About ordering Drama from Malaysia!!!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
RavenCloud

About ordering Drama from Malaysia!!!

Post by RavenCloud » Apr 1st, '08, 12:52

Hi,

I just wanted to know because I am not so sure if it is good to order a japanese drama from malaysia because everyone knows the rumors "Fake or cheap cd-r, bad english subs"

Is that really true.Because I found a shop at ebay who sells japanese dramas with english subtitles..thats good because I can't speak japanese and in japan all drams series are without english sub ==((((

So this store on ebay has 100% so not bad and he says that all dvd are original and not cd-r....but how much can I trust his words??

And what about the subs..are they mostly good in malaysia or quite bad??

I hope someone could give me some infos.

Thanks a lot in advance

RC~

RavenCloud

Post by RavenCloud » Apr 2nd, '08, 01:16

Wow I never thought of so many answers...I am impressed. ==(

Beecubed

Post by Beecubed » Apr 2nd, '08, 02:28

Why don't you download the dramas with english subs? That's your best bet for excellent subtitles and quality video.

I have one or two series from malaysia - the picture quality is very good, but I don't like the subtitles. I prefer to be able to understand immediately what somebody is saying, rather than have to think for a few secs about the meaning (grammar can be quite poor). It depends on the drama too - some dramas are subtitled quite well (only a few errors) while other dramas have many errors and are hard to follow.

If you still want to order from this person, why don't you ask he/she to screencap a few of the scenes from the drama (with softsubs on)? You might get an impression of how good the subtitles are. You deserve to know that much as a customer.

crazybone86

Post by crazybone86 » Apr 3rd, '08, 04:08

hi..
i would like to say sometimes it is true..about the quality of drama sale in Malaysia..
my sister bought some drama which she didnt tell me, suddenly it is same as i download..but still not complete..
the quality which i download is too far better than she bought it....and thanks to subber for the good efford to translate it..

however, it is not the reason for some people dont want to download it..but the matters is it takes too long to wait for download...plus with ISP in malaysia limit the torrent..

I agree with beecubed, u should ask for some sample to show it really worth to buy from them

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Apr 3rd, '08, 04:25

I wouldn't buy it if I were you. It's like direct translation. I live in Malaysia and got myself a few. Might be my bad luck but you are better off with subbers translation.

Buy only if you find it hard to find the raws but don't expect that much from the translation