[Discussion] Bara no nai Hanaya: Katori Shingo/Takeuchi Yuko

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 7th, '08, 01:42

A japanese fan at 2-channel claimed that she saw the filming of one of the scene for the LAST EPISODE, and this is what she said...
"I saw it! A scene for the last episode! It was beautiful, kinda similar to Ima Ai ni Yukimasu! Eiji and Mio kissing scene in the middle of a vast garden of red roses!"

Reliable percentage is 0%. But, let's pray it'll come true^^ If this is true, then I'm thinking that the New Cinema Paradise ending is for Kamiyama Shun character, maybe he'll be watching kanojo's video letters alone.

voth

Post by voth » Mar 7th, '08, 02:02

That would explain a few things (from previous posts). Let's hope that at least part of that is correct.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 7th, '08, 03:18

voth wrote:That would explain a few things (from previous posts). Let's hope that at least part of that is correct.
They said that "Takeuchi Yuko is going to or was filming at a Rose Garden in a small town", is a confirmed information. But whether or not with Katori, whether or not they kiss, are un-confirmed :D Nevertheless all the fans are already all hyped up about it.

voth

Post by voth » Mar 7th, '08, 03:38

yanie wrote:
voth wrote:That would explain a few things (from previous posts). Let's hope that at least part of that is correct.
They said that "Takeuchi Yuko is going to or was filming at a Rose Garden in a small town", is a confirmed information. But whether or not with Katori, whether or not they kiss, are un-confirmed :D Nevertheless all the fans are already all hyped up about it.
As I mentioned I hope at least half of what was reported is right. As for...
Nevertheless all the fans are already all hyped up about it.

I would have used the word rabid (picture Cujo) and not hyped.I haven't see so much fan interaction for a japanese show in a long time.

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Mar 7th, '08, 10:57

Ep.7 OMG. :O

Great Drama. Can't wait for the next one.

Daish

Post by Daish » Mar 8th, '08, 06:21

Has takeuchi always been quite good at acting? (like here) or maybe "you" feel her role isn't THAT demanding... from memory, most of her past roles were cherry cheerfuls weren't they, but she's done fine in those roles.... usually being as pretty as her helps in cheerful roles :lol: ?

heck even with this role, she's somewhat been typed casted, not much variation. Oh well

And yes I'm loving this series, don't want guess too much at the plot as everyone seems to be significantlly ahead of me (only finished 7). In retrospect the twist at the end of 7 should have been somewhat predictable, but i'm afraid the series will take a wrong turn after this twist.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 8th, '08, 09:45

I don't know about Takeuchi acting cheerful in every drama/movie. I saw her in several of them and she wasn't that cheery. Like "Ima ai ni yukimasu", "Yomigaeri", "Tengoku no Honya" and "Pride". It's true she doesn't have a large variety of roles. I think her different one is probably her current movie Team Batista no Eikou maybe. It would be interesting if she could pull off a villain role with a sweet face ^^;

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 9th, '08, 05:52

To voth:
Ha... rabid ne~ I guess so. There are many interesting Japanese blogs on the drama, indeed. It has such a big scale fanbase in Japan, I think. People who didn't like Katori Shingo and/or Takeuchi Yuko in the first place, even watch the drama and has changed their opinion about them. Those who didn't like Nojima Shinji's stories, somehow came to like "Bara no nai Hanaya" x)

A very good blog on "Bara", if you can read Japanese:
http://www.alived.com/blog/

It provides particular dialogues, kanojo's video letters' lines, all the mystery and riddles to be solved, for every episode. Complete informations on the drama. Bits and pieces of the drama too. Like the title of the books Master had been reading in the cafe. The piano piece title that Anzai played. Interesting fact that Katori Shingo and Nojima Shinji had work on a children illustrated storybook in mid-2007 before, Nojima Shinji wrote the story, Shingo drew the illustrations.

A site on Bara's outdoor filming locations:
http://www.loc-rose.com/

Thanks to this site, I was able to find the spot where Eiji and Mio stood in the end of episode 3, at Shibuya station :P I was so happy when I found it, "Ahhh~ that's where Eiji and Mio stood!!", lol.

Not just that... there's a group of fanatic Shingo-Yuko shippers too, at 2-channel, and they insisted that there must be something between the two in real-life (based on what they said in mags, interactions in variety shows, etc etc).

So... yeah, rabid :lol

Ah, one more thing... I went to FujiTV building, Odaiba yesterday and I found ROSE CAFE on the first floor. One whole cafe dedicated to the drama. They have framed exclusive pictures and posters on the wall, big roses decoration and an all-red atmosphere. Very interesting. Those who live in Tokyo, or gonna visit Tokyo, I recommend to visit this cafe :P My friend took some pictures of it... let's see if I can put it up here.

piston

Post by piston » Mar 9th, '08, 06:24

Yanie,

Thanks for the great posts and uploads. I just saw this thread since I was looking for Bara-related stuff.

Takeuchi Yuko is one of my fav Japanese actress. So I am glad to see this drama especially during the winter months.

KissedInuyasha

Post by KissedInuyasha » Mar 9th, '08, 12:24

I'm just really excited about Tamayama being in episode 8, since he was the first Japanese actor I "crushed" on. But this is the first JDrama in a while that's made me want to look up spoilers (though I'm trying not to) The plot is so unpredictable, I love it. It has depth to it, I haven't seen one in a while that was like this. Though it really hasn't shocked me yet.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 9th, '08, 14:14

JUST FOR FUN^^

These are from unreliables sources and ungrounded spoilers from the "Bara no nai Hanaya Spoiler" thread at 2-channel. There are some people claiming that they are the drama staffs and know the story. Whether or not it's true... well, again this is just FOR FUN.

DO NOT read if you believe that they are really the staffs! :lol
-Naoya and Kamiyama Shun, the surgeon, are brothers.

-There will be a scene that shows Shun is good at sports.

-Shizuku dies at the end.

-Mio decided to resign from being a nurse, and disappear from Eiji's sight. With no hint, Eiji searches for her... and whether or not he can find her, we'll find out in the last episode.

-Eiji was abused by his parents in childhood, he was forced to steal, etc... but he never murder anyone.

-The last scene at the rose garden has been finished. It was Eiji and Mio's kissing scene surrounded by roses, like a scene in "Ima Ai ni Yukimasu".

-Another person said, that there was only Takeuchi Yuko in the rose garden scene. And the last scene was not this.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 9th, '08, 14:23

This I can believe is true. After watching raw of ep8, I heard Naoya mention a brother. Since his dad can't be the evil doctor and he's a doctor's son. It makes sense Shun is his brother.

I don't see the importance of this scene...but maybe that's how Shizuku's mom fell for him

I can't believe that...

-Mio decided to resign from being a nurse, and disappear from Eiji's sight. With no hint, Eiji searches for her... and whether or not he can find her, we'll find out in the last episode.
Seems true from the previews at the end of ep8.

-Eiji was abused by his parents in childhood, he was forced to steal, etc... but he never murder anyone.
That seems to be a given

voth

Post by voth » Mar 9th, '08, 18:41

seirin wrote:

This I can believe is true. After watching raw of ep8, I heard Naoya mention a brother. Since his dad can't be the evil doctor and he's a doctor's son. It makes sense Shun is his brother.

I don't see the importance of this scene...but maybe that's how Shizuku's mom fell for him

I can't believe that...

Seems true from the previews at the end of ep8.

That seems to be a given
Response to Seirin & yanie's comments - If you don't want to know, move along.
This seems very likely, as seirin pointed out from the end episode 8. - Not like I want to see it happen...but oh well.

Again this make sense, heck looking at them they look like brothers in real life.

WTF!!! - What would be the point in this? If Eiji wasn't emotionally crippled already from being abused as a child (if that is in fact the case. I'm leaning towards it being true since he had knowledge of the center and how it would work for Shogo in episode 4.) he'll be one for sure if that happens.

-The last scene at the rose garden has been finished. It was Eiji and Mio's kissing scene surrounded by roses, like a scene in "Ima Ai ni Yukimasu".
If this is case I wonder how they are planning on working it in between all the other drama that is sure to swallow us before the last episode.

defeated

Post by defeated » Mar 10th, '08, 02:01

check out the flash MP3 player I made~

Defeated's Seat Potato Diary
(the player is on the bottom of the page)
if you wanna pause it just simply click on it...
and it plays 4 songs in the OST as below(in order):
Zuto Issusa
The Flower Shop Without Roses Theme
Smile Like a Flower
& Dandelion

This one only has simple function so didn't take me too much time,

I wanna make a complex one LOL
but o well ~ I think I am lazy now ^^"
Enjoy~!

kvertand

Post by kvertand » Mar 11th, '08, 02:34

aaah, nice job, defeated

episode 9
so 'kanojo' has a name at last. it's interesting that they waited until the ninth episode to say it, I wonder why? until now she has been the only real 'nameless soldier'.

this episode would seem to show Eiji hit rock-bottom, he must feel as though he has truly lost everything. his dream, his home, shizuku, and now mio...he's probably the loneliest that he's been since that fateful day in the maternity ward, only this time instead of a single rose he came carrying a bundle.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 11th, '08, 02:58

ROSE CAFE, FujiTV building, 1st floor, Odaiba, Tokyo.

pic credits to pegsball

Fuurin

Episode 9

Post by Fuurin » Mar 11th, '08, 03:04

After the startling revelation of episode 7 and the hints of a darker twist in 8, things settle down quite a bit this time out.
Master advises Eiji to tell Mio how much he loves her. Eiji buys the bouquet of flowers, but as in many a Jdrama, he can't get up the nerve to tell her. This seems even more idiotic because Mio has made her answer so clear. She almost begs him to say it. "You are so strong. I'm OK, you say. You let everyone go, Shizuku, me. You don't believe anyone. You don't love anyone." Now we know for sure the two of them will get together.

Just as I expected, Shun didn't know that Ruri was pregnant, that she loved him, scarcely even remembers her. He'd made up his mind to go abroad, and left it to Eiji to tell Ruri he was breaking it off. Eiji didn't have the heart to tell her, but who can blame him? Perhaps she died of a broken heart, but this is hardly Eiji's fault. Even Mio laughed when she asked Eiji if he had killed Ruri.

Now Anzai knows what a great guy Eiji is, but he has yet to make a move to apologize. I guess he doesn't want to admit his mistake, but even so, you'd hope he'd make some move before too long here.

Shun still doesn't know about Shizuku, but it looks like the next episode will see a confrontation with Anzai at least. Shun himself comes off as really shallow. when told that Ruri was Anzai's daughter he makes a crack about wishing he'd stayed with her so he could get a good position at the hospital.

I guess it's possible that Naoya could be Shun's brother, but somehow I can't see Shizuku dying at the end. The main complication from here on in is going to be Mio leaving, and Eiji getting up the courage to go after her.
The latest episodes just blaze down on Share EX2. Here are two hashes for Episode 9:

de66e7174db31a99e0a4e0c94c4c27289340dfcd
4af9ff20db694ba4ea4f851cdfaff18243f7a7c0

You can read my Share Tutorial if you've never used Share before, and want to give it a try.

defeated

Post by defeated » Mar 12th, '08, 02:09

lol
Watched EP 9 yesterday...
just watched the subbed one...
PICS~~

I am not quite sure why Mio decided to tell Eiji about the truth (of course he already knew it) but it was kind of awkward to bring it up right there...

Shun is really cold blooded= =" he doesn't love Ruri at all...hardly remembered her... as we all predicted he didn't know that Ruri was really pregnant (but she did tell him...he just simply didn't believe her) Eiji wasn't trying to be mean...he just wanted to stay by her side and doesn't wanna hurt her, but of course that doesn't mean he is innocent...so that is why he thinks that he killed Ruri..

think about the little details in this drama... there are lots of places where reminded me of PRIDE (the ribbon on the key, when Mio said "da le mo aishite nai", and the Shun returning...) probably it's mostly because of Yuko ~lol~ maybe...

I saw people who replied on else where is leaving comments about Mio leaving Eiji... I think it is pretty realistic that's all, after all Mio isn't truely sure about Eiji's true feelings towards her, he never denies anything about "the truth" he want to bear all the burden when it was not all his fault,plus Eiji didn't have the courage to tell her "don't leave me, I love you" ... Mio tried to get Eiji to talk for himself...but still he isn't that kind of person... (again, we see the "PRIDE story" where the girl doesn't trust the guy...)

Anzai knows about Shun's true identity as Shizuku's father... what will happen to Mio's father? >"<"
I hope Eiji would have the guts to go and confess to Mio... but I think it'll probably happen at the last episode- -"...
I want to watch the next EP sooo badly....

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 13th, '08, 06:08

Did anyone noticed that right at the end of Episode 9, the 2nd verse of the "Zutto Issho sa" song was played, for the first time?

Now that I pay attention to the lyrics... it has such a high possibility that it could be the clues to the ending of the drama...

2nd verse lyrics:
傷付いた 心のかけらを
ひとつ残らずひろって
愛という 不思議なジグソー
つなぐ欠片(ピース)を探すよ

本当の強さは「ひとりじゃない」って言えること
風の中で寄り添う 花のように 秘めやかに

あなたとふたりで 生きて行けたら
何度でも生まれ変われる
たどリ着いた 僕らの場所で
ずっと ずっと 一緒さ

I'm really not good in translating lyrics, this is just the rough translation...

Pieces of the hurt and broken heart
Pick it up without leaving even a piece of it
"LOVE" is a miracle jigsaw puzzle
Just search for the pieces that connects them together

The real strength is "not being alone"
In the wind breeze, we draw closer just like flowers in a hidden place

If it means I can spend the rest of my life with you
I'll change who I am
We have finally arrived in our place
Forever, forever... Together

やっぱり、幸せな結末か~ 薔薇園のキスシーンも本当かも~ :P

voth

Post by voth » Mar 13th, '08, 21:01

yanie wrote:Did anyone noticed that right at the end of Episode 9, the 2nd verse of the "Zutto Issho sa" song was played, for the first time?

Now that I pay attention to the lyrics... it has such a high possibility that it could be the clues to the ending of the drama...

2nd verse lyrics:
傷付いた 心のかけらを
ひとつ残らずひろって
愛という 不思議なジグソー
つなぐ欠片(ピース)を探すよ

本当の強さは「ひとりじゃない」って言えること
風の中で寄り添う 花のように 秘めやかに

あなたとふたりで 生きて行けたら
何度でも生まれ変われる
たどリ着いた 僕らの場所で
ずっと ずっと 一緒さ

I'm really not good in translating lyrics, this is just the rough translation...

Pieces of the hurt and broken heart
Pick it up without leaving even a piece of it
"LOVE" is a miracle jigsaw puzzle
Just search for the pieces that connects them together

The real strength is "not being alone"
In the wind breeze, we draw closer just like flowers in a hidden place

If it means I can spend the rest of my life with you
I'll change who I am
We have finally arrived in our place
Forever, forever... Together

やっぱり、幸せな結末か~ 薔薇園のキスシーンも本当かも~ :P
Thanks for the translation. It seems everything connected to this series is a possible hint as to what could happen before the series ends.

I'm very curious to see if any of the 'spoilers' (you posted a few days ago) are going to actually happen.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 14th, '08, 01:40

voth wrote:I'm very curious to see if any of the 'spoilers' (you posted a few days ago) are going to actually happen.
At least, this really happened:
-There will be a scene that shows Shun is good at sports :D

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Mar 14th, '08, 22:00

Thanks for the translation of the ending song Yanie...
now I'm really looking forward to the ending as I'm almost certain it'll be a happy ending for Eiji and Mio...surely he will do something that is not typical Eiji to bring her back to his side!!

Also the fact that Eiji was going to give Mio 'roses', doesn't signify something stronger than if it was just a bunch of flowers??

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 15th, '08, 03:09

When Master said, "Do it with A true Japanese man's mighty strike of "I Love You", no... "Aishiteru"..."

I loooove Eiji's expression when he said, "Hai", like silently expressing, "Alriiiight, LET'S DO IT!!!" :D

While Eiji prepared a bouquet of rose, stupid-Mio decided to leave a farewell note instead xP

I wonder if Bara no nai Hanaya will be Bara shika nai Hanaya (A Flower Shop with ONLY Roses) at the end?? :lol
Last edited by yanie on Mar 15th, '08, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 15th, '08, 16:31

I made a music video of Bara^^ Doozo~

Title: La Vie en Rose ~Bara shoku no Jinsei~
Size: 90 MB
Duration: 5 mins 25 secs
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mmkyyxl01q2
Comments: Clips from 9 episodes available! Do not watch if you don't want to be spoiled!

voth

Post by voth » Mar 16th, '08, 03:48

yanie wrote:I made a music video of Bara^^ Doozo~

Title: La Vie en Rose ~Bara shoku no Jinsei~
Size: 90 MB
Duration: 5 mins 25 secs
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mmkyyxl01q2
Comments: Clips from 9 episodes available! Do not watch if you don't want to be spoiled!
I'll add my thanks for your hard work.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Mar 17th, '08, 11:14

Well, I guess they're still filming the final episode... The cast showed up LIVE a few seconds ago on the Ganbatta Taisho, and they're still filming.

It's a bit of a shame that they don't put much time into post production.

WOW!!! THEY ACTUALLY MADE A SET FOR THE SHOW... the flower shop and the neighborhood around it is an actual set; amazing (for a Japanese production)... and then they used 17 tons of water for the ending scene in the first episode...

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Mar 17th, '08, 12:57

...and, wow... Talk about evil.

I really hope that crows swoop down at the end of the next episode and pick out the Kamiyama character's eye balls.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 17th, '08, 15:21

Loved the "Bara no nai Hanaya Research Special" in Ganbatta Taishow!!

On last episode's preview...
So Mio's father died??
Shingo said, he is satisfied with the ending ne =P

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 18th, '08, 03:19

Bikkurishita~ Last night's episode got 19.4%! Most people thinks that this week is Bara's final episode coz most dramas' final is in this week....

Btw, somehow, I feel disappointed with the story since Ep9. It was all good up to Ep8... then...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 18th, '08, 04:39

Bara no nai Hanaya novelized book will be released. A hard-cover book.

Hard cover: 240 pages
Publish co: Shogakukan
Language: Japanese
ISBN-10: 4093862133
ISBN-13: 978-4093862134
Release date: 2008/3/26
Price: 1365 yen

Fuurin

Episode 10

Post by Fuurin » Mar 18th, '08, 05:21

I was talking with a Japanese friend about this series, and she said two things. One that like all Nojima's dramas it was くらああい (daaaark!). And also that it was one of the most absorbing dramas in recent memory. This episode lives up to both.

Some of Nojima's dramas (e.g. Subarashiki kana jinsei) have these wonderful uplifting monologues where people confess their love like they mean it, but
this time there is no happiness, almost no music at all, just this downward spiral as Naoya gets beaten up, Eiji mulls over the possibility of giving up Shizuku, and Mio and Anzai drive away the only one who can help Mio's father.

The central revelation is that Eiji knew that Shun had lost the ability to trust, but harbored this hope that Ruri could turn Shun's life around, bring him out of his shell in a way no one else had. Again and again, Eiji shows this ability to trust people who seem cold or heartless, be it Shun, Mio or Anzai.

The ending is a bit strange this time. Shun asks Eiji to tell Shizuku that he is not her real father, assuming that he won't do it, trying to prove that Eiji really doesn't trust people either. Shun has showed little interest in Shizuku, and no sympathy at all for Mio. Mio for her part does not push Shun into the fight with Anzai, indeed tries to avoid it, but when Anzai asks her if she approves, she nods "Hai!" clearly sympathizing with Anzai's accusations that Shun is a man who cannot love.

Luckily, Shun sticks around in the airport long enough to watch if Eiji tells Shizuku. If Shun had half a heart, he'd stop Eiji, and just go save Mio's father's life. At least we get to see the groundwork for Eiji and Mio getting back together.
Is next week the last episode? I can't wait.

Here's two Share hashes for the episode 10 RAW:

c4e494c98d10409686d8702ad09b453abc21ebaa
626MB avi from 61WvVIYUzM

e0645b18b9ecc77682187c5937e615b733f1a91c
975MB avi from NOBOXHYRvGooJyc
Last edited by Fuurin on Mar 20th, '08, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 19th, '08, 16:37

Various Ending Versions
by japanese fans at 2-channel forum

*Spoilers UP TO Episode 10!*

-In the end, 10 years later, Eiji and Shizuku gets married. It's alright, coz they are not related by blood.

-Before Mio's father dies, he give his last message to Mio, "Mio... the truth is... I am not your real father. Your real father is your mother's lover. He is the surgeon doctor, Anzai..."

-Eiji: "Shizuku... I'm not your real father..."
Shizuku: "Un, I know already, since long time ago. Daddy's blood type is O. Mine is AB. The doctor in school told me it's impossible that daddy is my real father."

-Hishida's 2 sons are actually... Anzai and Shun...

-Happy endings for:
Eiji and Mio
Shizuku and Shogo(the boy in Ep3 and 4)
Master and Ono-sensei
Anzai and Hishida
Naoya and Shun....

-At the end, Eiji, Mio and Shizuku lives together happily. Two minutes before the ending titleback, Eiji and Mio are alone in a room talking about Ruri. Suddenly the television comes on itself, and Ruri appear on the screen. Suddenly she comes out off the screen, attacking Eiji and Mio. Then, the two are gone from sight. Ending titleback rolls.
After that, a scene of the TV comes on itself again. But its not Ruri on the screen... it's Mio. And when Mio introduce the cameraman, it's Eiji smiling widely....

Intertwining Dorama and Reality
Eiji-Mio = Shingo-Yuko???

by japanese fans at 2-channel forum

Shingo talked to Yuko, "This is just my own guess... You finally settled the divorce and announced it at this kind of timing. There must be a particular reason to it. Then, you answered like this, "I'm sorry, there is another person that I love,". When you were asked, what's the person like, you said... "He is a member of a humble idol group,". If you said it to that extent... if I still don't date you... then, I... don't have the rights to love you..."

[Reference: Ep5]

Yuko: I'm wondering "what am I doing!?", myself...
Shingo: You just wanted to be happy...
Yuko: There were so many chances for me to escape...
Shingo: Escape?
Yuko: But even so, finally I'm still acting in the drama like this, and still looking at your face. Not to mention, I also submitted the divorce application form in the middle of the drama filming!! I can't understand myself~

Yuko: Actually... I wanted to meet you before I met Shido... Casually, greeting you "konnichiwa"... then...
Shingo: Then, "today's a good weather", and it might ended with "bye", y'know. So it's better like this...

[Reference: Ep6]

In the drama's closing party, Shingo is determined to confess his love to Yuko...
Shingo: Yuko-chan, there's something I need to tell you...
Yuko: Ah, I'm sorry... my son is waiting for me at home, sore jya... osaki ni(I have to go). Sayonara, Katori-san~

Shingo look at the rose bouquet he already prepared, as she gets further away... "Ore wa ii yo..."(I'm okay)

[Reference: Ep9]

I thought these were fun :P

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Mar 19th, '08, 20:06

Haha, those are awesome!!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 19th, '08, 22:14

those are some really spaced out conclusions. It sounds like a soap opera ^^;

voth

Post by voth » Mar 20th, '08, 01:33

seirin wrote:those are some really spaced out conclusions. It sounds like a soap opera ^^;
Technically it is a soap opera (though only a set number of episodes, unlike the thousands of episodes most american soap operas have).

As for spaced out conclusions - it wouldn't be any fun to watch these shows if we didn't try to predict how they would end - even if they are a little crazy.

I would agree though, some of the 'conclusions' yanie posted were a tad out there even for this show.

Next we'll hear that the last episode shows Shizuku all grown up running the flower shop (yes, I know about the flower shop), where she is known to sell all kinds of flowers (particularly those dark red roses). Mio and Eiji are happily married with a child or two. Ono and Shijo are a couple. Blah, blah, blah.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 20th, '08, 02:43

Are? Minna... those created versions by fans, meant to be a joke, just for laugh and for fun^^

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 20th, '08, 04:55

voth wrote: Next we'll hear that the last episode shows Shizuku all grown up running the flower shop (yes, I know about the flower shop), where she is known to sell all kinds of flowers (particularly those dark red roses). Mio and Eiji are happily married with a child or two. Ono and Shijo are a couple. Blah, blah, blah.
Actually, that's not spaced out now ^^; That's just typical drama endings. I think I would be disappointed if they showed that ^^; I hope it's something surprising but not spaced out that makes you say "arienaitsu!"
Something I'd like to see is like someone wrote earlier, the scene at a rose field (something like "be with you" with the sunflowers.

Mio-san does the same game again like Shinjuku hide and seek. She makes Eiji look for her and finally finds her at a field of roses.

kero_kerberus

Post by kero_kerberus » Mar 20th, '08, 19:07

Bara no nai Hanaya novelized book will be released. A hard-cover book.

Hard cover: 240 pages
Publish co: Shogakukan
Language: Japanese
ISBN-10: 4093862133
ISBN-13: 978-4093862134
Release date: 2008/3/26
Price: 1365 yen

wonder when will it reach sg........

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 21st, '08, 04:49

Just wanna make sure... Ganbatta Taishow [17.3.08] torrents is NOT available??O_o

It's really too bad, the "Bara no nai Hanaya Research Special" was really interesting. And the Bara casts interaction was quite interesting too~
I love how Yuika says "hajimemashite" to TamaTetsu, and TamaTetsu said "Oh, right... though we're suppose to be lovers, this is our first meet,". Somehow I think they look great together. And Shingo kinda spilled out that there's gonna be a scene with them together in the last episode xD

And apparently there are some footages in the snowy mountain titleback that hasn't been shown yet! I was suprised to see:
Shingo hugging Yuko in the snowy mountain! So there's a hug scene O_o I guess there's gonna be a special version of the ending titleback in the last episode.
Wanna watch that again.... Oh, and the "Bara no nai Hanaya" team won the GANBATTA AWARD too! :cheers:

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 21st, '08, 05:15

yanie wrote:Just wanna make sure... Ganbatta Taishow [17.3.08] torrents is NOT available??O_o
I've only seen it on Youtube and a small part on Veoh. I've been looking for a higher quality version since YT just doesnt cut it :glare:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 22nd, '08, 01:20

Finally found it on CB^^
Bara no nai Hanaya casts in Ganbatta Taishow!!

Kusanagi Tsuyoshi stuttered when he introduce Bara casts connected from another studio, "Bara no nai Hananaya no minna-san deesu!!" LOL! Shingo looked upset.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

When Tsuyoshi didn't know what to say more, Shingo yelled at him, "Oy!! Kusanagi! Shabette(speak)!!".

Then, Tsuyoshi nervously called out Takeuchi Yuko, "Takeuchi-san, Takeuchi-san! How's the filming?". Takeuchi said, "Well... it's going smooth...".
Tsu asked again, "Kyou wa, Shingo to wa... nanka... umaku... satsuei shitemasu ka??"(Today, with Shingo... are you filming smoothly??)

Hahaha... Tsuyoshi is a very bad host :lol:

ImageImage

ImageImage

When Tsuyoshi asked Motokariya Yuika to give message to the Bara casts, she greeted TamaTetsu, "Ah, Tamayama-san, hajimemashite (nice to meet you)!". Apparently this is their first met xD
TamaTetsu greeted her back, "Ah, hajimemashite... yes, though we are suppose to be lovers, but we never meet before, ne..."
Shingo spilled out a bit, "Aahh... but that's on the last episode....aa~...". Haha, I think he just realized he talked too much xD

And eventually, the Bara no nai Hanaya casts and staff won the Ganbatta Award!! Shingo came to the studio just in time when the award winner was announced! haha~ omedetouuu!!^0^

ImageImage

ENDING SPOILER??!?
ImageImage

ImageImage

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Mar 22nd, '08, 15:09

yanie wrote:Loved the "Bara no nai Hanaya Research Special" in Ganbatta Taishow!!

On last episode's preview...
So Mio's father died??
Shingo said, he is satisfied with the ending ne =P
Yanie...can you tell me where I will be able to watch the Ganbatta Taishow?? I found 2 NG clips on veoh.com and that's all...there was only a small section with Bara's NGs. Thanks!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 22nd, '08, 17:26

Clubbox^^

mskakashi

Post by mskakashi » Mar 22nd, '08, 18:09

:glare: I cannot wait for the final episode, I really do not want eiji and mio to get together, she does not deserve him. If her father dies its her own fault, because what Anzai was making her do is illegal and unethical. And for her to go along with it there is just no forgiving!!! :glare:

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Mar 22nd, '08, 18:28

fifimimi wrote:Yanie...can you tell me where I will be able to watch the Ganbatta Taishow?? I found 2 NG clips on veoh.com and that's all...there was only a small section with Bara's NGs. Thanks!!
part 1: http://down.clubbox.co.kr/kimura/7cqtg
part 2: http://down.clubbox.co.kr/kimura/8cqtg
part 3: http://down.clubbox.co.kr/kimura/9cqtg
part 4: http://down.clubbox.co.kr/kimura/acqtg

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 23rd, '08, 02:20

mskakashi>>
Oh? I thought Mio didn't have a choice? In ep5 she was about to leave Anzai and look for other doctors/hospital, but her father was in a critical condition, and Anzai is a doctor who has the most experiences in handling Mio's father's surgery. If Anzai do the surgery, her father will have bigger possibility to stay alive, thus she stayed and had to do what Anzai said.

In such a critical, confusing, stress situation like that, as a daughter, I might do the same thing. Though I really hope I'll never come across things like this xD

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Mar 23rd, '08, 16:44

yanie wrote:mskakashi>>
Oh? I thought Mio didn't have a choice? In ep5 she was about to leave Anzai and look for other doctors/hospital, but her father was in a critical condition, and Anzai is a doctor who has the most experiences in handling Mio's father's surgery. If Anzai do the surgery, her father will have bigger possibility to stay alive, thus she stayed and had to do what Anzai said.

In such a critical, confusing, stress situation like that, as a daughter, I might do the same thing. Though I really hope I'll never come across things like this xD

:thumleft: Agree Yanie ^^^ :thumright:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 23rd, '08, 22:14

Just watched Mezamashi! Everyone has finished filming! Might be a spoiler of the last scenes, so....
In Saturday, Mio's father and Takeuchi Yuko finished filming and received the flower bouquets! Shingo and Shizuku were there too! The director gave the bouquet to Takeuchi, hugged her, lifted her up (end up carrying her like how Eiji carried Mio in ep2) and pretend like he wanted to kiss her!O_o Haha, Takeuchi tried to avoid that badly, lol! Takeuchi shakes hands with Shizuku, and Shingo hugged Takeuchi tightly :lol

Somehow I'm thinking that... could it be the director was trying to repeat Eiji and Mio's last scene?? :lol

Then, on Sunday, yesterday, was Shingo and Shizuku's last filming. They received the bouquets too. It was on the seaside and seem like it was a scene of Eiji and Shizuku starring at the ships.

leadfreaky

Post by leadfreaky » Mar 24th, '08, 13:08

just finished watching the last episode!*___*

MECHA SPOILER!:)

- Mio's Dad survived thanks to Shun who agreed to help
- but after that Mio disappeared and only left a letter for Eiji... 1 year passed and Mio still doesn't show up! but then Eiji finds out that she's working with her father in a "rose delivery company.."
-my wish came true..XD Mio and Eiji kissed~ and it was really romantic actually..surrounded by roses~ and Eiji said "aishiteru" over and over again!*_*

at the end the boy from Shizuku's class appeared at the flower shop and EIji,Mio and he went in....that's the end!
It was the little boy right? I don't really get the ending...but it was a WONDERFUL DRAMA!*___*

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Mar 24th, '08, 13:20

I lost track of time and only watched the last 20 minutes... I guess I'll have to wait until it's up on the site.

The ending was enjoyable, though... and the credit roll, as well.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 24th, '08, 14:51

Ahh... it's over... Left quite a good feeling... but I have to say the whole episode was an anti-climax.
So why are Eiji-Mio lay down on the snow in the titleback? But then they hug each other? Was it just a hallucination? Or does it mean "to pick up the broken heart pieces"??

Yup, I agree! Love Eiji-Mio's last scene!!^0^ It's like a fairytale ending! The prince carrying the princess in his arms and kissed her! Beautiful !!! I didn't know that a Flower Word is "to forgive and forget" :D

Sadly, Shizuku stay with Anzai, ne... Haha, its funny that Naoya hopes to marry Shizuku in the future and will inherit Anzai's hospital! haha.... Naoya and Shizuku, that could work :lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 25th, '08, 03:58

Anyone knows where to download Mezamashi 24.3.08, yesterday, news clip of Bara's last filming?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 25th, '08, 18:35

I just watched the raw. It's really touching ^^; I still don't like Naoya much though.
It's cool that Shizuku is with Anzai though. He really does love the little girl and needs her too. And Anzai can give her the best education and good future. Eiji has Mio, so Anzai should have Shizuku to heal his broken heart ^^; (after the loss of his daughter). I kind of wished Shun would have shown himself to Shizuku. Maybe in the special ^^; Cuz I'm sure Shizuku would be wondering who is her real dad even if she doesn't say anything.

junebug6272

Post by junebug6272 » Mar 25th, '08, 18:57

:cry: i'm so sad this is over(even though it was a very satisfying ending)...i'll have nothing to look forward to on mondays anymore... :cry:

My thoughts on the end
This last ep. seemed to be in a different style than the rest of the series, it seemed sort of disjointed to me (maybe it was the moving forward in time). either way i'm satisfied with the ending.

My favorite parts of the last ep.: shun crying on the plane, eiji talking to shizuku only to realize she isn't there, of course eiji professing his love to mio :wub: and the scene of eiji b-day party where he breaks down, that had me tearing up...i'm sure there are other cute scenes that i'm missing but those left the biggest impression. I could have done without the boy returning in the end, that was slightly cheesy but I'm happy that mio and eiji are together.

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Mar 25th, '08, 19:52

[quote="seirin"]I just watched the raw. It's really touching ^^; I still don't like Naoya much though.

I do agree with you...I still don't like Naoya..I would have thought they'd make him more likable near the end..but it doesn't matter all that much.
I'm happy with the ending...I think everyone is happy..if Shizuku ended up with Eiji..Anzai wouldn't be happy and despite everything..I do feel sorry for him so having Shizuku by him is good to see..plus the fact that Anzai was present at Eiji's birthday was nice to see also. My favourite scene in the last episode had to be the Eiji-Mio reunion..its so sweet just like the endings of the first few episode.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 26th, '08, 02:24

Found Bara's last filming news cover on MezaNyuu and Mezamashi:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/-0803 ... 3083654170

Rori

Post by Rori » Mar 26th, '08, 09:15

Last episode spoilers:
It was such a great drama. Beautiful end to it.

Kinda sad that Shizuku stayed with Anzai in the end but taking into account what seirin said, I guess everyone is where they should be.
When Eiji was crying, at the end, that teared me up so bad. You just felt so happy for him, even though I can only guess what he was crying for.

Either way, lovely drama it turned out to be. One I'm not going to forget.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Mar 26th, '08, 10:19

The last episode of this series was one of the worst finale episode I've ever seen...
It was just SOOOO cheesy.
The for the whole series was fairly well-written and directed, but the two leads + Matsuda Shouta were just so horrible. Especially that phone call scene by Katori was the worst acting I've seen in a long time :roll
Good thing Motokariya and later Tamayama Tetsuji showed up, it would've been absolutely disastrous.

Also didn't impress me was that it was SO draggy. Finale could've totally been regular 60 minutes -CM (though this never happens anymore in Getsuku or even most FujiTV primetime doramas...)

And wasn't it supposed to have lots of twists? Ep 8~9 were really awesome, but last 2, especially the finale was just so predictable. I liked how they connected the earlier "Princess waits in a place she would definitely be found" hint though.

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Mar 26th, '08, 17:24

Sounds like a beautiful ending...

Can't wait to see it.

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Mar 28th, '08, 02:50

given the high ratings, you guys think there'll be a SP? :-)

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Mar 28th, '08, 03:14

I totally love this drama.

kawaiiniko

Post by kawaiiniko » Mar 28th, '08, 04:46

Definitely in love with this drama ♥♥

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 28th, '08, 05:16

harukaya wrote:given the high ratings, you guys think there'll be a SP? :-)
I believe there should be a special?
The old lady mentioned Shizuku was crying at night. I think she is wondering why her real dad dumped her (although she acts all happy while she's in front of everyone, she's actually kind of sad). They never explained to her why her dad wasn't there for her. She might be thinking her dad doesn't love or care about her, maybe she thinks she did something wrong. (although she does have Eiji, he's not her real dad)

Also, since Eiji learned to love and trust (showing that all his kindness and trust in people wasn't in vain. His kindness would be reciprocated by his friends as shown at the end). Now it's Shun's turn. Shun's heart is just starting to thaw after watching the video. We need to see a change in him. Also, he needs to show himself to Shizuku.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 28th, '08, 09:38

It'll be nice to have a flashback SP ne, like Shiroi Kage SP^^ Back to the youth of Eiji, Shun and Ruri! But that means minimum onscreen time for the two main casts??^^

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Mar 28th, '08, 22:52

I have a question now that its all over..
Has Ejji ever really loved Ruri? Or was the reason, why he never told her that shun wanted to break up with her, is that he wanted Shun to trust/believe in people? But he never expected her to die in labor?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 29th, '08, 00:26

lailoken wrote:I have a question now that its all over..
Has Ejji ever really loved Ruri? Or was the reason, why he never told her that shun wanted to break up with her, is that he wanted Shun to trust/believe in people? But he never expected her to die in labor?
Eiji liked Ruri but Ruri liked Shun. So he just stuck around her. Maybe it's like Shun said. Eiji didn't deny it either. Shun suggested that Eiji was in love with Ruri and when Shun left, Eiji never told Ruri because he thought if Shun left he and Ruri would live happily ever after with the child and Ruri would marry him instead.

There also seems to be hints that Eiji likes Ruri because he likes girls who smile like flowers. Like Shizuku's mom (Ruri) and Mio. When Eiji and Shizuku were sleeping beside each other. I think it was either Eiji or Shizuku who said Mio smiled like a flower. And Shizuku said like mom? and Eiji says yes.

Even Ruri said near the end why she didn't pick Eiji but she picked Shun instead. Eiji was so much nicer.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Mar 29th, '08, 01:16

Seirin it was nice of you to clear things out. This drama is full of symbolic means.

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Mar 29th, '08, 02:30

Hmm Seirin, I felt that that was just what Shun felt.
Wouldn't it have made more sense if Eiji just flat out told her that Shun wanted to break up with her? If Eiji wanted to be with Ruri?

It was in ep 10 that they were saying how Eiji hoped that when Shun came back and saw Ruri raising his child alone and waiting for him, that he'd lose the thorns in his heart.

Which is why I was thinking did he not tell Ruri about the truth because he wanted to save Shun?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 29th, '08, 03:22

lailoken wrote:Hmm Seirin, I felt that that was just what Shun felt.
Wouldn't it have made more sense if Eiji just flat out told her that Shun wanted to break up with her? If Eiji wanted to be with Ruri?

It was in ep 10 that they were saying how Eiji hoped that when Shun came back and saw Ruri raising his child alone and waiting for him, that he'd lose the thorns in his heart.

Which is why I was thinking did he not tell Ruri about the truth because he wanted to save Shun?
I could be that too I suppose since Eiji is so selfless.
But maybe Shun's happiness is more important than his. That's why he never competes with Shun for anything. Like being adopted. He misbehaved so Shun would get adopted and have a good life. So he could also hide his feelings for Ruri, since Ruri likes Shun. And he probably hopes Shun can change. But anyhow who knows what Eiji thinks sometimes...

deeplove

Post by deeplove » Apr 2nd, '08, 19:51

right at the end, Master puts on that hood thing (that covers his face).. what's that supposed to mean? :scratch:

queequeg

Post by queequeg » Apr 2nd, '08, 21:57

Okay, just finished it. It was the best J-drama I've seen in a while.
I usually get annoyed with the wholesome too good to be true types, but I found Eiji wonderful. Probably because I loved the relationship between Eiji and Shizuka.

I was wondering about the hood, too. And who the kid was at the end, since they seemed to make a point of keeping his face out of camera. But I think it is the kid he saved back then, and the master puts on the mask because that is what he wore when he rescued the kid from the abusive parents. Why? Still no clue.

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Apr 3rd, '08, 00:58

The Hood is just to re-emphasize the point that the kid is the one they saved earlier, in case people didn't catch the Rose thing.

and the reason they didn't show the face of the child was because this is probably several years later, so they needed an older/taller kid that probably looked nothing like the original lol..

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Apr 3rd, '08, 19:15

I have to say, I liked this series a lot at the start. The little girl who played Shizuku was excellent and I'm a big fan of Matsuda Shota, too. The promised plot-twists were there too, but I never found them to be that shocking.
But the last episode was a big disappointment.
The whole thing was really cheesy and way too long. My favorite part was when Eiji was saying goodbye to Shun at the airport. Their exchange was funny and touching, and it really showed how much of a special relationship they had. I laughed out loud at "Don't fall in love with me" and when Eiji said the dvd had the newest Harry Potter. :lol

KayoticDevoid

Post by KayoticDevoid » Apr 3rd, '08, 20:00

Regarding why Eiji didn't tell Ruri:
It was more of a fact that Eiji used Shun in order to be close to Ruri. It is his friendship with Shun that connects Ruri and Eiji, and with the connection gone, Ruri has no reason to stay friends with Eiji. What Eiji reasoned was this: That if Shun was gone from Ruri's life, then his connection with Ruri will subsequently disappear. It is in this fear and love for Ruri he decides not to tell her, so he could continue to be by her side.

Makoto_

Post by Makoto_ » Apr 3rd, '08, 20:50

I saw the final, very cute, defenitily I love this dorama ;)