[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ShikyoxYaiba

Post by ShikyoxYaiba » Jun 7th, '08, 02:54

This is super off topic, but I can't seem to get it out of my head for some reason. XD Is it me or is Juri-chan's hair growing back? :3 It seemed really poofy...as though they were trying to hide the fact that it grew in ep 9. xD Either that, or they bought some new hair product...jk. XD (Or maybe my vision has just gone down the drain...)

Yeah, random fact I noticed.

Thank god it looks as though she'll be okay. They have me on the edge of my seat and now I simply cannot wait until next thursday. T~T Or for the subs for this ep. XDD Too bad I can't live stream it...for me I think it shows at 6am, and at that time I'm getting ready for school. (Zero period is a pain.) Although...when does the special show? If I'm lucky then it'll be after school ends. :D

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 7th, '08, 03:04

As for Takeru's cup, yes, it broke at the beginning when him and Ruka ran into each other. If I remember correctly, he fixed it (I'm guessing with glue, I wouldn't know what else he could use for it) and then tried to give it back to Ruka the next time he saw her. She didn't want it, and had gotten a blue cup for herself instead. He then kept the purple cup for himself.
As for that cup in episode 9, I can't really tell if there is or isn't the crack marks in the cup. I can't find a good enough picture of it. The only time I remember seeing the cup in this episode is when Michiru made something for Takeru after he was hurt, and then at the end when it broke for the second time. I re-watched both sections, but couldn't make out anything clear enough to see if it was a different cup or not. Perhaps there's something in there that I'm missing...
I had never thought about that Rulan... that's a good idea.
It was making me wonder why to put those scenes in there (the co-worker at the DV book section, and then the one where Eri sees her in the hospital - not that she knew her, so I don't think she'd have reason to tell anyone about that), and bring back one of the characters that we'd only seen briefly before.

If they do decide to make her "the death" that is mentioned in the opening, then it seems like a cop-out on the writers part. If anyone else was thinking like me, I thought it would actually be a death of someone that I'd either grown to love or grown to hate in the show. Not someone that I really didn't care about one way or the other.

Although I don't want to see someone that I love in the show die, and it might be too predictable to hope it will be Sosuke, it just seems cheap to make "that terrible incident, that death" happen to a character I wouldn't have thought twice about, had she not been reintroduced in a later show. I haven't invested time in that character, and I know even less about her background than everyone - including the mysteriously background-free Sosuke, so it doesn't seem right.

And why would "that death" (of a non-friendly person that tormented Michiru at a job she no longer has) be the one thing that forces everyone to be apart. Everyone has stuck by Michiru to this point, I don't think they'll abandon her even if she did ignore the DV signs in a former co-worker.

Geh... it's something to think about, and it makes perfect sense now that you've said it, but I still don't like it. *rips hair out* Too many things to think about. This has got to be the only series that has my brain working on over-drive searching for the clues of what is to come.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 7th, '08, 03:12

i made some screencaps of the cups, well i was bored haha xD
this is in ep1 where it broke...
the bar scene...we can see the crack
then this is from ep9, well it's true that we can't see it clearly but from the handle, if you compare with the first picture, it's different.

just some random stuffs i noticed. :P

and yeah bout Juri's hair in ep9, it does seem poofy...i suppose she's growing her hair back by then, she can't stay Ruka forever xD
Last edited by avieamber on Jun 7th, '08, 03:14, edited 1 time in total.

dawnjadeyin

Post by dawnjadeyin » Jun 7th, '08, 03:13

Hi everyone. really like this drama a lot. was just wondering some of u guys actually got the website to watch the drama direct on thurs night. so anyone can let me have the address to it?? too anxious to watch cannot wait for someone to upload it the next day haha.

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 7th, '08, 03:30

Hikaria wrote:As for Takeru's cup, yes, it broke at the beginning when him and Ruka ran into each other. If I remember correctly, he fixed it (I'm guessing with glue, I wouldn't know what else he could use for it) and then tried to give it back to Ruka the next time he saw her. She didn't want it, and had gotten a blue cup for herself instead. He then kept the purple cup for himself.
As for that cup in episode 9, I can't really tell if there is or isn't the crack marks in the cup. I can't find a good enough picture of it. The only time I remember seeing the cup in this episode is when Michiru made something for Takeru after he was hurt, and then at the end when it broke for the second time. I re-watched both sections, but couldn't make out anything clear enough to see if it was a different cup or not. Perhaps there's something in there that I'm missing...
I had never thought about that Rulan... that's a good idea.
It was making me wonder why to put those scenes in there (the co-worker at the DV book section, and then the one where Eri sees her in the hospital - not that she knew her, so I don't think she'd have reason to tell anyone about that), and bring back one of the characters that we'd only seen briefly before.

If they do decide to make her "the death" that is mentioned in the opening, then it seems like a cop-out on the writers part. If anyone else was thinking like me, I thought it would actually be a death of someone that I'd either grown to love or grown to hate in the show. Not someone that I really didn't care about one way or the other.

Although I don't want to see someone that I love in the show die, and it might be too predictable to hope it will be Sosuke, it just seems cheap to make "that terrible incident, that death" happen to a character I wouldn't have thought twice about, had she not been reintroduced in a later show. I haven't invested time in that character, and I know even less about her background than everyone - including the mysteriously background-free Sosuke, so it doesn't seem right.

And why would "that death" (of a non-friendly person that tormented Michiru at a job she no longer has) be the one thing that forces everyone to be apart. Everyone has stuck by Michiru to this point, I don't think they'll abandon her even if she did ignore the DV signs in a former co-worker.

Geh... it's something to think about, and it makes perfect sense now that you've said it, but I still don't like it. *rips hair out* Too many things to think about. This has got to be the only series that has my brain working on over-drive searching for the clues of what is to come.
well that's true too but...
i don't know why i just feel like when michiru was talking she's just grouping a bunch of memories together. so the main thing would be the betrayal, the terrible incident, and the death. Any of which could have been a reason for her leaving everyone. i guess i'm over analyizing this but i really don't want ruka or even takeru to die.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 7th, '08, 03:31

ShikyoxYaiba wrote: Is it me or is Juri-chan's hair growing back?
I hope so...

I mean, the Ruka cut is hip and all, but I miss that adorable Nodame 'do... :wub:

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 7th, '08, 04:34

Ah! Nice work with the screen caps avieamber... I see what you mean now! Magical changing cups :lol

GiGichan

Post by GiGichan » Jun 7th, '08, 04:42

god, the preview for ep 9 is......>.>. I've been saying to myself the whole time I've been watching the show that sosuke was a freakin sociopath I really don't believe it's possible to rehabilitate him I feel like whatever past trauma he's been through has made him in a dangerous criminal I mean he's SO manipulative and just like Michiru said...it really seems like he values himself above her(and pretty much everyone else it seems)' but I can see why he identifies with that little boy, his mother must have been 'taken away' by a man and therefore she neglected him and so now he sees all males as a threat when it comes to the important females in his life. I think there are people in life who do bad things and don't really understand what they're doing but Sosuke is cold and calculating and very aware of what he's doing and just makes excuses to people so they don't realize what's really going on. I love how he tried to pull that BS on Eri and she was like 'I really HATE guys like you' I like how she saw his true nature but it also sounded like maybe she had been the victim of DV before,

ShikyoxYaiba

Post by ShikyoxYaiba » Jun 7th, '08, 04:47

bmwracer wrote:
I hope so...

I mean, the Ruka cut is hip and all, but I miss that adorable Nodame 'do... :wub:
Lol, I'm a starter when it comes to Jdramas, so I haven't seen Nodame...though I've seen pics of her from it. She looks cute in both haircuts. ;) I think once LF is over, I'll find a download of NC and watch it to start my summer. :D Nothing better than a bit of Ueno Juri to start off the break. XD

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 7th, '08, 05:13

ShikyoxYaiba wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
I hope so...

Lol, I'm a starter when it comes to Jdramas, so I haven't seen Nodame...though I've seen pics of her from it. She looks cute in both haircuts. ;) I think once LF is over, I'll find a download of NC and watch it to start my summer. :D Nothing better than a bit of Ueno Juri to start off the break. XD
i gotta say she is completely different in nodame. i finished watching it two weeks ago while i was waiting for new eps of last friends to come out. i still love her cool and extremely hot looks in LF more. In nodame she's really cute though.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 7th, '08, 05:14

ShikyoxYaiba wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
I hope so...

Make Nodame your top priority. :thumleft:

If you download via torrents, D-Addicts has Nodame in various forms: raw 704x396, raw 1280x720, and two hardsubbed versions at 704x396 (the SARS version is the better of the two, IMO)... I can seed either of the raws, if you're interested. :)

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 7th, '08, 05:32

bmwracer wrote:
ShikyoxYaiba wrote:
bmwracer wrote: I hope so...

Make Nodame your top priority. :thumleft:

If you download via torrents, D-Addicts has Nodame in various forms: raw 704x396, raw 1280x720, and two hardsubbed versions at 704x396 (the SARS version is the better of the two, IMO)... I can seed either of the raws, if you're interested. :)
oh i have the sars version if you need help seeding.

ok so i finally got up enough courage to rewatch ep 9...
while talking to sousake, ruka squeezed her pocket and you see a string. That's the lucky charm that michiru gave to her in ep 2 right? well that lucky charm might work again and ruka will only be injured but nothing more...damn more wishful thinking. also she brought that lucky charm with her so she definitely knew that she'll be in danger. awww.

also when he pushed her to the ground toward the shard of glass i kept thinking 'no not ruka's beautiful face' well you can see a line of blood on her cheek but i can live with that. her battle scar will only make her hotter.

Te Amari

Post by Te Amari » Jun 7th, '08, 06:36

I've been without internet for almost a week, and I've been going crazy since yesterday. I finally watched it...and I'm stunned. (O.o) Most seriously, I'm not sure how I feel about anything, so I know I'm feeling this and it seems I'm not supposed to.
like when Sousuke kept beating Takeru with his crutch? I thought it was hilarious that he was getting beat up by a semi-cripple. But the fight scene at the end was amazing. It felt so real...like I expect that the actors themselves will have wounds from acting a scene so intensely realistic. *shiver*
I can't really understand Japanese, but I know what aishiteru means! I knew what it meant in that last scene, that is. I have no idea....simply, that episode blew my mind.

And I love reading everything you guys are saying. It's all so deep and well thought out! I'm now going to tell all of my non-asian drama-liking friends about this episode, because I can't just restrict it to a forum. And someone please post as soon as subtitles come up, please please please!

Tofuspeedstar

Post by Tofuspeedstar » Jun 7th, '08, 07:20

I'm only 20 minutes into the first episode and I'm already hooked =)

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 7th, '08, 08:24

About her hair, Juri-chan mentioned it before that her hair really grows out fast and it was a problem keeping it the same length when filming. Haha.
rulan wrote:
^Yuuki wrote:I just read the synopsis for ep10 from another source(JP TV mag). The first line certainly sounds very hopeful to me:
瑠可は宗佑に襲われるが、全力で逃げ出す。

Ruka is attacked by Sosuke but, with all her energy, escapes.

So if she was raped, I believe they wouldn't have added the escape with full power part. Just say she returns to the share house. The other parts is basically like what the summary says. Also she will meet her father to tell him the truth.
I think I can breathe easier now...
yea no kidding. i've been moping around work all day with a pissed off expression. sadly besides the people here i have no one else to vent my frustration or even talk about the drama with. i'm so glad for you guys. so now this is my speculation
someone mentioned that michiru's ex-coworker is also suffering from DV. we all saw the short clip of her with the eye path while eri was walking by. now what's the point of having to give her side of the story if it doesn't really impact anyone. unless it does. seriously i'm like watching ep 1 over and over again.

michiru: if i had the ability, to understand people's hearts... If, at least, I could have put more strength in doing that, i wonder if that terrible incident, that death, could have been avoided.

so now i think the death will be michiru's ex-coworker. i mean michiru saw her at the bookstore looking at DV books but didn't do anything about it. so her saying that if only she had paid more attention to her ex-coworker and maybe had taught her what she had learn herself maybe she wouldn't have died. that's my take on why the ex-coworker actually had a story.

either that or the writers are just playing with my mind.
Eh? I really don't think that the death and the incident would end up being the co-worker that bullies Michiru...I think it would be out of character for the writers to pull something like that in the first place. They've been pretty much giving us the real deal even if it's hard to watch so as much as I want my favourite characters to be safe and happy, it'll be hard for everyone to make it out of the next 2 episode unscathed. And why would Michiru be paying that much attention to someone she barely knows and treats her badly anyway. With the way she's blaming herself in the future, it'll definitely be someone really important to her. Someone she treasures. That leaves Ruka and Sosuke. The two most important people in her life.

My thoughts is...that storyline is just to show people that anyone can be a victim of DV. Even those that bullies other people...
Te Amari wrote:I can't really understand Japanese, but I know what aishiteru means! I knew what it meant in that last scene, that is. I have no idea....simply, that episode blew my mind.
Yep. That last scene was awesome right until
Ruka got a good kick in at Sosuke. I think everyone was cheering then. But after that, everyone would be shouting at their screens and tearing they're hair out because we're all so helpless. Can't do anything but watch...GAH. >_<
Now here's my comment about the rest of the episode...

Those happy scenes at the sharehouse really warmed me up and made me laugh. When it's happy it's really happy but when it's sad, it's all angsty and intense. The show really makes us feel everything. I really enjoy the real-ness of the interaction between the characters.
Loved how they sang and celebrated for Ruka's win but Ruka just says "Are you guys stupid or something?". They loved that 'cold' comment because it was so Ruka. Haha. Then there was the scene in the garden with Takeru. Makes me wonder when Michiru opened the door and see that scene, is she jealous? of who? Probably both but a little more on Takeru because it was the first time she saw Ruka with that kind of smile. She's jealous that they're in the middle of the happiness that she can't seem to reach. Then the next morning, they even purposely made Ruka turns towards Takeru just when Michiru woke up. Uhuh...8)
Creepy sister...
barging into people's house like that. You can just see something wrong with her...there's an unpredictability there. I wonder if Takeru's sister will play a role in the train wreck at the end...maybe that's why they're dragging his story and giving us just bits and pieces. Maybe try to kill Ruka when she knows he likes her? LOL...that's a little too far fetched huh? I wonder how his issue would be resolved...
Now about Eri...
Wow, I can't believe she went to visit Sosuke again. I think he holds a special fascination to her because all the other guys she's been with have been fickle with their love. They leave too easily. Sosuke's 'love' and 'persistence must be an attractive thing despite her still hating what he does. The question is, even after seeing Takeru being beaten up like that, would she continue to have sympathy for Sosuke and fall to his trap as well? We'll see that in the next episode's Sosuke/Eri scene.
Takeru is really good with people...
Even manage to 'convert' Michiru's mom. Haha. I like how he manage to at least soften her heart a little. When she hears about how Sosuke have been treating Michiru. Her reaction is a bit sad though, something like "All guys do that kind of stuff so it's normal". I think growing up with that kind of mother and a household like that...Michiru being how she is now is pretty understandable. Hopefully she won't be wielded by Sosuke's money anymore...
Michiru/Sosuke scene
I find it a little weird the way Michiru just suddenly left Takeru and accidentally bumped into Sosuke like that. Even if Sosuke have been stalking her, how did he manage to get into the shop before her? And the important thing she wanted to buy was...umbrellas? Hmm...I think I'll just ignore it like I ignore how Takeru coincidentally saw the crumpled up poster at Ruka's motocross center...

About what she told him, that she has a person she's starting to like, in a later scene with Ruka, we know that she said it so that Sosuke will give up. Like hell he will! That's why Michiru was blaming herself. But she thinks it does have an amount of truth in it. The MichiRuka scene. Ruka had her arms around her and saying that she and Takeru are just friends(with that gentle voice she reserves for Michiru)...I was hoping that Michiru would make use of Ruka's comfortable shoulder for once. Instead she just look so mopey. Heheh. =3

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 7th, '08, 09:14

So there was a 'digest' broadcast of Last Friends just now? It just means summarization of what happened till now right? I only just heard about this. ^^;
6月7日(土) 

16:00~17:30 「ラスト・フレンズ」ダイジェスト放送!
(フジテレビ系)
And these should be the details for the re-broadcast/marathon of the previous episodes~
また、チャンネルα枠にて再放送
6月11日(水) 15:57~16:53 第1话
6月12日(木) 15:57~16:53 第2话
6月13日(金) 15:57~16:53 第3话
6月16日(月) 15:57~16:53 第4话
6月17日(火) 15:00~16:53 第5话 第6话
6月18日(水) 15:00~16:53 第7话 第8话
6月19日(木) 15:00~16:53 第9话 第10话
Next Thursday's episode will be 20 minutes late just to remind you guys again.

2muchsoda

Subtitle for Last Friends..

Post by 2muchsoda » Jun 7th, '08, 09:16

Im lookin forward anybody got subs for ep9...
Please share..
dozo yoroshiku!
Attachments
20080525-2008_05250004.jpg
20080525-2008_05250004.jpg (28.75 KiB) Viewed 3116 times

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 7th, '08, 10:06

Oho~ I have something that would make people happy~

From the Episode 10 preview:
First scene shows Michiru ACTUALLY SLAPPING Sosuke!
(I think she found the protective charm she gave Ruka at his apartment and found out about their fight)

Second scene shows Ruka crying....

Third scene is about Takeru.
I didn't see the preview and have no idea where to get it so it's just something from the people who have seen it. I suspect it's from the end of the digest episode.
Last edited by ^Yuuki on Jun 7th, '08, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.

ashton

Post by ashton » Jun 7th, '08, 10:10

avieamber wrote: and yeah bout Juri's hair in ep9, it does seem poofy...i suppose she's growing her hair back by then, she can't stay Ruka forever xD
Or it could just be that they haven't trimmed it. You don't notice it so much when people have longer hair, but short hair grows out really quickly. Most people with short hair have to have it trimmed and shaped up every four to six weeks in order to keep it looking good. I'm on the four-week side of things and my guess is that Ueno Juri is, too. But i'm just saying that because it looks almost like Ruka's hair keeps pace with mine in every episode.

Sorry. I know that's totally random, but it's something i've been (unintentionally) keeping track of from the beginning of the show. Mostly 'cause i'm convinced the writers snuck into my house and took notes on my hair and wardrobe when they created Ruka.
rulan wrote: ok so i finally got up enough courage to rewatch ep 9...
while talking to sousake, ruka squeezed her pocket and you see a string. That's the lucky charm that michiru gave to her in ep 2 right? well that lucky charm might work again and ruka will only be injured but nothing more...damn more wishful thinking. also she brought that lucky charm with her so she definitely knew that she'll be in danger. awww.
I noticed that, too. I was actually okay through the whole thing until i saw that, and then i started to lose it.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 7th, '08, 10:21

^Yuuki wrote:Oho~ I have something that would make people happy~

(I think she found the protective charm she gave Ruka at his apartment and found out about their fight)

Second scene shows Ruka crying....

Third scene is about Takeru.
I didn't see the preview and have no idea where to get it so it's just something from the people who have seen it. I suspect it's from the end of the digest episode.
Slapping him is NOT ENOUGH! She should at least :cussing: and like just do sth extremely hurtful, after all what he's done. Oh but we didn't see the preview so maybe she did something more than that :unsure: and Ruka *again* crying? ah...why is her life so damn sad? Oh finally, we might get to know Takeru's past. Can't wait for ep10! This is such an agony...waiting like this... :glare:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 7th, '08, 12:08

avieamber wrote:
Slapping him is NOT ENOUGH! She should at least :cussing: and like just do sth extremely hurtful, after all what he's done. Oh but we didn't see the preview so maybe she did something more than that :unsure: and Ruka *again* crying? ah...why is her life so damn sad? Oh finally, we might get to know Takeru's past. Can't wait for ep10! This is such an agony...waiting like this... :glare:
Well, I think that's a big enough step for her. I'm just afraid of what he'll do to her next...then again he's already done the worse? Next step is hurting/maiming people she loves.

BTW, looks like the next episode is the last episode...I don't know how I missed it, but it says there at the preview "Next Week, Last Episode" "Love and Death"....I'm confused...@_@

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 7th, '08, 12:32

what only 10ep??

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 7th, '08, 12:36

Next ep is last?

I should have never had read the spoilers :(

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 7th, '08, 12:36

only 10 eps? yeah *same reaction here*

:blink :cry:

nooo~~~ i want 11 eps...

crisdrag

Post by crisdrag » Jun 7th, '08, 12:37

What if the "terrible incident" and "the death" are the same?? What if crazy S. calls Michiru and then kills himself in front of her, which will shock her terribly, and then she leaves everything and goes away?
To me , clearly S. will die, because, if he finds out that he will also have a child he will never leave Michiru alone...ever!
That's just an idea...

aisugirintea

Post by aisugirintea » Jun 7th, '08, 12:46

can't wait for episode 10! i think there's a total of 11 episodes and someone mentioned bout a special episode? though with someone dying, especially if is one of the main characters, i doubt there would actually be a SP.
no~ please don't rape her!! my ruka~ =( i really like her character a lot in this one. oh man~ the sousuke is seriously W%@%#@($##@!!!

and takeru sister is seriously annoying. IF she had sexually assaulted her own brother in the past, how can she just take it that nothing had happened and keep harrassing him like that?! the thought of what she could possibly did to takeru is grossing/freaking me out. -___-"

ogurin is weak. period. even though to an extent, eri is just using him since obviously, she's lonely and also, have always been seeking for happiness.
how i wish ruka and takeru can be together~

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 7th, '08, 12:56

aisugirintea wrote:can't wait for episode 10! i think there's a total of 11 episodes and someone mentioned bout a special episode? though with someone dying, especially if is one of the main characters, i doubt there would actually be a SP.
I was the one to post that too. That's why the confusion now. I'm wondering if the wordings they used makes a difference
6月12日 第10話 22:20~23:14
    (スタートが20分繰り下がります)
     ※スポーツ番組延長のため
6月19日 最終話 22:00~23:09 (15分拡大)
6月26日 特別編 22:00~23:24 (30分拡大)
Above was what I quoted(from Masami's Talent Agency Website). For the preview for episode 10, they used 最後章 (saigoshuu) which means last chapter. Above, for the supposedly scheduled episode 11 on the 19th, they used 最終話 (saishuu hanashi) aka last story(normally this is used for dramas). So I think...last chapter isn't really the final episode but the end of the current timeline. Episode 11 would be something like an epilogue. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me. And I don't think the official website mentioned anything about it being the final episode anywhere. So...will see...

In the mean time, here's the screencaps for ep10 preview:

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Jun 7th, '08, 13:05

[quote="ShikyoxYaiba"]
Now I'm just in denial that he may rape her...it looks like it. But the next excuse that came to my mind was that he wanted less in the way to stab her with the shards of the lamp...lol, not gonna happen as far as I can see... My mind just doesn't wanna accept the fact.
I don't think it's going to happen either. I mean, a few episodes ago they were trying to make us think that Souske would kill himself, and he didn't. But then again, you may have company in that denial... :cry:

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Jun 7th, '08, 13:12

roon wrote:
rulan wrote:
I agree. we can see how upset she was when her senpai kissed her. this is more than just physical violation but it can break her down completely. for any normal person to get raped is already a tragic thing but for ruka it drive her to give up on everything.
See, that's why I don't think it's going to happen.

If Ruka were to get raped, I think the effects really WOULD break her -- maybe to the point of suicide. But given that she's apparently okay enough to take part in a motocross race for eps 10 and 11 (that thing they were mass casting for), I dunno. Does she just get raped and walk it off? I don't think she's the type.

She pushed her coach when he kissed her, so I think if Sousuke were to even TRY to take Ruka's pants off, she'd have one last ounce of strength and bash him in with... something.

But this is me being EXTREEEEEEEEEMELY hopeful. If it does happen, we'll have an entire angry mob of people wanting to set Sousuke on fire..

@bmwracer: I'll bring the flamethrower. ;x
I agree too. That previous incident made her so angry with herself for 'letting it happen' that she's going to fight doubly hard this time. And good point about the race in the next eps! :-)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 7th, '08, 15:10

^Yuuki wrote:BTW, looks like the next episode is the last episode...I don't know how I missed it, but it says there at the preview "Next Week, Last Episode" "Love and Death"....I'm confused...@_@
Ehhh???

What the heck is going on?

First it was 11 episodes, then 12, then back to 11 with a SP, now it's only 10???

Why is the production of this drama so screwed up? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

aisugirintea

Post by aisugirintea » Jun 7th, '08, 15:34

(スタートが20分繰り下がります)
     ※スポーツ番組延長のため
ah~ okay. if this is from the official source, i believe there is a total of 11 episodes. that should be correct. and then a special episode on the 26th of june.

im dying to watch the next episode. RUKA~

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 7th, '08, 15:52

aisugirintea wrote:
    (スタートが20分繰り下がります)
     ※スポーツ番組延長のため
ah~ okay. if this is from the official source, i believe there is a total of 11 episodes. that should be correct. and then a special episode on the 26th of june.

im dying to watch the next episode. RUKA~
But that isn't from the official source aka the official website. The website didn't mention anything about specials or which episode is the last....

Btw, those waiting patiently for the subs for episode 9, it's still in progress but in the mean time, you can check out the Last Friends manga scanlations for the prologue just posted by Suketeru here:
http://suketeru.livejournal.com/35799.html

Don't forget to leave your comments. =)

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 7th, '08, 17:24

So I saw episode 9 twice without subs and understood it better after reading a summary from a blog.

It was a really intense episode, left me with my heart in my throat for the last 10 minutes.
-Nice, happy scenes of sharehouse members celebrating Ruka's qualification made me smile. :-) This show is so full of angst, we need more scenes like that to prepare us for when the **** hits the fan (it's starting to in the second half of episode 9).

-Takeru and Ruka scenes made me *squee*. Look at how comforable Ruka is sleeping next to Takeru. These two will be close friends for life for sure (that is, if damn Sousuke doesn't ruin things :x ). Michiru on the other hand, is awkward when she's physically close to Takeru.

-Michiru and Takeru getting caught in the rain was one scene that I LOLed at. cuz Takeru, the boy, is the one who brought out the umbrella from his bag and not Michiru, the girl. hehehe! Takeru-kun, what else do you keep in that trusty bag of yours - a mirror and sunblock? :lol

-Agree with those who said that it was very cowardly of Sousuke to ambush Takeru on top of the stairs. What, Sousuke? You can't take on Takeru man-to-man? Jeez. Poor Takeru got the wind knocked out of him falling down the flight of stairs. I wish he could've recovered enough to fight back Sousuke, instead of helplessly laying frozen on the floor like that. He must've been too much in shock that he wasn't able to react. Being a gentle guy like Takeru, I don't think he had many brawls in his life.

-After Takeru got so badly bashed up like that, why doesn't anybody call the cops? Throughout the next 10 minutes, I was screaming internally, "Call the police to haul up Sousuke, dammit and throw him behind bars!!" It's really incredulous why no one in the sharehouse are calling the police, when it's so obvious that Sousuke is demented and their own lives are in danger. This is way beyond DV, it's clearly premeditated physical assault and battery.

-Ruka getting the phone call from Sousuke and going over to his place - Okay, it was reckless to do that knowing what Sousuke is capable of, but I wouldn't call Ruka stupid for she knew exactly what she was doing, and that was in character of what somebody like Ruka would do - putting herself out on the line to protect the lives of those she cares about. Like a gladiator who willingly enters the colliseum to fight with the lions despite the high probability of getting killed, Ruka doesn't think of her own safety first when she confronts Sousuke. She's proving a point to Sousuke that she will NOT be intimidated by him even though she knows it's dangerous to go there by herself being 1) a woman 2) trapped in his apartment. Doing something inspite of the fear you feel inside is what true courage is all about. When Ruka squeezed that charm in her pocket for strength, I really really admired Ruka for her courage and I was soo nervous for what was going to happen. Sousuke tried to intimidate Ruka by threatening to tell her parents about her hospital visits, but Ruka was unmoved. What Ruka told Sousuke determinedly- that Michiru was getting more independent, and she'll be with a guy who knows how to truly love her, a gentle guy, and Ruka wasn't going to let Sousuke take away Michiru's happiness, and that Sousuke's love wasn't real love - was something Sousuke needed to hear, it was not to provoke him but the bitter truth. Ruka was very brave not to mince her words and I LOVED it when she stared him down confidently and resolutely, saying 'I can do that because I"M the one who truly loves Michiru". You go, Ruka!!! Sousuke's mind-games could no longer work on Ruka, and that's why he did the only thing left for losers to do - use physical violence to overcome Ruka. Sheesh, Sousuke, that's brilliant. That'll surely work to win Michiru back.

-The fight between Sousuke and Ruka. I really wish Ruka had brought a baseball bat with her, or put a brick in her bag. But if she did and accidentally killed Sousuke with a weapon, then things will not be in her favour in the eyes of the law. Anyway, I was gripping the edge of my seat and yelling go Ruka when she pushed and kicked Sousuke back. But then he started strangling her and throwing her on the bed and pushing her face down towards the broken glass. arrrghh, Sousuke better not rape Ruka (my denial mode is in full gear) and if he did rape her, then I'm very sure he will be the one to die. Because when Takeru finds out, he will go ballistic on Sousuke if Ruka commits suicide as a result of that rape. Maybe Takeru seeks out Sousuke in revenge and in that skirimish one of them dies, and other goes to jail....Michiru feels responsible for everything and runs away and hides? Too violent and depressing?
About the ex-colleague of Michiru, I don't know what to make of her and frankly I don't care. Her character doesn't interest me. There's so many things happening as it is already. I'd prefer to find out more about Takeru's background, Eri and Sousuke's connection.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 7th, '08, 17:51

hanapyupyu wrote:
But then he started strangling her and throwing her on the bed and pushing her face down towards the broken glass. arrrghh, Sousuke better not rape Ruka (my denial mode is in full gear) and if he did rape her, then I'm very sure he will be the one to die. Because when Takeru finds out, he will go ballistic on Sousuke if Ruka commits suicide as a result of that rape. Maybe Takeru seeks out Sousuke in revenge and in that skirimish one of them dies, and other goes to jail....Michiru feels responsible for everything and runs away and hides? Too violent and depressing?
Episode 10 trailer:

My thoughts...
First scene will take place later in the episode when Michiru goes to return Sosuke's key and after she leaves the share house for her mother's place. So while I'm glad to see and hear that slap, ignore that for now...

Now, the second scene...shows the aftermath of what happened to Ruka. She bought new clothes...obviously can't go back to the sharehouse with torn clothes now right? And she looks so shaken...I don't know what to think. It's either a) she does get raped or b) she manages to escape (using her full strength like what the magazine synopsis said). Whatever it is, I don't think they will show us what exactly happen... The incident still shook her up enough, showing to her that she is still physically a woman despite how male her thinking is. But...I don't think it's cause enough for her to contemplate suicide. Not the Ruka we know. Not when she still has to protect Michiru and the share house people. It'll just mean that Sosuke has won. So, Ruka at least for now, will keep what happened a secret from everyone and act like nothing is wrong. She'll still race in the motocross championship and she'll still have to deal with being outed for her GID issue and she'll still use her life to protect Michiru. If the next episode is really the last, the truth will surely get out at the end during the Michiru/Sosuke confrontation scene.

Third scene, bad news for Takeru's hand...and his career(the movie job).

Fourth scene, Eri saw the magazine that published about Ruka's issue.

*Okashi*

Post by *Okashi* » Jun 7th, '08, 18:18

bmwracer wrote:
I mean, how did Ruka escape/get away/whateever from Sosuke?

Did he just say, "Oh, it's the end of the episode, you can go back to the sharehouse?" *scratches head*

Weird.
LOL

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 7th, '08, 18:35

^Yuuki wrote: My thoughts...
First scene will take place later in the episode when Michiru goes to return Sosuke's key and after she leaves the share house for her mother's place. So while I'm glad to see and hear that slap, ignore that for now...

Now, the second scene...shows the aftermath of what happened to Ruka. She bought new clothes...obviously can't go back to the sharehouse with torn clothes now right? And she looks so shaken...I don't know what to think. It's either a) she does get raped or b) she manages to escape (using her full strength like what the magazine synopsis said). Whatever it is, I don't think they will show us what exactly happen... The incident still shook her up enough, showing to her that she is still physically a woman despite how male her thinking is. But...I don't think it's cause enough for her to contemplate suicide. Not the Ruka we know. Not when she still has to protect Michiru and the share house people. It'll just mean that Sosuke has won. So, Ruka at least for now, will keep what happened a secret from everyone and act like nothing is wrong. She'll still race in the motocross championship and she'll still have to deal with being outed for her GID issue and she'll still use her life to protect Michiru. If the next episode is really the last, the truth will surely get out at the end during the Michiru/Sosuke confrontation scene.

I didn't watch the preview for episode 10 because I'd rather not be spoiled for the last chapter but...

...clicked on your spoiler anyway. lol. I agree with you, it's really not in Ruka's character to just commit suicide even if she was raped, because then who would be there to protect Michiru after she's gone? Ruka will do everything in her power, even give up her life to protect Michiru from Sousuke, when push comes to shove. And I don't see Ruka as weak-minded, if she can keep her GID issues to herself for so long, and still be able to focus on her motor-cross. In this story, Ruka is the protector, not the victim (that's Michiru's role, lol), so it's going to be very anti-climatic for the end to play out that way (rape and suicide) and turn Ruka's role into a tragic victim (which is not how the writers have been building her up). Even if Ruka got raped (heaven forbid!), I think she'd suck it up until the final showdown with Sousuke or THAT incident, whatever it is.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 7th, '08, 18:37

*Okashi* wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
I mean, how did Ruka escape/get away/whateever from Sosuke?

Did he just say, "Oh, it's the end of the episode, you can go back to the sharehouse?" *scratches head*

Weird.
LOL
One of the peculiar things about this series is the abrupt transitions between episodes and that's a prime example: the viewer is left thinking, "Did I miss something? ..What happened?"

I suppose it's a dramatic style of the writer and/or director, but it's confusing. :sweat:

*Okashi*

Post by *Okashi* » Jun 7th, '08, 18:53

bmwracer wrote:One of the peculiar things about this series is the abrupt transitions between episodes and that's a prime example: the viewer is left thinking, "Did I miss something? ..What happened?"

I suppose it's a dramatic style of the writer and/or director, but it's confusing. :sweat:
Yup, so you are left guessing and can imagine the worst without them having to be blunt. 8)

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 7th, '08, 18:55

hanapyupyu wrote:
arrrghh, Sousuke better not rape Ruka (my denial mode is in full gear) and if he did rape her, then I'm very sure he will be the one to die. Because when Takeru finds out, he will go ballistic on Sousuke if Ruka commits suicide as a result of that rape. Maybe Takeru seeks out Sousuke in revenge and in that skirimish one of them dies, and other goes to jail....Michiru feels responsible for everything and runs away and hides? Too violent and depressing?
Nope, that sounds just like something this story could be capable of lol...
I don't think "too violent" or "too depressing" are in the creator's vocabulary. I'm still hoping beyond hope that Ruka will be alright, and that she'll escape somehow... but I can see things unfolding like this, should she be raped, and Takeru finding out.

But please, please no....

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 7th, '08, 19:13

hey yuuki your avatar is awesome. 'lesbian hand check' :clap: that made me laugh sooo hard. actually i love all your other banners too.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 7th, '08, 20:09

rulan: Heheh, it made me laugh too. I just provided the scans, goldengutgirl made the avatars. Visit here. And speaking of siggy, I'll put up something to rally up all the Anti-Sosuke supporters soon. Lol. It's kinda spoilery so will wait a couple more days.
hanapyupyu wrote:
^Yuuki wrote: My thoughts...

I didn't watch the preview for episode 10 because I'd rather not be spoiled for the last chapter but...

...clicked on your spoiler anyway. lol. I agree with you, it's really not in Ruka's character to just commit suicide even if she was raped, because then who would be there to protect Michiru after she's gone? Ruka will do everything in her power, even give up her life to protect Michiru from Sousuke, when push comes to shove. And I don't see Ruka as weak-minded, if she can keep her GID issues to herself for so long, and still be able to focus on her motor-cross. In this story, Ruka is the protector, not the victim (that's Michiru's role, lol), so it's going to be very anti-climatic for the end to play out that way (rape and suicide) and turn Ruka's role into a tragic victim (which is not how the writers have been building her up). Even if Ruka got raped (heaven forbid!), I think she'd suck it up until the final showdown with Sousuke or THAT incident, whatever it is.
Haha, sorry for spoiling ya~ :mrgreen: I agree with what you said too. But perhaps Michiru would end up having a reversed role at the end. Haha. When she hears about what DV guy did... The trailer is only 8seconds long(first half doesn't really count). What I wrote was a lot more of a spoiler. ^^; But even as you think you know what's coming each episode still manages to catch you off guard...

ShikyoxYaiba

Post by ShikyoxYaiba » Jun 7th, '08, 21:52

^Yuuki wrote:About her hair, Juri-chan mentioned it before that her hair really grows out fast and it was a problem keeping it the same length when filming. Haha.
Looks like she and Hikki have something in common. Lol, their hair grows quickly. XP Didn't Hikki say somewhere in her blog that that's a sign of being perverted? :scratch: Well...something like that anyway. Thinking about it makes me laugh though. XDD
^Yuuki wrote:Oho~ I have something that would make people happy~

... :D YAY! You shoulda seen how many times I replayed that slapping scene. My dad was in the room and he was like, "Danielle what the heck are you doing?" XDDD It's just so enjoyable....

...Who wants to instruct Michiru on how to use a flamethrower? :3 xD

ruka_michiru

Post by ruka_michiru » Jun 7th, '08, 22:06

Would really appreciate it if someone could translate or make a quick summary of Ruka & Michiru's conversation in Michiru's room. And what does Michiru needs from her Mom? Thanks a bunch :-)

Yuuki, thanks for providing us lots of Ruka/Michiru goodness (I mean, the clips, pictures and tips, even the spoliers.) Maybe you should start making a site dedicated to Ruka/Michiru with all of the Ruka/Michiru goodness in one place, it'll be a good home to start the Ruka/Michiru fanfic too ... Sorry, if I'm requesting too much, it's just a thought. :whistling:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 8th, '08, 00:56

ShikyoxYaiba wrote:...Who wants to instruct Michiru on how to use a flamethrower? :3 xD
You just need matches and lighter fluid... :thumright:

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 8th, '08, 02:05

hey does anyone know what Last Friends is called in japanese?
thanks!

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Jun 8th, '08, 02:15

fayenatic wrote:hey does anyone know what Last Friends is called in japanese?
thanks!
Isn't it written in katakana? Meaning it's "rasuto furenzu", or just plain "Last Friends".

It's not saigo no yuujin/tomodachi :lol
Last edited by QNSpider on Jun 8th, '08, 04:19, edited 1 time in total.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 8th, '08, 02:29

fayenatic wrote:hey does anyone know what Last Friends is called in japanese?
thanks!
I thought they used " Last Friends" too? just the way they pronounce it is different...

but forgive my bad japanese, all i can think of is * saigo no tomodachi* :unsure:

btw, about the trailer
the slap look good. but she should punch him instead imo :cussing: oh and Ruka really looked pretty shaken up, it's only like 1-2 seconds but enough to show how much in a shock she is after the incident, *but we don't know whether she's raped or not yet*

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 8th, '08, 03:14

avieamber wrote:

btw, about the trailer
the slap look good. but she should punch him instead imo :cussing: oh and Ruka really looked pretty shaken up, it's only like 1-2 seconds but enough to show how much in a shock she is after the incident, *but we don't know whether she's raped or not yet*
No, even a punch is not enough. I'd say she should drug him with a drink, then when he's all passed out, castrate him! :cussing:

By the way, I came across some interesting posts from blogs that i'd thought you guys might want to read for light distractions until the next episode.

this one compares Sousuke's love with Ruka's and Takeru's. It spoils up to episode 8. It's called Selfish love -

http://nekodan.wordpress.com/2008/06/06 ... fish-love/

this one is a screencap summary of episodes 7 and 8, the comments under and usercomments made me :lol Ruka and her tight pants, haha!

http://darkeyedwolf.livejournal.com/291 ... l#comments (takes you direct to the comments)

Enjoy! :-)
Last edited by hanapyupyu on Jun 8th, '08, 06:21, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 8th, '08, 03:23

"Die, Sosuke !!!!!!"

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 8th, '08, 03:45

hanapyupyu wrote:
avieamber wrote:

btw, about the trailer
No, even a punch is not enough. I'd say she should drug him with a drink, then when he's all passed out, castrate him! :cussing:

By the way, I came across some interesting posts from blogs that i'd thought you guys might want to read for light distractions until the next episode.

this one compares Sousuke's love with Ruka's and Takeru's. It spoils up to episode 8. It's called Selfish love -

http://nekodan.wordpress.com/2008/06/06 ... fish-love/

this one is a screencap summary of episodes 7 and 8, the comments under and usercomments made me :lol

http://darkeyedwolf.livejournal.com/291 ... d=14899285

Enjoy! :-)
oh yeah! CASTRATE HIM!!!~ *reminds me of Hard Candy movie* LOL... :blink

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jun 8th, '08, 03:51

ruka_michiru wrote:Would really appreciate it if someone could translate or make a quick summary of Ruka & Michiru's conversation in Michiru's room. And what does Michiru needs from her Mom? Thanks a bunch :-)
Since she's staying on, Michiru basically needs a co-signer for her room in the sharehouse. That's why they go to her mom.

Rough summary of the conversation b/w Ruka and Michiru:
Michiru blames herself for Takeru's condition, but Ruka tells her it isn't her fault -- it's Sousuke's. Michiru contradicts Ruka by telling her that she is directly responsible for Takeru being attacked because she told Sousuke that she had fallen in love with somebody else. Michiru thought that if she didn't say that, he wouldn't give up. But even so, it wasn't a lie. Michiru really has fallen in love with somebody else.

Ruka asks Michiru if she's in love with Takeru, but she just shakes her head that she doesn't really know either. After all, Takeru loves Ruka, and Michiru thinks Ruka reciprocates those feelings.

Ruka says the same thing Takeru told Michiru earlier: They're friends. It's not what (the kind of relationship) Michiru thinks it is.

son2

Post by son2 » Jun 8th, '08, 05:17

aisugirintea

Post by aisugirintea » Jun 8th, '08, 05:46

^ ラスト・フレンズ = rasuto.furenzu

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 8th, '08, 06:08

Michiru/Sosuke scene
I find it a little weird the way Michiru just suddenly left Takeru and accidentally bumped into Sosuke like that. Even if Sosuke have been stalking her, how did he manage to get into the shop before her? And the important thing she wanted to buy was...umbrellas? Hmm...I think I'll just ignore it like I ignore how Takeru coincidentally saw the crumpled up poster at Ruka's motocross center...

About what she told him, that she has a person she's starting to like, in a later scene with Ruka, we know that she said it so that Sosuke will give up. Like hell he will! That's why Michiru was blaming herself. But she thinks it does have an amount of truth in it. The MichiRuka scene. Ruka had her arms around her and saying that she and Takeru are just friends(with that gentle voice she reserves for Michiru)...I was hoping that Michiru would make use of Ruka's comfortable shoulder for once. Instead she just look so mopey. Heheh. =3
Actually I noticed the last bit too.
Michiru seemed uncharacteristically "mopey". If this was a few episodes ago, she would have gladly used Ruka's shoulder...but instead this time, she seems a lil distant and unresponsive to everything Ruka had remarked about her strictly platonic relationship with Takeru. What gives? That entire scene was completely vague and ambiguous. Michiru, herself, doesn't even give Ruka a straight answer about whether she liked Takeru or not.

And wth was up with the umbrellas? Who did she intend to buy the umbrella for? Takeru? Or, Ruka? Hmmm??

Oh and as for preview for episode 10, good slap indeed Michiru! it's apparent that both girls are just as protective of each other. howww kyooooot :D

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 8th, '08, 06:28

bmwracer wrote:"Die, Sosuke !!!!!!"

Now THAT is a great shot! Ninja!Ruka saves the day!! :lol

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 8th, '08, 06:54

fayenatic wrote:
Michiru/Sosuke scene

Michiru seemed uncharacteristically "mopey". If this was a few episodes ago, she would have gladly used Ruka's shoulder...but instead this time, she seems a lil distant and unresponsive to everything Ruka had remarked about her strictly platonic relationship with Takeru. What gives? That entire scene was completely vague and ambiguous. Michiru, herself, doesn't even give Ruka a straight answer about whether she liked Takeru or not.

And wth was up with the umbrellas? Who did she intend to buy the umbrella for? Takeru? Or, Ruka? Hmmm??

Oh and as for preview for episode 10, good slap indeed Michiru! it's apparent that both girls are just as protective of each other. howww kyooooot :D
My thoughts:

Well, since it's raining and Michiru is without an umbrella and ran away from Takeru because she felt uncomfortable sharing one with him, I'd assume she was going into the store to buy an umbrella for herself.

Maybe Michiru is being mopey because she has a sinking feeling that Takeru's affections are not directed at her. Where she was hopeful earlier on, now she's beginning to fear that she'll end up all alone again. Seeing Ruka and Takeru being close troubles her too. Michiru can rationalise to herself that Takeru and Ruka being a couple should be a good thing, but she cannot bring herself to feel happy for them. This selfish feeling makes Michiru feel bad about herself.

That said, I don't think Michiru is really in love with Takeru, infatuated definitely She's just been through a very bad break-up and her ex-bf is still stalking her. Takeru is like a floatation device for Michiru to hang on to, someone who rescued her from the hellish nightmare that was Sousuke, someone who consoles and supports her, and she is grateful for him. Kinda like when you've been starving for days, when you're given something to eat finally, you'd gobble it up and it'll be like the best food you've ever tasted in the world. After being abused by Sousuke and never knowing what it is like to be treated right, Takeru would seem like a very attractive man to Michiru. With Ruka's encouragement and approval, MIchiru feels even more like she could be happier with Takeru. That's why Michiru asks Takeru hesitantly if she could fall in love with him. She likes the idea of being with Takeru, not necessarily that she has already fallen for him. Somehow, I think she is still emotionally attached to Sousuke. It's not easy to make a clean break.

airskape

Post by airskape » Jun 8th, '08, 07:26

i know it's wrong but i laughed when sosuke punched ruka in the gut at the end lmao
it just looked so funny :(

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 8th, '08, 07:48

son2 wrote:sub epi.9
http://suketeru.livejournal.com/26398.html#cutid1
by : suketeru
thanks! :wub:

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jun 8th, '08, 07:58

bmwracer wrote:"Die, Sosuke !!!!!!"

BUahahaha :lol Like a Mastercard commerical.... PRICELESS.

OMG, guys! Just watched Ep09 with subs!!! The smoke has cleared, and I just loved so many moments from it.
First, though I love Ruka sooooo much, I have to say this! I LUVVV Takeru. Is anyone really like that??? Coz I need to meet someone like him, and it also helps that I'm having a huge crush on Eita right now~~ xD

I loved the way he stood up to Michiru's mom, ne~~ She seriously needs a cold bucket of water, wake up and start caring for her daughter. And Michiru still needs a backbone~~ And of course, the sake... haha, Takeru knows how to soften people up. xD

My thoguhts on the Ms. DV Co-worker is that the writers may have added that in to say "hey, other people could suffer from it too not just our main character, so don't just turn your back on them."
I mean, compared that to when Sousuke grabbed Michiru by the arm... in a public place nonetheless! Shouldn't some security guard have said something?? "Is this man bothering you?" or "Is there something wrong here?" :cussing:

And I was right!!!! Eri did feel guilty over withholding the fact that Sousuke had mysteriously abandoned the hospital. She and Ruka knew he was there, so she could've told her... but I guess she would have the trouble explaining why she was visiting him.

And some posts ago someone mentioned I think that Michiru might be realizing her feelings for Ruka, as well.... and I'm beginning to think that could be possible. When she explained she liked Takeru, but wasn't true... but was true and she couldn't really explain any further. I think Michiru sees Takeru and Ruka, and feels a little something inside her, but she thinks it's because of Takeru. Asks and wants to be reassured that Takeru and Ruka are just tomodachis. However, she doesn't realize that it might be because of Ruka and not him. Le gasp!

And Ruka... I adore Ruka! Mainly because I'm a fan of self-sacrificing love. LOL' Call me Cruise, but I love me a good sacrificing-love story even if it ends sad. xD The way she talks about Michiru liking Takeru, fully knowing it's not her... knowing Takeru could make anyone happy... she's willing to let Michiru go, so Michiru can be happy. She's willing to go back to the Share House just to protect Michru, even if it means the walls around her heart will be torn down. INSTANT LOVE.
Wow, what a rant. And it will probably get longer as ep11 approaches~

DJG666

Post by DJG666 » Jun 8th, '08, 08:59

*OMFG* Hi everybody!Just decided to quickly stop by here as i'm watching series at odd times a lot (almost 5AM) :) Would be silly not to post anything in this topic because i'm the one who started buzzing about LF since ep one.Or, at least, i thought that i was nearly alone at HQ section *lol*
After episode nine we can be sure that LF will, at least, be remembered by many.Sex change and violence topics, to my knowledge, were taken to a whole new level here :blink First i could not believe that prime time dorama even has same sex kiss and then graphic level of abusive behavior, espessially towards the end, made me go :pale: Simply have seen nothing like it before, wow! :crazy:
*SPOILERS* Agreed with many posters on this thread.My extremely logical thinking, at various stages, was unsatisfied with questions like "Why Michiru would even consider staying with such abusive jerk?", "Is Michiru under some kinda spell that Sousuke is forgiven no matter what?", "Can't pretty flight attendant Eri find somebody better to love?", etc.I guess that it's generally "bad luck/choice" theme on fairytale level.
Could not close my mouth after latest shockers such as frequent portrayal of single, elderly japanese as sake addicts who sleep around, people getting beat up to half dead on the street and in the middle of the day, going to weirdo apartments when you know it's dangerous.And above all that, nobody seems to do **** except covering everything up :cussing:
Anyhow, still under strong influence of what just seen so i'll better stop here by now :mrgreen: Wishing you great time watching! :wub:

makkun

Post by makkun » Jun 8th, '08, 12:27

Hi everyone this is my first post! Yoroshiku onegai~shimasu~~

I've just seen ep 9 and I'm really scared for Ruka. I hope this will not be a total tragedy in the end.
I love Ruka's character btw, she's really brave! Walking up to Sousuke like that! :D Juri Ueno delivers Ruka very well, I thought she's only good in comedy. She's my favorite since Swing Girls.

Well, can't wait for the last chapter!

ruka_michiru

Post by ruka_michiru » Jun 8th, '08, 13:25

ruka_michiru wrote: Would really appreciate it if someone could translate or make a quick summary of Ruka & Michiru's conversation in Michiru's room. And what does Michiru needs from her Mom? Thanks a bunch Smile
mizune wrote:
Since she's staying on, Michiru basically needs a co-signer for her room in the sharehouse. That's why they go to her mom.

Rough summary of the conversation b/w Ruka and Michiru:
Michiru blames herself for Takeru's condition, but Ruka tells her it isn't her fault -- it's Sousuke's. Michiru contradicts Ruka by telling her that she is directly responsible for Takeru being attacked because she told Sousuke that she had fallen in love with somebody else. Michiru thought that if she didn't say that, he wouldn't give up. But even so, it wasn't a lie. Michiru really has fallen in love with somebody else.

Ruka asks Michiru if she's in love with Takeru, but she just shakes her head that she doesn't really know either. After all, Takeru loves Ruka, and Michiru thinks Ruka reciprocates those feelings.

Ruka says the same thing Takeru told Michiru earlier: They're friends. It's not what (the kind of relationship) Michiru thinks it is.
Thank you so much mizune :-)

ash_ton

Post by ash_ton » Jun 8th, '08, 14:22

This is the first time that I am posting in this thread.

I'm gonna be so mad if Sousuke would end up doing that to Ruka.. I read some of the casual comments about Sousuke raping Ruka (sorry if i am wrong) but it pIsses me off.. I am a guy myself and wouldn't think twice about killing/destroying someone who'd rape anyone dear to me!

I have never been so worked up by watching any drama!

Yumi Yan

Post by Yumi Yan » Jun 8th, '08, 14:53

geez! have just seen 9th...
Oh man that episode made me gasp few times.. i couldn't watch when Takeru was atacked by Sousuke.. that was scary.... poor guy hardly came back home :cry: I have no idea how he stayed alive after faling down the stairs! I thought that jerk would end him! looks like Sousuke doesn't use his own brain! Why he thought that that guy is Takeru? if the girl is with some other guy it didn't mean that he was the someone who she likes as a guy Gosh that made me mad! :cussing:

Ruka.... That girl! I'm proud of her! She's crazy and super brave going to that psycho flat knowing that it's dangerous and without the gun or at least a knife in her pocket. I was so happy when she swiped him a few times! I would definattely have added a few more! :x She fought like crazy! But again bad guy ended up lucky... And he looked so ok while hitting her like mad.. I would cut his head off if he will do that to Ruka what i think he might do... It would be logical him thinking that the worst thing for her might be raping because she doesn't think of herself as of a girl... I didn't like Sousuke's face at the end...at all... :crazy:

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 8th, '08, 15:42

I've been away from this discussion board in the last few days (had a damn exam today) but finally BACK and just watched episode 9!! You guys all made me laugh!!

ShikyoxYaiba: You completely cracked me up when I read your post! Before I knew it, I had replayed it like 5 times just to see the slapping! haha
"Danielle what the heck are you doing?"
Bmwracer: Must also say great shot of Ruka! or as hanapyupyu has called, 'ninjaRuka'?? I think I should go rewatch Nodame just to lighten things up...

It was one crazy episode! I don't even know what to think except to kill sousuke!!

Thanks also to ^Yuuki for the spoilers!! I'm REALLY REALLY looking forward to THE SLAP!! Let's all join in! hahah with the flamethrower of course! :cussing:

hyperhikari

Post by hyperhikari » Jun 8th, '08, 15:44

Thanks to all that help answer my questions on the okaeri cups! and thats too bad really.. I thought itll be easier just to buy it directly. Hmm..

And about FujiTV being on tv, I'll try to flip channels when its 10pm then.

i really wanted it to be a longer series.. though itll be more painful to watch.

after watching epi.9
i rly rly hope sousuke doesn't rape ruka. if what someone said was true, that from the magazine it says ruka escaped with energy. and the trailer showing her buying new clothes does not mean that she did get rape. just means that she feels disgusted and wants to throw anything that sousuke had touched and such. to be honest, id feel that way too..

takeru.. oh takeru. who woldn't like him? just the way he says 'hmm?' 'oh' 'ah' is as loud as saying a thousand words. i wonder if someone like him exist in real life. and to love ruka unconditionally at that!

and if that scene about ruka being seen filming at the seaside is true. could it be that maybe ruka accepted herself and returns to michiru (w/o the operation)? sometimes u jsut feel like ure better off being the opposite because it wld seem to sit in the society better but than u end up realizing that it doesnt matter in the end. and i cld actually see michiru/ruka spending time together just like that. michiru doesnt have to love her back but ruka, like takeru, loves her wholeheartedly.

royuki

Post by royuki » Jun 8th, '08, 15:47

I had to stay away from this forum until I watched Last Friends ep. 9 with subs. It would have been impossible to resist looking at the spoilers, but I'm so glad I did. My emotions were really rolling with the episodes.
[spoilers]
I think people mentioned before that Ruka was purposely baiting Sosuke, and that might be part true. She certainly knew it would effect him, but I think the main reason she said those words was because she wanted to swipe the rug from under him. Until now, he has been using the excuse of 'because I love Michiru' for the reason of his inexcusable actions. Now, he won't be able to use that excuse any more because Ruka just showed him up! She also wanted to show him that he had no power over her. She wasn't afraid of his threats to reveal her. She was stripping him of his means of trying to manipulate her and showing him that soon he won't have power over Michiru anymore either, because now Michiru can support herself and had Takeru. It was a verbal beatdown so Sosuke reacted in the only way he could, physically, but I think soon he'll lose in that way too. There is no way Takeru is going to let this go if he finds out that Sosuke had hurt Ruka.
BTW, when she finally confessed her love out loud, I screamed and my dog jumped up surprise. Then he scurried out of the room, but it was so cool! *swoon*
I also think Michiru was acting a little weird with Ruka in the room was because she was a little jealous of Ruka and Takeru. To her, it seemed as if they had the perfect relationship, love, comfort and friendship. She didn't really believe that they were just friends but she didn't want to intrude on their relationship either. I think that was why she was uncomfortable later on sharing an umbrella with Takeru so she went off to buy her own. Michiru is pretty oblivious, but she's trying to do the right thing. If it was any other girl, they might have used the opportunity to snuggle up with Takeru, walking together in the rain. ^^ [\spoilers]

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 8th, '08, 16:30

@royuki,
apparently u dun hide ur spoiler pretty well^^"
people could read it...
luckily i already watch ep9...

royuki

Post by royuki » Jun 8th, '08, 16:35

Oops sorry, I'm still figuring this out. ^^

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 8th, '08, 16:35

Everyone makes mistakes :)

royuki
, It's just spoiler, not spoilers.

rokugatsu29

a preview? where?

Post by rokugatsu29 » Jun 8th, '08, 17:39

hanapyupyu wrote:
fayenatic wrote:
Michiru/Sosuke scene

My thoughts:

Well, since it's raining and Michiru is without an umbrella and ran away from Takeru because she felt uncomfortable sharing one with him, I'd assume she was going into the store to buy an umbrella for herself.

Maybe Michiru is being mopey because she has a sinking feeling that Takeru's affections are not directed at her. Where she was hopeful earlier on, now she's beginning to fear that she'll end up all alone again. Seeing Ruka and Takeru being close troubles her too. Michiru can rationalise to herself that Takeru and Ruka being a couple should be a good thing, but she cannot bring herself to feel happy for them. This selfish feeling makes Michiru feel bad about herself.

That said, I don't think Michiru is really in love with Takeru, infatuated definitely She's just been through a very bad break-up and her ex-bf is still stalking her. Takeru is like a floatation device for Michiru to hang on to, someone who rescued her from the hellish nightmare that was Sousuke, someone who consoles and supports her, and she is grateful for him. Kinda like when you've been starving for days, when you're given something to eat finally, you'd gobble it up and it'll be like the best food you've ever tasted in the world. After being abused by Sousuke and never knowing what it is like to be treated right, Takeru would seem like a very attractive man to Michiru. With Ruka's encouragement and approval, MIchiru feels even more like she could be happier with Takeru. That's why Michiru asks Takeru hesitantly if she could fall in love with him. She likes the idea of being with Takeru, not necessarily that she has already fallen for him. Somehow, I think she is still emotionally attached to Sousuke. It's not easy to make a clean break.
Hey umm... i have something to ask but it's about the content behind the hidden messages (spoiler filter?) i'm new to posting in this thread... dozo yoroshiku!

Here goes my questionSSS:
What slap were you talking about? Michiru slapped who? Does that mean Ruka is still alive???? yey! forgive my ignorance hehehe I really hope it's not Ruka who dies but the scene between Ruka and Sousuke really worries me a lot. =( she's inside his apartment being beaten around by Sousuke, i wonder how she will get out. And in the first episode of this drama, Michiru said about "that unnecessary death should have been avoided" or something like that as it was subbed... If Ruka died then would it be shallow to call it unnecessary? Well it is unnecessary but hey, Sousuke deserves that adjective. If Ruka died then Michiru would have used other words, since it's a very painful loss. But it was the first episode so i guess it's a mystery still episode 10 is out. Michiru didn't talk about Sousuke either in her present life (coz the drama seems like a flashback)
oh and...
Where did you find preview of episode 10? Thanks.. if i can get to watch it i'll be able to sleep alright tonight haha
[/spoiler]

Rori

Re: a preview? where?

Post by Rori » Jun 8th, '08, 17:47

rokugatsu29 wrote:Hey umm... i have something to ask but it's about the content behind the hidden messages (spoiler filter?) i'm new to posting in this thread... dozo yoroshiku!

Here goes my questionSSS:
What slap were you talking about? Michiru slapped who? Does that mean Ruka is still alive???? yey! forgive my ignorance hehehe I really hope it's not Ruka who dies but the scene between Ruka and Sousuke really worries me a lot. =( she's inside his apartment being beaten around by Sousuke, i wonder how she will get out. And in the first episode of this drama, Michiru said about "that unnecessary death should have been avoided" or something like that as it was subbed... If Ruka died then would it be shallow to call it unnecessary? Well it is unnecessary but hey, Sousuke deserves that adjective. If Ruka died then Michiru would have used other words, since it's a very painful loss. But it was the first episode so i guess it's a mystery still episode 10 is out. Michiru didn't talk about Sousuke either in her present life (coz the drama seems like a flashback)
The slap they're talking about is the one from the episode 10 preview, I haven't seen it myself and I don't know where it came from but I know a youtube link was posted a few pages back that had it.

And honestly, it didn't look like Ruka was on the verge of being killed by Sosuke (even though the way he was strangling her at first says differently...) most of us were thinking of something a bit different when we saw him rip her shirt apart. The ep 10 preview says 'she barely manages to escpae' or something like that, so possibly - hopefully - she's OK.

And I knew when Sosuke attacked Takeru and completely crushed his hand that it would put his job in danger. He must ruin everyone's lives until he's satisfied. :cussing:

Iatheia

Post by Iatheia » Jun 8th, '08, 17:51

The reason that Michiru was uncomfortable sharing an umbrella with Takeru is that in Japan this can be considered as a sign of two people in relationship, since before it was one of the few acceptable public showing of attachment. Since Michiru sees Takeru (or thinks that she does) more than a friend, but knows that he doesn't, it was hard to shrug away the hidden meaning behind the umbrella.

And, when she ran away from Sousuke, and Takeru, again, offered his umbrella to her... I think it also was part of the reason why Sousuke decided to hurt Takeru

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 8th, '08, 18:13

Another thing, I've just watched it with subs, and it pissed me off so much at the end where Sosuke was explaining to Ruka how he'd sent a letter to her mom and dad about her, plus a friggen' explanation book! I'm surprised Ruka could stand there and take it all in. I would have been furious, what kind of right does he have to do that?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 8th, '08, 18:17

Rori wrote:
Another thing, I've just watched it with subs, and it pissed me off so much at the end where Sosuke was explaining to Ruka how he'd sent a letter to her mom and dad about her, plus a friggen' explanation book! I'm surprised Ruka could stand there and take it all in. I would have been furious, what kind of right does he have to do that?
He has no right... He's a complete and total jerk. :cussing: