[Discussion] Hachi-One Diver (81diver)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
tsurashi313

[Discussion] Hachi-One Diver (81diver)

Post by tsurashi313 » Apr 12th, '08, 19:13

Another new Fuji TV drama for the Spring season of 2008:
Sugata Kentaro is a former professional player of a Japanese chess-like board game known as shogi. (The manga's title comes from the 81 squares on a shogi board.) After leaving the pro circuit, Sugata enters the world of "Shinkenshi" ("true sword-masters"), or players who gamble on shogi and other board games like go and mah-jong. He meets his match in Nakashizu Soyo, a female Shinkenshi who happens to be a part-time maid in Akihabara. -Anime News Network
First episode airs on May 3 2008. It stars Mizobata Junpei from Hanazakari no Kimitachi e and Naka Riisa from Binbo Danshi.

This is based on a manga I have never heard of but it's kind of interesting. Yay for Mizobata Junpei being in this drama. :)

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hachi-One_Diver

Karawhite

Post by Karawhite » Apr 16th, '08, 14:27

I actually was not looking forward to it until i saw waratte iitomo. The cast was so vibrant and somehow it reminds me of the vibe that the nodame cast had. I am really interested in watching it as it is also a manga adaption that seems really interesting. I expect to see passable acting that is offset by a lot of heart, interesting characters and a fairly good script considering that its NOT a shoujo manga based on romance so it would be hard to mess up the script by creating 10 zillion love triangles. If they get the comedy right, i'll be watching for that as well.

Another thing that interests me is the fact that the show is about shougi, which is kinda boring for a person like me who knows virtually nothing about it. However, i find that the more boring the actual subject of the manga, the more interesting it is because the author has to focus on the important things such as character development and interaction and a good story line instead of using a more interesting topic for style points. For instance take Hikaru no Go. That was an amazing anime/manga. I hope Hachi one diver is half as good because i would be fully satisfied.

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Apr 16th, '08, 16:26

yeahhhhhhhhhh finally HACHIWAN DIVER thread!!

I'm look forward to see it so much

cause of Junpei <333

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Apr 20th, '08, 03:19

now they have official site!
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/81/

i hope there will be someone to upload this drama >//<;

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Apr 20th, '08, 03:32

^Thank you for telling. :D I can't wait for this drama. I wish there will be subs but subbing takes so much work. DX

Karawhite

Post by Karawhite » Apr 20th, '08, 13:33

Actually this one will be quite difficult to sub because of all the shougi games that they will have in it. That may be one of the reasons why no one is planning to sub this, plus the fact that the cast isn't particularly famous or anything. Though perhaps when it airs someone might like it enough to sub it.

pass19

Post by pass19 » Apr 26th, '08, 17:28

Oh really?it's a shame, the story seems pretty interesting...
I'd like to see it. .

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Apr 29th, '08, 14:40

81 DIVER event from Junpei's blog

talongero

Post by talongero » May 8th, '08, 15:12

ive been waiting for this series after i saw the cast in the Spring drama Game show caught my attention because of Riisa-chan, hehe a Shougi drama with a Cutesy Maid XD and i must say she grown alot since My Boss My Hero so cute and sexy =D. Its interesting i like the episode one. Ive watch a board game anime before (Hikaru no Go) its quite interesting and love how they add special effects when they play. I'll keep watching this show.

zyrene

Post by zyrene » May 8th, '08, 15:47

Hi all just wanna ask, is mizobata junpei the doctor in hanazakari? i've seen hanazakari but his picture in dramawiki is a bit different so i cant figure out who he is in hanazakari.... :D

zyrene

Post by zyrene » May 8th, '08, 15:50

ahhh gomen, he is Saga Kazuma... 2nd dorm student...

quandary

Post by quandary » Jun 16th, '08, 05:21

I've seen three episodes now and they better come up with something new, or I'm done. If it's going to be the same thing over and over, it's not going to be worth watching. There were a few throw aways that were pretty funny, but not enough to carry this thing.

milhaus007

Post by milhaus007 » Jul 17th, '08, 18:25

This can possibly be the worst drama ever. As mentioned earlier, every episode is basically the same. Added by horrible acting by the lead male who looks constipated in every scene. For god sake, whoever wrote his character needs to be shot. I've never seen a grown man cry as much as he does over a lame game of chess. Do not watch this drama. I want back 8 hours of my life please.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 17th, '08, 20:30

Ahahaha, wouldn't your post go in the worst drama ever topic? Just saying. :D

It's based of a manga, what else is that going to tell you --> Overacting to the max.

fastat3m

Post by fastat3m » Jul 17th, '08, 21:15

milhaus007 wrote:This can possibly be the worst drama ever. As mentioned earlier, every episode is basically the same. Added by horrible acting by the lead male who looks constipated in every scene. For god sake, whoever wrote his character needs to be shot. I've never seen a grown man cry as much as he does over a lame game of chess. Do not watch this drama. I want back 8 hours of my life please.
If its that bad, why did you spend 8 hours on it. Wouldn't you realize it after only a couple of hours.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 17th, '08, 23:48

The style of Hachi One is pretty much given away in the first 2 episodes anyway....

Ariendo

Post by Ariendo » Aug 30th, '09, 05:47

Recently I saw 81diver mv and desperately searched for that drama, but I couldn't find it with eng subs. Does anybody know if it's possible to get it? O_o

p.s. Junpei - yayayay!!!))))

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Sep 1st, '09, 15:00

Followed it for Junpei when it aired but finally gave up at episode 8. Every episode felt repititious. Download from http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_61173.htm

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Aug 8th, '11, 11:02

milhaus007 wrote:This can possibly be the worst drama ever. As mentioned earlier, every episode is basically the same. Added by horrible acting by the lead male who looks constipated in every scene. For god sake, whoever wrote his character needs to be shot. I've never seen a grown man cry as much as he does over a lame game of chess. Do not watch this drama. I want back 8 hours of my life please.
What! It's part of the charm and what made me like this series - it literally is like a manga or anime directly translated to live action. Right down to the excessive " ! " faces, the repeated words like "... HONTOU?!" "EEH??" and gratuitous use of flashbacks and crying.

Ariendo wrote:Recently I saw 81diver mv and desperately searched for that drama, but I couldn't find it with eng subs. Does anybody know if it's possible to get it? O_o

p.s. Junpei - yayayay!!!))))
If you google you'll probably find it on direct download on dramadownload or filestube/megaupload. For torrents, asiatorrents and the usual places have it.

I wouldn't reccomend buying 'ENGLISH SUB DVD' on ebay or whatever, they appear to be stealing and profiteering off the great fansubbers of this community.

The official DVDs don't have the english sub, however, it does have a wonderful interactive video Miruku maid service game...