[Discussion] Code Blue (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
claza

Post by claza » Feb 14th, '10, 19:44

I'm enjoying season 2 a lot, LOT more than I am season 1. There's just so much more character development. I really am enjoying all the different kinds of situation the doctor's are facing also.

H a n a

Post by H a n a » Feb 14th, '10, 21:47

hiii everybody !!!
how are you all ??
I think most of you watched the first episodes from code blue 2
there is a slow song that's always being repeated...it is nice
I checked for it in the first seasons ost but i didnt find it
so do you think there will be another ost for the second season ?

AhMeD1LoT

Post by AhMeD1LoT » Feb 15th, '10, 12:43

H a n a wrote:hiii everybody !!!
how are you all ??
I think most of you watched the first episodes from code blue 2
there is a slow song that's always being repeated...it is nice
I checked for it in the first seasons ost but i didnt find it
so do you think there will be another ost for the second season ?
i am looking for it too !!! it is look like from titanic OST XD

menaine

Post by menaine » Feb 17th, '10, 12:56

OST for CB2 different with the first season
They release CB2 OST on 8 March 2010

gaurisharma

Post by gaurisharma » Feb 17th, '10, 14:59

oh my god...i finally managed to log in...!!!! yippeee!!!!! after trying to figure out why i couldn't!!!
oh well....back to CB2....i have to say, im absolutely loving this season!!! everyone's matured up beautifully and the attention given to personal growth is working for me....

well....i could do with a lil more (a lot more actually) of shiraishi/aizawa....but oh well....

AhMeD1LoT

Post by AhMeD1LoT » Feb 18th, '10, 05:01

menaine wrote:OST for CB2 different with the first season
They release CB2 OST on 8 March 2010
thank you for the INFO that's exactly what i need to hear ^^

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Feb 20th, '10, 16:31

Episode 6 is a tear jerker

AhMeD1LoT

Post by AhMeD1LoT » Feb 20th, '10, 17:31

i can't wait to see it !!!

gaurisharma

Post by gaurisharma » Feb 20th, '10, 19:20

yes...ep 6...
i can't really wait for 7 to com out because it will be hilarious to some extent....going by some pics iv seen, i think shiriashi be drunk....

fyltro

Post by fyltro » Feb 20th, '10, 19:44

I agree with everyone in that I like being shown a more mature side of the doctors and there's plenty more character development, I like it a lot.

P.S: I'm just starting to want to shake Yamapi and tell him "please!!!!! show some emotions in your voice!!!", always the same flat voice in all his dramas". I mean I remember his acting in Nobuta wo Produce and it was great, but then, after that it is ALWAYS acting the "cool" guy in situations when even the "cool guys" would throw a b-fit.

Sorry for the rant but I hate it when one of the main characters is not well played and sort of ruins the mood.

AhMeD1LoT

Post by AhMeD1LoT » Feb 21st, '10, 08:41

yamapi is cool to act cool guy

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Feb 21st, '10, 14:37

Hoping they reveal more about Tachibana's past, i like his character.

AhMeD1LoT

Post by AhMeD1LoT » Feb 21st, '10, 15:49

i can't wait for code blue 2nd OST if no one gonna upload it i am gonna have to buy it from yesasia XD

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Feb 22nd, '10, 13:25

I agree this season is much better than last season they feel more likeable this season as well. Wonder if this series will be a long running multiple seasons series like Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji.

gaurisharma

Post by gaurisharma » Feb 22nd, '10, 20:15

ZoddGuts wrote:I agree this season is much better than last season they feel more likeable this season as well. Wonder if this series will be a long running multiple seasons series like Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji.
i most certainly hope that the series does have multiple seasons...and many at that too...

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Feb 23rd, '10, 00:53

That would be nice :D more Shiraishi, Hiyama and Saejima <3

gaurisharma

Post by gaurisharma » Feb 25th, '10, 12:56

ep 7 seems to be amazing!!! can't wait for the subs and episode 8 to come out.....

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Feb 25th, '10, 13:09

ZoddGuts wrote:I agree this season is much better than last season they feel more likeable this season as well. Wonder if this series will be a long running multiple seasons series like Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji.
I just keep having the feeling that this will be the last season because they are bringing out the whole backstory of the characters, plus the hospital is a teaching hospital, and I cannot see them keeping more than one of them.

FlyingCrispi

Post by FlyingCrispi » Mar 6th, '10, 16:25

Just thought I'd let you all know, Code Blue Season 2 OST has been released and is available over at yesasia and cdJapan.

Here's the track list:

1. Code Blue
2. Vivid Circling
3. Evident Sequence
4. Mindful Hue
5. Plaster Hereafter
6. Dab
7. Stabbing Revolve
8. Subsist
9. Fairness
10. Longing Descant
11. Portray Do
12. Honorable Tune
13. Advance Influence
14. HANABI〜Code Blue strings version〜

So who wants to spend $27,75 / 20,36€ / 2500¥ and upload it for everyone else? :D

dflowen

Post by dflowen » Mar 9th, '10, 20:49

Someone upload it please.

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Mar 10th, '10, 13:40

looks like ep 10 will be action packed!

FlyingCrispi

Post by FlyingCrispi » Mar 10th, '10, 21:05

I found a link on RayFile, HERE, bit it keeps saying : 由于近期各地网络情况变化较多,可能会有部分地区出现临时断网情况,请您稍后刷新访问,给您带来不便,我们深表歉意。
Does it work for anyone?

cozjetez

Post by cozjetez » Mar 11th, '10, 00:27

@FlyingCrispi thanks so much!! I finally got it to work, I'm trying to upload the OST right now. Hopefully it won't take long, I'm a bit of a newbie:)

cozjetez

Post by cozjetez » Mar 11th, '10, 01:23

ok, uploading a torrent is not happening right now, it's giving me a headache!
Here's the link

I hope it's ok to post this here, it'd be great if someone else could download it and upload the torrent :D

FlyingCrispi

Post by FlyingCrispi » Mar 11th, '10, 08:07

Cozjetez, you are my new hero!!!

I made a torrent file of the OST but it won't upload here, so I'll upload it on the pirate bay when I get back from school!

[EDIT] It just wont work! Sorry.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 11th, '10, 11:19

Give me two hours, you will get the OST here^^

Update: OST is up^^ :salut:

gaurisharma

Post by gaurisharma » Mar 13th, '10, 08:33

u guys are great!!! thanx!!!

AhMeD1LoT

Post by AhMeD1LoT » Mar 14th, '10, 11:39

i am sad that the OST is missing two tracks one Code blue piano ver. and HANABI piano ver. please anyone know where i can get it inform me

Hydeister

Post by Hydeister » Mar 28th, '10, 11:43

lol weird nobody is discussing the final episode around here!
Anyway I thought it was great and the 2nd season is MUCH better than the first one. Loved the OST!

I think there's gonna be a 3rd season :mrgreen:

archive18

Post by archive18 » Mar 28th, '10, 12:45

Still on episode 7 :-( Just waiting for the guys from Querbeet to have the time to finishing subbing this series.

While we are here, I would like to say that I really am so thanksfull that there are guys out there like Querbeet who take the trouble to sub these series for us. :salut: :salut:

MANY THANKS

nantarotoyo

Post by nantarotoyo » Apr 3rd, '10, 02:06

i love yamaP :wub: :wub: :wub:

gaurisharma

Post by gaurisharma » Apr 4th, '10, 18:26

lol...don't a lot of us???

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Apr 25th, '10, 13:36

not sure if someone beat me to this but I think perhaps an official wallpaper for this series would come in handy.

I stumbled on this through somewhere else I cannot for the life of me recall where.
If it's a dupe let me know so I can drop it.

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Apr 27th, '10, 12:20

Ahh~~ I didn't want it to end, the series I meant, but it did. I finished watching the second season and currently happen to be somewhat in denial lol... Still, it was a fun season to watch, I didn't realize just how much I missed the characters (especially Aizawa :wub: ) until I watched the first episode :mrgreen: Now, I'm gonna miss it more that the second season is over :cry: I want another season! Okay... Spoiler ahead...
To be honest, it was overall a good season. I was wondering what else was there for the to tell. At first, I didn't like Tachibana at all, it felt as if they were trying to replace Kuroda - and I liked Kuroda a lot, despite him being a pain in the you know where. Though as the series progress, you'd notice that he wasn't replacing Kuroda at all, he was bringing a different set of air to the team. Kuroda was a serious and no-nonsense doctor, he kept his private life and work separated. To me at least, it doesn't seemed to be the case with Tachibana. Even when he's dedicated to his work, he had his skeleton buried in his closet, though he was good, he can sometime be too arrogant that I find it hard to make excuses for that. Still, he was far more liked by the staffs compare to Kuroda.

I like the whole dynamic when it comes to Aizawa, he is probably the only character I could barely understand at times. He shows lack of emotion and pretty much almost lack of remorse to anyone. Though, you'd see that it wasn't the case. Aizawa is probably the most considerate character among the four. He would say what needed to be heard rather than what someone wanted to hear. Those things make him looked tactless, but I believe that's what made him a better person and a better doctor compare to the three (and the fact Yamapi :wub: plays the character helps :mrgreen: ) I like how he slowly learned to make peace with facts from his past which he knew nothing off and how he was far more forgiven than anyone would give him credit for. He was definitely the kind of character that I'd like to see again... Still, why did he chose Neurosurgery at the end?? I mean, I was so sure he'd stay in Life Saving... I was somewhat shocked...

Still, I liked it that Fujikawa did graduate... I was practically cheering when they revealed that. I was so sure he was going to fail and would have to repeat the fellowship. He's a good doctor at all. It amazes me though, that out of the four, he was the only one who seemed to be still in touch with Kuroda and was on the very best terms. And to think he and Kuroda didn't see eye to eye when they first started out. They seemed to have formed that mutual respect towards each other. Though, the fact Fujikawa kept mentioning Kuroda at the beginning of the season did irritate me a little.

I feel bad for Shiraishi, the fact that her father was diagnosed with cancer was probably the hardest thing she had to deal with. She came out from being the timid to the strong one and then to the heartless one and finally back to the timid one, she really did come full circle throughout the series lol... Still, I liked how she regained her confidence and her vow to be just as good of a doctor as her father was so that she would make him proud.

Hiyama had to repeat the fellowship? What? That was my respond... Still, I think she had a long way to learn when it comes to that. She had always been the hothead one and she would charge forward at full speed. I think I have this sort of love/hate thing towards her at first, actually, I still do. It was pretty sad that she had to repeat, but I'm glad to see that she took it well. I suppose, Hiyama is Hiyama.

Saejima... Really, the fact that Satoshi finally died and died without her by his side was really sad. I actually felt compelled to cry as well. I like the pairing for Saejimi/Fujikawa, but still, if Satoshi was fine and a cure could be found, etc, I think Satoshi was probably her best match. Though towards the end, it seemed like she began to notice Fujikawa's differences and his kindness. I wonder whether those two would actually end up together at the end. It would be nice... Fujikawa is definitely a nice person.
Still, I really wanna see Code Blue 3...
Too bad Aizawa won't be there... He chose Neurosurgery after all, I wonder whether he'd be back to Life Saving

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Apr 28th, '10, 19:19

guess I agree with WickedVampireGirl here...

What... Code blue 3 ??? When where nande.... Muaaah

alicelee

Post by alicelee » Apr 29th, '10, 08:49

Just finished the Blue Code 2. Will definately watch the Season 3 if it is really coming out :P

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Apr 29th, '10, 11:17

Wonder whether they'd make it though... Coz well, the ending... Really don't wanna give any spoiler...

gaurisharma

Post by gaurisharma » Apr 29th, '10, 18:40

they just mite make a third season....and well, cover more of the hospital life than always going on cases...
oh well....i really hope one does come along...i was very bummed by the lack of romance...

SouthsideIrish

Post by SouthsideIrish » May 2nd, '10, 13:52

Just finished watching the finale and I think they have left an opening for a third season as there are still some questions left to be answered. Ratings not quite as high as the first season, but still averaged over 16.5%, so I guess it all comes down to whether Fuji is making money on it, cause it must be an expensive show to make.

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » May 2nd, '10, 14:36

Well, a third season would be great. I would love to see more of the characters. They each have their own problems and demons to face which makes them really interesting to me. I can't lie and say I don't find Aizawa the most interesting of all lol... Still, yeah, if they cover more of the hospital it would be nice as well. I mean, in the first season they don't really get much of Saijo, but the second, he was pretty involved. I still remember the third episode lol... That one scene with Saijo made me laugh for days.

To be honest, I don't really bother about the lack of romance. I mean, all in all, it's a drama about a fellowship and how people grow from what they see. I don't see romance as a necessary factor to begin with. There are way too many things for the characters to handle other than romances. And true, the rating hadn't be as high as the first season, but if somehow Fuji makes enough money of it, maybe we'd see a third season. I'd love to see a third season really. I mean, I wanna know what happen... Like...
Aizawa for instance, will he ever return to Life Saving? Will he chose to continue to be a surgeon? Will he go to Heart Surgery after finishing Neurosugery as Hiyama predicted? I gotta say, I'm on my toes whenever I thought of where Aizawa future would lead to...

And Hiyama, would she graduate finally? Will she screw up again? Had she learned from her former self? Will she be a cold doctor? Had her experiences changed her? I got curious whenever I thought of possibilities when it comes to Hiyama.

Shiraishi on the other hand, I wanna know whether she would be able to deal with her father's eventual demise and the fact he would be gone, would that eventually change her? Will she be as good of a doctor as her father? Will she find it enough to stay in Life Saving?

Fujikawa... Seriously, I wanna know whether he would eventually ask Saejima out on a date. I really don't care about the lack of romance on the series, but the fact that Fujikawa hadn't really set things straight or in motion at all with Saejima irritates me on so many levels. I mean, he knows he's a good doctor (maybe not half as good as Aizawa, but...) and he's a good person too... I wonder whether he'd realize that sooner than later...

Saejima... To be honest, I'd like to see her get over the death of her boyfriend. I mean, I don't wanna sound cold or anything -- but people die and you can't really do anything to stop that at all. What you can do is make peace with that and live the life you're meant to live. I wish she'd notice Fujikawa a bit more, though it seemed like she's slowly noticing his qualities...

Oh for the love of -- Todoroki & Morimoto on and off again relationship and the whole game between the two gets to me. That girl really had to make up her mind and stop fooling around and seriously... Morimoto had to learn to take charge -- for someone who's competent at his job, he can be quite pathetic when it comes to the woman he loves... Sad reality.

I wonder what would happen to Mitsui and Tachibana though, the look like they're on good terms -- finally. I wonder whether they'd get back together. It seemed like they do genuinely still have that feeling towards each other...
Still, like SouthsideIrish said, it must be an expensive show to make...

CHD

Post by CHD » May 14th, '10, 01:15

There seen to be a missing music from the OST, not sure anyone notice. Its a piano solo, played in the SP near the end when Hiyama woke up from the operation. I couldn't find it in either season 1 or 2 OST.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » May 14th, '10, 09:49

Well, since the SP is not in season 1, or even season 2, then why would you even expect to see it in a OST? So, they most likely never intended to release it.

CHD

Post by CHD » May 14th, '10, 10:08

wmcnair370 wrote:Well, since the SP is not in season 1, or even season 2, then why would you even expect to see it in a OST? So, they most likely never intended to release it.
The music also in Season 1 and 2...

CHD

Post by CHD » May 17th, '10, 05:23

AhMeD1LoT wrote:i am sad that the OST is missing two tracks one Code blue piano ver. and HANABI piano ver. please anyone know where i can get it inform me
Agree, there are missing piano music from the OST, same as Code blue season 1 OST.

Juneau

Post by Juneau » Mar 15th, '11, 16:43

through with season 1, thrilled to watch season 2 and trying not to read too many spoilers for it, but I'm honest I love it but I'd like to see more interaction between the characters. oh oh... report back with season 2 I guess, and I'd like to see a season 3 coming up. *keeps fingers crossed*

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 15th, '11, 18:08

It's been awhile since I watched this wonderful show and I really want a 3rd season for 2 reasons.

More Erika Toda is always a good thing.

Second I'd like to see the outcome of the budding relation between Aizawa, who unlike most of you I find boring and the least interesting of the five main characters, and Shiraishi, Saejima and Fujikawa, and the resolution of Todoroki and Morimoto's relationship.

electricBonBon

Post by electricBonBon » Sep 9th, '11, 01:33

^I absolutely agree to that!

I really want to know what could have happened between Aizawa and Shiraishi after the end of the 2nd season. There was just something between them. It's not too bad that they didn't end up together, because that happens in sooo many dramas, but I'd love them to be together or in a romance, after all.

A special would be okay, too, but a 3rd season would be so much better!

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Nov 14th, '11, 04:55

I mostly agree with the above two posts...but the *mostly* comes because of trepidation on my part.

I've always hoped for a sequel for many things, but when I get it, it tends to destroy the original for whatever reason. Code Blue actually improved upon itself from Season 1 => Special => Season 2. That said, I really want a season 3, but I don't want them suddenly destroying the entire franchise (for me) by doing something weird/unorthodox.

That being said: every few weeks I Google search -Code Blue jdrama 2011 news- and each time I come up empty. TT____TT It's getting depressing. Please come out with a new season! I heard a rumor somewhere that Season 3 wasn't coming along because of high production costs? Perhaps that was here, perhaps that was somewhere else, perhaps I heard it about a different drama. The point being: the ratings actually improved between Season 1 and Season 2...so I don't see why they wouldn't make another. D: I mean, much less successful dramas get many sequels! Why shouldn't a series as successful as this get one more?

sleepysleepy

Post by sleepysleepy » Jan 22nd, '12, 10:14

I'd love to have a season 3, too! I really really love Code Blue; I've watched and re-watched so many times and I can't seem to get sick of it. It's even making me consider going to med school.

Anyway, some things I'd love to see in a third season:

1. A bit more romance. Just a tiny bit. Maybe something more between Morimoto and Todoroki, and Saejima and Fujikawa. Also, I'd really like to see what would happen to Mitsui and Tachibana's relationship, especially since they kinda reconciled in season 2.
-- also, contrary to several previous posts, I couldn't imagine anything happening between Aizawa and Shiraishi. I don't know. For some reason, I really don't see it.

2. Aizawa as part of the Neurosurgery department, and what happened to Hiyama since she repeated the fellowship.

3. Now that they're legitimate flight doctors, naturally there would be new doctors in the Fellowship. So yeah, I'd love to see them act as senpais to newbies in training.