[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 5th, '08, 15:42

sleepyzzz wrote: Btw, in case people weren't aware - looks like Episode 10's name is 愛と死 - pretty sure it means "Love and Death".
Wow. And there's seriously no preview this time? Hmm...it might be too spoilery otherwise? I'm kinda...glad they didn't show it...will keep people at the edge of their seats over what's next. We certainly didn't see this one coming did we? Being distracted with Takeru and all...

Spoiler for episode 10, just another thing the wind told me...
There will be something like "The Michiru who have lost her most treasured person..." used as a monologue in episode 10.

...remember she said something like that too in episode 3? That she was planning to treasure both Sosuke and Ruka...but it was not to be...So that means it's either Ruka or Sosuke?? or does 'lost' means went away instead of dying? I think I need to calm down...
Nishikido Ryo better be careful when he walks down the street or goes out. ^^;

P/S: Congrats on LF thread reaching 100 pages! (and my posts being 9.59% of the topic lol...) :thumleft:
Last edited by ^Yuuki on Jun 5th, '08, 15:49, edited 2 times in total.

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 5th, '08, 15:44

I am waiting for episode 9 ^_^
(should i click on those hidden things or not lol)

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 5th, '08, 15:47

^Yuuki wrote:
sleepyzzz wrote: Btw, in case people weren't aware - looks like Episode 10's name is 愛と死 - pretty sure it means "Love and Death".
Wow. And there's seriously no preview this time? Hmm...it might be too spoilery otherwise? I'm kinda...glad they didn't show it...will keep people at the edge of their seats over what's next. We certainly didn't see this one coming did we? Being distracted with Takeru and all...

Spoiler for episode 10, just another thing the wind told me...
There will be something like "The Michiru who have lost her most treasured person..." used as a monologue in episode 10.
Nishikido Ryo better be careful when he walks down the street or goes out. ^^;

P/S: Congrats on LF thread reaching 100 pages! (and my posts being 9.59% of the topic lol...) :thumleft:
About the "The Michiru who have lost her most treasured person..." Wait.. Isn't it Ruka??..Or sousuke. But since on episode 1 She is writing a letter to ruka or is it a letter for Ruka?. Wait i am confused!! XD
Last edited by kishimoto-ruka119 on Jun 5th, '08, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 5th, '08, 15:49

I think that the casting of Ryo as sousuke is one of the best casting Ive seen in Jdorama yet....
and as so called idol, its quite gutsy to play such a role.
I wonder how his fans can remain fans. I'd find it too hard, haha....but I guess it shows he can act, so that would be a good point to hang on to....

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 5th, '08, 15:54

kishimoto-ruka119: You should put that line under the spoiler tag...^^; And it's just one of the spoilers going around from one of the Japanese mags so don't trust it 100%. I edited my previous tag too. Something I remembered from ep.3.

hadmish: I wouldn't say it's the best casting since Juri and Eita would get that first but it's certainly a gutsy performance from him. And yeah, I salute him for accepting the role. ^^
Last edited by ^Yuuki on Jun 5th, '08, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 5th, '08, 15:55

Wait. Why did they put passwords on the old previews on the special page?!
:|

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 5th, '08, 15:56

At ^Yuuki - Fix'd :D

ic3chubb3

Post by ic3chubb3 » Jun 5th, '08, 16:04

first post in d-addicts!!! proud for it to be in last friends thread.

my god.. pleaseee no deaths pls!!!!!

haruko17

Post by haruko17 » Jun 5th, '08, 16:04

waahh my power was out, i missed ep 9 T_T

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 5th, '08, 16:20

ic3chubb3: Welcome. ^^

If anything, I think ep.9 would be the one pushing people out of the (lurker) closet~ :mrgreen:
You know you want to~ =3

In the mean time, my usual distraction post. It's normally for those that haven't seen the episode but I think those that saw it need to be distracted too. Lol.

Mina JUNE
Ueno Juri~

HQ scans here and here...
:mrgreen:

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 5th, '08, 16:23

TokyoJuice: Yeah I noticed that a few days ago (that they greyed out the old trailers) - not sure what they have in mind.

But I must say that marketing wise, I think Fuji Tv is completely on the ball. Without a trailer, I think everyone's completely hooked and I bet you that next week's rating will sky rocket! :thumleft:

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 5th, '08, 16:26

Yes! Torrent is up.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 5th, '08, 16:29

Rori wrote:Yes! Torrent is up.
thanx for the great news~!!! :w00t:
i'll download it right away.. :lol

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 5th, '08, 16:32

u people so lucky can use torrent...
i can only wait for direct link tomorrow lol..

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 5th, '08, 16:32

OMG the raw's out!! But I need to wait for HD version!! aaah!

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 5th, '08, 16:35

Mooouuu...
I want it toooooo ;___;
That's really depressing...

Btw, thanks for the scans, ^Yuuki!
Juri looks so cute <3

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 5th, '08, 16:35

It says Ruka goes back to the Share House after being attacked by Sousuke. She kinda moves back in and decides to use her life to protect Michiru...(seriously where are the cops??)
Hmmm
From what I hear, in DV situations, the police a really useless. I actually hear the police rarely get involved in domestic abuse situations... Maybe that's why they're not involved in this drama?

I just find it stupid that Ruka would want to continue fighting Sousuke despite the fact that he obviously over powers her. Its clearly obvious that Sousuke is trying to now eliminate everyone in Michiru's life to get Michiru with him but he doesn't seem to understand that doing this will just keep her farther away.

dawnjadeyin

Post by dawnjadeyin » Jun 5th, '08, 16:41

wow i cannot wait to watch episode 9. any sites already upload it i now downloading thru the torrent but it's very slow. or normally when veoh have it?? tomorrow morning??

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » Jun 5th, '08, 16:46

OMG, can't believe I actually saw what I saw!!!
Not just 1 violent beatdown, but two! And to the two most precious characters on this show. I was literally screaming at the end!

First off, I'm pretty sure Ruka told Sousuke she is in love with Michiru and that his "love" for her is the exact opposite of hers. Is he gonna rape her?! WTF! And NO PREVIEWS?!!!

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 5th, '08, 16:58

OMG, this thread jumped 5 pages in a just a few hours!! :O

You people are evil! EVILL!! Giving away so many spoilers about episode 9!!! I....just...have...to...click...defences weakening....argggh!!! :cussing:

Seriously, is this a GOOD ep or a BAD ep??? GOOD as in exciting, surprising and mindblowing? Or BAD as in "I can't believe it!! Gonna hunt down the scriptwriters and lynch 'em now!!"

hyperhikari

Post by hyperhikari » Jun 5th, '08, 17:01

hi all!! yes, im a lurker too but i cldn't resists and needed to ask some questions. i hope you guys can help me with it.

i) i was wondering if the cups can be bought in store in Tokyo? 'cos ill be going there about a week's time. since FujiTV is at Odaiba, do they have an instore there? i cant read japanese so i don't understand the website. :doh:

ii) is Fuji channel on cable or normal tv? 'cos the last time i was there, i think i didnt see FujiTV on my hotel tv. else im so gonna miss the last episode! :shocked:

i was there this spring and i saw huge posters promoting LF. it imemdiately caught my attention and i feel that i should watch it.. well i was not wrong! it turns out to be a really good show. never a show that has caught my attention this much.

btw, by now (i just watched epi8), judging by that last scene.. i kinda feel like perhaps Michiru just doesn't realize that she likes Ruka too. She 'thinks' that her feelings are just because theyve been best friends since forever.. just my thought. what do you guys think? it can happen..

and omg, i cldnt resist and click on all the spoiler tags and argh!!!! just argh!!!

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 5th, '08, 17:07

Ladymercury: It's more than just DV though. We can count on two hands the other stuff he's done that violates the law...The posting up stuff about Ruka, I can understand that she doesn't want things to be made a bigger deal but the current happenings are more than just threats...

hanapyupyu: Don't click~! I think you should feel the shock on your own while watching it. I kinda regret clicking too since I thought I knew all the spoilers there are aleady...lol.
magicmusic wrote:OMG, can't believe I actually saw what I saw!!!
Not just 1 violent beatdown, but two! And to the two most precious characters on this show. I was literally screaming at the end!

First off, I'm pretty sure Ruka told Sousuke she is in love with Michiru and that his "love" for her is the exact opposite of hers. Is he gonna rape her?! WTF! And NO PREVIEWS?!!!
Their love and how they show it is opposite alright. They've been showing us that from the start. Ruka is pretty much portraying the 'healthy' relationship choice as ironic as that might sound. Too 'healthy' is a bad thing too...lol.
I think a rape would be the worse thing that can happen...Is that "the incident" that Michiru says? But how would that count as her 'betrayal'? Would they just skip what happened and show Ruka just going back to the share house? I think they're certainly evil enough...
hikari: I know FujiTV has shops around Japan too. But I'm not sure whether they're sold there or not...I heard the mug cups are sold in Village Vanguard too. They're a popular bookstore in Tokyo.
Last edited by ^Yuuki on Jun 5th, '08, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 5th, '08, 17:14

hyperhikari wrote: i) i was wondering if the cups can be bought in store in Tokyo? 'cos ill be going there about a week's time. since FujiTV is at Odaiba, do they have an instore there? i cant read japanese so i don't understand the website. :doh:

ii) is Fuji channel on cable or normal tv? 'cos the last time i was there, i think i didnt see FujiTV on my hotel tv. else im so gonna miss the last episode! :shocked:
1. as far as I know, not. but it might have changed. you can find them on the web though, for example http://item.rakuten.co.jp/web-what/okae ... up_purple/

2. fujitv is regular braodcasting. any TV will have it, in different areas it might be called something different like yamanashitv or kyoto terebi etc. there isnt a sign for it or anything on it that indicates, you jsut kinda have to know the shows to realise which channel is which. if you're staying at a hotel you can ask them, in fact its usually written (although they might write the local area tv name so you'll have to ask which is fuji). good luck, hope you can catch the last two eps here in Japan.

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » Jun 5th, '08, 17:14

^Yuuki wrote:Ladymercury: It's more than just DV though. We can count on two hands the other stuff he's done that violates the law...The posting up stuff about Ruka, I can understand that she doesn't want things to be made a bigger deal but the current happenings are more than just threats...
magicmusic wrote:OMG, can't believe I actually saw what I saw!!!

Their love and how they show it is opposite alright. They've been showing us that from the start. Ruka is pretty much portraying the 'healthy' relationship choice as ironic as that might sound. Too 'healthy' is a bad thing too...lol.

I think a rape would be the worse thing that can happen...Is that "the incident" that Michiru says? But how would that count as her 'betrayal'? Would they just skip what happened and show Ruka just going back to the share house? I think they're certainly evil enough...
Yuuki...I have a bad bad feeling:
That Sousuke is gonna rape Ruka "Boys Don't Cry" style, Ruka will f*ck Sousuke up, and Michiru will want to help Sousuke rather than Ruka.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 5th, '08, 17:18

I honestly doubt Sousuke is gonna rape her. That would probably lead to her getting knocked up and obviously that's not gonna happen.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 5th, '08, 17:22

Argghh, going bonkers here....someone please knock me out now....the spoilers are like crack....i need....to...know.... :faint: :goggle: :nuts:

Okay Yuuki, I'll take your word for it. This is my last post for the night! Oyasuminasai!! :P

namie

Post by namie » Jun 5th, '08, 17:44

hadmish wrote:
hyperhikari wrote:
1. as far as I know, not. but it might have changed. you can find them on the web though, for example http://item.rakuten.co.jp/web-what/okae ... up_purple/
Uwaaaaaaaa I want to buy them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it possible????Do they send them in Europe?????????I don't understand........Please help me!!!!!! And thanks for the link!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 5th, '08, 17:57

magicmusic wrote: Yuuki...I have a bad bad feeling:
That Sousuke is gonna rape Ruka "Boys Don't Cry" style, Ruka will f*ck Sousuke up, and Michiru will want to help Sousuke rather than Ruka.
Well, I don't think so...at least not in the next episode...I guess I'll just share the rest of what I know about episode 10...
Michiru finds out about Ruka's truth from overhearing her talking with Takeru. Either her feelings or about the GID(so at least that makes the chances of rape by Sosuke lesser else Ruka would have told Takeru about that instead...or go and commit suicide already, *touches wood*sorry for the bad joke...). She has a hard time accepting what she just heard and goes back to her mother's house. Somehow, Sosuke manage to contact her(either through Eri or her mom) and asks her to return back his house key(of course it's an excuse). Michiru goes and find him at the apartment, something shocking awaits...

Right...as usual, don't take it as 100% true.
Plus, there's still one or two motocross scenes in the next 2 episodes. I think whatever "the incident" or "the death" is, it would happen in ep11.

Are they even posting the trailer or summary for ep10 in the website?

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 5th, '08, 18:00

uhm....you can also find them on amazon Japan, and that has an English site as well maybe you should try that.. Ive no idea if they ship anywhere else, though, sorry.
google amazon japan, and then search for okaeri mug.......i hope that helps.

daisyamapi

Post by daisyamapi » Jun 5th, '08, 18:06

hi..minna san
atashi atarashi member desu...

tadaima atashi..ha..ha

this my first post....
wanna join with this thread..
i love this dorama i've watch 'til eps 7..
ryo nikishido news very very frightened in this dorama iyay

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 5th, '08, 18:09

For those interested in the mugs - neither Fuji online or Amazon Japan ships them overseas. If you want them, you will need to go thru a third party who purchases it on your behalf and then post them to you. Apparently this is common issue for many online Japanese shopping sites (i.e. they don't post overseas). I've ordered mine (all three! yay!) - I used http://www.i-tm4u.biz/

I'm a first time user so can't say much but they're meant to be good. They basically charge 10% on the cost of the product itself then slaps on the postage - I wouldn't say it's cheap but it's ok. I just got told a few days ago that just received them and will be posting them out in a few days!! YAY!!

PM me if you want more names of companies who provides this kind of service - better buy them when they're still available!!! haha

namie

Post by namie » Jun 5th, '08, 18:10

hadmish wrote:uhm....you can also find them on amazon Japan, and that has an English site as well maybe you should try that.. Ive no idea if they ship anywhere else, though, sorry.
google amazon japan, and then search for okaeri mug.......i hope that helps.
Thank you!!! But.....amazon japan doesn't ship out of Japan.... :cry: :cry: :cry: I want them so much......... :cry: :cry: :cry:

namie

Post by namie » Jun 5th, '08, 18:43

sleepyzzz wrote:For those interested in the mugs - neither Fuji online or Amazon Japan ships them overseas. If you want them, you will need to go thru a third party who purchases it on your behalf and then post them to you. Apparently this is common issue for many online Japanese shopping sites (i.e. they don't post overseas). I've ordered mine (all three! yay!) - I used http://www.i-tm4u.biz/

I'm a first time user so can't say much but they're meant to be good. They basically charge 10% on the cost of the product itself then slaps on the postage - I wouldn't say it's cheap but it's ok. I just got told a few days ago that just received them and will be posting them out in a few days!! YAY!!

PM me if you want more names of companies who provides this kind of service - better buy them when they're still available!!! haha
Wa!!!!!! Thank you!!!!! But....it is a little difficult for me!! I don't understand how much the shipping costs is. mmm....

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 5th, '08, 19:34

Rori wrote:Yes! Torrent is up.
Cool... But I'm gonna have a hard time sitting through this episode. :sweat:

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Jun 5th, '08, 19:57

namie wrote: Wa!!!!!! Thank you!!!!! But....it is a little difficult for me!! I don't understand how much the shipping costs is. mmm....

what a hottt avatar.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 5th, '08, 20:01

Torrent is up? Yay! Now I can see this epic episode in all it's hi res glory.

Though, I was thinking when replying to a comment on my LJ:
In regards to Ruka and Sousuke's meeting:

I honestly think Ruka said that so that he'd derail his attention from Takeru to her so that no one else would get hurt. I think that's why she said that because Ruka knows that Michiru likes Takeru and not her.

I thought Ruka was really dumb confronting Sousuke like that. He was baiting her, she knew this, yet she continued and he snapped. In a lot of ways, I don not feel sorry for Ruka as she brought it upon herself unlike Takeru who received it due to a misunderstanding.

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Jun 5th, '08, 20:04

Ruka should just like....run Sousuke over with her motorcycle.

and then ride off with Michiru in the sunset. the end! everything was beautiful and nothing hurt....except for sousuke but w/e

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 5th, '08, 20:18

But....
Sousuke is already hurt. LOL, Arrrrrrrr beware of Sousuke the Gimp Legged Pirate!

I'm sorry, but I actually thought it was funny seeing Sousuke walk around all gimp legged and what not

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 5th, '08, 21:22

OMG, i've just watched the ep9 RAW. eventhough i don't understand what they said, but i think i know what's going on.. :cry: this episode turned me upside down~!!! :hissy:
Ladymercury wrote:
Sousuke is already hurt. LOL, Arrrrrrrr beware of Sousuke the Gimp Legged Pirate!
I'm sorry, but I actually thought it was funny seeing Sousuke walk around all gimp legged and what not
in the last scene, i saw that Sousuke have already recovered. did you all see that Sousuke stepped on Takeru's hand with his right leg? i hate him..
Ladymercury wrote:
I honestly think Ruka said that so that he'd derail his attention from Takeru to her so that no one else would get hurt. I think that's why she said that because Ruka knows that Michiru likes Takeru and not her.
yes, i agree with you. she went to see Sousuke eventhough she knew that it was surely a trap. that makes me love Ruka more than ever.. she really is "The White Knight"~!!! owh my Ruka, poor you.. :cry: i really hope she's not getting what we're thinking it will be!! :pale:

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 5th, '08, 21:37

sarah117 wrote:OMG, i've just watched the ep9 RAW. eventhough i don't understand what they said, but i think i know what's going on.. :cry: this episode turned me upside down~!!! :hissy:
Ladymercury wrote:
in the last scene, i saw that Sousuke have already recovered. did you all see that Sousuke stepped on Takeru's hand with his right leg? i hate him..
Yep, I did notice that, or else he would not have been able to take on Ruka the way that he did. I was shocked that he fought her like a man though, then again, he doesn't consider her a woman...

Iatheia

Post by Iatheia » Jun 5th, '08, 21:48

sarah117 wrote:
yes, i agree with you. she went to see Sousuke eventhough she knew that it was surely a trap. that makes me love Ruka more than ever.. she really is "The White Knight"~!!! owh my Ruka, poor you.. :cry: i really hope she's not getting what we're thinking it will be!! :pale:
I don't think that it was a trap originally. But Ruka intentionally provoked him. Didn't she first braced herself and then said something along the lines "The person that Michiru likes is me, so..." I'm not really sure. My Japanese is on the very poor levels, but I think I heard that right.
After that Sousuke's face darkened and he snapped.
You can make fun of me now, but for short moment I thought that Ruka and Sousuke are related. It would have been pretty funny if this was the case, and she would call him onii-san :blink

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 5th, '08, 21:52

Iatheia wrote:
I don't think that it was a trap originally. But Ruka intentionally provoked him. Didn't she first braced herself and then said something along the lines "The person that Michiru likes is me, so..." I'm not really sure. My Japanese is on the very poor levels, but I think I heard that right.
After that Sousuke's face darkened and he snapped.
owh, really? i don't understand their conversation actually, so i suppose you are right. lol..

cuatro

Post by cuatro » Jun 5th, '08, 22:17

about the cup breaking, correct me if im wrong its just a sign or a bad omen in japanese that something bad will happened, obvsly beating the crap out of ruka is really bad but i wonder if its just the start of bigger bad luck and based on the spoiler for episode ten the title say it all, we will finally know who will die next week still crossing my fingers about that

*Okashi*

Post by *Okashi* » Jun 5th, '08, 23:15

Just watched EP09... and omg this was totally nerve-racking!

I just want Soosuke to be punished for everything he's done - but I'm afraid, there have to be made some sacrifices or rather one sacrifice.
I guess the last episode will probably be very hard to watch (as it's still not possible to jump into the screen and help Ruka beat that b*st*rd up XD) and leave a bitter aftertaste. I'm really really looking forward to this however... ^^

... gambatte, Ruka!

misha_takarai

Post by misha_takarai » Jun 5th, '08, 23:38

anyone know what was the rating of episode 9
I hope because it has been very high
someone knows?

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 6th, '08, 01:04

i'm just waiting for ep9 RAW up on Veoh...the wait is gonna be hard though.
seeing all those spoilers, i just wanna watch how sousuke beat Takeru and Ruka up. Coz this will be the first time for me to watch both Eita and Juri getting into a fight like this, not to mention being beat up

LukiaWhitney

Post by LukiaWhitney » Jun 6th, '08, 01:10

Ah~ It's all building up so much now.
I feel like this episode was a lot of drama and not as much "sweetness" as before.

Hm...Sousuke...what can I say?
He's so...carelessly violent. -.-"

And this cliffhanger ending...aaaah!

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 6th, '08, 01:25

I clicked to evil spoilers!! /cries then died/
I need to watch episode 9 badly~!
I hope ruka doesn't get knocked up lol

roon

Post by roon » Jun 6th, '08, 01:44

hadmish wrote:
did you notice the cup didnt break into pieces? I thought that has to be symbolic somehow.....as if Ruka will break a bit, but not totally crumble. but, really, your guess is as good as mine
Don't forget the cup already broke once, but Takeru fixed it.
I'm being an optimist and thinking that the cup broke again, but similar to Takeru's speech to Michiru at the end of ep7, Ruka's wounds will heal with time. But that's just me totally BSing in an attempt to stop being so damn crazy thanks to ep9.

Already said it on JDorama, but if Sousuke rapes Ruka I'm going to set him on fire. I highly doubt he will; I think he just ripped open Ruka's shirt to 'confirm' for himself that she really is a woman. I mean, he spent almost the entire series touting that she isn't one, so you figure he has to be curious!
Another long week ahead until episode 10...

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 6th, '08, 01:49

roon wrote:
hadmish wrote:
did you notice the cup didnt break into pieces? I thought that has to be symbolic somehow.....as if Ruka will break a bit, but not totally crumble. but, really, your guess is as good as mine
Don't forget the cup already broke once, but Takeru fixed it.
I'm being an optimist and thinking that the cup broke again, but similar to Takeru's speech to Michiru at the end of ep7, Ruka's wounds will heal with time. But that's just me totally BSing in an attempt to stop being so damn crazy thanks to ep9.

Already said it on JDorama, but if Sousuke rapes Ruka I'm going to set him on fire. I highly doubt he will; I think he just ripped open Ruka's shirt to 'confirm' for himself that she really is a woman. I mean, he spent almost the entire series touting that she isn't one, so you figure he has to be curious!
Another long week ahead until episode 10...
You got the point, Sousuke will rip her shirt to see um... you know like you said! lol lol

cojung

Post by cojung » Jun 6th, '08, 01:51

Wow the thread was running so fast after EP-9. Just finish see all spoiler tags.

OMG what Last Friends become so tense like hell. I'm dying to see next Episode. Hope nothing bad to Ruka.

How Nishikido live happily now in Japan :glare:

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 6th, '08, 01:52

At cojung: you watched it on TV? or a Torrent?

cojung

Post by cojung » Jun 6th, '08, 01:55

kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:At cojung: you watched it on TV? or a Torrent?
Domou kishimoto :-)

From Torrent. Last night I awoke to click D/L 555. I was peeking this morning to see last scene coz last night I saw many post about how twist at the end. Wanna see with sub now.

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 6th, '08, 01:56

oh i see :D

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 6th, '08, 02:01

someone mentioned bout the fear that this turned out to be sth like Boys Don't Cry. I seriously HOPE/ PRAY it's not gonna be like that. Coz if it is, then i will be depressed coz in that movie, hilary swank friggin died ...in a really brutal way :cry:

Anyway, i also doubt that he'd rape her, since he sees her as a man. :unsure: but whether or not he did rip her shirt just to clarify, that's another matter.

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 6th, '08, 02:12

omg i'm on here like everyday but i don't think it has ever gone so crazy. in just one day it jumped from page 97 to 104. i almost had a heart attack. i was stupid and accidentally clicked on the first spoiler posted about ep 9 and now i'm scared to watch it. she really deserves happiness... :cry:

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 6th, '08, 02:13

Damn that was .... wow... I'm kind of lacking the words for it.

Just some of my thoughts from Ep 9:
The fights... These were sort of interesting to me. Yes, very violent as usual, and equally painful to watch, but they got me thinking. First I'll start with Ruka's fight (even though it came second).

Ruka is the only one that's actually fought back against Sosuke in a physical manner. And I'm very happy that she managed to get some good hits in there herself. Sosuke deserved that and more, so I'm hoping she gets to add to it in the next episode. He so needs his butt kicked, and I'm hoping she'll be the one to do it. Though by this point, I'd even settle to Ogurin kicking his butt if that's who it's got to be, just because I want to see it done.

And needless to say, I'm really hoping that Sosuke doesn't do anything worse to her in the next episode, though I'm kind of scared, considering it was pretty much implied that he raped Michiru in that earlier episode. So, if the cliff-hanger is leading to where it looks like, I can see it coming, but I hope he gets his ass handed to him by Ruka before he can actually make it happen.

Now for Takeru's fight... I found it kind of interesting to see that Sosuke had to basically pull a cheap shot and hit Takeru when he wasn't expecting it at the top of the stairs. It kind of makes me think that Sosuke feels inferior to Takeru (that scene with Takeru telling off Sosuke in front of the sharehouse is coming to mind - the one where he got all super cool and tall looking next to Sosuke ;) ) and that he figures in a fair fight, one on one with Takeru, that he would lose.

I get the impression that Takeru is the "Alpha-male" for lack of a better term (at least in Sosuke's mind), seeing as how in that other encounter, Sosuke basically left with his metaphorical tail between his legs. I'd be curious to see what kind of damage Takeru could have done back, if he hadn't just fallen down a flight of stairs. Cheap move Sosuke, but it just proves how much of a coward he really is.

Now, Ruka on the other hand, is attacked without the element of surprise and she is able to fight back. It's like even though Sosuke does see her as a male, and fights her as if she were one, she is a 'lesser' male and less of a physical threat to him. That or he just wants to make Ruka's fight more personal, because he has a larger grievance against her. I don't know what his motives for making this fight a more fair one would be... but I'm really starting to feel for his neighbors that must have had to listen to many so fights in that apartment by now. Perhaps their walls aren't as paper-thin as mine seem to be.

Either way, it's clear to see that both attacks were planned out (the first because Sosuke was waiting for Takeru to come by) and the second because Sosuke called the sharehouse, and said something to make Ruka come to his apartment. It's just strange that Sosuke would plan to deal with two people in such different physical manners, and it makes me want to know the 'whys' for Sosuke's actions.

Oh, and I loved the breaking of the cup handle at the end of the episode. It's like forshadowing, but more like at-the-same-time-shadowing. Made me think of the other time when Sosuke was beating Michiru while the others were playing cards. The two ideas mixed in together add a nice touch to a very powerful scene.
Now, I'm not really sure, because my Japanese isn't all that great, but my take on what Ruka said near the end:

Just before Sosuke got all "grrrrrr" and attacked her, it seemed to me as if she said, "The person that really love's Michiru, is me. Your love... isn't real love." Or something to that effect.

I wouldn't mind if someone could also translate what Sosuke's voice-over at the very end says. Is that like the spoiler to next week? I couldn't understand it.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 6th, '08, 02:27

Hey everyone!! Rating was at 18%!!

I think there is a chance for it to hit 20% in the next episode!

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 6th, '08, 02:31

Well, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say next week will at least be 18% then... because I can't honestly think that anyone who watched this week's episode would want to miss next week's episode.

I think it was pure brilliance on the part of the creators to leave out next weeks preview... cause it's certainly making me want to see it even more now.

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 6th, '08, 02:38

sleepyzzz wrote:Hey everyone!! Rating was at 18%!!

I think there is a chance for it to hit 20% in the next episode!
hey sleepyzzz you just only finished kannazuki no miko? it's been out for over a year. yea i agree more chikane and less robots but you gotta agree that ep 1 was hilarious with the robot roaring and souma saying HIMEKOOO and the scene jumps to chikane kissing himeko heheh. it's kinda like the scene where michiru saying "my ruka" to sousake and it jumps to ruka winning the card game. basically the guys got owned.

hehe sorry for the ramble but i had to keep myself distracted until i finish d/l'ing the raw even though i'll only understand maybe 1% of it.

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 6th, '08, 02:43

rulan wrote:hehe sorry for the ramble but i had to keep myself distracted until i finish d/l'ing the raw even though i'll only understand maybe 1% of it.
Luckily this show has acting that's so good you can follow the storyline, even if you can't understand everything that's being said. Plus, it kind of breaks up my week when I rewatch it with subs later on ;)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '08, 03:03

roon wrote:
Already said it on JDorama, but if Sousuke rapes Ruka I'm going to set him on fire.
Should I bring the matches or the gasoline?

son2

Post by son2 » Jun 6th, '08, 03:24

arrgggghhh!!! i just watched epi. 9
i can't accept it!!! save RUKA please....

mmmm.... this could be more like hollywood movie
While Sousuke is above her body.
Ruka tries to reach piece of glass and hurts sousuke with it.
she runs from the apartment and calls the police.
sousuke will be arrested by the police and while in jail he killed himself.

and i am gonna sing it "ha ha you're dead, and i am so happy!!!!!"

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jun 6th, '08, 03:27

I really don't have anything to say of value at the moment. I just finished watching ep 9 and all I can think is a whole bunch of expletives. I really enjoyed this episode, and
Hell yeah for Ruka giving him one! I too hope she gets him with some glass before anything bad happens

chrry370

Post by chrry370 » Jun 6th, '08, 03:42

Ratings were 18%? I'm surprised bc i expected it to be a lot higher. Well here's hoping for the 20% mark next week!

All i can say about eps 9 is Ruka NOOOOOO! i seriously do not want anything bad happening to one of the best characters of LF. Damn you Sosuke.
The thought of him raping Michiru and now Ruka just kills me...where is the justice???

ashton

Post by ashton » Jun 6th, '08, 03:57

Hikaria wrote:Damn that was .... wow... I'm kind of lacking the words for it.

Just some of my thoughts from Ep 9:
The fights... These were sort of interesting to me. Yes, very violent as usual, and equally painful to watch, but they got me thinking. First I'll start with Ruka's fight (even though it came second).

Ruka is the only one that's actually fought back against Sosuke in a physical manner. And I'm very happy that she managed to get some good hits in there herself. Sosuke deserved that and more, so I'm hoping she gets to add to it in the next episode. He so needs his butt kicked, and I'm hoping she'll be the one to do it. Though by this point, I'd even settle to Ogurin kicking his butt if that's who it's got to be, just because I want to see it done.

And needless to say, I'm really hoping that Sosuke doesn't do anything worse to her in the next episode, though I'm kind of scared, considering it was pretty much implied that he raped Michiru in that earlier episode. So, if the cliff-hanger is leading to where it looks like, I can see it coming, but I hope he gets his ass handed to him by Ruka before he can actually make it happen.

Now for Takeru's fight... I found it kind of interesting to see that Sosuke had to basically pull a cheap shot and hit Takeru when he wasn't expecting it at the top of the stairs. It kind of makes me think that Sosuke feels inferior to Takeru (that scene with Takeru telling off Sosuke in front of the sharehouse is coming to mind - the one where he got all super cool and tall looking next to Sosuke ;) ) and that he figures in a fair fight, one on one with Takeru, that he would lose.

I get the impression that Takeru is the "Alpha-male" for lack of a better term (at least in Sosuke's mind), seeing as how in that other encounter, Sosuke basically left with his metaphorical tail between his legs. I'd be curious to see what kind of damage Takeru could have done back, if he hadn't just fallen down a flight of stairs. Cheap move Sosuke, but it just proves how much of a coward he really is.

Now, Ruka on the other hand, is attacked without the element of surprise and she is able to fight back. It's like even though Sosuke does see her as a male, and fights her as if she were one, she is a 'lesser' male and less of a physical threat to him. That or he just wants to make Ruka's fight more personal, because he has a larger grievance against her. I don't know what his motives for making this fight a more fair one would be... but I'm really starting to feel for his neighbors that must have had to listen to many so fights in that apartment by now. Perhaps their walls aren't as paper-thin as mine seem to be.

Either way, it's clear to see that both attacks were planned out (the first because Sosuke was waiting for Takeru to come by) and the second because Sosuke called the sharehouse, and said something to make Ruka come to his apartment. It's just strange that Sosuke would plan to deal with two people in such different physical manners, and it makes me want to know the 'whys' for Sosuke's actions.

Oh, and I loved the breaking of the cup handle at the end of the episode. It's like forshadowing, but more like at-the-same-time-shadowing. Made me think of the other time when Sosuke was beating Michiru while the others were playing cards. The two ideas mixed in together add a nice touch to a very powerful scene.
Agreed on all points. I'm glad to see i'm not the only one who was thinking along those lines.

Now as for the last scene- let's face it, he's going to rape her. They don't pull any shots with this show, so don't count on some last second miracle to save Ruka.

@ avieamber: I don't think the fact that he sees her as a man will prevent him from raping her. He knows that she's biologically female. He's not doing it to clarify whether Ruka is male or female. If anything, the fact that she's transgendered probably helps to encourage him.

He's doing it as an act of power and humiliation. To him, she's a massive threat and he feels the need to "put her in her place", so to speak. When he raped Michiru, it was an act of control. This time it's to hurt and humiliate. It's the only way he can really, really hurt her on a personal level. Going after her reputation and attacking those around her are more like forms of intimidation. Something like this- especially for someone who's transgendered- is probably one of the worst things he could do.

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 6th, '08, 04:10

chrry370 wrote:Ratings were 18%? I'm surprised bc i expected it to be a lot higher. Well here's hoping for the 20% mark next week!

All i can say about eps 9 is Ruka NOOOOOO! i seriously do not want anything bad happening to one of the best characters of LF. Damn you Sosuke.
The thought of him raping Michiru and now Ruka just kills me...where is the justice???
i seriously believe that if people knew what was to happen toward the end then the ratings would have gone through the roof. i mean i saw the preview for takeru's beating but it was nothing cause i knew he wasn't going to die..now onto the spoilers
oh my freakin' :cussing: . damn you sousake. i don't know much japanese but surprisingly i understood alot more than i thought i would have. so my take on this ep. even though some people might say what ruka did was completely stupid and might even laugh at her but if you think about it she's not at all stupid. She knew exactly what was going on and probably what will happen to her but yet she still went. Like someone mentioned earlier...she provoked sousake because she wanted to protect those around her. well and part of it probably was revenged for takeru.

yea she going to his house probably wasn't a good idea but in a way she was standing up to him. so far no one has been able to stand up to him physically even though takeru did handed to him in that one speech takeru did in front of the house...it still wasn't physical. ruka with her small body but strong heart managed to fight back but sadly only temporarily. i guess in a way i can understand her feelings. she wants to protect michiru no matter what and like takeru said in his monologue that she'll protect michiru even if it causes her death.

i don't know why but the moment sousake walked in and locked the door i knew that ruka wasn't going to leave in one piece. Then when he threw her onto the bed i kept thinking omg he's going to rape her. then he tore open her shirt i knew that's what they were going toward. i really hope that it's not going to happen but i really fear so. in a way it wouldn't be of much a surprise.

it's true that sousake doesn't see ruka as a girl but she's still a girl no matter what. my take is that he'll rape her to prove that she's only a girl and inferior to him. it's a classic case of dominance and inferiority for most rape cases.

Like most of you guys I was stunned and didn't know what to do after that scene. I just started at the last image on screen of them laying there tied together. My whole body was shaking and I couldn't believe the writers actually went that far. I never saw 'boys don't cry' but I know about it and what happened kind of. I really would hate it if they went anywhere close to that route for ruka. She's our angel and at the same time our knight in shining armor. If anything was to happen to her i'll join you guys in burning sousake. I'll bring the matches.

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 6th, '08, 04:32

Now as for the last scene- let's face it, he's going to rape her. They don't pull any shots with this show, so don't count on some last second miracle to save Ruka.

@ avieamber: I don't think the fact that he sees her as a man will prevent him from raping her. He knows that she's biologically female. He's not doing it to clarify whether Ruka is male or female. If anything, the fact that she's transgendered probably helps to encourage him.

He's doing it as an act of power and humiliation. To him, she's a massive threat and he feels the need to "put her in her place", so to speak. When he raped Michiru, it was an act of control. This time it's to hurt and humiliate. It's the only way he can really, really hurt her on a personal level. Going after her reputation and attacking those around her are more like forms of intimidation. Something like this- especially for someone who's transgendered- is probably one of the worst things he could do.
[/quote]
I agree. we can see how upset she was when her senpai kissed her. this is more than just physical violation but it can break her down completely. for any normal person to get raped is already a tragic thing but for ruka it drive her to give up on everything.

sad_dumpling

Post by sad_dumpling » Jun 6th, '08, 04:35

PLLEEEZE WHERE CAN I FIND EPISODE 9?!?!?!
aaarrrrrrrgggg.... i'm dying :cry: ....
this is wat i get for reading spoilers

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '08, 04:37

Dammit.

Haven't finished the download, but I couldn't help reading all the spoilers. :sweat:

I can't sit through this episode and be able to focus at work tomorrow, much less sleep tonight...

If justice isn't finally served in this drama after going through all of this, I'll be really freaking pissed... :cussing:

ShikyoxYaiba

Post by ShikyoxYaiba » Jun 6th, '08, 04:39

Now I'm just in denial that he may rape her...it looks like it. But the next excuse that came to my mind was that he wanted less in the way to stab her with the shards of the lamp...lol, not gonna happen as far as I can see... My mind just doesn't wanna accept the fact.

"That (terrible) incident" huh? Sounds like this could be it...
SUBS. I NEED SUBS. *weeps* This week's ep was harder than usual to understand. My knowledge of Japanese (speaking wise) is merely developed from being an anime fan. I usually understand the entire gist of the ep...but this one was like...huh? DX

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 6th, '08, 04:39

actually i havent watched ep9. I just read all the spoilers xD So, until i see with my own eyes...the LAST SCENE, i'll come up with my own prediction, coz all i read was Ruka and Sousuke fighting, then now someone mentioned, BED? yeah...i'll just wait and watch for myself

son2

Post by son2 » Jun 6th, '08, 04:41

sad_dumpling wrote:PLLEEEZE WHERE CAN I FIND EPISODE 9?!?!?!
aaarrrrrrrgggg.... i'm dying :cry: ....
this is wat i get for reading spoilers
http://community.livejournal.com/ourhou ... 5#t5992225
or here
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14150115fZ9A4n7A?rank=1&

sad_dumpling

Post by sad_dumpling » Jun 6th, '08, 04:44

son2....
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! i owe you my life

roon

Post by roon » Jun 6th, '08, 04:50

rulan wrote:
I agree. we can see how upset she was when her senpai kissed her. this is more than just physical violation but it can break her down completely. for any normal person to get raped is already a tragic thing but for ruka it drive her to give up on everything.
See, that's why I don't think it's going to happen.

If Ruka were to get raped, I think the effects really WOULD break her -- maybe to the point of suicide. But given that she's apparently okay enough to take part in a motocross race for eps 10 and 11 (that thing they were mass casting for), I dunno. Does she just get raped and walk it off? I don't think she's the type.

She pushed her coach when he kissed her, so I think if Sousuke were to even TRY to take Ruka's pants off, she'd have one last ounce of strength and bash him in with... something.

But this is me being EXTREEEEEEEEEMELY hopeful. If it does happen, we'll have an entire angry mob of people wanting to set Sousuke on fire..

@bmwracer: I'll bring the flamethrower. ;x