[Discussion]- Ganges Gawa de Butterfly [2007] - Upcoming..

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
arabian

[Discussion]- Ganges Gawa de Butterfly [2007] - Upcoming..

Post by arabian » Jul 23rd, '07, 14:54

Title: ガンジス河でバタフライ
Title (romaji): Ganges Gawa de Butterfly
Also known as: Butterfly at the Ganges River
Genre: Human drama
Format: Tanpatsu
Broadcast network: TV Asahi
Broadcast date: Autumn 2007
Air time:

Synopsis :

This drama special is adapted from an essay by Takano Teruko about a university student who travels to India by herself. She will have an unexpected discovery about cultural differences while swimming in the Ganges river.

Cast :

Nagasawa Masami
Tsukamoto Takashi
Ishibashi Renji
Arakawa Yoshiyoshi
Nakatani Miki (guest star)

More info:

DramaWiki
Offical Site

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Oct 11th, '07, 08:05

Did anyone finish watching it yet? I'm hoping for subs, but I skimmed through both parts RAW and it looks really interesting. It's so nice to see Masami Nagasawa in a role that is exaggerated but still very cute!! Her character was annoying at times (her whoa, high pitched yells), but yeah, it's refreshing to see her do something different, I guess.

And the different setting was so nice, something completely different from your usual Japanese setting. Takashi Tsukamoto's side character was really adorable too. Especially during the car chase. AHAHA.

Ah, hope for subs~ *crosses fingers*

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Oct 12th, '07, 04:53

I've watched the first half, and I'm enjoying it somewhat. I like that they are communicating a lot in English, as that is better than Indian people suddenly speaking Japanese, but that doesn't mean I understand everything that was said. Pretty much the English words I understood would be what I would understand in Japanese anyway! Hopefully I'll watch the second part on the weekend.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Oct 12th, '07, 05:00

Just the fact that Kudo Kankuro is the screenwriter makes this a definite watch for me. :w00t:

altec1

Post by altec1 » Oct 14th, '07, 05:31

I so badly want to see this drama. Is any SUB Team wanting to sub it? I heard it was subbed in CHINESE! PLEASE someone translate it. Thank You.

The preview on YOUTUBE!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here's the CAST in INDIA!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Oct 14th, '07, 06:41

Well, overall it wasn't totally breath takingly wonderful, but it was a "nice" little show. The English was probably the most entertaining part. I will perhaps keeps it for when I'm a bit better at Japanese so I can understand a bit more of what was said, but apart from that it I don't think I'd watch it again. But I could get through it all, so I guess it's worth a 5/10

Natsu-chan

Post by Natsu-chan » Oct 15th, '07, 16:19

EH!! Masami!! How come? She's already acting in Hataraki Man, this season's new drama :scratch: & wow I have to watch this since it's based on an ESSAY!!! :w00t: Hehe I might as well send my essays to Japan & see if any one of them gets turned into a drama :lol

Thanks for sharing the info ^.^

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Oct 16th, '07, 00:59

i have to say, i liked this drama! i didnt think i would like the drama based on the story line, but this drama is really easy and pleasant to watch. i have to say though, the character played by masami at times were too over the top where i got annoyed, but i liked this drama overall! it was really fascinating to "travel" to india! and it had comedy in this drama too..so i liked it!!

Asta

Post by Asta » Oct 29th, '07, 20:38

I'd love to see this, but I can't understand japanese well... I'll probably get it and try to anyway! Masami was very good in Prodai and Dragon Zakura, I liked her there, and Tsukamoto Takashi is in this <3! The whole adventure story seems great too! I'd like to go there someday too.
I really hope someone will sub this!!

2triky

Post by 2triky » Feb 23rd, '08, 04:30

Did any capable individual(s) ever express any interest in subbing this tanpatsu?

myk_06

Post by myk_06 » Feb 23rd, '08, 05:16

managed to get this subbed. :-) just waiting on checking :P

2triky

Post by 2triky » Feb 23rd, '08, 14:55

myk_06 wrote:managed to get this subbed. :-) just waiting on checking :P
Oh wow, what a welcome surprise. Thanks for the good news :cheers:

Shenhua

Post by Shenhua » Mar 10th, '08, 04:25

myk_06 wrote:managed to get this subbed. :-) just waiting on checking :P
omg thank you so much <3

Chen Yisi

Post by Chen Yisi » Mar 21st, '08, 16:07

I managed to find time to watch that.

I'd say it's not astonishingly fantastic but I liked it a lot, I could imagine me as Teruko because I also traveled in India and I'm a bit like this character so I had some sympathy for the girl ^^
The story is really realistic and it shows India as it is, not the bright side shown in Bollywood movies for instance.

And I have the inpression I mentally grew up after watching that.
I know it's not true and this feeling will soon disappear but feels great for the moment!!