[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 28th, '08, 14:41

Website have been updated with pictures from episode 7. All under spoiler tag~

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 28th, '08, 15:48

sleepyzzz wrote:^Yuuki: Hey there! Where did you read about episode 9 and 10??? Yes I was desperate enough and dropped that spoiler into an online translator....NOOOOOO!!!!

I need to know more!! Please tell!!

:cry:
same here...tried translating it online but oni up til 150 words or sth...and the worst is...I cant read chinese! oh no..im dying to know... :goggle:

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » May 28th, '08, 16:29

^Yuuki wrote:Looks like they updated the relationship chart~ There's a solid heart now from Michiru to Takeru and Takeru to Ruka. Interesting that there's no heart or any update between Ruka to Michiru. Are they waiting for the final episode to update it or something? ^^;
Where did you see that? I still get the question marks when I hover the pictures... oO
I remember that there were hearts when the drama first started airing though, but then were changed into question marks after the first (or second) episode...

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 28th, '08, 17:05

TokyoJuice wrote:
^Yuuki wrote:Looks like they updated the relationship chart~ There's a solid heart now from Michiru to Takeru and Takeru to Ruka. Interesting that there's no heart or any update between Ruka to Michiru. Are they waiting for the final episode to update it or something? ^^;
Where did you see that? I still get the question marks when I hover the pictures... oO
I remember that there were hearts when the drama first started airing though, but then were changed into question marks after the first (or second) episode...
Oops, my bad, that was in the supposedly chinese version of the site. They haven't updated in a while. So, ignore that. ^^ll

I'm re-watching SMAPXSMAP, the one with Juri and Tamaki. Lol, Takuya Kimura gave Juri under garments for her birthday when they were filming Engine. And they played in a band together too! :mrgreen:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 28th, '08, 18:01

^Yuuki wrote: Lol, Takuya Kimura gave Juri under garments for her birthday when they were filming Engine.
Sukebe.

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » May 28th, '08, 18:08

Hey ^Yuuki, I'm intrigued - what show is that Juri-archery .gif from?

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 28th, '08, 18:22

vege-okonomiyaki: Hello there! Your first post! Welcome to the club! haha It's from a Japanese show - I think it's uploaded on youtube - check out the link below but I'm not sure whether it is the full thing. Sorry need to rush off to bed!!

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » May 28th, '08, 19:18

one more day and there'll be the long-waited episode 8~!! :lol but have to wait for the sub though. sigh..

I think Eri is soooo cute, especially in the first ep when she said "Watashiwa Takigawa Eri!!" with the peace sign (introducing herself to Michiru), and "For some reason, Michiru-chan is so cute. I want to eat you.." :wub: :wub:

been wondering, why can't Ogurin be considered as one of the main actors? I think the 'weight' of his part in the drama is just like Eri's..

p/s: want to see the new updated relationship cart too~!! :w00t:

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » May 28th, '08, 19:43

Regarding the heart on the character chart....Honestly speaking...Do we really know that Ruka loves Michiru? Sure maybe we get a sense of it through the monologues and such, but Ruka has never really flat out said she liked Michiru...well except for that grand "first kiss" in episode 1. Guess she doesn't get a heart because she never flat out said it. Just a thought...right?

Maybe the hearts are the ones that don't represent the hardcore, deep down desire loves that is so vividly displayed by Ruka. That's where our brains come in handy to work.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 28th, '08, 19:49

vege-okonomiyaki wrote:what show is that Juri-archery .gif from?
Waratte Iitomo. :)

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » May 28th, '08, 20:45

sleepyzzz wrote:vege-okonomiyaki: Hello there! Your first post! Welcome to the club! haha It's from a Japanese show - I think it's uploaded on youtube - check out the link below but I'm not sure whether it is the full thing. Sorry need to rush off to bed!!

Thanks sleepyzzz and bmwracer for answering :-) I finally found the whole WI clip on Veoh. I'm completely addicted to LF, and now a huge fan of Juri-chan's too... just had to delurk, jump in and start commenting... :D

rurounimon

Post by rurounimon » May 28th, '08, 22:48

I love Ueno Juri's acting as Ruka, but after watching four episodes... I don't think I can stand to watch the rest.
DV is not acceptable, and although what Michiru does and feel toward Sousuke accurately portrays how some abused women are, I just can't stand watching her hug the dude at the end of episode 4. When I watched the preview for the 5th episode and Sousuke said he's going to kill himself, I thought to myself "Well great! Let's end it at that."
I guess this isn't the drama for me :/

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » May 29th, '08, 03:09

rurounimon wrote:I love Ueno Juri's acting as Ruka, but after watching four episodes... I don't think I can stand to watch the rest.
DV is not acceptable, and although what Michiru does and feel toward Sousuke accurately portrays how some abused women are, I just can't stand watching her hug the dude at the end of episode 4. When I watched the preview for the 5th episode and Sousuke said he's going to kill himself, I thought to myself "Well great! Let's end it at that."
No this is exactly what the writers want to do. They want to provoke viewers to think of things outside of the box. They want viewers to be aware that DV is happening daily and NOT to let it go unnoticed. It's silly to even think that a drama about DV is "suitable" for anyone. If this drama has provoked you to think of things you havent before, then I say well done to the writers!

@zeiroc
just because something hasn't been explicitly stated, it doesn't mean its any less real.

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 29th, '08, 03:17

rurounimon wrote:I love Ueno Juri's acting as Ruka, but after watching four episodes... I don't think I can stand to watch the rest.
You should finish watching it. I think the fact that Michiru doesn't leave Sousuke right away is really honest and well-done. I've read that it takes DV victims 7-8 attempts before finally leaving their abusers. Plus you aren't seeing the big picture. Michiru has grown up with no real support. Her self-esteem probably hovers around nada. Imagine being squashed every day of your life by someone (Michiru's mom). Michiru isn't immediately gonna have the strength to see she's worth more than Sousuke gives.

rurounimon

Post by rurounimon » May 29th, '08, 05:05

The writers are doing a great job and I know that these are very real scenarios, happening daily. Seeing Michiru's Mom and the talk about her Dad, I can see very well how she doesn't understand her worth and can't see anyone loving her except Sousuke, which is why Ruka was so upset.

It's just me that can't take watching a drama like this (pretty much the same reason why I don't like watching war movies or other heart-wrenching dramas). I won't learn anything new nor will I have a different perspective on life (all this DV and lesbian love isn't a shock to me at all), it's just a matter of preference as to what I want to watch.

Note: I'm not dissing the drama at all. The acting is great and the premise is good, but I have no interest in it.

rulan

Post by rulan » May 29th, '08, 06:21

rurounimon wrote:The writers are doing a great job and I know that these are very real scenarios, happening daily. Seeing Michiru's Mom and the talk about her Dad, I can see very well how she doesn't understand her worth and can't see anyone loving her except Sousuke, which is why Ruka was so upset.

It's just me that can't take watching a drama like this (pretty much the same reason why I don't like watching war movies or other heart-wrenching dramas). I won't learn anything new nor will I have a different perspective on life (all this DV and lesbian love isn't a shock to me at all), it's just a matter of preference as to what I want to watch.

Note: I'm not dissing the drama at all. The acting is great and the premise is good, but I have no interest in it.
i guess i do agree with you. it's not that i'm scared of scary movies or war movies but i just prefer not to watch them. it all comes down to preferences. though without ueno juri i would have never started watching nodame now i'm in love with it too. so i guess if you open yourself up a bit maybe you'll come to like those that you disliked before. hehe i'm contradicting myself. :alcoholic:

2muchsoda

Post by 2muchsoda » May 29th, '08, 06:39

i love nagasawa masami.. but she'd being bullied in this series. so good to see her like that hua.. it still airing right? so long to wait! argh!!!

Renoa Heartilly

Post by Renoa Heartilly » May 29th, '08, 07:00

waaa episode 7 was very painful (emotionaly) i'm glad they finally gave Takeru's past some explaining, and his reactions were so real it sometimes made me hold my breath without noticing XD (its weird since i'm not the type to get emotional with dramas)
i think Ruka is the one who had the most suffering in this show, it shows by the scene in the showers how much she holds everything inside and not talk about it. it was very saddening when she changed teh subject after takeru's confession, but i think he caught on that she wasn't telling him the truth.
and michiru's starting to become stronger, little by little, i'm interested in seeing the effect of what she said on sousuke and the others.
and sousuke seems to get along just fine with the kid in a not-obsessive kind of way, its wierd because i thought he did that to everybody that he cared about, but i guess how much he cares about michiru and how much he cares for others is just that much different... hmmmm.... well i thought he was going to do something about michiru while in fact it seems all he's going to do is just 'wait' @_@
hoooo has he grown wiser? XD i mostly loved it when she said
michiru: you hit me didnt you? why did you do that?
sousuke: ...

his expression was priceless! XD i sure hope that made him think at least a little bit, and if he did, i hope he tries to find help T_T his work position makes it neccicary to seek help other than how easy it should be to find it. why isn't he doing anything? is it because of whatever happened to him in the past that he thinks this is the 'right thing to do' ?
btw i just got back from the nishikido ryo thread, i think its awesome when a 'cute' johnny idol gets a role that is outside the box, and actually plays the bad guy who is not 100% cool *_* i think sousuke is the scariest thing i've seen when it comes to drama, and believe me i've seen quite alot of scary-creepy-wannabes. :unsure:

somewhat out of topic, if you really focus on the lyrics of 'prisoner of love' and Utada Hikaru's style and clothes in the PV, it makes me wonder if the song is from Ruka's perspective. for some reason every time i look at utada hikaru's hair and/or listen to the lyrics, its always ruka's side of the story that matches perfectly.
is it just me or has anybody else noticed that? XD

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 29th, '08, 12:13

I won't learn anything new nor will I have a different perspective on life (all this DV and lesbian love isn't a shock to me at all), it's just a matter of preference as to what I want to watch.
Nice to know that you know what you want to watch (after 4 episodes...). Lesbian love? Eheh, that's what most people thought too but.... Well, sayonara~ :salut:
Renoa Heartilly wrote: btw i just got back from the nishikido ryo thread, i think its awesome when a 'cute' johnny idol gets a role that is outside the box, and actually plays the bad guy who is not 100% cool *_* i think sousuke is the scariest thing i've seen when it comes to drama, and believe me i've seen quite alot of scary-creepy-wannabes. :unsure:

somewhat out of topic, if you really focus on the lyrics of 'prisoner of love' and Utada Hikaru's style and clothes in the PV, it makes me wonder if the song is from Ruka's perspective. for some reason every time i look at utada hikaru's hair and/or listen to the lyrics, its always ruka's side of the story that matches perfectly.
is it just me or has anybody else noticed that? XD
I think this show certainly does stretch all the actors' ability and more. It they don't sweep the prizes for the next Japanese Drama Academy Awards, I'll be surprised. I wonder if Ueno Juri falls under actress of supporting actress...there's no rule that states you have to have 1 main actress right?

As for Utada and POL, she had that style and the song done even before she knew what type of drama it's gonna be for...so if anything, I think the writers got inspiration from the lyrics. Heheh. And the point of view matches all characters at different parts. Ruka and Michiru especially. They've done really well in matching the lyrics with what's happening on screen. It's pretty much like a narration already. ^^

P/S: Sukereru's .ass softsubs includes the lyrics translations for those who didn't know.

Meecha

Post by Meecha » May 29th, '08, 13:57

omfg, today's ep is ep 8 right?
what an intense episode
i get that feelings and tension again just like episode 1!
everyone looks so painful and hurt :-(
and preview ep 9 SOUSUKE FREAKIN BEATS TAKERU :O :O :O
he's REAL mad

rurounimon

Post by rurounimon » May 29th, '08, 14:04

^Yuuki wrote: Nice to know that you know what you want to watch (after 4 episodes...). Lesbian love? Eheh, that's what most people thought too but.... Well, sayonara~ :salut:
Well..
I guess it isn't fair for me to call it that, since Ruka seems like a man stuck in a woman's body. So I would think there's a potential for Michiru to get together with her, more-so if she does get a sex change.
It's always fun giving a new series a try.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 29th, '08, 14:19

rurounimon wrote:The writers are doing a great job and I know that these are very real scenarios, happening daily. Seeing Michiru's Mom and the talk about her Dad, I can see very well how she doesn't understand her worth and can't see anyone loving her except Sousuke, which is why Ruka was so upset.

That's totally understandable... It's hard to get any enjoyment out of a drama like this and it is more frustrating to watch than anything else (but I do find most of the personal stories interesting)... I feel the same way about Sekachu: it's pretty much a weep-fest, offering no entertainment value whatsoever, which I why I couldn't get past the first episode of that drama... :sweat:

As you said, personal preference. :thumright:

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 29th, '08, 15:19

OMG, ep. 8!!!
Am I crazy, or did Ruka basically come out to Takeru? In the letter? All I caught was something about being a human being and Takeru being the only one to finally know the true Ruka.
Last edited by magicmusic on May 29th, '08, 18:05, edited 2 times in total.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » May 29th, '08, 18:03

owh no, i have to be tough to not see the ep 8's spoiler~!! :hissy:

can't wait...!!

Te Amari

Post by Te Amari » May 29th, '08, 19:40

So I guess no one's posted the RAW for ep. 8?

and I totally just read a spoiler...*smacks head*

ruka_michiru

Post by ruka_michiru » May 29th, '08, 21:28

OH. MY. GOSH.

It seems like episode eight is full of action and pouring out of "emotions". Honestly, I cried while watching it. You'll have no room to "breathe" as the climax builds up. I think this is one of the "disadvantage" of just having 11 episodes.
Although I don't understand a word about what Takeru said to Ruka, I'm glad that he was able to tap into Ruka's "walled" heart. I thought Ruka wouldn't return the hug, but she's already ready to "burst out". It's so touching when Ruka just cried in Takeru's arms. I would have wished that it was Michiru whose embracing Ruka, but when I saw the connection between Takeru and Ruka, you wouldn't just tell that Takeru is in love with Ruka, but he really deeply cares for her regardless of whatever "secret" Ruka has. I really like the last scene, it's so touching and overwhelming. BUT why does Michiru had to witness the scene?! :cussing: I know, I know, Ruka had been in the same situation also, but I just wanna have some Ruka/Michiru "happy" and alone time, is that too much to ask? :whistling: I wonder how Michiru felt while watching Ruka burst out into Takeru's arms?

Anyway, even if it's full of angst, I've found it amusing when Eri showed up in the hospital to bring some food and a letter to Sousuke. And check out the disappointing expression from Sousuke when he saw that it wasn't his beloved Michiru who entered the room. It seems like Ruka and Eri decided not to tell Michiru about the letter that Sousuke wrote to Michiru. And I bet the letter that Eri gave to Souske was "fake". Talk about letters, Mr. Creepy is getting creepier, he asked Eri to give to Michiru his remaining letters, as in 10 or more... and talk about being loyal and protective friends, it's good that Ruka and Eri burned the letters :cheers:
I watched the RAW epsiode, so there's a chance that I might be wrong about my impressions in this episode, so feel free to correct me. :cheers:

chocotaco2308

Post by chocotaco2308 » May 29th, '08, 21:37

AWWW ep 8 was soooooo good i cried my eyes out!!!! loved it and it was so intense. It kept me clinging on from beginning to end... to bad i can't under stand it can some one explain to me what ruka wrote to takeru and what takeru said to ruka.... AND OMG what about that girl that worked with michuru?!! DV??

ruka_michiru

Post by ruka_michiru » May 29th, '08, 21:56

Sorry, I just can't help thinking, judging from the preview for episode 9 is
"that tragedy"=Takeru?
I could be wrong...

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » May 29th, '08, 22:06

ruka_michiru wrote:I watched the RAW epsiode, so there's a chance that I might be wrong about my impressions in this episode, so feel free to correct me. :cheers:
where did you get the RAW episode??? there's no torrent for this episode in d-addicts yet rite?

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » May 29th, '08, 22:10

Aaaah, I want to watch it right now!! >.<*
But I have to wait for the direct uploads... I don't have a torrent client or something like that Q__Q
I'm going to watch it tomorrow then - after school .__.
That's really annoying!

And OMG I read every single spoiler :doh:

:faint:

Te Amari

Post by Te Amari » May 29th, '08, 23:34

ruka_michiru wrote:OH. MY. GOSH.

It seems like episode eight is full of action and pouring out of "emotions"....I watched the RAW epsiode, so there's a chance that I might be wrong about my impressions in this episode, so feel free to correct me. :cheers:
Most seriously, how, or where else did you get the episode? I searched the torrents...many many times, and it doesn't seem to be here.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 29th, '08, 23:48

Yikes, where's Episode 8??

*starting to show signs of withdrawal* :pale:

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 30th, '08, 00:15

Te Amari wrote:
ruka_michiru wrote:OH. MY. GOSH.

It seems like episode eight is full of action and pouring out of "emotions"....I watched the RAW epsiode, so there's a chance that I might be wrong about my impressions in this episode, so feel free to correct me. :cheers:
Most seriously, how, or where else did you get the episode? I searched the torrents...many many times, and it doesn't seem to be here.
Some of us live in Japan :P

But most seriously, where IS the torrent? It's been pending forever!

misha_takarai

Post by misha_takarai » May 30th, '08, 00:16

where's Episode 8? T___T

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » May 30th, '08, 00:24

My girlfriend said she cried when she watched episode 8... I want it so bad. The series is getting so good, and no episode 8? Well I will wait patiently.

Edit: For those who need their fix here is episode 8 on veoh.com. Buuuut the quality is not as good as the ones that appear on the torrents... You can download the video as well :) Douzo.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v13871842hHTsEP38

Te Amari

Post by Te Amari » May 30th, '08, 00:42

jigenbakuda wrote:My girlfriend said she cried when she watched episode 8... I want it so bad. The series is getting so good, and no episode 8? Well I will wait patiently.

Edit: For those who need their fix here is episode 8 on veoh.com. Buuuut the quality is not as good as the ones that appear on the torrents... You can download the video as well :) Douzo.

i don't care about quality. I think I love you! :wub: :D

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 30th, '08, 00:44

jigenbakuda wrote:My girlfriend said she cried when she watched episode 8... I want it so bad. The series is getting so good, and no episode 8? Well I will wait patiently.

You WILL cry! The final scene was the most touching thing I've seen in a long time!

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 30th, '08, 00:48

Thank you!! I usually get my Last Friends off of Utatane and since I lost it when my computer crashed I'm like in a major withdrawl. Thanks!

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 30th, '08, 01:28

I can't wait!!! Hopefully it'll be out in a few hours. Although I read all the spoilers (ARGH) - it sounds like one crazy episode!!

Btw, ratings for this episode 18.8%!!! It's UP AGAIN!! We might have a chance to hit 20% on the finale! Given how this episode sounds like, maybe more people will jump on board for Ep 9!!! Go Last Friends!!

son2

Post by son2 » May 30th, '08, 02:24

ARRRGGGG!!! I WANT TO KILL SOUSUKE!!!!

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » May 30th, '08, 02:32

tick tock..its thursday in the states...the torrent shud be up by now :whimpers: wheree is itt?

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 30th, '08, 02:38

OH. MY. GOD. SOUSUKE. CAN'T. WAIT. FOR. EPISODE. 9.

Te Amari

Post by Te Amari » May 30th, '08, 04:07

OMG! I can't believe it! That last scene was absolutely precious. So anyway, spoilers for 8, since I must squee about it for a while.
How many times does Takeru have to confess to her before she gets it? I don't actually speak Japanese, but I like to think that I know enough to know what "daisuki" means. And I noticed he was running...maybe it was because he was heading to a park or something, but if I'm trying to get somewhere, I'd take a bus or a taxi or even a bicycle! I guess it makes it more dramatic.
I used to ignore anything about Ryo Nishikido, because I thought he was just an okay actor, but after seeing this drama, he's kind of freaking me out!
And the preview! It blew my mind. It fades from that hospital room, and then BAM! Right in the face! First I was like, "they said that Sousuke beat Takeru, but it just looks like Takeru got hit by something. Not necessarily Sousuke." And then a few seconds later into the preview..."OMG! No! Why would you do that to him?! TAKERU!"

I couldn't see well, but towards the end, when that girl is sitting on the couch thing with that guy...is she Michiru, or is that Michiru's ex-co-worker?

And I'm still freaking out about Sousuke hitting Takeru like that. *shivers*
Okay, I'm done. I can't believe we have to wait a whole week before I can see the 9th episode...(T.T)

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 30th, '08, 04:11

Te Amari wrote:OMG! I can't believe it! That last scene was absolutely precious. So anyway, spoilers for 8, since I must squee about it for a while.
How many times does Takeru have to confess to her before she gets it? I don't actually speak Japanese, but I like to think that I know enough to know what "daisuki" means. And I noticed he was running...maybe it was because he was heading to a park or something, but if I'm trying to get somewhere, I'd take a bus or a taxi or even a bicycle! I guess it makes it more dramatic.
I used to ignore anything about Ryo Nishikido, because I thought he was just an okay actor, but after seeing this drama, he's kind of freaking me out!
And the preview! It blew my mind. It fades from that hospital room, and then BAM! Right in the face! First I was like, "they said that Sousuke beat Takeru, but it just looks like Takeru got hit by something. Not necessarily Sousuke." And then a few seconds later into the preview..."OMG! No! Why would you do that to him?! TAKERU!"

I couldn't see well, but towards the end, when that girl is sitting on the couch thing with that guy...is she Michiru, or is that Michiru's ex-co-worker?

Okay, I'm done. I can't believe we have to wait a whole week before I can see the 9th episode...(T.T)
Means Takeru will still be alive? i got a bad feeling he's the one....****!
Last edited by saved1122 on May 30th, '08, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 30th, '08, 04:11

Te Amari wrote:OMG! I can't believe it! That last scene was absolutely precious. So anyway, spoilers for 8, since I must squee about it for a while.

just let me kill off Sousuke...really cant stand him!!! btw, i tink at the end takeru confessed AGAIN to ruka, but Takeru did mention Michiru's name as well...so besides his confession of love, wat else did Takeru said? And MORE importantly, what did Michiru said at the very end??? help anyone... onegai :crazy:

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 30th, '08, 04:20

I predicted this from Episode 1, Sousuke was going to attack Takeru. It makes sense especially since Michiru told Sousuke she loves someone else. DD: He found out who that person is.

Man, the way Sousuke said " Do not put your hands on Michiru " had me in shivers and then... BAM. He attacks Takeru. Like HOLY ****. Did he just shove a pipe on his hands? Did he break Takeru's hands?! I CAN'T WAIT FOR EPISODE 9.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 30th, '08, 04:29

saved1122 wrote:
So do I. T.T Seeing the last part, especially hearing that howl from Takeru, I was like: 'Damn, so Takeru dies.' ;___;
I think that's exactly why Michiru chooses to disappear as she did on the first episode, because judging from her reaction to the Ruka-Takeru dialogue, she thinks that they really might have 'something' between them (amazing enough, goodness, at episode 8, she's still unaware of Ruka being transgender ). So, I guess her disappearance is a form of repentance?

Regarding the last part, I'll just write off what I remembered the first time I watched it. Basically, Takeru was saying that he didn't care what Ruka is, or what she'll become, because he loved her as she is. He says he wanted to give her support and didn't want her to leave from his sight etc etc. Then the camera zooms in on Masami, then she says in the foreground, I think, how she never understood Ruka? I'm a bit fuzzy on that (I was mainly spazzing over the Ruka-Takeru, especially Ruka readiing the letter out, so, sorry heehee).

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 30th, '08, 05:02

lunargen wrote:
saved1122 wrote:
So do I. T.T Seeing the last part, especially hearing that howl from Takeru, I was like: 'Damn, so Takeru dies.' ;___;
I think that's exactly why Michiru chooses to disappear as she did on the first episode, because judging from her reaction to the Ruka-Takeru dialogue, she thinks that they really might have 'something' between them (amazing enough, goodness, at episode 8, she's still unaware of Ruka being transgender ). So, I guess her disappearance is a form of repentance?
somehow, someone has to die and Takeru seems to be the "perfect candidate" for that...just when i start thinking that he and Ruka shud be together!!! anyway, it seems now Takeru and Ruka's chemistry is shooting up man....feels comfy seeing them ard...where else Ruka/Michiru scenes seem weird and uneasy these days...but im still a RxM fan! whether RxM or RxT, it will be good for me! (im thinking too much :goggle: )

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 30th, '08, 05:06

one more point, i dun think Michiru loves Takeru..she just love him as a fren....i kinda feel from wat she said in the foreground, she feels that herself was a terrible fren and it carries a tone of regretfullness...

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 30th, '08, 05:34

saved1122 wrote:
somehow, someone has to die and Takeru seems to be the "perfect candidate" for that...
Don't write off Takeru yet... The previews could possibly be misleading just to suck in the viewers... Previews can be very manipulative.

It's hard to predict which direction the writers will take: the more desirable one where the truly evil person (Sosuke) dies or the heartbreakingly tragic path where good-guy Takeru dies, leaving a giant cloud of grief hanging over the remaining characters for the remaining two (three?) episodes...

Or something wilder where neither of the two most obvious candidates dies...?

It took long enough, but finally things are coming to a head, albeit rather predictably since they're running out of episodes... :sweat:

lzydata

Post by lzydata » May 30th, '08, 05:54

lunargen wrote:
Regarding the last part, I'll just write off what I remembered the first time I watched it. Basically, Takeru was saying that he didn't care what Ruka is, or what she'll become, because he loved her as she is. He says he wanted to give her support and didn't want her to leave from his sight etc etc. Then the camera zooms in on Masami, then she says in the foreground, I think, how she never understood Ruka? I'm a bit fuzzy on that (I was mainly spazzing over the Ruka-Takeru, especially Ruka readiing the letter out, so, sorry heehee).
Yeah he said, roughly, "Don't ask me whether I love you as a person or as a woman, 'cause I don't really know myself, but I just want to support you, to stay by your side and look after you no matter how you may change. I don't want to lose sight of you!" No wonder Ruka was sobbing away like that: the first person to say he loves you, she said in her letter, is doing so once again even after he knows about all the gender identity disorder stuff.

Indeed, Michiru's still incredibly out of the loop, so her words at the end are again regretful. "At that time I thought I was seeing one kind of love being born, Ruka. But I didn't know anything about you, even someone as important as you..."

Just when you've waited a whole week to complete an episode, they throw you such a preview making you want to see the next one :roll

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 30th, '08, 06:00

One final thought about the preview for Episode 9 that just hit me:
I've got this sinking feeling in my stomach that possibly Sosuke's assault on Takeru happens at the end of the episode, carrying it into Episode 10.... :(

And making us viewers even more crazy than we are now after this preview. :sweat:

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 30th, '08, 06:03

GOSH!! That was one hell of an episode!!! Anyone know of spare Takeru around??? hahaha

The last 10 minutes of the drama seriously took my breath away! Oh and tears dropping before I even realised...!
I was so happy to finally see that Ruka could be herself in front of someone. It was heartbreaking but relieving at the same time to see her breakdown. I feel kind of sorry for MIchiru though - how she saw the whole incident. I couldn't really understand how she felt but it must have been along the lines of "I'm such a bad friend - why doesn't Ruka open up to me etc". But seriously, this Ruka x Takeru combo works fine with me. Hmm...but I kind like the Michiru & Ruka moments too!!! aaah! Too greedy.

Ok - I vote that Souseke dies!! Not Takeru pleeease!!
This week is going to be a LONG wait!!! I'm waiting for the trailer now from the website...

Salz

Post by Salz » May 30th, '08, 06:06

TakeRuka all the wayyyyyyyyyy :wub: :wub: :wub:
they just so perfect together and have super awesome chemistry :cheers:
but totally cant get out of my head the preview :cry:
damn u Sousuke :cussing:

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » May 30th, '08, 06:44

looks like most of you have seen the ep8~ :cry:
i can't watch a jdrama without the sub, so i'm counting on Seri.. can't wait~!! :w000t:

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 30th, '08, 07:00

lzydata wrote:
"At that time I thought I was seeing one kind of love being born, Ruka. But I didn't know anything about you, even someone as important as you..."
That was it!! LOL I was racking my brains trying to remember (the veoh link didn't work so I couldn't check), since all I could remember was this fleeting thought that Michiru thought there was something between them.
bmwracer wrote:Don't write off Takeru yet... The previews could possibly be misleading just to suck in the viewers... Previews can be very manipulative.
bmwracer wrote:I've got this sinking feeling in my stomach that possibly Sosuke's assault on Takeru happens at the end of the episode, carrying it into Episode 10....
Now that you mention it... you have a very good point. Goodness I just pray they don't manipulate it too much and botch the entire drama with a lousy ending. *___*

Although I STRONGLY don't want them to extend the attack to episode 10, I have a gut feeling they will. Darn authors and ratings :(
a bit :offtopic: but,
I feel all hopes of a Nodame Cantabile Season 2 just went down the drain. T.T
Don't get me wrong, Ueno-san's more than capable enough to distinguish the characters from each other, but, I just can't help feeling like this.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 30th, '08, 07:23

Arggghh. I've read all the spoilers too! Couldn't resist!!!

Still downloading episode 8 right now, but saw some spoiler screencaps on crunchyroll...damn! Oh. My. God. What a scene.TakeruxRuka!! *sobs*

saved1122 wrote:
somehow, someone has to die and Takeru seems to be the "perfect candidate" for that...just when i start thinking that he and Ruka shud be together!!! anyway, it seems now Takeru and Ruka's chemistry is shooting up man....feels comfy seeing them ard...where else Ruka/Michiru scenes seem weird and uneasy these days...but im still a RxM fan! whether RxM or RxT, it will be good for me! (im thinking too much :goggle: )
Takeru cannot die, noooooo!!! But I think it will be him, yes... :cry: Hmm, maybe Sousuke maims Takeru severely, and Ruka in a fit of anger at Sousuke for hurting her friends (she finds out that Sousuke rapes Michiru too), snaps and kills Sousuke in revenge (refering to that incident Michiru was talking about) and goes to jail. That leaves Michiru all alone in the end. So tragic!

I am torn between wanting RukaxMichiru happy (lesbian lurve is soo hot! :lol ) and rooting for Takeru to win Ruka's heart (he's soooo sweet and true to her! :wub: ). For once, just once.....can we end the story with a happy threesome? TakeruxRukaxMichiru FTW!! They'll make a cute family! :cheers:

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 30th, '08, 07:30

lunargen wrote:
Don't get me wrong, Ueno-san's more than capable enough to distinguish the characters from each other, but, I just can't help feeling like this.
Aww. Why do you feel that? :-( I am crossing my fingers for a NC sequel too (I wonder if Tamaki Hiroshi is watching LF and what he thinks of it. :-) )

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 30th, '08, 07:41

bmwracer wrote:One final thought about the preview for Episode 9 that just hit me:
I've got this sinking feeling in my stomach that possibly Sosuke's assault on Takeru happens at the end of the episode, carrying it into Episode 10.... :(

And making us viewers even more crazy than we are now after this preview. :sweat:
LOL
Much like Sousuke's "suicide"? LOL!

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 30th, '08, 07:43

Help me with my sh*t Japanese!
What EXACTLY did Ruka's letter say? I get the impression she came out to Takeru (about the transgender stuff), but it was kind of only alluded to. What were the exact words?"

ruka_michiru

Post by ruka_michiru » May 30th, '08, 08:09

sarah117 wrote:where did you get the RAW episode??? there's no torrent for this episode in d-addicts yet rite?
Te Amari wrote:Most seriously, how, or where else did you get the episode? I searched the torrents...many many times, and it doesn't seem to be here.
I'm sorry guys, I just saw your post now, I've went to bed right after I posted my last post. Anyway, I found it in veoh.

I don't know if you could call that RAW, so sorry for the confusion.

chrry370

Post by chrry370 » May 30th, '08, 09:28

hmm...after the warnings to not watch the preview for ep 9, it actually got me more curious and watched it on veoh lol... :D

I was like :scratch: on the scene where Ruka and Michiru say goodbye (i'm just guessing since i watched it in RAW!) for the last time near the end. They seem so distant when yet they claim to be good friends??? It was quite awkward as well, lol not even a hug but only a handshake?

And on the other hand, it was great to see the Ruka/Takeru scene. But it does look like the two are together from Michiru's pov, eh?

Btw what did Ruka write to Takeru??? Did she confess?

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 30th, '08, 10:38

Trailer for episode 9 is up on the website!!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 30th, '08, 13:39

lunargen wrote:
lzydata wrote:
"At that time I thought I was seeing one kind of love being born, Ruka. But I didn't know anything about you, even someone as important as you..."
That was it!! LOL I was racking my brains trying to remember (the veoh link didn't work so I couldn't check), since all I could remember was this fleeting thought that Michiru thought there was something between them.
bmwracer wrote:Don't write off Takeru yet... The previews could possibly be misleading just to suck in the viewers... Previews can be very manipulative.
bmwracer wrote:I've got this sinking feeling in my stomach that possibly Sosuke's assault on Takeru happens at the end of the episode, carrying it into Episode 10....
Now that you mention it... you have a very good point. Goodness I just pray they don't manipulate it too much and botch the entire drama with a lousy ending. *___*

Although I STRONGLY don't want them to extend the attack to episode 10, I have a gut feeling they will. Darn authors and ratings :(
Yeah, it would be a drag of they milked the assault on Takeru, but hey, they did the same with Michiru's beatings earlier in the show, ne?

There's gonna be a lot of anxiety, pain, and anguish in the next three episodes, I'm afraid. :sweat:
EDIT: The Episode 9 preview messed me up: I had a hard time sleeping last night.... :sweat:
I don't know why you'd say that... It's still early in the year... Juri-chan's hair will grow back to Nodame proportions. :thumleft: :wub:

gustov

Post by gustov » May 30th, '08, 18:06

aaaaaaaaaah, the last part of ep8 was so good!!!! i literally was tearing up, and i hardly do that to anything. i really love the development between takeru and ruka. i don't care much for sousuke. his storyline is so cliche and there's no real explanation behind what he's doing. but from the previews, i'm going to hate him. lol. well until the next ep, i'll go watch the last scene again. aaaaaaah, just love it.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » May 30th, '08, 18:11

can't help myself to watch the RAW ep8, eventhough i don't understand japanese at all~!! :P
can't believe Ruka and Michiru just shook each other's hand before Ruka's depart!!! how come~??!! as best friends, they should at least hug each other and cry like a baby~!! :hissy:

and also when Ruka took his mug, she stared at Takeru's mug and not Michiru's~??!! :scratchchin:

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 30th, '08, 18:40

sarah117: Good spot! I noticed that too!
It's almost brings you to ask - "does she now care for Takeru more??" Also, in the letter, it sounds like Ruka was happy to hear that Takeru loved her but she did not have the courage to accept it?? If only she did... - is my interpretation right???
oooh....but I'm worried for Takeru given the preview of ep 9.... :-(

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » May 30th, '08, 18:43

Hey, guys~

Just watched Ep08 sans subs, even though my Japanese level averages that of a 2 year old at the most. ha! The last scene just prompted my delurking this thread.

It was just such a heartbreaking moment~~~ I kinda have always favored Takeru/Ruka, but as you can see have a soft spot for Ruka/Michiru from my avvie. I'd be happy if Ruka is happy... either Takeru, Ruka... or anybody else. xD

How lucky was I that Last Friends is now the first Jdrama, or Asian drama in general, that I have watched and follow~~~ Now, finally a member of d-addicts... my home for LF!

Tadaima!!!!!! xD

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 30th, '08, 19:12

sarah117 wrote:can't help myself to watch the RAW ep8, eventhough i don't understand japanese at all~!! :P
can't believe Ruka and Michiru just shook each other's hand before Ruka's depart!!! how come~??!! as best friends, they should at least hug each other and cry like a baby~!! :hissy:
I think it shows how their relationship has changed over time...And that Ruka's love of Michiru wasn't really that at all, but merely an infatuation...
and also when Ruka took his mug, she stared at Takeru's mug and not Michiru's~??!! :scratchchin:
Her realization that she cares for Takeru more than Michiru....?

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 30th, '08, 21:30

Y'all are wrong about everything! Ruka is not IN LOVE with Takeru!
I guess you have never had the unfortunate luck to be gay and desperately in love with a friend who won't return your affections. After a point in time it just becomes too painful to keep hoping for something you know will never happen. So you start to distance yourself to protect your heart. That's what Ruka is doing. That's why it seems-to the untrained eye- that she could now care less about Michiru. That's why she only gave Michiru a handshake on the way out. But couldn't you see in her eyes how much more she wanted to say? Or do?

Ruka still loves Michiru. Ruka's love for Takeru is purely of friendship. Takeru is the kind of guy that even I (who is a huge lesbian) could have touchy-feely feelings for. You guys don't know what it means to just be coming out and feel all alone and disgusting in what you are. To have a good friend support you means more than the world because, at that point, there is nothing else. When I first came out I told one friend. To be able to be myself ONLY around him gave us a connection I could have with no one else at the time. It's a powerful connection. Maybe y'all don't understand that.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » May 30th, '08, 21:50

magicmusic wrote:Y'all are wrong about everything! Ruka is not IN LOVE with Takeru!
I guess you have never had the unfortunate luck to be gay and desperately in love with a friend who won't return your affections. After a point in time it just becomes too painful to keep hoping for something you know will never happen. So you start to distance yourself to protect your heart. That's what Ruka is doing. That's why it seems-to the untrained eye- that she could now care less about Michiru. That's why she only gave Michiru a handshake on the way out. But couldn't you see in her eyes how much more she wanted to say? Or do?

Ruka still loves Michiru. Ruka's love for Takeru is purely of friendship. Takeru is the kind of guy that even I (who is a huge lesbian) could have touchy-feely feelings for. You guys don't know what it means to just be coming out and feel all alone and disgusting in what you are. To have a good friend support you means more than the world because, at that point, there is nothing else. When I first came out I told one friend. To be able to be myself ONLY around him gave us a connection I could have with no one else at the time. It's a powerful connection. Maybe y'all don't understand that.
maybe u r right. honestly, i prefer Ruka x Michiru than Ruka x Takeru though. lol

ShikyoxYaiba

Post by ShikyoxYaiba » May 30th, '08, 23:09

...I haven't been here in ages...I've been lurking. (Too lazy to post...lol.)

God, episode 8 was so...AGH! No words to describe it! :(
I noticed that Ruka paused when she was taking her cup...kinda looked at Takeru's. I was all like, "Take it, take it Ruka!" xD Oh...by the way did anyone else notice that some of the cups (I need to look next time...I'm downloading 8 right now) have keys at the top? I wonder if that means anything at all...

I really felt for Takeru in this episode. And WTF? Michiru's boss-person-thing at work is also a victim of DV? Wow...I thought we had seen the last of her... Again with the eye patches, lol.

Takeru's scream at the end of the preview wrenched my heart til it split in two. It sounded so real...I wanna tackle Sousuke now...Strangle him with a cloth with some chloroform on it to knock him out, then dump him in the middle of nowhere. Yes, I'm just that cruel. (But it shows what a good actor Ryo is. xD)

Still rootin' for either a RukaxMichiru or TakeruxRuka ending. :3 I hope Takeru doesn't die... :cry: He's like the type of guy friend I'd look for...they're scarce (where I am) nowadays. DX

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 30th, '08, 23:41

EPISODE 8 and my comments/rants/review. As usual, pardon the length. ^^;

First, the letter(basically the gist of it, stuff in () is my comments:
I'm going overseas in half a year's time for an operation.
The real me is...
Thank you. I was happy when you told me you love me.
I should have told you my problems then, but I didn't have the courage.
It shocked me when you confessed to me. But I didn't want to disillusion you(not sure about this part).
Talking face to face is really scary afterall (scene shows Ruka looking at Michiru), that's why I wrote this letter.
I have always lived by lying to others around me. But Takeru, because you are the first person to say that you love me, because you are the one that opened your heart to me, that's why I can't lie to you.
Takeru, I...the real me is....
(basically she told him but in what exact words, we don't know. )
I write this with tears still drying on my cheeks. Damn that final scene was one of the best in this series yet(or any other JDrama that I can remember)! Eita and Juri seriously worked it! You can feel the emotions pouring out from both of them.
Takeru's emotional outpouring was basically a tsunami after he read the letter. As for Ruka, it came like the tide. Calm at first, then without realising it, everything broke loose as finally, someone accepts her, still loves her and wants to support her even though they knew the truth. It's all Ruka wants for almost her whole life. What Takeru said certainly broke down the wall in her heart(I was right to give him the keys to the bulldozer, lol). The last brick was knocked down the instant he embraced her. That was when her tears(and mine) starts to fall. She embraces him back, Ruka's breakdown, the emotions of gratitude and relief superbly portrayed by Juri. But I still don't think Ruka and Takeru's relationship would go into the romantic side. Soul mates, definitely can see that.
As for Michiru, poor Michiru.
What she sees and what's really happening is totally different. She sees the start of a romance (and despite feeling left out and lonely, probably felt glad for them) but in reality, it was something with a far bigger significance. For Ruka especially. Even if there's just one person that knows the truth and can accept you, it makes a whole world of difference. Michiru has expressed her regrets countless time already in her monologues. Not realizing it is one thing but her biggest regret would be her actions or non-action AFTER she finds out the truth(she will find out in ep10...heh, a small spoiler there).
Now that I've finish the most important part, lets retrace our steps again...

Eri. She had interaction with pretty much all the characters in this episode which was great.
Sosuke definitely sees her weakness and exploited it well. Eri going to the hospital in the first place seems to have some bigger reason to it that to just return the letter. Does she sees him as a representation of all the guys that had abandoned her(and so was gonna rant for Michiru's sake) or was she curious because he's the exact opposite? From the way she seemed fascinated by his single hearted-ness/obsessive-ness in 'showing' his love towards Michiru, it's probably the latter. I sense like they're planting a 'seed' with little plotline with Eri here...
There's also the thing with Eri and the computer...
accidently finding out about Ruka, then consulting Takeru about it(good thinking Eri). I thought it would become a big deal, but am kinda glad they didn't confront Ruka and force her into a corner with it. It would have totally jeopardise everything and we also wouldn't have the whole awesome scene at the end. And Eri said something unexpectedly funny at the bar as she tried to make sense of what she saw. "There's such a wonderful woman right here, but she didn't even looked at me 'that' way" (When Takeru asked her back if she noticed anything about Ruka since they knew each other longer) Lol...I think she would be flattered instead of disgusted if Ruka did look at her 'that' way. Eri also seems to be opening up to Takeru as well which allows us to see more of her worries.
I kinda like Eri's scenes with Ruka too with the letters.
Eri sharing about her love philosophy (never saying that she'll love someone forever since it's almost impossible) and wonders about the existance of Sosuke's "love that will never change". Then we got another glimpse of what Ruka thinks truly loving someone means(first one was in episode 3, with Michiru at the harboour). Her thinking is pretty much still the same. Sometimes, suppressing one's feelings and distancing yourself for the sake of the person you love. That's why Sosuke's selfish actions disgusts her. Because it's the total opposite of what she's forcing herself to do when it comes to Michiru. But I wonder, as she looks at the letter and the "I love you" written on it, if she envies Sosuke at the same time. For being able to say he loves her so easily.
About Ruka's actions...
The whole episode, we have Ruka trying to push everyone away as a defense mechanism. Her "It's better I leave them first before they leave me when they find out the truth" way of thinking. Michiru got it the worse I think, probably because Ruka is afraid of her rejection the most. It's frustrating to see those two...Being friends for so long, they're supposed to be the ones that know each other the best but it's certainly not the case here. At least they manage to get in a friendly conversation/nostalgic walk in the park scene just before Takeru's big entrance. Which reminds me, we gotta thank the GID counsellor for providing such reasonable advice. It definitely influenced Ruka to think again. (I'm really glad they're taking Ruka's issue so seriously and handled it with the sensitivity it reserves while still maintaining the real-ness.) She's still set on moving, but she compromised by writing that letter and sharing the truth with someone close to her. Takeru the obvious choice. The last scene demonstrates the Prisoner Of Love's lyrics pretty well, the harder you try to pull something apart, the stronger it would come together. In this case, Ruka pushing everyone away but the bond of friendship isn't that easily broken. It's probably stronger than love itself, which Michiru describe in the previous episode,"fragile and easily breakable like light snowfall".
Just 3 more episodes left! No~ >_<

crisdrag

Post by crisdrag » May 31st, '08, 00:22

I don't understand Japanese at all so I don't know what they have spoken in ep 8 but in my opinion:

The fact that Michiru and Ruka didn't hug it's not because Ruka doesn't love her anymore. When you love someone secretly for such a long time, like Ruka loves Michiru, it's very difficult to show any emotion with that person, especially if it's a forbidden love. Ruka even said that she cannot be gentle with Michiru because she's afraid to lose her. I think it's enough only to see the way Ruka looks at Michiru to realise her feelings. Plus, Ruka clearly told Takeru that she cannot return his feelings that she likes someone else!
Takeru was the only person ever with whom Ruka can open up and the only person to understand her, without being afraid of rejection. When Ruka looked at Takeru's mug (I noticed that too!) I think it was because she thought about telling him the truth, writing him that letter. The hug at the end of the episode was a hug of friends who understand and accept each other, because they both have issues and secrets and pains.

I think Takeru's beating will happen in the middle of ep.9. In the preview there is his sister, dressed in black !, who rushes in a room. And I think Ruka will receive a call about Takeru too. I think Takeru will die but I hope he is the one telling Michiru about Ruka.
Michiru, confused and in pain, decides to run away, thus the "betrayal" and "disepear from Ruka's sight".

Right now I believe that in the end Michiru and Ruka will meet again. And as much as I hope for a happy ending, like the two of them together , I think they will remain just friends...the "last friends".
But if they put them together romantically they would have created an extraordinary drama and make history...are they brave enough to do that?

ShikyoxYaiba

Post by ShikyoxYaiba » May 31st, '08, 01:31

^Yuuki wrote:EPISODE 8
I'm going overseas in half a year's time for an operation.
The real me is...
Thank you. I was happy when you told me you love me.
I should have told you my problems then, but I didn't have the courage.
It shocked me when you confessed to me. But I didn't want to disillusion you(not sure about this part).
Talking face to face is really scary afterall (scene shows Ruka looking at Michiru), that's why I wrote this letter.
I have always lived by lying to others around me. But Takeru, because you are the first person to say that you love me, because you are the one that opened your heart to me, that's why I can't lie to you.
Takeru, I...the real me is....
(basically she told him but in what exact words, we don't know. )
... .__________. Face to face...TAKERU'S SHIRT ANYONE? *twitch* That is totally weird...