[Discussion] Hachimitsu to Kuroba - Narumi Riko

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Sierrablue

Post by Sierrablue » Dec 21st, '07, 04:12

I can barely wait for this to start, the cast looks really good.

Hopefully the drama OST will be as good as the anime's. :D

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Dec 21st, '07, 06:16

19 more days!!!

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 21st, '07, 15:40

nana,you already start countdown for hachikuro. :lol yay,19 more days to go.why can't they show it this year. :lol i really can't wait for it. :D

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 21st, '07, 15:42

18 actually ^_^ ........i think

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 21st, '07, 15:58

oh yeah,because our time already past 12.yay,18 more days. :cheers:

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Dec 21st, '07, 23:52

yah... well for it to be up loaded it normaly later on on our time
so... its more days today!!!! now it is 19 more days till we get it but 17 in japan sinc eit is shown at 6:00Am our time...

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 22nd, '07, 06:25

yeah,it's 17 more days till the drama.can't wait to watch it. :wub:

nana,i love your gif.ryutaro saves chinen? :lol where can i watch this? :D

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Dec 22nd, '07, 08:27

Is this thread for "Riko" or the "Honey&Clover"??
Anyways i found this pic, wasnt sure if it was posted before.

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 22nd, '07, 08:34

this is hachikuro thread.this pic is from hachikuro website right? :D

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Dec 22nd, '07, 08:39

i think so. I was searching for riko's pics and found this one.

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 22nd, '07, 08:43

thakns for posting so many pics of narumi tease.or else narumi thread won't be active anymore. :D

Mihara

Post by Mihara » Dec 22nd, '07, 19:13

atskv9 wrote:Thanks for doing that Yorokobi :-)
lol @ Toma with his short pants and leg warmers...
When I was reading it and the interviewer was talking about if they all had become close to each other as friends and then they mentioned Hana Kimi... I'm wondering if this drama will have the same comradery as Hana Kimi... ugh *gets Hana Kimi withdrawals*
If they keep the tone of the manga, it definitely will.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Dec 22nd, '07, 20:42

mingming96 wrote:yeah,it's 17 more days till the drama.can't wait to watch it. :wub:

nana,i love your gif.ryutaro saves chinen? :lol where can i watch this? :D
i found it on Veoh TV... I was actrually looking for Subs for Making of UMP and found that instead... yah i love that part... i didn't know who saved Chinen at first.... but then i saw it was Morimoto... after that part... I'll put up my fight between the lady and Chinen and Morimoto

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 22nd, '07, 23:09

thanks for telling me.can you gve me the link to the video?haha,morimoto saves chinen.it's still funny to me. :lol

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Dec 23rd, '07, 01:15

i like how the artists painted in Toma's picture so now they dont have to take out Toma's pic :cheers:

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 23rd, '07, 08:03

yay,16 more days until hachikuro drama. :cheers:

i like how they painted toma too.at least toma is not the soccerball anymore. :lol

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Dec 23rd, '07, 08:09

is there anyone here with good photoshop skills? please create a nice banner for the Hachimitsu to Clover drama wiki page..i hope someone can help.. :-)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 23rd, '07, 10:30

Hi! I combined Honey & Clover drama commercials (the 14 and 30 seconds versions) into one, and used H&C anime first ending song, Waltz by Suneohair (my recent favorite, favorite song!!^0^) for this MV... well, I won't call it MV, coz its too short... lets say its a teaser^^

Cannot wait for the drama to be on air! So far, I'm satisfied with the casting... just hope there won't be any out-of-character, like in the movie.

File: HachiKuro 2008 Teaser
Size: 9.92 MB
Duration: 43 secs
Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/25f65k

Enjoy!

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Dec 23rd, '07, 10:40

thanks for the teaser and the banner, yanie!:D

Rori

Post by Rori » Dec 24th, '07, 00:42

Anyone know if there's a place I can download the 15 sec preview and the extended one?
I'm completely new to H&C but this series looks like it'll be a good one.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Dec 24th, '07, 04:19

atskv9 wrote:First HachiKuro CM aired
can be found here on Toma's LJ: http://community.livejournal.com/ikuta_ ... tml#cutid1

I converted it to AVI also for easier use:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4tdlzm4m35d
http://www.sendspace.com/file/r5i3r6

Also uploaded to Veoh for streaming: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1625830FEkDmDag

screen caps!
ImageImage
atskv9 wrote:Newest CM for HachiKuro is out -- 071218
posted by kouzo on Toma's LJ

Youtube Credit: kinakina
Hachikuro 15-Sec CM on Youtube
Hachikuro 30-Sec CM on Youtube

Download Credit: Toma no Stage
HC_CM_071218_(30s).avi  5.19 MB  0:00:30  720*480  128kbps
- http://www.mediafire.com/?8cyqcnxyn0r
- http://www.savefile.com/files/1271651

I posted it on Veoh as well
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1668147n7DQm4Cd

Rori

Post by Rori » Dec 24th, '07, 04:28

Thank you. : )

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 24th, '07, 05:52

15 more days for the drama. :cheers: toma and narumi love. :wub:

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Dec 24th, '07, 06:06

I can't believe it's already that close!! :O

southbound

Post by southbound » Dec 24th, '07, 06:10

I just have to say I am exploding with excitement about this drama. I loved the anime to absolute pieces. pieces pieces pieces. I was a little letdown by the movie, but I still liked it. And I just recently heard that this was coming out! With Ikuta Toma as Takemoto! Best news ever! The rest of the casting looks promising too. I'm having a hard time imagining Narimiya Hiroki as Morita, but I know he'll do a good job.

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 24th, '07, 06:52

astkv9:yup,just 2 weeks to go. :D

southbound:yup,toma as takemoto is the best.i'm sure nari will do a good job even though i never see him acting before.
Last edited by mingming96 on Dec 24th, '07, 07:02, edited 1 time in total.

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 24th, '07, 07:01

mezamashi tv news on hachikuro :D (credit to kinakinan)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwzGt5rqKac

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 24th, '07, 09:18

mingming96 wrote:mezamashi tv news on hachikuro :D (credit to kinakinan)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwzGt5rqKac
OMG!! Thank you so much! There were footage not shown before in the 15 and 30 secs CM versions.

I can see why some people doubting Narimiya Hiroki's acting ability to portray Morita. As much as I love Nari, I, too, notice his acting flaws... esp. when he acted dramatic scenes, he's not good in that.
But he was EXCELLENT in comical roles, like the ones he acted in StandUp and Gokusen. And Morita of Honey&Clover IS a very comical character, so I'm sure Nari will do a good job... well, at least for now :P To be honest, I'm a bit nervous too, Nari's acting is kinda unstable.

Having watched the Mezamashi preview (the link above), at least I'm sure the writers stay true to the manga/anime, and keep Morita's craziness^^ As seen in these caps I took:
ImageImage

Morita-Yamada!! Love them! Love their chummy friendship in the anime... love how Yamada kicks Morita, love how Morita mentally support Yamada in her love problem with Mayama^^ As I found this pic in the official website...

I'm glad they'll have the scene where Morita comforting Yamada^^ One of the best scene in the anime!

And this scene, looks so funny! Yamada tries to kick Morita, and Morita ended up carried by Mayama?? lol!

Oh I think I saw a scene where someone kick Takemoto (Toma) too... was it Yamada?? xD ha.... Yamada really kicks ass~
I'm so glad that they adapt the comical scenes in this drama! Really hope that this drama would be as good as the anime!! Except.... for the ending, I was kinda left unsatisfied with the anime ending xD
Morita-Hagu forever!!!! however, I'd be okay with Takemoto-Hagu pairing too!! but the anime ending was just too... wrong x) oh, but I'm glad another favorite pair of mine, Nomiya-Yamada ended up together, though =P
Last edited by yanie on Dec 25th, '07, 03:45, edited 1 time in total.

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 24th, '07, 10:32

no problem.so nari should be no problem acting as morita right?since moria's the craziest character ever.

i love how yamada kicks morita as well.yeah,but why yamada kicks takemoto as well?i see it in the clip i think. :lol the thing i don't like about yamada is how he always like mayama when we already know who mayama likes the most.i support mayamaxrika and yamadaxnomiya.as for hagu i'm definately a tomaxnarumi fans.so i support haguxtakemoto.poor takemoto.it's unrequited love ne.i think in the end hagu didn't choose anyone in the anime.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Dec 24th, '07, 19:26

Is it me or from the most recent Mezamashi CM, I'd rather to watch more Yamada scenes than Hagu scenes..

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Dec 24th, '07, 20:19

From Toma's LJ:
kouzo wrote:High quality "Honey and Clover" CM from this morning's めざましテレビ. This version was aired in the 6 AM time slot.

HACHIKURO theme song: "Canvas" by Hirai Ken.

Mezamashi_071224_6am.avi  37.47 MB  0:00:50  960*720  128kbps
- http://www.mediafire.com/?4oombeunify
- http://www.savefile.com/files/1282513
kouzo wrote:Higher quality version of the clip from tonight's ネプ大リーグ (Nepleague New Year SP), featuring Ikuta Toma & Narumi Riko.

nep-DAI-league_071224_h&c.avi  23.05 MB  0:02:51  640*360  128kbps

- http://www.mediafire.com/?61hmbsutbyj
- http://www.sendspace.com/file/9f6p9m
- http://www.savefile.com/files/1282811
^^also on youtube:

I can't wait! :D

Mrs-Nishikado

Post by Mrs-Nishikado » Dec 24th, '07, 20:25

YAYAYAYAY
ANother good news toma in a new DRAMA!! :wub:
YATA!! :cheers:

southbound

Post by southbound » Dec 24th, '07, 22:06

yanie, do you mean the ending of the second season? That was really weird. I still liked it, but it was really just... weird haha.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 25th, '07, 03:15

southbound wrote:yanie, do you mean the ending of the second season? That was really weird. I still liked it, but it was really just... weird haha.
yeah, the second season... weird :lol The manga/anime ending caused so many opposite opinions from the fans. Actually it's really up to us, we can interpret the ending whichever way we like. Umino Chika is quite smart, with that kind of ending, everybody wins^^ None of the fans would feel disappointed.
In the end, Hagu chose to be together with Shuuji. Shuuji fans can be happy with that. Shuuji admitted his love for Hagu, to Morita, anyway. And Hagu also said Shuuji is like her rain, her most important person.

While Hagu-Shuuji fan can conclude the ending as a romantic happy ending for Hagu-Shuuji, Hagu-Takemoto/Morita fans might take it as a different meaning, as well. Shuuji might love Hagu. But Hagu might only love Shuuji as a brother... her feelings is still not clear. She chose to be together with Shuuji, just so she can heal her hand. Once her hand healed, she might not be together with Shuuji anymore.

For Hagu-Morita fans, there has always been some hints, that Hagu loves Morita, as a man. Hagu and Morita inspire each other. And the time Hagu went to buy her painting tools together with Morita, she cried in front of Shuuji, coz she thought it was such an unpleasant time... she was so nervous with Morita, shows that she has feelings for Morita. Hagu and Morita are somewhat similar, they're both childish yet super-talented artists. I think only Hagu can understand Morita, and only Morita can understand Hagu. However, they are not close... somehow there's some kind of wall between them. But in the anime ending, it was shown they started to crush the wall, and started to be open with each other. Even Hagu (who usually felt uncomfortable with Morita), didn't hesitate a bit when Morita came and take her away to his place.
Morita told Shuuji in the end, that it is not over. When he's ready, he said he'll take Hagu away from Shuuji.
Thus, Morita fans can see this as an open-ending, and expect that someday Hagu and Morita will be together.

For Hagu-Takemoto fans, there has always been hints as well, of how important Takemoto means for Hagu. Takemoto is one of the closest person to Hagu, and she can talk to him comfortably, something she can never do with Morita.
When Takemoto went on a journey and wasn't home for 2 months, Hagu was worried sick of him, and finally got a fever. When Takemoto is back, he held Hagu's hand, and they sleep side by side, holding hands, was just one of the sweetest scene ever!^^
In the 2nd season ending, Takemoto opened the sandwich given by Hagu, inside the train. There were 4 leafs of clover. In the first season, Hagu was trying to find one leaf of clover for Shuuji, but she couldn't find it and she cried. To find 1 leaf of clover, is so difficult, so imagine what Hagu has been through that she was able to find 4 leafs of clover for Takemoto, indicates how important Takemoto means for her. So, Takemoto might be Hagu's most important person, anyway.

mingming96, I was a Mayama-Yamada fan, at first. The scene where Mayama gave her a piggyback ride, and she told him repeatedly that she loves him, and he just kept saying "Un..." to that... was just priceless!! Loved that scene so much^^
Afterall, I don't like RIka that much. I didn't like the fact Mayama keep loving Rika, although there's a great girl (Yamada) there, who sincerely loves him.
But then Nomiya comes on to the screen, I became a Nomiya-Yamada fan quickly, haha... Nomiya is such a great guy, esp. in the 2nd season!! I'm sure Kashiwabara Takashi can portray Nomiya perfectly!!^0^ I'm so happy, when Yamada finally said that she kept thinking of Nomiya, though she still can't forget Mayama fully yet. I'm pretty sure Nomiya-Yamada ended up together in the end, although it was not really shown clearly^^
btw, I love the Fujiwara office people, Miwako and Yamazaki are hillarious!^^ Oh, Takizawa Saori will be playing the role as Miwako, this is one of the perfect casting in the drama!! Takizawa Saori will be grrreeeaatt as Miwako!^^
atskv9 wrote:Is it me or from the most recent Mezamashi CM, I'd rather to watch more Yamada scenes than Hagu scenes..
Well... Hagu is not really a fun character anyway, in the original manga/anime. I've always loved Yamada more than Hagu character. In the 1st season of the anime, Hagu is just... weird... and not so much like a human xD But Hagu is surrounded by great guys^^ So I can't help but to pay attention to her story too :P
Last edited by yanie on Dec 27th, '07, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 25th, '07, 03:49

oh, does anyone has the original soundtrack of Honey & Clover The Movie (starring Sakurai Sho, Aoi Yu)? The musics were composed by Kanno Yoko.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Dec 25th, '07, 04:37

Episode 1:

One day, Takemoto is wrongly accused of a prank and summoned by Professor Hanamoto. Together with the main culprits, Morita and Mayama, he heads to Hanamoto's office where they meet a new student, Hagumi. Takemoto is attracted to her mysterious charm. Morita is also thrilled by Hagumi's works. Meanwhile, Ayumi, who has a crush on Mayama, goes around several used bookstores when she learns that there's an out-of-print book for his entrance to a desired seminar. On the day of the seminar interview, Ayumi gives the book she found to Mayama but Mayama is called away by the boss at his part-time job, Rika, whom he has taken a fancy to.

Source: Shukan The Television

credits: jade_frost

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Dec 25th, '07, 04:46

^^Wow thanks for posting that! Interesting....I can't wait til it airs!!!

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 25th, '07, 12:05

finally can login and post.thanks for the summary marienella_m.i can't wait for the series.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 25th, '07, 15:04

These are some stuffs I translated from the Official Website: http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/hachikuro/index.html

The Trailer page:
translated by Yanie

Episode 1
Hanamoto Hagumi (Narumi Riko) is a girl from Nagano who just arrived at Tokyo to enter Hamadayama Art University as a new student. She is a genius in art, but she has problems in interacting and communicating with other people.

One day in April, Takemoto Yuta (Ikuta Toma), 3rd year student of Architecture Art, is passing by the campus area he rarely pass through, and he see Hagumi. At that very second, he falls in love with her right away.

Not long after, Morita Shinobu (Narimiya Hiroki), 7th year student of Sculpture Art, and Mayama Takumi (Mukai Osamu), 4th year student of Architecture, comes and drag Takemoto away from there, by force. Morita and Mayama took Takemoto together with them, to get the curry provided free for the new students registering the mountain-climbing club. Then they secretly enters a room, and pour the curry to a plate. However, before they get to eat, Yamada Ayumi (Harada Natsuki), 4th year student of Ceramic Art, barge in and scold the 3 guys. Apparently, the ceramic plate Morita brought there is Ayumi's piece of work to be displayed in the Campus Exhibition.

In the middle of that commotion, Hanamoto Shuuji (Murakami Jun), a professor in the Architecture Art, calls Takemoto and introduce him to Hagumi. Apparently, Hagumi is Hanamoto's cousin's daughter. That night, Hagumi sees Morita's work of art. Suddenly, Hagumi goes to the painting room and starts facing the canvas.

Few days later, Hagumi's painting wins the grandprize of the Campus Exhibition. Morita, who already saw Hagumi's painting, finds Hagumi and hugs her. He said, it's been a long time since he see one's painting and feel moved by it. Then, Hagumi says, that she likes Morita's work of art too, in a small voice. Takemoto, who coincidentally witness this very moment, feels pain in his heart, as he heard what Hagumi just said.

(omg, I'm already laughing by reading the synopsis only! I can just so imagine, Morita drags Mayama and Takemoto to get the free curry... and randomly brought Yamada's ceramic art of work as a plate for the curry! lol! none of this is in the anime... but the characters and background stay pretty true^^)

The Topics pages:
translated by Yanie

A Message by Umino Chika (Hachimitsu to Clover's manga author)
I feel very happy about this drama adaptation and hope that people will watch it. The first time I saw Narumi Riko-san was on the poster of the movie, Jindou. I've heard that she is such a talented actress, and when I saw her with my own eyes, I thought "She looks really talented, indeed".
I'm very happy to know she'll be acting as Hagumi. Ikuta Toma-san really looks like a young boy and cute, I think he'll fit the part as Takemoto, I'm really looking forward to it.

HachiKuro is a manga with "creating stuff" as theme and an art university as the set. So, my real hope for the drama, that it'll freely use my original work as a material, and express it in a new, different way. It feels like letting go my child in a journey. I'm really looking forward to it, while seeing and hearing from afar, and hope the child will come back fine.

A Message by Narumi Riko (Hanamoto Hagumi)
I've loved "Hachimitsu to Clover" manga since a long time ago. To know that I'll be able to be a part in this drama, makes me feel very happy. The story is known world-wide, so I'm looking forward to a frequent talk with the staffs and casts while I'm acting the role. I'll do my very best and hope that we'll be able to make that world-wide known "HachiKuro" successfully.

A Message by Ikuta Toma (Takemoto Yuta)
I'll be acting the role as Takemoto Yuta in this series, "Hachimitsu to Clover". Takemoto is a common student who goes to college and going through his daily life with many hesitations, and without knowing what's the best thing he should do. He hasn't find his own path of life. This role is really different than the role I did in this year's summer's "Hanazakari no Kimi-tachi e", who falls in love with a girl that he thought is a guy. This time, the role I'll be playing is "a common(futsu) college student".

How far I can express Takemoto's troubles in love and life, is a challenge, for myself. I want to make this drama as something that will make people think "I want to experience this kind of wonderful romance".

I put together the anime characters pics and the drama version... just for a comparison^^

Hanamoto Hagumi:

Takemoto Yuta:

Morita Shinobu:

Mayama Takumi:

Yamada Ayumi:

I really want to know who's in charge for the music in this drama. Anyone knows?
The anime and movie has great soundtrack songs and musics. Hopefully, this drama version will have the excellent soundtrack, as well.

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 25th, '07, 15:45

thank you so much for translating the synopsis of episode 1 and the message by chika umino,narumi and toma.the story is a little different from the anime and manga but i already love it.really can't wait to watch it.i love how chika umino said narumi is such a talented actress because she really is.and how she said toma looks like a cute young boy. :D and thanks for the anime and drama pics comparison.toma has the looks of takemoto.

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Dec 25th, '07, 16:29

Found some scans [srry if they were posted before]

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 25th, '07, 16:39

thanks for the scan tease.i have seen the second scan before.but it's not from here.more narumi and toma love. :wub:

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Dec 25th, '07, 23:23

wheee yah!!! 14 days!!!!!!!

Hahaha... only 2 weeks left... my whole Winter break thou.. hahaha...

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 26th, '07, 04:36

the second scan is that article i translated a little while back

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Dec 26th, '07, 04:55

ahhhh thank you yanie for translating!!! So Toma fits the role of a "cute young boy" eh? I think so too! :wub:

thanks for posting the scans tease :-)

I've only read the first volume of the manga and watched the first episode of the anime, so I'm going in watching the drama from a fresh point of view I guess. I think it'll be interesting :D Can't wait!!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 26th, '07, 05:22

No problem^^

I wonder who will play the role as Morita's older brother, Kaoru? I hope they'll have the flashback on Morita's family background plot in the drama. I hope the drama also have Morita's funniest moment,
Morita sings Zundoko Bushi, the popular ENKA song, in the Hanami Festival, lol! xD
Toma really should've get Morita's role, instead, naa....

Ha, I have too many expectations.... I might be disappointed later xD

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 26th, '07, 05:36

yanie wrote:Toma really should've get Morita's role, instead, naa....

Ha, I have too many expectations.... I might be disappointed later xD
I agree! I'd love to see Toma in a silly character role again. And seeing the previews....man, why does he never get the girl? :cry: But, he is the male lead....so, I will be happy with that.

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Dec 26th, '07, 05:41

^^I know, poor Toma :cry: I think he'll be a good Takemoto though, I wouldn't want him to be typecasted as the goofy character. I think I have a lot of expectations for this drama too and I don't want to be disappointed either!

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 26th, '07, 05:44

a_petite_azn wrote:^^I know, poor Toma :cry: I think he'll be a good Takemoto though, I wouldn't want him to be typecasted as the goofy character. I think I have a lot of expectations for this drama too and I don't want to be disappointed either!
I think Toma already proved himself to be a versatile actor. He went from Oribe Junpei to Shuichi Nakatsu. Both were excellent portrayals. I'm sure he'll make an excellent Takemoto. :thumright:

Yea, tell me about it. I have very high expectations for this drama. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 26th, '07, 12:34

The official website has been updated with Narumi Riko's interview! And they've updated the staff list too. I got the answer to my own question, there are 3 persons who will be in charge of the music: Kaida Shogo and Miyako Keiichi(SOPHIA's keyboardist)/Kano Shin.

Apparently Kaida Shogo is a relatively new music composer, he composed LIFE drama's soundtrack musics.
I don't know why there are 3 people in charge of the music... but if Kano Shin is the main composer of HachiKuro drama soundtrack, I'd be soooooo happy!!!! He's the one who composed musics for Food Fight, SekaChuu, Byakuyakou, Iryuu, and HanaKimi! I love most of his musics!! Esp. the one in Byakuyakou, really beautiful musics.

Anyway, here's the translation of Narumi Riko's interview from the official website: http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/hachikuro/index.html

INTERVIEW 1: Narumi Riko-san (acting the role as Hanamoto Hagumi)
translated by Yanie

Q. We've heard that you loved the original manga, how was your feeling when you heard about this drama adaptation?
Very happy. I've actually been thinking "It'll be so great if I have the chance to do this" since a long time ago. It's quite rare to be able to do something that you really like, right? So I was really surprised...

Q. Which part of the original manga charmed you?
Each of the characters are really charming. Also, the "HachiKuro" world in a whole. The humour and the emotional moments are in good balance, once I started to read, I cannot stop and ended up reading it all to the end, without getting bored at all.

Q. Which character do you have empathy the most for? Is it Hagu-chan?
I think Hagu-chan is a character who doesn't get alot of empathy from the readers. So, actually when I heard that I'll be playing the role as Hagumi, I thought "How should I act this character?". The drama's script has it's own parts which are different than the original manga, ne. So, I'm thinking, it might become the new "HachiKuro" we'll only have in the drama adaptation.

Q. So, which character do you have empathy the most for?
Since I'm a girl, I guess its Yamada Ayumi. But I have many favorite characters, too. I also love the puddle dog, Midori-chan (laughs).

Q. It's really touching to know that although she keeps thinking about Mayama-kun, but she gets nothing in return, ne.
Nee (laughs). It's really touching, ne.

Q. So you've said that "it'll be great if I have the chance to do this", did you mean that you wanted to try to play the role as Hagumi?
I didn't think about that at all. And I also don't know why... What I've always thought is, "If I'm gonna do this, then it might be Ayu,". So when I heard I get to play the role as Hagumi, I was really surprised (laughs).

Q. Your hairstyle has also been changed, to play the role as Hagumi, ne?
Yes. I didn't really get much hairstyle change specially for a role. When I did get it, usually it's just a little cut. So I feel fresh everyday (laughs). The clothes I wear are also very "Hagumi", ne. I never wear these kinda clothes at all in my daily life. So when I change to these clothes, somehow I feel that I can turn to Hagumi-mode immediately.

Q. In Narumi-san's opinion, what is Hagumi character's charm?
From the original manga, I'd say its her looks, and her amazing works of art.

Q. How will you work on that part in the acting?
Well... I don't think I can shorten my height (laughs).... of course, there are things that just can't be done... On that part, it's something I'll work on, while discussing it with the directors. I'll try to play the role as Hagumi as much as I can.

Q. What was your impression when you read the first episode's script? Hagumi don't have much lines, does it make it harder for you to act the role?
I don't think it's a matter of whether it's easier if there's more line, or harder when there's no line. Even if there's no line, Hagumi must have something she think about at that moment. If I can understand what she's thinking of, then I'm sure even if I'll only be standing there, I'll be Hagumi.

Q. Hagumi is a talented genius art university student. Narumi-san, do you draw illustrations yourself?
I never really draw myself. Mostly, it's the first time for me to use the painting tools. Although Hagumi is a university student, it would be better if I don't really think much of the fact she's actually older than me, while I'm playing the role.

Q. Up to the filming start, what kind of preparation did you do?
I tried to set everything up inside myself. Probably, there's nothing I can do more than that. Since we also do rehearsals, somehow when I can manage to create the image inside myself, I think it'll be alright in the real filming.

Q. What do you think of Ikuta Toma-san and the other co-stars?
From the first time we met each other, I felt "It's gonna be such a fun filming location!". Everyone is so cheerful and so kind. With these members, I think we can really create the new kind of world in this drama.

Q. The five casts' communication might be the most important thing in the filming location, ne.
I've never play the role as a university student before myself, ne. I've only been playing quite a numerous roles of isolated characters. But in the scenes when the five gather, I think it was very natural. I really like the feel that when they separate from the others, and be alone, thinking about their worries alone, they'll become adults, but when the five gather, somehow they become childish. It will be great if we can have that kind of relationship apart from acting, ne (laughs).

Q. There will be so many fans of the original manga having expectations on this drama. Do you feel pressure because of this?
Actually, I'm the #1 fan of the original manga myself (laughs). Pressure is something that one will feel when one thinks much about it. But I'm thinking this is the drama version of HachiKuro. So, I think it's alright for me to be my own version of Hagumi. I have confidence that I can do this naturally.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wow, Ms. Narumi has confidence, indeed. Like some people in this thread, I also think that Aoi Yu (HachiKuro The Movie) acted Hagumi perfectly. But, I'm looking forward to what kind of version of Hagumi, Narumi will create^^ Sometimes it is better that way, than trying to imitate the original one or the previous actress. Just hope she won't be out of character x) But, since Narumi Riko is the manga fan herself, I trust her^^ This will be the very first time I watch Narumi Riko's acting, I've never watch her acting before, except in TRICK, but she only has little role and she was only 10 in that series xD

She has similarities with Inoue Mao and MatsuJun. Inoue Mao is also a Hana Yori Dango manga big fan way before she gets Tsukushi role in the drama. MatsuJun read Hanadan manga way before, and thought if he's gonna do the drama, he'll get the Hanazawa Rui role (the secondary role), but he got the main lead, Domyoji Tsukasa, instead^^

I cannot wait for them to update with Toma and Narimiya's interviews!!!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 26th, '07, 12:39

thanks for sharing that cant wait for the others
will you translate those as well?

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 26th, '07, 14:12

thanks for the translation of narumi interview.i'm sure narumi will play her onw version of hagu successfully. :D

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Dec 26th, '07, 14:26

thanks for translating that interview! Hopefully you'll be translating the other interviews? :D

I'm sure Narumi will perform beautifully. And you're right, I think it's even better to kind of make your own version rather than try to rigidly imitate the original version. Like Hana Kimi, they strayed a bit from the manga storyline but the characters' personalities and feel of the dorm was the same.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 26th, '07, 14:44

Not sure of the others, but I'd want to translate Toma and Narimiya interviews, for sure!! :D

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 26th, '07, 15:23

thanks,i'm waititng for your translation of toma interview.greatly appreciate. :D

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Dec 26th, '07, 22:45

I agree about Kano Shin yanie! I enjoyed the Hana Kimi OST so much so if he was the main person in charge of it, then I'm sure we could definitely expect another awesome soundtrack :cheers:

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Dec 27th, '07, 13:46

yanie wrote:
This will be the very first time I watch Narumi Riko's acting, I've never watch her acting before, except in TRICK, but she only has little role and she was only 10 in that series xD

I cannot wait for them to update with Toma and Narimiya's interviews!!!
You can watch her in 1 Litre of Tears.. ^_^

I also like Aoi Yuu's interpretation of Hagumi

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 27th, '07, 15:55

Yay! The official website has been updated with Toma interview!!^0^ And they also have a diary blog now, the blog will tell happenings at the filming location. Today, apparently, a press conference has been held in the filming studio! Yatta, so we can expect the presscon clip in tomorrow morning's Mezamashi news!!

Here's the translation of Toma's interview, go-yukkuri douzo!^^

INTERVIEW 2: Ikuta Toma-san (acting the role as Takemoto Yuuta)
translated by Yanie

Q. The filming started with the "first meet" scene, ne.
When I saw Narumi Riko-chan during that "first meet" scene filming, I thought, "A~! It's Hagu-chan!". My heart was beating faster (laughs). It was so wonderful, she really suits the sakura image.

Q. Ikuta-san, you also looked great in short pants.
When I entered the make-up room, everyone was laughing at me, y'know. They said stuff like, "You're wearing short pants..." (laughs)

Q. So what do you think yourself on your looks in short pants?
Dou desu ka ne[I'm not sure] (laughs). Well, it's winter, of course it feels cold. Recently, I just bought a leg warmer, so I've been using that (laughs). However, though it's cold, the air is really clean and fresh, so we managed to film beautiful scenes. Therefore, even in this cold weather, I feel I have to do my very best.

Q. Is there any trouble in acting the role?
Actually, I'm the type who always in high spirit in the filming location. This time's filming style, unusually, we do rehearsals in the same day as the filming day, so we start filming scenes right after the rehearsals. I guess, with this style of filming, we'd be in our characters-mode all the time. Other than that, the director, Tanimura, is a very detailed person. He pays attention to every little details, so about 80% of the filmed scenes are results of his direction. The other 20% is something like, "In any case, let's just try it first...".

Q. Are you good in that? I heard there will be many monologues too...
Sou desu ne (laughs). Well, I'll just work hard on it, if they say, "Dame!(no, not like that)", then I'll stop immediately. And since this is different than HanaKimi, if people starts to think, "You're doing the same gesture/thing again,"... I'd feel upset myself (laughs). I really want to give out something new.

Q. What do you think of Narumi Riko-chan?
She looks mature, so I kept thinking, "Is she an adult already? Or is she really still 15?". I mean, she's really serious in doing her job, she also has high conscious in being a professional... but then, when I started to talk to her, apparently there are still parts of her that shows she IS 15 years old. Riko-chan sometimes laughs out of the blue, when she remembers something (laughs). Suddenly, she laughs by herself, so I asked, "What's wrong?"...she said, "No, it's just... 3 days ago..." (laughs). "You're laughing at something happened 3 days ago??".

Q. During filming breaks, what do you talk about with Riko-chan?
At first, we talked about foods. Our favorite foods, and foods we hate. Also, getemono [exotic, weird foods] (laughs). Riko-chan was reading a book, then I wonder, "What book is she reading?", turn out its a getemono book (laughs). She said to me, "Today I bring getemono book, let's take a look at it together, later," (laughs). I feel impressed, "So you read things like that too?? What a wide knowledge you have," (laughs).

Q. Ikuta-san and Riko-chan, both of you actually get along really well with Harada Natsuki-san, Mukai Osamu-san and Narimiya Hiroki-san, ne.
Well yeah, during filming breaks, before we know it, we're already hanging out together. "Wait a minute, isn't this "HachiKuro" for real?!!"... it was that kind of feel, and it happened naturally.

Q. I heard that Riko-chan loves Morita character from the original manga.
She said that to me before, too. And I also saw her in a recent TV interview saying, "I really love Hachimitsu to Clover, I've always read it. Morita-kun, also Mayama-kun, they're really great guys, aren't they?". Not even the character "Ta" of "Takemoto" come out (laughs).

Q. This time, your role's love will also be unrequited...
Sabishii desu ne...(laughs). However, somehow Takemoto's love has surpassed it. He'll manage to say "Suki da! (I love you)", and even though his feelings is not returned, he doesn't regret it. I think, for men, and women, there are different things for them depend on the kind of love they experience. So I think it'll be great if I can express that part successfully.

Q. What does the word "unrequited" reminds you of?
Unrequited... that's difficult, ne. I guess, later on, it is something that will remind you of the song or the scenery on that very moment. Also... I think, "winter" might suit "unrequited" image very well.

Q. Which part of "Hachimitsu to Clover" do you think is the most interesting part?
It is such a beautiful story, in my opinion. "HachiKuro" is a world in it's own that you cannot find anywhere else. The silly parts and the touching parts are in good balance, too. It'll be great if the drama can also treasure that balance. During the acting, we move alot, and even when we stop to talk, rather than that, it's more of like, creating stuff in detail. When all the 3 directors gather, FYI they're all men... rather than increasing the number of scenes filming, it's more of increasing the attraction quality of the scenes. I hope we can keep this group atmosphere always like this.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ms. Narumi's favorite is MORITA!!! Just like me! Hahaha.... poor Toma, he must be heart-broken when he watch that Narumi interview on TV, lol! Not even the character "Ta", come out of Narumi's mouth, lol... Toma-kun, kawaii sou~ But my 2nd fave is Takemoto! Narumi is not interested in Takemoto at all?? Unbelievable xD

Did Horikita Maki ever read HanaKimi manga? Has she ever been asked in interviews, which guy does she like personally... Sano or Nakatsu?? I'm sorry for being off-topic, but I really want to know, lol! It's interesting to know the actress' real preference, just like how Inoue Mao is a big Hanazawa Rui fan, lol.

Just realized something, Toma and Narimiya in real life might be the exact opposite with the roles they'll be playing. From Narimiya interviews I've watched, it seems Narimiya's personality is very "Takemoto". Narimiya in real-life is the easily shy type, looks very yasashii(kind), though he's not really quiet, but it looks like he's the introvert type.
While, Toma in real life, is pretty much "Nakatsu" and "Morita", ne. He laughs and made jokes alot in above interview, lol. But I guess, they were chosen for respective roles due to their looks... Narimiya would be too old to play Takemoto x) And it also proves that the fact they are versatile actors, had been approved by the casting staffs^^
Last edited by yanie on Dec 27th, '07, 16:20, edited 2 times in total.

a2a

Post by a2a » Dec 27th, '07, 16:03

Lmao! Everybody LOVES Morita (myself included). Thanksfor the translation! Toma-kun is so cute! Seriously, I can't wait for the drama to start. I've been waiting for years for a drama adaption of HachiKuro and now that it's finally happening I'm growing impatient!

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Dec 28th, '07, 03:07

I'm not too sure Maki ever read the HK manga (if you really really want to know, then I can forward you to someone who would prob know). She doesn't seem like the manga reader type to be honest. However, being asked in interviews how they feel about certain characters from the drama/manga is pretty common -- I don't think it would be too hard to find something about it ne...
Thanks for that translation :-)

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Dec 28th, '07, 04:48

hahaha... i read the Hachkuro manga and i find it little skippy.. so i will watch the anime maybe after the drama... since i can't fit the anime in 1 week... and i don't want to start watching it and be watching the drama at the same time..

but i have to sya Morita is a weried character... and i think Hiroki can pull it off since his character is like Uyadan in Stand Up... Hiroki is a felexable actor...Toma should be too.. if Toma can pull this off..t he he can get any role...

southbound

Post by southbound » Dec 28th, '07, 06:49

yanie wrote:These are some stuffs I translated from the Official Website: http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/hachikuro/index.html

Thanks for the translation, yanie!

I love this:

"Morita Shinobu (Narimiya Hiroki), 7th year student of Sculpture Art..."

Haha I love Morita.

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 28th, '07, 08:01

thanks for the translation yanie.yup,toma in real life's more like morita and nakatsu.he and shun's the same type of person.that why they can be best friend.i kinda like morita as well because he's really hillarious. :D

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 28th, '07, 13:12

mezamashi news on hachikuro on youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Aiyw2HsQ4p8

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Dec 28th, '07, 18:44

wheeeee... Hiroki... i'm in love again.. i love Toma and Hiroki.. why does this have to spilt my heart apart with Toma and Hiroki in this show..

i always see Hiroki as Uyadan in Stand up so i see morita perfect for Hiroki

Li-Mei

Post by Li-Mei » Dec 28th, '07, 20:05

Ahh, i wonder how Narumi Riko will portray Hagumi. I think that Aoi Yuu pretty much matched Hagumi's personality and aura perfectly in the movie.

I hope that they use songs from Suga Shikao and Spitz as insert songs. :) I felt that the insert songs completed the anime.

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 29th, '07, 12:28

i think narumi will potray hagu very good as well.she's a very good actress.maybe just her mature looks is a bit of the problem.but they style her like hagu.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 29th, '07, 12:32

shes so young why does she look so mature!?

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 29th, '07, 13:20

Li-Mei wrote:Ahh, i wonder how Narumi Riko will portray Hagumi. I think that Aoi Yuu pretty much matched Hagumi's personality and aura perfectly in the movie.
yea, I thought before if Honey Clover got in drama, Aoi will be the perfect Hagumi, she's so cuteee..
Narumi, oh well, I dunno..

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 29th, '07, 16:39

Yorokobi wrote:shes so young why does she look so mature!?
yup,she has this mature looks.even though they dress her like hagu and make her hairstyle just likehagu she still has this mature face that she can't hide.but she's a good actress.i know she can act out hagu perfectly.

magincia

Post by magincia » Dec 29th, '07, 16:45

mingming96 wrote: yup,she has this mature looks.even though they dress her like hagu and make her hairstyle just likehagu she still has this mature face that she can't hide.but she's a good actress.i know she can act out hagu perfectly.
I agree on that too. But Hagu herself is age-wise messed up. When I started watching the anime I was beyond "what the hell?" when they said she was 18 years old. I would give her 12. She behaves totally like a child and not a teenager. Said that, Narumi having this mature look isn't that weird either; it feels more like her age... I guess

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Dec 29th, '07, 17:42

yah 10 more days!!!

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Dec 29th, '07, 23:54

thanks yanie for translating Toma's interview! I had fun reading it :D

I agree with you too about Morita's character being more like Toma's. I didn't know that Nari was shyer in real life, he always played the more outgoing characters I guess. I can't wait for it to air!!!

mingming96

Post by mingming96 » Dec 30th, '07, 03:12

magincia wrote:
mingming96 wrote: yup,she has this mature looks.even though they dress her like hagu and make her hairstyle just likehagu she still has this mature face that she can't hide.but she's a good actress.i know she can act out hagu perfectly.
I agree on that too. But Hagu herself is age-wise messed up. When I started watching the anime I was beyond "what the hell?" when they said she was 18 years old. I would give her 12. She behaves totally like a child and not a teenager. Said that, Narumi having this mature look isn't that weird either; it feels more like her age... I guess
hagu in the anime looks like 10 to me.so i would prefer fukuda mayuko to be hagu actually.i thought she's more suitable for hagu looks and everything.narumi's like too mature for a 15 years old.she looks way more than 15 to me.this is the reason why i like her other than she's a good actress.

fleng

Post by fleng » Dec 30th, '07, 04:10

Hagumi should be played by a midget, nuff said. lol.