[Discussion] Ouran High School Club

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Sep 3rd, '07, 15:49

Cassiopeia wrote:Tamaki is supposed to be half french ...... I opted for Yuu Shirota ..... should be funny, Yuu is the cool guy, but he played somewhat "differently" in HanaKimi tho ..... or Eiji Wentz suits the role better?
true but he's supposed to not look too mixed blood cuz Haruhi couldn't tell that he's mixed and not japanese. i hope i didnt use any racist kind of term. sorry if i offend anyone.

a2a

Post by a2a » Sep 3rd, '07, 17:30

Ooh! So it's just a rumor, huh? Personally I would love to see an Ouran drama but with slightly different cast. I think Maki is cute and has proven that she can play a girl mistaken for a boy perfectly from Hana Kimi but I would want another guy to play Tamaki. Yamamoto Yusuke is hella cute but not for Tamaki. Akanishi Jin would make the perfect Tamaki if he bleaches his hair again. I mean Tamaki is stupid and whoo Jin isn't nicknamed Bakanishi for no reason. Either him or YamaP as Tamaki (but then he would be paired with Maki for the 3rd time huh...) And I want another Kyoya. I can't imagine Mizushima with Kyoya's hairstyle and glasses.
But you know what? Even if it's just a rumor now someday it may turn into reality. SInce lately live action adaptions have been getting better and better so an Ouran drama doesn't sound so utopic. Hell, even a Fruits Basket drama doen't sound like it'll never become reality someday! (And I'm all in for YamaP as Kyo and Ueda Tatsuya as Yuki!)

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Sep 4th, '07, 07:04

j_halo7 wrote:
aishoni2 wrote: Better for this shoujo manga to be turned into a live action by the Japanese before Taiwan got their hands on it (like always).
i doubt Taiwan's gonna make a drama out of this. its too over the top and difficult to adapt to be realistic in my opinion. dun get me wrong, i love Ouran Host Club!
It might be too over the top for the Taiwan drama makers to produce but they've almost always went ahead of the Japanese in making live action shoujo manga like Hanakimi, HYD aka Meteor Garden, Mars, YamadaTaro, MarmaladeBoy... I haven't watched any btw ^^;;; I just knew them since the dramas are popular. For once I hope the Japanese catch on.
I can't imagine Mizushima with Kyoya's hairstyle and glasses
Hairstyle can change dearie. What's important is the acting skill. He worn glasses & sported straight hair in Watashitachi sumthing2 as the weird math teacher.The man got the charisma to be either Kyouya OR Tamaki. Plus, he is Tendou Souji, the man that walks the path of heaven, ruler of evrything. HIRO FOR OURAN!
ummm... no more Jin please.. he got a SUPER role in a mega popular manga already. Give a little fame to somebody else please.

Trisix

Post by Trisix » Sep 4th, '07, 08:38

Lmao. Everyone is looking forward to find out whether it is really a rumour or a truth. @________@ I myself is looking forward as well. I love Tamaki~~~ His idiocy never fails to amuse me. XD Minna~ Let's all wait.

Salz

Post by Salz » Sep 4th, '07, 10:01

im totally in full support if Hiro going to become either Tamaki or Kyouya coz he have really good acting skill...he can be baka n funny like Tamaki and also cool like Kyouka

Babyitshind

Post by Babyitshind » Sep 5th, '07, 00:33

Personally, I really dont care who the cast is, I JUST WANT THE SHOW TO BE A DRAMA! its a really cool anime, and i would love to see it with a RL cast.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Sep 5th, '07, 00:40

Babyitshind wrote:Personally, I really dont care who the cast is, I JUST WANT THE SHOW TO BE A DRAMA! its a really cool anime, and i would love to see it with a RL cast.
i know!!! i wanna see this become a drama!! i love ouran host club.. tamaki's stupidity just amazes me XD and the twins!! :333

taurianangel

Post by taurianangel » Sep 5th, '07, 18:03

hmmmm..eiji wentz would be a gud tamaki but can he act like the tamaki..i mean the complete baka-nes that tamaki is can he really get it.

i luv yamamoto yusuke..i really do.his role in hana kimi-japan made me fall in luv wid him(and nakatsu-ikuta toma)

i was not sure if he'd fit tamaki b4 but there was an episode of hana kimi i think either 6or 7 in which theres a small scene in which maki(mizuki) tells him "no" and then they showd him wid this
" tearyeyed puppy face" which WAS SOOOOOOO FRIGGIN ADORABLE!

the exp he made was so cute!i kept playin it over and over again..so i guess he can make those "face exp" which puts him back on the candidate list for tamaki..
but im still not sure.

and as hawt as jin is he wouldnt be able to play tamaki propery..i mean tamaki is tamaki...no one can be him!

hes just tooooo unique!!

but cos i dont kno many j'actors who can pull of facial exp im gona go wid yamamoto yusuke(all cos of that scene in hana kimi and also bcos
1)he is said to be a very versatile actor
2)hes adorable and if he bleaches his hair he'l probably luk hawt
3)hawt body-what more cld u want!

yes im obsessed wid him..but hes jus too adorable,,hes my fav next to ikuta toma from hana kimi!

taurianangel

Post by taurianangel » Sep 5th, '07, 18:25

also now with kyoua-Mizushima Hiro-hiro

lemme jus start of wid...this guy is hawt!! imean-check this vid out

he plays minami in hana kimi-japan.
now im actually not that happy wid his acting in hana kimi some scenes are really nie but in some scenes he jus tries to be funny but he overacts a bit which jus totally messes it but hes not doin a bad job as minami but he could have done better

however i think hes a very good actor becos hes done a no. of roles and each chrc is very diff..hes played this weird maths teacher which he portrayed very well..and a nerd in lovely complex live action and also in kamen rider if im not mistaken those were some really gud roles he played.

and he can really do the "serious act" well!

thats why hes really really gud to play kyoya bcos hes got this charm! and he can easily shift from the "cool" to the "dark lord" mode that kyouya has..lol

but seriously i think hiro is d guy to play kyouya

taurianangel

Post by taurianangel » Sep 6th, '07, 03:24

Mizushima Hiro
-kyouya-

this isnt a very gud pic of him wid glasses but he is pretty hawt with them

Salz

Post by Salz » Sep 6th, '07, 03:53

totally agree with u^^ Hiro should be Kyouya and Yusuke should be Tamaki...i luv when this two act together

phenally

Post by phenally » Sep 6th, '07, 04:01

i think sekime in Hana Kimi should play tamaki ... well dunno bout his acting skill but he looks a bit like tamaki... and teppei can be honey senpai. He fits the role perfectly :p

taurianangel

Post by taurianangel » Sep 6th, '07, 04:04

teppei is cute!! i mean hes probably the cutest creature on earth but i really think honey senpai should be played by a kid

fyxyse_chan

Post by fyxyse_chan » Sep 9th, '07, 11:51

a2a wrote:Akanishi Jin would make the perfect Tamaki if he bleaches his hair again. I mean Tamaki is stupid and whoo Jin isn't nicknamed Bakanishi for no reason. Either him or YamaP as Tamaki
kyaaa!!! :w00t: i will b d happiest person if jin was chosen. i agree with u.jin would make the perfect tamaki. i really wanna see more of him as an actor.

yamapi is perfect too.remember his silliness as akira in nwp...cho kawaii...

anyway...i hope there will really be live action drama for this one...coz lately lots of manganime got turned into live action drama...totemo shiawase... :D

Lily Evans

Post by Lily Evans » Sep 9th, '07, 12:25

omg omg omg XD!!
god I hope it's true!!
hope they'll have shirota as a guest star :D!!

Ponice

Post by Ponice » Sep 10th, '07, 23:25

heh i would love to see maki dressing as a boy again xD
but i think the cast could be better :3
I like Yusuke, but i rather se a half playing Tamaki.
i can't really imagine Yusuke with blonde hair anyway <.<

for example.. well let's wait and see ^^

<3

elaidiosa

Post by elaidiosa » Sep 11th, '07, 09:39

i don't care if it's a rumour. just the thought of ouran high puts a huge smile on my face! :lol

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 20th, '11, 10:46

It's going to be true!!!!!!

Yamamoto Yusuke as Tamaki. :P to all the haters, he will be perfect as the King!

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » May 20th, '11, 15:03

it's true? i keep reading the rumor in this thread but i think it is.
i googled it in japanese and i got
http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51786280.html#

2011 july. the actress is not horikita maki....

ホスト部 HOST CLUB MEMBERS
鳳鏡夜 大東俊介
常陸院光 高木心平
常陸院馨 高木万平
埴之塚光邦 千葉雄大
銛之塚崇 中村昌也
猫澤梅人 竜星涼

um their pictures are up there:
http://rakusyasa.blog41.fc2.com/blog-entry-3530.html

but i don't know any of these actors.......
i have abad feeling abt this drama :( anime was good tho at lesat.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 20th, '11, 15:31

It's true. The last post in this thread was from 2007.

Haruhi will be played by Haruna Kawaguchi. She was the Yankee friend of Hana (Naka Riisa) in Yankee-kun to Megane-chan. And she played the friend of Maria (Kitano Kii) in Nagareboshi. These were smaller roles so it's impossible to say how she'll perform as Haruhi. But I'm happy that she's more of a unknown actress. It's much more possible to make a role your own if people don't have an image of you.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » May 20th, '11, 21:36

...and Yamamoto Yusuke whoooooh!!!! I heard from someone that the Takagi twins are to be in it too

ecco27

Post by ecco27 » May 20th, '11, 22:03

I still think it's funny that the rumored Tamaki from 4 years ago will actually be playing him XD

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » May 21st, '11, 12:35

i dont think so
this anime is so old
kinda strange to remake it as drama now ..

lets wait and C

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » May 21st, '11, 12:36

i dont think so
this anime is so old
kinda strange to remake it as drama now ..

lets wait and C

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 21st, '11, 12:42

It's based on a manga first and foremost. And the manga just ended recently. This is the perfect timing for the drama.

magdello

Post by magdello » May 22nd, '11, 08:53

yaaaay, im happy they make it a drama but... COME ON!
i thought that they were supposed to be hot! but, apart from Daito (which im guessing its him!) they look... well... just noooo!

i think that Daito an Yusuke will do a decend job. not that i can see them as characters but they are good actors!
but... honey-sempai? i remember him from one sentai and he was just horrible. and twins... maybe my expectations were too high after anime/manga because... they are a HUGE no no.

im really curious about the female lead, i remember from Yankee-kun and i think she can do a great job! plus - SHE'S NOT MAKI, HALLELUJAH!

but actually i think that ouran will have similar fate as perfect girl evolution. the drama will just not live up to standards that anime left...

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » May 24th, '11, 01:58

I love the anime but the Cast list is turn off for me >_> I'll check it though for sake of the story :whistling:

hhv94

Post by hhv94 » May 24th, '11, 02:17

Well this article has a solid confirmation of the cast that WILL play the Ouran characters. Looking forward to seeing an official web site to see how they look as the characters. I don't plan on making any judgement until I see a preview or see how they play this out first.

Link:
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/ouran-hi ... -confirmed

From Link above:
As previously revealed, Yamamoto is playing the role of Tamaki, the president of the host club, while Kawaguchi is playing the central character Haruhi. The other cast members are being played by:

Nakamura Masaya – Mori
Daito Shunsuke – Kyoya
Takagi Shinpei and Takagi Manpei – Hitachiin twins
Chiba Yudai – Honey
Ryusei Ryo – Umehito

TBS will broadcast the series in the “Friday Break” time slot (Friday night, 12:20am), beginning in July. More details will be released at a later date.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 13th, '11, 20:17

Unfortunately on a pic of the cast as their characters neither Yuusuke nor the guy that is playing Honey is having blonde hair. Meh. But they might change that later? Anyway, can't wait.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jun 22nd, '11, 02:52

I just hope it's decent. I really do dread them making this, but it's official now.

Yu Shirota should be Tamaki, and Maki (as much as I think she can't act) should of been Haruhi. I don't know who I feel about the look of the cast at all. :,/

AilsKeren27

Post by AilsKeren27 » Jun 23rd, '11, 18:06

i'll be anticipating and watching it for sure. :-)

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jun 29th, '11, 21:24

Ouran first teaser

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Jul 10th, '11, 21:08

I don't like that weird lipped skinny dude that's supposed to be blonde prince awesome. But i'll definitely watch this.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 23rd, '11, 15:13

I just watched Ep.1 and as the anime fan, I'd have to say... unexpectedly, I LOVE IT! :cheers:

Well, I can't say I'm a big fan of the anime, but I did watch it and I like it! Just as everyone here, I was disappointed when I saw the cast list. First of all, Kawaguchi Haruna performed lousy acting in Nagareboshi as Kitano Kii's friend. I didn't think Yamamoto Yusuke would suit Tamaki's character, I was hoping they'd cast Wentz Eiji, who has more of a French face and definitely can do comedy. The twin are so not handsome. I like Daito Shunsuke, but I don't think he's handsome and cool enough to be Kyoya, I prefer Mizushima Hiro to be Kyoya. No comments on the others.

That was my first impression, so I watched the first episode without much expectation.

I was wrong! I don't know about the manga, but the drama follows the anime to a tee!! Characterization, plot, scenes, the actors' portrayal... everything's follow the anime in details. The drama's each episode is 23 mins, just like the anime duration, so the plot fits in perfectly, no additional plot whatsoever.

The actors' portrayal as the characters amazingly similar to the anime characters. The way Kawaguchi Haruna talks is so similar with the way anime-Haruhi talks. The twin may not be handsome, but so far they performed good-enough acting as the Hitachiin twin we all familiar with.

Honey-senpai doesn't look small enough, but there was one scene when he jumps into Haruhi, which used (comic-like) special effects where they made Honey looks alot smaller! It was unexpected and very amusing! So far, Honey is okay with the cutesy-cutesy acting, not disappointing, but I hope he can differ acting as a cute boy and acting as a feminine boy, in the next episodes.

What impressed me the most, is Yamamoto Yusuke's portrayal as Tamaki. He's just sooooo Tamaki!! :lol I really enjoyed his portrayal as Tamaki. He made me laugh most of the time just as the anime-Tamaki. I can't wait for him to refer himself as "otousan", just like in the anime^^

Unfortunately though, Daito Shunsuke lacks Kyoya's coolness.

What I love above all is, the comic-like special effects!! I so love the "uzai" effects on Tamaki, haha~ Such a better effect than the anime itself^^ I haven't seen any drama that uses such comic effects like this, since Nodame Cantabile :lol

I really can watch the first episode over and over. Can't wait for next week! It would be the same plot as Ep3 of the anime :roll

bloodbath-angel

Post by bloodbath-angel » Jul 23rd, '11, 19:01

Does anyone know who is subbing this drama? Thanks!

nell123

Post by nell123 » Jul 23rd, '11, 19:57

I was pleasantly surprised by the first episode. :D Didn't think I'll like it so much. The comedy was ok and the cast performed better than expected. I'll keep watching.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jul 23rd, '11, 20:16

DarksmurfSub are working on the Subtitle :)
http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index ... club-2011/

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Jul 25th, '11, 22:57

I don't want to reg for yet another site to get subs. Anyone else subbing this?

Kirarachu

Post by Kirarachu » Jul 26th, '11, 14:17

I read on Tokyohive that the first episode got 1.1% viewership. 0_o;; That really surprised me, because I've been looking forward to seeing it since they announced it. Now I'm not sure whether or not I should watch it..

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Jul 27th, '11, 03:41

yanie wrote:I just watched Ep.1 and as the anime fan, I'd have to say... unexpectedly, I LOVE IT! :cheers:

xxx xxx xxx

I really can watch the first episode over and over. Can't wait for next week! It would be the same plot as Ep3 of the anime :roll
Haven't seen the anime but I have to agree with your assessment. Just saw this earlier (was looking for something fun and light to watch because it's raining outside) and I couldn't help but laugh at how hilariously absurd it was... and I mean that in a good way. I tried watching a few minutes of the Hana Kimi remake and Ikemen desu ne but this was the only one I managed to finish because I found its tone and treatment more to my liking. I love how it pokes fun at and combines plot devices from shojo manga-based dramas and comes up with something horrendously funny and tacky at the same time. What's more is that the main actors all appear to be committed to their roles without any reservations as to how comical, uncool or silly they look playing their parts.

One of the reasons why I didn't take to Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge was that I felt like the cast was always worried about looking cool too much to sell the funny so everything kinda fell flat. With this show though, you kinda know at the get-go what you're signing up for, which is in essence a whole lot of silly and boy, do they sell it. At least the story's easier to follow and nowhere near as crazy as the original Hana Kimi. Anyway, I also liked the special effects---the beating heart, the huge "uzai" that can pin a person to a wall, even the CG droplets of water that sparkled every time a [beautiful wet] Tamaki turned his head (haha!). Too bad about the ratings but I'll definitely tune in to episode 2 this week.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 27th, '11, 04:16

Kirarachu wrote:I read on Tokyohive that the first episode got 1.1% viewership. 0_o;; That really surprised me, because I've been looking forward to seeing it since they announced it. Now I'm not sure whether or not I should watch it..
I say, you shld watch anyway! :thumright: 4 out of 5 of my friends who watched Ep1, loved it (at least, like)^^

Ouran airs midnight 24:20, hence the almost-to-zero rating :P But I guess, it is low even for midnight shows (Detective Conan airs midnight too, and it has 4-5% rating).

But then again, 'ta hell with ratings right? :alcoholic:

Bottled Fairy

Post by Bottled Fairy » Jul 27th, '11, 04:29

outcast_within wrote:I don't want to reg for yet another site to get subs. Anyone else subbing this?
Yes, is anyone else subbing this? Inquiring minds want to know! XD

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 27th, '11, 04:32

Bottled Fairy wrote:
outcast_within wrote:I don't want to reg for yet another site to get subs. Anyone else subbing this?
If only you check the Subtitles category of this forum since yesterday... lol, you're only a click away, actually :mrgreen:

Serendipity is providing English softsubs for this drama, in the Subtitles category of this D-A forum.

Bottled Fairy

Post by Bottled Fairy » Jul 27th, '11, 04:36

yanie wrote:
Bottled Fairy wrote:
If only you check the Subtitles category of this forum since yesterday... lol, you're only a click away, actually :mrgreen:

Serendipity is providing English softsubs for this drama, in the Subtitles category of this D-A forum.
Thank you! I'm not new to DA, but I'm new to the forums, (I've never really participated), so I appreciate your answer! Thank you~! :mrgreen:

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Jul 28th, '11, 00:47

Ladies and gentlemen we got him.
Japanese dafoe

nell123

Post by nell123 » Jul 28th, '11, 22:19

^ That image hurts my eyes :blink but I see the similarities.
And contrary to my expectations Yusuke is a very good Tamaki. Who new that the cute ghost boy from Hana KImi will become a leading man material ... :D

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 28th, '11, 22:58

I'm a huuuuuuge fan of the anime, so I wasn't sure how this was going to work out.

But, the first episode was pretty good. I like the special effects (except the one with Honey-sempai, that was just weird!) and they were, for the most part, very well made, too. I don't know if I can really explain this well, but what bothered me was that it could've been even more outrageous, but some things could've been dialed down as well. Since you can't really find anyone who's really as small as Honey-sempai, they could've just left that part out. He's still pretty short and cutesy (and a good contrast to Mori as he is supposed to be), so I don't see the need for Mori to be carrying around a doll just to follow the manga to a t. And Yusuke looks a bit forced when he's flailing his arms around in a "grand" way. He should just go for it and not be afraid to look really really stupid. So while he is pretty good, he's not ridiculous enough.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 30th, '11, 06:35

Ep2 was hillarious as well!!^^d Enjoying Yamamoto Yusuke's Tamaki-comical acting very much, although sometimes he's exagerrating it a bit^^
Glad the part where he keeps referring himself as "otousan" started in Ep2. His serious-coolness at one time and silliness at another time, are balancing quite well. Love the Tamaki-rock breaking into pieces effects, lol.
Kawaguchi Haruna portrayed Haruhi very well too.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 30th, '11, 06:48

I'm glad the majority of people who picked this up seems to have enjoyed it more than they thought they would. Mostly because I was in the same boat, I guess we all are if we're readers of the manga and watchers of the anime. Ouran is just completely on a different level. I guess we didn't want it... spoiled? However a live action was always going to come and we've had to wait years for it to do so.

I haven't got around to watching the second episode, I'll wait for subs, I'll just comment on the first.

I don't think there is any actor that can truly play Tamaki, he is just an outrageous, hilarious character that is untouchable in a way, however I had faith in Yamamoto Yusuke, he can do comedy and he pulled off a good enough Tamaki in the first episode. Daito Shunsuke as Kyoya is, I think, near enough spot on. Mori is OK, Honey... I'm going to wait until I've watched a few more episodes to judge and I love the twins. The only one I'm not satisfied with is Haruna as Haruhi. I don't know what it is, maybe she's lacking something. There's just something in her that's not Haruhi.
I don't know if I can really explain this well, but what bothered me was that it could've been even more outrageous, but some things could've been dialed down as well.
I completely understand this because this is the only thing that I really wanted to bring up about the first episode. On the special effects side of things some are fine, sometimes they're missing and some are just not needed at all. The shrinking Honey was just creepy and should never be seen again.

My last point was that I wished the had emphasized the host club members bar Tamaki finding out Haruhi was a girl in the episode.

Skibblu

Post by Skibblu » Jul 30th, '11, 09:37

This is the one drama that I would definitely look forward to watching every week. Last time I was this happy was..Zettai Kareshi?

I love almost everything about it, the over the top-ness of the school, Tamaki, the host club.
I'm not one to doubt casting choice, but when I saw the first 10 seconds of episode, I was slightly miffed about Tamaki's not-so-blonde blond-ish brown hair. His complete dorkiness won me over though.

It's Matsujun's Domyouji again. (Oh why couldn't you have been taller. >>) Jdrama, you are awesome.

Only thing I have to complain about is, like everyone else, Honey-senpai's height. There ARE shorter actors around, or even better, cast a 12 year old =O (though I'm not sure how well the actor would go with the rest of the crazy crazy scene) The really random jump was awkward, slightly creepy and amusing at the same time. I'm so on the fence here.

For some bizzare reason, I don't like Kyouya. :scratch: There's nothing wrong with him, it just feels off. -shrug-

Did anyone notice the random room with staircase they showed is the same as in Mei-chan? :P

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 30th, '11, 10:59

Rori wrote: My last point was that I wished the had emphasized the host club members bar Tamaki finding out Haruhi was a girl in the episode.
The first episode of Ouran anime is, like, my favorite episode of any anime ever. The first time I was watching I had no idea what was going on. One person at a time, light bulbs were lighting up in their heads as they were realizing Haruhi was actually a girl. It was so. damn. good! I guess it's ok they didn't take it as far (I would've loved to see it, tho!), they could've emphasized it even a little. What made them realize?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 30th, '11, 12:29

SSpiegel wrote:The first episode of Ouran anime is, like, my favorite episode of any anime ever. The first time I was watching I had no idea what was going on. One person at a time, light bulbs were lighting up in their heads as they were realizing Haruhi was actually a girl. It was so. damn. good! I guess it's ok they didn't take it as far (I would've loved to see it, tho!), they could've emphasized it even a little. What made them realize?
I loved the lightbulbs in the anime too!^v^

Now that I'm reading the manga, I noticed that the drama seem to be following the manga more than the anime. There were no lightbulbs part in the manga. In the anime, Tamaki found out she's a girl, when he accidentally went into the curtain where Haruhi was changing clothes. While in the manga, it went exactly like the drama, Tamaki simply found her id card.

josean06

Post by josean06 » Jul 30th, '11, 13:13

I've got to say that I'm really liking the live-action version! Everyone is doing their parts very well, and to compare it to the anime, is somewhat difficult, because they were more outrageous and more free in what they were able to do.

The first episode was pretty much spot on with everything, same with the second. My favorite part in the second episode was where Tamaki and Kyouya were referred to as the mom and dad, and Haruhi, the daughter. Yusuke is such a cutie! He even did his signature pout in the second episode!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 31st, '11, 03:56

Just realized that the drama's Ep3 plot was not in the anime (but it was in the manga; the smart girl, Jonouchi Ayame plot). And, watching the Ep00 Special Navi, seem like Ep4 would be about the one at the private beach (the one with the thunder! :w00t:), can't wait!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 1st, '11, 02:01

Ouran Ep2 -> 3.4% (2nd highest rating next to Conan, among midnight dramas like Piece Vote, Arakawa, Rokudenashi, etc)

Glad it's rising^^ Hope it'll rise more for Ep3, coz I don't want this drama to end only in 9 eps XD

nell123

Post by nell123 » Aug 1st, '11, 18:40

yanie wrote:Ouran Ep2 -> 3.4% (2nd highest rating next to Conan, among midnight dramas like Piece Vote, Arakawa, Rokudenashi, etc)

Glad it's rising^^ Hope it'll rise more for Ep3, coz I don't want this drama to end only in 9 eps XD
I'm glad to hear that Ouran is getting recognition from fans. :-) But I'm afraid I don't understand the last part of your post. Is there any chance of extension if ratings climb even higher? I know that successful dramas usually get another season but I don't think I've ever heard of a drama being extended. :unsure:
But then again I don't watch as many dramas as I used to anymore ... :whistling:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 1st, '11, 22:10

nell123 wrote:I'm glad to hear that Ouran is getting recognition from fans. :-) But I'm afraid I don't understand the last part of your post. Is there any chance of extension if ratings climb even higher? I know that successful dramas usually get another season but I don't think I've ever heard of a drama being extended. :unsure:
But then again I don't watch as many dramas as I used to anymore ... :whistling:
Yup, I'm hoping for a 2nd season in 46-min/episode golden timeslot (Ouran is currently airing midnight, 23-min/epi) :lol It might be impossible, but there's slightly a bit hope, because I'm not the only one in this.

A Japanese BBS, 2ch which usually full of bashings, surprisingly full of praises on it's Ouran thread. Apparently, the drama has good reputation too, among the Japanese fans. Many thinks it's much better than "Ikemen" and "HanaKimi", and wishes Ouran can switch timeslot with either dramas. The official website even received more high praises in it's fan message section, and many complained about the airing time and that those who live outside Tokyo can only watch it 10-25 days later on their local TV. They seriously complained that it's such a waste for a better-quality drama like Ouran to be airing on midnight slot, and not the golden one.

I'm guessing that if the rating can keep rising up to 6%, possibility for the producers to listen what fans said, might be bigger :P

(however some said that Ouran is not allowed to air on golden slot, because it has "host" in it's title :unsure: Dunno why it's not allowed...)

There are just TOO many plots from the manga I'd like to see as live-action, that won't fit in even if it's 11-eps :cry:
I want to see the Tamaki-Haruhi-Hikaru love triangle (well, actually if we'd like to dig it deeper, Kyoya and Kaoru have hidden feelings for Haruhi too XD) which expands in the twin fight plot, the part-time job in Karuizawa plot, the class skiing trip. Also, the Host members visiting Haruhi's commoner apartement, the yakuza son-Kasanoda plot. Of course the whole Tamaki/Haruhi-finally-realizing-their-own-feelings-for-each-other plot which expands in 7-8 chapters XD
:pray:

enggrrl

Post by enggrrl » Aug 5th, '11, 14:36

yanie wrote:Ouran Ep2 -> 3.4% (2nd highest rating next to Conan, among midnight dramas like Piece Vote, Arakawa, Rokudenashi, etc)

The first episode didn't end up airing until 12:50, probably the reason for the really poor showing. (I stayed up and watched it, but I almost went to bed). Glad to see that once it wasn't delayed the viewership went up. I wish it was on a little earlier, but at least it's Friday and I can sleep in the next day.

I can't wait for tonight's episode.

enggrrl

Post by enggrrl » Aug 5th, '11, 14:40

The first episode didn't end up airing until 12:50, probably the reason for the really poor showing. (I stayed up and watched it, but I almost went to bed). Glad to see that once it wasn't delayed the viewership went up. I wish it was on a little earlier, but at least it's Friday and I can sleep in the next day.

I can't wait for tonight's episode.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 5th, '11, 16:06

OMG! This drama is just getting funnier!! :clap:

Ep3
The story is a combination of the manga chapter 2 (anime ep2) and manga chapter 17 (was not in the anime). I didn't understand why Jounouchi Ayame (Haruhi's tutor who hates Tamaki) was called the "Miss Morse", when I read the manga. Or rather I couldn't really imagine how anyone would be able to talk like a morse code machine. But thanks to the drama, it makes sense to me now! Omg, she actually talks like one! :lol Nakabeppu Aoi performed Jounouchi Ayame perfectly, I'm surprised.

Loved the ballroom party scene at the end. And the ending scene!! Wowww.... didn't expect it would follow the original to the tee!! :thumright:
I just have to say this once again... honto ni, Yamamoto Yusuke-kun.... BRAVO!!!! :clap:
Though his looks is not Tamaki-material, but he really nailed the part :thumleft:

(btw, the manga-ka, Hattori Bisco, twitted that Suou Tamaki's background in the drama is changed, that he is not half-French.)

Can't wait for next week! Renge-chan! :cheers:
Last edited by yanie on Aug 6th, '11, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 7th, '11, 15:37

Ouran Live-Action discussion forum has been created. Fans who wants to discuss this drama in further details, you can join this forum: http://ouranliveaction.forumotion.com/

I post up my translations there. (on cast interviews and behind-the-scenes stuff)

shuzzack
Malaysia

Post by shuzzack » Aug 7th, '11, 18:14

i'm watching this drama too.i never watch the anime before.so far i'm loving it! Tamaki is so funny beyond words lol XD

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Aug 8th, '11, 10:17

I've watched ep 3. The gala was a lot smaller in this ep. Didn't quite compare to the anime version. I felt the whole accidental kiss thing had more amusing potential.

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Aug 8th, '11, 10:49

The twincest is very funny. The show is very... flippantly nonchalent and a pleasant tone! It's pretty cool, I may check out the anime - although it's very similar right?

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Aug 8th, '11, 15:26

outcast_within wrote:I've watched ep 3. The gala was a lot smaller in this ep. Didn't quite compare to the anime version. I felt the whole accidental kiss thing had more amusing potential.
I rewatched the 2nd ep from the anime. It's waaay better than ep3.

I'm curious though what they will do with the fantasy ep.

forestmaiden71

Post by forestmaiden71 » Aug 8th, '11, 23:41

Ok, I was unsure about this drama after episode 1...but episode 2 won me over. I can't wait til I watch episode 3...(waiting until hardsubs come out) :P

blackbalsam

Post by blackbalsam » Aug 18th, '11, 17:01

After 4 ep and eagerly waiting for tomorrow night, I after-all decided to write smth to express how much I love Ouran :D

To start with, when I saw the list of cast I never, not even for a second doubted that Yamamoto Yusuke would deliver role of Tamaki-sama perfectly (which has been proved to be so :) ). Actually, I was bit skeptical about Daito Shunsuke but as drama goes on his Kyoya kinda grows on you. As to the rest of main cast - pittari! :)

What I appreciate most about the live action that it is very similar to both manga and anime (due to keeping the "major" events as close as possible to original) yet it has its own story line and twists. If it only had not-midnight airing time, it could easily get high ratings.

I'll also use this opportunity to express my gratitude to yanie and others for the translations and all the work on the Ouran Live-Action forum. Keep up the good work, guys! - from silent follower - ;)

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Aug 18th, '11, 18:09

^Exactly what I was saying. I don't really know why people are so sceptical of Yamamoto Yusuke, as soon as his name was announced I knew he would deliver. He's really talented. Do I remember you from the Tumbling Thread? We sure had fun there....haha. :w00t:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 18th, '11, 22:18

Future Episodes List prediction based on some blog, twitter and extra recruitment infos.
Episode06: The Twin's Fight
Episode07: Fujioka's Home Visit
Episode08: Nekozawa Kirimi
Episode09: Karuizawa Part1
Episode10: Karuizawa Part2
FinalEpi: School Festival

Ep6: the chief director twitted that the twin worked really hard for Ep6 and a TV magazine actually mentioned that Ep6 would be about the twin's fight. A Japanese mentioned in 2ch, that he saw Ouran filming in his neighbourhood and that one of the twin's hair was blonde.

Ep7: There were extra recruitment infos for a scene at supermarket and a residential area. And now, the chief director started twitting about "that" actor who will be playing a character that's neither a man nor a woman, lol. Bisco Hatori, the manga author, twitted that she screamed when she know who will be playing Haruhi's dad, becoz she likes that actor so much. Gosh, this is making me dokidoki. I'm guessing "that" actor will be announced on Saturday morning, perhaps in Ohsama no Brunch, bcoz Ouran cast is planned to promote in Brunch this Saturday. Someone who joined as an extra in the residential area scene mentioned the scene will appear in Ep7. One of the cast, Takagi Manpei posted his picture with some of the other cast inside the limousine which he said, was used in the filming, in his blog.

Ep8: According to a Japanese fan in 2ch, Kawaguchi Haruna mentioned in her KEN-ON blog, that Episode8 will be mainly about Nekozawa-sempai.

Ep9-10: There's another extra recruitment information. One's location would be at Karuizawa. Since "Karuizawa" is a pretty long story and the anime even took 2 eps for it, I'm guessing it'll take 2 eps as well in this drama, since it has the same duration per episode as the anime.

Ep11(fin): Another extra recruitment info says they need people to be school students and the students' parents. A story where they need lots of students' parents, I can only think of the school festival in the manga vol.6.

I guess, they will end the drama just like how the anime ended it. So disappointed...

I hope they make sequels and do the Boston/Barcelona episodes XD
I can't wait for tomorrow's Ep5!! I LOVE OURAN SO MUCH! :cheers:

blackbalsam

Post by blackbalsam » Aug 21st, '11, 18:16

What can I say about ep5 - EPIC!!! :cheers: Could be the favorite of the series but then again, I'm thinking like this after every episode haha

Apart from that, what people come up for the week's picture on twins FB page is as priceless as pictures themselves (especially interesting for twincest shippers) :thumright:

@MaiKitty: Well, hello there! Hisashiburi desu ne~~ :D

zai272

Post by zai272 » Aug 24th, '11, 03:13

just wondering.. why i can't seem to find ep 5 at the torrent?

Jaesunnie

Post by Jaesunnie » Aug 24th, '11, 13:12

zai272 wrote:just wondering.. why i can't seem to find ep 5 at the torrent?
I am wondering about this too, as some group already made subs for ep 5 D:

Dindae

Post by Dindae » Aug 24th, '11, 13:45

What a shame, it's only 11 episodes. Whatever.
Oh, thank God, it's not just me who can't find the ep05 on torrent. Btw, I can't find it anywhere :(

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 24th, '11, 20:55

It's available now!! :cheers:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_98595.htm

Raw uploaders are the same as fansubbers, they have their own lives too. I kinda figured it's just gonna be late for a few days.
We just have to wait patiently 8)
(I won't lie that I was very, very worried and had withdrawal symptoms too, though :lol)

Dindae

Post by Dindae » Aug 25th, '11, 11:34

Uhh, Thx :D I thought that something is not right, I mean, it vanished somewhere or I am the idiot who can't find it :D I didn't mean to rush them :-)