[Discussion] Zettai Kareshi / Absolute Boyfriend

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Apr 22nd, '08, 15:29

I just saw the first episode and all I can say is that Night looks really... robotic. :)

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Apr 22nd, '08, 15:50

airskape

Post by airskape » Apr 22nd, '08, 16:30

aibu saki is so cute in this!
ep 1 was nice and refreshing to watch. the ayaka song at the end is so good!

fleng

Post by fleng » Apr 22nd, '08, 17:15

Yeah I meant Night and Soshi, both are from Kamen Rider movies. :\

RAIIIDAAA KICKU!

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 23rd, '08, 00:16

I'm going to get hooked on this series, I know it. It's so great.

episode 2 spoilers:
Knight was really sweet in episode 2. Perfect boyfriend indeed, but I'm still voting for Soshi.
Sure, Soshi is a playboy but he has his sweet moments. Like willing to lend Riko the money, wanting her to bake him the creampuffs, and if he's going to fall for her, this alone is worth watching. Knight rings 'robot' every time I think about it.

lol@ Riko's friend (mika, is her name?) in the episode 3 preview, when she kissed Knight.
there's no way she's going to beat Riko when it comes to Knight. He's programmed for Riko, after all :lol

karimuntet

Post by karimuntet » Apr 23rd, '08, 00:35

Hmm,,people keep saying that Soshi's a player or playboy. But Mizushima himself describe Soshi as obocchan .
http://unleashthegeek.blogspot.com/2008 ... ecial.html
According to unleashthegeek (big credit to her, i'm a fan of her blog :D), o-bocchan means inexperienced young man from a well-to-do family.
I like to see Hiro being playboy. It was interesting, just like I saw him in Hanakimi :D But I dunno, I can't see Soshi as playboy. Hmmm maybe I missed something :lol

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 23rd, '08, 00:41

He seems to be both to be honest. I have never read the manga but thats what he's coming across as.
And yeah, being a playboy isn't a bad thing, but he definitely isn't a 'Knight' xD

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Apr 23rd, '08, 02:12

Rori wrote:
Kind of agree with that. Not too big on her and I've always seen her play supporting roles, pretty weird to see her as main lead.
She seemed to really start climbing the rungs towards playing leads last year. She was good as Nagase's costar in Utahime last fall, so I'm not surprised by her being cast as the lead here.

I've read parts of the manga in Shoujo Beat from time to time. I liked Night very much, but I generally rooted for Soushi.

Changing Riiko to a woman in her twenties was fine by me and could allow for some great developments, but I do feel that the character's personality wasn't matured enough to match the new age and setting. Instead, she seems less mature than manga Riiko during the same story arc.
Okay, seriously... you have a hot naked guy wandering around your apartment, but you don't notice that he can be hot until the next day when you dress him in a hoodie and jeans? WTF?! Riiko's sex drive is obviously missing in action, although manga Riiko certainly had one. Since Riiko not only picked out his face, but also looked at him and kissed him to start him up... how stupid did they make her to not even recognize him once she arrived home? Also, the stuff about making him sleep in the park or bathroom and her being so harsh to Night in front of Ishizeki didn't play well, and made her look very selfish. The first episode was really whitewashed for the sexual implications, and sadly the worst of the bad rewrites hit Riiko making her more prude than pure.

Thankfully, Aibu Saki was able to turn up the cute and vulnerable side so that I finally started to bond with Riiko's character by the end of the episode. The part where she took the blame for Ishizeki's mistake was good. And I liked her scene on the bridge with Night at the end. She plays really well off Hiro too, so those scenes were really enjoyable as well.

Night is sexy looking, but I kinda miss his warm, human personality from the start in the manga. I'm willing to go with this and see what they do with their take though. I loved how he rushed across town for the sweets to save her job, despite getting so injured in the process. It was very endearing and an improvement on the manga in that case. Also, I liked his confrontation with Ishizeki. So far Night is good, but hopefully he'll get less robotic in the next episode or two.

Soushi benefitted from the changes, imo. While he's a great guy in the manga, the playboy angle sets up a much better reason for Riiko to not be interested in him initially here. The flaws they wrote into the his character make him more interesting, and his personality is already the most complex of the three. Totally enjoyed how he wanted to confront Ishizeki, and it was really sweet to see him eating the cream puffs.

I think a company full of Ikemen and young kids works better in manga than in live action, so I agree with that change. Ishizeki had some very good scenes and a couple of lines that sounded ridiculous. I've never met a person in my life that hated food on the basis of it being homemade. LOL

Mika is a wonderfully nasty piece of work so far.
As much as I might have points that I complain about for the first episode, I really did enjoy it. And I'm planning to stick with this one for the whole season.

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Apr 23rd, '08, 02:25

watched the first episode and i liked it! i wasnt too sure about the girl at first but then she grew on me. i know im going to love this drama!

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Apr 23rd, '08, 12:51

ryoko11, excellent review. I agree with everything you said.
Riko came across as very immature, but I have to wonder if this is a bit of Aibu Saki coming through. The only other role I have seen her in was Utahime, and she came across as immature there as well. I didn't mind it so much in Utahime, but here it seems a little too much. Hopefully Riko will grow up a bit by the season's end. I guess she does have a good excuse to be unsophisticated when it comes to men, I see how they could set it up like so.

I agree with your opinions on Soushi too. I rooted for him in the manga as well, as much as I like Knight. Same here in the drama, I think his change in character is awesome, makes for a bit more tension between the characters, and I think it will be fun watching Soushi grow into a "better" person.

As for Knight, I liked his role as "robotic" in this episode. I would also, however, like him to perhaps "learn" how to act more human. That would be interesting.
Overall I thought the episode was sweet, nothing too special, but something I will enjoy.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 23rd, '08, 13:08

i just saw the first ep last night and i have to say is good enough to watch till the end.
reading the manga, i loved night (ok, i know that it's a robot, but he was so sweet through out the story)
soshi was the second person but last night i instantly liked soshi. the changes suited him so much. well, my only reason of watching this drama to see how hiro will do in this and i have to say, i am loving his character so much.
as for riiko, i really want her to grow out of this immature role that saw it during utahime. otherwise, she is cute enough to pull this role . i liked her much more than suzu in utahime.

and i know it's only me, but i still can't see hayami as hot as night in manga. i thought he was much cooler in rondo. but his robotic smile was perfect. :lol

pandan

Post by pandan » Apr 23rd, '08, 14:44

I am so glad that this has finally been put to life (though I originally hoped it would be an anime). And even though I was initially upset at the colossal differences between the dorama and the anime, I think I'm going to like this a whole lot.
Whoever mentioned Hayami's stiff acting, I hope it's only because he starts as a robot, and learns emotions, expressions, etc. as he lives with Riiko. If his acting softens as the episodes progress, I'd definitely see Night as less than an "electrical appliance", and more as a catalyst to teaching Riiko about love.
But I think I'm actually rooting for Soshi in this version! He's a lot cooler now, lol. XD

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Apr 24th, '08, 00:02

All I can say is.. GOOD GOD Hiro in a suit is... :wub:

xento

Post by xento » Apr 24th, '08, 00:41

Rori wrote:
Riiko's sex drive is obviously missing in action, although manga Riiko certainly had one.
That had me confused too but it was sort of explained in the second episode by Gaku. Riiko in this drama is the old-fashion type of woman who would want to defend her pureness and chastity, or as Soushi had said in the first episode - one who would knit a sweater for someone whom she actually hasn't dated. It seems a bit contradictory for her to have such a clean image here when she actually chose a robot with a bit of H-ness. But this being aired prime-time, it's understandable that sexual references have to be toned down here and there. Besides, there won't be much of a story if Riiko is attracted to either Night or Soushi so early on.

I understand that there are some die-hard manga fans out there. I'm all for live-actions staying true to the original work and would hate to have my favourite piece of manga drastically changed when translated to the small screen. But sometimes, it makes it much more enjoyable to treat something as brand new because it will give you that extra element of surprise. Here especially, I think parts have been changed for the better because having them as working adults sort of upgrades it from that of your typical high-school rom-coms.

scaturan

Post by scaturan » Apr 24th, '08, 01:25

I wouldn't be surprised if Aibu Saki wins an award for this series.

FBPPrelude

Re: [Discussion] Zettai Kareshi / Absolute Boyfriend

Post by FBPPrelude » Apr 24th, '08, 03:14

Been waiting for this drama to come out. Aibu Saki :wub:
Last edited by FBPPrelude on Apr 25th, '08, 06:24, edited 1 time in total.

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Apr 24th, '08, 14:02

Loved the Manga
O_O i can't belive it Drama !!!
YaY !!

lunas

Post by lunas » Apr 24th, '08, 16:30

scaturan wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Aibu Saki wins an award for this series.
If anyone going to win an award for this series, I think it'll be Hiro. Sorry for offend you but her role in this series is very similar to Utahime so far. Hope the character will mature as the series progress.

jakira

Post by jakira » Apr 24th, '08, 17:32

i can't wait to see episode 2, absolutely love Aibu Saki in here.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Apr 24th, '08, 17:50

GoddessCarlie wrote: Riko came across as very immature, but I have to wonder if this is a bit of Aibu Saki coming through. The only other role I have seen her in was Utahime, and she came across as immature there as well.
This is the third role I've seen her in. I think in Utahime and Ushi Ni Negai Wo her role was "girl who really wants the male lead to fall in love with her". But compared to Toda Erika's "perky ditz" and Katrina's "spoiled princess" in Ushi Ni Negai Wo, Aibu Saki often came off as the "normal girl" so to speak. She seems to play "clingy girls" the way Kyoko Fukada plays "ditzy girls". Not sure if it's personality or typecasting that's responsible.
While Riiko was clingy about Ishizeki in the first episode, I'm hopeful that once they get into the love triangle where she is the one pursued instead of pursuing we might get to see something new from her. Riiko's main dilemma was always figuring out who she loved rather than "how to pursue him" in the manga, so that right there is a change from the roles I've seen her play already. But the writers really have to give her something to work with too.
And a question for those who have read the ending of the manga and seen ep1:
So do you think the ending has already been foreshadowed in the first episode, when Gaku tells her about Night charging while he sleeps but that it won't affect her electric bill. It's kinda implying already about the company charging him. So they might be laying the groundwork for the hardware change to come back to those words at the appropriate time.

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 24th, '08, 17:57

ryoko11 wrote:
GoddessCarlie wrote: Riko came across as very immature, but I have to wonder if this is a bit of Aibu Saki coming through. The only other role I have seen her in was Utahime, and she came across as immature there as well.
This is the third role I've seen her in. I think in Utahime and Ushi Ni Negai Wo her role was "girl who really wants the male lead to fall in love with her". But compared to Toda Erika's "perky ditz" and Katrina's "spoiled princess" in Ushi Ni Negai Wo, Aibu Saki often came off as the "normal girl" so to speak. She seems to play "clingy girls" the way Kyoko Fukada plays
"ditzy girls". Not sure if it's personality or typecasting that's responsible.
There's also Attention Please! and Ganbatte Ikimasshoi.
Supporting character in both but liked the male lead (which was Nishikido Ryo, both times :rofl: ) but couldn't beat the female leads.
So I can see what you mean.

honeatcha

Post by honeatcha » Apr 25th, '08, 03:09

Love love love zettai kareshi!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

As for the first episode:
I was like, :w00t: what a HOT robot!! I don't care if you''re not human.. lol.. some of my friends said Riko is stupid and she should look no further and date Night already! But she was thinking even though you're good to me and obviously you're so hot, you're still a robot and whatever you said and do were pre-programmed..
And the second:
Night is so funny!! Like when he sprayed his body coz he don't sweat :P but what I didn't get was, how will Riko come up with that much amount of money? I mean, yeah Soshi and Night are helping but still, that's a huge amount... I suppose that Gaku guy from kronos would give her an easy-payment scheme or something..
Anyways, this series is a must see! :mrgreen:

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Apr 25th, '08, 13:37

honeatcha:
I love the idea for an easy payment scheme! lol! But I guess then there wouldn't be as much tension!!

But she had to spend all her savings, which I think says something as well....

Mrs Nishikido

Post by Mrs Nishikido » Apr 26th, '08, 04:17

Rori wrote:I'm going to get hooked on this series, I know it. It's so great.

episode 2 spoilers:
Knight was really sweet in episode 2. Perfect boyfriend indeed, but I'm still voting for Soshi.
Sure, Soshi is a playboy but he has his sweet moments. Like willing to lend Riko the money, wanting her to bake him the creampuffs, and if he's going to fall for her, this alone is worth watching. Knight rings 'robot' every time I think about it.

lol@ Riko's friend (mika, is her name?) in the episode 3 preview, when she kissed Knight.
there's no way she's going to beat Riko when it comes to Knight. He's programmed for Riko, after all :lol
havee yu actuallyy watchedd episodee 2?~

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 26th, '08, 04:57

Mrs Nishikido wrote:

episode 2 spoilers:

Yes?

Mrs Nishikido

Post by Mrs Nishikido » Apr 26th, '08, 06:25

Rori wrote:
Mrs Nishikido wrote:

episode 2 spoilers:

Yes?
didd it havee englishh subs??! iff it did wheree did yu watchh it ??~ =D

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 26th, '08, 06:30

You can get it from torrent on this site, it's been out since Tuesday.
Here's a link to it:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_60624.htm

No subs for it yet, softsubber dropped it after first episode and hardsubs from SARS haven't been released yet.

Mrs Nishikido

Post by Mrs Nishikido » Apr 26th, '08, 06:35

thnxx =)

Mrs Nishikido

Post by Mrs Nishikido » Apr 26th, '08, 06:51

Rori wrote:You can get it from torrent on this site, it's been out since Tuesday.
Here's a link to it:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_60624.htm

No subs for it yet, softsubber dropped it after first episode and hardsubs from SARS haven't been released yet.
wouldd yu bee ablee tu tell me nxt timee wen it doess havee subss or anyotherr placee that will havee subs for zettai kareshi ~ =]

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 26th, '08, 06:54

When SARS releases their subs, it will be up on their site, or here.
But I'm sure someone will let us know when subs are released for ep 2. =)

Mrs Nishikido

Post by Mrs Nishikido » Apr 26th, '08, 07:47

thnxx =)

honeatcha

Post by honeatcha » Apr 28th, '08, 06:26

GoddessCarlie wrote:honeatcha:
I love the idea for an easy payment scheme! lol! But I guess then there wouldn't be as much tension!!

But she had to spend all her savings, which I think says something as well....
well...
I guess so too, coz it will show how much she really wanted Night.. as a person and not as another household / electrical appliances..
I suddenly want to name my cell phone... hehe :lol

kerobu

Post by kerobu » Apr 29th, '08, 06:49

ryoko11 wrote:
I've read parts of the manga in Shoujo Beat from time to time. I liked Night very much, but I generally rooted for Soushi.

Changing Riiko to a woman in her twenties was fine by me and could allow for some great developments, but I do feel that the character's personality wasn't matured enough to match the new age and setting. Instead, she seems less mature than manga Riiko during the same story arc.
Okay, seriously... you have a hot naked guy wandering around your apartment, but you don't notice that he can be hot until the next day when you dress him in a hoodie and jeans? WTF?! Riiko's sex drive is obviously missing in action, although manga Riiko certainly had one.
I just had to laugh at this comment. So true. :lol
ryoko11 wrote:
Night is sexy looking, but I kinda miss his warm, human personality from the start in the manga. I'm willing to go with this and see what they do with their take though. I loved how he rushed across town for the sweets to save her job, despite getting so injured in the process. It was very endearing and an improvement on the manga in that case. Also, I liked his confrontation with Ishizeki. So far Night is good, but hopefully he'll get less robotic in the next episode or two.
I started reading the manga (when I read that Yuu Watase made it) before I tried watching the 1st episode of the live action version. I just recently finished it and I really enjoyed reading it.
Manga ending spoilers:
What I liked about the manga version is, while I was reading it, even though I knew that Night was a robot, he acts so much like a human being that I hardly realize that he could be categorized as a household appliance. With Night being that way, it wasn't hard to like him even if he was a robot. While, the drama started with Night behaving like a real robot, it seems that it would take some time for the love triangle to happen.

I also didn't like the ending of the manga... but I think it was okay because that's just the way things are supposed to happen. And I don't want her to be with Soshi anyway. She doesn't deserve him.
ryoko11 wrote:
I think a company full of Ikemen and young kids works better in manga than in live action, so I agree with that change.
I agree. Though I want to see an anime version of Zettai Kareshi just to see how cute the characters will look.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Apr 29th, '08, 08:59

wouldn't it be weird having a robot and a boyfriend/girlfriend at the same time??? this sound so CHOBITS/SABER MARIONETTES to me. lolz.. but damn! im loving it. I definitely need to see episode 2. more HIRO indulging for me.. :wub: :wub: :wub:

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Apr 29th, '08, 09:04

I read teh manga before but I never liked it much. I never liked anything regarding robots, juts doesn't seem real. But I love the drama. I just watched ep 2 and it was so :wub:

I like the cast. This is actually my frst time seeing them since I don't watch Jdrama much. Acting is pretty natural compared to some other Jdramas. I love Aibu Saki and her acting. She looks cute and acts cute and her acting is pretty natural. Hayami Mokomichi is really good as Night^^ He is sooo robot (maybe too much?) that I can't believe he is a human xD and he is HOT! I have seen Mizushima Hiro in HanaKimi before, he seems ok and kind of reminds me of Jun Matsumoto (maybe it's the hairstyle?). Though Soshi is a bit annoying I still like him.

Even though they made huge changes from manga I like it. It's more Jdrama style to make main girl an office lady (maybe it's getting old alredy...?) I'm glad they left that childhood friend part and made Soshi Riiko's boss. Makes it more exciting. I wonder when he's gonan find out about Night? I can understand that teher is no romantic feeling between Riikko and Night because he is a robot after all. She has done great job not forgetting it, been a bit cold towards Night too. Poor Night... but he doesn't have feelings after all. Still he is so sweet and cute. I think I wil like him even more later which makes the ending really sad. I'm almost sure it will be the same as in manga.

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 29th, '08, 12:57

Episode 3:
Christ, Mika is one desperate woman. :roll
The ending was just wtf? to me. Did she just reset his system after she kissed him or something?

Looks like Mika is acting all normal after stealing Night from Riiko in the preivew for episode 4, too, just now she's got a new bf with her. The only thing that I'm looking forward to is Soshi/Riiko moments.
Because by the looks of the preview there seems to be one.

alvahuang

*swoons*

Post by alvahuang » Apr 29th, '08, 12:59

I'm not sure how different the manga is because I haven't read it, but so far I love the fact that Night behaves exactly like a robot, yet viewers will stlll forget at times that's what he is because he reacts like how a human boyfriend would (jealous and all).

Nighto gets more handsome with every single episode. But it's the pity Riiko's boss isn't as handsome or as tall as Nighto cuz I can't help but wish Nighto was human, or like he gets together with her despite everything...

I can't wait for ep 4!! ^^

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Apr 29th, '08, 16:46

Rori wrote:Episode 3:
Christ, Mika is one desperate woman. :roll
The ending was just wtf? to me. Did she just reset his system after she kissed him or something?

Yes, that's exactly what happened.

If you want to know why, ala the manga
He's a Nightly Lover series robot, so until he's had sex with his girlfriend his system isn't fully set. If another woman kisses him in the meantime, his system resets and recognizes that woman as his girlfriend.

In episode 2, I really liked both of the guys and disliked Riiko for most of the episode again.
I think we can sum up my problems with her in two quotes from this episode:

"Izawa Riiko is a woman that has developed ideas of virtue to a near zealous extreme."

"The most important thing in the world is a girl's chastity isn't it?"

It's not near zealous, it is a zealous extreme. While I don't want Riiko just jumping into bed with men, I do want Riiko to be a character who is more rounded than an overly moralistic afterschool special. Friends, family, being a kind person... there are so many things that make you a better person than whether or not you sleep alone. I miss the Riiko who wanted her first time to be with someone she loves, and I'm having real trouble accepting the contrived situations which are now being used to reduce her to a two dimensional zealot for half of every episode.

How Riiko could consider being thoroughly obnoxious to a man, who just saved her from being mugged, in front of her coworkers as preferable to letting them think she has a boyfriend makes no sense. (The landlady makes sense, and Riiko wasn't rude there.) And why would you want to tell your coworkers that the guy who keeps insisting he's your boyfriend is your cousin? That's just going to make it sound pervy. :blink Riiko had no problems with wanting Ishizeki for a boyfriend before this, so where was this zealous chastity then? Even if she thinks he's an appliance at this point, the people around her will obviously see a human being. It's not like he said, "Hey, Riiko, shall we have sex?" in front of half her office.

How anyone can mistake a superior asking for your opinion on a business decision for harrassment is also beyond me. Any normal person would think it was a chance for job advancement, even if they thought the boss was a playboy. He's asking for her opinion on a dessert product (for the second time); he's not asking what kind of panties she's wearing. He even told her he wanted to use the cream puffs in a project. A normal person needing money would look at this as an opportunity--but Riiko is far from normal these days. If they made Soushi more of a playboy towards her during these scenes, it could have made more sense. But they didn't.

Afterall, what ridiculously chaste girl wouldn't try working as a hostess for money instead something like asking for money in exchange for a cream puff recipe that might get used in a major store... :roll

It's not like they couldn't have made those scenes work with a little tweaking. Have Night say something truly embarrassing, or give her an obvious DokiDoki moment that scares her into that dismissal. Give Soushi a real playboy line or a misundertanding in the office to give her a solid reason not to trust his intentions towards her in the beginning of the episode. Extreme reactions need to have some grounding in the plot, otherwise the credibility of the story suffers. At least after Soushi teased her about the club, she had some reason to be mad at him...

Once you get into the scenes like Soushi carrying her home and meeting a jealous Night, Night at the part time job where she helps him, finding out why Soushi loves the cream puffs, helping Soushi make some, deciding not to let Night be scrapped... those played wonderfully. But for something like the first twenty minutes, she was completely impossible for me to relate to as a result of poor justification for her actions again.

Night is doing a good job of learning about what it really means to be a boyfriend, and he seems to be a bit more human from the experiences. Still robotic, but they seem to be starting his development with scenes like him petting Riiko's hair while thinking about what he's learned from Soushi and Fujiko. It was a very nice scene. Loved his "Am I sexy?" too! :lol Night could be the breakaway role here for the latter half of the series.

Soushi's family dynamic is really enjoyable for me as well. Nakamura Shunsuke is always a pleasure to watch, and his portrayal of Soushi's stuffy, overly critical big brother is a pleasant change from his role in the Asami mystery specials that I mostly know him for. The relationship with the father and the memories of the grandfather are touching and sweet, and again Soushi manages to be the most human and developed of the three characters.

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 29th, '08, 17:23

ryoko11 wrote:Yes, that's exactly what happened.

He's a Nightly Lover series robot, so until he's had sex with his girlfriend his system isn't fully set. If another woman kisses him in the meantime, his system resets and recognizes that woman as his girlfriend.
Now I guess we'll have to put up with him and ... Mika. *cringe* :| Until Riiko successfully kisses him again, if I remember right from the preview she tries to do that much at least.
Thanks for filling me in.
alvahuang wrote:Nighto gets more handsome with every single episode. But it's the pity Riiko's boss isn't as handsome or as tall as Nighto cuz I can't help but wish Nighto was human, or like he gets together with her despite everything...
Whoah. I think Hiro is a hell of a lot better looking than Mokomichi, but different tastes I guess. ^^'

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Apr 29th, '08, 19:17

Rori wrote:
alvahuang wrote:Nighto gets more handsome with every single episode. But it's the pity Riiko's boss isn't as handsome or as tall as Nighto cuz I can't help but wish Nighto was human, or like he gets together with her despite everything...
Whoah. I think Hiro is a hell of a lot better looking than Mokomichi, but different tastes I guess. ^^'

i second that toO!!! Hiro is one hot guy. not that buff like mokomichi but he's really hot!!! i'd love to look at his face rather than his body. im a face person :D

btw... rori, this is an off topic question.
is that aoi yu in your siggy? what show was that?

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 29th, '08, 19:24

Yup, it's Aoi Yu.
From her new drama Osen

-

Sorry for the off-topicness.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Apr 29th, '08, 19:36

rori: another off topic thing
is it a good show? i want to watch something that aoi yu is in, all the shows i've seen her are the movies. anyways i couldn't find subs for it. do they have it here in DA already? or did you watch it raw?

ok.. back to topic. lolz... what episode that are subbed do they have in DA now? gome ne. since i couldn't really follow with some of the conversation above. i saw that there was a review for episode 3 then episode 4. i hope the next episodes are going to be good. watching the first episode was really fun so im looking forward to the next and the next :D

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 29th, '08, 19:42

biniBningPunkista,
The description can throw you off. It's not an exciting drama - well about as exciting as food can get but it's pretty enjoyable. Both Aoi Yu and Uchi are pretty hilarious in it and that's something thats worth watching.

Only 2 episodes are out so far. No subs, but there are group(s) that have planned to sub this so you should see them soon. Raw for both episodes are up on daddicts though.
biniBningPunkista wrote:ok.. back to topic. lolz... what episode that are subbed do they have in DA now? gome ne. since i couldn't really follow with some of the conversation above. i saw that there was a review for episode 3 then episode 4. i hope the next episodes are going to be good. watching the first episode was really fun so im looking forward to the next and the next :D
Episodes 1&2 are subbed and up on DA. Episode 3 was only aired today so I wouldn't expect subs for a few days. ^^

saby

Post by saby » Apr 29th, '08, 21:40

omg this drama is awesome

it has an unique plot :D

cant wait to see more

hmmm now I wanna have a robbot boyfriend too
do they make them in Japan ? haha

honeatcha

Post by honeatcha » Apr 30th, '08, 01:50

Here's my thought for ep 03:
OMG!! I really hate Mika!! She's a b*tch (ahem, sorry!) :cussing: I remembered she said "I'm only interested in other people's property" so the reason she's being nice to Riiko is because she wants to steal Night.. Urghh!! And when she kissed Night, suddenly he thought (reset) that Mika is his girlfriend?? WTH... They should put a password on Night or something. Like - when somebody (other than the owner) "accidentally" or "purposely" kiss him, he will ask for a password or something.. Haha :lol

But then again, it won't be much exciting now, will it? (if Night was equipped with a password?) I bet Night's gonna remember about Riiko and ditch Mika!!

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Apr 30th, '08, 01:59

honeatcha wrote:Here's my thought for ep 03:
OMG!! I really hate Mika!! She's a b*tch (ahem, sorry!) :cussing: I remembered she said "I'm only interested in other people's property" so the reason she's being nice to Riiko is because she wants to steal Night.. Urghh!! And when she kissed Night, suddenly he thought (reset) that Mika is his girlfriend?? WTH... They should put a password on Night or something. Like - when somebody (other than the owner) "accidentally" or "purposely" kiss him, he will ask for a password or something.. Haha :lol

But then again, it won't be much exciting now, will it? (if Night was equipped with a password?) I bet Night's gonna remember about Riiko and ditch Mika!!
Episode 2 was a really cute episode, I thoroughly enjoyed it that I want cream puffs now T_T

As for ep3, I haven't seen it but here's somewhat a spoiler:
From the manga, Riiko had to kiss Night again in order for him to reset and remember everything about her again. She was basically looking for opportunities to kiss him that it was hilarious, so I'm wondering how they would do this in the series. :mrgreen:

alvahuang

Post by alvahuang » Apr 30th, '08, 04:04

Rori wrote:
ryoko11 wrote:Yes, that's exactly what happened.

Now I guess we'll have to put up with him and ... Mika. *cringe* :| Until Riiko successfully kisses him again, if I remember right from the preview she tries to do that much at least.
Thanks for filling me in.
Haha! ^^ *nods* I too, thought Hiro was better looking when i saw the trailers... but i have more of a thing for tall guys. haha. maybe not that hiro isn't as handsome.. but he totally reminds me of matsu jun. the hair!! i'm siding Mokomichi here cuz i fell in love with his character from the first ep. Waiting for Riiko to give in to loving a household appliance... I hope they beef up more of how Hiro would love her in a way that doesn't lose to Night... So that she'll have a happy ending with a human. Gomen, but if it doesn't have a satisfactory ending (i heard about the manga) i'm gonna be really upset man.

saby

Post by saby » Apr 30th, '08, 06:33

anyone mind telling me how manga ends ??

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Apr 30th, '08, 06:58

@saby
Night just ceases to function since his job as the 'Nightly series' is fulfilled (i.e. you know what) . He goes into a 'deep sleep' since he is an appliance after all. So, before all that happens (he knew that it was going to happen to him) he asks Soushi, who's at Spain at that time, to take care of Riiko. :|

saby

Post by saby » Apr 30th, '08, 07:05

lunargen thnx
in a way its a sad ending but I guess that is the only way this drama can end since NIght is a robbot :x .... hmm lol now I wish there was a fairy who would make him human :wub:

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Apr 30th, '08, 07:29

saby wrote:lunargen thnx
in a way its a sad ending but I guess that is the only way this drama can end since NIght is a robbot :x .... hmm lol now I wish there was a fairy who would make him human :wub:
it was really an awkward end for the manga. They built upon the Riiko-Night pairing too much, yet they didn't want to endorse the idea of supporting human-robot relationships, that's why it ended as it did.
I think that's why they're making Night so much of a stiff robot character instead of a charming human-like one in this drama. They're conditioning the audience to remember AT ALL times that Night is just a robot, so that when the Riiko-Soushi ending (which what I believe is what they're going for) comes, it'll be easier to accept given the detachment to Night's robotic character.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Apr 30th, '08, 13:19

I'm all for Night acting like a robot, but I was hoping by now he would have learnt a bit more about human behaviour, or at least there would be more issues with his confusing human behaviour. Besides the whole "I'm Rika's Boyfriend" and not getting what Mika is trying to do.

I really liked Soushi's change into a play boy but I feel like we aren't seeing too much of that. I think that at the moment Soushi only sees her as someone who can make cream puffs. Apart from that, there doesn't really seem like there is too much interest there. Maybe he is hiding it, I'm not sure.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 30th, '08, 17:24

lunargen wrote:@saby
Night just ceases to function since his job as the 'Nightly series' is fulfilled (i.e. you know what) . He goes into a 'deep sleep' since he is an appliance after all. So, before all that happens (he knew that it was going to happen to him) he asks Soushi, who's at Spain at that time, to take care of Riiko. :|
geeez I feel depressed about the ending already... I think I will cry at the ending if it's like that.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

crazy4u

Post by crazy4u » Apr 30th, '08, 19:52

I love watching this drama. Somehow the ending of the manga makes me sad from what I have read a couple of entries above. And Ep 03 Mika kisses Night! I've seen in the previews. Can't wait to watch for ep 03...hehe. :wub:

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » May 1st, '08, 02:18

Yeah, the ending for the manga was pretty sad.
But if I remember correctly, in the manga didn't Riiko like Soushi in the beginning but they somehow couldn't tell each other their true feelings so then Riiko got Night and blah blah? So then if it ends with Soushi and Riiko then that's kinda logical b/c Night is a robot but yeah, still sad.
I kinda hated the manga ending b/c there was so much Riiko & Night couple that it makes you think it will be a happy ending but then at the end, Riiko ends up with Soushi...
About the drama though, I hope some kind of love thing will develop between Soushi and Riiko, I kinda want her to end up with Soushi instead of Night... lol maybe b/c Hiro is playing Soushi hahaha.

BTW, I can't remember Riiko having a girl friend that betray her in the manga? Maybe I just forgot since it's been forever but... the girl in the drama is... -.-"

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » May 1st, '08, 02:23

Well, the manga ending
was a typical Yuu Watase ending. Soshi and Riiko liked each other, but Riiko didn't know Soshi liked her. She gets Night, falls in love with Night. But then Night breaks, and hands her over to be in Soshi's care.
I personally don't expect the drama ending to be much different.

LukiaWhitney

Post by LukiaWhitney » May 1st, '08, 02:58

loveless_soul wrote:Yeah, the ending for the manga was pretty sad.
But if I remember correctly, in the manga didn't Riiko like Soushi in the beginning but they somehow couldn't tell each other their true feelings so then Riiko got Night and blah blah? So then if it ends with Soushi and Riiko then that's kinda logical b/c Night is a robot but yeah, still sad.
I kinda hated the manga ending b/c there was so much Riiko & Night couple that it makes you think it will be a happy ending but then at the end, Riiko ends up with Soushi...
About the drama though, I hope some kind of love thing will develop between Soushi and Riiko, I kinda want her to end up with Soushi instead of Night... lol maybe b/c Hiro is playing Soushi hahaha.

BTW, I can't remember Riiko having a girl friend that betray her in the manga? Maybe I just forgot since it's been forever but... the girl in the drama is... -.-"
I was pretty sure there was a Mika in the drama, 'cuz I remember the kiss part, and Gaku and Riiko freaking out.

The ending is pretty obvious...but I'm all good with Hiro~

I must say previews for ep. 4 are pretty skimpy. -.-"

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » May 1st, '08, 02:58

loveless_soul wrote:Yeah, the ending for the manga was pretty sad.

Yah, Riiko did have a friend in the manga that betrayed her.
Here's a quote, "I'm only interested in things that belongs to other people."

I remember Mika devised a plan to let the girls from the Night fanclub know that Riika and Night were together. Then it went to a scene where the girls were going to beat her up or something and that's when Miki said to Riika that it wasn't right for her to deserve a boyfriend like that because every boy that Riika liked, always chose her (Mika) instead. That's when they stopped being friends and Mika didn't show up in the manga anymore after that from what I remembered...

So yeah, she was a super **** in there...

lifa

Post by lifa » May 1st, '08, 05:01

It IS really sad! I totally cried. And don't forget the ring!!!!!! Although in the drama it's more of a bracelet...

And yes Mika is in the manga tooo! Super ****! She's already got her plan in place for getting Night (haven't seen 3rd ep yet so not sure how it develops in the drama in that ep). I think Soshi is so cute in this sleepy kinda way! And Night looks like one of those ganguro boys (is there such a term?). Not really but he's so tanned tee hee hee!

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » May 1st, '08, 05:41

SO far I like this drama and I also liked the manga.

The only thing for me is that I think I am weird or something... I always imagined Night looking like Gackt and Soshi looking like Jun Matsumoto for some reason so I am definitely having trouble adjusting! LOL

Also, I think that there should have been more build up of them together as well rather than "I am Riika's boyfriend..." *robot smile* and her suddenly wanting him. (That's just IMO)

Can't have everything the exact same way as the manga. I hate to admit that even though I know the ending I would not mind if they changed it! I know they most likely will not but since the drama writers usually screw with everything else it would be great if they did something different on this one.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 1st, '08, 05:49

MitsukaiKuroi wrote: Also, I think that there should have been more build up of them together as well rather than "I am Riika's boyfriend..." *robot smile* and her suddenly wanting him. (That's just IMO)
Well, it was just more than saying he's rika's bf or the smile. It was what Night did that was really touching. He's like a Knight in shining armour ^^;
He helped her get her wallet back and he made meals for her. Like it or not, it's pretty cute with all those hearts in the food ^^; Also, he worked so hard to help earn money for her after he found out she needed money. The guy at the factory even said she got himself a good boyfriend.

taeluv

Post by taeluv » May 1st, '08, 06:49

Before someone posted a link to the raw online of episode 1 are the raws up for 2 and 3??

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 1st, '08, 07:08

taeluv wrote:Before someone posted a link to the raw online of episode 1 are the raws up for 2 and 3??
not sure if you're looking for downloads or streaming. I posted some downloads here

taeluv

Post by taeluv » May 1st, '08, 08:03

Thanks sorry, should have been more clear looking for streaming :)

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 1st, '08, 13:07

I think that the drama is obviously leading for a Rika - Soushi romance in the end. If they want the audience to root more for Knight, they should make him a bit more "human". Sure, he is great, the ideal boyfriend, but he still doesn't seem "real" and therefore Rika wont end up with him.

Compared with something like Chobbits, which, even though it's been quite some time since I read that manga, I believe the whole premise was that it doesn't matter if it is human or not, (and what is "human" anyway?) it's the feelings that matter.

At the moment, Knight is a robot. It's hard to look past that.

vis

Post by vis » May 1st, '08, 13:39

Yeah I also think it's hard to look past the fact that Night is a robot... in the manga he was totally like a human and SO adorable... I prefer the manga's Night than to the drama one and that's also what made the love triangel believable. Just like GoddessCarlie wrote, it feels rather obvious that the drama is leaning towards a Riiko + boss romance.. Also Riiko's sudden change of mind (about buying Knight) felt kinda out of the blue... it more believable in the manga because Knight was so lovable. Ah, well it's a good enough drama to kill time with~ Maybe, they'll make drama NIght more human later? One can always hope...

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 1st, '08, 15:57

"Ore sexhi?"

I just had to share this with you :D I loved that moment!
Attachments
zve4296b.jpg
zve4296b.jpg (41.59 KiB) Viewed 3864 times

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » May 1st, '08, 16:06

maakopla : hahaha I do agree with you, that scene was just hilarious, I laughed so much! Couldn't stop! :lol

kezianthei

Post by kezianthei » May 1st, '08, 16:10

maakopla wrote:"Ore sexhi?"

I just had to share this with you :D I loved that moment!
yeah.. im with you.. knight was so cute/funny.. :wub:

RoosterMcTey

Post by RoosterMcTey » May 1st, '08, 17:42

taeluv wrote:Thanks sorry, should have been more clear looking for streaming :)
Taeluv - the streaming links for ep 2 are posted somewhere in this thread (page 10 and 11)
The links for ep 3 have not, but they are up at the website -

Part 1:
http://fourlc.com/channel1/5/08fh/20080429_681.html

Part 2:
http://fourlc.com/channel1/5/08fh/20080429_682.html

asian_grl

Post by asian_grl » May 1st, '08, 17:50

i'm really torn.. i really wanna watch it, but i'm gonna hate the ending if they make it the same as the manga >.<

lifa

Post by lifa » May 2nd, '08, 03:15

That's a risk you'll have to be willing to take. :P :P

By srsly it's so cute!!! You should watch it!

taeluv

Post by taeluv » May 2nd, '08, 08:13

RoosterMcTey wrote:
taeluv wrote:Thanks sorry, should have been more clear looking for streaming :)
Taeluv - the streaming links for ep 2 are posted somewhere in this thread (page 10 and 11)
The links for ep 3 have not, but they are up at the website -

Part 1:
http://fourlc.com/channel1/5/08fh/20080429_681.html

Part 2:
http://fourlc.com/channel1/5/08fh/20080429_682.html
Thank you so much! :D BTW who is the hottie in your avatar?

RoosterMcTey

Post by RoosterMcTey » May 2nd, '08, 11:36

taeluv wrote:Thank you so much! :D BTW who is the hottie in your avatar?
Heehee! That's Mizushima Hiro, who plays Asamoto Soshi, actually! It's a screencap from Kamen Rider Kabuto. :cheers:

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » May 2nd, '08, 16:26

asian_grl wrote:i'm really torn.. i really wanna watch it, but i'm gonna hate the ending if they make it the same as the manga >.<
Waaah, my thoughts exactly - but so far i'm liking the series far too much to stop.
It sticks to the mangas in many aspects, yet I like it SO much better.