[Discussion] Maou (Ohno Satoshi & Ikuta Toma)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 9th, '08, 05:43

im_amot wrote:just want to share with you guys what i found :w00t:

credit to cocolovescream@crunchyroll.com

Amazing, isn't it? :thumleft:
wait! that's koony's creation! who's cocolovescream@crunchyroll? she/he better credit koon properly or.. or... *wavefist*

it was originally posted by Koon here: http://ninomiyakazunari.vox.com/library ... 40005.html

can you please ask that person to credit properly too?

jessiesoon
Malaysia

Post by jessiesoon » Jul 9th, '08, 05:46

i am watching the drama!!!
leader looks so evil....ooohh, sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ikuta toma is so thin...

i didnt watch the korean version but i dun think i will watch it...
i am hooked on j-dorama!!! and i bet i will continue to watch the rest of this drama....sugoi!!

jessiesoon
Malaysia

Post by jessiesoon » Jul 9th, '08, 06:13

ooo..nino is a guest on the drama!!!????
cute........

dimitri_can

Post by dimitri_can » Jul 9th, '08, 10:30

Got 526 lines to translate... Already at my 90th. =(

Will try my best to translate nicely...

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 9th, '08, 11:11

dimitri_can wrote:Got 526 lines to translate... Already at my 90th. =(

Will try my best to translate nicely...
uwaaaaah! dimitri_can, you can kind of ignore my pm!
suketeru had announced she's softsubbing this: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_63167_0.htm

tsumabukis

Post by tsumabukis » Jul 9th, '08, 12:24

LadyMercury - Way back when, you said you read the script? Where did you get hold of it? ^_^

dimitri_can

Post by dimitri_can » Jul 9th, '08, 16:31

Guys, i bring you the theme song of 魔王. Either of the links will work.

Truth by Arashi
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5whr9n

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4g4vy6

Enjoy. =)

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 9th, '08, 17:59

hey9 wrote: Ah, thanks, Rori. I was watching a few youtube vids with Ohno, I really like him. Seems very down-to-earth and his artwork is fantastic. Very different from his character. I'm surprised that he hasn't had more acting roles.
i think its because he just looks "blur" most of the time people just didn't realize he's a natural talent. the guy tends to daze a lot. this's a funny subbed clip of Arashi describing his habits: (funny how they tried to describe what ohno does as a leader :p)
the rest of non-arashi fans only started to know of his other talents after the Freestyle Exhibition (ohno art exhibition) and maybe the DVD release of his stageplay.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 9th, '08, 20:10

I really want to see Ohno's artwork. I've only seen two pieces :(

I think I read somewhere that Ohno personally prefers stage acting over dramas and that he really wasn't a person that wanted to focus his career on dramas like his other bandmates (Sho, Jun, and Nino). Aiba's fallen out of the drama scene, it seems, cause all he does is varieties....

sakura_sake

Post by sakura_sake » Jul 9th, '08, 21:28

Watched it with the sub just now.
The dorama is great, but I love the Korean version more!
Was so excited at first, to see how the director and script writer gonna change the script like what they did with HYD and Hanakimi. However, a bit disappointment cuz all are the same. Huhu... :whistling:

Anyway, all actors (ohno & Toma) are acting SUPERB :salut: , no doubt about that.

Still, gonna watch this till the end. :D

p/s: I like watching Japanese remake cuz they are very creative :thumleft: at adding new storyline or charecter, but still keep the main story in line.

zeox

Post by zeox » Jul 10th, '08, 00:11

So I had time to watch the first 10 minutes of the first episode just now, and I really didn't find it that appealing. Toma's character just seems so incredibly unlikable (compared to his other characters in HanaKimi, Honey & Clover and so on), and I really hope it'll turn around for the better once I see the entire episode.
Does it?

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 10th, '08, 01:58

aishoni2 wrote:i think its because he just looks "blur" most of the time people just didn't realize he's a natural talent. the guy tends to daze a lot. this's a funny subbed clip of Arashi describing his habits: (funny how they tried to describe what ohno does as a leader :p)
the rest of non-arashi fans only started to know of his other talents after the Freestyle Exhibition (ohno art exhibition) and maybe the DVD release of his stageplay.
Kind of off-topic, but that video is hilarious! I'd love to know a place where I can download that actual video.

I was never a big Arashi fan - well, I never payed much attention to them, but when I ever see them on TV shows they're always making me laugh out loud.

Masumi-chan

Post by Masumi-chan » Jul 10th, '08, 05:30

i was not planning to add this to my watch list but i was bored and did not have anything
else to download so i decided to give this a try and i LIKED IT, i like all the characters,
i like Sakita Shiori character (the Actress acutely look like a relative of mine and we are
middle eastern its not we look like japanese people :D )

@ zeox: u have to keep something in mind this is a dark drama if u r waiting for Toma to be funny i don't think u will see it in this drama although i found his serious acting really good :-)

Eheednee

Post by Eheednee » Jul 10th, '08, 06:13

dimitri_can thank you for sharing! the song is great :roll:

zeox

Post by zeox » Jul 10th, '08, 18:51

Masumi-chan wrote: @ zeox: u have to keep something in mind this is a dark drama if u r waiting for Toma to be funny i don't think u will see it in this drama although i found his serious acting really good :-)
I know that very well, and I don't expect him to be funny in every show he's in. It's just that I didn't find him to be a particularly likable guy in the first 10 minutes.

now that I've actually watched the rest of the episode, my opinion has changed somewhat. this could turn out to be a pretty interesting show

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 10th, '08, 19:58

Ladymercury wrote:I really want to see Ohno's artwork. I've only seen two pieces :(

I think I read somewhere that Ohno personally prefers stage acting over dramas and that he really wasn't a person that wanted to focus his career on dramas like his other bandmates (Sho, Jun, and Nino). Aiba's fallen out of the drama scene, it seems, cause all he does is varieties....
This's a good Ohno Satoshi interview that covered all that he had done:
There's Freestyle exhibition, teaching a group of deaf youngster to dance for 24hr TV (so touching..) and the making of his artwork. He did said he preferred the stage rather than tv dramas, mainly because stageplay is more direct. As for Aiba, he's an equally talented actor too but maybe his time to shine hasn't arrived yet. I was really impressed with the Engimono he had done with Hina.

@sakura_sake
i've watched the original and do find Maou had it's slight yet profound differences too. The culture difference made the characters seems more straightforward than the Korean version. Some would love a straight on remake but I prefer an adaptation too. However since the original itself was already a perfect drama, it is tough for them to tweak and add more to the plot. I'm quite satisfied with the pacing and the way they are cutting down the episodes from 20 to 11/12 episodes. Its too early to judge anyway :whistling:
Btw, HYD & Hanakimi are manga to drama adaptations so liberties on the storyline would be a given. Mawang to Maou is like remaking Infernal Affairs saga into Departed.

@zeox
glad you liked it zeox :). I really liked the detective in the original (Uhm Tae Woong as Oh Soo). He was full of pain yet still struggling to keep on living. I hope Naoto (Toma) can pull off the same feeling and it does looked like he will. What's missing are the smiles. The detective had a sunny disposition in the original but Naoto is a bit too serious.

Thanks for "Truth" dimitri_can! It is now available for preorder. The limited edition will include a PV of "Truth". http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=JACA-5109

I WROTE A LOT *~*
sorry for the long-winded post :fear:

1aco

Post by 1aco » Jul 10th, '08, 20:07

To be honest I didn't like it that much... I have seen the Korean version and it is much better than the j-version.. Because I know the plot somehow the actor in the j-version seem fake to me.. I just keep compare the two with each other back in my mind ...I don't want to do that but somehow I just keep on doing that... I just hope more people will also give the Korean version a try after they have seen the j-version..

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 10th, '08, 20:21

1aco wrote:To be honest I didn't like it that much... I have seen the Korean version and it is much better than the j-version.. Because I know the plot somehow the actor in the j-version seem fake to me.. I just keep compare the two with each other back in my mind ...I don't want to do that but somehow I just keep on doing that... I just hope more people will also give the Korean version a try after they have seen the j-version..
its really hard to go up against a wonderful drama as Mawang which is almost perfect in every way. The Japanese team is fearless to tackle that challenge and I do know for a fact that they are also fans of the original. Remake is a form of flattery people . Thanks to them for remaking it, I got curious and watched the original first and was blown away. Certainly not to be missed.. HOWEVER it is NOT recommended that you start watching it now while following Maou. It'll ruin the suspense.

As for seeing the actors as fake.... I BEG TO DIFFER. Both Ohno and Toma had done marvelous job.. especially Ohno (he's better in the first episode than Jii Hoon did imo). But you are bias for Mawang and I might be bias for Ohno :P.... just to add.. Uhm Tae Woong is still the best though :fear:

Maysn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Maysn » Jul 10th, '08, 20:47

I don't know the korean version, but I think it's interesting. ^^

But for me the best was the soundtrack! Definitely! *loves it*

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jul 11th, '08, 03:29

Okay.. So I just watched the first episode. I really didn't have very high expectations going into to it... and.. well.. i wasn't impressed in the slightest. The story seems interesting but the way it's carried out and the acting is pretty awful. LoL. I mean it's possible it could pick up. But I think what I'll end up doing is watching the kdrama version instead. Sounds like it'll probably be better.

what did everyone else think?

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 11th, '08, 04:53

aishoni2 wrote:
This's a good Ohno Satoshi interview that covered all that he had done:
There's Freestyle exhibition, teaching a group of deaf youngster to dance for 24hr TV (so touching..) and the making of his artwork. He did said he preferred the stage rather than tv dramas, mainly because stageplay is more direct. As for Aiba, he's an equally talented actor too but maybe his time to shine hasn't arrived yet. I was really impressed with the Engimono he had done with Hina.
Oh my god, I'm speechless.
Ohno truly is a genius.

tsumabukis

Post by tsumabukis » Jul 11th, '08, 05:09

Wow!!

Those pictures of his are absolutely incredible!

Wasn't such a huge fan of Arashi before, but I'm gradually starting to respect them more and more after learning how crazy talented their members are. ^_^

toma_sis

Post by toma_sis » Jul 11th, '08, 05:21

just finish watching Maou ep 1.... amazing!! :wub: Really love the story.. interesting! :thumright:
I never watched Korea version so no comparison.....
Toma acting is very good..maybe just a little overacting..just a little..yeah..maybe (or maybe that is what the director want!) 8)
but he did a good job to express his feeling..
Ohno kun also did a good job...

waiting for ep 2...Maou team..gambare! :lol

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 11th, '08, 06:49

tsumabukis wrote:Wow!!

Wasn't such a huge fan of Arashi before, but I'm gradually starting to respect them more and more after learning how crazy talented their members are. ^_^
Arashi is like perfect. Every member in that group has something that they just excel at perfectly.

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 11th, '08, 10:30

Ladymercury wrote:
tsumabukis wrote:Wow!!

Arashi is like perfect. Every member in that group has something that they just excel at perfectly.
asagdfsjfj. that's a huge compliment *____*
now i feel very proud to be an Arashi fan, thank you :mrgreen: ... you are a closeted Arashi fan aren't you? the thread is becoming Arashi pimping thread :fear:

getting back on topic... Maou's tonight! Teaser:

tsumabukis

Post by tsumabukis » Jul 11th, '08, 11:07

Maou in TWO hours, kids!!

Heh heh. I would definitely hesitate to call them perfect. Remember Riida's nose-picking thing? Yeh. :P

Having said that, I have been listening to One Love on repeat for about half an hour now. :lol

IceFight

Post by IceFight » Jul 11th, '08, 11:35

I loved the first episode of Maou. ^_^ I really love suspense and I think Toma and Ohno are amazing actors in this.
I haven't seen the Korean version but I want to now (I won't until Maou finishes so it doesn't ruin it for me).
The storyline is so good. ^_^

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 11th, '08, 13:24

aishoni2 wrote:asagdfsjfj. that's a huge compliment *____*
now i feel very proud to be an Arashi fan, thank you :mrgreen: ... you are a closeted Arashi fan aren't you? the thread is becoming Arashi pimping thread :fear:
Closeted? I am one LOL.

Sho and Ohno <333

Gyah! I missed 20 minutes of tonights episode! ;_; Oh well, I'm sitll watching it now. I'll figure it out later 8D;

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 11th, '08, 14:09

Dammnit a few minutes lagging at the end of the episode.

Anyway just like last week it was awsome danm ohno is evil really really evil.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 11th, '08, 14:12

Naruse is brilliantly smart. How he weaved those turn of events... amazing.

divalicious

Post by divalicious » Jul 11th, '08, 14:51

i just watched the first episode and i just have to say i'm sooooo lovin everything about ohno's character hes doing such a great job..i like seeing ikuta playing this role it shows a very serious/determined side to his acting that i haven't seen before...

Lotikuma

Post by Lotikuma » Jul 11th, '08, 15:05

I've been trying to watch it with the links you sent but .. they never worked for me >_<
Gyyah Just i'll have to wait for the torrent or for someone to upload it somewhere

That week has been sooo long.
I've been waiting for the second episode and watched the first one again and again xD

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 11th, '08, 15:17

I felt this week went by fast XD Now 22 hours until Yasuko to Kenji 8D;;

I have to wait for the raw torrent too... those links don't work :( I really wondered what I missed in the first 20 minutes.

IceFight

Post by IceFight » Jul 11th, '08, 15:36

All I remember from the first 20 minutes was
Kumada's funeral, Ohno's character giving a little girl a teddy bear, Toma and his friends in a bar and Toma's character's Dad's assistant/maid finding cards of some kind. xD
I also dunno if you guys know but the card that Ohno sent Toma's friend was The Moon (I'm pretty sure it was). I don't know what it means. xD
My net cut out about twice so I missed about 10 minutes of it. xD

Anyway I can't wait for the soft subs to be out. ^_^ And I also can't wait for next week. It looks pretty intense.

laceytam

Post by laceytam » Jul 11th, '08, 16:36

when the story is exactly like the korean version then it means ohno likes ryoko but why he always look so evil when he look at her?

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 11th, '08, 16:56

Maybe that's the twist that sets this apart from the Korean version..?

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 11th, '08, 17:05

@Ladymercury
is that Ryo and Ohkura on ur banner and avatar??? :O
look like they playing the scene in ep9 with Sousuke beating Ruka :lol

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 11th, '08, 17:21

Yes! Yes it is! It totally is a reenactment of the episode 9 scene. They did it at Tokyo Dome after their Torn performance LOL. It even had the " Sousuke Beats Up People " BGM that they usually play in Last Friends, HAHAHAH

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 11th, '08, 17:37

haha...it must be so funny...
Ryo force kissing Ohkura^^
the concert must be so funny lol with the Sousuke BGM....
Kanjani8 always so funny^^

tsksquared

Post by tsksquared » Jul 11th, '08, 20:36

Ep 2
I thought it was pretty clever how it tricked the audience to think that he was trying to kill Serizawa's dad instead of Yuusuke. He's very good at manipulating other people without ever pointing a knife/gun at someone else.

I don't see how he's going to fall in love with Ryoko though. He's too busy avenging people (see: sasuke from naruto, Light from Death Note etc).

tsumabukis

Post by tsumabukis » Jul 11th, '08, 22:34

*Squeee!* Can't wait for the subs to come out!!

Was busy working last night, so I couldn't concentrate fully on the Japanese, so there were parts I didn't understand.

But I have decided that I love Toma's acting in it. Maybe I'm totally biased (ok, take out the "maybe"!), but I think he's playing the character perfectly.

It'll be interesting to watch the original version after this one. I refuse to watch it now, cuz I don't want to spoil it for myself. And I think it'll be interesting hearing the differences in opinion between the people who have and haven't watched the original.

I have to say that I am in love with Riida's evil smirk! I have a big screen TV, and it sends chills down my spine every time he does it! :lol

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 12th, '08, 02:23

HA! that was tricky!! :lol
i really thought the next victim would be serizawa's father, but it was his friend :O
and the librarian saw the teddy bear on the girls arms! wow, at first i thought, why would he give it to the little girl, but it turned out to be that woman's daughter :whistling:, i like this drama a lot! so much suspense :lol

IceFight

Post by IceFight » Jul 12th, '08, 02:37

Here's a description of it on ki-ra.net
During Kumada's funeral, Ryo shows up and Eisaku allows him to stay despite him being the lawyer of Hayashi. Naoto also reveals that he hasn't given up on the case until he finds Amano Makoto. In Ryo's memories, it's revealed that Kumada had also shown up at Hideo's funeral but Ryo's mother kicked him out and shortly afterwards, his mother collapsed and Ryo found himself kneeling in front of 2 portraits. Naoto and his friends meet up at a bar and Souda happens to have brought a picture of all four of them from the time Naoto stabbed Hideo. Souda also happened to invite Ryo as a show of thanks. But when Souda gets drunk, he starts getting defensive and subtly brings up the past and an all-out brawl begins between the four high school friends while Ryo looks on. He leaves quietly and the next day makes a visit to the library yet again and talks about lillies with Shiori. Ryo also makes his a visit to his next tool in revenge along with a new tarot card. Naoto receives a new tarot card "The Moon" along with a letter from 'Amano'. He concludes the next target might be his father and runs off to warn him but he doesn't believe him. Ryo makes yet another visit to Shiori at the library who sees a bit of a past from touching one of the lillies he touched. On their way home, Shiori excitedly invites him to her shop for some coffee and Ryo agrees to come one day. Hitoshi, another of Naoto's friends tries to get a debt out of a woman named Shinitani Tae who also happens to be Ryo's next tool and one of Eisaku's hotel maids in the office . She receives a box from Amano and while she's tidying up Eisaku's room, Eisaku mistakens her for trying to take his money while she's fixing his clothes and kicks her out. While Naoto tries to find out who Amano is, Ryo stops by Shiori's home for coffee and Naoto makes another visit as well with his latest red envelope in hand. Ryo leaves unwillingly as Shiori manages to tell reveal enough about the card to Naoto including "bear stuffed toy, a statue with wings in a hotel, and someone holding a gun" pinpointing all to his father's hotel. Naoto immediately heads over to his father's hotel and calls his brother to get their dad to a safe place. Ryo heads over to the hotel for a meeting with Naoto's father but only warns him that he needs his rest or else he might miss something important in his cases. Tae's daughter, Sora, goes missing just as Hitoshi receives a box with a bear stuffed animal as well as The Moon tarot card from 'Amano Makoto'. When Naoto finds out, he rushes over just as Ryo offers to help Shiori with her charity bazaar in front of the church. Tae makes her way to Hitoshi's new office and begs for her daughter but when she sees the teddy bear that her daughter had, she pulls out a gun threatening for her daughter. By the time Naoto gets to Hitoshi's place, he's already shot and with the end of the charity bazaar, Ryo and Shiori run into Sora crying with her teddy bear, the teddy bear being the one Shiori saw in her vision.
I also don't see much going on between Ryoko and Ohno. I think Toma is more likely to get with the female detective. xD

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Jul 12th, '08, 03:04

AHahah
I totally thought there was going to be a gun inside the teddy bear.. LOL.. but yeah, I was really surprised as everyone else was on the friend's death... wahh can't wait for next ep :D

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 12th, '08, 08:26

But
What did his friend die of? Heart attack? I saw no blood from a gunshot wound

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 12th, '08, 10:15

Asthma rememeber episode 1? he had an inhaler

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 12th, '08, 14:12

But we still have someone out there with a gun.... It takes a lot more to trigger an asthma attack of that multitude

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 12th, '08, 14:24

^
its a pepper gun. remember they said "what's the smell?!" as they entered the room. its pepper gun, more effective than a mere pepper spray.
I also know this because I watched the original :|

another thing.. didn't you guys noticed Sora (the lil' girl) didn't recognize Naruse? she didn't recognize him. so, this means...
*dum.. dum..dum...*
:fear:

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 12th, '08, 14:37

so that explained why he he could'nt breath

Sloth

Post by Sloth » Jul 12th, '08, 14:40

Aaah it's a pepper gun... So she didn't really kill him, it's because he had asthma. Well, I guess that's the way Naruse will defend her ^^

I was wondering why the little girl didn't recognize Naruse... So you mean he has an accomplice? I thought that was too risky for him to give the teddy bear to Sora... Using another person makes more sense.

One question : does Naruse know about Shiori helping Naoto with her powers? He didn't seem to be surprised when he saw Naoto at the Café...

IceFight

Post by IceFight » Jul 12th, '08, 14:58

Ah now I get the whole gun thing now *doesn't understand much Japanese* Thank you ^^

And that's also another interesting point about the girl not recognising him... I really wonder what the whole story with that was.

I think Naruse probably does know, but knowing him it's probably apart of his plan. But then again he is quite calm about most things and doesn't react

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 12th, '08, 14:59

^
One question : does Naruse know about Shiori helping Naoto with her powers? He didn't seem to be surprised when he saw Naoto at the Café...
He knows. He just wants to screw around with Naoto by planting false clues using Shiori's power. Eeeeeevil

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 12th, '08, 15:03

I think that's the only reason why he's getting closer... to work around her and know what she's thinking and doing with the police...

Sloth

Post by Sloth » Jul 12th, '08, 15:04

aishoni2 wrote:^
He knows. He just wants to screw around with Naoto by planting false clues using Shiori's power. Eeeeeevil
Eeeh??? I thought their meeting was a coincidence and that Ryo would fall in love with her against his will or something like that... He's using her? I can't imagine Oh-chan being so mean lol.
Now that I think of it, he must have bought the tarot cards somewhere... Shiori must know he has tarot cards, right? I think he plays with fire staying close to that girl...

IceFight

Post by IceFight » Jul 12th, '08, 15:13

^
But remember Sora didn't recognise him, so there's definitely something up. Shiori also said she had met him before. So who knows what's going on with his presence. :P

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 12th, '08, 15:14

@ladymercury & sloth:
that was the plan but it'll back fire. he will fall in love with her eventually
well... i think that what's suppose to happen. he had no heart and she will make him have a new one. the love between librarian and lawyer was slightly different in the original. the lawyer used her too but had liked her from the start. he was drawn to her.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 12th, '08, 15:16

Wow, this all sounds so complex. x_X I had to bring manga into this again, but this whole relationship reminds me -- a lot of Misa and Light.

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 12th, '08, 15:26

yeah.. the original was quite complex with pain in each of the 20 episodes x_x
it does feel like Death Note doesn't it? And its more apparent in this Japanese version than the original. The Korean one was more of cleverly playing with your emotions rather than high speed complex suspense.

IceFight

Post by IceFight » Jul 12th, '08, 15:38

Now that you mention it, their relationship does seem like Misa and Light.
And I thought from the beginning it reminded me of Death Note. ^^

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 12th, '08, 15:43

but i hate Misa. she's kind of a bimbo right? (can't remember ^^;;)
Hae In / Shiori is so much wiser ♥

IceFight

Post by IceFight » Jul 12th, '08, 15:44

Lol true. ^^

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 12th, '08, 15:46

uhm yeah theirs only one diffrence Sakita (the girl) is not the type kind of girl misa is. Ohno is like Light. killing someone in secret while he acts all friendly and calm.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 12th, '08, 16:26

aishoni2 wrote:yeah.. the original was quite complex with pain in each of the 20 episodes x_x
it does feel like Death Note doesn't it? And its more apparent in this Japanese version than the original. The Korean one was more of cleverly playing with your emotions rather than high speed complex suspense.
I got a total death note vibe from this. I guess Naruse screams Light at me. I wonder how his Korean counterpart is...

And people, I do not mean that she IS Misa, I am saying the relationship is comparable to Misa and Light's.

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 12th, '08, 16:32

i know that i was just saying too.

IceFight

Post by IceFight » Jul 12th, '08, 16:44

I got what you meant as well. I think the relationship is like Light and Misa's. ^^

Sloth

Post by Sloth » Jul 12th, '08, 17:16

Mmm Naruse doesn't make me think of Light.

Have you ever seen Light cry?
I think Naruse is much more human and his goal is not to become a God lol.

And Light has no remorse at all... Have you noticed that in the episode 3 preview, Naruse looks like he regrets the fact that he used Sora's mother?

And I didn't talk about Misa... Her relationship with Light is kinda weird. He uses her just like Naruse but has no feeling at all towards her.

I really hope Ryo/Shiori relationship will be healthier...

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 12th, '08, 17:24

no his goal is diffrent right but his perosnality. okay maybe not he probaly won't go crazy like light but calm as light he is.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 12th, '08, 17:26

Hmmm, I am not to say that Naruse is a spitting image of Light, nor are their characters the same... But the things that strikenly put the two in the same catagory are:

1) Hiding under the veil of Justice but yet comitting murder
2) Killing for own personal gratification in their warped sense of justice and redemption
and finally
3) Being compared to gods.

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 12th, '08, 17:31

Naruse is an devil... but people call him an angel not an god.

IceFight

Post by IceFight » Jul 12th, '08, 17:37

Ladymercury wrote:Hmmm, I am not to say that Naruse is a spitting image of Light, nor are their characters the same... But the things that strikenly put the two in the same catagory are:

1) Hiding under the veil of Justice but yet comitting murder
2) Killing for own personal gratification in their warped sense of justice and redemption
and finally
3) Being compared to gods.
I agree with you. ^^

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Jul 12th, '08, 23:19

TsubasaDragon wrote:Naruse is an devil... but people call him an angel not an god.
He is widely known as the angel lawyer, but he has been called a "God"... first episode, in the first 5 minutes, he was told he was god multiple times by his client.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 13th, '08, 00:28

Yep, exactly.

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 13th, '08, 00:56

Ladymercury wrote:
aishoni2 wrote:yeah.. the original was quite complex with pain in each of the 20 episodes x_x
I got a total death note vibe from this. I guess Naruse screams Light at me. I wonder how his Korean counterpart is...

And people, I do not mean that she IS Misa, I am saying the relationship is comparable to Misa and Light's.
True, true. Especially Ohno kinda looks like the guy who played Light in the movie xD. There's the Light vibe for Seung Ha (the lawyer in Mawang) however I can accept why he wanted to kill even more so than Naruse.
He was the youngest in the family and was left to fend for himself unlike Naruse who is the oldest male in his family so he is more mature/independent. Seung Ha was a screwed up sad little boy
... but Naruse have this cockiness the same as Light.

LOL. I get what you mean. I just don't like Misa and LOVE the librarian in the original. She was so wise and positive. Full of light ♥
Hoping Shiori will turn out as amazing as her :)
Last edited by aishoni2 on Jul 13th, '08, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.

raiseplus

Post by raiseplus » Jul 13th, '08, 02:08

its not a pepper gun its a gas gun. the smell is gas. i just looked it up on the korean mawang drama summary site. when sora mom sprays the gun its a mist that comes out.. i dont think pepper gun causes hazards when accident eating it lol. after all pepper is eatable. maybe for the eyes..
i agree seungha ( lawyer in original ) was young and they even mention that when his mom and brother died, his age limit stopped (metaphorically) like he cant escape from his past. so his grudge he holds is still fresh in his memory, he took on the grudge with him till he had enough power to start taking on revenge with his ...... haha. anyway so it makes sense that he goes after every1 that was involved with the death of his older brother in some way.

ohno has that fierce, im going to get u NOW. vibe lol. with the whole x mark on the dead victims n knifing their pictures.. i was like" wow calm down " lol