[Discussion] Bara no nai Hanaya: Katori Shingo/Takeuchi Yuko

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Jaja

Post by Jaja » Apr 4th, '08, 01:18

Thank you Love Song for providing the english hardsubs. I had a great time watching this jdorama.

I love the part when Eiji was proposing his love to the field of roses :wub:

Some of you may feel it so lame but I can't help it I love that scene :wub:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 4th, '08, 07:26

Jaja wrote:Thank you Love Song for providing the english hardsubs. I had a great time watching this jdorama.

I love the part when Eiji was proposing his love to the field of roses :wub:

Some of you may feel it so lame but I can't help it I love that scene :wub:
The only scene that is worth to re-watch from the finale :whistling:

fleng

Post by fleng » Apr 4th, '08, 17:54

Yo thanks Love Song for doing a great job on the hardsub of this dorama. One of my top picks of this season. :)

Enjoyed the ending, everything worked out great.

Eiji is always there to help an anonymous soldier.

Kae

Post by Kae » Apr 7th, '08, 05:43

I :wub: this drama. My favorite is episode eight where
Shizuku tested Eiji's love by making Eiji find her among female students wearing masks
You know when you've seen a good drama and you want a bit more? Two or three times in the last episode i said to myself that the scene is good and "ah, it's the end" then here comes the next scene which is good, too so it felt like i got a bit more which at the end i feel really
satisfied.

Ruisai7

Post by Ruisai7 » Apr 7th, '08, 08:58

Wow after finishing, thanks for a beautiful ending.

Its nice to have a complete story with a happy ending, Yay for everyone! especially Mio-san, was cheering for her till the end. Well I don't understand how some people felt it was a cheesy or a bad ending, were you guys watching the same drama? I personally thought if they had pulled some aweful twist at the end like alot of the endings nowadays it would of killed the flow. The ending was executed well above what I had imagined. A great closure to a great Drama!

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Apr 7th, '08, 20:23

For some reason the scene of the intervention ( when they save that kid from the abusive parents ) stayed in my mind the most. I haven't seen such a powerful scene in a dorama before. Even the cinematography of that scene was unique for a dorama.

Daish

Post by Daish » Apr 9th, '08, 00:27

Saw the final ep recently, so i'll comment a bit.
Overall elements of the ending was fine to me, the execution was very cheesy. I'm sure someone mentioned that operation room screaming, I was laughing more than crying/tense during that scene. I agree that it was way too long, took longer for them to "wrap it up" than for the story to end in the final episode imo. They definitely left alot of things open for SP such as the person who came to the flower store and everyone's like stunned (shocked face). I'm not totally convinced it was that kid they saved.

Oh well, in the end it was a very enjoyable series.

littlemafia

Post by littlemafia » Apr 10th, '08, 14:36

i loved watching this drama a lot...
enjoy with the process of the drama.. :thumright:
yeah.. i'm touched too when Shizuku test Eiji's love.. i'm cried.. :cry:

i really recommend this drama for everyone to watch..
i know when the hospital part is bit 'not real'..but still i looooooved this drama..

i wish this drama hv more episodes.. so sad its finished..
hopefully i can watch more good dramas
:salut:

baibaiman

Post by baibaiman » Apr 14th, '08, 10:00

One of the best drama that I watched after Proposal Daisakusen and Dream Again.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 19th, '08, 02:53

I thought this is funny :D Shingo talk about the last filming of Bara in radio program.

Stop The SMAP
April 14th, Shingo

translated by Yanie

(song)

Saa, saa~! It was Nakai-kun until last week, and now this is Katori Shingo! Stop The SMAP has start! April 14th! We just started with Kylie Minogue's Lucky Love!

So, the baton has been passed over from Nakai-kun. It's time for Katori Shingo's appearance! Ee... Bara no nai Hanaya has finished, so Katori Shingo has come back to Bunka Hoso(*STS radio station)! I'm sure, even if it's over there'll be talks about Bara no nai Hanaya here... or, maybe that's just my wish. It's over and I feel that it has been 1 month since then, but the truth is... it has been 1-2 weeks only! I'm surprised! Let's start, SMAP's night with Katori Shingo!

Saa, saa... this is a fax from Akiko-chan.

"Konnichiwa, Moe desu. What Moe? (laughs) Ee... I've watched Bara no nai Hanaya's last episode. It really moved me. Eiji-san's last words had really left such a deep impression in my heart! I think I've really found such a wonderful drama. I still can't take off my mind of it. Eiji and Shizuku-chan's scenes, I really felt the bond that has surpassed any other parent-child bond, I was in tears. And then, the kissing scene at the rose garden. It was such a beautiful scene! The two of you were surrounded by roses, and looked so compatible! It must've been quite a while for you to do a kissing scene in dramas or movies. Even me, a woman, thinks that Takeuchi-san is really pretty. What about Shingo-kun? How do you see her?"

Thank you very much! So, the last words left a deep impression. It was, "sore demo jinsei wa subarashii!" (even so, life is great!) I was working hard to be able to recite that line. I had to recall all the sorrow scenes to recite that line. In fact, Eiji-kun had been able to go through all those troubles, coz he always had that line at the bottom of his heart, don't you think? Sore demo jinsei wa subarashii!

And... we've found such a wonderful drama. Yes, it is really a wonderful drama, for me. And I met with everyone, too. Casts, the staffs, I met with minna-san! Then, the scenes with Shizuku, a bond beyond parent-child bond, that has made you in tears! Sou da nee... I've promised Shizuku to write a letter to her. She was looking forward to it. I said, after a month passed, I'll send a letter. But it has not been a month, can't wait till a month passed and I want to write the letter soon. (laughs)

Also... the kissing scene at the rose garden! Yaa... it was beautiful... Sou, it has been a long time since I get a human role. So it has been a long time since a kissing scene, ne. Nn~, Takeuchi Yuko-san! So Yuko-chan is pretty, even from a woman's eyes. Of course!! ...ah, sorry!!(to say this) Really.... kirei(beautiful)! Kawaii(cute)! Suteki(pretty) desu!!

...really, ne. Yaa...mou...ne, it's over. The last episode's on-air is over. It's been a while since then. But, if you let me... may I say just one thing? Is it okay to say this?

At the rose garden. The kissing scene. Aishitemasu. I love you. Aishiteru. Aishiteru!!! And slowly... I kissed her!! CUT! OK! Takeuchi Yuko-san, is a wrap~!!! (sings) Anaaata to, futari de~ (ends) Otsukaresama deshitaaaa~~!!! (thank you for your hard work)

It ended there! I had more filmings after that, though... But, how should I say this?! ...I mean, I finally said it there! "Aishiteru". Then... "CUT! OK! Takeuchi Yuko-san is a wraa~ap!". Can anyone understand this lonely feeling I feel here?

(song: Zutto Issho sa by Yamashita Tatsuro)

It was painful, naa~ It was a memory that I rarely experience, ne! Dramas really makes you love her for real. Really... came to love her...then confess these feelings to her... Then, somehow, it's like something happened between you and her. Memories by memories collected... I love you...

"CUT! OK! It's a wraaap!" (laughs) Unbelievable, ne~

source: http://smapon.blog8.fc2.com/

For SmaTimes printed edition, on March 23rd. Shingo drew a sketch of Takeuchi Yuko's face, the theme was the most beautiful women in the world, and Takeuchi is the most beautiful woman in the world for Shingo, so he drew the sketch.

I think he drew the sketch while looking at Takeuchi's official website: http://www.stardust.co.jp/rooms/yuko/index.html

sharnyo

English subs

Post by sharnyo » Apr 24th, '08, 08:03

Hi,

Does anyone have the SRT file for the English sub?
Watched the RAW but my non-japanese friend wanted to watch it too.

Thanks.

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Apr 24th, '08, 10:28

Don't think there are softsubs, only hardsubs.

Yeah, some parts were quite melodramatic and didn't work so well, like the operation scene, but overall I think it was a good drama. I'll always remember the choppy dialogue style and the cinematography that gave it a good feel. Motokariya Yuika (even though she never had any scenes with anyone else) and Yagi Yuuki as Shizuku stood out. She does resemble Dakota Fanning, eh.

Oh yes, somebody asked this sometime back. The piece Anzai was playing in ep6 is Liszt's Liebesträume (Dreams of Love) No. 3. Btw, the pieces that Kamiyama and then Anzai played - eps 9 and 10 I think - were from Schubert's 4 Impromptus (op. 90/D899), Nos. 2 and 3 respectively. All music I like :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 24th, '08, 12:18

Japanese Academy Award Winter 2008

Best Supporting Actress: Takeuchi Yuko
Best Themesong: Zutto Issho sa by Yamashita Tatsuro

Katori Shingo is runner-up for Best Leading Actor, lost to Okada Junichi. Bara is also runner-up for Best Drama, lost to SP. Too bad :-(

I'm not sure about Best Script award, though.

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Apr 24th, '08, 21:47

yanie wrote:Japanese Academy Award Winter 2008

Best Supporting Actress: Takeuchi Yuko
Best Themesong: Zutto Issho sa by Yamashita Tatsuro

Katori Shingo is runner-up for Best Leading Actor, lost to Okada Junichi. Bara is also runner-up for Best Drama, lost to SP. Too bad :-(

I'm not sure about Best Script award, though.
CONGRATS YUKO-SAN :cheers:
Well done Bara...and Katori-san...better luck next time!! :thumright:

shijin

Post by shijin » Jun 28th, '08, 10:55

After I read somewhere that this dorama was this season's highlight I decided to download and watch it. At first, the story didn't seem to appealing to me, but after watching the first episode I was already really drawn into it!
As I caught the flu I watched the whole dorama in a row (like 4-5 eps a day) and now I finished watching the finale.
Some of my thoughts:
Somehow the ending might seem cheesy, as many suggested here, I agree. But I also get the feeling that any other ending wouldn't have been satisfactory (to me at least) so I can say I'm really happy about the way it turned out.
The hospital scene really leads to think that they overdid it quite a bit, I started feeling silly while watching it, definitely a bit less extreme would have suited the dorama much better. However, this didn't change my overall impression of the dorama.
Well, that's just my five cents. I'm glad I have almost the same opinion as most other people. And also I'm surprised about how much guesswork from some of you guys really came out to be true! :w00t:
Anyhow, it really was a nice dorama and I can recommend it to anybody that's not totally averse to romance doramas!

Cloudx7

Post by Cloudx7 » Aug 10th, '08, 03:45

started watching this, and i just watched episode 2.

There's this part in episode 2 where 2 girls are singing at the goukon, and i was just wondering if anyone knows that song. I know that I've heard it before, i just can't remember if i heard it from another drama, or if i just heard it before. does anyone know the name of the song and if it was in any other dramas/shows

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 10th, '08, 09:07

Cloudx7 wrote:started watching this, and i just watched episode 2.

There's this part in episode 2 where 2 girls are singing at the goukon, and i was just wondering if anyone knows that song. I know that I've heard it before, i just can't remember if i heard it from another drama, or if i just heard it before. does anyone know the name of the song and if it was in any other dramas/shows
You mean at the karaoke, right? It's Yokogao by aiko, Hotaru no Hikari's themesong.

Cloudx7

Post by Cloudx7 » Aug 11th, '08, 06:43

lol that's why i know it. thanks, i hate it when i can't think of where i've heard the song before.

thebattlefactory

Bara no nai Hanaya Subtitles???

Post by thebattlefactory » Aug 27th, '08, 17:13

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find subtitles for Bara no nai Hanaya? I know Love Song released the series with hardsubs but I prefer the softsubs because I can work on my Japanese listening skills without the translations. BTW, does anyone know where I can purchase genuine Japanese dramas on blu ray at a store in Calgary or Vancouver, Canada? Thank you so much! Cheers! :lol

Rori

Post by Rori » Aug 27th, '08, 17:50

There are no softsubs for Bara no nai Hanaya as far as I know. Either Love Song's or nothing else.

As for your second question, I have no idea.

thebattlefactory

Post by thebattlefactory » Aug 27th, '08, 18:21

Thanks Rori! I guess I'll have to back track and start again with Love Song's. The Japanese started getting a little too intense for me by episode 2... Damn... I've been studying Japanese for six years and I still have the comprehension of a Japanese kindergarten. とにかくありがとう。

Felguard

Post by Felguard » Sep 13th, '08, 23:40

Yeah, I think there's only hardsubs for this one. The last episode was pretty emotional. Overall, the drama was alright.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Feb 18th, '09, 12:58

Who would have thought anything related to Boys Over Flowers right now will get me to end up finding this drama. Was searching something about BOF (korean) and then it went to looking for info about Matsuda Shota and the title of this drama caught my attention. For one, it's one of the few I haven't seen and that Takeuchi Yoko stars on it. The last thing I've seen her was Lunch Queen and Pride.

Watched ep1 and 2 so far and its mysteriousness is interesting. The blindness being fake was surprising. I'm speculating that the doctor is somehow related to Florist-san's deceased wife, but going so far as ruining his life for that is ridiculous. Hmm, also Matsuda Shota has been casted in so many host / cool person roles. Hmm, he needs to show more of his emotions. Good drama overall, will be watching more later.

PiaHawk

Post by PiaHawk » Feb 22nd, '09, 01:28

Just finished it, I loved it.
I agree that hospital scene was a little over the top. I actually started laughing at that part, b/c it reminded me of "halu is crying!" from pride.

But besides that, I thought this was an amazing amazing drama. All the plot twists were great, and everything was resolved nicely in the end. The confession in the rose garden scene was so nice :wub:

Another scene that looked really cool, it was in an earlier episode where mio was crying in the rain and all these kids with umbrellas run past her. It looked really beautiful.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Feb 22nd, '09, 07:33

Also just finished it.

What I love the most about this drama is the relationship of father and daughter and Katori Shingo's character (forgot his name here) confession to Mio. Soo sweet and touching. Though the ending did kind of got cheesy, but glad it was a happy ending. I've had enough of tragic endings.

reiayanami451

Post by reiayanami451 » Apr 30th, '09, 19:04

Just started it...

Very cute drama, I just fell in love with the little Shizuku... I was very touched by the first episode and the relationship between the father and the daughter.

The only thing that I didn't like was Mio not being really blind... I found that a little "too much". I hope that part of the plot will be well used in the next episodes...

See you guys, I am just about to start the 2nd episode...

Ciao :D

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » May 4th, '09, 02:46

I absolutely loved this drama! All the characters did an excellent job and I agree that it was a little cheesy near the end but good cheesy. And Shizuku is SO ADORABLE!! She's such a smart and thoughtful girl.

yopakfu

Post by yopakfu » May 14th, '09, 04:19

Just finished it...

Wow, how I love and respect Shingo's character, what a man. That's all I'm gonna say. It was fantastic to see such a character like him, he was just SO kind all the time.
In the end, at his birthday party, he finally cried. But yet he kind of refused to have that happiness with everyone else. I was really thinking and crying: 'It's okay now... It's alright to be happy.' :)

One of my favourite drama's now!

Cheesy ending? What kinda BS is that?

citrone

Post by citrone » May 14th, '09, 10:08

I also finished this series last week and love it absolutely! Yuki was marvelous..

I love the ending also. It was nice that thew wrap it like that! :)

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 30th, '09, 20:24

Bara no nai Hanaya
What a wonderful drama! *Praises Nomija Shinji and other staff*
Well acted, beautifully filmed, good soundtrack.
Shizuku (Yagi Yuki), what cute child. The scene where she took off her hood in episode 1 was so sad. :(
Also does anyone know what cellphones they use in the drama?

I loved this scene in episode 5
Where Master-san and Eiji are talking about that Eiji should take Mio to see a classical concert! :D
Master-san: Eiji.
Eiji: Yes.
Master-san: If you get rejected...
Master-san: ..You might die.
Eiji: Yes?
(Ouch, is he being threatened, or maybe Master-san knows something)

Followed by a scene with a bathing Matsuda Shota! :w00t:
And episode 7
Talking to Shizuku about living with her Grandfather.
Shizuku: Why? Is it because I'm willful? Is it because I'm too naggy?
*silence*
*a little shorter silence*
Eiji: You're too much of a bother.
And the face of Shizuku poor girl :cry:

And Eiji saying he doesn't want to go to court no matter what. He chooses to give up Shizuku so the past isn't brought up.
Episode 8
The beginning scene with all girls wearing hoods. *Feel no pressure, no pressure at all.* :lol:
Episode 10
Poor Naoya, I guess all he wanted was to be loved. :( What a ending of episode 10!

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Jun 13th, '09, 18:39

Another nice show for Yuko. I found the surgery scene with her father particularly heart felt... :wub: Then she does convey the emotional feel in such scenes well. :thumleft:

flamethunder85

Post by flamethunder85 » Jun 13th, '09, 19:05

Me too..just finished it last week and I love it..The theme song has stucked in my head for a few days already :roll

RGVEDA81

Post by RGVEDA81 » Nov 21st, '09, 18:45

Hi :)

Could someone please seed Episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 11? That would be wonderful!!!

RGVEDA

fleng

Post by fleng » Nov 22nd, '09, 05:24

RGVEDA81 wrote:Hi :)

Could someone please seed Episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 11? That would be wonderful!!!

RGVEDA
go to Jdrama Livejournal and find the megaupload links for each episodes.

RGVEDA81

Post by RGVEDA81 » Nov 22nd, '09, 08:58

Thank you :)

RGVEDA