[Discussion] Hotaru no Hikari (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Oct 31st, '10, 07:52

rah! rah! EP11's EN+JP subs are done!

HNH2 is definitely one of those couple-thinky dramas - best for those going out with someone and in that limbo zone where they don't know how/when to move forward. Otherwise, in light of all that's happened, it's almost unbelievable how she behaves in this drama (like OMG, do girls like you really exists?!? and how in the world are you ever going to get hitched?? really??!).

But, in light of the Japanese side of things, perhaps this unbelievability is exactly why it carried decent rankings through all episodes. (or just rabid Ayase otaku)

Dragged out ICHI, movie by Ayase as well, to compare, so oooooh! I'm gonna be re-watching ICHI more often along with JIN. More my type of drama - action + suspense + I'll throw myself on your blade kind of love. And the girl's character's got more backbone, too.

Funny, but Hotaru's just like a cat, thinking about it....

Tran

Post by Tran » Nov 5th, '10, 09:30

Thanks Blogging for the final sub!!! ..... Thank you for all your hard work !!!

For those who want Blogging's subs but don't want the jap sub. Here is the link I hope it works first time upload ever!.... it's all Blogging's suggestion that I should put it out there and so I did.... all credits goes to the Blogging's team..... I have no part!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3QTB80GU

PS just from ep 5 to 11 end only!

Enjoy!

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Nov 11th, '10, 19:24

new:
Ok. Fixed hopefully all remaining problems with the subs, and reup'd them.
Those wanting complete & latest HNH2 subs should re-d/l them now to archive with HNH2 videos.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_87566_0.htm
----
old:
Thanks! Good work!! ^o^

I've posted them in the Subtitles section with the rest of the HNH2 EN+JP subs in case megaupload deletes them. http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_87566.htm

HeartStutter

Post by HeartStutter » Jun 11th, '11, 05:46

I know I'm VERY late in discussing this drama but I just realized there was a second season, so I re-watched the 1st and launched straight into the 2nd. I have to say, it is probably one of my favorite shows (and couple) I've ever watched. So i apologize for the loooong post, but I wanted to get my thoughts out!

First, I'm really surprised at some of the responses on this board; specifically the anti-Buchou sentiment and how people don't buy the relationship between him and Hotaru because of seeming lack of physical attraction. Personally, I got more aggravated at Hotaru's actions than Buchou's, which some thought were selfish or wishy-washy. I felt like Hotaru was just being so inconsiderate and immature at some points (sleeping at Seno's, drinking with Seno, losing the ring) and that Buchou's leaving was totally justified.

As for him calling off the wedding and not telling her about being with Konatsu, it seems he did that FOR her. He was just trying to be sensitive to her needs and not have her overreact. I'm not saying that you should lie to your loved one or anything, but at least his actions stemmed more from good intentions.

However, Hotaru really redeemed herself to me at 2 crucial points; the first being when she had actually put the ring back where it came from (showing she is also influenced by Buchou and it's not one-sided) and the second when she said she needed to grow strong because she wanted to be his porch as well (that that was her happiness). Those 2 things showed real growth from her and made the whole journey very meaningful.

For the lack of physicality between the two, I think that's just something unique to their relationship; it doesn't mean they aren't attracted to one another, it just means there is more to it than that. I never felt their relationship was platonic despite how little kissing/touching there was. It was more about their emotional understanding of one another and the little trials and tribulations they had to get through to STAY together, and not just BE together. In fact, it was the drama's focus on this that I really enjoyed and was surprised by. It's like when Yamada said the trouble begins after the dream comes true and that you have to work through that. I don't get how people are saying things like Buchou seems OOC by not taking initiative and being more physical in the 2nd season b/c he was never like that even in the 1st. I mean, he waited for a year just for her to come back to the house in the 1st season, right? And then for THREE years, with just 1 postcard to suffice him. Yes, he is a strong and determined person but it's not purely through shyness/indecision that he's not kissing Hotaru; it's like other ppl said, he is being respectful and really trying to be sure that what she does is because she wants to and not b/c she feels pressured. Honestly, to me that's love.

I feel like some people expected this to be a fluffy, light-hearted comedy and were disappointed by how much substance it had. Of course not every ep is going to be all laughs (ep. 7 and 8 in particular were serious!) But I think that's awesome, that Buchou and Hotaru got serious. It shows their relationship is truly important to each person and that they have legitimate issues arise. And I didn't think it dragged at all; it was very touching in showing the true love and acceptance between the two.

Anyways, apologies for the long response but I thoroughly enjoyed this drama and felt it was so refreshing and honest!

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Aug 7th, '11, 11:49

WE'RE GETTING A MOVIE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

“Hotaru no Hikari” gets a movie adaptation!!!!"

It’s been revealed that the drama series, “Hotaru no Hikari“, will be getting a movie adaptation!

“Hotaru no Hikari” first aired in 2007 and was based on Hiura Satoru’s popular manga. Actress Ayase Haruka had played the role of a ‘himono onna‘ named ‘Amemiya Hotaru’, who would rather stay at home and sleep than fall in love. She’s the perfect office lady while at work, but at home, she lounges about in her jersey while drinking beer. Amemiya’s love interest and boss, ‘Director Takano‘ was played by the actor Fujiki Naohito.

At the time, “Hotaru no Hikari” received an average viewer rating of 13.7%, with the highest being 17.3%.

Amemiya and Takano got married in the drama’s sequel, which aired in July of last year. This gained even more fans, and set a record with the average rating of 15.5%.

This upcoming movie takes place two years later, when Amemiya decides to go on a honeymoon in Rome after hearing Takano’s dream of “spending the holidays in Rome with the person I love.”

“When I first heard about the movie adaptation, I was surprised! But I am looking forward to arguing with ‘buchou’ in Italy. I will do my best to produce a good movie that many people can laugh at,” expressed Ayase.

Fujiki also commented, “I was skeptical when I first heard of the movie adaptation. To have a heartwarming drama that takes place on a porch, I still can’t believe it. I have an attachment to the drama, so I am looking forward to playing ‘buchou’ again.”

Stay tuned for more information on the upcoming movie!

http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/08/hotaru ... daptation/

WOOT!! :cheers: :w00t: :clap: :party:

Tran

Post by Tran » Sep 9th, '11, 11:37

Yeah :clap: :clap: best news ever .. hahaha... Buchooo .... Ahomiya .... :wub:

Rome, Italy - for honeymoon? I wish they have a wedding Ayase will look great in wedding dress!

ferngully

Post by ferngully » Sep 9th, '11, 12:36

That's great news. I absolutely loved this drama. yey! :-) Is there a pegged month and year when the movie will be released? Thanks for the info btw. :-)

ferngully

Post by ferngully » Sep 9th, '11, 12:37

That's great news. I absolutely loved this drama. yey! :-) Is there a pegged month and year when the movie will be released? Thanks for the info btw. :-)

Mandarina518

Post by Mandarina518 » Sep 18th, '11, 11:08

It will be kind of weird to see Ahomiya and Buchou far from their porch... But I'm Italian so I'm very excited that the movie is set in Rome XD

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Sep 21st, '11, 20:13

Sometimes, you can almost tell the writers have been given the order to STRETCH that drama out longer so they can milk it for another run.

Case in point - Zenkai girl vs. Hotaru.
Zenkai has a 'clean' ending, and people are acting like love-birds do - they get together in the end!

Hotaru/Bucho - omg, it's like she's/he's got one lightbulb missing sometimes! (which is also the cute driving point of the series)

But, if it wasn't oh, there's a movie!, Season 2 was sort of a mini-letdown. Like we've already sat through two seasons and nothing's coming together yet?? But it makes sense if they're stretching it out from Season 2 into a movie.

--

That said, one of the fun series to watch and memorable overall. A nice, fun drama that's always entertaining.

zweihander11
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zweihander11 » Sep 21st, '11, 22:27

Interesting, looking forward to it I guess we'll have to wait at least 1 year...

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Sep 22nd, '11, 00:42

bloggingpig wrote:Sometimes, you can almost tell the writers have been given the order to STRETCH that drama out longer so they can milk it for another run.
Hotaru no Hikari had high ratings right from the beginning, so they probably decided early on that they were going to do a second season, special or movie.

Tran

Post by Tran » Oct 29th, '11, 14:40

Anything that relates to Hotaru ... Found this one

http://koalasplayground.com/2011/10/28/ ... se-haruka/

mommos

Post by mommos » Nov 13th, '11, 17:18

OMG....o_O
Buchooooooo I very happy. :cheers:

Tran

Post by Tran » Nov 21st, '11, 13:04

I don't mind if we get to see Buchou and Hotaru on special very year or every second year. Just to see their life journey as husband and wife and l Hotaru as mom!

yard

Post by yard » Jun 18th, '12, 11:03

I hope we get this movie as soon as possible, it's always great to see hotaru no hikari, i feel in love with this serie since the first episode :cheers:

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Jun 22nd, '12, 12:53

I really want to go see this movie in the cinema while it's still available. I've been so busy with exams recently that I almost forgot about it. There are adverts for it everywhere here in Tokyo. I saw the trailer on tv and the movie looked so funny! Hotaru no Hikari is one of my all time favorite dramas. I'll miss Hotaru and Buchou after this! :)

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Aug 5th, '12, 08:32

I just came back from watching the movie in the cinema. It was really amazing! Well worth the wait if you ask me! We get to see everything we want to see happen and even more! I think this is one of the most satisfying drama turned into movie that I have ever seen. The chemistry between the two lead actors is really incredible and I'm going to miss Buchou and Ahomiya. T_T The last few scenes at the end were particularly moving.
My favorite scene is probably the one where Hotaru and Buchou realize that Hotaru is pregnant. I love how we're made to understand this because of the fact that Hotaru is drinking water with Buchou on the porch instead of beer. Cutest scene ever! :wub: They also explained the meaning of the title "Hotaru no Hikari", which I really appreciated and made me reconsider the way I lead my life.
All in all a very good movie which consolidated "Hotaru no Hikari" as one of my favorite dramas. :) Since I can't afford the dvds of the tv-serie itself (the two seasons together cost about 400 euros), I think I'll buy the dvd of the movie when it comes out.

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Aug 8th, '12, 01:15

Keikan wrote:I just came back from watching the movie in the cinema. It was really amazing! Well worth the wait if you ask me! We get to see everything we want to see happen and even more! I think this is one of the most satisfying drama turned into movie that I have ever seen. The chemistry between the two lead actors is really incredible and I'm going to miss Buchou and Ahomiya. T_T The last few scenes at the end were particularly moving.
My favorite scene is probably the one where Hotaru and Buchou realize that Hotaru is pregnant. I love how we're made to understand this because of the fact that Hotaru is drinking water with Buchou on the porch instead of beer. Cutest scene ever! :wub: They also explained the meaning of the title "Hotaru no Hikari", which I really appreciated and made me reconsider the way I lead my life.
All in all a very good movie which consolidated "Hotaru no Hikari" as one of my favorite dramas. :) Since I can't afford the dvds of the tv-serie itself (the two seasons together cost about 400 euros), I think I'll buy the dvd of the movie when it comes out.
OMG! you are so lucky you have watched the movie already. I really love this drama.
Despite the age gap between the two leads, their chemistry is impeccable. :wub:
Since their movie will not be shown where I'm at now, I just hope that it will be available online soon so I can feed my cravings for the two. :P :D

Thanks for the spoiler.

sunflower63

Post by sunflower63 » Sep 12th, '12, 15:17

Hi all I am looking for this too...is it on-line already by any chance?

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Sep 13th, '12, 13:22

It's available for streaming on dramacrazy and all the episodes of both seasons can be downloaded on doramax264.com.

The movie came out here in Japan in June so I don't think it will be available online any time soon.

sunflower63

Post by sunflower63 » Sep 13th, '12, 14:25

Thanks for the very useful info Keikan. I looked for the streaming of the movie on dramacrazy but couldn't find it. I will have to wait for it to be on download later on.

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Sep 14th, '12, 07:52

sunflower63: I'm currently residing in Japan which is why I was able to watch the movie in the cinema. Sorry for the confusion. But if you're interested, I can give you a more spoilery description of the movie. :-)

sunflower63

Post by sunflower63 » Sep 14th, '12, 13:21

Ahh how lucky Keikan!! Thanks I think I should wait and be surprised...I am Italian and live in Italy you see so the fact that it is shot in Rome makes me even more curious. I'll just wait a little longer and hope they won't take too long.