but yeah i agree he's very hot ...
lol. but he's supposed to look like a robot, so that's a good thing, right? XD

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Mar 29th, '08, 04:56

uwahh...thanks for posting the pic of Night meoinkie2

*hides from his intense stare :sweat:

Trisix

Post by Trisix » Mar 29th, '08, 05:44

I am so looking forward to this series. Friend told me there's this dorama series coming up and I went to read the manga, cried my heart out. Because I didn't expect a manga to make me cry. I hope the series will either be better or around the same as the manga. A LOT OF KISSING~ Nyahahaha.

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Mar 30th, '08, 03:38

I just read the manga, lol. This series should be very entertaining and I think Hayami Mokomichi is a great person to be Night. I'm looking forward to the first episode.

Kurai yoru

Post by Kurai yoru » Mar 30th, '08, 18:08

I'm sorry if I reapet the question but I didin't have time to read all comments
my question is : If somebody is going to sub this drama?

I really love the manga I'm so happy that Hayami have the main role ^__^ he is a perfect Night : )

Elien

Post by Elien » Mar 30th, '08, 18:29

SARS took this as they main project for spring season

ube

Post by ube » Mar 30th, '08, 18:33

You could also check the Jdrama Fansub Map for Spring 2008 if you wanna know who/what group will be subbing which drama for next season. :-)

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Mar 31st, '08, 00:59

WHEEEEE.... next weekend if i'm right!!!!! need to make a drama to keep up to date

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Mar 31st, '08, 01:04

NanaTorigawa wrote:WHEEEEE.... next weekend if i'm right!!!!! need to make a drama to keep up to date
According to the official site:
http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/ZK/index.html

It'll air on the 15th, about 3 more weeks :P

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Mar 31st, '08, 01:39

yah i knwo.. i realized thta...O__O.... so nothign next week for me... and i'm goignt o be bored... and alo.... i have liek 4 things to watch the next week...

Kurai yoru

Post by Kurai yoru » Mar 31st, '08, 16:36

Elien wrote:SARS took this as they main project for spring season
thanks for the answer ^_^ it's good that it is the main project : )

I saw the map after I saw your answers ^.^''

miiloverx2

Post by miiloverx2 » Apr 1st, '08, 15:02

ahhh anything mokomichi is to die for HAHA
i am SOO looking forward to this drama..
i truly enjoyed the manga - even though the ending......... :/

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Apr 1st, '08, 15:20

i'm not sure if you visit the official website but there a few interesting nice pics of Aibu, Hiro and Mokomichi :mrgreen: I have to tell Hiro looks great in a costume :w00t: and woooow Mokomichi is really a robot :mrgreen:
Last edited by Alecsa-chan on Apr 1st, '08, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Apr 1st, '08, 15:22

^^thanks for posting those pictures! Wow, they made Night look very robotic like, love it! And Hiro looks good in the suit. Can't wait until this comes out!

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 1st, '08, 15:23

kyaaaaaaaaa
Hiro/Hayami kakkoiiiiiiiiiiiii<3
Aibu is sooo lucky 2 be pair with 2 hotties

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Apr 1st, '08, 15:25

Yes whoever photoshopped Mokomichi did a great job! One more pic of the 3 of them added!

Beecubed

Post by Beecubed » Apr 2nd, '08, 02:48

This is the one drama that I'm SOO looking forward to next season...
Hayami Mocomichi is just insanely DELISH. So gorgeous, manly (and tall!) for a Japanese guy.
And Hiro... my god what a spunk.
Two mega hotties in the one package, plus great storyline. I'm sure it will be delightful!

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Apr 2nd, '08, 03:21

hhaha... this makes me have 3 full out dramas to watch.. i should really look at the thread for the oen wiht Yamamoto and Kimura in it... hahahha....

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Apr 2nd, '08, 11:02

Yuu Watase is my favourite mangaka, so I'm really looking forward to this! I hope it's great. :)

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Apr 3rd, '08, 10:48

OMG. I'm sooo happy! I love this manga. Can't wait for this drama XD XD XD kyaaa... Now I'll be freaking all day since I know about it XD XD XD

shuurei

Post by shuurei » Apr 3rd, '08, 11:57

Wah! Mokomichi is perfect for the part! He's tall, he's handsome, he's got a great bod...Can't wait for this drama!

SnowyDreams

Post by SnowyDreams » Apr 3rd, '08, 15:11

*Excited* *Squeal!!!!!!*

I can't wait for this drama!! I loved the manga. I really hope that the drama will do the manga justice.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Apr 4th, '08, 04:52

hum..... like... hum 11-12 more days.. to lazy... hahaha... so about week and 5days....

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Apr 4th, '08, 11:51

Guuuuys the CM for Zettai Kareshi is finally OUT !!!

I want to see it even more now coz it looks funny! Like the manga was! :mrgreen:

fleng

Post by fleng » Apr 4th, '08, 17:48

I love Aibu from Utahime, definitely gonna see this :D ~ she so funny and pretty cute. Love her voice.

xmiyax
Fansubber
Fansubber

English subtitle

Post by xmiyax » Apr 10th, '08, 14:14

SOS team Dropped this series
only SARS team will sub it

this new to me

setokoji

Zettai Kareshi

Post by setokoji » Apr 12th, '08, 22:18

Are there anyone who's uploading Zettai Kareshi? Its suppoesed to be aired on April 8th. And pls pls pls any team fansub pls subbed this, i'm sure 100% there's ton of fans want it to be subbed. PLSSS can anyone tell me?

silverayne

Post by silverayne » Apr 12th, '08, 22:24

The first episode is going to air on April 15th and so far only sars fansubs is subbing. There is a trailer at the site http://www.sars-fansubs.com/index.php

karimuntet

Post by karimuntet » Apr 12th, '08, 22:25

According to http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Zettai_Kareshi it will be air on 15th april. And also SARS will sub this drama. And last note, D-addicts already have thread for this drama discussion. Please check it out, before you post unnecessary things :D

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Apr 12th, '08, 22:25

nope.it was bumped to 15th

setokoji

Post by setokoji » Apr 12th, '08, 22:28

Oh I see..I didn't found the thread,s o i made one XD Thanks for the info! 15th..Then I'll have to suffer another week huh..

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Apr 12th, '08, 22:37

You can check here to see any threads you like to see if its already been created:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_30768.htm

I never knew that it had previously said it was aired on the 8th. :)

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Apr 13th, '08, 00:11

Here's an interview I found with Hayami Mokomichi about Zettai Kareshi. :wub: Of course I don't understand a thing... XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItCLE4nyYBA

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Apr 13th, '08, 18:46

thanx for this CM and interview links (I also don't understand a thing :P ).
But it was so funny! I can't wait!!!!! TWO more days !!!! YAY! :cheers: :cheers:
Waaa I'm so freaking excited!!! XD XD XD

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Apr 13th, '08, 19:11

I really hope this follows the manga (which I finished just yesterday lol), but from the CM, it looks like it veers of because:
1. Riiko says that she'll never accept him as her boyfriend.
2. She is being asked out by someone.
3. She looks like she hates Night at first, mainly inferring from her "don't touch me!" line.
4. Soushi looks rather pompous :(

And these aren't in the manga. I hope they don't follow the latest trend of manga-to-drama adaptation wherein the drama just holds the name of the manga and has the same characters, but the content is almost completely different from the original. OH I HOPE NOT. :(

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Apr 13th, '08, 19:27

lunargen wrote:I really hope this follows the manga (which I finished just yesterday lol), but from the CM, it looks like it veers of because:
3. She looks like she hates Night at first, mainly inferring from her "don't touch me!" line.

And these aren't in the manga. I hope they don't follow the latest trend of manga-to-drama adaptation wherein the drama just holds the name of the manga and has the same characters, but the content is almost completely different from the original. OH I HOPE NOT. :(
I also thought of the same thing. I mean its already not in a high school enviroment. I guess I'll put in a spoiler cut too just in case... :)
I think Riiko was like that in the manga too was she not (not hating Night, but telling him not to touch her)? Unless I misinterpreted that... Soushi should be wearing glasses and not saying "Leave the women to me!" DX He doesn't look like he's the sweet type as well in the drama.

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Apr 13th, '08, 20:01

Thanks for posting the CM and interview! Night is pretty cute, I've never seen him before.
lunargen wrote:I really hope this follows the manga (which I finished just yesterday lol), but from the CM, it looks like it veers of because:

Ah, I had the same thoughts as well:
Especially for Soushi's character, Hiro looked like the "playboy" type, and I thought his clothes were a little slick too. Hmm...I'm hoping that it's just 30 seconds worth of clips and he won't be like that throughout the entire drama. But it would be odd if Soushi's character was different.

And in terms of manga to drama adaptations, I think as long as they keep the integrity of the characters and the overall feeling of the manga I think it'll be okay. Take the case of Hana Kimi. I thought the characters were pretty well done, and the overall feeling of the school atmosphere was great, so I overlooked the plot changes. I still enjoyed it, an I'm a big fan of the manga.

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Apr 14th, '08, 19:42

I love Watase works so much, and Zettai Kareshi is so kawai !!! I'm so excited to know the wonderful news ! Can't wait for watching it ! XD

Kaitoz

Post by Kaitoz » Apr 14th, '08, 20:25

Nah, Hiro is a good actor, I think he'll manage to stay in character

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Apr 14th, '08, 20:35

Here's my take...
1. In the beginning, from what I remember Riiko is sorta grossed out by the fact that she ordered Night. This could be why.
2. The guy that asks Riiko out is probably the guy she had a crush on. Although in the manga, Riiko was the one who approached him first. I'm guessing the guy is asking her out because of some evil revenge thing on Riiko's best friend? In the manga, Riiko's best friend does date all the guys that Riiko likes.
3. Night does do some things that pisses Riiko off, so that line could've been from one of the incidents. Remember he joined a host club to earn money?
4. Soushi is rather cold and stern in the beginning of the manga, so perhaps they are playing off of that. :)

lifa

Post by lifa » Apr 15th, '08, 01:34

That's what I love about not watching dramas for a long time...you come back to see all this good news!!! I'm really excited about this! I bought the last Japanese manga in the series and re-"read" the ending over and over again even though I don't know Japanese lol.

Not sure if this is a spoiler but just in cases...
The ending brings tears to my eyes every time!!!!!!!! So if the drama captures this perfectly...I'll be balling my eyes out. For some odd reason I can see it as being cheesy irl though...we'll see!

xmiyax
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xmiyax » Apr 15th, '08, 01:55

Zettai Kareshi cast on Fuji TV today
Talking about the Drama

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Apr 15th, '08, 02:30

Actually I think this is one of the manga that I wouldn't mind if they changed it up a bit. I like the manga story a lot, but I feel that can make the plot more interesting. If you think bout it, its just a hot boy and a childhood friend, plus a evil best friend and robot 1 2 3 4 then thats bout it for the characters.

I dunno I haven't watched it yet, but I look forward to watching this.

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Apr 15th, '08, 13:18

Someone watched it ? I know that 01 ep was aired already 'coz my friend told me that she watched it on keyhole tv. And I wasn't home then to watch it too! :cry: :cry:

taeluv

looking forward to the next :D

Post by taeluv » Apr 15th, '08, 13:25

I read the first couple of books in the manga a while back and when I found out there was going to be a drama I was so excited, especially after seeing the male leads :wub: So far I really like it! Can't wait for episode 2 :D Anyone else?

xmiyax
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xmiyax » Apr 15th, '08, 13:32

I watched the first episode it was good :-)

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Apr 15th, '08, 13:46

I also watched the first episode! Hmm to be honest the first like 30-40 minutes bored me a bit but the ending scene made my heart toki toki :mrgreen:

All i can say is that i love Mokomichi's acting as Naito !! And i can already feel sorry for Soshi :pale: Hiro acts super funny and sweet in the beginning before realizing he has feelings for Riiko.

This is hard because i want Riiko to end up with both of them :w00t: I just can't choose.

As for Aibu Saki. I have only seen her in Attention Please till now. In my opinion her acting is the same. The cute, funny, baka-ish girl :mrgreen:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Apr 15th, '08, 19:28

Streaming links ^__^

http://fourlc.com/channel1/5/08fh/20080415_579.html
http://fourlc.com/channel1/5/08fh/20080415_580.html

I root for Soshi ,well not only because it's Hiro, but the character itself.. Naito is just too perfect..

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Apr 15th, '08, 20:56

Nomanymore wrote:Streaming links ^__^

http://fourlc.com/channel1/5/08fh/20080415_579.html
http://fourlc.com/channel1/5/08fh/20080415_580.html

I root for Soshi ,well not only because it's Hiro, but the character itself.. Naito is just too perfect..
thanks for the links!

Elien

Post by Elien » Apr 15th, '08, 21:03

Thank you so much for the links! I didnt watch the whole thing, skipped few parts but it´s amazing :lol I really dont mind the differences from manga cause Hiro is just to adorable :wub:

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Apr 15th, '08, 22:02

Thanks for the links Nomanymore! (I was so excited I posted them on my blog...^^U)

Kyaaa!!! naito rabu rabu! I liked it a lot! (with subs it will be better... lol)
Soshi was so cute eating those pastries at the end.
Ooooo... the evil friend...
But naito melts my heart... even though he's a robot. I blame my attraction to sci-fi for that.
The ending song/credits vid...
makes me think riika's gonna end (just like in the manga) with soshi though
Ahhhh!!!!

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Apr 16th, '08, 10:24

I wasn't really paying attention to the ending scenes because i was mezmerized by Ayaka's voice :wub:

But i agree that with subs it will be better.

The first episode rating was 13.1%. To be honest i was expecting this.

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Apr 16th, '08, 16:00

First episode looks great. Hopefully it will getting better. I love all casts but honestly I don't know why the actress must be Aibu Saki...

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 17th, '08, 14:14

Just finished downloading first episode, love it! =D
It'll be better with subs though.
haruna_hamasaki wrote:First episode looks great. Hopefully it will getting better. I love all casts but honestly I don't know why the actress must be Aibu Saki...
Kind of agree with that. Not too big on her and I've always seen her play supporting roles, pretty weird to see her as main lead.
I've never read it's manga, but I do know that I'm voting for Soushi. Because, I'm pretty biased towards Hiro for a start. And I'd rather her end up with a human too.
Night is sweet, and the perfect boyfriend type - because he was programmed like that I guess, but he's pretty predictable.

Anywho, just my take on it, I look forward to the Soushi/Riko moments.
And that goddamn two faced friend of hers, I've decided I will not like her.
So glad to see Maya Miki in this. I really love her as an actress!

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Apr 17th, '08, 18:40

Finnally I watched first ep!!! I'm sooo happy :lol
I didn't understand much but who cares XD
Must say that they didn't left much from the original plot... But still love it. And that guy who plays Night... Hayami Mokomichi-san... (thanx drama wiki XD ) He is so funny. He is really good as a robot. I can't wait for next episode.
But why do they had to change almost everything? Can't understand that. :scratch:
Maa... Maybe it won't be that bad.. I will pretend that I didn't read manga XD

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Apr 19th, '08, 05:05

Er.. Dunno if this is considered spoilers, but I'll put it in the tags anyway...
I thought Night was too robotic. I remember at the beginning of the manga he actually smiled brightly and had a cute smirk whenever he suggested something H. But Hayami Mokomichi's Night was really too stiff (and he's a bit too tanned).. I felt no charm and enthusiasm the Night in the manga had...

Soushi (I thought his name was Souji for some reason O.o) is a playboy..?? And I was totally expecting Hiro to play another really cool character!! T___T;;.

So far from episode one, I only like Aibu Saki. I've only seen her in Attention Please. Anyway, I think her version of Riiko is actually not that bad... I hope she brings out the charm in Riiko more as the series plays out.
[/spoiler]

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Apr 20th, '08, 08:14

<3s-tei. wrote:Er.. Dunno if this is considered spoilers, but I'll put it in the tags anyway...
I thought Night was too robotic. I remember at the beginning of the manga he actually smiled brightly and had a cute smirk whenever he suggested something H. But Hayami Mokomichi's Night was really too stiff (and he's a bit too tanned).. I felt no charm and enthusiasm the Night in the manga had...

Soushi (I thought his name was Souji for some reason O.o) is a playboy..?? And I was totally expecting Hiro to play another really cool character!! T___T;;.

So far from episode one, I only like Aibu Saki. I've only seen her in Attention Please. Anyway, I think her version of Riiko is actually not that bad... I hope she brings out the charm in Riiko more as the series plays out.
[/spoiler]
Actually Mokomichi is pretty tan himself, so it's not like they're making him look tan, he just is. I do agree he was too stiff, too robotic like. The manga made him look more natural.

Soushi...hmmm....I kinda feel like his character seems a bit off compared to the manga.

Rika...eck sorry I just don't really like the actress playing her. It just doesn't seem to fit everytime I saw her it's like Rika? I don't know, that's just me though.

The story line so far...eh....I don't know, it's ok I guess. I'm a huge fan of Watase-san's work and this is the first one I've seen that's made into a live drama instead of an anime...I guess I'll have to wait and see, it's the first episode after all.

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Apr 20th, '08, 19:55

Aibu Saki is really an average actress, but I think she is doing find so far. She actually kinda fit Riko's image. Not extremely outstanding looking, kinda cute and innocent. She did a lot of supporting role, but recent she played girl lead in Utahime. She did REALLY well in the drama and great chemistry with Tomoya Nagase, everyone should totally should check it out.

So far I am happy with all the changes they made. The manga is a little bit lacking for a drama.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Apr 20th, '08, 20:45

I just watch the first episode and well, I can't really say much but Soushi is not supposed to be a player!!! And Mokomichi playing as Night is probably planned because he's the only one who can play a robot (true his acting is really too stiff, no range of emotions whatsoever :lol but heck his smile is still cute)

As for Riiko, I've seen Aibu Saki from Attention Please (hated her annoying character actually) and Karei Naru Ichizoku (sister to KimuTaku) and well she's an ok actress and since Riiko also annoyed me in the manga, I guess Saki-chan fits the mark.

Ahh, its just hard to compare the manga with the drama because of all the changes. I mean come on, they are supposed to be in high school, not an office environment. Guess I'll have to treat this drama as something totally new and not compare it with the manga. If it's like that, I'm liking Zettai Kareshi Live Action version so far. :roll

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Apr 21st, '08, 03:11

I was finally able to watch episode 1 tonight. It was a bit different from what I expected...probably because of the changes from the manga. ^^;;
Soshi isn't Riko's next-door neighborhood and childhood friend.....in fact he doesn't even know her. The setting doesn't take place at school but instead in a workplace. Maybe to suit the "ecchi" part of the drama more?

more changes but I don't really want to spoil the drama for those who've never read the manga
but all in all, I was quite surprised to see Hiro suited for his role as Soshi. In the beginning I had my doubts because I saw him more fit to take on the role of "Night" instead.

Either way, the eye candy here is pretty high. Both Hiro and Mokomichi are as hot as ever~ :wub:

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Apr 21st, '08, 09:31

Thanks for the links. Much love! :mrgreen:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Apr 21st, '08, 10:23

i have watched it!!! and i highly recommend this Jdrama for everyone!!!! its so funny to see the main cast act like that and to think that some of the hana kimi actors are in it gives me a sense of nostalgia... :D
Alecsa-chan wrote:I read the manga 2 years ago and i wanted it to be turned into an anime so bad! But they're now making a drama instead :w00t:

To be honest i think that *don't read this if you haven't read the manga ! *
they'll make Soji (Hiro) ending up with Riiko in the drama version. Or at least i hope so because i like Hiro better <3 But then i cried my heart out because Naito died in the manga T_T
But what do you think about Aibu Saki as Riiko?
kyaaaa...!!! so that's what really happens as for the ending?
she will be ending up with soji then?

i haven't really read the manga. so i have no clue. but i would REALLY want to know whom she ends up with so i could have a mind set to whom i should like. lolz...
this is the first time i've heard of this manga and drama. so far as i looked into the manga concept it has a very different plot from this LiveAction.

mokomichi's eyes and profile reminds me of a student i had this year. not a good sign, coz i hated that student!!! :blink but still... mokomichi looks good, and i love hiro's character here rather than the one in the manga. (sorry for those who had loved it) this is just my opinion.

Rori wrote:Just finished downloading first episode, love it! =D
It'll be better with subs though.
haruna_hamasaki wrote:First episode looks great. Hopefully it will getting better. I love all casts but honestly I don't know why the actress must be Aibu Saki...
Kind of agree with that. Not too big on her and I've always seen her play supporting roles, pretty weird to see her as main lead.
I've never read it's manga, but I do know that I'm voting for Soushi. Because, I'm pretty biased towards Hiro for a start. And I'd rather her end up with a human too.
Night is sweet, and the perfect boyfriend type - because he was programmed like that I guess, but he's pretty predictable.

Anywho, just my take on it, I look forward to the Soushi/Riko moments.
And that goddamn two faced friend of hers, I've decided I will not like her.
So glad to see Maya Miki in this. I really love her as an actress!

i would agree with Rori that i'm voting for Hiro. if this was a fairy tale and they're going to make mokomichi a real man in the end i might have voted for him instead since for sure they're going to make the perfect chemistry for the Knight and Riko.

aibu saki's hairstyle here reminds me of nodame's hair cut. lolz... it's pretty weird looking at her since i get to think she's nodame sometimes even though they don't have any profile similarities at all. just the hair. :scratch: and shouldn't she have a longer hair than that? i looked into the manga and her hair is shoulder length and not short like that. (was she wearing a wig?)

anyways im also happy to see her get a chance to have a lead role this time. hopefully she does good and with Hiro in it??? Im so going to get hooked!

Tsuyunoinochi Koukyo

Post by Tsuyunoinochi Koukyo » Apr 21st, '08, 21:16

So, I found out about this dorama adaption a little later than everyone else (perhaps on the fifteenth or so), and I remember thinking 'wow! A dorama!'. But I was also very worried about it, since Absolute Boyfriend has such a difficult storyline to pull off.

I can say now that I am a very big fan of the manga, and I've read the entire thing at least more than twice. I'm not one of those hard-core manga fans who insists on having the drama fit perfectly to the manga, but I was willing to let that all slide if the show was good enough.

Of course, by the fifteenth, the casting had been revealed.

I must say, I've only ever seen Mizushima Hiro in action, as opposed to the other two, never having heard of Aibu Saki, and only seeing a few scanned pictures of Hayami Mokomichi. I, unlike the majority of this thread, cannot possibly see Hiro as Night--he's simply too... how do I say, peppy? At least, that was my impression from Hanazakari no Kimitachi e. I also don't like him as Soshi, although I do think he fits the general character he has been turned into. However, I get ahead of myself.

Hayami Mokomichi, though not my first choice, does turn out for a great Night. However, having read the first manga book at least five or six, I would have assumed this drama character would have been more, how do you say, interesting? Night was entirely too robotic, his facial expressions ranging from a blank stare to a slight smile to a frown to a look of feigned confusion. I understand he's supposed to be a robot, but couldn't he range his emotions a bit more?? I hate that he's so lacking. Also, he was so enthusiastic in the manga, smiling at each mention of sex and actually making attempts at it--not suggesting it in a monotone voice, with the blandest facial expression. Emotion, please?

Also, Gaku Namikiri's character disappointed me to no end. He's not a giant part of the story, but I was expecting a younger, hotter, cosplay-wearing guy with a funky, pushy personality, and I got a strange old man in boring clothes. Also, isn't Gaku's boss supposed to be a young, young child? He looks to me to be an old man. T_T

There are a few other problems I had, mostly with the storyline, and a few other character things. However, I don't have the time to delve into it all and anyway, most of it would be spoilers. I end my rant with a wish for the original ending, for such a thing is where I hold my faith.

I want Riiko to end up with Night. I don't like Soshi. T_T

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 21st, '08, 21:58

Tsuyunoinochi Koukyo wrote: Hayami Mokomichi, though not my first choice, does turn out for a great Night. However, having read the first manga book at least five or six, I would have assumed this drama character would have been more, how do you say, interesting? Night was entirely too robotic, his facial expressions ranging from a blank stare to a slight smile to a frown to a look of feigned confusion. I understand he's supposed to be a robot, but couldn't he range his emotions a bit more?? I hate that he's so lacking. Also, he was so enthusiastic in the manga, smiling at each mention of sex and actually making attempts at it--not suggesting it in a monotone voice, with the blandest facial expression. Emotion, please?
I haven't read the manga but I thought the actor for Knight was okay? Since he's a robot he's stoic. But I guess if the manga had him more lively, maybe the actor could have done a better job. I laughed every time he suggested having sex LOL I think it would be funnier though if like you said he did make attempts at it ^^; Crazy robot ^^

fleng

Post by fleng » Apr 22nd, '08, 06:47

lol 2 Kamen riders playing the male interest, 2 Hana Kimi Ikemen in it with the awesomely adorable Suzu aibu.

Dorama is pure win.

"Do you want to have sex together?"

lol!

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Apr 22nd, '08, 07:00

I have to admit, I like the change in Soshi to a player. I think it adds more tension. No way would Riko go for a guy like that! But he's going to change and she's going to change - the differences and the misunderstandings will make for good tv. Better than the "the perfect guy who was there all the time" kind of guy he was in the manga.

mrsmilevskyi2001

Post by mrsmilevskyi2001 » Apr 22nd, '08, 10:00

speaking as someone who never read the manga, i think the first episode was awesome! moko and hiro together in a dorama is LURVE! bring back the memory of Gokusen 2 a little bit while watching Hiro and the other guy Riiko liked remind me of Hana Kimi :mrgreen: definitely my favorite dorama of the season!
saki aibu was not bad too. i think i started to like her better

anego

Post by anego » Apr 22nd, '08, 10:23

fleng wrote:lol 2 Kamen riders playing the male interest, 2 Hana Kimi Ikemen in it with the awesomely adorable Suzu aibu.

Dorama is pure win.

lol!
Huh? What do you mean, when you say 2 Kamen Riders? Hayami is not a KR...nor he ever acted in Hana Kimi :glare: Correct me, if I'm wrong, but ...

Anyway, the catchfrase of Night is really really funny ...too bad, they changed Soushi's character that much, but yeah ..whatever... Hiro is always the best ... :whistling:

mrsmilevskyi2001

Post by mrsmilevskyi2001 » Apr 22nd, '08, 10:40

anego wrote:
fleng wrote:lol 2 Kamen riders playing the male interest, 2 Hana Kimi Ikemen in it with the awesomely adorable Suzu aibu.

Dorama is pure win.

lol!
Huh? What do you mean, when you say 2 Kamen Riders? Hayami is not a KR...nor he ever acted in Hana Kimi :glare: Correct me, if I'm wrong, but ...

Anyway, the catchfrase of Night is really really funny ...too bad, they changed Soushi's character that much, but yeah ..whatever... Hiro is always the best ... :whistling:
i think he meant Ishikezu (is that his name?) the mean guy who Riiko liked at first. he played the dorm 3 leader in HK and also used to be a kamen rider

maybelove

Post by maybelove » Apr 22nd, '08, 11:12

Looking forward to watch this show! :party:
Been reading the synopsis of it, sounds really interesting. I didnt know it was based on a manga.

wuff

Post by wuff » Apr 22nd, '08, 11:26

Alecsa-chan wrote:I also watched the first episode! Hmm to be honest the first like 30-40 minutes bored me a bit but the ending scene made my heart toki toki :mrgreen:

All i can say is that i love Mokomichi's acting as Naito !! And i can already feel sorry for Soshi :pale: Hiro acts super funny and sweet in the beginning before realizing he has feelings for Riiko.

This is hard because i want Riiko to end up with both of them :w00t: I just can't choose.

I absolutely agree with You!!! You shared my thoughts, so I haven't got anything else to say... :mrgreen:

anego

Post by anego » Apr 22nd, '08, 11:38

mrsmilevskyi2001 wrote: i think he meant Ishikezu (is that his name?) the mean guy who Riiko liked at first. he played the dorm 3 leader in HK and also used to be a kamen rider
Aaah so, you mean Nobuo Kyo...yes, I remembered..but he isn't really a Kamen Rider, imho :roll He was in a first or a second episodes of Kamen Rider Kiva, but as a guest, not a real Kamen Rider...anyway...thx for reminded me ^-^
Last edited by anego on Apr 22nd, '08, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.

karimuntet

Post by karimuntet » Apr 22nd, '08, 12:14

Dorama is pure win.

lol!
By mentioning 2 kamen rider did fleng mean, Mizushima Hiro and Hayami Mocomichi?? Hiro, of course like everybody know, he was the KR Kabuto. And I saw Mocomichi's filmography, he was in Kamen Rider Faiz (555): Paradise Lost (2003). Well I'm not quite sure bout this, since I'm not fan of toku.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Apr 22nd, '08, 15:22

Part 1 on streaming:
http://fourlc.com/channel1/5/08fh/20080422_641.html

Part 2's still uploading... i think. Not so sure since I can't read Chinese lol

ianthe_ona777

Post by ianthe_ona777 » Apr 22nd, '08, 15:28

i read the manga too. its so cute and funny! im downloading the 1st episode now. i hope its good. i have high expectations for this dorama. hehehe! :D