best I've ever seen. Most others pale in comparison. Its a shome the whole thing hasnt been subbed yet.

Even though its in the wrong place, I'm also curious about what drama that is in the post above.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jan 19th, '08, 12:06

candyman808 wrote:Hi.. Sorry of I post it on the wrong thread.. but

Does anyone know what drama this is called? It's supposed to be new I guess??

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1235616gPfc ... 13&rank=17
I posted and asked about this drama here:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... 009#968009

emerica1123

Post by emerica1123 » Jan 20th, '08, 21:08

Does anyone know where the rest of the subs are for this drama is after episode 4? It's way too god to go unfinished.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jan 20th, '08, 22:24

emerica1123 wrote:Does anyone know where the rest of the subs are for this drama is after episode 4? It's way too god to go unfinished.
It's still being worked on by the SOS fansub group.

emerica1123

Post by emerica1123 » Jan 21st, '08, 01:19

Keiko1981 wrote:
emerica1123 wrote:Does anyone know where the rest of the subs are for this drama is after episode 4? It's way too god to go unfinished.
It's still being worked on by the SOS fansub group.
It looks as though they stopped if you look at when the last one was released. Whatever I already watched all of the raws anyway.

reiyuki

Post by reiyuki » Jan 21st, '08, 01:47

It's already done in veoh.com

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1115056Py7KybzB
it's only a preview though...you can watch it full if you have veoh tv...

emerica1123

Post by emerica1123 » Jan 22nd, '08, 00:44

I don't want to watch it on veoh though. I'm looking for actual avi files or something.

anythingthatrhymes

Post by anythingthatrhymes » Jan 28th, '08, 23:30

Ugh, am I the only one who absoutely hates this drama?

I just finished episode 5 and so far it's just Ayumu getting beaten to ****. Sorry but it's sooooooo stupid. I can't watch it without going "OMFG, what is wrong with you?! Just stand up and fight back, don't just sit there and take the abuse smile and go home! Do something!!!"

In reality, no girl would take that crap.

emerica1123

Post by emerica1123 » Jan 29th, '08, 01:02

anythingthatrhymes wrote:Ugh, am I the only one who absoutely hates this drama?

I just finished episode 5 and so far it's just Ayumu getting beaten to ****. Sorry but it's sooooooo stupid. I can't watch it without going "OMFG, what is wrong with you?! Just stand up and fight back, don't just sit there and take the abuse smile and go home! Do something!!!"

You would be surprised. This **** actually happens just not usually on this level. Some people can't stand up for themselves. Besides their society is a bit different than the US.

lomsie

Post by lomsie » Mar 14th, '08, 05:08

Hey, does anyone know the song in the 10th episode when everyone is chasing Manami through the halls? It's not on the soundtrack, and also, the song in ep. 3 when the girl are making Ayumu clean the dishes. I hate when some songs aren't included on the ost! Why do they do that?!

yunizuka

Post by yunizuka » Mar 14th, '08, 13:25

It may sound stupid for you but it's reality, those kind of things really happen even if it's hard to imagine -and understand-
and it's easy to said that you'll fight back if something like that happen but if you're fight back, the bullying is worst ect ect. and as someone said earlier, japanese society is way different from occidental's one.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 17th, '08, 21:13

I've just began to re-watch Life (for the second time)
The first time I was able to watch it on Veoh, before the complete episodes were removed/or you have to have Veoh TV installed. (Don't really know, I don't keep an eye on Veoh that much nowdays).
Anyway, there is this quote written on a paper placed on door in ep 1: This months motto: "A considerate heart"
I just love these small notes. It was interesting that SOS picked up that one. It got my attention.
It's a very varied dresscode in this drama, Ayumu, Manami and Hiro are wearing different sort of uniforms.
Or maybe it has to do with the cost production of the drama.

Pretearg4

Post by Pretearg4 » Mar 30th, '08, 02:29

LIFE was kick A**! I too am watching it for the second time and its even better than the first time. Who knew Japanese high school girls could be so cruel :lol . I was like gosh :O ! It taught me valuable lessons and really touched me at some points. Def suggest watching it. I watched the whole thing in one day non-stop, back to back no-eating or sleeping lol

anythingthatrhymes wrote:
Ugh, am I the only one who absoutely hates this drama?

...and yeah, about what that person said, I know it would be hard for me to stand up for myself and fight back ( :whistling: 1 vs 5.) It also depends on the kind of person you are. If you watch the series to the END, you will understand her reasons for not fighting back :thumright:

lulurz

Post by lulurz » Apr 1st, '08, 23:51

I watched this in a marathon during xmas holz but haven't had time to comment about it~~
I think it was nicely done and it's really cruel to see kids like that but school IS full of bullying (just maybe not that extreme)

the drama brought up a lot of "life" themes for teenagers( no pun intended hhaha)... got me thinkin about it too~
it's sad that the bf went completely nuts but in the meanwhile he really freaked me out anyways

almeyda

Post by almeyda » Apr 2nd, '08, 12:19

Any news of a 2nd season of this drama?

I just finished it and i'm planning to watch it again. Yes, it's that good.

Kudos to the cast who has done an incredibly great performance.

sugarush

Post by sugarush » Apr 3rd, '08, 01:30

truly an entertaining drama :D i think i'm going to check out the manga as well (hope its just as good) anywho aside from the bitchy gang and their take over school i found sako's character the most creepiest and disturbed of all the jdrama's i have seen i have never came upon such a crazy/sadistic character :goggle:

sugarush

Post by sugarush » Apr 3rd, '08, 01:32

oh almost forgot i have heard rumors that there will be a season 2

yunizuka

Post by yunizuka » Apr 3rd, '08, 01:48

eh really they're going to make a second season ?
that'll be great but I hope it won't be the same thing... most of the time when high school dramas (well I know LIFE is kinda different, but still) have another season, it gets really boring because the plot and sorty are the same as the previous one :/
it's better to stop with a good impression with the first season imo :)

syazwanzainul

Post by syazwanzainul » Apr 3rd, '08, 02:19

i've already watch the drama...it was really best,scary,lots of tragedy...drama on bullying that give me goosebump.....when you watch each episod,you'll never wanna stop coz the ending of each episodes wil make you feel curious and want to know what happen next...

i really can't imagine if this kind of bullying really happen in the real world...it was really CRUEL''''

vaberella

Post by vaberella » Apr 10th, '08, 20:11

In reality...many many many girls (and BOYS) and if you are a girl and were put in that position you would take it and that's the end of it. You're one against 5...do you really think you stand a chance? You'd rather just take what they give you without a fight because you could expect to get more and far worse and probably from more of their crew in future if you were able to hit one of them.

You have to be realistic about it and you're system isn't.

People find it better in the long run to take the abuse with a smile because people get bored and then ignore you and leave it at that or torture you for a bit, but when they can't get any emotion or reaction out of you they dump the idea.
emerica1123 wrote:

You would be surprised. This **** actually happens just not usually on this level. Some people can't stand up for themselves. Besides their society is a bit different than the US.
I don't know what you mean about different. If society was that different then people wouldn't get bullied in the US or they would get bullied in the US but not in Japan. Apparently society is not different, and normally not the reaction of the weak.

Only in the US those who are being bullied are known to react violently...extremely violently. Take for instance Columbine. I hate that most people, especially the adults, were like look at these kids what were they're parents teaching them. Or they attacked K-mart for selling the guns. No one said anything about the high school atmosphere. I'm not saying all teenagers do it, but some teenagers react this way. I know many kids had kill lists in my school because of the bullying they were getting.

Those Columbine boys were known as being bullied by jocks regularly and mistreated and no one did a damn thing to help them or make it stop. It just kept going on. A lot of people were blaming music which was non-sense no one even looked at the school and every school in the US kids are bullied. No one is the exception. If someone doesn't like you, a group of others will make fun of you, torture you and pretty much make your life a living hell. Those Columbine kids reacted by doing taht and the infamous movie entitled BULLY which was based on a true story of Florida teens killing a kid who was bullying them.

Some reactions are less violent than others, but in the end the one bullied will always live with that pain and it's a pain that doesn't go away, unfortunately.

vaberella

Post by vaberella » Apr 10th, '08, 20:14

syazwanzainul wrote:i've already watch the drama...it was really best,scary,lots of tragedy...drama on bullying that give me goosebump.....when you watch each episod,you'll never wanna stop coz the ending of each episodes wil make you feel curious and want to know what happen next...

i really can't imagine if this kind of bullying really happen in the real world...it was really CRUEL''''
Check out the film BULLY from the US with Nick Stahl. It's based on a true story and it happens in real life and sometimes 10x worse.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Apr 13th, '08, 14:44

I was told that FUJI TV anounced a LIFE SP for Summer 2008.
Can anybody who is japanese confirm this? The announcement was on Friday.

To me it would make sense since LIFE aired during summer season 2007.
One year later a SP. Also, stop discussing about a second season. What's the sense in making a second season with the same storyline? A SP would make more sense xpecially since there wasn't a real ending.

Mrs-Nishikado

Post by Mrs-Nishikado » Apr 13th, '08, 15:01

i watched this drama last year it really opened my eyes up to bullying,i mean you dont see much bullying here in england...here its more like colour versus non-coloured!!XD seriously pisses me off!!
I think all actors in LIFE were BRILLIANT!

yoshino292

Post by yoshino292 » Apr 13th, '08, 15:42

PLEASSSSSSSSssssssssss Using torrent for upload this drama T-T i can't open its in youtube my internet TOT just broke !!

If it have many file of "LIFE" tv drama pls send me URL i want to check its out and download its by torrent client ^^" i tried to search its on my full day but i have no see T-T

emerica1123

Post by emerica1123 » Apr 13th, '08, 16:21

Search under RAIFU instead of LIFE. It's the literal rominization of the word from Japanese which the fansubbers have been uploading it under.

devillicious

Post by devillicious » Apr 13th, '08, 19:43

vaberella wrote:

In reality...many many many girls (and BOYS) and if you are a girl and were put in that position you would take it and that's the end of it. You're one against 5...do you really think you stand a chance? You'd rather just take what they give you without a fight because you could expect to get more and far worse and probably from more of their crew in future if you were able to hit one of them.

You have to be realistic about it and you're system isn't.

People find it better in the long run to take the abuse with a smile because people get bored and then ignore you and leave it at that or torture you for a bit, but when they can't get any emotion or reaction out of you they dump the idea.
emerica1123 wrote:

I don't know what you mean about different. If society was that different then people wouldn't get bullied in the US or they would get bullied in the US but not in Japan. Apparently society is not different, and normally not the reaction of the weak.

Only in the US those who are being bullied are known to react violently...extremely violently. Take for instance Columbine. I hate that most people, especially the adults, were like look at these kids what were they're parents teaching them. Or they attacked K-mart for selling the guns. No one said anything about the high school atmosphere. I'm not saying all teenagers do it, but some teenagers react this way. I know many kids had kill lists in my school because of the bullying they were getting.

Those Columbine boys were known as being bullied by jocks regularly and mistreated and no one did a damn thing to help them or make it stop. It just kept going on. A lot of people were blaming music which was non-sense no one even looked at the school and every school in the US kids are bullied. No one is the exception. If someone doesn't like you, a group of others will make fun of you, torture you and pretty much make your life a living hell. Those Columbine kids reacted by doing taht and the infamous movie entitled BULLY which was based on a true story of Florida teens killing a kid who was bullying them.

Some reactions are less violent than others, but in the end the one bullied will always live with that pain and it's a pain that doesn't go away, unfortunately.
It also all depends on the person who's getting bullied. I, myself, would take it for a little while but then would eventually get angry enough to say something back. It all depends on what someone is doing to me.

In my church (which should NOT be happening) my sisters are getting bullied. One girl there is spreading rumors about them (and me too but I am older so now I'm in a different class than they are so it doesn't effect me as much) and she is CONSTANTLY talking about us. She's been lying to everyone and now everyone believes her (don't know what the stupid rumor is but it can't be true seeing as we've never done anything wrong to her). We only heard little pieces and are guessing what it is. Anyway, everyone treats my sisters like they had a disease. Whenever the teachers come in, all of the sudden they're acting like they're my sisters' best friends. The bullying isn't THAT bad but bad enough to make my sisters feel annoyed and uncomfortable around them. It's Church for pete's sake! We homeschool so we don't know how bad it is at school. I'll bet it's way worse. <--- We live in Canada. Anyway, this show has taught me a lot and I can actually feel (sort of) what Ayumu is/was going through.

I also know for a fact that there are some girls who would react to the bullying like Ayumu did. Me and my sisters get picked on because we seem nice. Actually, people often get intimidated by me (especially girls and guys who are younger than me) so they don't do too much when I'm around (just completely ignore us). However, when I'm not around, they act like total jerks to my sisters. The girl spreading the rumors even got when of the teachers on her side (since the teacher tutors her on a regular basis) so now my sisters have an even harder time.

Anyway, my sisters and I only take a certain about of verbal abuse. If they were to physically attempt to abuse us, we'd fight back for sure. Same with the verbal abuse. Anymore of that, and they better watch out. We just don't want any problems but we will stand up if they push us enough.

I'm confused for a part on LIFE. I thought Ayumu's best friend, Shii-chan had committed suicide. How come near the end, Shii-chan was on the bus...TWICE?! My sister and I are soooo confused. Please help!

ube

Post by ube » Apr 13th, '08, 20:27

devillicious wrote:
I'm confused for a part on LIFE. I thought Ayumu's best friend, Shii-chan had committed suicide. How come near the end, Shii-chan was on the bus...TWICE?! My sister and I are soooo confused. Please help!
In episode 2, the first 4 minutes of the episode showed that Ayumu went to Shii-chan's house w a bouquet of flowers. You can see from that plot, Shii-chan had only injured her hand (she didn't kill herself). & also It seems that, from the conversation that Ayumu & Shii-chan had, Ayumu had been visiting her a lot to ask for forgiveness

The plot where Shii-chan was on the bus was just to show that she doesn't hate Ayumu that much as b4. That's just my guess..

guuthulhu

Post by guuthulhu » Apr 15th, '08, 23:35

Wow. I just finished watching this drama today. I marathoned through it. I wasn't sure if I actually was going to make it. I really wanted to smash Mana's face against the wall. Never have I watched a show that made my blood boil. It was so hard watching Ayumu suffer so much. I'd really like there to be a second season. The ending scene, just didn't quite do it for me.

Anyhow, I'm definitely going to start reading the manga, since i've read here it's ongoing. Can anyone tell me how far into it the drama goes? I'm just curious how much the drama covers.

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Apr 18th, '08, 21:52

Life's gota b the most dark, deep, deviant, intense, intriguing, interesting drama i've watched. There's adrenaline rush nearly every second. And heart beating faster than the thumping background music.

Ayumu's a budding young actress. Not pretty at first sight but indeed has the kawaii n innocent look, which makes her much more acceptable for guys n girls.

Mana's simply the **** of the bitches. Very well cast for the role. Watched her in Daisuki first and thought she already looked evil eventhough the role didn't call for it.

devillicious

Post by devillicious » Apr 18th, '08, 22:35

ube wrote:
devillicious wrote:
In episode 2, the first 4 minutes of the episode showed that Ayumu went to Shii-chan's house w a bouquet of flowers. You can see from that plot, Shii-chan had only injured her hand (she didn't kill herself). & also It seems that, from the conversation that Ayumu & Shii-chan had, Ayumu had been visiting her a lot to ask for forgiveness

The plot where Shii-chan was on the bus was just to show that she doesn't hate Ayumu that much as b4. That's just my guess..
Oh! Thank you very much! That cleared up so much of my blondness. Usually I catch on but that one scene you mentioned of Ayumu visitng Shii-chan really confused me. For some dumb reason I was thinking it was a flashback (again, it was a blond moment). I don't usually pay attention to the dates because I always get lost and forget what each date is anyway during the scenes :glare: My sister didn't get the scene I mentioned either :blink Well that really helped me. Thanks.

I too want to see more. At the very least they should do a special. That would help with the dumb ending. Anyway, such an awesome drama other than the ending ^^ Sako-kun (or as I call him, Psycho-kun) totally creeped me out. Seriously. I've never been so creeped out before. Plus, his twitches are contagious (me and my sister kept on doing them whenever and wherever without even realizing it). And the music adds the creepy effect. The music was also well done for the rest of the drama. Made me think of the Liar Game music ^^

Anyway, that's my rant for the day....I think O.O

enella09

Post by enella09 » May 19th, '08, 20:34

is there any updates if the rumors about LIFE having SP is confirmed?

i made an MV for LIFE, here it is
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-XD3KrIxaXE

Fairy Yui

Post by Fairy Yui » Jun 16th, '08, 21:04

I am watching this right now and I'm on episode 7 and I just started this early this morning and I really like it so far! I want beat the crap out of Mana so baaad!

Gia86

Post by Gia86 » Jun 24th, '08, 18:27

I love this drama! :cheers: Fukuda Saki as Anzai Manami is the awesomeness. Love the manga too :P

emerica1123

Post by emerica1123 » Jul 18th, '08, 20:07

I'm looking for the 18th volume of the LIFE manga; the last one released. Does anyone know where I can find it either scanned or for sale with decent shipping. Amazon japan wants me to pay 3000 yen shipping for a 450 yen book. unbelievable.

Is there like a barnes and nobles japan?

Felguard

Post by Felguard » Aug 20th, '08, 04:25

Pretty interesting drama, thanks for subbing. I blame the teachers!

windstar~

Post by windstar~ » Jan 10th, '09, 18:55

Translation of the official correlation chart as seen on the Wiki page:

http://i44.tinypic.com/21ye5x.jpg

Feel free to use it in the Wiki article. :-)

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Jan 10th, '09, 21:05

That Manami is a scary b*tch isn't she. The lovely Fukada Saki played her character so flawlessly..........bloody brilliant and scary at the same time.

lomsie

Post by lomsie » Apr 9th, '09, 03:24

emerica1123 wrote:I'm looking for the 18th volume of the LIFE manga; the last one released. Does anyone know where I can find it either scanned or for sale with decent shipping. Amazon japan wants me to pay 3000 yen shipping for a 450 yen book. unbelievable.

Is there like a barnes and nobles japan?
There is this website that sells all the manga up to vol. 19.

http://benippon.com/

You will need PayPal to buy from there I think. I've bought through them before, it's pretty reliable and good service.

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » Apr 9th, '09, 03:56

!

No way vol 19 is out! :cheers:

sobasuki

Post by sobasuki » Jun 7th, '10, 07:42

This was really good, first drama to get me properly hooked in ages! The actors playing the 3 good friends were all great.

Gonna have to stealthily hit the 少女 section of book off again to see if the story has gone any further :$

lomsie

Post by lomsie » Jun 8th, '10, 02:25

Kakijun wrote:!

No way vol 19 is out! :cheers:
It's all the Japanese volumes, though. No English! But it's great for language practice if you're learning Japanese.

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Jun 6th, '11, 00:29

I just watched a marathon of this series. It was done really well. Aside from Manami, I thought the most upsetting characters were Toda-sensei and the other teachers at the school who chose to ignore the bullying. Especially Toda-sensei because she not only chose to ignore the bullying, but also blamed Ayumu for it.

The most disturbing character was definitely Katsumi. He did a good job of acting crazy. I hope he was exposed for raping or molesting the women in his photobook. That is ****ing disgusting.