[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 17th, '08, 18:07

^Yuuki wrote:An account from someone on set on 14/6:

今日シェアハウスで记念撮影をした后に
ルカがニコニコと手を差し出してソースケとがっちり握手
続いてタケルも駆け寄りソースケとハグしてた

Today, at the Share House, the casts had a commemoration shooting.
Ruka, while laughing, reached out her hand and shook hands with Sosuke
After that, Takeru ran over and gave Sosuke a big hug.
That person needs to differentiate the actors from the roles apparently.... :sweat:

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 17th, '08, 18:49

Sailor Moon wallpaper: :mrgreen:

Just kidding...lol. It's not sailormoon but RukaxMichiru. :wub: :D

credit: Juri Ueno baidubar

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 17th, '08, 18:58

hanapyupyu: Aha, that one was posted pretty early on this thread if I remembered correctly. Even before the drama started(and before I joined). It's from the May issue of GYAO. ^^

panther: Hmm, I found a transcribed text of the whole show which made me understand it better than just hearing it. You got most of it right, but here's what I understand on 2nd hearing and with the help of the text:

M: What can you tell us about (daseikan-habit+feelings), or loneliness or your feelings about the lunch bento on set(laughs), Juri-chan? (i thought it was weird because it jumped from loneliness to lunch box...)
J: Eh...when Michiru left from the house, became lonely.
M: Ah~ I was lonely too.
(laughs)
J: My opinions about the lunch bento on set?
A: You treated us the other day didn't you? Jojo-ben.(is it noodles? i just know that it was the same lunch set that Takuya Kimura treated everyone on set during the filming of Engine. Juri mentioned it on Waratte Iitomo)
M: That's right! That's right! Thanks you Juri-chan~
J: Today as well, Masami prepared the curry dish for me.(those who watched MentoreG would know which one. Masami said she catered for it to be served on set before. Should be the same one.)
J: And that curry appeared in my dream today.
M: For real??
O: Ah, dream that comes true~ (Masayume)
M: Masayume!
(laughs)
J: It's like this, "Put some onions, then scoop it up and eat" next, "scoop up some corn and eat it", it appears as if someone was teaching and someone was eating. Then, after that it was like "put everything in!". I ended up dreaming of myself eating. (laughs)

Well, the rest of the Japanese text is here.

Last Friends: Horror movie version Trailer:

(lol~ nicely done)

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 17th, '08, 19:19

^Yuuki wrote:hanapyupyu: Aha, that one was posted pretty early on this thread if I remembered correctly. Even before the drama started(and before I joined). It's from the May issue of GYAO. ^^
Oh, was it posted before? I saw the magazine pics but not the wallpaper. I just wanted to repost it here coz Juri is so hot in this wallpaper.... :D
(laughs)
J: It's like this, "Put some onions, then scoop it up and eat" next, "scoop up some corn and eat it", it appears as if someone was teaching and someone was eating. Then, after that it was like "put everything in!". I ended up dreaming of myself eating. (laughs)
haha, you're right. Masami sure asks some weird questions. Juri and Masami seem to have gotten quite close after filming LF, ne? :-)

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 17th, '08, 19:49

^Yuuki wrote: Last Friends: Horror movie version Trailer:

(lol~ nicely done)
i saw the video you mentioned and LOL.. as you said, it's nicely done. if someone who've never heard about this drama watch the vid, i'm sure he'll think that it's a horror movie.. :lol

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 17th, '08, 20:00

^Yuuki wrote:Last Friends: Horror movie version Trailer:

(lol~ nicely done)
Props to the maker. I really enjoyed that. :thumleft:

Sano-kun

Post by Sano-kun » Jun 17th, '08, 22:24

*Okashi* wrote:What's the problem with Megaupload?

Anyway, there you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?w26kezh3hyb
Thank you!

I was listening to all of the tracks and I was so dissapointed that this one wasn't in the OST.

:cheers:

panther

Post by panther » Jun 17th, '08, 22:34

@Yuuki:

I am surprised that there is a text fo the radio talk! And on a Chinese website too! :O Amazing! Thanks for the link.

Yes, the text helps, thanks, though there are some mistakes too on that website concerning the part we are talking about. But still, it is amazing that the webmaster did the whole radio talk. :salut: Especially when those 5 people were talking and laughing at the same time like that. I am wondering if the text was taken from the official site of the radio show? (if any)

After looking at the text and listened to the part once again, I think this should be the closest translation to it. I will also point out where my ears were wrong (or right)

Masami: What about such feelings as not wanting to do it (while filming), or sadness/loneliness, or your impression/thought on the lunch box on the location, Juri-chan? (It is daseikan all right, only that it is not "habit", but "the feeling of not wanting to do it")
Juri: Eh, when Michiru left the (share)house, I felt sad (nuance in Japanese: as in losing someone)

The website wrote it as "ミチルが家出て行くと" (IF Michiru leaves the house) which is future tense. Actually Juri-chan said "ミチルが家出て行くとき” (at the time/when Michiru-chan left the house) which shows that it has already happened/been filmed.
Also here, "sabishi" is best translated as "sad" because in this case, the english word "lonely" is not equivalent or accurate for the context. Sabishi can also mean sad, with the nuance of losing something or someone precious.

Masami: I felt sad too.

The website wrote "A:この間あがったじゃん~叙々苑弁~ ".
I think it should be ” A:この間やったじゃん~ 叙々弁
I didn't know about takuya obento, so I thought she said Joujoumen, maybe a kind of noodle because of the word "men" Joujouben is yakiniku on rice bento, sold by Joujou-en restaurant with the main shop in Roppongi.

The website wrote: "まさみちゃん カレー入れてくれんで" (Masami-chan kare irete kuren de)
This is correct, I was wrong thinking it was "[まさみちゃん カレー入れてくれ] って" (Masami-chan kare irete kure tte), I never thought Juri-chan would speak in Kansai-ben because I forgot she is from Kansai, lol.
The Kansai-ben sentence above means "Because Masami-chan did not make curry for us,"
continued with "so today that curry appeared in my dream."
In Kansai-ben, "kuren" is "kuremasen", a negative sentence, so don't translate it as positive.

About "masayume", maybe that website is correct, I don't know. My ears caught it as "mata yume? (dream again?)". The word was spoken in a questioning intonation, so it should be translated as "Masayume?", or "a dream that will come true?", and not with an exclamation mark.

Then, what Juri-chan said should be translated as what I translated in my earlier post.
No, she was not saying "corn", but "kou" (this way). She was saying that she was teaching the others how to eat the curry, which was "this way". If it were someone else that taught her, her sentence would have the word "moratte" as in "oshiete moratte". She was the one teaching.

The website wrote "次はもう全部行っちゃってみたいな". It should be "次はもう全部行っちゃってみたいな事を言って。” I think had she meant for the food to be all thrown in, she would have said "次はもう全部入れて”. Therefore, I think she meant for everyone to go home (or somewhere) after eating the curry. I just got it from the way she said 行っちゃって! Actually it could also mean all the food has finished up, but the first one is more likely from her tone of speaking. :scratch:

The website wrote:
A:夢だからね
J:自分が食べた夢見てた

I think the correct one should be like my earlier post:
A:夢だっけ?(so it was just a dream, huh?)
J:みんなで食べた夢見てた (I dream eating together with everyone).

Then Asami should say いいな。(that was great).

Lol, do you know what, Yuuki, I think we should team up and form a translation or subbing team :D j/k

I apologize to everyone for this long post. I think I had better be a bit silent from now on.
Last edited by panther on Jun 19th, '08, 07:36, edited 4 times in total.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 17th, '08, 23:24

*Okashi* wrote:What's the problem with Megaupload?

Anyway, there you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?w26kezh3hyb
THANKS! :cheers:

lunarmiko

Post by lunarmiko » Jun 18th, '08, 03:51

I'm a newbie here on these forums. I joined just for Last Friends =) Anyway, just wanted to show my love for the series with a winamp skin of Ruka and Michiru for anyone that uses winamp player: http://www.freewebtown.com/lildragon07/skins_jap.html

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 18th, '08, 04:07

lunarmiko wrote:I'm a newbie here on these forums. I joined just for Last Friends =) Anyway, just wanted to show my love for the series with a winamp skin of Ruka and Michiru for anyone that uses winamp player: http://www.freewebtown.com/lildragon07/skins_jap.html
wow you make really awesome and beautiful looking skins. i might just download winamp to use your skins.

alisoniii

Post by alisoniii » Jun 18th, '08, 04:29

sleepyzzz wrote:Hi all! Could someone pls help me out?

One of my favourite scenes is in Episode 5 about 31 minutes in - it's the part where Michiru tells Takeru that Ruka has liked someone for many years but has never expressed her feelings. I'm trying to locate the background music of this scene in the OST - but I seem to be failing. Anyone knows whether it is on the OST? Many thanks!! Appreciate any help!! Thanks heaps!
nope, it wasnt in the OST. too bad... it's a great track too.

i have a similar problem, the track in episode 3, 31:30 minute (when Ruka & Takeru took Michiru to see the colourful ferriswheel) OR in episode 10, 15:30 minute (when Michiru was leaving the sharehouse) isn't in the OST as well. It's the piano/quiet version of part of the Ruka Theme (Spiral Heart). love that soooo much. guess i'll just have to try to extract it in some ways. if i could... hehehe...

anyhow, howdy you all?
i'm new. been lurking around here since the drama started.
great drama, ne?

it's been really interesting reading all of you guys contribution.
yoroshiku~~ :-)

2muchsoda

Post by 2muchsoda » Jun 18th, '08, 04:56

Is there any SP in Last Friends?

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 18th, '08, 11:03

2muchsoda wrote:Is there any SP in Last Friends?
it will be next week..

bbhhjr

Hello, anyone answer some Tokyo economic/cultural questions?

Post by bbhhjr » Jun 19th, '08, 04:48

Hello.

I've been enjoying Last Friends very much.. Hope someone can answer a few questions.
I am a native New Yorker, and unfamiliar with many things Japanese..

the share house: where in Tokyo would one find a house like that?
Is it realistic that thoseou

bbhhjr

Hello, anyone answer some Tokyo economic/cultural questions?

Post by bbhhjr » Jun 19th, '08, 05:02

Hello.

I've been enjoying Last Friends very much.. Hope someone can answer a few questions.
I am a native New Yorker, and unfamiliar with many things Japanese..

the share house: where in Tokyo would one find a house like that?
Is it realistic that those house mates, with the jobs they have, to actually be able to afford a house like that? what would rent be for something like that, and what would their salaries be to be able to afford it; Should we assume there may be some parental subsidy to make it possible?

Also, regarding the style of the house... it looks very western, almost like a beach house at the Jersey Shore. Is this a common Japanese style home or is it a very intentional and chic, or at least popular. stylized imitation of a house with western, American, details? Just curious about this.

Also, does anyone know of an English or easy to navigate Japanese link to a website where I can purchase a set of their coffee cups?

THANKS IN ADVANCE ( and thanks to the encoders and subbers for enlightening me about Japanese pop culture. I find it interesting that while these subjects are not taboo in everyday American life, to have a popular drama like this in the mainstream would be taboo. It seems to be th opposite in Japan. Am I correct?)

THANKS again.

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 19th, '08, 05:34

lol im pretty dang sure that realistically only Eri and Ogurin could afford a place like that! There's no way that either Ruka or Takeru could make enough with their jobs to afford such a swanky place like that!

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 19th, '08, 05:51

i actually don't think it's that unrealistic. i mean they all have jobs except ruka but i think she has some kind of sponsership or rewards for winning races. If you've notice takeru has two jobs as a hair stylist and a bartender, michiru is also a hair stylist/assistent, eri is a stewardess, and ogura is well i'm not sure but apparently when he first moved in eri hinted that he makes alot of money.

for your other questions concerning japan i'll let others answer it.
fayenatic wrote:lol im pretty dang sure that realistically only Eri and Ogurin could afford a place like that! There's no way that either Ruka or Takeru could make enough with their jobs to afford such a swanky place like that!
well you gotta put into account that they're sharing the house and not paying for the whole place themselves. I mean if i rented a two room apartment for 3k between two people it'll just be 1,500 each. seriously that is still alot of money but it is still possilbe to live that kind of life if you're determine enough.

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 19th, '08, 07:13

rulan wrote:i actually don't think it's that unrealistic. i mean they all have jobs except ruka but i think she has some kind of sponsership or rewards for winning races. .
Ruka works as a mechanic at the bike shop, right?

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 19th, '08, 08:45

Still, Ruka and Eri were the only ones that lived in that house for a while though, weren't they? If those two can handle the rent by themselves then I bet it's not much with three extras.

Last episode in just over 4 hours, and I hope to god TVU player has the channels because I've pulled an all-nighter and I really don't want to fall asleep before it.

kaperj

Post by kaperj » Jun 19th, '08, 09:15

It's a drama, every impossible is possible

iluvjuri

Post by iluvjuri » Jun 19th, '08, 11:05

jdrama.cc is going to give english translation of the dialogues LIVE as the last episode is broadcasted on air a few hours later :wub:
http://jdrama.cc

You can watch it using keyhole TV live while reading the english dialogues on jdrama.cc simultaneously.

hyperhikari

Post by hyperhikari » Jun 19th, '08, 11:42

awww too bad theres no computer in my room! im currently in tokyo now, waiting anxiously for the last epi of last friends, tho i wont understand a thing.. but i so wanna know what wld happn.

btw, i went to fujitv centre at odaiba today. wanted to get the okaeri cups. but theyre all sold out except for ogurin`s! :| i like green but i dont like ogurin... just hw he treats eri like that. oh well...

hmm to me, im not so surprise as to why ruka likes michiru. i wld. i guess ruka sees something in her.. i mean, she`s weak in thebeginning, letting the beatings continue.. but not until sousuke starts to critisize ruka that she begins to retaliate. eventho she allows herself to be `bullied` she fought for her best friend, isnt that what friends r for?

90 mins to go!

wintergal

Post by wintergal » Jun 19th, '08, 12:00

iluvjuri wrote:jdrama.cc is going to give english translation of the dialogues LIVE as the last episode is broadcasted on air a few hours later :wub:
http://jdrama.cc

You can watch it using keyhole TV live while reading the english dialogues on jdrama.cc simultaneously.
Wow, awesome! :D Even better to enjoy the last ep with eng subs live!

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 19th, '08, 12:42

i think i get the pleasure of reading the sub online for now lol. will cut and paste the chat and when torrent is available tonight,hopefully i can watch it by tomorrow morning :mrgreen:

MuffyLantis

Post by MuffyLantis » Jun 19th, '08, 13:24

Utada Hikaru did a Last Friends thing again~

http://211.19.44.167/message/img1/2008061910534j.jpg

:lol

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 19th, '08, 13:27

MuffyLantis wrote:Utada Hikaru did a Last Friends thing again~

http://211.19.44.167/message/img1/2008061910534j.jpg

:lol
yeah saw that too...cute! gosh...reading the live chat now. I just wanna know the ending. :unsure:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 19th, '08, 13:30

hanapyupyu wrote: haha, you're right. Masami sure asks some weird questions. Juri and Masami seem to have gotten quite close after filming LF, ne? :-)
Oh, if you mean the wallpaper, then no. ^^ I think Masami knows that the way to Juri's heart is through her stomach. Haha. Offering food is definitely a way to get her attention. Just listen to the way Asami described Juri's eating habit(she eats frequently and in big portions) in the radio show. The sound effect was funny too. I think that's why she only became enthusiastic about the idea of living together when Masami offered to cook for her. Her reply, "Tabetai!". Lol.(from The Television OX interview posted earlier)

@panther: Appreciate the long reply. I still think Masami did catered the curry on set that day. Since Juri said 'today as well' and it wouldn't make sense to mention that 'Masami didn't prepare curry that day too'. Eri also was like 'uso!'. Unless Masami prepares it everyday, then it would be understandable...Masayume da! was what YamaShige said while Masami's did have a questioning tone. Plus, about the dream, I'm pretty sure it's corn. Just the way that particular curry dish is eaten. You put in all the toppings you want then pour the curry over it(as shown in MentoreG). So putting everything(as in toppings) in, makes sense as well. For me, I don't expect something broadcast live like that and is basically just people chatting to be as grammatically correct at what they teach in books. So, yeah, I can be wrong...but if you wanna talk more about it, just PM me cause I think we're ranting too much, heh.

@bbhhjr: In episode 1, Ruka told Michiru, "The rent is cheap, only 40000yen a month". So that's around 400USD per person, which I don't think is cheap at all. But for people in Japan, yeah, probably. And I think the owner rents it out by room basis and no matter how many person stays there, the charge would be the same. Kinda like a hostel where you pay for the room but is free to use the halls and stuff. As for the design, it's awesome isn't it? Huge props to the set designer. I recommend visiting the official website just to look at the section they dedicate for the 'share house'. They put up pictures of everyone's room, the batchroom, dining and hall area with description. =) And regarding the cups, you might have to go through a middleman to help you ship out of Japan. About which and how, itt has been posted a few times before. You can try PM sleepyzzz for more info since she has ordered them. About taboo or not, it's not opposite. I believe it's rare in Japan to approach all these issue unflinchingly and in a prime time drama too.

EDIT: LOL@ Hikki's art~ Nice. But no text? Eheh. Blog post:
http://www.u3music.com/message/index.ph ... 10534j.xml

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Jun 19th, '08, 13:44

Bit off topic but 40000yen a month

IS HELL CHEAP for UK..especially where I am (London).

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Jun 19th, '08, 13:55

Personally...I feel ep.10 is the most disappointing episode..I dare say that none of the episodes had left me 'disappointed'...be it an episode that made me happy or sad..is this the only one that left me feeling angry and annoyed. I just hate how it ended!
It was far too depressing at the point before it is revealed what Sousuke did to himself and so by the point it was revealed..I wasn't jumping for joy like how I'd wanted to cos it just wasn't the right feeling and timing..instead I was annoyed NOT sorrowful though!!

I would have preferred it if while beating up Michiru..under self-defence, she killed him...and somehow he fell off his balcony or something to which I will jump up from my chair and scream 'YESSSS!!!'...but I can't believe they had to make it all sympathetic!

He deserved punishment to which he got NONE of from anyone but himself.
Thanks for the spoiler tip bmwracer...I get confused about what to spoil nowadays and what not to...I thought that without mentioning the d**th word it would not be a spoiler.
Last edited by fifimimi on Jun 19th, '08, 17:22, edited 3 times in total.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 19th, '08, 13:56

Here, it's probably a whole month pay for some people. ^^; But it's such a great place to stay~

Here's something that would probably get buried in 15 minutes time when the posting tsunami comes~

Latest issue of The Television. But what they wore seems to be from Waratte Iitomo Sp...

sytyue

Last ep!

Post by sytyue » Jun 19th, '08, 14:06

First of all I must say this ....
O M G Ruka looks hot in her suit at Ogurin and Eri's wedding!!!! And yeah it was Ogurin and Eri who got married! his very loud confession to Eri in the airport was kinda sweet though I thought the marriage happened a little bit too fast.

And a little off topic but Ruka's hair looked kinda different in today's episode.

I really loved the Takeru and Ruka moment by the sea after they had spent the day looking for Michiru. It was sweet that Ruka said that this was what husband and wife is like after a while; they find friendship. And I was kinda glad that Takeru finally told Ruka about his past so he would have someone else to carry his burden with him. I was really glad to find out that this women was his step sister and not blood related! When Takeru started to cry, I did too >< I almost wanted a RukaXTakeru ending after seeing the tent scene!

Anyways, I thought the whole bike crashing into the truck scene was very heart attack inducing and not needed! But glad that Ruka came out perfectly fine. But still I was screaming at the TV

The ending was bitter sweet. Sweet cause it was the best way they could have ended it without it being weird. but I was ssad for my lack of Ruka and Michiru ending.

SP next weeK!

blammer

Post by blammer » Jun 19th, '08, 14:10

:D :lol

My thoughts on the last episode? :
LOL, THIS WAS THE ENDING I WANTED! 1 mama and 2 papas. HAHA, as long as ruka didn't end up with takeru, I'm okay.
But I didn't appreciate the 2 cheap thrills , almost made me drop off my chair.

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 19th, '08, 14:12

Yaaay! Spoil me!! Give me more spoilers :faint:
xP

I hope the torrent will be up as soon as last week's one.
Last edited by TokyoJuice on Jun 19th, '08, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 19th, '08, 14:13

wow....
well i didn't get to watch it LIVE but read it all in the live chat...and i have to say, I LOVE ALL THE SWEET MOMENTS Ruka and Takeru have...including being together on the BIKE (now we know who they are for the bike scene in the trailer) and the SEASIDE too...such wonderful moments! I wanna thank the writers for writing these parts especially for them both!

Oh...the suspense on the road! GEEZ....that nearly got me a heart attack! well, i don't know whether i'm happy or disappointed with the ending yet till i watch the actual thing tomorrow, hopefully. So i'll rant tomorrow haha..

Well just as i expected for the ending, everyone HAPPY TOGETHER....ya know...but it doesn't sound like a TRUE ending to me, i wonder what the SP is all about next week.

crimsonmai

Post by crimsonmai » Jun 19th, '08, 14:16

Sorry my Japanese is really bad so I have a question about Takeru:
What did he say when he was at the beach alone with Ruka? I know it was something about his family and sister, but I couldn't make it out...Thanks!
:scratch:

zimoonstar

last episode

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 19th, '08, 14:17

SPOILER for EP11!!!!
I'm not satisfied with the ending tho. Like it's been done in haste. However, I think they did that to pave the way for the SP next week. Can't wait for that!!! I didn't understand the last few lines that michiru said... something about living in the sharehouse as friends, lovers, husband and wife?? anyhoo... it was a fun watch still.

name of the akachan (baby) is RUMI...RUMI?!?! as in RUKA+MICHIRU??? i thought ruka+michiru=MICHIRUKA... hahaha...nah, i just like that nickname better
SHOUT OUT TO ADMIN-SAN of JDRAMA.CC!!! DOMO ARIGATO GOZAIMASHITA!!!

can't wait til the SP!!!

dang..one more.... this ruka yume is about to end... boobers :cry: :cry:

sytyue

Post by sytyue » Jun 19th, '08, 14:18

crimsonmai wrote:Sorry my Japanese is really bad so I have a question about Takeru:
What did he say when he was at the beach alone with Ruka? I know it was something about his family and sister, but I couldn't make it out...Thanks!
:scratch:

So basically,
he told ruka about his past with his step sister. And how she was stressed because of the rest of the family and that he is scared of women after taht and he scared that he does not have the ability to make women happy. But ruka believes that he is the kind of guy that can.

haruko17

Post by haruko17 » Jun 19th, '08, 14:19

just watched it!
omg im so glad it was a happy ending!! i really loved it~~
i was soo scared they would kill someone else with the car accident and the birth! they really had my heart racing! XD
and im so happy for ogurin n eri! theyre great together~
i cant wait for the SP!

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 19th, '08, 14:21

Well...I haven't click...must...resist~ From the reaction though, should be good~

好評につき、特別篇のOAが決定!!
フジテレビ系「もうひとつのラスト・フレンズ」(仮)
OA:6月26日(木)22:00〜23:24

Oh, so the last episode is called Mou hitotsu no Last Friends. Related to the site?
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/lastfriends/another/index.html

Ja, I'll be back tomorrow~ :salut:

wintergal

Post by wintergal » Jun 19th, '08, 14:22

The last ep...
I must say, this episode is slightly more fast-paced. Seeing Michiru going to Kyushu initially to get away from Ruka and Takeru as she can't face them, her stomach was, like, still small. Can't see any baby bump. Then, jump to a few scenes later, there's the baby bump.

But anyways, I really love Ruka's hairstyle in here! <3 It really suits her! And definitely love TakeRuka scenes! Esp the beach scene where Takeru wanna tell her about his past.

Ogurin and Eri getting married... Haha.. Well, it's good... And the confession in the airport was sweet~~ XD Ruka in suit is <33 as well.

But overall, I love the ending. :) It's acceptable for me. Nice way to end it~

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 19th, '08, 14:23

fifimimi wrote:
Personally...I feel ep.10 is the most disappointing episode..I dare say that none of the episodes had left me 'disappointed'...be it an episode that made me happy or sad..is this the only one that left me feeling angry and annoyed. I just hate how it ended!

It was far too depressing at the point before it is revealed what Sousuke did to himself and so by the point it was revealed..I wasn't jumping for joy like how I'd wanted to cos it just wasn't the right feeling and timing..instead I was annoyed NOT sorrowful though!!

I would have preferred it if while beating up Michiru..under self-defence, she killed him...and somehow he fell off his balcony or something to which I will jump up from my chair and scream 'YESSSS!!!'...but I can't believe they had to make it all sympathetic!

Shouldn't you use the spoiler tags??? :scratch: (I added them to the quoted text above)

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 19th, '08, 14:29

wintergal wrote:The last ep...
I must say, this episode is slightly more fast-paced. Seeing Michiru going to Kyushu initially to get away from Ruka and Takeru as she can't face them, her stomach was, like, still small. Can't see any baby bump. Then, jump to a few scenes later, there's the baby bump.

But anyways, I really love Ruka's hairstyle in here! <3 It really suits her! And definitely love TakeRuka scenes! Esp the beach scene where Takeru wanna tell her about his past.

Ogurin and Eri getting married... Haha.. Well, it's good... And the confession in the airport was sweet~~ XD Ruka in suit is <33 as well.

But overall, I love the ending. :) It's acceptable for me. Nice way to end it~
Yah, the Eri-Ogurin wedding thing took me by surprise... i was expecting the wedding scene to be done much later in the episode. I'm happy for Eri... no more "Solitude" for her, eh?

yah...and Juri-san/Ruka in a tux/suit... HOTNESS!!! :wub: Ruka's hair is a bit different eh? but LUUUUVSSSSSS IT!!!!

misha_takarai

Post by misha_takarai » Jun 19th, '08, 14:31

The last episode!! :-) :-)
Woo a happy ending!
for a moment thought that someone else would die O__o
that was so good that no
and ogurin eri and that beautiful!
Ruka and Takeru on the beach, great cry
a question?
All that remained was to see the Special will be at the same time?
On Thursday of next week at 10 pm?

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 19th, '08, 14:58

Gah....tonight is the last episode! :w00t: I'm feeling bittersweet.....hard to believe I got so attached to these fictional characters. *sigh*

^Yuuki: So ka? Juri is a big eater and is attracted by food? Lol, she's more like Nodame than I thought!

avieamber: Okay, I'll bite. Who did you want to die instead of you-know-who? :roll

fifimimi wrote:

I know what you mean....it's a bit anti-climatic and too easy for him to die, after all that he did, I thought he should pay for his acts and suffer more. But if Michiru, Ruka or Takeru had killed Sousuke (whether in self-defence or by accident), then there might be repercussions and they'd be haunted by guilt (well, mostly Michiru). How I'd want to see him die? By fire. ...say Sousuke ties everyone up in the sharehouse and sets the house on fire, only to burn to death himself while the others manage to escape...something like that. haha. What I'd hate to see in the final episode is Michiru beating herself up because of Sousuke's suicide. Urgh, I'd gag if somehow Sousuke turns into a poor, misunderstood character just because the writer made him commit suicide.

*Okashi*

Post by *Okashi* » Jun 19th, '08, 15:06

Eh... where did you watch the last episode? I'm dying to watch it... X_x

blammer

Post by blammer » Jun 19th, '08, 15:14

I watched it online, TVU :D

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 19th, '08, 15:17

I read it online lol...my overall view of ep. 10 is phewww!!!!!!! lol 8)

to Okashi - tv japan just finished airing in japan an hour or so ago, I guess we all have to wait for torrent file to be available and I still have to wait for the eng sub to come out too :D

*Okashi*

Post by *Okashi* » Jun 19th, '08, 15:25

blammer wrote:I watched it online, TVU :D
Omfg! I can watch Japanese TV! Thank you!

Well, I'll wait for the torrent now... patiently... or not quite so patiently... XD

misha_takarai

Post by misha_takarai » Jun 19th, '08, 15:32

I also saw what a TVU!
but the moments that signal failure
I saw the following website

http://www.freshverse.com/tv.php
(Here is the only fujitv)

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 19th, '08, 15:38

*Okashi* wrote:Well, I'll wait for the torrent now... patiently... or not quite so patiently... XD
LF torrent usually comes out an hour or 2 after the drama ended. looked of UJF..he's super fast.

*Okashi*

Post by *Okashi* » Jun 19th, '08, 15:46

I get a script error every time I open a channel - the channel loads nevertheless, but it's a bit irritating... anyway, I'm more than happy now! ^^

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 19th, '08, 16:13

^Yuuki wrote: EDIT: LOL@ Hikki's art~ Nice. But no text? Eheh. Blog post:
wow, has Hikaru-chan ever attached to a drama before? i'm not saying that she becomes addicted to this drama (i don't know actually), but i'm very happy to know that she appreciates it, since i like her as a singer very much!! :lol

can't believe that this drama has ended. huhuhu... luckily there's a SP!
can't wait for the torrent.. :D

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 19th, '08, 16:18

sarah117 wrote:
^Yuuki wrote: EDIT: LOL@ Hikki's art~ Nice. But no text? Eheh. Blog post:
wow, has Hikaru-chan ever attached to a drama before? i'm not saying that she becomes addicted to this drama (i don't know actually), but i'm very happy to know that she appreciates it, since i like her as a singer very much!! :lol

can't believe that this drama has ended. huhuhu... luckily there's a SP!
can't wait for the torrent.. :D
I like Hikki as a singer too. She's cool and cute (like a more mature Juri). :thumleft:

Haha, I am really looking forward to the last ep, but also kinda don't want to watch it. Weird huh? :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 19th, '08, 16:24

hanapyupyu wrote:Haha, I am really looking forward to the last ep, but also kinda don't want to watch it. Weird huh? :P
Well you don't have to worry about anymore beatdowns, ne? :thumright:

I hope. :sweat:

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 19th, '08, 16:38

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 19th, '08, 18:39

Did anybody see these before?:

Videos of LF-cast receiving bouquets (remember the entry with the photos on Juri's website?)

Well, jaa neee~
I'll watch episode 11 now (^v^ )v

EDIT: Yes - watched episode 11. I LOVE THE ENDING!
I think the way they "explained" the background and character of Sousuke was okay~

ruka_michiru

Post by ruka_michiru » Jun 19th, '08, 21:05

That's weird, where's everybody? It's kinda quiet here... :nuts: Anyway...
I'm still feeling emotional about how it ends. I'm quite satisfied about the ending, but I feel that it was rushed. Nevertheless, I'm happy for all of them. I'm not into threesome, but I think Ruka-Michiru-Takeru would be great :P
Amazing cast :thumright: :cheers:

aaronlite

Post by aaronlite » Jun 19th, '08, 21:15

I'm waiting for the download to be done, also subs. ;__;

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 19th, '08, 21:40

TokyoJuice~> Thanks for posting those videos... I haven't seen them myself... so arigato gozaimashita ne! (^__^)

Asano Taeko was right -->re: the ending. (I hope that wasn't much of a spoiler for other people here)

I just got a text message from my mom who's doing some business now in Tokyo...she said that she's also watching the last episode of Last Friends. that's kind of cool. I hope she enjoys it as much as she enjoys KimuTaku doramas.

To those who watched the youtube vids that TokyoJuice posted... isn't that a morning show at fujitv? So they gave out major spoilers to LF fans in Japan by showing that scene with the motorcycle and the ____.
Jurippe grew her hair eh? I hope she maintains that look...she's muy CALIENTE in it! hahaha

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 19th, '08, 23:03

thanks for the links!

now i'll just wait patiently for my ep11 to finish. :whistling:

aaronlite

Post by aaronlite » Jun 19th, '08, 23:06

Lol, i'm so tempted to watch it w/o subtitles. I wish I knew japanese. T__T

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 19th, '08, 23:12

here's the jdorama cc translation of ep11 http://jdrama.cc/node/132

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 19th, '08, 23:44

anyone know what the final ratings were??

*Okashi*

Post by *Okashi* » Jun 20th, '08, 00:16

Big sigh... just watched ep11.
I'm relieved that everything turned out alright for the share house members. Though Ogurin's and Eri's sudden wedding was a bit weird... whatever. :roll
Then that scene with Takeru and Ruka at the beach... awww, I just had to cry with Takeru. And don't you think, Ruka was totally beautiful, when she watched Takeru sleeping the next morning? Like her face looked all soft and gentle. <3
That accident was sooo predictable though... and what's with the breaking dishes? Luckily, nothing really happened. *phew*
Yay for happy threesome! XD
Anyway, I enjoyed this episode as well as the whole series, though it was kinda hard to watch sometimes. It's just that this last episode was a bit fast forward...
Looking forward to next week's SP. ^^

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 20th, '08, 00:23

.... Eri and Ogurin's wedding so left field. I dunno, it just seemed like " let's give everyone a happy ending! " ....

DX And I didn't want everyone to have a happy ending.

And was I only person that I kept thinking:

Image ?

I miss Sousuke. :(

KCfan

Post by KCfan » Jun 20th, '08, 00:48

Just finished ep.11 :wink:
Hmm.. I don't know how to feel. I liked that it was a happy ending with Eri and Ogurin's wedding and Ruka-Takeru-Michuru bonding, but I feel like it went by too quickly to enjoy. It just happened.. and then it was over! I think everything happened the best way it could, but the feeling wasn't entirely there... as if it was lacking something..

But oh well.. I can't even explain it! I hope the special episode will be interesting :)
EDIT: Oh.. people have been mentioning Ruka's hair.. and I noticed it too =P I think before, she had this boyish haircut, but now it's like a stylish woman's haircut.
Last edited by KCfan on Jun 20th, '08, 00:59, edited 2 times in total.

emil775

Post by emil775 » Jun 20th, '08, 00:51

Wow! I just started watching this show and it's GREAT! Sorry I'm so behind :( I'm sure most everyone loves it, eh? I really hate the girl's boyfriend (not sure of their names quite yet...), who hit her and all, I hope she leaves! Can't wait to continue this show!

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jun 20th, '08, 01:00

fayenatic wrote:anyone know what the final ratings were??
22.8% 22:00-23:09 CX* 木曜劇場・ラスト・フレンズ(終)

roon

Post by roon » Jun 20th, '08, 01:12

That's pretty funny that I was right about Eri and Ogurin. I didn't think I would be, but... I guess they had to cut Eri some slack somehow.

As much as I adore Takeru, I would've preferred that Ruka go find Michiru alone. I know she wouldn't have gone without him, but eh.

Either way, a bit rushed and surprising (in a "wow this is so cheesy and happy, how is this Last Friends?" way), but it still gave me closure with the fictional characters that have dominated my Thursdays for the past 9 weeks.
And yes, Juri looked even more amazing. Her hair and makeup styling was top notch!

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Jun 20th, '08, 01:24

EXCELLENT RATINGS!! Thanks!! :lol

My ratings for the episode...10/10!!!! All 10 points came from my satisfaction over the TakeRuka bonding scenes!! You can see clearly that Ruka loves Takeru as well and before others argue...Love doesn't not have to mean passion.
Like what Ruka said..they are like a married couple...complete understanding and trust between them...they needn't think of who/what the other is...they are at a level where they are just comfortable with each other...like a complete soul mate/married couple without the sexual relationship.

The ending was very nice and it's probably the best way they could have ended it to satisfy the highest number of people. I think my preferred ending would be that Michiru dies in laboured (sorry this sounds very harsh)...and Ruka and Takeru would end up raising the child...though this wouldn't be realistic as Michiru's mum would have got custody.

Even at the end...I think Michiru seemed the odd one out when the three were together...and strangly enough it seemed like Takeru was the glue between them. He seemed like the gentle one...whereas Ruka's a bit more discreet. I think their roles would be..Ruka as the more strict fatherly figure (wants a kid to learn by falling)...Takeru as the gentle fatherly figure (would prefer to catch the kid with a pillow before the fall) and Michiru being the powerless mum (obeys the fathers..or Ruka, and lets the fathers discipline the kid..haha!!).

I still like TakeRuka more than MichiRuka...but I think Ruka loves Michiru much more...though I think she'd still be able to live happily with just Takeru.

I wonder if the SP will be after the kid has grown a little..like toddler age?? Haha...or, someone mentioned ploppers and behind the scenes stuff which I'm TOTALLY up for watching!! :thumright: :thumleft:

Finally an episode where I'm not cursing "DIE SOUSUKE!" :cussing:
As his's finally dead!!! :cheers:

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 20th, '08, 01:35

Agreed on Juri's look. She looked so beautiful all throughout this ep.

Anyway, spoilers for episode 11:
After watching the first part, I really felt sad - for the first time - for Sosuke. I loved the letter but it can never excuse what he did to Michiru.

And I totally LOVED the ending. I'm glad for all of them. The accident on the bike with the truck was completely random. Think they just threw it in to keep us on the edge of our seats. And when the nurse ran out the delivery room, too. Well, it worked. I was holding my breath through a lot of points in this ep. I'm really happy with the way it ended (yes, just repeated myself, lol) cause' it looked like it was dead set on what seemed a sad ending when we first started watching LF and it was a relief and really lovely to see the three of them, sorry, I mean 4, at the end.

Eri and Ogurin's wedding, didn't really feel rushed to me. It really couldn't have been anyone else's, and there were some people who thought it might have been a Sosuke dream sequence? and since we didn't get that, it could have only been Eri and Ogurins.
And don't you think, Ruka was totally beautiful, when she watched Takeru sleeping the next morning? Like her face looked all soft and gentle. <3
I was more or less giggling at her bed head then. xD

Special!: Behind the scenes, bloopers would kind of disappoint me to be honest. I want to see Rumi grown up. (even if it's just a bit)
Congrats LF on the ratings, too!

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 20th, '08, 01:37

nah i totally agree that Ruka and Takeru's relationship goes beyond that of lovers. :]

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jun 20th, '08, 01:54

Just saw it!
Okay, was I the only one who almost had a heart attack when the camera showed us the truck coming their way??
Okay, maybe I was being paranoid because I was expecting another death, haha. I still can't believe Sousuke just went like that~
Anyway, a tear or two fell when Ruka didn't respond after the accident, LOL

And am I the only one also thinking that Juri's hair looked so totally rocking in the first episodes? Or so says the girl with the mohawk..... :roll

Michiru giving birth... never been partial to Masami's acting scenes and I kept rolling my eyes when a contraction began. LOL Did anyone else think the hospital baby looked so cute??? :wub: the baby was totally adorable, and when they all carried her. Totally cuteness.

Loved the ending, hahaha. I just kept laughing thinking many of you might be so happy and thrilled!!

Oh, and Eri and Ogurin?? Lol, I totally called that one out, although I still think that the father of the bride walks her down the aisle in ceremonies, so Ogurin walking Eri was totally weird to me.

And after the motocross conference! Did anyone loved the scene between Ruka and Eri? LOL, I was cheering for Eri to crush her in a hug~~~

Sans subs, that's all I understood, so now I will read the translation~~~

So ep12 will be the last and broadcast next week?

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 20th, '08, 02:11

Anyone know where I can get it besides BitTorrent yet? That's not working for me at all.