[Discussion] Tomorrow - Upcoming Yutaka Takenouchi Drama !!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
greenspy

[Discussion] Tomorrow - Upcoming Yutaka Takenouchi Drama !!

Post by greenspy » Jun 22nd, '08, 20:49

I'm a huge fan of Yutaka Takenouchi
So glad that there will be upcoming his Drama next season!!

Does Anyone wait for Tomorrow?
He will star with Miho Kanno!!
What a wonderful cast !!!!

Details

* Title: Tomorrow
* Format: Renzoku
* Genre: Medical drama
* Broadcast network: TBS
* Broadcast period: 2008-Jul-06 to
* Air time: Sunday 21:00
* Theme song: Hikari by Hoshimura Mai

Synopsis

Takenouchi plays a surgeon who retired 8 years ago to work for the municipal government. However, he ends up returning to the profession to help a local hospital on the verge of bankruptcy. Kanno plays a co-worker, taking on the role of a nurse for the first time in her acting career. -- Tokyograph (http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-3215)

Cast

* Takenouchi Yutaka as Moriyama Kohei
* Kanno Miho as Tanaka Aiko
* Ogawa Tamaki as Endou Saya
* Kurokawa Tomoko as Tanaka Nanami
* Edo Harumi (エドはるみ) as Harada Kazuko
* Nagata Akira (永田彬) as Kato Keita
* Hashimoto Mami (橋本真実) as Sugiyama Mai
* Arimura Miki as Takizawa Nozomi
* Akita Makoto as Mishima Chinatsu
* Ujiie Megumi as Hashimoto Satoko
* Muramatsu Toshifumi as Kaneko Ayumi
* Rokkaku Shinji (六角慎司) as Yabuuchi Jirou
* Tanaka Minoru as Kataoka Koichi
* Shiga Kotaro as Kakinuma Kotarou
* Osawa Akane as Yasuda Ryoko
* Matsuda Miyuki as Yasuda Sanae
* Nagashima Eiko as Tanaka Yoshimi
* Jinnai Takanori as Hasumi Yoji(special appearance)
* Kishibe Ittoku as Sendou Ikuo

Links
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tomorrow_%282008%29
http://www.tbs.co.jp/Tomorrow2008/
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/top/gt200805/gt2008051911.html
Last edited by greenspy on Jun 23rd, '08, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 22nd, '08, 21:48

I am really looking forward for this one. was missing Yutaka so much. will watch it for sure.
i hope a fansub group pick up this project too.
thanks for info

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jun 22nd, '08, 23:18

I'm onboard for this one! I was missing Yutaka too, and I'm fond of medical dramas anyhow.

Haruspex
Fansubber
Fansubber

"Tomorrow"

Post by Haruspex » Jun 22nd, '08, 23:54

Hi greenspy,

Thanks for starting a discussion for the series "Tomorrow." It looks like it will be an interesting one, with a great cast. (I especially enjoy seeing Miho Kanno series)!

After speaking with my usual editor Phoenix, we've decided we would like to try and translate this series in softsub format. Hopefully everyone will look forward to those.

Thanks,

Haruspex

Kazuya_

Re: "Tomorrow"

Post by Kazuya_ » Jun 23rd, '08, 01:11

Haruspex wrote:
Thanks for starting a discussion for the series "Tomorrow." It looks like it will be an interesting one, with a great cast. (I especially enjoy seeing Miho Kanno series)!

After speaking with my usual editor Phoenix, we've decided we would like to try and translate this series in softsub format. Hopefully everyone will look forward to those.

Thanks,

Haruspex
I'm looking forward to this drama too and it's great to hear you'll be subbing it. Your subs are excellent! Good luck with the project!

laifalove

Post by laifalove » Jun 23rd, '08, 02:06

Haruspex wrote:Hi greenspy,

Thanks,

Haruspex
I've noticed that you seem to do mostly softsubs, is it possible for you and your editor to create hardsubs as well? Thanks!

toma_sis

Post by toma_sis » Jun 23rd, '08, 11:38

YAY... tommorrow will have softsubs... looking forward to your subs Haruspex :)
This is one of my waiting list drama..
miss Yutaka..and I also like Kanno Miho...

Thanks ..YAY ^--^

greenspy

Post by greenspy » Jun 23rd, '08, 17:31

Thanks,

Haruspex
That's so great!!
I've just posted a discussion and come to see a reply today.
I never thought that I would receive a good news from you.
I don't know how to thanks you for helping sub this drama!!

Thank you so much Haruspex and Phoenix!!
(I think your work is really quick in Around 40 drama^^)

You are the best to choose this interesting drama...
Everyone and I are looking forward to your sub!!!
Last edited by greenspy on Jun 24th, '08, 04:58, edited 1 time in total.

crimsonmai

Post by crimsonmai » Jun 23rd, '08, 18:06

Haruspex wrote: After speaking with my usual editor Phoenix, we've decided we would like to try and translate this series in softsub format. Hopefully everyone will look forward to those.

Thanks,

Haruspex
Yay for soft subs! I'm really looking forward to this!

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jun 23rd, '08, 20:00

Thank you, Haruspex and Phoenix! You're subs are always wonderful. So glad you're interested in this one! :mrgreen:

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Jun 23rd, '08, 20:08

I am very excited for this drama. I'm a big fan of Kanno Miho! =DD

Thank you so much for subbing this Haruspex and Phoenix! <3

lunas

Post by lunas » Jun 23rd, '08, 21:57

Very exciting about this series. I'm so glad that Yutaka Takenouchi is back. :D Thank you both Haruspex and Phoenix for subbing this series.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jun 25th, '08, 12:33

15s trailer:

Code: Select all

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=WsCUzu-LYQ8

ay_link
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ay_link » Jun 25th, '08, 21:45

Thanks,

Haruspex
Thank you so much :wub:
I just read the news today, and the name Yutaka itself completely makes me weak in the knees lol.. keke..

Looking forward in seeing this with your subs.. :salut: Thank you for taking time to sub this dorama!

Haruspex
Fansubber
Fansubber

"Tomorrow" web site

Post by Haruspex » Jun 26th, '08, 20:43

Hi all,

Thought I'd translate a few parts of the official web site for "Tomorrow" for those who might be interested.

First up is the Introduction page, which can be found here:

http://www.tbs.co.jp/Tomorrow2008/
Introduction:

In the red for 3 Billion yen, the human drama of a surgeon and nurse who fight to rebuild a hospital about to go bankrupt!!

What with the problem of unpaid pensions, the final stages of the health care system for the elderly and various other issues these days, we carry a high level of anxiety about the medical care we may receive. However, the scene of that medical care itself is also raising a loud scream.

Nowadays, one of the problems facing the medical sector is, "The hospital is going bankrupt," as well as medical malpractice. Lately, due to cuts in the nation's medical cost structures, harsh working conditions, low pay and extreme judgements against those in the medical sector, more and more doctors are leaving the general hospitals that real patients need the most. Now is "The era where hospitals are disappearing from our towns." In particular, the city's municipal hospitals, etc., run by the municipalities themselves are undergoing a big pinch.

This time, utilizing a theme of the issues facing the medical sector, one surgeon stands up to the problems facing a failing hospital and it's rehabilitation in this human drama. In the role of the hero surgeon is Takenouchi Yutaka while the heroine nurse is played by Kanno Miho.

Kohei (Takenouchi Yutaka) retired from medicine 8 years earlier, changed jobs and is now a municipal office worker. Having become a civil servant, he is seen as being bright and positive and is well loved by the local residents.

However, the wound in his heart hasn't healed yet. Truth is, he has sealed away his past as a doctor, trusts no one, and lives his life having shut off his heart.

Then appears before him the nurse Aiko (Kanno Miho). After encountering her strong sense of justice and positive ways, he decides to rebuild the hospital.

And then he realizes, "It isn't over when you've lost; it's over when you've given up," and so...

The medical sector and patients confront each other with seriousness. Rebuilding a hospital and having its patients return; that also means considering the effects it will have on the local residents. The doctor who despaired of his work and shut away his heart, now finds his heart opening again due to this "Hospital Rehabilitation," and begins to walk along the path of medicine he had once abandoned. The story of a "Hospital Rehabilitation" forms the backdrop in this depiction of a person's human drama.

Takenouchi Yutaka Comments:

"The producer's intention for this drama is to show, "It isn't over when you've lost. It's over when you've given up." Those sentences reverberate straight to the heart of it. The issues facing local medical care form the basis of this drama. But, when people run up against various walls and confront them without giving up, only then can things begin to change. My wish is that the direct theme of the production will, by everyone in the audience, be received as a headline of hope for the future, and I think I'd like to play a solo doctor again."

Kanno Miho Comments:

"This is the first time I've co-starred in a drama with Takenouchi Yutaka, so I am really excited. I want to work as hard as possible to make a good production so the staff won't have to lose to the heat of summer."

Haruspex

scaturan

Post by scaturan » Jun 26th, '08, 21:12

I'm looking forward to this drama. big fan of Kanno Miho's works.

vis

Post by vis » Jun 26th, '08, 21:26

Awesome! Great cast XD And interesting story! Thank you Haruspex for picking it up :D Looking forward to this series.

Haruspex
Fansubber
Fansubber

"Tomorrow" web site II

Post by Haruspex » Jun 27th, '08, 00:06

Now on to another page from the "Tomorrow" web site, this time the Trailer page: http://www.tbs.co.jp/Tomorrow2008/trailer/

Trailer

Episode 1

Moriyama Kohei (Takenouchi Yutaka) retired from medicine 8 years before and is now a staff member for City Hall in a once flourishing coastal town. Sociable and kind, he doesn't mind dealing with troublesome duties; a rare commodity these days. However, he holds a wound in his heart. Having sealed away his past, he allows no one to get close to him, and is a man who has shut off his heart.

Then one day, Kohei comes across a pregnant woman in distress and sets foot in a hosptial, something he had avoided up until now. It is a municipal hospital, 3 billion yen in the red, and now seems to be in a situation where it will shortly go bankrupt. Naturally, there is no full-time Maternity and Gynecology Department available, so they are sent away to go to another hosptial. However, even the closest hospital is over an hour away. A nurse, Tanaka Aiko (Kanno Miho), admits them and somehow begins asking around for a doctor.

Then, out of the blue, Endou Saya (Ogawa Tamaki) appears and says, "I will examine her." A top-notch brain surgeon, she has been dispatched to be part of the core "Hospital Rehabiliatation Project" by the city. She seems to hold the idea that "Life is what money can buy," and has rehabilitated many hospitals so far...

That night, the annual Tanabata festival is being held at the busy fishing port. An accidental explosion occurs during the festival. People who were injured during the accident are brought into the municipal hospital one after another. Aiko and the others admit each of the emergency cases, but the number of doctors and nurses isn't sufficient. And to there, the pregnant woman Kohei had helped, Ryoko (Osawa Akane), is also brought in! Ryoko had gotten caught up in the accidental explosion and has respiratory burns; both mother and baby are in critical condition. At the same time, the one doctor at the disposal of the hospital, Yabuuchi Jirou (Rokkaku Shinjito) is busy tending to other patients, and so isn't available to examine Ryoko. A resolute Aiko tightly takes hold of a scalpel...

Haruspex

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Jun 27th, '08, 01:02

I
nteresting synopsis... thx Haruspex for picking this drama :salut: ... I'm a big fan of Kanno Miho... This drama definetly MUST be watch.

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jun 28th, '08, 17:42

I just recently finished Itoshi Kimi e so I was looking forward to seeing something else with Kanno Miho.

I quite honestly haven't seen a full series with Takenouchi Yutaka since Long Vacation. I'm curious to see how he looks after 10+ years.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jul 6th, '08, 02:12

Full length trailer: http://www.tbs.co.jp/Tomorrow2008/trailer/trailer01_03.html

It looks like it's going to be a very intense first ep.

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Jul 6th, '08, 05:43

today is primeire... looking forward....

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jul 7th, '08, 00:35

1st episode ratings:

16.8% 21:00-22:09 TBS [新]日曜劇場・Tomorrow-陽はまたのぼる-

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jul 7th, '08, 02:50

Just watched "Tomorrow" ep1.
It was a bit overdramatic in the middle, but overall, I loved it!

I'm a huge fan of Kanno Miho, but she actually wasn't that convincing...
Takenouchi Yutaka on the other hand was absolutely amazing. I found it kind of strange though, since he seemed younger than I last seen him in Rondo. I've always dropped his dorama after first episode, but I'll definitely follow it this time.

It was fun seeing Edo Harumi acting too.
Her role was very limited, but I thought she did a fine job. I guess she really had talent in acting before becoming a computer instructor :P

The first episode had SO many extras. I don't remember ever seeing so many people in a dorama episode before, that was almost movie scale. I really liked the BGM/theme song too. Hopefully they'll keep up with quality production to compete against the Olympic broadcasts :whistling:

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Jul 7th, '08, 11:49

@8thSin

nice review and looked promising... my download not finish yet.

wail

Post by wail » Jul 8th, '08, 21:01

I think Miho was still good, but yes, Yutaka was AMAZING. He was very spot on in his last scenes in ep 1 when he can easily go over the top. I have never seen the mere act of holding hands so captivating! He shown his character's unease with it all, yet also the side that he just cant refuse giving a hand in need. Bravo!

The story is nothing very special yet. But it's very well done, and I dont have any complaints of ep 1.

greenspy

Post by greenspy » Jul 11th, '08, 16:28

Waiting for the subtitle for Ep.01
I can't watch the raw understandly... T^T cuz it's a dramatic series.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jul 12th, '08, 08:05

Ep1 synopsis can be found here: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=224059

greenspy

Post by greenspy » Jul 12th, '08, 08:52

^
Thanks so much reven_frost...

I've finished watched 1st episode RAW.
I can understand what happen in the story. But still not appreciate all words.
I think this drama is very cool. I like Charactoristic. The scene is so beautiful.
I love Yutaka acting like this. His bike is so cute. ^^

The story goes very interesting.
To be continued...

Mayumii

Post by Mayumii » Jul 12th, '08, 12:23

raven_frost wrote:Full length trailer: http://www.tbs.co.jp/Tomorrow2008/trailer/trailer01_03.html

It looks like it's going to be a very intense first ep.
After watching that trailer I'm really looking forward to watch the first episode.

And thank you Haruspex for subbing this drama ♥

greenspy

Post by greenspy » Jul 13th, '08, 18:11

The 2nd Episode is now releaseddddddddddddddddddddddddd

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Jul 14th, '08, 02:11

Just finished watching the first episode and it was really great. A very intense pilot. :D

The second episode had a rating of 13.9%~ A 3% drop....

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jul 14th, '08, 03:37

I liked the second episode too, but
It made my head shake when Takenouchi's character started talking to the unconscious girl during operation and made her better :pale:

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Jul 14th, '08, 08:21

^
Since it had to with the brain, maybe there is some subconscious effect that takes place? Lol. I dunno.
Anyway, I liked the second episode too. I think moreso than the first.

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Jul 15th, '08, 02:30

OMFG am I the only person who thought this drama was epic ? I was not expecting this... I... Iwas not expecting to like this as much as I do... After watching miho in hataraki man, it feels really good to see her in this role. It reminds me a lot of iguana no musume (just the way she looks and stuff). I liked the characters a lot and found myself doing the guts pose so many times, urging that guy to operate!!!

Its the "the grand master that retired and lives in a small village, and then is called to protect that village because of the imminent threat" type of series. I only saw this type of story in fighting movies... It was really great. I went thru so many emotions... plus miho's sister is so hawt! Man, I need to get as much of this series as possible. I wonder will it stay this exciting. Its my first medical drama, so I'm not sure what's been "done to death", but I'm eagerly awaiting the following episodes!

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Jul 21st, '08, 10:20

Help?

Maybe I don't get the Japanese health care system, but how can Moriyama say that he will start working at the hospital as a doctor? I understand that his medical license does not expire, but doesn't he need to be hired by the lady boss? Didn't she made clear that she didn't want him around?

Thank you Haruspex and TimeLess for the subs. Excellent work!

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Jul 21st, '08, 14:06

1shinigami0 wrote:Help?

Maybe I don't get the Japanese health care system, but how can Moriyama say that he will start working at the hospital as a doctor? I understand that his medical license does not expire, but doesn't he need to be hired by the lady boss? Didn't she made clear that she didn't want him around?

Thank you Haruspex and TimeLess for the subs. Excellent work!
In my opinion as much as she dislikes him ( I think because of how skilled he is), she must respect him as a doctor. She already knows they need more doctors there anyways. Plus both times he "came out of retirement" she was there, she knows he's useful. She opposes his departure from medicine (the "don't take medicine lightly" slap), and she is the type who hates to go back on what she says, so it might be part of the story, him trying to get hired. He found his resolve and he will gwr hired, I'm sure of it.

Plus he did 2 expensive surguries for free, lol.

fleng

Post by fleng » Jul 25th, '08, 17:26

damn episode 3 ending was intense ! can't wait for more! best dorama this season so far.

lunas

Post by lunas » Jul 27th, '08, 00:38

With each episode, I found the character Endou Saya played by Ogawa Tamaki very intriguing. I guess it was the way she portrayed the character. Somehow Kanno Miho character is not that interesting. So far the story progress very nicely.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jul 27th, '08, 01:14

They both do not mince their words but Aiko is such a straight forward, typical character whereas little is still known of Saya although it's obvious that she isn't as cold and uncaring as she seems to come across.

Not sure where the story is headed though.

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Jul 27th, '08, 03:44

What rotten luck!
The patient he lost had to be Aiko's mother...
I can't wait to see what exactly he did wrong to be threatened with a malpractice suit.

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Jul 28th, '08, 09:10

Wow! I understand peanuts of Japanese, but I watched episode 4 without skipping a single frame. Needless to say, Haruspex and TimeLess are saving my sanity every time they post the subtitles. (Thank you guys!!!) This series is getting better and better.
By the gist of it, he gathered enough courage to tell Aiko that he was the doctor responsible for her mother's death. Poor Aiko... That is a major crack on the armor of her shining knight. What's a girl to do?
Takenouchi was amazing at the last scene. I can't believe he was able to pull it off. He's truly a great actor.
To be able to cry and at the same time show the character's incredible effort to restraint his emotions... that's is so unbelievably hard.
Well,I will be on the edge of my seat waiting for the subs and the next episode. This drama may have started a bit slow, compared with Code Blue, but it has hit a nice crescendo, while the other one is deflating. I'm sold.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 28th, '08, 10:01

1shinigami0 wrote:Takenouchi was amazing at the last scene. I can't believe he was able to pull it off. He's truly a great actor.
To be able to cry and at the same time show the character's incredible effort to restraint his emotions... that's is so unbelievably hard.
Reading this, I just had to post, coz I've already watched it with subs a few hours ago, courtesy of triplez who timed the script and Haruspex for providing the translation real quick. Yes, I totally agree with 1shinigami0, Yutaka is really amazing in this episode. The ability to portrait such believable emotional character just left me speechless. I was left sitting at the edge of my seat, crying my eyes out... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyway, since I'm here already, just a lil' update on subs, it's currently in editing phase and I will try to get this release ASAP so to save ppl from going crazy waiting for it. XD :lol Coz I know I would. :P

Can't wait for next epi. :wub:

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Jul 29th, '08, 03:21

You're angels in disguise.

THANK YOU!!!!

fleng

Post by fleng » Jul 30th, '08, 07:20

im going crazy waiting lol :)

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 30th, '08, 07:48

LOL... :P

Sorry guys, it's in QC phase now. We'll try to release it ASAP.

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Jul 31st, '08, 07:23

Now that I can understand the dialog, I cried buckets. What an emotional episode!

haruko

Post by haruko » Jul 31st, '08, 15:00

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anybody know where I can find episodes 3 and 4 of Tomorrow in Megaupload or mediafire or something of the sort? I have only found episodes 1 and 2, and I absolutely love this drama, but I cannot download torrents, so, I have to find other ways to watch the episodes.
Thanks a lot in advance for you help.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 31st, '08, 15:13

MU links for TMR HS are available in TimeLesSub forum. Only HS Epi 1-3. HS Epi 4 is pending encoding. You can head here for links.

If you want RAW file, try LiveJournal [LJ]. There are bunch of LJ sites tht have MU uploaded RAW file.

You can try this

http://community.livejournal.com/jdramas
- friends only. Join the community to get links.
or this

http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/2008/07/2008-drama-tomorrow.html

haruko

Post by haruko » Jul 31st, '08, 15:26

Thank you so much for the prompt reply!!! I have managed to download them now. I'm really grateful! :cheers:

:-) :-) :-)

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Aug 1st, '08, 16:35

I do not understand how this series has only 4 pages of discussion. This is such an awesome awesome series. I personally feel the first 3 episodes of this drama is at least as gods as the first three of last friends... Yet no discussion. Man, can not recommend this series enough. WTF is everybody watching this season? Is it really better than this??? If so, I need to watch that as well. I see this as a extremely emotional drama that has brought me close to man tears on more than one occasion. If the end of episode 3 is not enough... please tell me what more do they need???

Plus evil lady is hot, miho is hawt, and doctor dude is so F-ing cool. He is ultimate pimp.

laifalove

Post by laifalove » Aug 1st, '08, 17:25

I think there's competition from Code Blue and Shibatora. I personally don't have time to watch dramas these days, so I'm behind in both Code Blue and Tomorrow. Both of which I've been waiting for. :/ So I just have them downloaded to my desktop but it frustrates me that I can't find the time to sit down and watch.

I have the feeling I'm going to prefer Tomorrow over Code Blue though. I've watched a bit of Code Blue and Yamapi along with the female co-stars bother me greatly. I'm more into serious medical drama and not dramas that people watch because of the actor, the discussion for those dramas are so severely limited. I'll be sure to add to this thread once I get the time to watch Tomorrow, which should be in a week or so.

Thuan

Post by Thuan » Aug 1st, '08, 21:16

It's rather sad to think that Code Blue is a rival to Tomorrow. Tomorrow is imho clearly the superior drama. Don't get me started on Yamashita Tomohisa's character. Yamapi should work on his acting skills and stay with the Akira/Hirase Ken(?) type of characters till then.

I don't like Last Friends that much, but Last Friends had Ueno Juri and Nagasawa Masami. And Tomorrow just has Takenouchi Yutaka and Kanno Miho. You shouldn't be suprised to see a thread with just 4 pages. I mean, the thread for Iryu 1 and 2 just had 17 pages. Compare this to something like Bambino.

lunas

Post by lunas » Aug 2nd, '08, 03:55

I don’t really think it sad to consider Code Blue as a rival to Tomorrow. It’s just a matter of who’s the viewer are, Code Blue has a JE member so it’s undeniable to have more discussion.
It look like every person/situation Moriyama encountered, they encouraged him to battle his own demon and bravely move on to the future. I wonder if there’s more than meet the eyes about the incident 8 years ago or I’m just reading too much into it.

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Aug 2nd, '08, 04:48

lunas wrote:I don’t really think it sad to consider Code Blue as a rival to Tomorrow. It’s just a matter of who’s the viewer are, Code Blue has a JE member so it’s undeniable to have more discussion.
It look like every person/situation Moriyama encountered, they encouraged him to battle his own demon and bravely move on to the future. I wonder if there’s more than meet the eyes about the incident 8 years ago or I’m just reading too much into it.
Very very true. I think you are right. In fact I think that will be what the show is ultimately about. Something tells me there is more to the story than we know, plus this drama is so damn intense, I am sure when *spoiler* is discussed it will be the most intense of all!

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Aug 2nd, '08, 11:43

I agree. There is definitely some juicy detail on this malpractice case that they are not revealing now.

I'm curious, though, about how Aiko will deal with the bomb he dropped on her lap. I would be in real trouble in her place. Here is the doctor I have grown to admire and respect (and maybe develop a crush too), telling me that he was inspired to come back to the medical profession because of me and now he killed my mother?! I would be asking him to back up and erase the last sentence, please! Miho played Aiko's first reaction perfectly, by the way. She has been great.

And what is he expecting? Forgiveness? Expiation? Aiko is an open book, but he is a much more complex to read.

There is also the little tidbit about Endou's mother. It will be interesting to see how that will develop. I hope they don't go that the hero-saves-enemy's-mother road. It would be too simple and cliché.

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Aug 4th, '08, 08:27

I just watched episode 5. I don't speak Japanese, but it looks like this Miho's episode. I'm dying to know what the other doctor told her.
On the preview scenes it seems that it will be Aiko's turn to make a medical mistake? So she can really walk on his shoes for a bit?

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Aug 7th, '08, 09:06

The white knight is back! The armor is a bit tarnished, but he is back!

I will be back too later. After watching the episode with subs, I need a break from the emotional roller coaster.

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Aug 7th, '08, 09:54

This show keeps getting better and better. The writers have done an excellent job. The plotline is logical and yet keeps you guessing what will come next. All scenes, so far, look very plausible, very real.

Miho and Takenouchi have been solid. There isn't a moment you don't believe on their feelings. There is drama, but not melodrama.

Aiko's reaction to Moriyama's revelation was spot on.
If I was on her shoes, I wouldn't be able to work with the guy either. He killed her mother and simply ran away. Her first confrontation with him was perfect. Of course, after that, the logical step for him was to resign.
And that's what is so great about the writing. You can understand where both character are coming from, and you feel for both of them while praying for a miracle.

It was obvious that said miracle would come from his long lost friend (he was the guest star after all), but halfway through the episode I had my doubts.
He was such a fantastic jerk! I don't care that he felt betrayed by Moriyama. With friends like that, who needs enemies? Moriyama was too much of saint with him to my taste. I would had throttle him.
So, the twist that
renewed their friendship was good and necessary, so he could clear Moriyama's name to Aiko. Even if Moriyama still thinks it was his fault, Aiko cam now believe in him again.
I was worried that they would make her be too understanding and lovestruck, so that her partnership with Moriyama in the hospital could go on. Or that they would drag the conflict to the end of the show. This was the best resolution. He needed to regained his status of white knight. Flawed, but still the hero. There was no other way for Aiko to believe in him again. The sin was just too big to be overlooked.

I thought it was sweet how the writers used
Aiko's mother smile as the thread for Moriyama's redemption. He gave Aiko her mother's smile back.
It was one of best romantic plots I have seen in awhile.

One complaint: if pediatrics is closed, how can they be performing wellness checks on school kids?

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Aug 7th, '08, 21:17

^ Really? I thought it started out really strong, but got worse and worse...

The plot for the past few episodes didn't impress me, plus I don't think it's directed very well. Those random "swoosh" "bang" sound effects + slow-mo every time something happens is really lame :roll

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Aug 7th, '08, 22:10

waa...i just realize that the guy who play Moriyama Kohei is the same guy who play the main character in Rondo!!

he looks so different i was suprised!! LOL!

i'm only on episode one since i got interested in medical drama after watching Code Blue!

this series seem interesting enough, i shall continue watching it now!! :salut:

lunas

Post by lunas » Aug 8th, '08, 01:43

The explanation for the incident 8 years ago was typical jdrama reason but I guess that was the only way. I guess with the personal reason out of the way, I want to know how will Moriyama going to handle the hospital problem.

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Aug 8th, '08, 05:36

^ Really? I thought it started out really strong, but got worse and worse...
Yes, I'm totally hooked. I think the story is developing in a logical way, but it's still leaving a lot space for new twists. For example, I think the director of the University Hospital Moriyama worked before is the same one where Endou's mother is staying. But if that's true, I'm lost on how they are going to use that on the plot. See what I mean?

And I like the slow character development: how Moriyama gets to show himself little by little, Endou is still mysterious and Aiko wears her emotions on her sleeve. I still don't get the vice-mayor. What angle is he playing?

I agree with you about the "sound effects," but that's a staple on jdramas, isn't it? As a friend of mine says: "Jdrama soundtracks always tell the audience what they are suppose to be feeling with the force of a hammer." Since I see it as a widespread shortcoming, it doesn't bother me as much.

Thanks for the discussion. I thought I was talking to myself for a while. :roll

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Aug 8th, '08, 05:54

I've been a silent reader on this thread. Too bad not many people are discussing about this drama coz I really think the actors and actresses in it are fantastic.

Anyway, honestly I was quite surprised to see tht Moriyama's true side story was revealed so soon in this drama. Initially I thought it'll be much later but I guess probably the writer/producer have something else in mind.

Now it seems tht the drama could be heading in just practically anywhere. But I'm guessing they'll reveal more on Endou-sensei soon which will be great since she has been a mysterious character all this while.

Cant wait for next epi since it looked like Aiko might be in trouble herself. Moriyama to the rescue.... again. :P

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Aug 8th, '08, 06:01

I totally agree with miss deathgod. I think that its going along brilliantly. No series has brought me so close to man tears so many times. Its just good stuff.
I feel my self cheering inside screaming in my mind "go doctor dude" or "That is what he really is". I was totally sucked in and fooled when doctor dude was miho's mom's murderer. I was like... how could you let it happen? For an episode I no longer liked him. But once I found out the truth... this show plays with my emotions, I don't know what to think of this guy. Taking the blame of everyone onto his self. He was going to leave the hospital because everyone thought he killed one of his patients that trusted him and smiled as she was dying... epic, epic. I am really enjoying the show. I'm trying my best to just get on the ride and let it take me. I'm not guessing anymore, I'm just watching.... What a guy, calms his friend down by daring him and reminding him of their competition. Its so great for me, because to me thats real. I could imagine that happening, which is why this show is so special to me, its plausibly. Everyone's motive's are real and logical... this show is awesome, awesome I say!

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Aug 8th, '08, 09:06

Yeah! More people!

It does look like that Aiko will have a taste of what Moriyama went through, huh? That should bring them close together. I can't wait. :cry:

Does anyone know how many episodes this series will have?

lokaanime

Post by lokaanime » Aug 10th, '08, 12:37

wowowo this drama is getting interesting for moments, and I have to admit thatt Takenouchi Yutaka has improved a lot since his beach boys days, like the good wine, the older the better he gets mmm, okk but other than hot guys I Have uploaded some captures from episode 5, a very revealing one.
Image, Love the meaning of the drama's name, is like there will be always a tomorrow, no matter what happens, when the sun rise again in the sky, new opotunities will emerge for everyone, including yourself, so hopeful...Image
Moriyama-sensei with his former colleague facing the past.
It looks like Moriyama is not the only one suffering, he didn't realize how important was for his friend his support, thinking he was the only one in pain, no man the people around you can suffer exactly the same as you
I thought I was gonna hate this Adachi-sensei because of his way of dealing with the moriyama medical error thing but, it' s true that in the real world not everything is white or black, most of the time it's grey so yeah adachi it's just a poor guy not a bad one
And I'm pretty sure that Aiko is realizing of that too, Moriyama is not a bad person, but a caring one, so I know she has no idea of what to think anymore,, hate him, forgive him.............., love him...?
But the thing here is that actually Moriyama was here a victim too, because of that fu****g professor he had in the university hospital. He never let pass a day without thinking in his patients, and that includes Aiko's mother
ImageSo in the end there was a strong connection between Aiko's mother and Moriyama, and he thought that everything was his fault, because he shoud have entered into action earlier, so even if the professor was the one at fault, he couldn't face the family of his dead patient, or stop blaming himself for what happened even when he gave his all to save herImageImage
ImageImageAnd for Aiko was a big surprise when she realized that her mother was not alone at all, in fact she was smiling like she used to, knowing that his doctor, Moriyama would do everything he could for her, I think she knew exactly that she wasn't gonna make it, and wanted him to know that she could never blame him for something that nobody could controlImageImage
And just because I can't help it I uploaded the sexier hands ever with a very powerful meaning Ps: thanks for the subbing group for your hard work!!!Image
:salut:

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Aug 11th, '08, 07:29

Thanks for all the cool screen captures!

Anybody has seen episode 6 yet? I'm totally lost without the subtitles on this one. There goes sanity out the window... I'll be glad when Haruspex and Timeless return it to me.

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Aug 19th, '08, 17:08

lokaanime wrote:wowowo this drama is getting interesting for moments, and I have to admit thatt Takenouchi Yutaka has improved a lot since his beach boys days, like the good wine, the older the better he gets mmm, okk but other than hot guys I Have uploaded some captures from episode 5, a very revealing one.
Image, Love the meaning of the drama's name, is like there will be always a tomorrow, no matter what happens, when the sun rise again in the sky, new opotunities will emerge for everyone, including yourself, so hopeful...Image
Moriyama-sensei with his former colleague facing the past.
It looks like Moriyama is not the only one suffering, he didn't realize how important was for his friend his support, thinking he was the only one in pain, no man the people around you can suffer exactly the same as you
I thought I was gonna hate this Adachi-sensei because of his way of dealing with the moriyama medical error thing but, it' s true that in the real world not everything is white or black, most of the time it's grey so yeah adachi it's just a poor guy not a bad one
And I'm pretty sure that Aiko is realizing of that too, Moriyama is not a bad person, but a caring one, so I know she has no idea of what to think anymore,, hate him, forgive him.............., love him...?
But the thing here is that actually Moriyama was here a victim too, because of that fu****g professor he had in the university hospital. He never let pass a day without thinking in his patients, and that includes Aiko's mother
ImageSo in the end there was a strong connection between Aiko's mother and Moriyama, and he thought that everything was his fault, because he shoud have entered into action earlier, so even if the professor was the one at fault, he couldn't face the family of his dead patient, or stop blaming himself for what happened even when he gave his all to save herImageImage
ImageImageAnd for Aiko was a big surprise when she realized that her mother was not alone at all, in fact she was smiling like she used to, knowing that his doctor, Moriyama would do everything he could for her, I think she knew exactly that she wasn't gonna make it, and wanted him to know that she could never blame him for something that nobody could controlImageImage
And just because I can't help it I uploaded the sexier hands ever with a very powerful meaning Ps: thanks for the subbing group for your hard work!!!Image
:salut:
Whoa seriously that was great. I would enjoy it if you did that every episode, telling your opinion with screen caps, I though that was a great post!

spoiler for my thoughts of episode 6
Well I say episode 6, but.. I guess no one else did. Once again with episode 6 we see moriyama's devotion to his patients. He is a rebel. He does not play by the book. He is rebelling against the "this is a job" part of medicine. He sees these people as people and it really shows in his work. When he went and smoked that cigarette with the writer lady... He looked like it was his first time, but he wanted her to feel comfortable. This guy... the way he will accept the blame for others is amazing... He is a doctor bowing his head to patients, when he was in no way associated with the mishap. What a guy...

And when the old hospital director took her around the hospital and showed her how a nurses/doctors day was, I almost shed a tear. They are out there gambatte-ing and this **** is complaining... what a world we live in. Well I thought it was a spectacular episode. I am wondering about miho's little sister. How does she feel now? She is the cutest one in the drama to me, so I love her character. What are her feelings towards moriyama? Has miho even told her the truth? Or does the truth not matter???
No drama has ever had such a hold on my emotions like this one. Maybe its the music or something, but I come ridiculously close to man-tears every flippin episode. I can not imagine why this show is not popular.. I say it every episode, but there is no discussion here, so I assume no one is watching it...

londonsoul

Post by londonsoul » Aug 20th, '08, 02:24

I love this show, with so much manga/anime to live action. Its great to watch a fresh drama with seasoned actors.

gracefulmoonie

Post by gracefulmoonie » Aug 20th, '08, 08:23

darynrose wrote:I've been a silent reader on this thread. Too bad not many people are discussing about this drama coz I really think the actors and actresses in it are fantastic.

Anyway, honestly I was quite surprised to see tht Moriyama's true side story was revealed so soon in this drama. Initially I thought it'll be much later but I guess probably the writer/producer have something else in mind.

Now it seems tht the drama could be heading in just practically anywhere. But I'm guessing they'll reveal more on Endou-sensei soon which will be great since she has been a mysterious character all this while.

Cant wait for next epi since it looked like Aiko might be in trouble herself. Moriyama to the rescue.... again. :P
I agree..not too many people are giving this drama a chance. I have watch many medical dramas before and truly this one has left an impact on me. I have read on other blogs that people are comparing this drama to Iryu 1 & 2-- "saying that this drama uses the same old plot as other mediacal jdoramas." I haven't watched any other drama such as Iryu, so I don't have any opinion on this issue .

Such great acting by the entire cast- Especially Takenouchi Yutaka.
Kanno Miho is great too, and she expresses the vulnerbility of a nurse's character very well. :wub:

I don't really know what direction that this drama will head towards and I have watch up to ep. 6---Endo's character maybe might be revealed more in ep 7????
I hope that there might be some romantics connections b/t Moriyama sensi and Nurse Tanaka :wub: Anyone agree? Although the chance of this being a pure medical drama is quite high--all throughout 6 eps--nothing romantic happening at all---Still having my fingers cross for some lovey dovey.... :wub:

Also, I have seen Takenouchi Yutaka in Heaven's Coins I & 2, and his acting is improving much since then. He is able to be more realistic in his expressions now...and not to say that his acting wasn't ok in HC, but he tends to be "over acting" in HC. I haven't really any of Kanno Miho's works, but I might give them a try.

Thanks for everyone's input and opinions, I just hope people would give this drama a chance.
:-)

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Aug 20th, '08, 10:42

I think episode 6 was a good transition episode. It was a decent way to come out from Moriyama's personal story and address the issue of medical malpractice as an industry problem.

Yes, it can happen any time, to anyone, because of understaffing and inattention. But I think the patient (the writer) brought a good point. We are still talking about a human life. The consequences of a simple mistake have a higher cost, therefore the public demands nothing but perfection from the professionals in the health care industry. Now, how to reconcile such high standards with human frailty? Isn't err human? Should we ever trust a doctor or a nurse who made a costly mistake before? Will the desire to atone for such error ever be enough for a patient's forgiveness? I think this the central theme they are trying to address.

Of course, for the sake of the drama, she had to understand and empathize with their problems. The fact that her boyfriend and publisher was a jerk, and she probably knew it, went a long way to set the tone for the story's development.

Episode 6 also does a nice job setting up the next story: the politics behind the hospital restructuring. What exactly was promised to Endou? The vice-mayor seems a far more cunning character, though. He asked Moriyama do not resign in episode 5, but is afraid of what his reputation, tarnished by a malpractice report, can do to the hospital. And that is after Moriyama got seriously injured because of the vice-mayor's daughter! I'm really curious to see how that will play.

In my opinion, people who are equating this series to Iryu are missing the mark. Iryu was all about the latest challenge in the operating room and the amazing skills of every single member of the medical team. The center character was enigmatic, but knew how to play the hospital politics. Tomorrow is all about the health care industry and the direct relationship between caregivers (doctors and nurses) and patients. Moriyama is not enigmatic, he's reserved, private, because he has been burned before. And although he's a skilled doctor, his empathy with patients and co-workers is his strongest asset and the reason why he decided to give the profession one more try.

My, I did say a lot... Someone please take it from here before I start going on about a romantic angle.

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Aug 20th, '08, 16:14

YOSH!~ Now some real discussion. Yes yes yes, I agree with all you guys.

My girlfriend is going to be a midwife next year, so I talked to her about it. She is like there is a really big nurse shortage in japan. She says that in okinawa (where she lives) there is a shortage of 100 midwives. So they need 100 more midwives to be comfortable. In such a small place like okinawa, that's a really really big number. So I feel this show accurately hows how hard they work. Also the motivation for nurses and doctors, besides the paycheck of course. I never watched a medical drama before. so this is touching to me, their devotion to their jobs and patients. I doubt they go as far as the actors in here, but its the idea.

Uhm now to the drama. Romance is un-avoidable. Its already been introduced. Tanaka's little sister likes moriyama. How will tanaka handle the feelings she has, or will have for moriyama when she knows her little sister (whom she is fully devoted to) loves him too? I actually thought this was going to be a harem drama (genre of anime). I thought endou sensei liked moriyama at first. But maybe its just the way she looks. I am positive that tanaka's little sister will have a bigger role in the series (or at least I hope!). What will she do with her drive? The only thing pushing her forward was the thought of suing that SOB doctor that killed her mom. But what now? Like I said before I don't think she knows the full truth from her reaction to moriyama when he was at the house in epi.6 (I thought for sure she would invite him in for tea at the least, lol).

"But I think the patient (the writer) brought a good point. We are still talking about a human life.The consequences of a simple mistake have a higher cost, therefore the public demands nothing but perfection from the professionals in the health care industry. ."

Of course I'm biased. But why in the world should people in one profession have perfection demanded of them, but other's shouldn't?The writer performed her job flawlessly? Is that why she finds it unforgivable someone could mess up at their job? Or maybe the fact that she buzzed the "nurse emergency button" to have her close the f-ing blinds is helping the nurses character grow, therefore making them better people and workers? If anything we are the one who should suck up to the medical staff because they hold our lives in their hands.

If the medical scene is having problems, maybe they should put more money into it and attract more college graduates to the field. If its so important that no human error is allowed. Try to make the environment so that error has less of a chance to occur. Such as not over working these people whose jobs are so important. The 8 hour days you and me work are generally 12 hour shifts for them... And japan does not believe in over time... Its volunteer work... anything over 40 hours. These people aren't even compensated for their work. And we should demand perfection of them... I think that is a little too much.

If something happened to me like the writer. I would be pissed, but I would understand. I most definitely would not act like her stupid ass. If I lost my life it would be unfortunate, my family would probably act similarly. If my girlfriend lost her life to malpractice, I would be very angry, I could not lie, but it would depend on the circumstances and what happened. But someone losing their life and someone being in a coma for 3 days is very different. I agree with the tanaka family being more angry with moriyama than the writer being mad at tanaka. (even thought it was not moriyama's fault, I understand that anger more than writer chicks irrational anger)

Annnd back to the plot, now that tanaka has experienced what malpractice is like, how will her feelings be towards moriyama? She now sees how easy it can happen. It technically was her fault, since she was asked to do it...

Kanno miho... a goddess. She is the reason I watch this. She has been recognized as a great actress since my Iguana no Musume. My favorite thing she was in was "dolls" the movie. It was the first thing I saw her in. She usually plays great roles. She was really cold in Watashitachi no Kyokasho, she was really shy and cute in Iguana no Musume (extra kawaii!), she was a jerk in hataraki man, she was great in most things I've seen her in. This role is kinda a mix of hataraki man and Koi ga Shitai x3, in my opinion. I want her to do more sexy roles like she did in sakuran...

I watched this drama for miho, but the whole cast is really great, imo. I found out that miho's little sister (Kurokawa Tomoka) was my favorite character in Kagen No Tsuki~Last Quarter, I really love her grown up. She is a sex kitten! I will follow her for sure. Moriyama, talk about a cool guy. I love his character. I will try learning a little japanese from him, he's really cool! endou sensei... she looks like nocchi from perfume, she is very attractive...but so mean. Villians have extra hawt sauce included, lol.

londonsoul

Post by londonsoul » Aug 21st, '08, 01:04

I agree this drama is nothing like "Iryu" I watched 1 and over half of 2. "Tomorrow" feels more real. The characters are more drawn out. No I'm the Super doctor 8) with my Super Helpers/Doctors 8) Coming to Save the World.
Having Takenouchi Yutaka as the lead is an added bonus :D I just watched "With Love" again :D The whole drama was like one long photo shoot capturing Takenouchi Yutaka's beauty :wub: OK the story was good. And Takenouchi Yutaka has got better with age :wub: :wub:
I have a question? Do the Japanese have the same medical care system as the US?

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Aug 22nd, '08, 19:06

Yes, Takenouchi has aged quite well, hasn't he? :roll

Hotness apart, I'm not sure they are going to explore a romantic angle at all. I don't see Nanami being in love with Moriyama. It's a simple crush of a young girl on the doctor who saved her life. I bet good-looking doctors go through this all the time.

Moriyama and Aiko are really fond of each other, but I don't think it has developed into love yet. There is great respect among them and they inspire each other, both professionally and as people. Remember that Moriyama told Aiko that her attitude and courage moved him to return to medicine. And he has been able to earn her respect and admiration by the way he treats his patients and stands up to Endou. They are such earnest characters!

If the series had more episodes, I'm sure we would see sparks fly between those two. Takenouchi and Miho have loads of chemistry. Just a look between the two of them telegraphs an amazing amount of emotions. But I don't think they will have time to develop this angle.