[Discussion] Dream Again

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
playzero

Post by playzero » Dec 17th, '07, 00:26

wootdfook1 wrote:Can anyone upload the OST for this drama? I really like the opening theme. The one uploaded on torrent was ending theme.
me too ...
but i can't find it ....

onimusha10154

Post by onimusha10154 » Dec 18th, '07, 11:00

is the ost even out yet?

heat6jones

Post by heat6jones » Dec 18th, '07, 13:07

yeah, it's for sale on yesasia

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/c ... 005145034/

The opening theme is titled 'Dream Again'

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Dec 22nd, '07, 06:14

~Wheee~

Finally got around to watching the last three episodes... and I gotta say (after watching the finale) I kind of liked it, but mostly... I mostly hated it. A cliched, cop-out ending. Horrid. And the worst part was, I kept thinking it would go for the best ending out of all the possibilities I saw--basically, ending with Ogi going to heaven, and maybe a few short scenes with the rest of the cast post-mortem. It's kind of a slap in the face to get the "and it was all a dream!" ending. Guess not. Well, I suppose you could take the scenes after Ogi's revival as his "heaven" but I kind of doubt it was meant to be taken that way....

Anyway, while watching 10 I had a few ideas for how they would end it. First, the comedy angle--Hina dies. Sad, right? Then Tanaka puts her soul in the body of an amateur baseball player, or something, taking the pro test. Woulda' been funny, no?

And the "whoah, dude" ending--Basically, Ogi is dead, and died when he died. Asahina really was his friend, and his grief/stress caused a mental breakdown, so all the paranormal stuff was actually his delusion, That couldha' been pretty cool, I think,

airskape

Post by airskape » Dec 22nd, '07, 06:55

actually i think it was tanaka actually changing the past rather than the whole ordeal being just ogi's dream..but thats just my opinion

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Dec 22nd, '07, 11:14

I personally hated the ending, too. All in all, I thought the show wasn't that bad but I wish I stopped watching at the point when Ogi said... " Let's go to that place called heaven."

I think there's also too many loopholes. (like: no matter what happens, Hina is going to die right? Unless she made it abroad to get the surgery or something) (Why didn't Ogi disappear when Kenzo and Satsuki found out his real identity?)

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Dec 23rd, '07, 01:40

Well, I for one got the idea (completely out of nowhere, of course) that the whole thing about him not being able to tell anyone who he was, was not actually a "rule." That's why it only happened early on--sort of a way to teach him to keep his mouth shut. It's also possible that Tanaka was the one behind it, so Ogi's soul would only dissipate if Tanaka witnessed him breaking the "rule."

As for Hina's death... I initially like the idea of Ogi giving up his life for hers, but for some reason I thought his "death" wouldn't be his death as Asahina, but rather the death of his soul. In other words, he gives up his immortal existence to save her life.

But, yeah, "Let's go to that place called heaven." Was the PERFECT line to end the story. That's actually a problem with a lot of amateur writers... they tend to keep writing, even after the story ends. (or should end.) If I ever watch it again, I'm ending at the line for sure.

The only thing (other than the ending) I didn't care for in the show was that there was a bit too much focus on Ogi's life... I would have liked to see more of Asahina. I also don't see why Asahina's soul couldn't stick around or show up to talk to Ogi, kind of like Tanaka. That could have certainly made things a bit more interesting.

All in all, though, I'd say it was the best show of the season.

Kazeyama

Post by Kazeyama » Dec 23rd, '07, 06:44

I cried so much watching this dorama that now when I even listen to Kobukuro's theme song I cry. It's pretty darn pathetic!

wubles

Post by wubles » Dec 23rd, '07, 10:19

Yeah. On average, the jdrama as a whole was pretty, well, average! :P There were a lot of different ways and angles they could've used to make it a lot better or at least a lot different, and they kept missing it. And seriously, what was that ending? :P

frashdi87

Post by frashdi87 » Dec 23rd, '07, 15:41

juz finish watching the last ep...
the ending pissed me off :cussing: ...
the storyline is ok..but too many glitch...
the kenzo already found out he is ogi but ogi didnt dissappear..hows that..arghhhh :scratch:
Last edited by frashdi87 on Jan 1st, '08, 08:43, edited 1 time in total.

marriedtomisaki

Post by marriedtomisaki » Jan 1st, '08, 07:52

Just finished Watching this Dorama and I can honestly say I really liked it. Sure there was Cliches but It was still overall very good. THe ending was strange but it could have been better if they had just explained what Tanaka did there near the end. IF they had done that then it ended the way I wanted sort of. Anyway 9.5/10 for for me.

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Jan 2nd, '08, 00:16

Hmm, watched the last 2 eps, and I agree that the end was disappointing. It felt kinda wrong, and a cop out. Given that it didn't seem like any of them remembered any of what happened before the 'reset', one wonders what they learned after all that? What was the point?

I thought that Sorimachi's acting didn't seem appropriate at times, and that Ai Katoh, while looking great, was entirely unconvincing.

Not a bad series, but could have been better.

the_lilone

Post by the_lilone » Jul 20th, '08, 05:50

just to bring this thread back up....

has anyone found the OST for this drama yet?!??!?

months and seasons after the drama ended i still can't find the OST!! i want to collect the different instrumental versions of Aoku Yasashiku (one of my FAVOURITE EVER song....)
Last edited by the_lilone on Sep 25th, '08, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.

the_lilone

Post by the_lilone » Jul 20th, '08, 05:52

-please ignore this-
Last edited by the_lilone on Sep 25th, '08, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.

the_lilone

Post by the_lilone » Jul 20th, '08, 05:53

-please ignore this-
Last edited by the_lilone on Sep 25th, '08, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.

the_lilone

Post by the_lilone » Jul 20th, '08, 05:54

-please ignore this-
Last edited by the_lilone on Sep 25th, '08, 07:25, edited 2 times in total.

the_lilone

Post by the_lilone » Jul 20th, '08, 05:55

-please ignore this-
Last edited by the_lilone on Sep 25th, '08, 07:23, edited 2 times in total.

the_lilone

Post by the_lilone » Jul 20th, '08, 05:59

-please ignore this-
Last edited by the_lilone on Sep 25th, '08, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.

the_lilone

Post by the_lilone » Jul 20th, '08, 06:16

-please ignore this-
Last edited by the_lilone on Sep 25th, '08, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.

nek

Post by nek » Jul 20th, '08, 06:36

i want to see this jdrama. anyone seeding atm?? ?

nek

Post by nek » Jul 20th, '08, 06:39

i want to see this jdrama but the speed to dl is too slow =(. anyone know other place to maybe it from ?? DDL.

nek

Post by nek » Jul 20th, '08, 06:40

i want to see this jdrama but going too slow. is there other place where I can maybe see this drama?

nek

Post by nek » Jul 20th, '08, 06:40

i want to see this jdrama !

Tran

Post by Tran » Oct 21st, '12, 06:53

I watched this series because I saw them together in Higashino Keigo Mysteries. I saw this drama back in 2007 and didn't pay much attention. Didn't think much of the story. But it got me curious why they are pairing again in 2012? So I decided to go and search for it and finished the whole ten episodes in two days. Must thank you to the sub team and all the uploaders at Doramax264

For me, this drama is very good. I like all the cast I hate no ones. It managed to make me shed some tears at some scenes. That I don't often do when I watched dramas because I thinks it's all acting. But I did feel for the characters in here.

SO sad that not many posted here like Ai Kato. I thought her acting has improved much and she did a very good job as Satsuki. Some emotional scene I thought she even surpassed Sorimachi's. But anyway it's just me.
Also must say Sorimachi looks just as handsome as always!
Ai Kato looks best as I've seen of her dramas!
This one won't be a waste of time!

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Oct 23rd, '12, 09:04

Tran wrote:I watched this series because I saw them together in Higashino Keigo Mysteries. I saw this drama back in 2007 and didn't pay much attention. Didn't think much of the story. But it got me curious why they are pairing again in 2012? So I decided to go and search for it and finished the whole ten episodes in two days. Must thank you to the sub team and all the uploaders at Doramax264
LOL. So weird... I remember this show airing back in '07/'08 too on one of my local tv stations, but I never watched it because the lead actor didn't interest me at all.
Tran wrote:For me, this drama is very good. I like all the cast I hate no ones. It managed to make me shed some tears at some scenes. That I don't often do when I watched dramas because I thinks it's all acting. But I did feel for the characters in here.
I really liked this jdrama because I pretty much like anything that has to do with time travel or time slip and this was almost the same thing. But I also found the character arcs of the father and daughter to be really interesting... great performances by both of them.
Tran wrote:SO sad that not many posted here like Ai Kato. I thought her acting has improved much and she did a very good job as Satsuki. Some emotional scene I thought she even surpassed Sorimachi's. But anyway it's just me.
Also must say Sorimachi looks just as handsome as always!
Ai Kato looks best as I've seen of her dramas!
This one won't be a waste of time!
LOL. This one was a double whammy for me! I only very recently watched the original GTO and noticed it was the same actor. And after watching Boku to Star no 99 Nichi I discovered Ai Kato for the first time. :wub: LOL. So I decided to try and watch all her old stuff... IMO Dream Again is her best series, but her cute and clutzy character in Haken no Hinkaku was her best role. :D