[Discussion] Hachimitsu to Kuroba - Narumi Riko

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 8th, '08, 13:20

spoiler for all those who want it
Start Takemoto walking through university
Lots of stuff going on and takemoto has monologue talking about his bad springs up untill now
Then there is the big scene where he first sees Hagu
Other boys turn up on cart thing and pull toma on but pull his button off in the process which drops and hagu picks it up
Boys taking toma to eat curry which is suposed to be only for the new students
Takemoto gets accepted to get the curry (very toma smile)
but then the Indian people serving call his bluff
They sneak into some kitchen where the curry is being made
Cart comes and knocks out bike of guy (teacher) looking at sakura
Boys just about to eat curry where the owner of the pottery (yamada) they are using as a plate
Over loud speaker asking for culprit of the cart incident and the other boys force Takemoto to take the blame
Turns out they also wrote his name on the cart
There is a crash and everyone runs through to find hagu on the floor in paint - she get introduced but doesnt speak
Morita has a go at hagu for having curry and eating it all
Everyone else gets introduced to Hagu
Takemoto complaining about not being introduced then hagu come up and gives him the button
Toma still hungry searching for food in package he recieved from his mum - very funny moment where he is saying that he didnt want the rice scoop cause he has no rice, and didnt want the sauce cause he has no udon noodles to put it on
The other boys come and give Takemoto some food but it was just an eraser the made look like foor
Hagu gets inspired by moritas work and starts painting
Boys finally get some ham and go crazy over it
Morita makes lots of money off work based on they guy who gave them ham
Yamada searches really hard for a book Mayama wants
Later she goes to attack morita Takemoto ducks she does a low kick and morita jumps into Mayamas arms and kick hits Takemoto
Mayama promised to go with yamada someplace for the book but lady called from job so he rushed off in the rain
Boys talking about about Mayama and then come across a crowd staring at Hagu’s work, stand there amazed, then morita runs off and toma follows
Morita thanks hagu and hugs her
Hagu speaks for the first time to say she likes moritas work
Heartfelt scenes between toma and sensei, yamada and morita, boy and lady
On the way to meeting everyone toma runs into hagu and in the end all 5 eat pizza together
Hagu very cutely eats half a pizza as one slice as it is her first time

and whole crap this moves fast a confession from Yamada to Mayama and a kiss from Morita to Hagu seen by Toma in the next episode
Those who don't want to read the spoiler id say it was a pretty good episode and looks like the tension will really kick up next episode

Meecha

Post by Meecha » Jan 8th, '08, 13:28

i just got to some parts at the end
seems like a very romantic atmosphere
luv the flower scene between Toma and Narumi <3

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Jan 8th, '08, 13:52

The first episode was absolutely fantastic! I was very pleased with how much the screen time everyone received. The burden wasn't on one person to carry it. They all clicked so well and every single member of the cast was perfect. There are so many little things that work. I was amazed that I liked the character Yamada, too!

I hope it continues to be this good! I'm free Tuesday nights at 9 p.m.

toma_sis

Post by toma_sis » Jan 8th, '08, 14:27

Yorokobi@ Thanks for the spoiler...
really want to watch it!! look really excited !! :wub:
you are very lucky can watch this drama :lol

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 8th, '08, 14:29

you're welcome toma_sis
don't worry you'll be able to watch it soon enough too
and ill give ya spoilers every week to feed the need ^_^

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 8th, '08, 15:07

Yeap, yeap... it was good!!

Here's how I compared it with the anime... will try not to spoil anything.

Like, 70% of the script was deviated from the original plot, but the characters' backgrounds stays the same. You can say, the drama is like a work of an alternate universe fanfic of the original manga/anime^^ All the characters stays the same, but they had different scenes.
The scriptwriter is GOOD. It seems he swallowed all informations from the manga, then make another interpretation of his own for the drama's script, but still in line with the manga. 90% of Takemoto's narration in the drama is made-up, most of the lines were not taken from the anime/manga, but it stick true to Takemoto's manga character and his way of thinkings. This is just one example.
Musics were great especially the one in the opening sequence!

The directing for the FIRST SCENE of Takemoto and Hagumi's first meet was a TOP NOTCH! I can see, the staffs went all out for this scene. WIth the combination of the right music... you can just FEEL what Takemoto felt when he saw Hagu for the first time.

Moving on to the actors...

Toma NAILED THE ROLE!!!! He is the PERFECT TAKEMOTO! I can't believe it myself~ At first, when I heard his voiceover narrating his life, I can't help to compare with the anime-Takemoto's voice, ...and felt, "Oh no... this is not Takemoto,". Anime-Takemoto has this youth-feel in his voice, like a teenager's voice. But of course I know, Toma can't do anything with his voice... its just my own problem =P
However, when he started acting funny... OMG! He talks EXACTLY the same way as the anime voice actor!! The way he always put emphasize intonation on "XXXX jyanai desu kaaa~~??!" is VERY "Takemoto"! And all of his comical scenes were just hillarious! I cracked alot on his hungry scenes^^ This role is different than Nakatsu, and Toma nailed it perfectly... unbelievable!

Narumi Riko as Hagumi... its still too early to judge her, coz most of the time she didn't speak at all. But I liked what I saw^^

Mukai as Mayama.... he has the PERFECT looks as Mayama! And he's OH-SO-HANDSOME!!^v^ His acting was good, so far!! But not much of emotional scenes for him yet... so its still too early to judge him, too.

Harada Natsuki as Ayu, she was good!^^ Ayu is my fave female character, and I liked her portrayal as Ayu!

Disappointment goes to Narimiya... gomen ne, Narimiya-kun!*.* Actually, I've realized from before that Morita Shinobu is a difficult character to portray. He is basically an ANIME/COMICAL character, and can't be realized much into human.
My disappointment's reason was because Morita is my most favorite character in the anime, and I naturally expected the EXACT SAME Morita in the drama. Morita as the comic-relief of the story. Instead, Takemoto becomes the comic relief here x)
Narimiya acted Morita's serious side perfectly, though... I loved how he looked at Yamada who was heartbroken at that moment, just like in the anime. But on the comical parts, ...its just not quite there... yet.
I hope Narimiya will improve in the next episodes... actually good script-writings for Morita's character is important too...
I remember people criticized Toma as Nakatsu in the first ep of HanaKimi, coz Nakatsu was suppose to be the comic relief character...but he wasn't funny enough in ep1. However, it all changed since ep.2^^ So just like Toma, I hope Narimiya will improve his comical acting in the next episode!^v^

Kassy as Nomiya... such a short scene, but I loved what I saw, so far!! He's SO NOMIYA!^^

The first half of the episode were filled with many funny and comical moments. But the last half were all serious and emotional. It was a good balance of both.

Oh, there was this good scene, that was not in the anime...
Mayama runs off in the middle of the rain coz Rika called him. Then Morita told Takemoto that they should feel lucky they are not as stupid as Mayama, who run off to the rain like that just coz of one call.
But then, they saw the painting Hagu won, and Morita suddenly runs off to the rain too, to find Hagu, coz he feels so moved with her painting. Talk about irony^^
Overall, the first episode was good, but I won't say it was great. Maybe its still an introduction to the characters... hope everything gets better in ep.2!!^^

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 8th, '08, 15:52

MY TOP FIVE MOMENTS of TAKEMOTO in Ep.1:
5. When Mayama and Morita told Takemoto to disguise as a freshman (coz of his youth look^^) to get the free curry provided... it was sooo funny!! Coz other people who also disguised as a freshman were practically thrown away by big guys, so Takemoto, of course, got scared, but Mayama and Morita pestered him^^ LOVED Toma's expressions here!! Sooooo cuuuute!!!

4. He's alone in his room, lying with a half-dead face and widened eyes...LOL! Omg, his face is so comical! Then he said, "hara hettee(I'm hungry)...". hahaha~

3. When Ayu was about to kick them, Mayama and Morita managed to avoid her kick, thus it landed on Takemoto's head! LOL! And its always like that... haha, everytime Ayu is going to kick Morita/Mayama, Takemoto always got kicked instead, lol! Ayu was angry to Morita and said, "You better stop this act!!". Takemoto who was already lying on the floor, in pain, said in a funny, funny way, "Kocchi no serifu desu yo (that's my line)...". LOL! LOL! omg, I laughed so hard in this scene.

2. Takemoto-Hagumi's first meet... it was so memorable, with the sakura scenery, the right music, the good directing, and Toma's falling in love expression. Perfect!!!

1. Toma's FUNNIEST MOMENT in Ep.1!!! I LOVED IT ALOT, ALOT!!!! It was in his room, after he made the half-dead face and mumbling, "I'm hungry..." (he's a poor student who probably run out of money to buy foods right now xD)
Then the doorbell rings, its a BIG package from his mother at hometown! With full of hopes, he opens the package and there's a pile of stuff inside. With a hope that there's foods if he keeps on digging, he keeps on digging....the music was so funny too, as Takemoto started to lose hope, the music started to get slower, LOL! In the end, there's no foods in the package, and the background music turned to Kita no Kuni Kara's BGM!*rotfl* KitaKuni is a popular Japanese drama that runs for so many years and its a touching story about a family, who live a poor and simple life. Haha~ Takemoto suddenly talks in a dialect which is the KitaKuni's family dialect! LOL! Hillarious!!! Toma's acting was top notch in this one!!^v^

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Jan 8th, '08, 17:28

thanks for the spoilers yorokobi :thumleft:

thanks for your summary and your impressions of the first episode yanie :D

It all sounds very good already. I can't wait to see Toma's comical scenes, and when he meets Hagu :w00t:

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Jan 8th, '08, 18:34

*Sarcasm*Man i hate you guys... damn i hope we wil get the raw torrent soon(even thoug i can not undersatnd japanese).

crabbyrat

Post by crabbyrat » Jan 8th, '08, 19:16

I am so glad--the first episode sounds amazing! I really look forward to seeing it!

Maybe the Morita character just is more slowly developing than the others. Because for me he was the kind of character who just crept on me.

Toma is so fantastic and I had no doubt that he'd be fantastic as Takemoto as well. I had this same mindset with Nakatsu, even though he was my ultimate favorite character. If it's what you guys have said, then Toma has truly been able what he set out to do--explore a different kind of character from Nakatsu.

I really like Mayama too so I look forward to seeing how he pulls it off. Yamada too <3

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 8th, '08, 21:50

I dunno if I'm certified to comment, since I have not read the manga, neither seen the animation ,& not finishd the movie ^^; well ,who cares lol

My first impression, I had the feeling same as I watched 'Orange Days' first time akak romance & humour mixing with little melodrama, yea that's the formule for this style of drama..
The characters are introduced naturally, not forced & alwayz with humour. But I've come to like Nari's character, bit more than Toma's, I don't know why, is it becuz he reminds me of Nakatsu ? lol
I like the scene they see Hagumi on the ground, when he stumbles over & got his face all painted, just like Hagumi, I found it so cute~~
&also when he hugged her, ah la la, 'poor Toma' I thought, "this guy, his one sided love life will continue for how long ?" ^^;
The 2nd character that hit me is Yamada, I dunno know how she's in the manga/anime, but she appears to be a strong girl outside yet has a soft side in her to me & I like it.. I feel sad for her broken heart, the actress who plays this character is really amazing, esp her crying ..
I like the scene when she cries as recall the guy with specs (sorry don't remmber his name) & Morita appears.. & when they talk.. & how he teases her ^^ I find them very compatible , like all their scenes, when he puts his hand on her head, cute lol again I have not read the manga so no idea about relation, just personal view akak)
Toma's character here is interesting too, I find it little similiar sometimes to Nakatsu
when he waits for the package from his mom & how he opens it ^^; And when he talks to himself..

But nonetheless, that stops there, Toma's character here is more shy & little weak.. he doesn't really stand out in the band, well not when he sees Hagumi anyway.. I expect to see more sides of this character.. Again ,I have no complaint about his acting :thumright:

uhm about Hagumi, I don't know why but I can't give my judgment on her character yet.. she's just.. strange. I think that's her personality, distant, quiet.. hopefully she got more lines later, I want to hear her voices, I find that her eyes say alot more :) but sometimes she just has the same expressions wheter she looks at Takemoto, or Morita or the others ,or even her smiles alwayz look the same, uhmm.. I do like the scene when she's into her painting though, yea ..again I'm expecting for more development in this character..

Something I have to say I'm disappointed, the soundtrack, too plain & little repetitive ,sometimes I got annoyed cuz it just killed the scene ..

Overall, it was a good start.. recalls me so many memories akaka
Last edited by Nomanymore on Jan 8th, '08, 22:43, edited 2 times in total.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 8th, '08, 22:23

Ahh~ I'm really happy to read your comment, Nomanymore!!!^0^ Since my opinion is already tainted, as I'm a big fan of the anime, I cannot really judge the drama objectively as a pure drama anymore, so I really want to know opinions from those who hasn't watch the anime or read the manga!!

I'm glad to know you like Morita more in the drama... that means Narimiya didn't do bad. And so I guess, it was just my own problem, heheh x) Yeah Morita got some cute scenes that I loved actually... It's just that the fact I laughed alot more on Takemoto's moments, rather than Morita's scenes... disappointed me. Coz it was the other way around when I watched the anime :P Morita really outshined Takemoto in the anime.
So, maybe it's not Narimiya's fault... but it's Toma's excellence~ He managed to outshine Nari's Morita in the drama :D

Yep, yep... Yamada Ayumi is the same type of girl in the anime/manga. Strong outside, fragile inside. She acts like a big sister to Hagu, but acts like a spoiled younger sister around Morita and/or Mayama^^ That's why, I really loved Harada Natsuki's portrayal^^
Morita and Yamada's unique relationship(friendship/siblings-like?) is one of the BEST and prominent element of the original story, and I'm so happy the drama staffs didn't forget this, although its suppose to be seem like a little thing, compared to the unrequited love stories^^

And, yes... that's how Hagumi is, in the anime too... STRANGE. That's why I'm not really into this character. Heck, even Narumi Riko herself is not a fan of Hagu...haha, she actually wanted to play Yamada Ayumi's role, instead^^
Also, yeah... Hagu in the anime too, most of the time, always give the same face and smile, either to Takemoto, or Morita, or other people. So it make its difficult to predict what she's thinking. She's that kind of character in the beginning... Until the 4 people starts to change her slowly, and she become more expressive and open later on. So, I guess Narumi Riko did well, ne^^

You don't comment on Mayama(the guy in specs)?? Not interested? :P
I'll add my comments on Mayama... compared to Kase Ryo in the movie, Mukai Osamu did a better job as Mayama. I dunno, perhaps his OWN personality is already similar to Mayama, so he don't have much trouble the play the role. I think he's quite perfect as Mayama, coz maybe I don't demand much for this character's portrayal.
Mayama in the manga/anime, is a mature and serious guy... however when he's together with Morita and Takemoto, he'll become a fun guy, sometimes funny and childish too... and Mukai portrayed just that in the drama... I hope I get to see Morita and Mayama's morning bickerings here in the drama :P And looking forward to his funny rivalry moments with Nomiya ^v^
(btw, Nomiya has comical moments in the anime... I wonder if Kashiwabara Takashi gets those comical moments here? x))

Oh, one more thing, I love the chemistry between the 3 guys: Toma, Narimiya and Mukai. It really feels like they're bestfriends. Kinda worried about it, since the 3 guys in the movie are like, total strangers to each other x)
Toma-Narimiya-Mukai seems to get along very well on the set too, in the making, I love how Narimiya yelled out "HachiKuro~!!", then all 3 turn around facing the camera, making this cute pose and they yelled, "Daisukiii!!" in unison^^
Last edited by yanie on Jan 8th, '08, 22:47, edited 2 times in total.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jan 8th, '08, 22:42

as a fan of anime, im very disappointed with the first episode..it just bored me. maybe im missing the background songs of Spitz and Suga Shikao and the comedy relief of Morita. They should have chosen Eita as Morita. i dont know..the first episode of the drama did not appeal to me as much as the anime, i cant relate to the drama characters. i expected too much, i prefer a straight adaptation like that of Nana, now i understand why the Hana Kimi manga lovers did not like the drama.

btw..Mayama in the movie was played by Kase Ryo. :-)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 8th, '08, 22:52

marienella_m wrote:btw..Mayama in the movie was played by Kase Ryo. :-)
Ah, gomen~ thank you, ive edited it^^

Yeah, I guess sometimes its hard when you're already such a big fan of the original piece. That's why I tried to be as open-minded as I can, for story changes.

The pace for the first ep was kinda slow, indeed. But I remember the first eps of the anime's pace, was pretty much like that too... so maybe the anime got more hillarious scenes, ne...hence it was not boring.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jan 8th, '08, 23:02

yeah..maybe i loved the anime too much. :D but ill still continue watching and hopefully ill like the next episodes. i did not like the first episode of Hana Kimi but it improved in the later episodes. :lol even if the episode is boring, Toma proved himself as a good actor..i agree that he was perfect as Takemoto!

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Jan 9th, '08, 00:29

thanks for your impressions of the character yanie.somehow i don't want to be spoilt so i don't read the spoiler.i'm glad toma acting is good in here as well.ti'm glad you guys said he's the perfect takemoto. :D

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Jan 9th, '08, 00:56

marienella_m wrote:i dont know..the first episode of the drama did not appeal to me as much as the anime, i cant relate to the drama characters. i expected too much, i prefer a straight adaptation like that of Nana, now i understand why the Hana Kimi manga lovers did not like the drama.
Hmm...I am a huge Hana Kimi manga fan, but I really loved the drama as well. Granted, there were lots of changes made in the drama, but I thought they did a wonderful job keeping the tone of the drama and the characters' personalities intact. Straight adaptations I think are satisfying too and us fans do like them, but I think sometimes a plot change makes things more interesting and different, as long as they keep the overall tone and feel of the manga the same. :-)

That said, I won't have many expectations for this drama, just because I've only seen like 2 episodes of the anime and the first volume of the manga so I guess I won't be able to say how good the drama is in comparison to the manga/anime. I'll be able to watch this drama without any bias haha, unlike the other ones I have watched.

I still can't wait to watch it!

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jan 9th, '08, 01:19

ok..i just based that from what i read on the Hana Kimi discussion thread here and in other forums..:-)
im a huge fan of the anime, i watched the 2 seasons more than twice and i liked the movie as well because of the outstanding performance of Aoi Yu as Hagu. im just disappointed because the first episode gave me an impression that its just another drama on friendship/relationship. the anime was special to me because of the music, comedy and the narrations that i can relate to. i did not find those elements in the first episode.
well..its just the first episode, ive read mixed reviews so far, hope it will be better in the next episodes.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 9th, '08, 01:43

The 1st episode rating is quite low.. 12.9%

Look like the viewer is 'fed up' with manga adaptation overdose already... argh

*sigh*
I missed those old classic dramas...

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 9th, '08, 01:52

i read spolier after i watch it.. because it helps me under stand.. so ijust look thru to see if there was links..

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jan 9th, '08, 01:52

i think the Japanese are fed up with friendship/relationship dramas, other dramas with the same genre got low ratings as well(Ushi ni Negai wo, Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Tokkyu Tanaka San Go). only Pi's Prodai was a recent hit. HYD2 is an exception maybe because it's a much awaited sequel and its based on a hugely popular manga.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 9th, '08, 02:14

well even Hana-kimi got a good rating maybe not the hi 20% but it go high enough!!!
and it was love/freindship too... ti proboly... is there anythign eles that came on at the same tiem on another Channel? somethign more popular?

Julia Yu

Post by Julia Yu » Jan 9th, '08, 05:08

When we can download it ? T__T . I missed ~ I can't watch it >.<

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jan 9th, '08, 05:13

Julia Yu wrote:When we can download it ? T__T . I missed ~ I can't watch it >.<
The 1280x720 version was upped to the tracker a little while ago..
:)

diata_laurel

Post by diata_laurel » Jan 9th, '08, 05:40

I have questions for those who have seen the first episode already. So far, is it better than the movie adaptation? And was it really, really slow-paced to the point that it becomes boring? Aaack, now, I'm worried about seeing it, although, I love the cast and I loved the anime. Another question: 2 memorable scenes *won't name it for those who don't like spoilers* from the anime will be included in the 2nd episode, isn't it a bit too fast for a "slow-paced" adaptation to have those scenes already? I really hope this turns out to be good.

And, I hope the ratings will pick up too. Such low ratings for a drama adaptation of one great anime. Even Yukan Club did much better on its first day. I hope the cast and staff won't get disheartened because of this.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 9th, '08, 11:43

I think they have a crazy enough cast that nothing will bring them down ^_^

I also have a question
i know its a little early to say but those who ead the hana kimi manga before seeing the hana kimi drama as well as having read the hachi kuro manga before watching this episode are the difference between the manga and the drama as big for hachi kuro as they were for hana kimi?

magincia

Post by magincia » Jan 9th, '08, 12:10

Yorokobi wrote:I think they have a crazy enough cast that nothing will bring them down ^_^

I also have a question
i know its a little early to say but those who ead the hana kimi manga before seeing the hana kimi drama as well as having read the hachi kuro manga before watching this episode are the difference between the manga and the drama as big for hachi kuro as they were for hana kimi?
I still haven't seen the first episode, but I think the reason why the Hana Kimi drama was so different from the manga is because of the TW version. I mean, what's the point of doing another drama from the same manga with the exact same story? Just because it's in japanese and has different actors? Don't think so. At least ikemen paradise stayed with the main plot but with variations that had more room for funnier scenes.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jan 9th, '08, 12:12

I see that here lies another problem that Hana Kimi faced too.

I think that people are comparing the different adaptations and the manga to the drama way too much. People have to understand that the drama, although an adaptation, needs to be able to set itself apart from the manga and the other adaptations. So, whatever freedoms they take with the drama, believe that they are doing so because they see it fit for the drama version. Had they followed the manga strictly to an extent, then there wouldn't be a thrill to those acquainted with the story, not to mention it will make for an extremely rushed drama, considering it only has 10+ or so episodes to work with. So, it is best to keep an open mind watching this drama, and keep whatever prejudices aside.

That said, I personally haven't watched the movie and anime, nor read the manga. And I am extremely grateful that I haven't, because it frees me from any prejudice whatsoever. So, from someone who is taking this drama's plot for the first time, I say that the first episode is quite well done. I'm actually surprised that I liked it as much as I did, given what I've heard about it so far. The premise for the second episode is engaging too; I'll certainly be looking forward to it.

I just hope that people will see it for what it's worth and give it due appreciation, rather than waste time on endlessly ranting on how it was different to the manga, anime or the movie. Because, that's just it: they're different. :D
Last edited by lunargen on Jan 9th, '08, 14:14, edited 2 times in total.

ManweVaire

Post by ManweVaire » Jan 9th, '08, 12:46

lunargen wrote:I see that here lies another problem that Hana Kimi faced too.

I think that people are comparing the different adaptations and the manga to the drama way too much. People have to understand that the drama, although an adaptation, needs to be able to set itself apart from the manga and the other adaptations. So, whatever freedoms they take with the drama, believe that they are doing so because the see it fit for the drama version. Had they followed the manga strictly to an extent, then there wouldn't be a thrill to those acquainted with the story, not to mention it will make for an extremely rushed drama, considering it only has 10+ or so episodes to work with. So, it is best to keep an open mind watching this drama, and keep whatever prejudices aside.

That said, I personally haven't watched the movie and anime, nor read the manga. And I am extremely grateful that I haven't, because it frees me from any prejudice whatsoever. So, from someone who is taking this drama's plot for the first time, the first episode is quite well done. I'm actually surprised that I liked it as much as I did, given what I've heard about it so far. The premise for the second episode is engaging too; I'll certainly be looking forward to it.

I just hope that people will see it for what it's worth and give it due appreciation, rather than waste time on endlessly ranting on how it was different to the manga, anime or the movie. Because, that's just it: they're different. :D
agree.. :thumleft:

I'm really seeing the drama as the alternate world of Hachi Kuro.. :) what's important is that the essence of the story is there.. :)

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 9th, '08, 12:48

i know thats why i chose not to read the manga or watch the anime of hachi kuro first

for hana kimi at first I was very against what they were doing with a lot of it but as it went on I began to see that while it had the same storyline they were just making it there own and i grew to really like it
Of course there are still some characters im iffy about but that cant be helped

i was just wondering if the difference was as big in this one thats all so I can see what the directors are doing with it

ManweVaire

Post by ManweVaire » Jan 9th, '08, 13:03

the director of this is the same director of Nodame Cantabile, and Nodame Cantabile was a pretty satisfying drama for me that was based from a manga and which was also turned into an anime.. :D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 9th, '08, 14:27

12.9%??? I expected at least, 15% :blink
I feel so bad, that I cannot help the rating although I'm here in Japan...hiks... Coz I have part-time job, so I only set my videotape recorder :cry:

But reading all the messages from the Japanese audience in the official website's BBS, it seems NONE of them criticized, and they all said the drama was good and satisfying... all were POSITIVE comments, so far... So I wonder what happened...

Anyway, the HachiKuro staff diary blog: http://wwwx.fujitv.co.jp/zoo/blog/index ... d=209&tid=

It's been updated with an interesting entry on Toma!!!^o^

9.Jan.2007
translated by Yanie

Mina-san, konnichiwa! This is Miss K.

As you all know, Takemoto, the character Ikuta Toma-san is acting in the drama, was acted by Sakurai Sho-san, Toma-san's friend in the same agency, in the movie adaptation.

We asked Toma-san what he thought about this.

"I watched the movie. But I don't think much about it, when I act the role. I feel that manga, movie and anime are all different things. I'm not saying that I can be my own original Takemoto, though. I'm just thinking that as long as we act the character according to the original piece, we can just get into the character naturally, right?"

Then, he added...

"After I went to an Arashi concert, I called (Sakurai Sho). He didn't pick up, so I left a message. But he didn't give any call back until now... Sabishii desu(I feel sad)...(laughs)"

Sakurai-san, if it's not too much trouble, please give him a call^^

Haha.... is Sho has been too busy anchoring news??? I hope he call Toma back anytime soon!! LOL!

baka-ranger
Location: Either in Jap Disneyland or at the JE building stalking or recruiting boybands to join my JE Yakuza

Post by baka-ranger » Jan 9th, '08, 14:37

^ hehe Sho sounds mean, ahh please don't bully Toma XD, he's prob just very busy
I hope Hachikuro will be good, I heard the manga and anime were awesome but I never tried them out, hopefully the drama does it justice, or may be even better? who knows?

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jan 9th, '08, 15:57

diata_laurel

Post by diata_laurel » Jan 9th, '08, 16:56

I saw it already and with the help of reviews (around 3 detailed reviews), I understood most of it. I must say I'm quite impressed! The first episode was really good, in my opinion. I didn't find it boring or slow-paced (it's faster than the anime); in fact, I found myself glued to the screen all-throughout. The changes were not bad at all (except, I wanted them to retain Mayama's "moonriver" ringtone). The entire episode was very well directed (the opening scene was WOW; the ending credits, believe it or not, brought tears to my eyes and a smile on my face). The cast did really well! Mayama, Yamada, Takemoto, Lohmeyer-senpai (although I wish he's taller and more of a muscle-dude), Rika (although she's not that frail), Nomiya were acted perfectly so far. I also thought Riko and Nari did good as Hagu and Morita (Nari's Morita may be a little different from the anime, but I still felt that he did good). Wow. The thing that boggles my mind at the moment is why the heck the rating is so low. T.T

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 9th, '08, 22:47

One of the staff posted on the blog, that they're done with Episode 2 filming, and getting ready for Episode 3, which is the hardest part of the filming... reason is...

Ep.1 = Spring
Ep.2 = Spring
Ep. 3 = Summer O_o

So, Ep.3 sets on summer... wow, filming summer scenes on winter??! Can't imagine how COLD it'd be for them!!! HachiKurooo, ganbatteeee~~

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Jan 9th, '08, 23:59

Ha, that's why Toma bought leg warmers for this drama :lol

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 10th, '08, 02:16

Finally scene it!!! yah :cheers:
I twas funny the one thing i notice is that people didn't mention the Poop scence... Morita made a Poop thing with clay and gave it to Yamada to cheer he up.. haha and she throw it out side.... and it ended up on sensei's bick.. hahah.... that was funny... then they do play on word alot... hahah from Hamu to sushi.. hahah... such randomness... i half understood it but i got what was goign on... this series is goign to end sad.. i feel it...

joan711

Post by joan711 » Jan 10th, '08, 02:44

NanaTorigawa do you know any site who uploaded the video? I really really really want to see it!!!!

Thanks!!!

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 10th, '08, 03:37

um... yes... actrally.. Veoh has it up... but... you have to find it a secret way... hahah...

I'll sent link of first clip... and all you have to do is look at the person that uploaded it...
I only watch sreamed videos because fo lack of space on my computer...

but if you have to Veoh player then you can downloaded if need...

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v2569847Dcef ... 852&rank=2
there is part 1 and the rest you can find...

joan711

Post by joan711 » Jan 10th, '08, 04:32

NanaTorigawa wrote:um... yes... actrally.. Veoh has it up... but... you have to find it a secret way... hahah...

I'll sent link of first clip... and all you have to do is look at the person that uploaded it...
I only watch sreamed videos because fo lack of space on my computer...

but if you have to Veoh player then you can downloaded if need...

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v2569847Dcef ... 852&rank=2
there is part 1 and the rest you can find...
thanks thanks thanks so much!!!!!! :D

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 10th, '08, 04:42

welcome... hope you have fun today.. it fun to watch it!!

joan711

Post by joan711 » Jan 10th, '08, 05:08

NanaTorigawa wrote:welcome... hope you have fun today.. it fun to watch it!!
i know!!! i'm watching it right now, but veoh loads slow so i've watched only part of it.... meanwhile i'll download the raw! hehehe... KAMESAMA released a soft sub for it already :D

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Jan 10th, '08, 05:22

why sho didn't give toma a call? :lol i must wait until the hardsubs out only i can dl. :cry:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 10th, '08, 11:00

I just watched it for the second time. And I LOVED IT EVEN MORE!!! I don't think the pace is slow anymore now. And, I come to like Narimiya's portrayal as Morita, somehow it slowly works^^ After watching the second time, I must say, it's EXCELLENT, as a self stand-up drama I give it a 9. As an adaptation, I give it a 8.
I love Takemoto's narrations in the anime, and I love it too, in the drama, even though both have totally different lines.
In the anime, Takemoto's narrations starts with, "I wonder how far can I go if I keep paddling my bicycle without looking back,". It shows his hesitations in life. But he only keep wondering and never goes to try to paddle his bicycle. He stays on one spot, not moving backward, not moving forward.
In the drama, Takemoto's narrations starts about how spring is always the end of everything for him. And he thinks he'll start his third spring in Tokyo just like the years before. In the end, he narrates again, that he doesn't understand the reason why people can't live without trying to reach their goals. Why do they have to try so hard to reach goals and dreams? He cannot understand, it shows that he is not that type of person. Then, he realized all these times, spring has always been the end of everything for him, is not because its naturally happened, but its because he choose to think so. As people thinks positively that spring is the beginning of everything, Takemoto doesn't have the courage to start something anew, so he choose to think that spring is the end of everything. He choose to stay just the way he is now, and he doesn't like changes. He stays on one spot, not moving backward, not moving forward.

I love another narration by Takemoto, his BIG difference with Hagu, and how he realized he's in such a different world with her. In the anime, he always thinks like this too, although it was different line. After Takemoto saw Hagu's sakura painting, he realized it was the same scenery on the moment he met her for the first time. During that time, he just simply gaze on the scenery. But Hagu didn't... she tried to capture and record that scenery in her head, with all her might, she tried to stop that moment. And so she could paint that beautiful painting.
One can tell, from these narrations, that ever since he meet Hagu, his way of thinking starts to change... and he'll definitely change and mature even more in the future.

The first funny scene of Takemoto-Morita-Mayama on the curry stuff was not in the anime, but it has the anime's element somehow. In the anime, Takemoto always mistaken as a freshman in the university, even when he has become a 4th year student^^ In this drama, they applied this point, with this curry scene, where Morita and Mayama told Takemoto to get the curry, coz surely the people who provides the curry will believe he is a freshman^^ (the curry can only be provided to freshmen)

The scene where Ayumi kicks, there's this sound effects that reminds me of Narimiya's past drama, Stand Up^^ There's always that kind of sound effects before Narimiya's character, Udayan got kicked by a girl, lol!

Hanamoto Shuuji in the drama, is NOTHING like the Shuuji in the anime, whether BY LOOKS nor BY ACTING... He's not even a good actor. I wonder why the anime fanatics didn't mention anything about him, instead keep bashing Narimiya xD But I never liked Shuuji's character in the anime anyway, so I don't care much abt the actor in the drama =P But I know there are lots of Shuuji's fans in the anime fandom.

As for Narimiya, sometimes I see his movements are very Morita-alike, the Morita in the anime. Like when Hagu was introduced to them, behind her, Morita tilt his body to the left and right over and over. The way he make weird poses for no reasons, when he's talking. His gloomy eyes whenever he looks at Yamada's heartbroken moments. The way Narimiya says, "Kechi(stingy)!!" to Yamada, reminds me of the anime-Morita too.
There's one thing that bothers me though. Narimiya's Morita frequently brags about his own talent(same like Morita in the movie, who was played by Iseya Yusuke). Morita should never brag abt his own talent directly like that... its out-of-character. He does sometimes brag his own talent, but he does it by showing the awards he got or with a joking, comical face...NOT in an arrogant face like Nari did x)
Oh, by the by, I don't understand why people highly praises Iseya Yusuke's Morita, he was just fine, but didn't portray the character much better than Narimiya either. When I first watch the movie, it looks like he was a total jerk, to me.

Just realized another plus point in Narumi Riko's looks... not only her face looks pure and innocent, but she has the face of someone who was born in the countryside. Pretty, but the plain-simple kind of pretty^^ Fits for Hagu who was born in Nagano, the countryside part, where there's no convinience store, supermarket or pizza^^

Yamada looks for the rare book Mayama's looking for, all around the town, shows her devoted love to Mayama. It was not in the anime, but I can feel the same spirit. It just shows how much she loves Mayama.

I don't like the scene with Lohmeyer-senpai...@_@ The 3 guys are cute here though, acting like kids. But Lohmeyer-senpai is soooo not like that! And their dialogues on the 2-characters thingy? Doesn't make sense and it wasn't funny at all, for me >_<

I'm happy Mayama's ringtone is MOON RIVER tune, just like in the anime! At first, I didn't realize it was "Moon River" ringtone... but after I listen to it carefully, it is "Moon River"! Yay! I hope the funny moments regarding this ringtone, and involving MORITA, will be in the drama too... heehee...

I really love Morita-Yamada's scene! It feels exactly like in the anime. Yamada is doing the pottery, while crying, and comes Morita^^ In the end, it was soooo sweet that apparently Morita made the pizza to cheer up Yamada! I just remembered Mayama promised to treat her Italian foods, but coz he has that urgent thing with Rika, he had to cancel it and broke Yamada's heart. And Morita did it in the most subtle way^^

Seto Asaka as Rika... well, she's not beautiful enough. And Rika is known as The Ice Queen, Seto Asaka doesn't look icy...but she got the gloomy expressions right. Oh, just for the record, in the anime, Rika is a character which is a similar comparison with Hagu. They both have amazing talents in art, yet both doesn't talk much^^ In Rika's case... she's amazing in architecture design.

Can't wait for more appearances of Kashiwabara Takashi as Nomiya! And one of my fave parts, Mayama-Nomiya rivalry!^^
Ah yeah, about Mayama, I come to love him so much as well!!!^o^ he's really handsome and just kakkoiiii~~~!!!! I can totally understand why Ayumi is head over heels for him^^

I have worries coz in the last scene, Takemoto narrates something like, "Time may passes by, but I'll never forget this moment, five of us gather...". In the anime, Takemoto narrates this, on a certain important scene of five of them together, but they're doing another thing(NOT eating pizza), which is more meaningful, and like a symbol of the WHOLE STORY. I'm worried, if Takemoto already say this here... I have worries that important snd symbolic scene might not come out in the drama O_o I hope not... it is such a memorable scene, and related to the title. I'll definitely protest to FujiTV, if they erase this scene from the drama xD

In the preview for the 2nd ep, Yamada-Mayama scenes gets more faithful to the original story, so I'm excited!! And I heard Lohmeyer-senpai mentioned "ferris wheel"! yay! I've been wondering when that "ferris wheel" will come out, it is such a symbolic thing either in the anime, and it appears over and over.
However... the beach scene is an adaptation of the movie??@_@ There's no beach scene at all in the anime, although they once mentioned about wanting to go to the beach... x)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 10th, '08, 14:28

INTERVIEW 3: Narimiya Hiroki-san (acting the role as Morita Shinobu)

translated by Yanie

Q. It's been 1 month since the filming started, how's the atmosphere at the filming location?
It has been a long time since I act a student like this... Lately, I've always played mature roles, so it brings back memories. The dialogues are also something like "~dayo ne!", slowly I've naturally adapted to the role. I don't feel weird at all with this "student" role, so it's easy for me to do it. On the contrary, playing a mature role might be more difficult. Also, this role I'm playing is very lively, so I always have to keep my tension high. It's fun (laughs).

Q. What do you think of the character Morita?
Although people thinks of him as someone who always play and joking around, but he is actually a sensitive and emotional person. And that side of him will come out, when he sees other people feels happy or feels sad. Morita's kindness shows up in certain moments, and I think that is one of his charm. As a guy, I hope I can be like him, too. Although he tend to joke around, but when he's determined on something, he'll do it. That's good, ne.

Q. Is there something you're being careful to, playing the role Morita? This character is suppose to be someone who's not understood by other people, so it must be difficult?
Sou nan desu yo ne(I guess so). If you ask me, how should I act him... Well, for reciting his lines, basically I'll have to be ready with at least, 3 ways of reciting his lines on the filming set. Sometimes anything is okay in Morita's case. So its better to decide how to do it earlier, as to avoid it becoming flat.

Q. So, it's like a direct challenge and bet on the filming set?
Sou desu ne. Not to mention, the script is pretty thick. So speed is necessary. We discuss things quite fast too. Morita is a character that always moves around, it burns quite alot of calories (laughs). The director told me, that I should do the acting while moving around alot, so I guess that's my troubles in the filming location. Also the director wants to me to express things in a different way than the natural ones... However, somehow, I unintentionally act it in a natural way, so I guess I really have to work on that alot more.

Q. Since the set is an art university, there must be many scenes where you create things, ne?
Yes, there are scenes where Morita create a huge statue using chainsaw, and by climbing up a portable ladder. Morita is a talented genius character that's different than common people. I think one of the important point is how to interpret that.

Q. During breaks, the five of you likes to draw pictures together, right? Ikuta Toma-san said, "Narimiya-kun is good(in drawing)!".
Well... I guess, among those five...it is me (laughs), in terms of drawing something real, ne. However, I'm not good in drawing something characteristic(cartoon-ish). That one goes to Riko-chan (laughs). She actually draw interesting things.

Q. From now on, it seems you'll have many scenes of creating things, ne.
This is an art university, so there must be scenes where we create things. Sometimes we have to do those scenes while reciting our dialogues too. Actually, some days before, I went to the sculpture departement of Tamami for observation, and an expert there taught me and let me use the chainsaw to cut off a tree.

Q. How was it?
The sculpture room was quite cold, and there were work of pieces everywhere. Felt like only me myself and the pieces. Plain, ne. Felt like I only gaze at the piece. When I used the chainsaw, I thought I'd felt like that Jane Saw of Friday The 13th show, but apparently it didn't feel like that (laughs). I cut it off according to the tree's grains and I did it quite right, so it felt like I had a conversation with the tree. I just learned these kinda things are important.

Q. Riko-chan is 15 years old, so she's the youngest among the group...
Actually we don't feel the age gaps that much. Hagumi is a first year student, and she's a cute character. Her youth look fits for the role, too.

Q. Among the five, what's Narimiya-san's role?
[note: he mentions the characters' names, but he actually means the real characteristics of the actors and actresses!)
Somehow, all five of us have something in common with the roles we're playing. And we always have fun (laughs). "Hagumi"(Narumi Riko)... she often laughs at other people's failure (laughs). "Ayumi"(Harada Natsuki) is the absent-minded(*easily forgets things) girl (laughs). Ayumi always offer things to make the set such a fun place. Then, "Takemoto"(Ikuta Toma) always give out quizzes, but me and "Hagumi" hates quizzes. Actually, not a quiz, its more of riddles. And I don't like having to think to answer it. So both of us (he and Riko-chan), always says, "Hurry tell us the answer!!" (laughs). "Mayama"(Mukai Osamu) is the type of person who has very good balance.

Q. The five of you gets along very well from the start, right?
Sou desu ne. Actually it was big, to do a rehearsal before the real filming starts. From the first day, we eat lunch together. During filming, there are many scenes of the five of us, anyway. So, before we realized it, it's already the five of us gathering on one spot. Also, since the filming set is very cold, we tend to draw each other closer, and that makes us gets along better too (laughs). It is true, that when you have the same goal with other people, you'll get along with them. But it's not just that here, we actually like each other's real personalities alot. So, I hope we can treasure this kind of atmosphere from now on.

source: HachiKuro Official Website

~*~
Its great to know they really get along very well on the set, ne~ And Narimiya admitted he sometimes failed to act Morita the way the director told him... I guess Morita is a difficult role to act, afterall x)

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jan 11th, '08, 00:48

i wanst planning on actually watching this drama.. but i was satisfied!
specally with hiroki, he's a great actor
i liked how toma got kicked by yamada-san :lol
really cute... though hagu? kinda bores me.. :/
but the preview is shocking!! kiss~ kya~ <333

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 11th, '08, 00:50

this is happy to me!!!hahah... But i really want to know if toma and Hiroki get along.. i want them to show behind the sence between Toma and Hiroki!!

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Jan 11th, '08, 01:01

lol, Toma and his quizzes/riddles! :lol

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jan 11th, '08, 01:10

i still dont get the character part :scratch:
PI-zza, ri-ce.. ??

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Jan 11th, '08, 03:36

thanks yanie for another great review and translation of Nari's interview :D

I can imagine that Morita's role is one of the more difficult ones to play and portray properly. But I actually like Nari as an actor, makes me sad that a lot of people are bashing his acting :cry: I guess I still have to wait and watch the first ep to see how his acting measured up.

But it's so nice to know that the cast are close and seem to get along so well. Even from the behind the scenes they're so playful around each other. Toma is so cute with the riddles lol. Awwww.

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Jan 11th, '08, 04:02

thanks for the nari interview translations.although i can't read some of the words because of my old monitor problem but i still enjoy it.he is quite serious in the interview compare to toma one.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 11th, '08, 07:04

Screencaps of BEHIND THE SCENE:

ImageImage

Narimiya and Toma, playing around with Riko-chan^^

ImageImage

This is so cute!! Remembering Mukai Osamu and Riko-chan's age gap... 10 years old, haha... Mukai is 25 yr old, they look like siblings^^
To think of it, there were never much interactions between Mayama and Hagu in the anime, from the five there are always pairing moments with each other, except Mayama-Hagu... I hope they have a Mayama-Hagu scene in the drama^^

ImageImage

ImageImage

LOL, Narimiya-Toma feeding each other :P

ImageImage

The popular pose and words among the casts and staffs ==> "Hachikuro... DAISUKIII!!!"

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 11th, '08, 07:13

Hiroki and Toma feed each other... saw it and then you reminded me.. ahhhhhh.... what should we call Toma/Hiroki moments? I lvoe them together!!! and they both ahve kissed Shun...

touchthesun

Post by touchthesun » Jan 11th, '08, 08:45

diata_laurel wrote:I have questions for those who have seen the first episode already. So far, is it better than the movie adaptation? And was it really, really slow-paced to the point that it becomes boring? Aaack, now, I'm worried about seeing it, although, I love the cast and I loved the anime. Another question: 2 memorable scenes *won't name it for those who don't like spoilers* from the anime will be included in the 2nd episode, isn't it a bit too fast for a "slow-paced" adaptation to have those scenes already? I really hope this turns out to be good.

And, I hope the ratings will pick up too. Such low ratings for a drama adaptation of one great anime. Even Yukan Club did much better on its first day. I hope the cast and staff won't get disheartened because of this.
Really, I think the best thing to do is to take the drama as a separate entitiy from the manga/anime. As someone who's seen/read all three versions several times over, I think the drama adaptation is promising. They did a decent job, but I am hoping for more improvement.

As far as pace goes, I actually thought they packed a bit too much (too fast) in the first episode. Progress that would have taken 4-5 episodes in the anime was packed in one, but I can see why they would do that for the drama. As you can see, people tend be obsessed with constant action and progress and fail to take time to let feelings s of each character sink in--something the anime successfully dealt with. I wish Takemoto had more narration. They did try to incorporate slower paced introspective moments though, so I'll give them that.

As for low ratings, I'm not too surprised. Honey and Clover always felt more like an independent film to me than anything mainstream, which is why I was so surprised when it was turned into a movie. I am not even sure how well advertized the series has been, or whether a drama adaptation would really appeal to people considering the disappointment in the movie. As a huge fan of the manga/anime myself, I wasn't too excited with the drama either, but I still decided to watch.

Toma, in my personal opinion is an excellent choice to play Takemoto. He looks the part, has a good narrative voice and he's very natural in his acting--plus he's just very likable. I prefer Aoi Yuu as Hagu. She was excellent, although Riko is not too bad. Hiroki is getting a lot of flack for his portrayal of Morita, but Morita alone is quite a complex character that I believe very few actors could successfully play anyway. I think he's still feeling his way around the character, so I'll give him some slack. As for the rest of the characters, the actress playing Yamada is enjoyable although quite different and Mayama is much more likable and less creepy so far. The actress playing Rika has the right expressions and tone, although she is quite healthy and not frail enough to portray Rika. Hanamoto sensei, although looks quite different from the manga/anime gives a satisfying realistic portrayal of the role in the series.

In all i think the drama's story will be quite different from the original, but will try to incorporate elements of the original story within the series. I think it is worth a watch, if not only to see the beautiful scenery, cinematography and Toma ^^.

magincia

Post by magincia » Jan 11th, '08, 16:24

kozumifan wrote:i still dont get the character part :scratch:
PI-zza, ri-ce.. ??
What I understood from that theory is that all yummy things have two syllables XD Cu-rry =D

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 11th, '08, 17:23

magincia wrote:
kozumifan wrote:i still dont get the character part :scratch:
PI-zza, ri-ce.. ??
What I understood from that theory is that all yummy things have two syllables XD Cu-rry =D

From what I gathered the theory was that drawing out the two syllable words made them sound like something special. They did the same trick with kaze (wind) and hoshi (stars), so I don't think the implication was yummy.

magincia

Post by magincia » Jan 11th, '08, 17:33

Oh yeah, you're right, I forgot about the stars and wind... really i don't think you can eat those X'DD

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 11th, '08, 17:40

Before the ham, I'd bet Takamoto and the boys would have been willing to try though. :lol

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 12th, '08, 00:16

what baout thign that are beautiful hahaha....

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 12th, '08, 03:26

Nah... Lohmeyer-senpai said that anything with two syllables words are "SEREBU". Not sure how to translate it, usually "serebu" refers to anything expensive/luxurious, or related to rich people.
I don't like this joke, not funny at all xD But I love how Takemoto, Morita and Mayama acted like little boys in this scene^^

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Jan 12th, '08, 06:01

kyaaa thanks for posting those screencaps yanie! I loved those parts from the interview too :D Especially when Nari and Toma were feeding each other (so cute!) and when they say "daisuki" in unison hehe.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Jan 12th, '08, 22:14

cant remember if this has been posted or not

The Television 2008 January -- credits bakabanri @ LJ

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Jan 13th, '08, 03:14

^^thanks for posting that :D They're so cute!

So I finally downloaded the softsubbed version and just finished watching it. And coming from someone who hasn't really watched/read the anime/manga, I really liked it. I didn't find it too draggy or boring and I thought the pace was good. It kind of reminds me of Orange Days. Of course they're both completely different dramas but the school settings with the theme of friendships reminded me of it. The scenery was gorgeous of course, especially with the sakura blossoms, and I liked the music as well.

I thought Toma did an awesome job displaying all of Takemoto's characteristics, which I gather from reading about him that he's a shy, serious, loyal friend and uncertain about his direction in life. It also seems from the first episode that he gets the short end of things and his friends seem to depend on him a lot hehe. I loved Toma's facial expressions, like when he was really hungry, or when he's catching wistful glances at Hagu. :roll

As for Nari, I thought he did a pretty good job portraying Morita's character. I think Morita is supposed to be an extremely eccentric character (I remember the first episode of the anime Morita appears with lots of money in his pocket and completely passes out) but it would be difficult to completely replicate all of that. I think the drama wanted to also show another part of the character, which is a caring side. He didn't wow me in this episode, but hopefully he'll improve as the drama goes on.

For Hagu, Narumi didn't really stand out too much for me. I really like her though and she's a talented actress but I guess Hagu is a difficult character to play. Maybe as the drama goes on she'll be able to show us who Hagu is, because I didn't really get that from the first episode. She didn't get very many lines either but I guess her character is like that?

Mayama and Yamada, I'm not as convinced. I didn't really feel that much chemistry between them. Again, maybe as the drama goes on I'll be able to see how Yamada feels about Mayama.

Can't wait to watch the next episode! So far, so good! :thumleft:

touchthesun

Post by touchthesun » Jan 13th, '08, 03:30

a_petite_azn wrote:^^thanks for posting that :D They're so cute!

So I finally downloaded the softsubbed version and just finished watching it. And coming from someone who hasn't really watched/read the anime/manga, I really liked it. I didn't find it too draggy or boring and I thought the pace was good. It kind of reminds me of Orange Days. Of course they're both completely different dramas but the school settings with the theme of friendships reminded me of it. The scenery was gorgeous of course, especially with the sakura blossoms, and I liked the music as well.

I thought Toma did an awesome job displaying all of Takemoto's characteristics, which I gather from reading about him that he's a shy, serious, loyal friend and uncertain about his direction in life. It also seems from the first episode that he gets the short end of things and his friends seem to depend on him a lot hehe. I loved Toma's facial expressions, like when he was really hungry, or when he's catching wistful glances at Hagu. :roll

As for Nari, I thought he did a pretty good job portraying Morita's character. I think Morita is supposed to be an extremely eccentric character (I remember the first episode of the anime Morita appears with lots of money in his pocket and completely passes out) but it would be difficult to completely replicate all of that. I think the drama wanted to also show another part of the character, which is a caring side. He didn't wow me in this episode, but hopefully he'll improve as the drama goes on.

For Hagu, Narumi didn't really stand out too much for me. I really like her though and she's a talented actress but I guess Hagu is a difficult character to play. Maybe as the drama goes on she'll be able to show us who Hagu is, because I didn't really get that from the first episode. She didn't get very many lines either but I guess her character is like that?

Mayama and Yamada, I'm not as convinced. I didn't really feel that much chemistry between them. Again, maybe as the drama goes on I'll be able to see how Yamada feels about Mayama.

Can't wait to watch the next episode! So far, so good! :thumleft:

I think the drama is pretty decent if you haven't read/seen or compare it to the manga/anime :). I've always said that Hachikuro feels similar to Orange Days, but softer. If you like Orange Days, I think you'll really like the Honey & Clover anime. It has a similar feel except instead of the angsty violinist, you have the shy inhibited artist prodigy and instead of Satoshi Tsumabuki, you have Takeomoto Yuta XD

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Jan 13th, '08, 04:05

touchthesun wrote:I think the drama is pretty decent if you haven't read/seen or compare it to the manga/anime :). I've always said that Hachikuro feels similar to Orange Days, but softer. If you like Orange Days, I think you'll really like the Honey & Clover anime. It has a similar feel except instead of the angsty violinist, you have the shy inhibited artist prodigy and instead of Satoshi Tsumabuki, you have Takeomoto Yuta XD
I watched 2 episodes of the anime but I stopped because it was so odd, especially Hagu's character who looked like she was a child. I did enjoy Morita's eccentric character though hehe. I was considering giving the anime another try since everyone seems to rave about it. Maybe after the drama ends hehe.

lol I love Satoshi Tsumabuki, but Toma is #1 so I guess that's good. :thumleft:

touchthesun

Post by touchthesun » Jan 13th, '08, 05:18

a_petite_azn wrote:
touchthesun wrote:I think the drama is pretty decent if you haven't read/seen or compare it to the manga/anime :). I've always said that Hachikuro feels similar to Orange Days, but softer. If you like Orange Days, I think you'll really like the Honey & Clover anime. It has a similar feel except instead of the angsty violinist, you have the shy inhibited artist prodigy and instead of Satoshi Tsumabuki, you have Takeomoto Yuta XD
I watched 2 episodes of the anime but I stopped because it was so odd, especially Hagu's character who looked like she was a child. I did enjoy Morita's eccentric character though hehe. I was considering giving the anime another try since everyone seems to rave about it. Maybe after the drama ends hehe.

lol I love Satoshi Tsumabuki, but Toma is #1 so I guess that's good. :thumleft:
It is rather slow the first three episodes, but after that it begins to make sense. It is by far my favorite anime of all time, so I am a bit biased XD. It does cater to more mature college/post college types, so it definitely isn't for everyone. I didn't like/still don't really like Hagu either, but I got past that since the story and the rest of the characters are so strong.

Yes Satoshi is a cutie, but I agree Toma is climbing up the charts. Totally loved him in HYD2 and Hanakimi! I was so glad he got the role for Takemoto. He deserves a starring role and he acts so well. How dare Johnny's hide him away from us for so long! lol

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Jan 13th, '08, 05:35

touchthesun wrote:It is rather slow the first three episodes, but after that it begins to make sense. It is by far my favorite anime of all time, so I am a bit biased XD. It does cater to more mature college/post college types, so it definitely isn't for everyone. I didn't like/still don't really like Hagu either, but I got past that since the story and the rest of the characters are so strong.

Yes Satoshi is a cutie, but I agree Toma is climbing up the charts. Totally loved him in HYD2 and Hanakimi! I was so glad he got the role for Takemoto. He deserves a starring role and he acts so well. How dare Johnny's hide him away from us for so long! lol
That's probably one of the reasons why I loved Orange Days, and why I love the first episode of Hachikuro, because they talk about friends going through university and struggling to find out what they want to do with their lives. I'm also a poor university student and I can identify with that. I love how both dramas have a bit more substance to them rather than just focusing on the romance part of it. I'll definitely give the anime another try then :-)

I loved Toma too in Hana kimi (my first glimpse of him) and after that I pounced on HYD2 (he can be such a bad boy) and Akihabara@deep. I know, I was so excited when I found out he got the leading role! This year hopefully will be a big year for him :D

nhyn

Post by nhyn » Jan 13th, '08, 07:11

first thing first: i wish they followed the manga/anime more closely T______________T they changed some scenes. Oh well.

[freaks out] THEY DID NOT DO THE MORITA-HAGU SCENE when they were introduced!!!AHHHH!! That's like...the best scene ><

HAGU IS COMPLETELY...COMPLETELY....NOT....HAGU T________________T argh. Hagu LOOKS like a kid for a reason. She's pure, but not pure in the...fairy-like way like in the drama. She's pure in a sense that her knowledge of the world is that of a child, for she was "confined" in the house and the countryside while living with her grandma, until the professor took her to the college. AND there's no way she would SMILE at Takemoto like that if she sees him for the first time.

BUT I'm glad to see the cello guy from Nodame play Mayama. He's hot lolz plus he looks a lot less emo than the guy in the movie version.Toma is good as well. I like his Takemoto much much better than Sakurai Sho's. Takemoto is NOT stupid (which is what Sho portrayed him to be). He's only naive and a little...lost. Morita is ok. He should be more insane, though. I like Yamada :D more than I thought I would.

Overall, the first episode was funny, but being such an avid fan of the anime, I must say I'm a bit let down. They could have stuck more to the source.

edit: actually, I changed my mind. Morita is horrible (finished watching some more). Or maybe it's because they changed so many details. Morita likes Hagu because she's on par with him? WTF? He's a complete wacko. Not a complete smug!

wubles

Post by wubles » Jan 13th, '08, 09:23

I'll admit, they changed so much that a lot of it (especially Morita and Hagu) are barely unrecognizeable. Still, I like what I've seen so far. Honey and Clover is my favorite anime, too, so they've got to be doing something right. I can tell right away that this will be at least 100x better than the movie! :P I guess I really don't need to see the same story all over again, you know? So let's see what they're going to do with it! Wheee!

Also, I admit, after hanakimi, I am 100% in <3 with Toma. Plus, are there any other good jdramas this season? :P

toma-rabu

Post by toma-rabu » Jan 14th, '08, 13:21

wubles wrote:I'll admit, they changed so much that a lot of it (especially Morita and Hagu) are barely unrecognizeable. Still, I like what I've seen so far. Honey and Clover is my favorite anime, too, so they've got to be doing something right. I can tell right away that this will be at least 100x better than the movie! :P I guess I really don't need to see the same story all over again, you know? So let's see what they're going to do with it! Wheee!
I still haven't watched the whole first episode yet (but I did skim through it and read all the summaries posted on d-a). Seems like they changed a lot, but I'm welcome to changes. From the dramas I've seen that were manga/anime adaptations, it seems like a lot of times the dramas take out or tone down a lot of the jokes (jokes I like). Then, I notice them adding their own jokes (jokes I don't like). Maybe they just want things to seem more realistic, less cartoony. Or they think they can do better than the mangaka? :nuts:

I haven't watched the movie yet. I want to wait to watch the drama first. Plus with everyone bashing the movie, I don't feel like I'm missing much.
nhyn wrote:first thing first: i wish they followed the manga/anime more closely T______________T they changed some scenes. Oh well.

[freaks out] THEY DID NOT DO THE MORITA-HAGU SCENE when they were introduced!!!AHHHH!! That's like...the best scene ><
I also loved those crazy scenes between Morita and Hagu, but they're probably too crazy for a drama. :( I don't know much about Nari's acting ability (though I did see him in Nana and akihabara@deep), but I think he would look silly or ackward if he acted exactly like the anime Morita. Toma could probably pull it off though if he was Morita. :S

I like and agree with your analysis of the characters, though I never thought that deeply about them. You're a much more avid fan than I am. But I'm still curious to see where Narumi and Nari go with their roles. Narumi has said she's a big fan of Honey & Clover, so I would think she would want to be faithful and do the manga justice. Hopefully, their good intentions won't let us down in the end.

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Jan 14th, '08, 14:04

Im not that satisfied with h&c!!!!!!!!!! oh noh!!!!!!!!!!!! Eita should have been Morita!!!!
It should not focus on the love story!!!! If not for Toma and Mayama I wouldnt watch it!
on the lighter side, the drama is BETTER than the movie ^_^
though I like Aoi Yuu as Hagu ^_^

ps. the drama looked so rushed >.<
and

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Jan 14th, '08, 15:28

I liked the first episode. I didn't read the manga and I only saw the first episode of the anime but it didn't appeal to me. That's actually nothing against this show in particular since I had already pretty much lost interest in anime at that time anyway.

joan711

Post by joan711 » Jan 15th, '08, 02:44

i've seen the anime version, I could say that the anime is good. I was kinda bracing myself for the jdorama version afraid that it would let me down. But then again I was proven wrong, I liked the way each actor/actress played their role. Especially how Toma palyed Takemoto, he really showed the feelings of takemoto everytime he watch Hagu. The one who played Ayu was good as well, there's this longing for Mayama but quite shy on admitting it as well. She acts like a big sister to Hagu but then again like a spoiled little sister in front of Mayama and Morita. As for the one playing Morita he needs to be more comical, the morita in anime version is very funny and more on a happy go lucky guy. He still needs to give more attention in portraying the funny side of Morita. The actor who played Mayama, is good as well, serious when it comes to Rika but funny when he's with Takemoto and Morita. As for the girl playing Hagu, well I can't comment of her yet, she has little lines. But so far, she has captured Hagu's sense of privateness. Kepts to herself, rarely talks.

Magicus

Post by Magicus » Jan 15th, '08, 03:40

Eita was seriously born to play Morita, it's a shame that they couldn't get him.

I was kind of indifferent to the first episode, I didn't hate it but didn't really enjoy it to much either, I think my expectations are just way to high. I don't really like the guy who plays Shuji at all, thats probably my biggest beef. I keep picturing Watabe Atsuro in the role when he appeared on screen (when the guy has a cigarette in his mouth it just reminds me of Watabe in Keizoku and Beautiful Life :lol)