[discussion] Gakko ja Oshierarenai! (summer 2008)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
noobee

Post by noobee » Aug 25th, '08, 12:13

phlongforn wrote:Hey, thanks so much to the two who answered me so quickly. I often wonder how accurate is the image of Japan I see in these doramas, so it is reassuring that I can just post in the forum with a question.
I should have known that there would be automated check-ins for some love hotels.
its not that accurate, i have been living in japan for 1 year, and their attitudes are not the same like you see in drama. some of them are friendly and some of them are just pretending to be friendly.

Wongo

Post by Wongo » Aug 25th, '08, 14:31

noobee wrote:
phlongforn wrote:Hey, thanks so much to the two who answered me so quickly. I often wonder how accurate is the image of Japan I see in these doramas, so it is reassuring that I can just post in the forum with a question.
I should have known that there would be automated check-ins for some love hotels.
its not that accurate, i have been living in japan for 1 year, and their attitudes are not the same like you see in drama. some of them are friendly and some of them are just pretending to be friendly.
To be honest I don't mind if it's not accurate, it's entertainment anyways. If I can relate to the topics in the drama that's great, if not. Oh well it's just a silly show anyways.

noobee

Post by noobee » Aug 25th, '08, 14:35

ya i dont care about the accuracy also,
life is too dynamic, a drama cant picture life as a whole, maybe just stereotyping. :lol

Wongo

Post by Wongo » Aug 25th, '08, 14:37

Name me a realistic drama....there isn't one...becuase it wouldnt' be that interesting....even reality tv in America doesn't usually depict typical life.

noobee

Post by noobee » Aug 25th, '08, 14:40

yes! thats right
even a documentary can be fake

Wongo

Post by Wongo » Aug 25th, '08, 14:41

Question....do you know why Kazu punched Toumu...in the episode 7 preview.

noobee

Post by noobee » Aug 25th, '08, 14:52

i havent finished watching..
i just finished episode 2

Wongo

Post by Wongo » Aug 25th, '08, 15:03

noobee wrote:i havent finished watching..
i just finished episode 2
Oh lol....sorry about the spoiler then....

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Sep 3rd, '08, 01:22

I liked this episode (I've liked every episode...)with this there are only 2 more relationships to be finished mai-chan x principal and hitomi x kazu. I'm looking forward to the end. Wekll most of my comments about the episode are in the spoiler tags...

Okay another type as I watch. I forgot this episode, so I'm starting from the 10 minute mark.
Spoiler for size, I typed these as I watched the show
Well the question eiri asked was interesting, do you like me, or do you want to f*** me. In my opinion he likes her. Plus he is the only one of the group to kiss... I am very surprised that they didn't kiss again in the love hotel. It was humorous... I thought they were going to get down to business.

Of course we all knew mai-chan wouldn't wear the thong, but just thinking about it... great stuff indeed. Did she take her panties off to put the thong on, did she put the thong on top of her panties, or was she wearing no panties (this one for the win....)

LMFAO, "who was aroused by my nice body?" such a funny phrase, eiri... you are precious girl, lol

wow I thought toumu would be the best one handling the ladies, this guy sucks. You can't call a girl you like a whore, even if she is... man. I feel so bad for her. Can't he see her true feelings? She is giving him too many hints and he keeps stepping on her dreams. If he would of sung some karaoke ate some gyoza then got back in bed, he probably could of done the deed. Now he's making this girl cry... toumu toumu....

oh man toumu calling kazu out on his gayness, it has to be a dream...

lol as I thought a dream...

OMG pervert guy and weird girl are so cute. Weird girl so unconfident... I would love to chill with her for a couple months. She was like, "I know you are not thinking about doing perverted stuff", lol so funny. I'm sure that she understands :)

Mai-chan really is a disney baka. The alladin analogy was awesome up until she changed it (prince ali, fabous he, ali abobwa-disney has great songs....)

I love hoe toumu got tricked and didn't realise it. Even after everyone popped out...

lololololol principal hiding in the closet, lololo what a picture.

Oh yea, the prinipal starting to show him feelings? He heard everything mai-chan said. He realizes that he doesn't have be experienced to get a lady like mai-chan... what a catch!

lol, the point and run toumu did.. oh so funny, its the second time, lol. Man that guy, I thought he was going to fight ma-kun, but I guess not.

Wow the awkward expression of love between toumu and eiri. It was soooo good. The feelings of a girl not being accepted by men, then finally being accepted. I think that is such a strong emotion. I felt like hugging eiri at that moment. Finally she can relax and know this guy is for real (at least at this moment).

Is this background story on the principal? Man... this guy... I really want mai-chan to save him! He is such a poor guy. If he was a girl, I would say kawaii.... Mai-chan is a genius, the I'm ignoring you bit, and touching him at the same time... great stuff!

Hitomi... kawaii kawaisou. Its okay if kazu doesn't want you, I'll save you, lol. I am happy my predictions came true, but I'm sad that she is sad. I once called kazu and hitomi the unrequited love on another forum... so sad...too bad they can't just change who they like.

Eiri's reasons for liking toumu, never really realized those things happened... great script writing :)

pervert boy had a fan with... this festival guy (the guy blowing out the flames), I love that guy. I should go look up his name... His name is hyotto-ko. pervert guy had a fan with hyotto-ko's face on it. Great stuff!

the girls were so cute in their yakutas (summer kimono... don't know how to spell)

How so kazu is going to ignore his feelings and and pretend to like hitomi??? I'm confused. Is he doing it for her, or for him? Its obvious that he heard their hitomi's conversation, but is he biting the bullet to help her out. Won't he end up hurting her more in the end? If its really his feelings (anyone can fake a kiss...) how will he deal with her? In the previews he is fighting toumu (probably trying to show hitomi he doesn't like her any more....)

lolololololololololol

Let's get it on... Man hitomi is even ignoring her natural feelings and offering him a "piece" even though she said, I have to know a guy for months to give him some...

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Sep 4th, '08, 13:55

i like this scene in ep8 :D
when kyoko is drunk in ep8, she acts the same way as in ep9 of mirai koshi meguru xD..
so funny..

Wongo

Post by Wongo » Sep 6th, '08, 04:54

furransu wrote:i like this scene in ep8 :D
when kyoko is drunk in ep8, she acts the same way as in ep9 of mirai koshi meguru xD..
so funny..
Yea it's pretty hilarious, wish she acted like that always.

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Sep 13th, '08, 19:55

Epi. 7 thoughts

Well hopefully more people can join in on the discussion. I'd love to hear you guy's opinions!

Well as expected I'll give my opinions on the show as I watch

Hajime!
Man so hiliarious, I'll be your romeo, lets kiss, <push>, lol. Damn kazu....

Oh... I see she wants to wait, well its still great that he made her believe her. I wonder is every woman with a gay guy the say. Does their love for them, outweight the obvious lies their men tell them? Its obvious he's not over toumu....

All her little brothers watching her, so cute!

TOUMU KILLS ME!!!!!!!! "sauga honey, nice idea", lolololololol that guy is so funny! Oh man....

lol, a musical? lolol

Oh the set up then the fail... ouch principal,
if your emotions are in it, I'm okay,
about what?
The training of course.
Ouch, way to crush the little things heart...

lol @ the resort

Wow, but one thing I'm sure of is guys are the same around the world, thats for sure. His fight with eiri... it could happen anyday. I was laughing when he slapped the umbrella.

lol kazu the love advice columnist. Man that guy is helping everyone out but his self, he seems really similar to mai-chan. She can help everyone but herself.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the plot thickens, so kageyama sensei has a love interest too!? Oh man, great, I really was not expecting that. So she has a heart and chooses not to display it. I'm going to be looking forward to who she loves the most. Is she lez too?

Wow.. kazu is serious. I thought from the previews that he was doing fighting toumu only because he was trying to show hitomi that he is over him. Wow that dude looks pissed. I can see hitomi falling out of love with this kazu.

Man kazu started it, but toumu whooped that ass.

Aww, I felt so sorry for hitomi's pretty self after toumu said nothing about what she was wearing...

OMG, is this really what its like when gay guys confess? It seems so weird. I would never handle it like toumu. I most certainly would not let him attempt to kiss me.... Is this the stuff boyslove manga is made of? 2 young boys exploring their homosexuality?

AHHHHHHHHHH WTF they actually did it!? this has to be kazu's dream, it has to be, no way this is real!

waaiiit thats it... Now everything is cool... everyone is waiting after he just kissed a dude???

lolololol didn't throw the thong away since mai-chan wore it!, lolololo man thats great stuff!

Oh its not over yet, seitoukaichou over heard the thong agreement??? This will be interesting...

What a great way to end the episode, I really want to know what happens now!

Wow what a great episode... how excellent. I believe it was a bit far fetched. Too bad its about to end soon. Well anyone else have any thoughts after watching epi.7 with subs?

Uhm, simply because I'm a perv, I offer up the great screen captures of hitomi in non school attire, because she is mighty fine!

LoveWillB4U

Post by LoveWillB4U » Sep 18th, '08, 04:08

I basically thought that episode 7 was hilarious... especially Toumu. Who else would tell their best friend it's okay to kiss them even though they aren't gay... well, at least for guys. Girls are just freaky you know ^_^.

I didn't like that outfit Hitomi was wearing to see Kazu... I thought her jean outfit was much better... she needs better going out clothes but she isn't that rich either, coming from a 1 parent household with lots of siblings.

I still think Kazu is a bad actor... he wasn't a very convincing bi-curious love broken tormented teenage boy. Hitomi isn't that bad but she could be a little better. As always, Eiri is still the best actor out of the 10 kids, based on screen time and lines given.

Episode 8 is just hilarious... especially Mai-chan! I just want to hug her and keep her. You will see... probably this weekend.

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Sep 18th, '08, 10:56

LoveWillB4U wrote: As always, Eiri is still the best actor out of the 10 kids, based on screen time and lines given.
After watching this much of the show, I have to agree. Although I love hitomi's looks and personality the most. As an actor eiri is shining, all her scenes are very convincing, plus she's not bad to look at... if you know what I mean. As a character, her emotions are the most "all over the place", and I'm convinced by most of them, particularly the "I'm an experienced girl... but not really" shyness.. its great in my opinion. And there is something about her lips... But anyways, I agree.

But this is the first thing I've seen any of them in, I need to see them in other roles..

Wongo

Post by Wongo » Sep 18th, '08, 12:18

LoveWillB4U wrote:I basically thought that episode 7 was hilarious... especially Toumu. Who else would tell their best friend it's okay to kiss them even though they aren't gay... well, at least for guys. Girls are just freaky you know ^_^.

I didn't like that outfit Hitomi was wearing to see Kazu... I thought her jean outfit was much better... she needs better going out clothes but she isn't that rich either, coming from a 1 parent household with lots of siblings.

I still think Kazu is a bad actor... he wasn't a very convincing bi-curious love broken tormented teenage boy. Hitomi isn't that bad but she could be a little better. As always, Eiri is still the best actor out of the 10 kids, based on screen time and lines given.

Episode 8 is just hilarious... especially Mai-chan! I just want to hug her and keep her. You will see... probably this weekend.
Guess we can forget about the spoilers........

Anyways most of what you said I will agree with. Kazu isn't that great of an actor. Just watched the finale raw, all I was waiting for was the kissfor Hitomi and Kazu. Even...skipped some parts for it. Again....I would like to point out that though Eiri may be the most talented, her voice when she whines annoys me a lot.

Also I thought Hitomi's outfit wasn't THAT bad.

bubbathemaster

Post by bubbathemaster » Sep 30th, '08, 00:59

In my opinion Eiri was the best actress among everyone. She just seems to shine more than the others. I hope she has a lovely career.

I'm really glad to rewatch this with english subs, the show suddenly feels more mature than I thought when I watched it in japanese.

ShidaMiraiFanboy2008

Post by ShidaMiraiFanboy2008 » Sep 30th, '08, 01:24

This drama is definitely not what I expected it to be. It went from being a light hearted, silly and perverted teen drama to really deep and engaging. I currently finished episode 8 and I can't wait to watch more. I'm hooked!

Wongo

Post by Wongo » Sep 30th, '08, 02:22

ShidaMiraiFanboy2008 wrote:This drama is definitely not what I expected it to be. It went from being a light hearted, silly and perverted teen drama to really deep and engaging. I currently finished episode 8 and I can't wait to watch more. I'm hooked!
Yea I find it werid that the tone of the drama has changed so many times. It's hard to describe what it is......

ShidaMiraiFanboy2008

Post by ShidaMiraiFanboy2008 » Sep 30th, '08, 03:06

Wongo wrote:
ShidaMiraiFanboy2008 wrote:This drama is definitely not what I expected it to be. It went from being a light hearted, silly and perverted teen drama to really deep and engaging. I currently finished episode 8 and I can't wait to watch more. I'm hooked!
Yea I find it werid that the tone of the drama has changed so many times. It's hard to describe what it is......
yeah, you're right.
I like that it changes. It doesn't do it for the worst. It makes the show interesting =D

Wongo

Post by Wongo » Sep 30th, '08, 03:10

ShidaMiraiFanboy2008 wrote:
Wongo wrote:
yeah, you're right.
I like that it changes. It doesn't do it for the worst. It makes the show interesting =D
It does, I was never bored, and it was probably my favourite show of the season.

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Jan 1st, '09, 19:10

It's more realistic than any of the high school themed comedies I've seen recently. It tackles real-life problems of teenagers especially about their raging hormones. It brings to fore serious problems but resolves them comically, more often than not, using Tomou's Stupidity Power.
Actually the only unrealistic character in the series is the Polly Pollyanna teacher Mai-chan. Other than founding the SDC, she really didn't do much in the way of developing the students. Plus nobody in their right mind would be that Disney-obsessed. The vice-principal, although very strict, is more believable, and in the end, more endearing than the airhead Mai-chan.
I don't believe that Kazu is gay -- he could be bi but not gay because at some point he told Hitomi that he always fell for the wrong people, like the garden-lady at their elementary school and then, also, his aunt. Plus, when Hitomi asked him to kiss her while they were walking outside in view of SC-president-stalker-lesbian-girl, Kazu tells us (in his mind) that he is already beginning to like Hitomi. He may just be distracted by still being around Toumu after all they've been together for a long time. It was right that he decided to "quit" Toumu by quitting Touai. Also, if you noticed, in the beginning, when there was something "pervy" they were talking about or looking at, Kazu wasn't completely averse to it. Only when the episodes were weighing heavily on the "gay" stuff that Kazu began ignoring the "thong" ritual.
Is it just me, or does Maho (the running girl?) look a lot like Hillary Duff? I think Eiri is cute too. The other two, I get confused which is which, if not for the hairpin on Rei's bangs I couldn't tell them apart.
I thought it was funny when they were branded as "Suicide Couple", "Pregnant Couple", etc.
I love the way things ended with Kazu and Hitomi on the train. It opens the possibility for an SP or, if none is coming, gives the viewers a positive venue to let their imaginations take off.

Iestoka

Post by Iestoka » Jan 18th, '09, 00:22

When I started watching this drama I had no idea I would love it this much. I finished it only a couple hours ago and I already miss it. Though, maybe I shouldn't have watched the whole thing in one day. It was a case of "too much of a good thing" around the ninth episode. I still loved the entire series anyway.

The "Suicide Couple" had an interesting start, didn't they? "If you ever want to die, I'll kill you. But until then, go out with me!" I never knew you could start a relationship that way, but I guess it worked for them.

I hope these kids will be in more dramas in the future.

lucky_c

Post by lucky_c » Jan 18th, '09, 03:30

Iestoka wrote:When I started watching this drama I had no idea I would love it this much. I finished it only a couple hours ago and I already miss it. Though, maybe I shouldn't have watched the whole thing in one day. It was a case of "too much of a good thing" around the ninth episode. I still loved the entire series anyway.

The "Suicide Couple" had an interesting start, didn't they? "If you ever want to die, I'll kill you. But until then, go out with me!" I never knew you could start a relationship that way, but I guess it worked for them.

I hope these kids will be in more dramas in the future.
Yay, I'm glad Gakkou has more fans! (Even if it is late? But better late than never!)

Toumu (Nakamura Aoi), the main guy, is in a new drama right now: Q.E.D. with Takahashi Ai. Eiri (Naka Riisa) is in a drama with Kamenashi Kazuya, called Kami no Shizuku. ^^

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Aug 8th, '11, 10:57

bubbathemaster wrote:In my opinion Eiri was the best actress among everyone. She just seems to shine more than the others. I hope she has a lovely career.

I'm really glad to rewatch this with english subs, the show suddenly feels more mature than I thought when I watched it in japanese.
I agree, this was one of the first japanese dramas I watched since discovering Riisa Naka [Eiri] and she's always on top form.

I love this show, I think it's my favourite. It reminds me alot of the UK show, Skins - but Japanese. It's funny how a certain type of collective conciousness and types of shows get released?

I'm also checking out the screenwriter of Gakko ja Oshierarenai. He did Great Teacher Onizuka so I'll be starting that series too ^_^