[Discussion] Hotaru no Hikari (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Aug 26th, '10, 07:29

Ok, so finished translating ep 6, and boy, that ending. are the two .... dead fish? or what?!?
After Amemiya said all that about the boss, I wonder if he's dead or something....? I can see why some are waiting until the last ep. to start watching again....

But Seno is a totally 2D paper-thin farce - heck, even his pronouncements are so .... dull. Wonder what on earth the writers were doing?? Bench warmer contract?

Haven't seen 7 yet, so we'll see what develops....

Tran

Post by Tran » Aug 26th, '10, 10:25

bloggingpig wrote:Ok, so finished translating ep 6, and boy, that ending. are the two .... dead fish? or what?!?
After Amemiya said all that about the boss, I wonder if he's dead or something....? I can see why some are waiting until the last ep. to start watching again....

But Seno is a totally 2D paper-thin farce - heck, even his pronouncements are so .... dull. Wonder what on earth the writers were doing?? Bench warmer contract?

Haven't seen 7 yet, so we'll see what develops....

Thanks bloggingpig for the sub! and yes please if you have time work on 7 and by the way how is your job search going, any luck? :D

Still like this series best, hope Ayase would get some kind of award again. She can play all sort of emotions and still make it believable. I'm gonna really miss Buchou and Hotaru when this is all over :-(

fsaith

Post by fsaith » Aug 27th, '10, 15:46

Hi would like to know if anyone knows how many episodes are there in all for this season? Thanks!

knuts

Post by knuts » Aug 27th, '10, 16:23

was there no ep 8 aired this week?
did I miss something?

FalleRa

Post by FalleRa » Aug 27th, '10, 17:44

fsaith wrote:Hi would like to know if anyone knows how many episodes are there in all for this season? Thanks!
11 ep.
knuts wrote:was there no ep 8 aired this week?
did I miss something?
The dorama airied every week on Wednesday.
You can download new episodes on Friday or Saturday here.

knuts

Post by knuts » Aug 27th, '10, 18:21

FalleRa wrote:
fsaith wrote:Hi would like to know if anyone knows how many episodes are there in all for this season? Thanks!
11 ep.
knuts wrote:was there no ep 8 aired this week?
did I miss something?
The dorama airied every week on Wednesday.
You can download new episodes on Friday or Saturday here.
thanks for your reply
sorry, I should be more patient
but since there was not even one comment about ep 8, I started wonder what was happening.

Tran

Post by Tran » Aug 28th, '10, 02:45

Still waiting for Viiki sub ep8, but I watch the raw even though I don't understand anything...hehe...but I like this one better then last because there was lots of Buchou x Hotaru moments and some cute moments too... I think Hotaru stood Buchou up 2 times overwork .... and I think Buchou is leaving not sure...

stupidolive

Post by stupidolive » Aug 28th, '10, 03:31

Right, buchou left, saying that it was not b/c he doesnt like her, it was his problem - he needed some distance :)
I love the present he left for her - well, I like the note he left "To Hotaru, From Seiichi" How cute~~~~~~~
next ep, Seno will approach Hotaru! from the preview on ntv website, he asked her that bucho is not around, what would she do if he kisses her and approached her...

i look forward to next episode!

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Aug 28th, '10, 22:32

knuts wrote: sorry, I should be more patient
but since there was not even one comment about ep 8, I started wonder what was happening.
I'm wondering too what is happening. The last few episodes have not been good. What happened to the hilarious drama, not much humour, no rythm left... I have been yawning at the last two episodes ;(

Hope things will get better before it ends!

Tran

Post by Tran » Aug 28th, '10, 23:12

I'm wondering too what is happening. The last few episodes have not been good. What happened to the hilarious drama, not much humour, no rythm left... I have been yawning at the last two episodes ;(

Hope things will get better before it ends![/quote]

I don't think we gonna get anymore funnier moments than what we have been given this season, because Hotaru suppose to get mature eventually and matured people is somewhat a bit boring ....

I've always curious why Buchou relationship with Konatsu didn't work out? In one of the episode he said he's seen her naked many many times! (and darn... now can't even give Hotaru a proper kiss... WHAT???/) Who left whom in the first place?

Somehow you have to feel sorry for Buchou, his first wife isn't a good cook and now Hotaru is not any better. Maybe he should switch role and be the house husband and let the other bring money home...hehe

Yeah, can't wait till next week to see what Hotaru does when her Buchou is not around and will Seno grab the chance to attack? Will Hotaru wavers?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 29th, '10, 01:19

I personally still love the recent episodes. I don't mind the less humors, as long as the story is still good and keeping up. And yes, Hotaru have to mature anyway. (just like how Nodame movie sequels are less funny, coz Chiaki-Nodame have matured XD)

Next week spoiler:
Seem like Bucho and Hotaru will finally kiss!!^v^ I'm very sure of it! Or else, they won't include that scene in the preview.
About what Seno said in Ep8
When he said he might be going to New York... Somehow I have this wild idea that there's really gonna be a movie sequel titled "Hotaru no Hikari in New York! The Movie" :lol I dunno, maybe the whole office get a project or something in NY, and they meet Seno again there :P Plus, Bucho-Hotaru's honeymoon^^

nhyn

Post by nhyn » Aug 29th, '10, 04:02

in the last part of the preview, there are 2 things that make me anxious for the next ep:
- Hotaru bowing to Konatsu saying something along the line of entrusting Buchou to Konatsu (it's hard to translate without a full context but that's what I'm assuming)
- Hotaru's voiceover saying "I've tried, but can't do it..." when a scene of Buchou sitting alone in a cafe was shown
If she gives up the whole marriage thing just because she thinks she can't handle mendokusai/troublesome stuff well and will let Buchou down, and that Konatsu will be better-suited for Buchou, I WILL KILL THE WRITER. I WILL. That's like, a lamer version of the whole "I have cancer so I can't be with you cos it'll be really sad...and troublesome..." kinda excuse in kdramas in the old days...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 29th, '10, 05:36

nhyn wrote:If she gives up the whole marriage thing just because she thinks she can't handle mendokusai/troublesome stuff well and will let Buchou down, and that Konatsu will be better-suited for Buchou, I WILL KILL THE WRITER. I WILL. That's like, a lamer version of the whole "I have cancer so I can't be with you cos it'll be really sad...and troublesome..." kinda excuse in kdramas in the old days...
Don't worry. Unless she said all that in the finale episode, the story won't turn that way. Typical J-drama pattern, they will make the audience think everything's falling apart 1-2 eps before it ends, but then it will turn out a happy ending for Hotaru-Bucho in the finale ep :roll

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Aug 29th, '10, 07:23

Tran wrote:and yes please if you have time work on 7 and by the way how is your job search going, any luck? :D
Not bad. 4 resumes, 1 interview, but no strike. Still pretty good results -- for job fishing. lol...

Still, been ignoring that recently translating these dramas, so it's my own little hole I'm digging. ha ha!

Anyways, just over 1/2 way done with ep 2, and will be starting 7 after. Probably finish 2 Sunday unless friends call. This is a touch nicer for those that want to start at the beginning with subtitles... Thought the others would have translated 1+ by now, but looks like I'm it for now.

---

You never know, JP dramas maybe be predictable, but if Hotaru keeps up, it might just create yet another excuse to delay everything until Hotaru 3! lol...

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Aug 30th, '10, 06:41

Okay, so #2 of my EN+JP subtitles up, and it's a rather smooth, fun episode. I only hope that nobody does the PET bottle thing (really doesn't do much for energy - either cover, or more efficent heater).

Of course, I do wonder a tiny bit what Seno meant with his last couple of lines - they had something 'sneaky' going on that'll surprise us way later, or just an innocent joke.

---

Romance-wise, I'd have to say other dramas have more umph; funny girl-wise, I liked Ueto in Attention Please more; and comedy wise, well.... I must be liking the first one better. Or maybe it's just the translation wears one out thing?

Anyways, yawn! time for sleep.... ,)

LoveWillB4U

Post by LoveWillB4U » Sep 1st, '10, 13:57

Major Spoiler.
I just have 2 things to say about this episode. FINALLY and he needs to learn how to kiss better.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 1st, '10, 14:38

bloggingpig wrote:
You never know, JP dramas maybe be predictable, but if Hotaru keeps up, it might just create yet another excuse to delay everything until Hotaru 3! lol...
I would definitely would not watch hotaru 3 if it did happen. I am enjoying S2 at the moment but there are not much dramatic changes with S1 in terms of hotaru's behaviour and lovelife. I hate it wwhen they drag a story

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 1st, '10, 20:22

LoveWillB4U wrote:Major Spoiler.
I just have 2 things to say about this episode. FINALLY and he needs to learn how to kiss better.
LOL, come on, it's Japan, give the man some credit.

Tran

Post by Tran » Sep 1st, '10, 22:41

LoveWillB4U wrote:Major Spoiler.
So there was no WOW factor then? I'm so been looking forward to this one.... have not watched it yet, try to watch tonight when go home, hope it will be on Tudo.

To those you have watched it, do you guys like it or not? please do tell!!

I would love to see a Hotaru movie...hehehe

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Sep 1st, '10, 23:08

He deserves no credit at all

I went in search of it and it was terrible. It was like they both thought the other had cooties or something. It would have been different if it were Kimura Takuya. The kisses in Buzzer Beat were better. The kiss in Jun's latest drama was rather tame but still miles better than this. I'm not even sure their lips touched!

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 1st, '10, 23:23

12bucklemyshoe wrote:He deserves no credit at all

I went in search of it and it was terrible. It was like they both thought the other had cooties or something. It would have been different if it were Kimura Takuya. The kisses in Buzzer Beat were better. The kiss in Jun's latest drama was rather tame but still miles better than this. I'm not even sure their lips touched!
Weird.
I swear I've seen Fujoko Naohito and Ayase Haruka kissing other people and doing a pretty job. Too bad.

Tran

Post by Tran » Sep 3rd, '10, 10:30

one thing I really really don't like this season is Hotaru's hair style, the two long fringe split middle in the front. It just looks so ugly on her, doesn't make justice for her beautiful face!

half way through the raw of ep 9 and so far no special feeling ....

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 3rd, '10, 11:09

to be honest, i am disappointed with this season. nothing special. i was so excited at first but with each ep, more and more i realise that there was no point in making this series if they intended for its story to go like this. i mean dragging and no developments between characters. waste of time. and for some reasons, hotaru is getting on my nerves more than S1. was she this childish in S1 too? :scratch:

Tran

Post by Tran » Sep 3rd, '10, 11:42

Issy wrote:to be honest, i am disappointed with this season. nothing special. i was so excited at first but with each ep, more and more i realise that there was no point in making this series if they intended for its story to go like this. i mean dragging and no developments between characters. waste of time. and for some reasons, hotaru is getting on my nerves more than S1. was she this childish in S1 too? :scratch:

If we go back and compare there are many similar scene with s1, like the elevator scene btw Hotaru and Buchou in this episode. The scene in S1 was much more enjoyable.

And what the heck, we've been waiting for 3 years and 9 weeks and look what we get!! Honestly is that a let down or WHAT?

Hello Mr Director are you intentionally did that or what? and for what purpose? second time better?

If not, I think we all need a second take!

CalzoneLover

Post by CalzoneLover » Sep 4th, '10, 07:00

SouthsideIrish wrote:Just google it. I looked yesterday and a site should up within the top 3 links that is posting raws, but they only had 13. 14 and 15 were not up yet. I think the LJ site was lazy-catmoon.
14 and 15 available :wub:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 4th, '10, 15:00

Whoa, whoa, whoa... am I the only one who absolutely loved Ep9 here? :P I was getting worried after the last 2 eps ( Ep7-8 ) didn't had much progress or anything exciting. But I'm glad Ep9 picks up again!

This season is DEFINITELY BETTER than S1, for me. My favorite people were Hotaru and Kaname Jinguji in S1, but their love stories sucked for me, because I hated Makoto and Yuka characters. I really thought Yuka didn't deserve Kaname's sincere love back then. I even like Konatsu better than Yuka.

I don't think S2 is draggy at all. I don't know what minna here expect, but I think Hotaru2 depicts the ups and downs of the relationship of two people with different characteristics, very well. And it's about how they put in effort on how to get through their relationship's troubles. That's the point of the story. (kinda reminds me of Love Generation, but Hotaru2 is the comedy version)

About Ep9
Finally, Bucho is acting like a man this time! And I don't mean only the kiss^^ I also love that despite Bucho left the house, he was in still very good terms with Hotaru to the extent of quarelling with her about the ring :lol If this is another love story, another man like Seno might've managed to kiss Hotaru in her despair. And... waaa, he finally have a new nickname for her! Ahotaru!! :cheers: Love it!! If only Hotaru would call him Seiichi-san back^^ This episode really made me go back to 50-50 abt Bucho-Hotaru and Seno-Hotaru XD Komatta!
I also totally loved Seno-Hotaru scenes!! They're really cute... haha, just like a pair of elementary kids :lol Although I prefer Hotaru to say "Even if you kiss me, my feelings for Bucho will never change!" rather than "If you kiss me, I might come to like you!" to Seno. The latter is what she said in the episode, and I felt it's like she was giving Seno hopes, that way. Seem like ever since he heard that Seno gained some kind of confidence, proven he asked her out again(just the two of them alone) when he took her home. And although he said he want to know Hotaru better so he can hate her, I think it meant he actually have the courage now to try to steal Hotaru away from Bucho :unsure:
Hotaru2 have definitely not let me down so far. In fact, it's the only drama I'm still watching almost to the end this season :lol

Tran

Post by Tran » Sep 5th, '10, 12:14

Even though we don't like this episode that much because we expected too much from Buchou but seems like Hotaru likes it and she wants to have some more in the next episode... Can't wait! Two more episode left.

By the way are we ever going to see Buchou wearing the Jinbei that Hotaru bought for him??

shioki

Post by shioki » Sep 6th, '10, 14:49

I find S2 pretty funny, with lots of laughter every eps :D i was nearly rooting for seno/hotaru in the middle of the series...their silly actions was just pretty silly, but thats it. buchou/hotaru is still the best couple here :)

In ep9
i think the kiss was seriously lacking in something too...might be due to buchou's old age or hotaru's himono-ness or something...
I will be looking forward to the next ep where
Buchou's father return. seems like things aren't going well btw buchou and his dad.

wow...I just remembered... he was the one who gave hotaru the house in s1.

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Sep 7th, '10, 03:24

lol.... translating eps 7, and suddenly...

1....2....3....4.... 9...10...11 second cop-a-feel moment! buchoo! lol.... bad boy!

I'll "goro goro" back to translating....

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Sep 7th, '10, 07:37

I don't find S2 lacking. It's pretty funny. The whole series is about how two people with opposite personalities can be together and get married. There has to be a lot of understanding and forgiveness to be together. Also they showed how each others' personalities are rubbing off on each other.

I found hotaru/seno pairing to be comedy relief. They're so funny and cute together while Hotaru/Buchou is too serious. I think not everyone can tolerate Hotaru. I don't think Seno would be able to tolerate her either if he knew the real Hotaru. Buchou is understanding and tolerant of her because he truly loves her.
As for the kiss, it wasn't great but I would say it's because Hotaru was surprised. She didn't kiss back at all.
I was touched by Buchou's "I'll be your porch" ^^;

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Sep 8th, '10, 03:37

Well, certainly, this season isn't a 'lightweight' romance drama like many others out there. The stuff I'm translating at times... makes me feel like I'm with two 'adults' having a deep discussion about the theoretics of various aspects of romance and their 'being'.

Probably why the ratings are still high - a lot of couples have gone through similar and it's touchy-feely reflection time for them. The rest of us that simply want them to Get On With It!!, well.... still waiting....

Long Vacation? lol... not even close. The Takuya/Yamaguchi chemistry was just so much better for the chemistry and directing - way more burn!... imo. (which is reflected in its ratings 2x higher than Hotaru 2 ....) (Not to mention, anything with Takuya will raise interest and ratings - eg Moon Lovers...)

I think the difference may be in the story/directing of Hotaru 2.

eg. in ep 7, they're off fighting, and suddenly, it stops with a question. Huh? Not even a few moments of struggle to change their state of mind - just a flick of the switch and it goes from fighting to talking. Thus, even though it may be a comedy romance, it feels 'mechanical' and unreal.

And here, the supporting cast is a bit bland - is there no one else we can really root for? Just Hotaru herself? Seno/Sakuragi should be something exciting, but instead, they're boring sitting drinking beer and eating. Izaki? - huh? Yamada - they're practically married and merely moving pieces around. Bucho/Konatsu - er, what's up with the cold shoulder after 'I've seen you naked many times already'?

Most good dramas, you'd have Bucho + Hotaru as the main draw. Then, Seno + Sakuragi, and Konatsu as the side plays. Then, Bucho dithers back to Konatsu, Hotaru does a love triangle with Seno/Sakuragi, and cat fur flies! (And if you must have Izaki, Seno with Izaki.)

Ho ho! Then some real romantic problems would crop up and funny situations would pop up from all the cross-romance going on.

Tran

Post by Tran » Sep 8th, '10, 04:50

seirin wrote:
I was touched by Buchou's "I'll be your porch" ^^;
Me too! I thought Buchou was quite romantic "I'll be your porch" . Who wouldn't be touched by that?

In this episode Hotaru keeps mention Buchou is old many times in the letter she wrote makes it a bit funny :)

Everyone keeps mention Long Vacation? Is it that good of a series, should I go and check it out?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 8th, '10, 04:56

Hmm... if it's about what I posted... I didn't mention Long Vacation at all y'know XD

I said LOVE GENERATION, the one with KimuTaku and MATSU TAKAKO. Basic simple story of the ups and downs of a couple's relationship. That's all. And I don't mean to compare with chemistry, acting, story, or the production in general. Just the idea of the story.

Coz most romantic dramas tells the journey how two people get together, a romantic drama about a couple trying to maintain their relationship is not really much :)

But OFF-TOPIC, yeah, Long Vacation is a very good romantic drama! I recommend it :thumright: It's more in the category of "a romantic drama about how two people get together", but nevertheless, it's really good!^v^

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Sep 8th, '10, 05:17

Oh, Love Generation?

Seriously, start with Long Vacation - sets the bar high for love dramas, and it's the one to start with (later Love Generation touches upon some of the story bits of the first one).

---

My top list of serious dramas include:
Long Vacation
KouKou Kyoushi (1st one, not remake)
Sekai ai no cyushin de...
Aoi Tori
majo no joken

Lighter ones:
Attention Please
Nurse no Shigoto

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Sep 8th, '10, 06:57

I actually found long vacation kind of boring...

Love Generation was kind of funny at parts but I was crying during most of the show. It was so heart wrenching. So far I haven't shed a tear here yet ^^; Mostly just laugh at Seno and Hotaru's silly antics.

About moon lovers though. I heard the ratings were low? Even with Kimutaku
Seno/Sakuragi should be something exciting
uhh...there's no Seno/Sakuragi. It's a one-sided relationship. Seno doesn't have any feelings for her at all.

Buchou <--> Hotaru <-- Seno <--- Sakuragi

I don't know why there has to be so many pairings anyway. Life is not perfect. Just because you like someone doesn't mean that person has feelings for you also. That's just too perfect and unreal.

The situation they are setting up is, will Buchou and Hotaru survive the test of time? Will they be able to over come their opposite personalities and age difference? Will Buchou and Hotaru stay faithful even if there are other people interested in them? Or will they weaver and love others? Buchou was still slightly attracted to his ex. Hotaru went doki doki for Seno. Can the couple be torn apart or survive through adversity?

I don't know what people are looking for. Are they waiting for Hotaru and Buchou to jump into bed together? There are enough dramas like that. That's pretty shallow too. Anyone can just jump into bed and not have feelings towards each other. Hotaru and Buchou's feelings have gone past that. Although Hotaru is young, she's kind of gotten mature through Buchou's influence I think. They're like an old couple who prefers understanding and tolerance. They will be considerate of each other and just enjoy each others company. Even if they don't talk, just sit and be together.

That's why I found the line "I'll be your porch" so touching. Even if you have a hard time or struggling, even through rain or shine, I'll be there for you. You'll have a place to return to (by my side). I think that's better than any kiss. I mean look at Hotaru and Makoto. They kissed, they slept together. Look where it got their relationship. Nowhere. It was superficial.

Tran

Post by Tran » Sep 8th, '10, 12:31

seirin wrote:I actually found long vacation kind of boring...

Love Generation was kind of funny at parts but I was crying during most of the show. It was so heart wrenching. So far I haven't shed a tear here yet ^^; Mostly just laugh at Seno and Hotaru's silly antics.

uhh...there's no Seno/Sakuragi. It's a one-sided relationship. Seno doesn't have any feelings for her at all.

I don't know why there has to be so many pairings anyway. Life is not perfect. Just because you like someone doesn't mean that person has feelings for you also. That's just too perfect and unreal.

The situation they are setting up is, will Buchou and Hotaru survive the test of time? Will they be able to over come their opposite personalities and age difference? Will Buchou and Hotaru stay faithful even if there are other people interested in them? Or will they weaver and love others? Buchou was still slightly attracted to his ex. Hotaru went doki doki for Seno. Can the couple be torn apart or survive through adversity?

I don't know what people are looking for. Are they waiting for Hotaru and Buchou to jump into bed together? There are enough dramas like that. That's pretty shallow too. Anyone can just jump into bed and not have feelings towards each other. Hotaru and Buchou's feelings have gone past that. Although Hotaru is young, she's kind of gotten mature through Buchou's influence I think. They're like an old couple who prefers understanding and tolerance. They will be considerate of each other and just enjoy each others company. Even if they don't talk, just sit and be together.

That's why I found the line "I'll be your porch" so touching. Even if you have a hard time or struggling, even through rain or shine, I'll be there for you. You'll have a place to return to (by my side). I think that's better than any kiss. I mean look at Hotaru and Makoto. They kissed, they slept together. Look where it got their relationship. Nowhere. It was superficial.
Honestly, I can't see how Buchou X Hotaru jump into bed together? they love each other? yes! they cared for each other greatly, they are comfortable around each other, but sexually attracted to each other???? I didn't see it, not yet!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 8th, '10, 14:18

Yeah, the sexual attraction is completely missing. Well there is that kind of love, too but it still ticks me off. I mean seriously if you love somebody not as a friend but as someone you want to spend your life with, shouldn't you desire them physically? They are two grown ups living together and there's no sparks at all.
Does himono onna not want it becuase it's mendokusai as well?! ;-) They are sweet and all but they are exactly like my grandparents. Maybe they skippe all the other stages a relationship usually goes through and arrived at the state where they are just content with the other's presence and the feeling of security...

Somehow the 2nd season is a bit tiring to me, not as uplifting and fun as the first and I too started to get bored with their lack of progress.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Sep 8th, '10, 14:35

seirin wrote:I actually found long vacation kind of boring...

I agree with you. Not everything is about sex and actually, physical attraction really wasn't a factor that brought them together. Like when I kinda use to read this thread everyone was like "kiss kiss kiss already!" but like their relationship started out more differently. They were room mates boss/employee first and emotionally started to develop feelings for each other. And even toward the end of season 1, they weren't like in a hurry to do it after they confessed. Plus, I think they're both weird people in their own way lol.

Hotaru seems to only have know what she's "suppose" to do and Buchou... well, I think if he wanted to be "comforted" he probably would have done it a long time ago back in season one after the divorce. Hes a very reserved man.. (is that hte word I'm looking for..? Reserved...? ) well like he's not like all those stereotypical pervy older men who likes getting it with younger girls ^_^; There we go.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 8th, '10, 15:19

saying that this drama is getting draggy and not exciing is definitely NOT like saying want them to jump into bed togther. we have established that from S1 and i think people who are looking for these kinds of dramas dont think of Hotaru no Hikari as such drama. even though it had its fair share of hotaru in other guy's bed.

maybe it's me. maybe my expectation of this drama was too high. but for some reasons, i am not enjoying it as much as i thought i would. of course, it does have its beautiful and touchy moments. but most of time, there is not much of story going on to be honest. it's like S1 story getting recycled all over again.

i'm still watching though. my most favourite scens of this drama is whenever Hotaru and buchou are arguing their point to eachother :P
Last edited by Issy on Sep 8th, '10, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 8th, '10, 17:01

Tran wrote: Honestly, I can't see how Buchou X Hotaru jump into bed together? they love each other? yes! they cared for each other greatly, they are comfortable around each other, but sexually attracted to each other???? I didn't see it, not yet!
Me too. I'm in the target age range for this drama (27 years old) and I find this aspect of it really frustrating (partly because I've had similar experiences in real life, so I sort of know how this goes). I liked the first season because it established the relationship and developed the characters, but the longer season 2 goes on, the more unbelievable and frustrating it becomes. A couple can be emotionally very close, but if there's no sexual attraction or desire, they won't last as a romantic couple.

It's inconsistent, too, to write these characters as if they're 16 and inexperienced and shy. They've both had experience, and I can't believe that two people in love barely touch each other after getting engaged. I'm not looking for trashy hot-and-heavy romance, just a little bit of realism that makes me believe these people love each other and will last.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Sep 8th, '10, 20:07

I think some people are missing the point. The couple didn't get together as a couple to begin with. They were room mates who became close and comfortable with each other. Physical attraction isn't the only thing that holds couples together. The older generation of Japanese are very reserved. Yet, you hardly hear they get a divorce. They don't show their feelings publicly. If you kiss or hold each other in public, people stare at you. They would think it's indecent.

My point is, Buchou probably respects Hotaru to put moves on her until they are married. Also, its kind of awkward to suddenly kiss someone who you've known for so many years when you haven't even kissed before. It has to be the right mood and condition. You don't just kiss out of the blue. I guess it's kind of like you want the kiss to be precious/special. I found their kiss awkward. Hotaru was surprised and didn't respond. Buchou kissed her without the mood setting. It's like, I gotta kiss her! Everyone is expecting it or something.

Physical attraction doesn't make a couple last long. It's understanding and compromising that can keep a marriage.

The way they write, I can definitely see how Buchou is rubbing off on Hotaru. Hotaru seems to become as reserved as Buchou. She's even becoming a bit more organized from the end of ep9. Her first relationship failed because is it was on attraction instead of understanding and she was really hurt by it. But after living with Buchou, she's learned there's more to relationships than that. Buchou gives her security and he's someone she respects.

Buchou has made several advances on her but he kept himself in check. He doesn't want to pressure her to rush into anything. He invited her into his bed several times, she rushed off cuz she wasn't ready. After jumping into bed with her ex so easily, she probably feels anxiety and shy. She hasn't slept with someone for so long. She doesn't want to mess it up with Buchou. What if he doesn't like her in bed? What if it becomes awkward? etc

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 8th, '10, 20:52

Well I agree with what you write seirin, but that wasn't my point. I don't wanna see them kiss or have sex or be flirty and clingy all the time. I understand their characters, their reservations and their special relationship and I don't want this to be your average romcom.

What I was talking about is the feeling of being physically attracted to each other, like they should want it but then end up not doing anything. which i did see on bucho's side to a certain extent but even that stopped and Ahotaru seems like an asexual prude which is weird considering her age and her previous experiences.

I am a bit diappointed because i had my hopes up high in the beginning. But now I miss development on all fronts

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 8th, '10, 21:34

The issue isn't that they're reserved in public. That makes sense. But alone, at home, they're just as physically distant and reserved, with no real expression of lust/longing/desire. All those reserved old people who aren't into PDA were and are still getting it on at home, in private. And I don't buy Hotaru's persistent prudery unless she just really doesn't want to sleep with her fiance, which is obviously a problem. Conversely if she does but just cannot bring herself to betray any hint of it, she has exactly the same problem she had with Makoto--an ability to be herself and be honest to her boyfriend. They don't need to have sex before they get married (though premarital sex doesn't seem to be a concern for either) but Hotaru needs to want to be with him and find him physically attractive. That's the whole point of being lovers instead of platonic best friends.

I think the real problem is with Hotaru being written as too cartoony and inconsistent; the charade of awkwardness is dragging well beyond the point of believability. Bucho is more realistic, and the dissonance between the way the two characters are written doesn't work.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Sep 8th, '10, 21:47

I agree it's the problem on Hotaru's part but I think she has a lot of insecurities? Physical attraction is one issue. But the big issue is her lack of self confidence. From the past few episodes, she feels she's not good enough for Buchou. She's always thinking Konatsu is a better match for him. She's trying to change her ways so when she does go to Buchou, she will be his perfect wife. At one point, she did try to seduce Buchou, but it turned out terrible. He thought she was doing charades. After 3 years of no dating, maybe she's forgotten how to act sexy? Or maybe she never knew. Makoto was probably the one leading before. Buchou doesn't want to make a move on Hotaru until she's ready. But Hotaru doesn't know how to make the move. She's trying hard to be the ideal wife and failing badly. If she does have physical contact with buchou and their marriage plans ends up falling apart, I think she would feel devastated. Much worse than when she broke up with Makoto.

In ep 9,
I felt Buchou was right in leaving Hotaru temporarily. She seemed to take his proposal too lightly. How could she take the ring he bought for her so lightly. It's such an expensive ring and she thinks, how many beers could this have bought me? What is more important? His sincerity or her beers? I think Hotaru might have been happier if Buchou spent the 12,500 US on beers for her than a ring for their engagement. He had a right to be mad. Hotaru seems to have an alcohol problem :P Even in S1 when she was so thrilled to get a date with Makoto but she totally forgot about it when she thought about drinking beer on her porch and ran off home after a hard days work.

Also, Hotaru pawning him off so easily to Konatsu cuz she can't find the ring. She lacks self confidence, but worse, she's treating him as an object to be given away at will.

All in all, I am wondering of Hotaru is afraid to get hurt again.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Sep 8th, '10, 23:00

As someone who dropped this in episode 3, I think it makes no sense for an engaged couple to appear to have no lust for each other. And I don't see what respect has to do with wanting to be physical with your own fiance. I haven't been watching so I don't know... but do they even hug, hold hands and do things like that? They don't have to be sleeping together or kissing all the time to show that they are attracted to one another. I already thought the proposal was kind of random in the first place but whatever.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Sep 9th, '10, 00:05

12bucklemyshoe wrote:As someone who dropped this in episode 3, I think it makes no sense for an engaged couple to appear to have no lust for each other. And I don't see what respect has to do with wanting to be physical with your own fiance. I haven't been watching so I don't know... but do they even hug, hold hands and do things like that? They don't have to be sleeping together or kissing all the time to show that they are attracted to one another. I already thought the proposal was kind of random in the first place but whatever.
From your description, every Omiai would end up in failure. If two people don't lust for each other, they shouldn't get married O_o.

Anyhow Hotaru and Buchou are two of a kind. I mean...who rolls around on the floor and makes weird sounds. Hotaru even influenced Buchou to roll around on the floor. It's odd coming from a 40 some odd year old man acting like a kid. That seems to be their way of sharing closeness.

As for respect. It has everything to do with it. I wouldn't want a fiance who tries to force himself on me without regard for my feelings. I would find it disrespectful if someone pulls one over on me saying I'm your fiance, I have the right to force you to sleep with me. No one has a right to force someone to do something they don't feel comfortable with. I think Buchou does hug Hotaru but not often. Doesn't mean he has no attraction to her. He's more sensitive to her needs and understands her well.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Sep 9th, '10, 02:55

An arranged marriage and a love marriage are different, aren't they? Bucho & Hotaru are embarking on a love marriage. In an arranged marriage, the idea is that love will follow. Bucho & Hotaru supposedly fell in love in Season 1 so the love is already there, but how come there's no passion? That's the main problem. How can a couple claim to be in love, or at least at the end of season 1, even if there was no kiss, we were made to believe that they were now a couple and the word "love" was even used.

I am not saying that Bucho should force himself on her. But they don't even act as if they lust after each other. Lust is a big part of being in love. If most couples started off like how grandparents act in their 90s, the population would be a lot smaller than it currently is. I'm not saying they need to be all over each other (even though I wouldn't mind that) but a couple that's fallen in love and heading towards marriage, in my experience, doesn't act like this. It's not even like they are desire each other and are nervous about showing it(from what I've seen), but it's like they don't even think about it.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Sep 9th, '10, 08:52

Everyone has their own ideas on love. Theirs is like a mature love. Do old couples even still lust after each other? Their love is more like a mutual understanding. They're workaholics before being couples. Hotaru wants someone who understands her. I mean, how can 2 people still be dating if they don't even email each other from a distance? Usually not many long distance relationships last, especially being 3 years apart. And worst is Hotaru only emailed Buchou once in 3 years while the rest were work related. In a normal relationship, this would be called a break up. Hotaru works hard and really puts 110% her effort into work. That's what Buchou admires about her. What Hotaru really seems to want is an understanding life long partner and someone who can tolerate her bad habits. She just wants a quiet life. After working hard, she just wants a quiet and comfortable place to return to and have someone share a beer and conversation with. That's her himonness lifestyle. Even with Buchou, she doesn't need to change her lifestyle. Having to make an effort to be all lovey dovey (cellphone love message failure) and kissy kissy (the forced seduction failure) is probably mendoksai for her. Others include, keeping her likes in failure, making breakfast in the morning failure, etc. It will come naturally when she feels like it and not forced.

In a regular couple, you would see them writing cute messages with emoticons all over, hugging and kissing, waking up in bed together and she wakes up early to make him breakfast. If he doesn't like something, she will refrain from doing it. But Hotaru is not that type. She put in a lot of effort in S1 to do it for Makoto and the relationship failed. It was mendoksai for her and came to nothing but a broken heart. With Buchou she can just be herself. I don't think anyone else can stand her. If it was anyone else, she would be alone again because the guy would break up with her. She practically fails in relationships. He takes off 3 days to spend with her, she asks him to spend it with the little girl. He plans a schedule for their dinner and movie date, she fails to show up. He arranges for their wedding photo shoot, she fails to show up. He gives her an expensive ring and she forgot where she put it. He waits up for her but she was out drinking with Seno without a call back home.

Since Seno is a himono otoko, maybe he can tolerate her, but he's far from understanding her.

Tran

Post by Tran » Sep 9th, '10, 10:35

Buchou x Hotaru ------ no ordinary relationship, it's the only one of the kind!! :D ..... and I still like watching them .... hehehe...

I've seen the stills from ep 10 and I think I'm gonna like this one, they are beautiful stills, some very cute and I even like Buchou's father, he's not bad looking at all for an old man :)

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Sep 10th, '10, 08:35

lol.... I must be dreaming in EP 8 - for real? that's all they talk about in Bucho's bedroom?!? .... maybe the 'beast' and hotaru need some more viagra? or something.... but roll along they do in their oddly unique way....

Anyways, good news for those waiting for subs is that I've gotten help on 3-4, so with me on 8, hopefully, we'll have a full set of EN subs 1-8+ in a week or two.

Tran

Post by Tran » Sep 10th, '10, 22:12

bloggingpig wrote:lol.... I must be dreaming in EP 8 - for real? that's all they talk about in Bucho's bedroom?!? .... maybe the 'beast' and hotaru need some more viagra? or something.... but roll along they do in their oddly unique way....

Anyways, good news for those waiting for subs is that I've gotten help on 3-4, so with me on 8, hopefully, we'll have a full set of EN subs 1-8+ in a week or two.

Thanks bloggingpig! Are you going to do sub all the way right? Please do!!

Has anyone seen episode 10 yet? please tell what happened?

Does Buchou has trouble with his job or something? and some Taiwan issue??

Seno x Hotaru intensed coversation? some one got really angry!!

Hotaru's himono-ness definitely improving in this episode, she can really be a perfect woman, and if it happens thanks to Buchou for training her?

There are two scene I would like to see more from Buchou and Hotaru

Once in the bathroom while Buchou is shaving,...
she should have given him a hug from behind instead of handed him the towel.
and another one when Buchou came home and see her sleeping under the newspaper and want to talk to her....
instead of calling her AhoAmimiya, he should have give her a kiss to wake her up, that would be nice...(doesn't have to be anything heavy just a nice gentle kiss will do!)... heehee...
Only one more episode left, wonder how they gonna put the ending?

Tran

Post by Tran » Sep 13th, '10, 01:49

September 15 - FINAL - Time to say goodbye to Hotaru no Hikari. Time to say goodbye to Buchou and Hotaru and all the casts.

Thank you for given us second season with another 11 hours of Buchou and Hotaru :)

Hotaru no Hikari, Fujiki and Ayase will always stay in my heart at a special place :)

I've watched lots of kdramas and jdramas but never have this fondness for a drama like this one. Don't know why.... DEFINITELY gonna miss them!!!

akosizarah

Post by akosizarah » Sep 13th, '10, 02:50

on episode 10
i love how hotaru stole kisses from buchou :wub: and hotaru's similarity with bontaro-san
but seriously i dont want this series to end :-(

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Sep 13th, '10, 08:30

My intent is to finish it. Unless something comes up.
Ep 3's done by a volunteer - will need proofreading and timing adjustments, 2/3rds done with ep 8, so will have them up in a day or so.

All I can say is that in EP8, sigh.... it's no wonder the birth rate in japan is so low... if all the gals are like Hotaru when asked to come on over! lol...

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Sep 14th, '10, 05:48

My EP8 EN/JP subs are up.

Seriously Hotaru - at the end of EP8 - betta! betta! Oh, what a silly girl! It's almost like she's trying to sabotage it all! But now, am I watching an 'office drama'? Or a 'romance drama'? hmmm....

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Sep 17th, '10, 03:17

Oh, why isn't anyone talking about the last episode?

I really loved it!!! It was a more satisfying ending than S1. I don't think they need to make a movie or SP anymore. It's best to leave it at that.

I'll miss the whole cast especially Ahotaru, Seichi and Seno... :wub:

Tran

Post by Tran » Sep 17th, '10, 05:09

ojouprincess wrote:Oh, why isn't anyone talking about the last episode?

I really loved it!!! It was a more satisfying ending than S1. I don't think they need to make a movie or SP anymore. It's best to leave it at that.

I'll miss the whole cast especially Ahotaru, Seichi and Seno... :wub:
We haven't had the chance to watch it yet.... So you like it? Would you care to tell what happened because it gonna be till next week for people like me no japanese to understand what happened. But I would love to read people's thoughts on this ending episode!! So do please say what you think like it or not, we care for everything !! .... hehhehe....

Too sad to say goodbye.... and don't say that we don't need a movie, if no movie how are we gonna see the cast together again, wonder if they have a break up party or something like that?? and wouldn't it be great if we can view it???

Tran

Post by Tran » Sep 17th, '10, 23:49

OK I did get to watch the final episode raw last night . I've no patience and so eager to see the ending... hehehe.... so from picture viewing this is what I think....
The ending is sure more likable then s1's - hopefully Hotaru is MATURED enough to accept Buchou and not running out of his bed room :D

So there is a wedding after all and it's Yamada and Futatsugi and Yamada looks beautiful like a bride - I thought they could have invited the old cast from S1 come together for the party. Too bad!

The second time kiss, still not the best but better than the first - Buchou's part is alright but somehow I feel Hotaru's uneasiness. I like a lot the stolen kisses she gave Buchou in episode 10, that was fun!

I like Hotaru x Seno have a proper goodbye - have to feel sorry for broken heart Seno !

I like Hotaru in a wedding dress, especially the pearl necklace makes she looks even more beautiful - I wish the scene could be longer!

I like how she laying on his laps scene and sleeping on the porch with holding hands - Definitely Buchou got infected from Hotaru's himono-ness - sleeping under newspaper !

There are also some funny moments too... not many

Hotaru checked out Buchou's undies... heheh

Futatgusi and Buchou on the bed together

On the porch after Buchou said something and Hotaru start to dance :)

I always wonder is the mystery man recruit Buchou for a job in Taiwan is the cast from S1 right? hmmm ... he looks familiar.

Now I have to wait for the sub ...

Yeah the ending was good and funny, may be we don't need season 3 after all .... but they didn't show who caught the flower though....

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 19th, '10, 16:53

just finished watching the last 2 eps. i can't believe that it's over already. i will miss hotaru, buchou and seno for sure.
but i thought that it ended just perfectly. no need for movie or any special (although it would be nice to see them as a married couple and maybe with kids :mrgreen: )

the last ep was just perfect in every way. no loose ends, evrything to the point. seno's scenes were so emotional. specially the way tha he still is holding on to hotaru and does not want to let go.
i also loved all the lovy dovy scenes between hotaru and bchou. eventhough i wanted a bit more passion/emotions from both but i still thought it was just such a gentle love.
and hotaru was stunning in that party wearing the kimono. she has grown up for sure now.

it was such a fun watching Hotaru no Hikari :wub:

yuki_shimi

Post by yuki_shimi » Sep 20th, '10, 14:56

I've been stalking this discussion thread since the first episode of this season two aired, until now that I've finished it.
Everytime I finish an episode I always come here immediately, curious to know what do other people think about it.
It's been very interesting reading all the opinions and comments here and made my Hotaru no Hikari 2 experience much more fun! :mrgreen:

Now to the comments of the whole season:
I really love this second season, a lot better than the first one!!!
Seno is obviously a more interesting opponent than that dull Makoto, and there're more lovey-dovey scenes too.

The main storyline about maintaining relationship is also really good. I think this kind of storyline is very unique to Japanese drama.
There maynot be a lot of big surprises, but a little something along the way is what matters, with lots of emotional details.
We (or at least I) can feel the power of their strong bond through even simple daily life activities.
Basically I don't really care if there's not much physical between them, nor do I think it's weird, coz I think chemical is more important. And the pair totally surpasses this unquestionably!

The ending was simple and went as it should be with no big twist, but just toooo cute to resist! :wub:
I wonder if there'll be a sequel to this. I wanna see a married himono-onna with kids!

All in all, this Hotaru no Hikaru 2 went among the tops of my romantic comedy list.

Tran

Post by Tran » Sep 22nd, '10, 09:39

Issy wrote:just finished watching the last 2 eps. i can't believe that it's over already. i will miss hotaru, buchou and seno for sure.
but i thought that it ended just perfectly. no need for movie or any special (although it would be nice to see them as a married couple and maybe with kids :mrgreen: )
Himono with kids that's a good idea for season three .... hehe,...then it would be definitely for more work for Buchou now he has to look after Hotaru and the kids :D

A movie would be nice .... a wedding and then the grand children running around just like Hotaru's dream in the last episode, Buchou was doing rolling and got taken by ambulance to the hospital ... that's funny!

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Sep 26th, '10, 02:35

Well, if they make a movie ala Nurse no Oshigoto, it'll be Hotaru with a gun! (Since she can hunt anyways, this would be natural...)

A day away from wrapping up EP9 before having it proofread, but this episode, suddenly realize! wowa, girl! veiny hands! (Outing) Forget about being a hand model!

Then again, most people put sunscreen, etc on their face & necks, but forget that their hands are exposed all the time. Bartender said, if you want to guess a person's age better, just look at the back of their hands, not their faces. Can't do good plastic surgery there, either.

Definitely rolling along it's adult-relationships-drama way in EP9 - nothing at all like other, lighter romances/dramas.

Some scenes, I really do wonder.... Yamada would have smacked Futa well earlier instead of gaman, gaman.... (then again, she might just put him in the hospital seeing how weak he is...lol...)

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Sep 27th, '10, 03:26

Well, two more eps here before I finish subbing HNH2, and it's finally perking up at the end of EP9!
(been wondering where that ol' bedroom monster was?)

EP4 subs up in a day or two, so everyone who are waiting can catch up to EP9! (If they haven't already used the numerous other EN subs out there.)

rah rah Hotaru! (but still, seriously, a girl like that?? sometimes, I wonder if I'd already be miles down the road running far, far away from a girl like her.... lol...)

natsu_suki

Post by natsu_suki » Oct 1st, '10, 11:56

finish watching the season 2~
love it~
I wonder if there is any 3rd season for this drama~
or may be a special episode?hahaha

love both season :wub:

Tran

Post by Tran » Oct 3rd, '10, 11:24

natsu_suki wrote:finish watching the season 2~
love it~
I wonder if there is any 3rd season for this drama~
or may be a special episode?hahaha

love both season :wub:
..... and I thought we all here love Hotaru, where all the love people???

Hey Blogging, thanks for episode 9 sub! I think you gonna like ep 10 and 11 even better -)

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Oct 4th, '10, 07:02

"...where's all the love?"

lol.... this Unusual Girl Who is So Deficient at Romance drama has turned into a My Pretty Normal Life Has Lots of Challenges and I'm only Unusual a Few Times Outside Work Now that I've grown up a Little drama!

And I'll leave it at that for now. Even halfway through EP10... (and she's gotta kiss way better than that for sparks to fly....)

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Oct 6th, '10, 06:16

Well, finished up EP10 translation, and it's perking up at the latter half. Really what the prior EPs ought to have focused on. The relationships that matter. Instead of the silly half-assed Seno+, Izaki+ etc relationships that simply fill time w/o adding much. (eg. who really cares if he's always holding a cell phone with Bucho's photo jogging?!?!!! Delete, delete!) On the flip side, shows the lack of polishing that went into some of these episodes to cut the fluff.

Unlike JIN. Where Ayase really shines and the ~love~ is just SO Deep!

That said, it has me interested in how EP11 will wrap up, so off to translate the last EP!

Tran

Post by Tran » Oct 8th, '10, 21:23

bloggingpig wrote:Well, finished up EP10 translation, and it's perking up at the latter half. Really what the prior EPs ought to have focused on. The relationships that matter. Instead of the silly half-assed Seno+, Izaki+ etc relationships that simply fill time w/o adding much. (eg. who really cares if he's always holding a cell phone with Bucho's photo jogging?!?!!! Delete, delete!) On the flip side, shows the lack of polishing that went into some of these episodes to cut the fluff.

Unlike JIN. Where Ayase really shines and the ~love~ is just SO Deep!

That said, it has me interested in how EP11 will wrap up, so off to translate the last EP!
Isn't Izaki there for fun? and Seno is to test Boucho x Hotaru relationship? But I thought they could have giiven Seno more story.

So you like JIN? I was thinking of getting it but I don't like much the theme back to the future/past kindda thing

In the first season Buchou said his wife wasn't a good cook, but in this episode his farther said his wife was a good cook .... ????

For me I think I will always remember Ayase as Hotaru -)

Hey Blogging, I can actually feel your love for the drama because I'm currently removing the jap sub for me to see the complete english sub on TV (my TV won't display sub more than two lines.... dumb!).... and it taking me so long.... bc i'm not a computer genius....:).... Now we all should appreciate your efforts. Thanks!!!

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Oct 11th, '10, 06:14

http://www.indowebster.web.id/showthread.php?t=98510

Here's a link with a list of all the major subs out.

EPS 1-11 are already converted from the Fans of Asia hardsubbed version at:
http://www.fansofasia.com/subtitles.php
by princerioz, Neena, mecelep

So, unless you're wanting to watch my translation specifically, then no need to convert the EN subs on your own.

---

JIN by far. The challenges they face are far more exciting than in Hotaru =D Although one friend already said about EP1 JIN, "How can they possibly have an incident every ten minutes?!?" lol.... maybe too exciting for some...

Then again, many of my top romance/love dramas tend to end with a sad note:
Koukou kyoushi, Sekai Ai, Aoi Tori, ... so I guess I'm biased towards dramas with more going on per minute.

Adler

please reseed!!!

Post by Adler » Oct 11th, '10, 07:45

If anyone has the (1024x576 x264).avi version of the 1st season, please reseed the ep7 and ep10.

Above 20 people are stuck at 44.1% (ep7) and 98.5% (ep10) for about 2 months. Thanks a lot in advance.

Tran

Post by Tran » Oct 13th, '10, 09:30

bloggingpig wrote:http://www.indowebster.web.id/showthread.php?t=98510

Here's a link with a list of all the major subs out.

EPS 1-11 are already converted from the Fans of Asia hardsubbed version at:
http://www.fansofasia.com/subtitles.php
by princerioz, Neena, mecelep

So, unless you're wanting to watch my translation specifically, then no need to convert the EN subs on your own.

---

JIN by far. The challenges they face are far more exciting than in Hotaru =D Although one friend already said about EP1 JIN, "How can they possibly have an incident every ten minutes?!?" lol.... maybe too exciting for some...

Then again, many of my top romance/love dramas tend to end with a sad note:
Koukou kyoushi, Sekai Ai, Aoi Tori, ... so I guess I'm biased towards dramas with more going on per minute.

Hey Blogging,
I think I'll wait for your version just for fun .... hehehe... I like to see your extra details in your translation about japanese culture.

Thanks for the link but I think you have to be a member or something, jeez what a bother about registration and such...

Anyway, congrats to Ayase and Fujiki for winning the Nikkan Sport award summer 2010, I don't know how prestigious that is but HOORAY....my favourite couple both win the award.... :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance:

MrMojo1

Post by MrMojo1 » Oct 23rd, '10, 03:35

Anyone know if Episode 11 has the Eng subs (ass/srt) available anywhere??

Thanks!

Tran

Post by Tran » Oct 24th, '10, 10:55

MrMojo1 wrote:Anyone know if Episode 11 has the Eng subs (ass/srt) available anywhere??

Thanks!

Read Blogging's post above, he's got the links where you will get them.

Hey Blogging, where are you? Are you still working hard for ep 11? I've finished removed all the jap sub already and waiting for your last one -)

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Oct 27th, '10, 06:58

640 lines proofread out of 920 on EP11 right now, and slow going due to lots of timing adjustments in this EPS.

nevertheless, 1-2 days more hopefully. Are you going to post the EN only subs? Or send them to me and I'll post them along the EN-JP subs for everyone to enjoy.

Tran

Post by Tran » Oct 27th, '10, 10:20

bloggingpig wrote:640 lines proofread out of 920 on EP11 right now, and slow going due to lots of timing adjustments in this EPS.

nevertheless, 1-2 days more hopefully. Are you going to post the EN only subs? Or send them to me and I'll post them along the EN-JP subs for everyone to enjoy.

I've only start from ep 5 - 10 if that's OK. I don't know how to upload if you like I can send them to you and you can do the rest. Send me your email, this is all about the love I have for this series - )