[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
rokugatsu29

Re: a preview? where?

Post by rokugatsu29 » Jun 8th, '08, 18:40

*phew* I hope ruka is okay the whole episode 10. Thanks! I'll go through back the previous posts maybe i can find that preview.. i hope! if someone remembers it, please do tell me!
If sousuke was planning to rape her, uhh.... he doesn't see ruka as girl.. oh well.. haha if he does rape ruka, well ruka will be in berserk mode and beat the crap out of him haha i wonder. maaannn... episode 10 is still next week. I don't think i can watch it until i get 11 too. That Love and Death title is soooooo gloomy and scary. My heart was beating fast the moment Ruka entered Sousuke's apartment. dang... i wonder what she's planning.
[/spoiler]

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 8th, '08, 18:55

Have a feeling how did
ruka escaped
ok here.. just a thought
Sousuke isn't gonna rape Ruka, He just opened her jacket to see if ruka is really a woman or a man.
Maybe sousuke thought "Your a woman, there is no possibility that you and michiru will live normally" so sousuke unhands ruka then ruka leaves then like that.
isn't it?? i dont know

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 8th, '08, 19:02

ShikyoxYaiba wrote: Looks like she and Hikki have something in common. Lol, their hair grows quickly. XP Didn't Hikki say somewhere in her blog that that's a sign of being perverted? scratch Well...something like that anyway. Thinking about it makes me laugh though.
Ahaha, Hikki did say that her hair is getting outta control. Perverted huh? No wonder my hair grows so fast~ ;3 You know, the only thing Michiru says she can't stand is when Sosuke says 'bad things' about Ruka. What would happen when she knows that it's more than verbal attack this time? Hopefully it's more than just a slap...

ruka_michiru: If they do a spin-off season-it can be called "Last Band" where they run away and start a rock band together-yeah, sure. Ruka will have a hard time with the groupies while Michiru will battle with her jealousy at the side. And the one keeping them out of trouble, Takeru realizes that even his charm won't do any good when it comes to raising a baby...haha, I've been imagining too much when looking at the kaze to rock scans.

hanapyupyu: Thanks for the links. Quite an enjoyable read. Especially the 2nd one. While I wouldn't say that Ruka and Kenzo(Proposal Daisakusen) are alike, their scenarios are definitely similar. Masami likes to make people run and work for her huh? Ruka's selflessness wins by a mile and she has a better excuse to not fight for her own happiness but Kenzo, he was a little frustrating to see with all those opportunity presented. I wanted to knock him on the head quite a few times while watching. It'll be interesting if there's a drama where they combine the LF casts with ProDai plot. It will start off with Ruka looking at her graduation album and regretting stuff during Michiru/Sosuke's wedding...then *hallelujah chance*~ XD
hanapyupyu wrote:
fayenatic wrote:
Michiru/Sosuke scene
I find it a little weird the way Michiru just suddenly left Takeru and accidentally bumped into Sosuke like that. Even if Sosuke have been stalking her, how did he manage to get into the shop before her? And the important thing she wanted to buy was...umbrellas? Hmm...I think I'll just ignore it like I ignore how Takeru coincidentally saw the crumpled up poster at Ruka's motocross center...

About what she told him, that she has a person she's starting to like, in a later scene with Ruka, we know that she said it so that Sosuke will give up. Like hell he will! That's why Michiru was blaming herself. But she thinks it does have an amount of truth in it. The MichiRuka scene. Ruka had her arms around her and saying that she and Takeru are just friends(with that gentle voice she reserves for Michiru)...I was hoping that Michiru would make use of Ruka's comfortable shoulder for once. Instead she just look so mopey. Heheh. =3
Actually I noticed the last bit too.
Michiru seemed uncharacteristically "mopey". If this was a few episodes ago, she would have gladly used Ruka's shoulder...but instead this time, she seems a lil distant and unresponsive to everything Ruka had remarked about her strictly platonic relationship with Takeru. What gives? That entire scene was completely vague and ambiguous. Michiru, herself, doesn't even give Ruka a straight answer about whether she liked Takeru or not.

And wth was up with the umbrellas? Who did she intend to buy the umbrella for? Takeru? Or, Ruka? Hmmm??

Oh and as for preview for episode 10, good slap indeed Michiru! it's apparent that both girls are just as protective of each other. howww kyooooot :D
My thoughts:

Well, since it's raining and Michiru is without an umbrella and ran away from Takeru because she felt uncomfortable sharing one with him, I'd assume she was going into the store to buy an umbrella for herself.

Maybe Michiru is being mopey because she has a sinking feeling that Takeru's affections are not directed at her. Where she was hopeful earlier on, now she's beginning to fear that she'll end up all alone again. Seeing Ruka and Takeru being close troubles her too. Michiru can rationalise to herself that Takeru and Ruka being a couple should be a good thing, but she cannot bring herself to feel happy for them. This selfish feeling makes Michiru feel bad about herself.

That said, I don't think Michiru is really in love with Takeru, infatuated definitely She's just been through a very bad break-up and her ex-bf is still stalking her. Takeru is like a floatation device for Michiru to hang on to, someone who rescued her from the hellish nightmare that was Sousuke, someone who consoles and supports her, and she is grateful for him. Kinda like when you've been starving for days, when you're given something to eat finally, you'd gobble it up and it'll be like the best food you've ever tasted in the world. After being abused by Sousuke and never knowing what it is like to be treated right, Takeru would seem like a very attractive man to Michiru. With Ruka's encouragement and approval, MIchiru feels even more like she could be happier with Takeru. That's why Michiru asks Takeru hesitantly if she could fall in love with him. She likes the idea of being with Takeru, not necessarily that she has already fallen for him. Somehow, I think she is still emotionally attached to Sousuke. It's not easy to make a clean break.
Yeap. I agree.
Takeru is comfort. She keeps talking about how nice it would be if she meets him first or if she falls for someone like him instead, echoing what Ruka told her to do. She even asks him if she can fall for him...yeah, with a guy like Takeru, it would be easy especially if Ruka keeps distancing herself from Michiru. But at the current situation, getting into a relationship is a bad idea...don't think I need to say why. She herself is confused when she sees Ruka and Takeru together. Is what she's feeling because they have a happiness she can't seem to have, or because the person they are happy with isn't her? (She's jealous of Takeru because Ruka doesn't show that kind of smile with her. And she's jealous of Ruka for having Takeru's love.)
Mopey/kicked puppy look perfected~
Only Ruka can bring it outta her. :thumleft:
Rori wrote:
Another thing, I've just watched it with subs, and it pissed me off so much at the end where Sosuke was explaining to Ruka how he'd sent a letter to her mom and dad about her, plus a friggen' explanation book! I'm surprised Ruka could stand there and take it all in. I would have been furious, what kind of right does he have to do that?
Actually, what he said was...
he is in the process of writing and sending another one since the earlier one wasn't 'clear' enough. Now he wants to include details of the psych/counseling visits and his own 'commentary'. I'm guessing that's what he sends to the magazine in ep10. He was gonna threaten Ruka with it, "If you don't want..." But Ruka cut him off saying she doesn't care what he does anymore. Yeah, go Ruka~!
P/S: Pardon my long rant~ Oh, and everyone, feel free to make use of my middle siggy(aka Die!Sosuke) until this Thursday! 8)
Last edited by ^Yuuki on Jun 8th, '08, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.

rokugatsu29

Post by rokugatsu29 » Jun 8th, '08, 19:07

kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:Have a feeling how did
ruka escaped
ok here.. just a thought
Sousuke isn't gonna rape Ruka, He just opened her jacket to see if ruka is really a woman or a man.
Maybe sousuke thought "Your a woman, there is no possibility that you and michiru will live normally" so sousuke unhands ruka then ruka leaves then like that.
isn't it?? i dont know
Maybe he was just.. checking. I'm so proud of ruka being able to block some of Sousuke's beating. She's so brave.
It's not a kung fu drama series or something, naturally, boys ARE stronger than girls physically, ruka won't be able to beat him by punches and kicks, the best is to escape. good good good! *sigh* i hope she won't feel down again by not being "strong" like she mentioned before when Hayashida kissed her.
I love Juri's acting, it was so real. I would like to see more of her. I'm going to watch swing girls after ep 9. And i hope i have something to watch too after Last Friends ends, something from Juri but happier to ease the pain from watching Last FRiends. haha I love this drama... it's painful to watch though, but can't get enough of the story![/spoiler]

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 8th, '08, 19:14

rokugatsu29 wrote:
ruka escaped
ok here.. just a thought
isn't it?? i dont know
Maybe he was just.. checking. I'm so proud of ruka being able to block some of Sousuke's beating. She's so brave.
It's not a kung fu drama series or something, naturally, boys ARE stronger than girls physically, ruka won't be able to beat him by punches and kicks, the best is to escape. good good good! *sigh* i hope she won't feel down again by not being "strong" like she mentioned before when Hayashida kissed her.
I love Juri's acting, it was so real. I would like to see more of her. I'm going to watch swing girls after ep 9. And i hope i have something to watch too after Last Friends ends, something from Juri but happier to ease the pain from watching Last FRiends. haha I love this drama... it's painful to watch though, but can't get enough of the story![/spoiler]
i really dont know why i am typing this
SHE IS FLAT CHESTED O.O

rokugatsu29

Post by rokugatsu29 » Jun 8th, '08, 19:15

I wonder why they didn't call the police yet... takeru was obviously hurt. Was he brought to the hospitaL? considering the bandages he had when ruka saw him. maybe they didn't have enough evidence or something... just a thought. I can't seem to stop thinking about the possibilites that the story would present on the last two episodes. gomen ne =)

rokugatsu29

Post by rokugatsu29 » Jun 8th, '08, 19:18

kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:
rokugatsu29 wrote:
ruka escaped
ok here.. just a thought
isn't it?? i dont know
SHE IS FLAT CHESTED O.O
haha i remember that scene in Nodame Cantabile when she bought bras at the size of 70D .. and chiaki remembered about that when nodame hugged her (a bit drunk).

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 8th, '08, 19:19

Latest LF related scan from The Television~ Features an interview with the 'Nodame team'...

kerobu

Post by kerobu » Jun 8th, '08, 19:25

I've been staying away from this thread before I watch episode 9.
I didn't realize that this drama is about to end! NOOO!!!
I don't want to be free from being a prisoner of this drama. T_T
My goodness, I loved the Ruka x Sousuke face-off! I've been waiting for that to happen! I am so glad it did! But damn Sousuke! Why would he have to rip Ruka's shirt off?! WTH?! What was he thinking? Did he want to check if she had surgery already or do something immoral like most of the people in this thread is saying? I thought they were beating each other up. There was no need to rip someones shirt unless his perverted mind is up to something. :blink

I am also glad that Takeru survived after getting beat up by the crippled Sousuke! I was so worried that Takeru might die from it! With the death issue going in my mind, I thought at that moment that it was going to be Takeru. I hope it won't be. Now, who is going to die? Is it really a matter of who or what? There's only Eri and Ogurin left that the writers haven't teased us about the death issue. But I really hope it's going to be Sousuke even if it won't seem to be.

I wonder, can't they report Sousuke's violence to the police? Whatever happened to Michiru and Takeru's plan to report the DV to the police using Michiru's bruises as evidence? Is it just me, coz I don't remember any follow-up on that.

And I have to say I loooved the TakeRuka moments in episode 8 and 9. In episode 8, my most favorite scene is when Takeru just read Ruka's letter and got fired up and went running to look for her. I felt like saying, "Ah, seishun!" ("Ah, youth!" is what Mochizuki-sensei says a lot in Stand Up!!) I got a little worried that Takeru might run into a car or something coz he looked like his mind was set only to Ruka and he might forget the traffic signs. I was thinking, "Don't die in this episode, Takeru". :lol but it was a relief that he got to the park safely. The whole scene after that, when Takeu confessed to Ruka again and until they hugged each other was one of the most romantic scenes I've ever seen. :wub: And then Ruka hugged back. I loved it. :cry: I wanted to cry, was trying to force my tears but my tear glands went to a long vacation. :x

Then I was all giggly when I saw the scene on episode 9 when everyone was asleep except for Michiru then Ruka turned to her side that made it look so sweet that her face is put so close to Takeru's and Ruka's arms look like it was about to hug Takeru... :wub: and then Michiru got a little jealous. haha.

Long live TakeRuka!!! :cheers: I don't care if they won't be lovers so long as they're best friends forever, it's fine by me.

kerobu

Post by kerobu » Jun 8th, '08, 19:30

rokugatsu29 wrote:I wonder why they didn't call the police yet... takeru was obviously hurt. Was he brought to the hospitaL? considering the bandages he had when ruka saw him. maybe they didn't have enough evidence or something... just a thought. I can't seem to stop thinking about the possibilites that the story would present on the last two episodes. gomen ne =)
I've been wondering about that too! And did Michiru report her DV to the police yet???

Renoa Heartilly

Post by Renoa Heartilly » Jun 8th, '08, 19:43

just finished watching episode 9 :lol
WHOAAA the ruka sousuke fight @_@ i was thinking: michiru watch and learn XD i'm glad ruka brought her bag with her XD
but in the end she's still weaker (physically) than sousuke who is used to using physical force >_> hrrrm.... wonder about that part in the end, when she fell on the bed i was like uh oh' but it seems he doesnt think like that at all *shrug*
is it me or the way the story is going is making sousuke the evil guy? -_- he needs help too it should be shown how to fix the problem instead of make it escalate Dx are they trying to make us hate ryochan? :cry: (who i must admit is doing so much of a convincing job that i get shivers whenever he smiles that fake smile XD)
nishkido san lost weight didnt he? >3>; at least it seems like it, he had chubbier cheeks when last friends began lol
i dunno where this is going, but i sure hope they dont kill sousuke just because 'hes in the way' he needs a backstory too :| i wanna know what made him become this way (i think alot of people do too, especially michiru's salon sempai who gets abused as well lol) i liked that thought, too, some people look for help like michiru, others just take it out on others like her sempai -_-

my head hurts Dx this drama cannot be good for my health XD

kerobu

Post by kerobu » Jun 8th, '08, 19:50

^Yuuki wrote:
hanapyupyu: Thanks for the links. Quite an enjoyable read. Especially the 2nd one. While I wouldn't say that Ruka and Kenzo(Proposal Daisakusen) are alike, their scenarios are definitely similar. Masami likes to make people run and work for her huh? Ruka's selflessness wins by a mile and she has a better excuse to not fight for her own happiness but Kenzo, he was a little frustrating to see with all those opportunity presented. I wanted to knock him on the head quite a few times while watching. It'll be interesting if there's a drama where they combine the LF casts with ProDai plot. It will start off with Ruka looking at her graduation album and regretting stuff during Michiru/Sosuke's wedding...then *hallelujah chance*~ XD
That's so funny! :lol I actually got pissed off at Kenzo's procrastination/hesitation/whatever it was in Proposal Daisakusen that I stopped watching it after I've seen 5 episodes. Seeing Kenzo fail over and over was frustrating.

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 8th, '08, 19:56

@ yuuki
on the scan why did souske said daisuki takeru?
lol

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 8th, '08, 19:58

rokugatsu29 wrote:
kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:
rokugatsu29 wrote:
SHE IS FLAT CHESTED O.O
haha i remember that scene in Nodame Cantabile when she bought bras at the size of 70D .. and chiaki remembered about that when nodame hugged her (a bit drunk).
if you remember what episode is this.. can you tell me? lol

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 8th, '08, 20:07

kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:if you remember what episode is this.. can you tell me? lol
if i'm not mistaken, it's in the Nodame Cantabile Special 1..

rokugatsu29

Post by rokugatsu29 » Jun 8th, '08, 20:10

sarah117 wrote:
kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:if you remember what episode is this.. can you tell me? lol
yeah, Nodame Cantabile Special 1. After Chiaki's competition maybe? oh and... i mean, after nodame hugged HIM. I typed "her." I'm sleepy now.. i'll check the forum later when i wake up! it's 4am here. Oyasumi Minna-san!

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 8th, '08, 20:11

rokugatsu29 wrote:
sarah117 wrote:
yeah, Nodame Cantabile Special 1. After Chiaki's competition maybe? oh and... i mean, after nodame hugged HIM. I typed "her." I'm sleepy now.. i'll check the forum later when i wake up! it's 4am here. Oyasumi Minna-san!
thank you! ill check it

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 8th, '08, 20:16

kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:@ yuuki
lol
Because ever since Eita ate a piece of paper from his hair and expressed his interest during an interview, he's been secretly in love with Eita~ ^__^v

Just kidding...because that kid acting with him, his real name is Shibuya TAKERU~ That's an off-shot pic of them. Ironic huh? :mrgreen:

(Thanks honey-chan for clearing that up~ =3)

Renoa Heartilly

Post by Renoa Heartilly » Jun 8th, '08, 20:18

just a note. the apartment ruka rents is the same in episode 1 right?

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 8th, '08, 20:22

^Yuuki wrote:
lol
Because ever since Eita ate a piece of paper from his hair and expressed his interest during an interview, he's been secretly in love with Eita~ ^__^v

Just kidding...because that kid acting with him, his real name is Shibuya TAKERU~ That's an off-shot pic of them. Ironic huh? :mrgreen:

ohh lol :lol :lol :lol

mistery_priestess

Post by mistery_priestess » Jun 8th, '08, 20:31

Hello, I'm first time here, though I sometimes read this thread XD''

Though I understand the harsh words from many of you about Sousuke, I can't agree with that. He's really the most interesting character of this drama and it's a pity he doesn't got lately any other attention...

Forgive me if it turns too long xD" I really like psychological problems and there are my thoughts about this one... (hope I didn't do overanalyzing...xD") I hope that it doesn't need a spoiler tag? xD"

First of all, he's not a happy psycho who does bad things to good people out of some sick satisfaction and fake love (mostly to himself) ^^''' We can see how he sees things and it's not the case. Of coure, his goal is Michiru, probably he thinks that if she soon willcome back, dissilusioned about other people and he believes that.

He thinks one can't trust people and should believe only in himself. He probably doesn't even believe in her that's why he wants her to follow his will completely - for her sake, out of love and wanting to provide her the best.

So he is waiting patiently expecting her to come back. He's calming himself while waiting. If he just have his eye on what she's doing he feels calm. But of course he can't ignore if she's with another man so he needs to frighten off possible rival. Before Michiru told him about the possiblity of another man he wasn't going to hurt Takeru. I think, he does it out of fear (it brings unsteadiness in his pattern) and because of his confusing feeling of doing the right thing.

From what we know, he was alone most of his life and was having not too birght situation at home. I think he has no idea of how to create a good family. And he's confronting everyday bad family examples, which doesn't help him knowing the right. The right thing for him is keeping your family safe and providing them physical comfort (like food, clothes and so on). Because that's what lacking from patological families. The safe thing is preventing from bad things in the world and the best way is keeping your loved one close with no unnecessary contacts from outside (and especially from people he doesn't approve of). Before Michiru was living with him he wasn't acting this way. That's why the trigger is 'home'. Plus, he's acting contradictionaly and slowly his behaviour is getting worse and worse (which viewers seems to count as one and the same "bad" xD") as the bad side is eating him inside.

He actually does love Michiru. She's the most important person in his life and losing her for sure would hurt him. But he doesn't aknowledge the fact it would hurt - he simply doesn't want to see such possibility and every step that leads to that situation causes him to react violently. After he has found a person he can love and want to live with he's probably obsessively scared of being left alone. And in the same time - he won't admit it. It's like the one 'Sousuke' is scared and because fo that 'the other one' wants to stop feeling that by silencing it (with violence). One Sousuke is hurt, but the second one is hurting others. But the two of them calm down when they know and control everything and for this calmness he will do everything. Maybe even this calmness he wants to give to Michiru too. I think all his world is absorbed in this conflict. Why? Because some people are hurt so badly that their problems can't be forgotten even for a moment, they live on them, because of them and can't distance themselves and see the world outside without these black glasses. They can't trust others, even the loved ones on which all the confusion is concentrated.

His love is twisted because of his inner conflict. There is no relationship without the problems of two sides inside it. He really wants to create a happy family but it seems he can't. But for sure he's not just a "bad person" who deserves to die and Michiru clearly see this. She knows that he's lonely, how many hardships he got in his life and how much he wanted to achieve a good home (and well, that's why he understands the pain of the children he take care of in his job). She probably doesn't truly understand the conflict he feels but she knows it's due to his weaknesess that he's like that. Only the weak person hurts others. But those who hurt others are the most unhappy and lonely ones. I'm not denying the fact that he deserves to bear the consequences of his actions, but I'm opposed to saying that he should die. If he dies then his life would be just a chain of painful memories and denials. I think every person deserves to feel happy... and if he dies just like that there will be just one more sad person less. Of course, he was probably earlier happy with Michiru, but he should have a chance of experiencing more happy things and release himself from his unhappy little world.

That's just no fair that no one can help him. Sure, it's hard to help such people, but they need it no less than their victims. And they need love too^^'' though I wonder how would Sousuke react after realization of such things... could he bring himself to change? Would he want to die? Or as a punishment he would make Michiru cut off all bonds with him? Or maybe he will stay in his denial forever ruining himself more and more to the point when it will be too late for help.

ShikyoxYaiba

Post by ShikyoxYaiba » Jun 8th, '08, 20:40

I found this on youtube. Anyone who likes Ruka/Michiru should watch. It's short, but oh so very adorable. ;3 :thumright:

(Make sure to up the volume.)

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 8th, '08, 21:04

^Yuuki wrote:
lol

omg that's sooo funny. why did eita eat that piece of paper? also do you know if it's a radio interview, news paper interview, or a video one. i wanna see that part. hehe i love the part:

Ryo: My discovery was...I felt hitting people is wrong. (Masami is) a girl, pulling her hair and stuff was really wrong.

Masami: Haha, if you made me bald what would you do (laughs)

DJG666

Post by DJG666 » Jun 8th, '08, 21:20

mistery_priestess, heya.I totally agree with you that without Sousuke the way he is it would not be the same :wub: In my opinion, average viewer just feels for Michiru being badly hurt for falling in love, also for everyone else getting in trouble because of that :P
Sousukes character is, obviousely, made this way to be noticeable in contrast with others but there is a backlash.Such roles is quite a risk taking in Japan where being appreciative is expected.No wonder that it's not for everybodys liking. :-)
At the end of the day, we all love it, of course :wub:

sad_dumpling

Post by sad_dumpling » Jun 8th, '08, 21:22

@^Yuuki

i get a sick pleasure from watching your siggy... die sousuke DIE!!!!!

misha_takarai

Post by misha_takarai » Jun 8th, '08, 21:54

sorry for disturbing is the next episode
the end of last Friends
episode 10?

because it is what it says in the soft subs

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 8th, '08, 21:56

DJG666 wrote:mistery_priestess, heya.I totally agree with you that without Sousuke the way he is it would not be the same :wub: In my opinion, average viewer just feels for Michiru being badly hurt for falling in love, also for everyone else getting in trouble because of that :P
Sousukes character is, obviousely, made this way to be noticeable in contrast with others but there is a backlash.Such roles is quite a risk taking in Japan where being appreciative is expected.No wonder that it's not for everybodys liking. :-)
At the end of the day, we all love it, of course :wub:
well i agree that his character is what makes the drama the way it is. it still doesn't stop me from hating this guts. i mean i hate sousake but i gotta admit that Ryo did a really good job in conveying such a character. like in all dramas and movies people need to distinguish between the character and the real person. that's why when we say we hate we are hating sousake not ryo.

mistery_priestess

Post by mistery_priestess » Jun 8th, '08, 22:03

rulan wrote: well i agree that his character is what makes the drama the way it is. it still doesn't stop me from hating this guts. i mean i hate sousake but i gotta admit that Ryo did a really good job in conveying such a character. like in all dramas and movies people need to distinguish between the character and the real person. that's why when we say we hate we are hating sousake not ryo.
Well, it's true that his character makes the drama, but so do the rest of characters. His theme give the main core. But that wasn't what I wanted to say xD" I just think Sousuke in drama is not a bad person deserving death, but a lonely and complicated character (just as I said in my post xD).

sad_dumpling

Post by sad_dumpling » Jun 8th, '08, 22:12

mistery_priestess wrote:
rulan wrote: well i agree that his character is what makes the drama the way it is. it still doesn't stop me from hating this guts. i mean i hate sousake but i gotta admit that Ryo did a really good job in conveying such a character. like in all dramas and movies people need to distinguish between the character and the real person. that's why when we say we hate we are hating sousake not ryo.
Well, it's true that his character makes the drama, but so do the rest of characters. His theme give the main core. But that wasn't what I wanted to say xD" I just think Sousuke in drama is not a bad person deserving death, but a lonely and complicated character (just as I said in my post xD).
RYO is so LOVEABLE but SOUSUKE....
seriously. after wat he did to takeru and ruka i really really wanna hurt him :P

Lunar200

Post by Lunar200 » Jun 8th, '08, 22:22

Aww man , I just watched ep. 9 - I am dying to see the next episode.
It was priceless that they left out the spoilers for the upcoming ep. !
Regarding my opinion of this episode - everything has already been pretty much said.
I can just share the opinion of ashton some pages back.
ashton wrote:
Now as for the last scene- let's face it, he's going to rape her. They don't pull any shots with this show, so don't count on some last second miracle to save Ruka.

@ avieamber: I don't think the fact that he sees her as a man will prevent him from raping her. He knows that she's biologically female. He's not doing it to clarify whether Ruka is male or female. If anything, the fact that she's transgendered probably helps to encourage him.

He's doing it as an act of power and humiliation. To him, she's a massive threat and he feels the need to "put her in her place", so to speak. When he raped Michiru, it was an act of control. This time it's to hurt and humiliate. It's the only way he can really, really hurt her on a personal level. Going after her reputation and attacking those around her are more like forms of intimidation. Something like this- especially for someone who's transgendered- is probably one of the worst things he could do.
I totally agree with you - exactly my thoughts.
Imo it's pretty much evident that he will rape her.
I mean, just try to recall the first Scenes of this Drama, talking
about "the terrible incident which could have been avoided" -
I can't help myself but to think that it refers to this part.
Souske cannot harm her by trying to damage her reputation anymore
(Like Ruka already said in ep. 9: She doesn't care about him sending
those letters to her family,she isn't scared of anything ) - soo the only
way to deeply personally harm her, since she always had problems with getting close to people (e.g. : When her Cross-Teacher first tried to kiss her),
is to attack her intimate parts -> Rape. Ashton mentioned it already.
Just my two cents after skipping through the many pages discussing ep. 9.
Last edited by Lunar200 on Jun 8th, '08, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 8th, '08, 22:26

If anyone used seri's subs:

Well, it looks like there will be 11 episodes...

The text at the end of seri's subs says: "[Note: It says last chapter, but just of this part of the story. Still one more story after (Episode 11). Plus a special compilation episode to come as well!]"

This drama is screwball. :crazy: :scratch:

mistery_priestess

Post by mistery_priestess » Jun 8th, '08, 22:32

sad_dumpling wrote: RYO is so LOVEABLE but SOUSUKE....
seriously. after wat he did to takeru and ruka i really really wanna hurt him :P
I understand you violent reaction and it's seriously no wonder XD but taking it more serious - you just want to do the same to him as what he does xD'' and calling violence "justice" xD
That's great to see the right thing, but we should try to understand why people would do bad things, and such a drama is a nice chance for analysing xD" Dramas have a big power to show us different points of view we normally are too angry to see xD" And in the form of Ryo isn't it easier to break our barriers XD?
Though I know many people just watch because it's a good fun and we can fall in love with characters XD" but I think it's even more fun to try to see something more from time to time ;D

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jun 8th, '08, 22:45

You know, my dad is also addicted to the show hahaha. He just watched Ep09, and he was so frustrated as well. Hahahaha. He can't wait for next week. :lol

Anyway, from Yuuki's scans of the manga, and with suketeru's translations, I made some image editing that I thought ended up as really nice looking manga translations. You can view the PDF in my blog~

http://personal.amy-wong.com/index.php/ ... logue-001/

If suketeru likes them, maybe I can work with on future scans, non?

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Jun 8th, '08, 22:56

Just a bit about thet Ruka / Sousuke moment at the end of ep9...
I don't think they would bother shooting such a scene (where Sousuke rips open Ruka's shirt) for a simple reason..honesty...why bother shooting such a scene if it wasn't going to lead to what we all think and DREAD will happen!! ALL of our first instincts lead to one thing...RAPE...who honestly thought it was something else from their FIRST instinct? I just don't see why they would have to film the rip shirt open part if it was for anything less.

Off course I don't want it to happen but as much as I'd like to deny the thought...I cannot think why they would have to add that specific scene if it lead to nothing...and we know the next episode won't start with a continuence scene from the fight...like all other epsiodes it will jump a little and then refer back to it in scene after a few seconds/minutes into the episode...so what really happened is our imagination for the first few moments of the episode.

And if wanting to KILL SOUSUKE is acting as low as him...I'd still rather take the insult and kill him!! How could you face this person rationally? The 2 best characters are being destroyed completely by him!!

Ep.8 ...SAD :cry:
Ep.9 ...not really sad but more ANGER :cussing: ...and SHOCK :blink
[Editted after posting the above] Would like to add after reading back a few pages...
^Yuuki wrote:I just read the synopsis for ep10 from another source(JP TV mag). The first line certainly sounds very hopeful to me:

瑠可は宗佑に襲われるが、全力で逃げ出す。

Ruka is attacked by Sosuke but, with all her energy, escapes.

So if she was raped, I believe they wouldn't have added the escape with full power part. Just say she returns to the share house. The other parts is basically like what the summary says. Also she will meet her father to tell him the truth.
Ok...maybe I am wrong and I sure do hope I am for Ruka's sake...but unless they show Ruka escaping...I still believe that the scene is leading us all to believe that Ruka gets raped. Fingers crossed we see he run for it before it gets too far!!

mistery_priestess

Post by mistery_priestess » Jun 8th, '08, 23:40

fifimimi wrote:
I don't think they would bother shooting such a scene (where Sousuke rips open Ruka's shirt) for a simple reason..honesty...why bother shooting such a scene if it wasn't going to lead to what we all think and DREAD will happen!! ALL of our first instincts lead to one thing...RAPE...who honestly thought it was something else from their FIRST instinct? I just don't see why they would have to film the rip shirt open part if it was for anything less.
It could be provocation for the viewer xDDD or Sousuke's way of frightening her, because if she won't fear him he can't have any influence on her xD by the way, he must've lost himself completely if he truly would *do* it xD"
fifimimi wrote:And if wanting to KILL SOUSUKE is acting as low as him...I'd still rather take the insult and kill him!! How could you face this person rationally? The 2 best characters are being destroyed completely by him!!
If that part was inspired by what I said then I'm sorry, I wasn't going to insult anyone ^^''
Yeah, there is no way to face this rationally, because all psychic problems are very difficult and can't be taken on the same rights like normal situations.
Emotions while watching the show are very important but distancing yourself is important too. I think that to more fully understand the show one should try to udnerstand the emotion of all characters, the less likeable too. I think that when Michiru told in the first sequences of episode one about "understanding people's hearts" she thought about Sousuke too. And trying to understand the hearts of other people is what this drama is about... that's why it's so complicated and full of mistakes xD" even in the situation when Takeru thinks about Ruka - he clearly do, what she expects from him, he listens to her and try to understand what lays in her heart and what she needs, but on the other hand he seldom let himself show what he wants.
Besides, don't you think that when you accept that you have the same methods as him then that brings you closer to him? Actually every human, because everyone has its bright and dark sides and we do hurt people even if we don't want to. That's a big truth we can face because of such characters. The most important is love, hate doesn't change antything for better ^^'' actually, because of dark emotions this show is so violent (but then there wouldn't be fun without them, because it is show about DV xD!).

By the way I still wonder who will die... Firstly I thought either Takeru (everyone but not him please XD") or Ruka, but now I'm lost totallyXDD

SithSylar

Post by SithSylar » Jun 8th, '08, 23:49

bmwracer wrote:If anyone used seri's subs:

The text at the end of seri's subs says: "[Note: It says last chapter, but just of this part of the story. Still one more story after (Episode 11). Plus a special compilation episode to come as well!]"

Ohhh Thats so sweet thanks so much for the info. Do you know a release date for the Special Compilation episode. Ohhhh damn i love this show ^^

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Jun 9th, '08, 00:26

mistery_priestess wrote:
fifimimi wrote:And if wanting to KILL SOUSUKE is acting as low as him...I'd still rather take the insult and kill him!! How could you face this person rationally? The 2 best characters are being destroyed completely by him!!
If that part was inspired by what I said then I'm sorry, I wasn't going to insult anyone ^^''
No worries...I read your message but wasn't thinking of you while typing what I did...I am usually a rational person so if I wasn't as 'in' to the drama as I really am I would say...something rational like 'killing someone isn't the answer'...but I know that dispte knowing what is the 'right' thing to do...i.e. lawful punishment...I want to make the point that given the situation...I'd rather suffer the consequence of doing what my heart tells me (the wrong thing) than what my head would tell me. But off course..that's only in the life of a drama!!

misha_takarai

Post by misha_takarai » Jun 9th, '08, 02:17

really!! ho sankyuu

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 9th, '08, 02:33

Okay, that was a LOT of reading lol... I had no idea this thread was still moving this fast. I suppose that's what happens when the writers drop some MAJOR plot points into a single episode.

Anyway... I had some more thoughts on the final part of the episode:
I have no idea, but the idea just sort of ran through my mind as I was reading here. You can take what you want from it. I don't even know if I believe it or not, but I suppose ideas are made to be shared right?

So, Sosuke is trying to ruin everyone's life that has "taken" his Michiru away, right? He tried to stop Ruka with the letters that he sent and posted around about her being a man in a woman's body and all. But then he realized that it didn't faze Ruka, so he has to go to plan two... Scare her away by the threat of physical violence.

If he was smart, he should have realized that it wouldn't have worked either on her, because she was the one that threw herself in front of Michiru that time in the hospital after she'd been in the motocross accident.

But, Sosuke, not really knowing what to do, calls her out to his apartment to threaten her that he's going to "up the scale" on his letters that he's sending out. She doesn't care, gets in some verbal jabs at him that makes him more angry with her and decides to try a new approach. Violence...

So, he's hitting her, and probably expecting her to run away, but since she is so brave, she fights back. She's the only person that's been able to fight him back yet, and this disturbs him. He knows that he's stronger, but because she keeps fighting him back, he realizes that this also isn't going to scare her away from "his Michiru".

As they are fighting, he ends up throwing her onto the bed. That's when he gets the idea about the one thing that might actually affect her. So, once he gets her on the ground and hurts her more, he decides to pull out that one last resort that he has. Sexual assault. And as he rips open her shirt, he gets the reaction that he's been waiting for. True fear.

And of course, that's when the episode ends, and we are all left to try to figure out what will happen next, as we go insane waiting for the week to go by.

But, what I was thinking was now that he's gotten that reaction from her, he can be satisfied with that knowing that he'll have something to threaten her with. If she's fearing that he -might- rape her (the one thing that would send her over the edge), then maybe she'll be easier to control.

I don't think that he can actually rape her though, because that would prove that his love for Michiru isn't the real kind of love, proving Ruka right about her saying that the person who really loves Michiru is her, and not Sosuke. To be intimate with another woman, is a sure fire way to prove your love for Michiru isn't pure, and that wouldn't be a good way to convince Michiru to return to his little love nest.

So, knowing this, I think Sosuke might just hurt her some more and not actually go through with it, rather to act disgusted with Ruka for being a man in a woman's body, or something to that affect, since he's said that kind of thing before.

But then again, that could just be wishful thinking on my part....
Last edited by Hikaria on Jun 9th, '08, 02:36, edited 1 time in total.

mewific

Post by mewific » Jun 9th, '08, 02:36

My gosh... I just saw episode 9... that was scary. RYO was totally in character. I was gripped with fear whenever he's on-screen. I'm so depressed.... the title of the last episode is "Love and Death" Who will die? Not Ruka and Takeru please!!!

This is such a superb drama! Unbelievably GREAT!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 9th, '08, 02:40

SithSylar wrote:

Ohhh Thats so sweet thanks so much for the info. Do you know a release date for the Special Compilation episode. Ohhhh damn i love this show ^^
Well that's what it said at the end of the subs for Episode 9... Whether it's true or not needs confirmation from other sources... :sweat:

Can anyone confirm?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jun 9th, '08, 03:12

^ wherever Yuuki pulled that airing schedule says the same thing.
there's a 10th episode, the "last" episode (extended by 15 min), and then some sort of SP compilation (20 min longer than normal)
it's anybody's guess what's in the compilation ep... :scratch:

tenten.18

Cups!

Post by tenten.18 » Jun 9th, '08, 03:23

Good evening one and all :)
This may be a little bit off topic but has anyone seen these ? :

http://shop.fujitv.co.jp/daiba/shopping ... p=0&Rank=5
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/footcircle/863269/
http://shopping.hobidas.com/shop/highro ... m/807.html

I was browsing around and I was kind of interested in getting one :D
Does anyone know of a way to get these over here in NA?
And sorry if I'm being off topic, I wasn't sure where to post this :P

(edited to fix the HTML links)

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Jun 9th, '08, 03:48

Well, that was intense. I don't even know what to say so I just won't say anything at all.

Looking forward to episode 10. ( Because we all know rape is something to look forward to. :roll )

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 9th, '08, 04:00

on the trailer of episode 10
ruka's like "I HAVE BEEN TOUCHED BY AN ALIEN!! I GOTTA BUY A NEW SHIRT,NEW SHOES AND NEW EVERYTHING!" lol i love the facial expression
and.. for those who watched episode 9 only
Okay when sousuke opened her jacket the mug fall down
someone said that it will break into pieces??
if it did.. the rape scene must be real
Last edited by kishimoto-ruka119 on Jun 9th, '08, 04:09, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 9th, '08, 04:07

mizune wrote:it's anybody's guess what's in the compilation ep... :scratch:
Highlights of all the beatings?

That should make all the fangirls happy. :glare:

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Jun 9th, '08, 04:10

kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:on the trailer of episode 10
ruka's like "I HAVE BEEN TOUCHED BY AN ALIEN!! I GOTTA BUY A NEW SHIRT,NEW SHOES AND NEW EVERYTHING!" lol i love the facial expression
It was more like: WTF, OH NO YOU DIDN'T. NO YOU IS NOT GONNA DO WHAT I THINK YOU'RE GONNA DO. OH HELL NO.

Haha this gives me an idea...

:lol *goes to mess around with soft subs*

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 9th, '08, 04:13

QNSpider wrote:
kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:on the trailer of episode 10
It was more like: WTF, OH NO YOU DIDN'T. NO YOU IS NOT GONNA DO WHAT I THINK YOU'RE GONNA DO. OH HELL NO.

Haha this gives me an idea...

:lol *goes to mess around with soft subs*
Oh lol.. i hate the shirt that she bought
too much boyish as i expected :glare:

oh one more thing
RUKA IS HELLA IRRITATED lol
Last edited by kishimoto-ruka119 on Jun 9th, '08, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Jun 9th, '08, 04:14

Eh...she's a tomboy, what'd you expect? o_o?

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 9th, '08, 04:15

QNSpider wrote:Eh...she's a tomboy, what'd you expect? o_o?
i thought she only wears shirt and jackets
as i saw.. she bought a large thick polo XD lol

btw i edited my post up there

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Jun 9th, '08, 04:20

kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:
Ruka's gonna throat a smack down up in thar. /end of street slang
lmao @ if Ruka spoke in street slang and went all "gangstah" on Sousuke...

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 9th, '08, 04:45

QNSpider wrote:
kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:
Hahahha, Somehow.. i was out of boredom so i searched for the website that ruka is looking at everytime she uses her laptop.! LOL i cant find it

boa258

Post by boa258 » Jun 9th, '08, 04:55

kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:
QNSpider wrote:
kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:
Hahahha, Somehow.. i was out of boredom so i searched for the website that ruka is looking at everytime she uses her laptop.! LOL i cant find it
LOL i dont think its actually available, maybe just the drama staff created the website :)

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 9th, '08, 05:39

mistery_priestess wrote:
of course all the other characters make up this show too. i mean if ruka wasn't in this show i probably wouldn't watch it. it's her storyline that keeps me watching.

seriously if he's not a bad person then what is he? i mean beating up your gf everytime she doesn't do what you like and threaten suicide so that she won't leave is just wrong. what's the difference between her and someone in jail? they both don't have any freedom and when they want to escape they are beaten until they give up all. The only difference here is that michiru fell in love with the wrong person instead of committing a crime and having to pay for it.

now does he deserve death? probably not, but if he does do what we are all thinking then yea i think he deserves everything that is coming to him. there are alot of lonely people in this world with a bad childhood but they aren't abusive, manipulative, or dangerous, and not to mention a complete hypocrite (his job is to help kids with abusive parents but he is abusive himself).

In here both takeru and sousake have a bad childhood but takeru made the best of his life and became the most caring and loving person on this show (well 2nd for me since ruka is always the best). i can't just let him off the hook or even pity him just because he has a bad childhood.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 9th, '08, 05:51

rulan wrote:
mistery_priestess wrote:
of course all the other characters make up this show too. i mean if ruka wasn't in this show i probably wouldn't watch it. it's her storyline that keeps me watching.
yeah! although initially i was interested with this drama for Ryo, but as it goes on, i watched this mostly for Ruka haha :thumright:

For me, her character is the most intriguing and interesting. I guess without Juri or Eita in this drama, i won't be THIS ADDICTED to Last Friends.

harlequeen

Post by harlequeen » Jun 9th, '08, 06:00

episode 9 is AMAZING.. i'm really loving this drama

akinoame27

Post by akinoame27 » Jun 9th, '08, 06:10

Oh my gosh, I just saw ep 4-9 yesterday...... So I finally got here because I didn´t want to read any spoilers before..
aaaaaa, the ep 9.... please please please don´t let that happen. I swear I tried to understand Sousuke but if he does it....
I know that a lot of people said that before me but Ruka and Takeru are the best characters of the show... Takeru, well, Sousuke has hurted him enough, I think. If Sousuke does even THAT to Ruka... :cry: :cry: Ruka and Takeru are suffering enough even without Sousuke but they were able to be quite happy with their friends... and now...
well, I´m so excited to see next ep (although I´m scared because of the name of the ep - I don´t want to see anyone die... except Sousuke... but I don´t know... I think he should get some medical care or something... maybe he´s not "forever-bad-guy" but if he does that to ruka... I hope he´ll be eaten by wolfs...................)

sry for my EN

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jun 9th, '08, 06:15

bmwracer wrote:

You may not be too far from the mark, really.... ^_^;
I personally have a sneaking suspicion that it will be a documentary-like special about DV, using the drama as a backdrop. Sure, it could be more about the issues Ruka's character faces, but the centerpiece of this drama really is Michiru's struggles with herself and DV, so that's where I'm placing my bet.
It won't be the first time that a network has done something like this either. Dr. Koto had a SP between the 1st and 2nd seasons which (I believe) was about the lives of nurses. I think Umizaru also had an SP about Coast Guard divers....

But we shall see...

aninahmad

Post by aninahmad » Jun 9th, '08, 07:23

ooppss... hi guys and gals... i'm new.. so bear with me... (appreciate your guidance!!)

i've watched last friends until ep7 (cos that's 8 and 9 has not been subbed yet!!) and i agree that this drama works best with Ruka and Takeru... they're the best... not to say the rest are not... but Ruka and Takeru outshine the rest..

on Souseke, i guess everyone knows why he becomes what he becomes and like rulan said... Takeru and Souseke takes their bad experience differently. The moral is how we as individual wants to change our life.. meaning, for Souseke guess he can change it by controlling Michiru and for Takeru, by trying to forget his past and start afresh even though it is hard on him and takes time.

I guess i've been spoiled for ep 8 and 9 however, i don't mind... whatever the outcome of the drama i guess it won't satisfy everybody... right... after all this is only a drama and we as the audience try to get as much morale from the story....

(arrgghhh.. can't wait for the subbed of ep 8 & 9)

Ganbatte!!! :thumright:

SithSylar

Post by SithSylar » Jun 9th, '08, 07:24

siutou_amy wrote:You know, my dad is also addicted to the show hahaha. He just watched Ep09, and he was so frustrated as well. Hahahaha. He can't wait for next week. :lol

Anyway, from Yuuki's scans of the manga, and with suketeru's translations, I made some image editing that I thought ended up as really nice looking manga translations. You can view the PDF in my blog~

Ohhhhh damn that prologue manga was good. How many more is there going to be? ^^

airskape

Post by airskape » Jun 9th, '08, 08:24

aninahmad wrote:(arrgghhh.. can't wait for the subbed of ep 8 & 9)
just so you know, softsubs are up to ep 9 8) so maybe use those instead of waiting for the hardsubs

aisugirintea

Post by aisugirintea » Jun 9th, '08, 09:04

she's a B at max, unfortunately. *><*

oh, if i didn't remember wrongly, there is gonna be a drama with ueno juri, yamapi and aragaki yui. i think it will be a pretty good combination of casts and definitely must-watch! hehe~ can't wait.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 9th, '08, 09:36

aisugirintea wrote:she's a B at max, unfortunately. *><*

oh, if i didn't remember wrongly, there is gonna be a drama with ueno juri, yamapi and aragaki yui. i think it will be a pretty good combination of casts and definitely must-watch! hehe~ can't wait.
Juri with Yamapi?! well, that combination will be interesting but i can't help but wonder what kind of storyline would it be :blink

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 9th, '08, 09:41

r u talking bout Blue Code coz i think it is not Juri but Erika Toda, Aragaki Yui and Yamapi

Loopa89

Post by Loopa89 » Jun 9th, '08, 10:06

This dorama is so FREAKING gooood!! Im addicted. The cast is wonderful!! I want someone like Ruka in my life! Takeru mo. ^-^

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 9th, '08, 10:22

aisugirintea wrote:she's a B at max, unfortunately. *><*

Salz is right, it's not Juri with Yamapi and Aragaki but Toda Erika. Unless you're talking about a drama that's not Code Blue and there's another with YamaPi and Gaki in. Unlikely though.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 9th, '08, 11:42

^Yuuki: Love your middle siggy!! hahaha DIE SOUSUKE!!! haha

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 9th, '08, 13:41

mizune wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

You may not be too far from the mark, really.... ^_^;
I personally have a sneaking suspicion that it will be a documentary-like special about DV, using the drama as a backdrop. Sure, it could be more about the issues Ruka's character faces, but the centerpiece of this drama really is Michiru's struggles with herself and DV, so that's where I'm placing my bet.
It won't be the first time that a network has done something like this either. Dr. Koto had a SP between the 1st and 2nd seasons which (I believe) was about the lives of nurses. I think Umizaru also had an SP about Coast Guard divers....

But we shall see...
So ka....

Well, hopefully it's something of significance and not a fluff piece just to suck in viewers out of morbid curiosity... :sweat:

mistery_priestess

Post by mistery_priestess » Jun 9th, '08, 14:28

avieamber wrote:yeah! although initially i was interested with this drama for Ryo, but as it goes on, i watched this mostly for Ruka haha :thumright: For me, her character is the most intriguing and interesting. I guess without Juri or Eita in this drama, i won't be THIS ADDICTED to Last Friends.
Yeah, and that's one of the best thing in dramas/books/m&a you can watch for only one character xD
I was watching this show for Ueno Juri and Eita, but on the first episodes my attention was fully on Ryo's character XDD but later Eita stole my heart again xD especially from the moments he became active in helping Michiru (taking her from Sousuke's home) his character gives so many new emotions.

And I guess I'm the least emotionally attached person to Last Friends in this threadXDD I like watching it every week, but I don't love it... the intense of complicated things are not for my liking, though I like heavy psychological weight of this drama. If there wouldn't be born my fascination for Sousuke then I would watch the drama only after the season, all episodes at once xD" Now Eita is a second must for watching it regularly and I got attached finaly xD"
aninahmad wrote: on Souseke, i guess everyone knows why he becomes what he becomes and like rulan said... Takeru and Souseke takes their bad experience differently. The moral is how we as individual wants to change our life.. meaning, for Souseke guess he can change it by controlling Michiru and for Takeru, by trying to forget his past and start afresh even though it is hard on him and takes time.
+
rulan wrote:In here both takeru and sousake have a bad childhood but takeru made the best of his life and became the most caring and loving person on this show (well 2nd for me since ruka is always the best). i can't just let him off the hook or even pity him just because he has a bad childhood.
Well, I think it's not so easy to know from where are bad things born. It's not like one person with bad experiences is weak (or stupid or something) and that's why he does bad things and the other with bad experiences doesn't do bad things becasuse he is strong enough not to do them and live new life. Though the weakness is very important in this matter too, it's not what determines completely. Some things are from genes. Some people in some situation can do something bad, and other not, but maybe if these other would be put in some other bad situation they could do even worse things. Every person has it's own borders. One can't say it's the same for everyone and every tragedy is very personal. Psychological problems are the problems of individuals, not to classify persons as evil/bad and serve them punishment. There are no bad people, there are just people who are doing something wrong. Caused by many different things, not just a bad childhood, truth is never a one factor. Every person who does bad things is hurting himself the most. People who have others beside them, who can smile from the heart, who can be sad at some times and cry and then begin a new day, even if they become hurt and injured it would not affect them for a lifetime. Even if they won't be able to do what they want to the most, they can find something else, because they have strenght that they receive from friends and the loved ones. Sousuke is forever imprisoned in his little lonely and conflicted world, he doesn't feel up and downs like a normal person, he can't open his heart to belive in people and feel positive power from people. It's a world of complete blackness and solitude. It's probably difficult to imagine and very hard to bear. If we can't understand that living like that is worse than the world with true smiles, joined and secret worries, struggles with living, bad and good things then there is something not good happening in our minds. Probably dark emotions have already taken control of our thoughts xD"
Of course the things he does to Michiru, Ruka and Takeru are bad but that shouldn't be the ending thought.
And him being a complete hypocrite is just from the view of outsider, one can easily see it's because of his inner conflict, not because he's a hypocrite.

Oh by the way, Takeru is interesting too. Does anyone noticed what he said in the 9th episode?
"My heart is actually pretty small, just the size of mouse heart" (forgive me, it's not the exact phrase, just the sense of it)
Don't you think it's interesting that someone so loving and caring like Takeru says something like that completely serious (it doesn't matter that he laughed it out, it's obviously to hide the fact he really thinks so). I think Takeru is in much more pain than we think he is. He's probably long way apart from starting anything truly afresh. He consiously distance himself from others, puts on a nice face just to not let himself be near the center (his escaping to the kitchen for making coffee is a perfect example). Especially on the begining one can see he puts almost an artficial distance between others and doesn't say what he really thinks to others making it up by nice face. I understand if he does all such things just to keep distance and not letting others discover about his bad experience, but seriously getting closer doesn't neccessary mean being open about all secrets. When the fear about touch and physical (mostly in sexual sense) closeness is for sure an effect from his traumatic memories, but the emotional distance can't be explained just like that. I think he probably have low selfesteem because of what happened. That would explain him saying that he has a small heart too. Though it's just an assumption, because Takeru is a very reserved character. What do you think about that?

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 9th, '08, 14:59

been away for a few days...hola 20 pages to read LOL
you guys are so obsessed ... and awesome too

just finished ep. 9 and i wished Ruka would killed Sousuke in ep 10
get over with the death part already..DIE SOUSUKE DIE!!!!

I think Ryo kun got the best part(character) in this drama, he got to sit on both Masami and Juri chan's bodies lol he's the guy to be envy with and as for Sousuke...he deserves to die soon :mrgreen:

p/s he also got to kick Masami, Juri and Eita too LOL

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 9th, '08, 19:34

About the Sosuke thing, what I know is Ryo said in previous interviews, "please hate him". So everyone should, not like it's a hard thing to do. ^_^
kishimoto-ruka119 wrote: Oh lol.. i hate the shirt that she bought
too much boyish as i expected
You think she has time to pick and choose in her condition? ^^;
bmwracer wrote: If anyone used seri's subs:

I just saw the synopsis for episode 11(finale) too so it should be true. The story doesn't end in the next episode of course. Episode 11 should be something like an 'epilogue'. I guess the "last chapter" and the finale like preview is a ploy to get higher ratings? After that kinda ending, I guess they would take advantage of it...^^; Hopefully the SP(pulled that schedule from Masami's talent company website) is more than just recycled clips/awareness documentary for the different issues...
Hikaria wrote:
I don't think that he can actually rape her though, because that would prove that his love for Michiru isn't the real kind of love, proving Ruka right about her saying that the person who really loves Michiru is her, and not Sosuke. To be intimate with another woman, is a sure fire way to prove your love for Michiru isn't pure, and that wouldn't be a good way to convince Michiru to return to his little love nest.
I kinda agree on this. Add to the fact that Sosuke keep spouting about Michiru breaking her promises and doesn't listen to what he says, we know that keeping a promise is important for him(should be related to his childhood 'trauma'). So, unless raping Ruka doesn't count as 'cheating on Michiru' for him, he probably won't do what we think he'll do. He'll just hire some other people to do it now that he sees her fear instead of 'dirtying' himself. Yikes, I probably should stop giving him ideas...

mistery_priestess: About Takeru, yeah, I'm kinda interested in what he means by he was only half kidding about having a heart as small as a rat's...Does he mean it literally? Meaning it's some kind of disease...or metaphorically? But so far, he's shown that he has a big heart. Despite how much his past tries to catch up to him, I believe that the moment he met Ruka, he's been healing. Seeing other people's problems reminds him that he's not necessarily alone. Moving into the share house and helping the others is like therapy in a way. The current happenings are just obstacles so that he can climb higher and overcome his issues one day(hopefully we'll get to see that towards the end). So, don't let him die...>_<
siutou_amy wrote:You know, my dad is also addicted to the show hahaha. He just watched Ep09, and he was so frustrated as well. Hahahaha. He can't wait for next week. :lol

Nice to know your dad likes it. I don't know if it's the type of show I'd recommend to my parents though. Heh. But friends, yeah, I'm trying to convert as many as I can. ^^ As for the scans...I think you did a good work and I don't mind you using the scans...but you don't have to credit me since I just shared them and didn't do the scanning myself. But for the translations, did you ask Suketeru before hand? It's only proper since it was mentioned in her LJ that if you wanna use her translations for a better version, you should let her know first...

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 9th, '08, 19:49

^Yuuki wrote:
bmwracer wrote: If anyone used seri's subs:

I just saw the synopsis for episode 11(finale) too so it should be true. The story doesn't end in the next episode of course. Episode 11 should be something like an 'epilogue'. I guess the "last chapter" and the finale like preview is a ploy to get higher ratings? After that kinda ending, I guess they would take advantage of it...^^; Hopefully the SP(pulled that schedule from Masami's talent company website) is more than just recycled clips/awareness documentary for the different issues...
We were joking over at J-Dorama that the SP is nothing more than highlights of all the beatdowns to appease all the Ryo fangirls... :lol

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jun 9th, '08, 19:51

SithSylar wrote: Ohhhhh damn that prologue manga was good. How many more is there going to be? ^^
I dunno how many more... does anyone know? xD

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 9th, '08, 21:23

The manga has only the prologue so far. Chapter 1(the real story) should be out be the end of this month or early next.

SPOILER FOR EPISODE 11(BABY NEWS AND HINTS TO WHO DIES) SO DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU WANNA BREATHE!!

Episode 11(chronology might not be as follow):
-"Michiru who lost an important person" makes an important decision.
-All-Japan Motocross competition. Ruka won. Those who came to support were her family, Takeru, Eri.
-There's a press conference for the win and a celebration(family, takeru, eri n coach)
-Takeru and his sister's issue will be revealed/resolved
-The starting scene in episode 1 isn't the end, there will be further continuation of it.
From another source(TV Guide):
-Ruka and the rest founds out about the real reason behind Michiru's news/decision.
-Ogurin gets transfered overseas for work. Going with his wife. Eri says good bye despite being heartbroken.
-Alone, Michiru moves to a house her mother has ay a city by the coast and gets a job there. And then found out that she's pregnant. She decides to keep the baby(Sosuke's) despite her mother's objection.
My comment:
With the lack of Sosuke being mentioned, the person who died is clear I think...but let's not open the champagne yet eh? Haha. The spoilers we know of ep10 is probably only the first half. What happened after Michiru goes to Sosuke's place will probably be the real climax. Sosuke will threaten the safety of the share house members to stop Michiru from leaving...dun, dun, dun...what will she do?

And I have more interesting bits and filming sightings to share. I'll post it tomorrow. Ja, till then. I think I can sleep better tonight...=3

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 9th, '08, 21:38

^Yuuki! Thank you!!! I LOVE your spoilers! (LOL)

I think I can sleep better tonight, too... I was so so sooo depressed after watching episode 9. Hm, no, I was depressed during the whole dorama so far! I was like... EMO in school every day .___.
Now I can get some strength to watch the rest of the show. Lol. Ruka's problems always bothered me the most ;__; I feel like crying every time I see her... yes - haha.