[Discussion] Shibatora - Teppei's first lead role drama!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
brohne

Dying for Episode 9

Post by brohne » Sep 2nd, '08, 18:07

I gave up waiting for the subbed and am trying to improve my Japanese comprehension by watching the raws.
When I saw the trailer for episode 8 on the official site I literally couldn't breathe. Since I found Koike watching Gokusen I've been watching everything I can find with him in it. I'm surprised that people didn't think he would be up to this role. His drama acting in Iryu was fabulous, I mean he did win the best supporting actor for season one. And he's proven that he can do funny/goofy roles too. He's still young as an actor, but to me he's improving in his depth with every role he takes.
I've been accused of being a total pedo but he is just too adorable. :wub:
I was glad to see that they didn't play down the stab wound. While it wouldn't have been life threatening, the loss of blood coupled with stress, hard physical activity and the risk of infection would have contributed to his collapse and later hospitalization.
I'm going to be upset when this series is over. :cry:

smahël

Re: Dying for Episode 9

Post by smahël » Sep 2nd, '08, 19:27

brohne wrote: Since I found Koike watching Gokusen I've been watching everything I can find with him in it.
:lol me too! I see him in gokusen at first and he's become my crush!! He's really the Best for me ^-^

In Shibatora, I think it's a very good role, with the Baby face etc...
Just his hairstyle is so simple ^^ and me i love when he have a sophisticated hairstyle :lol Like in...episode 7!!
Heum i love all his roles, he's my favorite so i'm really happy there's a drama where he has the main role, very happy :cheers:

irish_robz

Post by irish_robz » Sep 15th, '08, 07:08

chokubi wrote:Ep2 tidbit spoiler:
08:47 - 08:49:
Just a short little scene where Koike Teppei grabs Ohgo Suzuka's arm and tries to pull her away.
It's probably unintentional, but I guess I'm a little surprised that they didn't do a retake considering the "subtle action" going on.
Sorry to point out such a frivolous detail. :P
did you notice the reaction on her face too? it went from :D to :| LOL!

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Sep 16th, '08, 21:05

Shibatora is ENDED SEPT 16 2008 Congratz! Teppei For making This
I hope u can do more SERIES and MOVIE TO COME!!!!

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Sep 17th, '08, 21:16

I have to say I really loved this show, and can't wait to watch ep 11. Hopefully, the raw will be up soon. I'm not sure of the end ratings, but I know that this show was great. Congrats to the cast and writers and directors for putting a great show together.

Now, to wait for the end.

Akareevex

Post by Akareevex » Sep 17th, '08, 21:35

The final episode is on veoh if you want to see it. ^^

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Sep 18th, '08, 02:36

Well, I just finished watching the last episode RAW (thanks for that btw,,Akareevex) and I honestly have mixed thoughts. While the drama has had its share of darker moments, I was honestly a bit surprised at how dark the last fifteen minutes or so were. Now, I hardly know Japanese, so maybe I’ll understand more when the subs come out, but . . . as of right now, I have to say I’m a little disappointed.

While I think everyone either found peace (Chiba Sakura, Kojiro) or grew and learned a bit (the four students Shibata helped, his co-workers, Mei) or even finally got what they wanted (Hakuto).

I still felt, I don’t know . . . floored and maybe let down a bit. Mizuki’s character turn really got to me. Of course, there have been a few of her moments throughout the show that struck me as odd, and of course there could be no way she’d be fine and dandy after what her stepdad did to get, but. . . I really wish I knew what that whole last fifteen minutes was about. (Side note: Loved the bit with Shibata crying and hugging her – I thought they were going to kiss. I hadn’t really noticed that they had that much chemistry until that moment.) And, honestly I’m sad that she ended up killing someone, staging all that stuff, and then most likely going off to jail for years. I liked her; I wanted her to have a happy end. And, I guess if she gets help, then in a way, she does get a happy end, but . . . still.

But, I will say I did like the drama overall. It was really well done, and I wonder if the manga is as good. Oh, the drama’s last episode got a 15.0% and the drama ends with a rating of 12.5%. Not bad at all for a summer drama.

brohne

Post by brohne » Sep 28th, '08, 14:59

nikkibell84 wrote:Well, I just finished watching the last episode RAW (thanks for that btw,,Akareevex) and I honestly have mixed thoughts. While the drama has had its share of darker moments, I was honestly a bit surprised at how dark the last fifteen minutes or so were. Now, I hardly know Japanese, so maybe I’ll understand more when the subs come out, but . . . as of right now, I have to say I’m a little disappointed.

While I think everyone either found peace (Chiba Sakura, Kojiro) or grew and learned a bit (the four students Shibata helped, his co-workers, Mei) or even finally got what they wanted (Hakuto).

I still felt, I don’t know . . . floored and maybe let down a bit. Mizuki’s character turn really got to me. Of course, there have been a few of her moments throughout the show that struck me as odd, and of course there could be no way she’d be fine and dandy after what her stepdad did to get, but. . . I really wish I knew what that whole last fifteen minutes was about. (Side note: Loved the bit with Shibata crying and hugging her – I thought they were going to kiss. I hadn’t really noticed that they had that much chemistry until that moment.) And, honestly I’m sad that she ended up killing someone, staging all that stuff, and then most likely going off to jail for years. I liked her; I wanted her to have a happy end. And, I guess if she gets help, then in a way, she does get a happy end, but . . . still.

But, I will say I did like the drama overall. It was really well done, and I wonder if the manga is as good. Oh, the drama’s last episode got a 15.0% and the drama ends with a rating of 12.5%. Not bad at all for a summer drama.
I also watched it RAW and since my Japanese is rudamentary at best I was left to infer what was being said. (Waiting patiently for Queerbeet, love their subs). I have to agree with you a bit though.
I seriously wondered why Mizuki was so adamant about staying around Taketora right from the start. Looking back now, I can see where the ending was foreshadowed throughout the rest of the show. It was still a shock though, but not enough to make me want to question the writer. Not everyone can change that easily and I think that was one of the major lessons that Taketora needed to learn. Sometimes they have to learn for themselves, some people don't want help. Just my observation. ^^
Very happy with the ratings! Koike-san did a great job in his first drama lead.

brohne

Post by brohne » Sep 28th, '08, 15:00

nikkibell84 wrote:Well, I just finished watching the last episode RAW (thanks for that btw,,Akareevex) and I honestly have mixed thoughts. While the drama has had its share of darker moments, I was honestly a bit surprised at how dark the last fifteen minutes or so were. Now, I hardly know Japanese, so maybe I’ll understand more when the subs come out, but . . . as of right now, I have to say I’m a little disappointed.

I also watched it RAW and since my Japanese is rudamentary at best I was left to infer what was being said. (Waiting patiently for Queerbeet, love their subs). I have to agree with you a bit though.
I seriously wondered why Mizuki was so adamant about staying around Taketora right from the start. Looking back now, I can see where the ending was foreshadowed throughout the rest of the show. It was still a shock though, but not enough to make me want to question the writer. Not everyone can change that easily and I think that was one of the major lessons that Taketora needed to learn. Sometimes they have to learn for themselves, some people don't want help. Just my observation. ^^
Very happy with the ratings! Koike-san did a great job in his first drama lead.

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 28th, '08, 22:59

I have no idea what was said near the end either but let me tell you, I was also pretty disappointed with how it ended too. I loved Mizuki. I thought it was really cute how she got so attached to him, Team Shibatora etc etc. And to be honest, I feel nothing but let down by the ending as well. I really want subs 'cause I have no idea what the bloody hell was going on.

I feel sorry for Mizuki too, she's probably locked in jail now, and that's not the kind of ending I wanted for her.

*sigh* It'll be clearer when the subs are out, but I loved this series; it's only the ending that let me down.
and yes, Koike, great job! His character was simply adorable. I don't think anyone else could have played him better.

hazelkenro

[JDRAMA 2009] "SHIBATORA" SP slated for Spring

Post by hazelkenro » Feb 12th, '09, 19:10

feb 02,2009

The popular Fuji TV drama series "Shibatora," which starred Teppei Koike as a baby-faced cop working in the juvenile division, will be returning to television. During a DVD release event on Monday, it was announced that a two-hour special is scheduled to air sometime this spring.

Filming started on Tuesday. Naohito Fujiki, Miki Maya, and Suzuka Ohgo are among the returning cast members.

credits: http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-4378

source: http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/090203 ... 015-n1.htm
Attachments
20090212teppeivm9.jpg
20090212teppeivm9.jpg (72.2 KiB) Viewed 1388 times

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Feb 12th, '09, 19:20

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best news I've heard all day!!! This means we get to see more Tora-chan/Mizuki love!!! My prayers for a Shibatora SP were heard and granted...there is a God. :)

Hopefully, the SP will pick up from where the last episode left off...I really want to know what happened to Mizuki...

though it'd be nice if the rest of "Shibatora" team will return as well. (namely Fujiki Naohito!)..including Tamaki because she was just so cute! Oh and a glimpse of the "new" Helter Skelter (Shelter??) would be nice, too. XD

*is soo excited...DIES*

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Feb 12th, '09, 19:28

yeah right
Well about tora-chan and mizuki love its to young for
tora-chan (24) mizuki is already (16) so i think
there no romance between them i think so..

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Feb 12th, '09, 20:03

LOL, you have a point there. But Teppei reallly can pass for a middle school student...

it's just too bad that they're also years apart in real life, too. I think they'd make a really cute couple :)

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Feb 12th, '09, 20:34

Wouldn't Suzuka Ohgo character be in juvenile prison?

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Feb 12th, '09, 20:38

Arsenal1508 wrote:Wouldn't Suzuka Ohgo character be in juvenile prison?
I think that's why I was hoping for a special. To see everything wrapped up...and to find out whatever happens to Mizuki-chan. I mean, the final ending summed up almost everything except showing Mizuki in juvenile prison. Though, I'm sure that was hinted when she "turned herself in".

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 12th, '09, 20:43

The SP does take place after the series; right after it, I think. It's also supposed to be two hours.

There are a couple of new pictures of the cast up on the site. It looks like everyone is back for the SP. I'm really glad there will be more of this series, because I really was disappointed with some of the character's endings; it was realistic, but I wanted happiness all around.

As for Taro-chan/Mizuki, I do hope we get a little something. After all, she's sixteen and in Japan, a girl can get married at sixteen. I am not 100% sure, but isn't 16/17 legal in Japan? I'm holding out hope.

I do wonder what the SP will be about, though. Maybe Mizuki getting out of juvie? Maybe a new big threat to the youth of Japan? I just hope it is good.

hideko

Post by hideko » Feb 13th, '09, 10:48

GAH!!! My night just gets better and better! Can't wait to see this - I so enjoyed this show....

mnsl

Post by mnsl » Feb 13th, '09, 16:01

when will the special be out??

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Feb 13th, '09, 20:42

Mnsl

Wait for the Announcement of Fuji Tv hehehe!

Teppei Face is young forever
teppei in real life he's already 23yrs old
but they looks like a tEeners hehehe!
He so Baby Face....

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 2nd, '09, 21:37

Any news, like a plot or air date, for this SP?