[Discussion] Hotaru no Hikari (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
zi91

Post by zi91 » Nov 13th, '07, 13:51

rikie_11 wrote:Do you think there'll be a special or a sequel?
How I wish there is!!! :thumleft: But I mustn't be greedy, a SP will do! LOL

I also hope that Fujiki Naohito and Ayase Haruka can work together again...

rikie_11

Post by rikie_11 » Nov 13th, '07, 18:06

zi91 wrote:Btw, I've a stupid but curious question... why is Fujiki Naohito's name being placed last when the actors/actresses names are running across the screen at the end of each episode? I thought main characters' names should be placed at the front?
I guess it's because the girl is the main character in the drama and that the manager is just the second lead character. Since Fujiki is a veteran as well as a popular actor in Japan; they put him last.

That's what I think. :P

zi91

Post by zi91 » Nov 13th, '07, 18:16

rikie_11 wrote:
zi91 wrote:Btw, I've a stupid but curious question... why is Fujiki Naohito's name being placed last when the actors/actresses names are running across the screen at the end of each episode? I thought main characters' names should be placed at the front?
I guess it's because the girl is the main character in the drama and that the manager is just the second lead character. Since Fujiki is a veteran as well as a popular actor in Japan; they put him last.

Lol I really wonder what's the reason :unsure:

plurals

Post by plurals » Nov 13th, '07, 18:47

zi91 wrote:
rikie_11 wrote:

well, usually the 2nd most important character/actor usually get credited last as to be more prominent. so being named last isn't really a bad thing :-). if that's what you were thinking. anyone correct me if i'm wrong about this.

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Nov 13th, '07, 23:00

the ending is pretty good. simple. happy ending.
i love it so much.

zi91

Post by zi91 » Nov 14th, '07, 17:01

plurals wrote:
zi91 wrote:
rikie_11 wrote:

well, usually the 2nd most important character/actor usually get credited last as to be more prominent. so being named last isn't really a bad thing :-). if that's what you were thinking. anyone correct me if i'm wrong about this.
LOL. how I hope I'm able to get an answer from NTV haha. rikie_11 and plurals reasonings sounded reasonable haha

Asta

Post by Asta » Nov 14th, '07, 17:30

Haaaaaa~ I just watched the raw with the subs again <3.
<333333 I love it. I really love Hotahika.. Hotaru is really inspirational for us lazy girls (and she's so adoring! I used to think my lazing around doing pretty much nothing was bad, but now I'm okay with it.), and Buchou was the cutest guy.. I've probably said it before but whatever. They DID hug in ep 9 you know ;p? Just watch it a few times and get all woozy inside. <3 I really hope for an SP.. I never wanted it to end ;_;! And it's only 10 eps!! We want more! Give us an encore! *hopes directer of Hotahika can read english*

rikie_11

Post by rikie_11 » Nov 14th, '07, 18:33

Asta wrote:Haaaaaa~ I just watched the raw with the subs again <3.
<333333 I love it. I really love Hotahika.. Hotaru is really inspirational for us lazy girls (and she's so adoring! I used to think my lazing around doing pretty much nothing was bad, but now I'm okay with it.)

Hahaha! Me too, I'm basically the jersey type of girl. I'm actually wearing a loose shirt and a jogging pants right now. Oh and with hair all over the place. LOL.
Last edited by rikie_11 on Nov 14th, '07, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

Asta

Post by Asta » Nov 14th, '07, 18:40

Heehee :D! I'm usually too lazy to change unless it's uncomfortable, but I understand your preference ;p (my fav is usually pajamas or large shirt with joggingpants, oh and a warm vest because it's getting colder now that winter's coming oh how I miss the spring and summer ;_;!).

MitsukaiKuroi

Re: Hi!

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Nov 15th, '07, 00:00

I hope that he and Ayase work together again!!! I just finished Hotaru and I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!!! I thought the ending was perfect. Simple, sweet and can be picked up and continued if they desired or left for us to dream and imagine! :wub:

My boyfriend just watched the first episode and now I will watch it a second time with him. (He loves happy sweet dramas... What a rare guy he is! :wub:

rikie_11 wrote:I've recently been a Fujiki Naohito fan...I've already watched Love Revolution and Itoshi Kimi e. Currently downloading Kou Kou Kyoshi! I really like most of the dramas he's in. I heard that he's also a singer?
I loved him in Kou Kou Kyoush 2003i!!! It was so cool to see the "bad" side of him! I love that he is so diverse! And even though a lot of people hated Gal Circle I enjoyed it mainly because of him!

I LOVE him as a singer! Even though I prefer Jrock I like some Jpop too.

This is one of my favorite vids by him. Don't ask me why but I think it is adorable!!!

caitlincoffee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by caitlincoffee » Nov 15th, '07, 02:18

rikie_11 wrote:This is one of my favorite vids by him. Don't ask me why but I think it is adorable!!!

There's a longer version of that music video where it starts with the director explaining to Nao what the music video is going to be about and he acts like he hates the idea of having to wear the outfits and dancing with a water bottle. When I first saw it, I thought he was really being mad at the director (that's why throughout the music video he's walking off the set and stuff), but he was just acting again. ^_^

Have you seen his live performance of that song? It's soooooo cute!! He screws up the beginning because I think he laughs or something and messes up the timing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQiVTLpL ... re=related
I also have this clip of him on HEY! HEY! HEY! MUSIC CHAMP where they're talking about credit cards and he asks Hamada if he has a platinum card. It's my favorite clip of him :faint:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YAL16M8I
(is this turning into the Fujiki NaohitoXAyase Haruka thread?) :clap:

zi91

Post by zi91 » Nov 15th, '07, 09:59

caitlincoffee wrote: Have you seen his live performance of that song? It's soooooo cute!! He screws up the beginning because I think he laughs or something and messes up the timing.
I also have this clip of him on HEY! HEY! HEY! MUSIC CHAMP where they're talking about credit cards and he asks Hamada if he has a platinum card. It's my favorite clip of him :faint:
AH! I was looking for this song like mad! Coz I've forgotten the title for a long long time.. Thanks :cheers:
LOL the live video! He's irresistable man... What a perfect man he is to me...

Hehe I guess everyone that watches this drama would definitely fall in love with the pair Fujiki NaohitoXAyase Haruka!! They should and MUST cooperate again! No matter how... hahaha I'm a bit mad. YEAP >>> Naoharu? perhaps. :thumleft:

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Nov 15th, '07, 14:06

caitlincoffee wrote:
Have you seen his live performance of that song? It's soooooo cute!! He screws up the beginning because I think he laughs or something and messes up the timing.
Oh thank you for the link and the clip!!! I haven't seen either before! He is too kawaii!!! :P
Looks like it!!! :cheers: I love the two of them together!

But there is a Fujiki Naohito thread here on D-Addicts. http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_49347.htm

I posted some pics up there and I feel like it is time to add a few more! :mrgreen:

snowbug

Post by snowbug » Nov 15th, '07, 16:39

This is a really adorable series. I enjoyed it a lot.

Although
why oh why did they not kiss in the end?!? :P

zi91

Post by zi91 » Nov 15th, '07, 17:14

snowbug wrote:This is a really adorable series. I enjoyed it a lot.

Although
why oh why did they not kiss in the end?!? :P
hahaha but I think a kiss is a little bit weird. i'd love a cute and sweet hug from them!!! that's such a pity... :glare:

rikie_11

Post by rikie_11 » Nov 15th, '07, 19:12

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:I loved him in Kou Kou Kyoush 2003i!!! It was so cool to see the "bad" side of him! I love that he is so diverse! And even though a lot of people hated Gal Circle I enjoyed it mainly because of him!

I LOVE him as a singer! Even though I prefer Jrock I like some Jpop too.

This is one of my favorite vids by him. Don't ask me why but I think it is adorable!!!

Me too! I liked Koukou Kyoushi '03! I never watched Gal Circle...What is it about?

Btw, thanks for the link! I'll watch it in a little while as soon as it's done loading. :P

rikie_11

Post by rikie_11 » Nov 15th, '07, 19:15

caitlincoffee wrote:
rikie_11 wrote:This is one of my favorite vids by him. Don't ask me why but I think it is adorable!!!

There's a longer version of that music video where it starts with the director explaining to Nao what the music video is going to be about and he acts like he hates the idea of having to wear the outfits and dancing with a water bottle. When I first saw it, I thought he was really being mad at the director (that's why throughout the music video he's walking off the set and stuff), but he was just acting again. ^_^

Waaah! Thanks for the links! More Naohito Fujiki LOVE!!!

fleng

Post by fleng » Nov 17th, '07, 09:02

:cry: Sweet ending to the series . Are they gonna be a couple, the manager and her?? awww~ need to know need to knowwwwwwwwwww

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Nov 17th, '07, 10:32

I'm just beginning this series and at the first ep I was already laughing so much in front of the pc... My mom thought I got insane ! XD

I'm in the middle of the fourth ep and I think it's really cute. :D

pagtitiyaga

Post by pagtitiyaga » Nov 18th, '07, 23:45

Lol it's so weird, in the begining I was a total TeshimaxHotaru fan, then turned around afterwards... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
WHY OH WHY DIDN'T THEY KISS WAHHHH IF THEY DID IT WOULD'VE HAVE BEEN PERFECT!!

zi91

Post by zi91 » Nov 19th, '07, 18:16

pagtitiyaga wrote:Lol it's so weird, in the begining I was a total TeshimaxHotaru fan, then turned around afterwards... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
WHY OH WHY DIDN'T THEY KISS WAHHHH IF THEY DID IT WOULD'VE HAVE BEEN PERFECT!!
haha YEAH YEAH!! same for me over here. LOL
i still admire the TeshimaXHotaru pair but slowly, or you can say immediately changed to BuchouXHotaru pair in the middle of the drama. just simply couldn't resist their cute and non-stop laughing argueing time!!

pagtitiyaga

Post by pagtitiyaga » Nov 20th, '07, 04:07

Could someone upload the instrumental version of the theme song for Hotaru no Hikari??? It would be much appreciated!! :thumleft:

Asta

Post by Asta » Nov 20th, '07, 17:53

I've loved BuchouXHotaru from beginning.. I never reaaally liked Teshima. To me he seemed so stiff and a little emotionless even though he did all that for Hotaru. I never really got the feeling he loved her, not like Buchou does (but maybe it's the actor, and maybe I just love Naohito better) BTW they DID have a cute hug in ep 9 (that was so <3) go and repeat it and become all fuzzy and warm inside :D!
I really liked YuukaXKaname as well, Kaname did so much for Yuuka and even though she liked Teshima, did gave Kaname a chance ^^.

zi91

Post by zi91 » Nov 20th, '07, 18:49

haha yeah yeah!

what's also good with the show is that everyone in it does not have any bad motive towards another person. it's a happy-go-lucky show.

each and everytime i watched it, it just makes me feel so happy. all my bad moods are gone. :cheers:

meldinsky

Post by meldinsky » Nov 29th, '07, 15:01

zi91 wrote:

Point #1:Sequel or an SP would be absolutely LOVE,so let's wish hard together..who knows it might come true! :D (and they should get a Kiss in that one. :P)

Point #2: If there isn't going to be any SP or anything of that sort,then Fujiki Naohito and Ayase Haruka MUST work together again! :lol

Ahh..Hotaru no Hikari..I finally finished watching it with subs,and then I started rewatching it again from the very beginning..and I'm BuchouXHotaru supporter all the way. :wub: This drama is definitely something to watch if you need cheering up..it's that sweet. :-)

rikie_11

Post by rikie_11 » Nov 29th, '07, 16:31

meldinsky wrote:Point #1:Sequel or an SP would be absolutely LOVE,so let's wish hard together..who knows it might come true! :D (and they should get a Kiss in that one. :P)

Point #2: If there isn't going to be any SP or anything of that sort,then Fujiki Naohito and Ayase Haruka MUST work together again! :lol

Ahh..Hotaru no Hikari..I finally finished watching it with subs,and then I started rewatching it again from the very beginning..and I'm BuchouXHotaru supporter all the way. :wub: This drama is definitely something to watch if you need cheering up..it's that sweet. :-)
I know what you mean!!! They must make an SP or a sequel would be generous! If not, another drama starring the two of them would be good too!

Hmm...I'm thinking of watching it again but I'm not through watching Kurosagi...

It's raining men in my head!!!! Waaaaaaah! :goggle:

zi91

Post by zi91 » Nov 30th, '07, 18:32

meldinsky wrote:
zi91 wrote:

Point #1:Sequel or an SP would be absolutely LOVE,so let's wish hard together..who knows it might come true! :D (and they should get a Kiss in that one. :P)

haha what good points you've made! Yes I agree with you. It's etiher they've to work together in a sequel or SP, or together in another drama/movie/or even a song!! :w00t:
Here again, I'm greedy. I want both ways working :P

katsukare

Where can I find the Hotaru no Hikari manga books?

Post by katsukare » Dec 1st, '07, 14:04

Hi, this is my first post! :O :O

Firstable, thank you for creating this great community. I am seeding hard now!

I was wondering if there is a place on the internet where it's possible to find Japanese Mangas in PDF or eBook format. Especially I am looking for the Manga version of Hotaru no Hikari...

I used Google but I didn't find anything, just the videos for the Dorama series.

Do Manga (book) trackers exist? If so, could you help me find one?

Thank you!!

Katsu

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Dec 1st, '07, 14:58

Mangas don't come as PDFs. You can get them as simple jpgs.

J-sis is translating Hotaru though. You can download it from their forum but they have only released the first chapter so far.
http://www.j-sis.net/

A good site for future reference would be http://thesubwire.com/

katsukare

Post by katsukare » Dec 1st, '07, 15:01

Hi thank you very much! I will look there now.

I am not actually looking for translation as I am doing this for a Japanese expat who I know. so I am looking for the originals. Thanks for the JPG hint !

Katsu

niki112
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by niki112 » Dec 1st, '07, 15:06

katsukare

Post by katsukare » Dec 1st, '07, 16:11

WOW ! This is great!! You really really made her day, and mine too ;-) I have visited that thread but haven't seen the downloadl links somehow, I need glasses probably.

So, in the future, what is a good site (besides d-addicts) for finding untranslated Manga scans?

Thanka again for all the help...

;-) ;-)

Katsukare

niki112
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by niki112 » Dec 1st, '07, 16:56

Try nyaatorrents.org... They have scanlated manga too so be sure to download the ones that have 'RAW' in their name or where the name is written in Japanese instead of romaji. I know a few more sites if that's not enough, lol.

konholyoh

Post by konholyoh » Dec 15th, '07, 03:43

I finished watching this drama in 3 days.

I think it's really funny.

Especially the character "Amemiya", which was played really well by "Ayase Haruka".

She is so kawaii!

Some scenes are meaningful and i recommend this love/comdey to fans.

Cheers.

meldinsky

Post by meldinsky » Dec 15th, '07, 05:07

zi91 wrote: haha what good points you've made! Yes I agree with you. It's etiher they've to work together in a sequel or SP, or together in another drama/movie/or even a song!! :w00t:
Oh yeah,a song!Why didn't I think of that one? :mrgreen: hehe..I don't think you're the only who wants to be greedy that way..I too want both ways working :lol

konholyoh,this is just one of those doramas that you can finish really quickly,cuz it's so interesting and entertaining you just want to know what happens next as soon as you can. :D

Noi

Post by Noi » Dec 15th, '07, 05:26

I still haven't been able to find the RAWs for volume 10...has anyone had any luck?

Tran

Post by Tran » Jan 14th, '08, 10:52

It's one of my rare favourite japanese drama, everyone should have a go at it!

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 14th, '08, 17:24

meldinsky wrote:
zi91 wrote: haha what good points you've made! Yes I agree with you. It's etiher they've to work together in a sequel or SP, or together in another drama/movie/or even a song!! :w00t:
Oh yeah,a song!Why didn't I think of that one? :mrgreen: hehe..I don't think you're the only who wants to be greedy that way..I too want both ways working :lol

konholyoh,this is just one of those doramas that you can finish really quickly,cuz it's so interesting and entertaining you just want to know what happens next as soon as you can. :D
:lol Talk about finishing it fast... I was watching it when it was still being released by DoReMii, and I think they were up to episode 7 at that time... I finished it all in 2 days! And imagine... I couldn't wait for the next episodes to be released that I checked DoReMii's website at least 3 times a day. XD I was that addicted to the himono-onna! And I had two research essays due for uni too... :P Bad Amemiya for your huge influence... :lol
I love that part when she did that traditional dance as a I-can't-remember-who for her colleagues... The way she had to do that sweeping motion with the basket while spreading her legs wide apart... :lol HAHA
Ayase Haruka rocks~ :cheers: Amemiya: "HAAAAARR?!" XD

Noi

Post by Noi » Jan 14th, '08, 17:46

Hey guys!

I've got good news and bad news:

The good news is that I finally got vol.10 of the manga through LimeWire.

The bad news is that it requires a password to be unzipped. I read the .doc file that came with it and apparently I'm supposed to register at some japanese site (omg... should I?) to get the first half of the password and then find the second half of the password in the confirmation email.
At least that's what I understood from reading the file.

Here's what it says:
★お願い★

暗号の解除方法は,以下の手順に添ってお小遣いサイト「Info Cash」に登録していただくことです

「Info Cash」というサイトは使い勝手がよく,登録初日で数千円稼ぐことが出来ますので(初日だけならば10000円弱もありえます)
ぜひ登録してみてください

このサイトに登録していただければ私にも利益があり,新刊の購入,皆さんへの利益にも繋がるかと思います

ちなみにこのタイトルのテキストが入っている圧縮フォルダは全て同じパスワードに設定していますので,
一度登録いただければ1年間他サイトへの入会等は一切必要ありません(毎年7月にパスワード,テキスト変更の予定)

★パス解除方法★

※パスは前半,後半に分けられています

http://www.info-cash.com/cgi-bin/jp/nph ... doranaikoi
↑↑↑
このURLから登録画面に行ってください
「紹介者ID」の右に書かれている半角英数字が前半のパスです

仮登録を済ませ,メールから本登録を済ませてください

本登録完了のメールが来ます
そのメールの下から3行目,7桁の数字が後半のパスです

これで暗号は解除できます。

I don't know what to do XD

Anyhow, still no news of an SP? Gaah, I still hope there'll be one. I'm looking forward to watching Ayase Haruka in her new drama with Tamaki Hiroshi, though

:lol

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 14th, '08, 18:52

@Noi

Looks like they want you to pay them money when you register with Info Cash. Since I immediately distrust anything involving money and passwords held as ransom, I'm gonna say don't do it. I don't want you to have any problems or hassles out of trying to get the file for everyone.

Noi

Post by Noi » Jan 14th, '08, 20:51

Alright. Thanks for the advice :lol I'll try to get the manga from another source then :-)

^FuNKy^

Post by ^FuNKy^ » Jan 15th, '08, 18:01

A big HELLO to all the Hotaru no Hikari fans out there~

Just thought I'd share this bit of information if anyone is interested in the manga version of HnH. A scanlation group (J-SiS) I'm with is working on translating/scanlating the whole series (if possible) but we're in dire need of a Japanese-English and/or Chinese-English translator to help out. We have the editors and RAW manga but no such luck finding dedicated translators T___T

So far, my group has come out with two chapters from the first volume (the first chapter has some spelling/grammar errors which will be fixed once we have the time to re-release) but we can't release any faster due to the lack of the aforementioned translator. If anyone is interested in helping out or if you're just a curious fan of the drama series please check the following website out.

http://www.j-sis.net/

You can download Chapter 1 and 2 via IRC or the forums. Hope this information helps!

You can PM/e-mail me if you need more information about the manga.

<3

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Jan 15th, '08, 20:35

quick question before i go to bed!

- is it worth watching?
- are there subs yet :lol

cheers

fleng

Post by fleng » Jan 16th, '08, 04:19

newersumm wrote:quick question before i go to bed!

- is it worth watching?
- are there subs yet :lol

cheers
you mean the dorama?

Yes worth watching, funny.

Subs of course, avaliable on torrent (hardsubs).

Tran

Post by Tran » Jan 17th, '08, 05:08

Can't find any NGs, why? Their acting is so good, they have no NGs? of because Jdrama has no NGs? If some body manage to have them, please post them up for all the fans. Greatly appreciated!

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 17th, '08, 16:30

Tran wrote:Can't find any NGs, why? Their acting is so good, they have no NGs? of because Jdrama has no NGs? If some body manage to have them, please post them up for all the fans. Greatly appreciated!
Haha Nah, Jdoramas have NG's too. E.g. Nodame has tons of them. Very funny too. Hmm I'll try searching for the NG's later and if I find any, I'll remember to post the links up here. :D

hadouken

Post by hadouken » Jan 18th, '08, 06:35

Could I get a reseed on Ep 4 of the Hotaru no Hikari ep04 (1024x576 x264).avi torrent?

No one has been seeding it for a couple days and I've been stuck since then :[

ellas

Post by ellas » Jan 18th, '08, 06:44

Hi all !!!

Well i just discover there is a thread about one of the most funny and interesting j-drama i have seen.. ahahaha.. Hotaru No Hikari.... :w00t:

I also love the actress and Bucho also.. haha :lol .. Ahomiya.. ah.. gomen ne.. Amemiya is really a touching and likeable character.. haha..
My favourite part is when she does the hebi-onna. etc... ahahaha :P

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 18th, '08, 12:59

ellas wrote:Hi all !!!

Well i just discover there is a thread about one of the most funny and interesting j-drama i have seen.. ahahaha.. Hotaru No Hikari.... :w00t:

I also love the actress and Bucho also.. haha :lol .. Ahomiya.. ah.. gomen ne.. Amemiya is really a touching and likeable character.. haha..
Hey ellas! Found ya here! :D
Yeah Hotaru no Hikari's funny ne~ I love all of Aho-miya's expressions... The "Haaaarrrr?!" etc. "Dokkoi Shouichi?" :lol
I love it when:
She started rolling to and forth in the living area and she got Bucho to follow her, so both of them ended up barreling to and forth on the tatami mat. XD

ellas

Post by ellas » Jan 18th, '08, 13:20

untitledmelody wrote:
ellas wrote:Hi all !!!

Hey ellas! Found ya here! :D
Yeah Hotaru no Hikari's funny ne~ I love all of Aho-miya's expressions... The "Haaaarrrr?!" etc. "Dokkoi Shouichi?" :lol
I love it when:
She started rolling to and forth in the living area and she got Bucho to follow her, so both of them ended up barreling to and forth on the tatami mat. XD
ahhh yes.. tire-onna ?.. ahaha... it was really a touching drama !!!! I also like the other employees' story !!!

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 18th, '08, 16:39

Yeah! That man and that 'ideal' woman's story is good. (Sorry forgot their names)
Let's hope they'll release an SP. :roll I like the ending, it was really sweet. I thought it was a bit too abrupt though.

hadouken: I watched ep 4 online so I don't have the torrent nor the file to seed for you. Gomen ne~

Is the Hotaru no Hikari manga good? Can I read the English-translated one anywhere online?

hadouken

Post by hadouken » Jan 21st, '08, 00:29

nuuuuuuuuu, ahaha thanks anyways, anyone else? Everyone that has been torrenting is stuck at 96.4%

any help for us would be MUCH MUCH appreciated :]

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Jan 21st, '08, 00:38

untitledmelody wrote:Is the Hotaru no Hikari manga good? Can I read the English-translated one anywhere online?
I started watching this drama yesterday and I'm already halfway through :whistling: I really like it, the scenes at their house are hilarious and I love the chemistry and dynamics between Hotaru and Seiichi :lol

Anyway I didn't even realize that this drama was based on a manga. I did some searching and you can read the first 2 scanlated chapters online here: http://www.onemanga.com/Hotaru_no_Hikari/

^FuNKy^

Post by ^FuNKy^ » Jan 21st, '08, 02:55

a_petite_azn wrote:
untitledmelody wrote:Is the Hotaru no Hikari manga good? Can I read the English-translated one anywhere online?
I started watching this drama yesterday and I'm already halfway through :whistling: I really like it, the scenes at their house are hilarious and I love the chemistry and dynamics between Hotaru and Seiichi :lol

Anyway I didn't even realize that this drama was based on a manga. I did some searching and you can read the first 2 scanlated chapters online here: http://www.onemanga.com/Hotaru_no_Hikari/
J-SiS scanlates Hotaru no Hikari, onemanga just has permission to host it. So, please show your support and appreciation for their hard work at their website/forums - http://www.j-sis.net/

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 21st, '08, 08:52

^FuNKy^ wrote:
a_petite_azn wrote:

J-SiS scanlates Hotaru no Hikari, onemanga just has permission to host it. So, please show your support and appreciation for their hard work at their website/forums - http://www.j-sis.net/
Ah :w00t: Thanks for the info, a_petite_azn and funky. I went to the J-SiS website. It's great, plus it has other works of a mangaka I like. The artwork for the HnH manga looks pretty good, so I'm off to read it. :-)
EDIT:
funky: Oh didn't know you're on the staff. :-)

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Jan 22nd, '08, 01:39

thanks for correcting me funky. I will definitely support their efforts. And I agree untitledmelody, J-sis has some great josei projects. I'm going off to read as well :thumleft: Well, after I finish the last episode of Hotaru no Hikari :D I wonder who she's going to end up with :whistling:

Noi

Post by Noi » Jan 22nd, '08, 07:01

Still no luck in getting HnH vol. 10 from other sources.

GRR. It just pisses me off that this person is holding the password for ransom. I hate seeing the zipped file just laying on my desktop waiting to be opened :cry:

From reading certain blogs from people who have bought the book in japan...:
...so, now that Makoto is officially out of the picture, many of us believe that Hotaru and Buchou are finally gonna get it on, right?

...WRONG.

Always fond of torturing her readers, Hiura Satoru is apparently making Hotaru interested in KANAME now.

Yes, you read right. KANAME.
That was a totally WTF moment for me when I read that.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 22nd, '08, 07:25

Noi wrote:Still no luck in getting HnH vol. 10 from other sources.

GRR. It just pisses me off that this person is holding the password for ransom. I hate seeing the zipped file just laying on my desktop waiting to be opened :cry:

...so, now that Makoto is officially out of the picture, many of us believe that Hotaru and Buchou are finally gonna get it on, right?

...WRONG.

Always fond of torturing her readers, Hiura Satoru is apparently making Hotaru interested in KANAME now.

HOLY CRAP! :blink That is a WTF moment. I had to read it twice just to get it to sink in. LOL I get the feeling this series is gonna go on a while after reading that spoiler.

And password ransoming pisses me off too. *hug*

Thank you, Funky! The J-SiS scanlations are much appreciated! I promise to head over to the official site to show my support too. :wub:

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 22nd, '08, 16:15

Noi wrote:Still no luck in getting HnH vol. 10 from other sources.

...WRONG.

:crazy: OMG that spoiler really made me go WTF too. Somehow I don't like it when nice stories go in these kinda random directions. :|

Noi: What password for ransom? You mean you need a password to unzip the scans?? Gosh, that's a first for me... :blink

^FuNKy^

Post by ^FuNKy^ » Jan 23rd, '08, 08:53

untitledmelody wrote:
Ah :w00t: Thanks for the info, a_petite_azn and funky. I went to the J-SiS website. It's great, plus it has other works of a mangaka I like. The artwork for the HnH manga looks pretty good, so I'm off to read it. :-)
EDIT:
funky: Oh didn't know you're on the staff. :-)
Your welcome~ I'm glad you like our website! >< Yeah, my friend Roniz and I actually formed J-SiS to promote more josei mangas (since we love them and can barely find any around).
a_petite_azn wrote:thanks for correcting me funky. I will definitely support their efforts. And I agree untitledmelody, J-sis has some great josei projects. I'm going off to read as well :thumleft: Well, after I finish the last episode of Hotaru no Hikari :D I wonder who she's going to end up with :whistling:
No worries! Thanks for supporting J-SiS! We hope to bring more of HnH and other great josei titles to everyone. At the moment, we haven't released as many HnH chapters as we'd like to because we only have one translator on the project (she works on Ringo Nikki too so she has her hands full!). If anyone can translate Chinese-English or Japanese -English and loves HnH, J-SiS needs you! <3333

I can't wait till my download finishes so I can watch the HnH dorama!

ellas

Post by ellas » Jan 24th, '08, 10:09

Oohh i didn't know either it was from a manga.. So the story isn't finished ne ? I was also thinking that i would want to know Amemiya's next adventures, haha.. maybe a drama Sp.... anything about that ?

Aahhh what a wonderful site http://www.j-sis.net/ i am discovering.. wow really many stuffs there.. thank you :wub:

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Jan 28th, '08, 09:30

This series was fun. This is a series that had cast of appealing looking actors IMO.
Ayase did well in here and a SP would be nice. :-)

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Jan 29th, '08, 15:13

i've just watched the series again and it never fails to amuse me everytime! i even got my friends and officemates to watch it and all of them are cazy about hnh now! do hope a sequel or special comes out cos i cant get enough! hehehe ^^

anyway, i dunno if someone posted it here already but i was looking for the piano version of "yokogao" sung by aiko that was playing in ep 8 or 9. i have the original version mp3 but i just started crying listening to that version so i reaaallly, really wanna have a copy of that.

and funky, hope u see my pm about the manga! yoroshiku ne~

saby

Post by saby » Jan 29th, '08, 17:04

i loved this drama .. it was funny n cute
i really liked it when people couldnt find her cuz she was locked somewhere and then her boss found her n she thought he was going to yell at her or something but he just hugged her :D . that was so kawaii

btw I loved Kato Kazuki .. the guy is sooo cute... to be quite honest I was cheering for those 2 though I like the boss

tsuru.no.odori

Post by tsuru.no.odori » Feb 1st, '08, 06:29

himono onna sugoii!! i really liked this drama. a very lighthearted story, nothing too serious.. the only person who really dampened the atmosphere was makoto kun. really..it didnt seem as if he did anything to make the relationship between them work out. he really annoyed me lol nonetheless i was secretly wishing that they would make up in the end, even though the actual finale wasnt that bad either. the way it ended makes me hope for an sp. ^ ^

ellas

Post by ellas » Feb 1st, '08, 06:46

tsuru.no.odori wrote:
himono onna sugoii!! i really liked this drama. a very lighthearted story, nothing too serious.. the only person who really dampened the atmosphere was makoto kun. really..it didnt seem as if he did anything to make the relationship between them work out. he really annoyed me lol nonetheless i was secretly wishing that they would make up in the end, even though the actual finale wasnt that bad either. the way it ended makes me hope for an sp. ^ ^
Ne, i totally agree.. about Makoto.. actually never liked him :glare: .. i was for Bousho all the way !!!! :cheers:

avontflex

Post by avontflex » Feb 6th, '08, 10:38

just finished watching this drama too...i quite slow :lol the show come out half a yr later then i watch haha...but got to say this show really very nice n seriously i think the love story displayed by buchou n amemiya was beautiful n just nice...not the over mushy type n ended very nicely also...

n i also hope got SP or another show abt them!

^FuNKy^

Post by ^FuNKy^ » Feb 8th, '08, 15:47

genkichelli wrote:i've just watched the series again and it never fails to amuse me everytime! i even got my friends and officemates to watch it and all of them are cazy about hnh now! do hope a sequel or special comes out cos i cant get enough! hehehe ^^

anyway, i dunno if someone posted it here already but i was looking for the piano version of "yokogao" sung by aiko that was playing in ep 8 or 9. i have the original version mp3 but i just started crying listening to that version so i reaaallly, really wanna have a copy of that.

and funky, hope u see my pm about the manga! yoroshiku ne~
Hey genkichelli~ Just wondering if you got my PM reply about the manga~ We're trying to get more of the HnH manga translated so if you're still interested e-mail/PM me! Onegai~

starrydreams

Post by starrydreams » Feb 10th, '08, 04:36

what a cute ending to this drama! does anyone know where i can get a translated ost tracklist? i only could find ones in japanese characters.

lynchmob72

Post by lynchmob72 » Feb 10th, '08, 04:58

I think Hotaru No Hikari was one of the best (if not, the BEST) Jdrama's i have seen to date. It had great acting, was well written, and well produced. If they fail to make a second season, or a special ... they are losing out on something big.

And so are we. :cry:

yasumi14

Post by yasumi14 » Feb 12th, '08, 11:27

i love manager.. this hooked me up "bitin" hopin for season 2..

rairai

Post by rairai » Feb 24th, '08, 04:05

watched hotaru no hikari 2 months ago and its my favorite among my favorites!! love ayase haruka and fujiki, they look cute together!
just not that satisfied with its ending though.. they could have at least kissed in the end..
hoping for a sequel or a one epi special at least..

liked it when ayase walks backwards with a funny instrumentals/song playing, so funny

neways, my friend and i were wondering if sumeithing happend between makoto and amemiya since they lived together?? but i think nothing did, seeing how clueless amemiya is in love and relationships..

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Mar 8th, '08, 05:37

It's nice seeing Ayase Haruka in a rom-com series. She's very funny as Hotaru! She has a great chemistry with Fujiki Naohito! Funny & cute combo! :D

lulurz

Post by lulurz » Mar 10th, '08, 02:23

i just finished watching it ~~it's so cute!!! it's nothing extraordinary of a story but it's a feel good drama

I enjoyed it

Boushou is so cute hahahah.. i like the jokes he cracks.. the stuff he calls Hotaru.. Tire-onna hahah

and Hotaru and her "HUH"s ..
I finished this in like .. 24 hrs hahahha cuz it's the weekend
I started like 1 lb no fukuin .. and 10 mins in.. was bored to zzzzzz so i decided to start Hotaru cuz I heard good reviews from it.. it wasn't a bad switch hehe:P

I'm sucha a Himono onna .. so I can relate to it
hahha

Makoto is so annoying he's sucha wimp but then I must admit he looks good in glasses hahaha

rairai

Post by rairai » Mar 10th, '08, 08:52

yea, actually one of the reasons i liked it is because i can definitely relate to it...to her!! i feel like im watching myself.. haha (well of course i know ayase is much much prettier).. at home an himono onna slash aho slash obasan yet looks okay oustide/at work.. haha.. (oopss.. thats too much revelation about myself..lolz!)