[Discussion] Ryusei no Kizuna - Nino, Ryo, Toda Erika

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Aug 26th, '08, 01:44

The story looks interesting and I really enjoyed the drama versions of both Byakuyako and Galileo, so I'm looking forward to this.

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Aug 26th, '08, 02:22

yanie wrote:aishoni: nothing new confirmed yet so far. Just that there are rumors that the drama will start on Oct 17th (so late?) and that the three main leads has done the photo session for the drama's poster yesterday (lets hope its true!)
Its true! Nino reported in his nikki the three of them just met for the photoshoot... it seems like its his first meeting with Erika (??). He already sounded like the big brother who's concerned about the chemistry of the siblings. (He sounded a bit worried imo ^^;;;)
Oct 17? But what will fill the gap between Maou and Ryusei? Maou will end in 2 or 3 weeks I think.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 26th, '08, 05:22

kyaaa... majide??! Where is the nikki, where is it? I wanna read what Nino said ^v^ ahhh, cannot wait for the poster to come out!! (I was imagining something like Last Friends, them lying down... but then I thought its better to be different ne x))

I'm hoping its just a false rumor, and that it'll start on Oct 3rd... but I guess 17th is not impossible... there are alot of ways to fill in the gap between the last episode of the previous season with the first ep of the next season. Special dramas, special programs, etc.

Can't wait for the TBS All-Stars Happening, my prediction, the show will cover both Maou and Ryusei's NG scenes^^

echizenruth

Post by echizenruth » Aug 26th, '08, 05:46

really wait to watch it!
honma ni!

nino with ryo???
what else could be better?

and toda chan mo

justlisax3

Post by justlisax3 » Aug 26th, '08, 22:54

i've just read that kaname jun is gonna play the murderer that erika's character falls in love with...

is that true? i just read it on soompi, so i have no idea if it's confirmed or not.

EDIT: yessss! from jun's site:

■ドラマ■
連続ドラマTBS「流星の絆」に出演
10月金曜22時スタート

i did a translation on excite and he's in RYUSEI NO KIZUNA!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 27th, '08, 01:53

I just checked 2ch again, and what I thought as rumored addition casts, apparently are the addition casts published in The Television magazine^^ It was announced since the 23rd, sorry for not posting it earlier, I thought it's a rumour x)

Supporting casts in Ryusei no Kizuna:
Kaname Jun
Minoru Toshinori
Shitara Osamu
Ryou
Terajima Susumu
Emoto Akira

Thank you for the confirmation from Jun's site, justlisax3! :salut:
However I don't think it's announced yet, who's gonna be who, Kaname Jun could be the young detective instead. But yeah, I guess the possibility for Kaname Jun to be Togami Yukinari is higher^^

I'm soooo happy abt Terajima Susumu!!^v^ I wonder who is he gonna be?? The siblings' father? Yukinari's father? Or, one of the guy Shizuna seduced?? :roll Terajima and Kaname's next drama together after Himitsu no Hanazono^^

Rori

Post by Rori » Aug 28th, '08, 00:07

Question... is this series only going to be 6 episodes long? Someone mentioned it in the RnK thread at crunchyroll and Dramawiki has it listed as 6 too.

justlisax3

Post by justlisax3 » Aug 28th, '08, 00:21

it's only listed as 6 so far because there's no official confirmation on how many episodes this drama will be. but definately not 6, i'd say at least 10 or 11.

anyway, has anyone found any rumors as to who's singing the theme song? i'm so anxious to know! haha, that team no batista drama is already confirmed for their opening song (sung by thelma aoyama), and since that's a fall drama too, i hope we get something on ryusei no kizuna soon.

Rori

Post by Rori » Aug 28th, '08, 00:26

justlisax3 wrote:it's only listed as 6 so far because there's no official confirmation on how many episodes this drama will be. but definately not 6, i'd say at least 10 or 11.
I see~ Thank you - glad to hear that! =D Really looking forward to this drama so was hoping it wouldn't only be 6 episodes long.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 28th, '08, 05:10

I heard its official that it'll start on October 17th! (it must has something to do with the 3 main leads are so busy in the meantime....)

Themesong rumour... weird one, though:
Will be sung by a unit consist of Nishikido Ryo and XXX, but NOT Nino. That is why I think it is weird... if its not Nino, then what's the point??? xD Or will it be one of the cast in Ryusei??? xD Or Toda Erika? LOL.

Episodes number is rumoured to be 9 episodes only.... hope its not true though...

Why do I feel the infos of this drama is kept so mysterious just like the story's genre?? lol.

Ahhh... official website onegaaaai!!! Make it soon, please!

justlisax3

Post by justlisax3 » Aug 28th, '08, 13:43

i actually hope it's on october 17th, since i'm home that day, lol. but anyway, i hope it's at least 10 episodes. 9 just seems too short. and ryo singing with someone? that better be fake too. :P yea, i hope the site will update soon. i want real info.

oturanx

Post by oturanx » Aug 29th, '08, 20:27

Really interesting because Nino and Ryo!!!! They both are very good actors and I can't believe they are going to be in a drama together!!!! And Kaname Jun!!!! :cheers:

Rori

Post by Rori » Aug 29th, '08, 20:34

Seriously, I get more and more excited for this drama every day. First because it's Nino and I just love his acting. He's brilliant. Haven't seen him for a while, either. Not counting his tiny appearance in Maou last time we had a dose of him was Yamada Taro. The fact that Ryo and Toda are also is just a bonus; I love them both and wasn't expecting to see Ryo so soon after Last Friends so really looking forward to seeing him play a new character.

Gah, Oct 17th isn't that far away to be honest, but also want some RnK info soon. :wub:

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Sep 1st, '08, 09:48

justlisax3 wrote:i've just read that kaname jun is gonna play the murderer that erika's character falls in love with...

is that true? i just read it on soompi, so i have no idea if it's confirmed or not.

EDIT: yessss! from jun's site:

■ドラマ■
連続ドラマTBS「流星の絆」に出演
10月金曜22時スタート

i did a translation on excite and he's in RYUSEI NO KIZUNA!
^ Wait, wouldn't he be the SON of the murderer, not the murderer himself?

Anyways, I really can't wait for this. :D This drama has such a strong cast, the rating for the first episode probably will be pretty high. o__o

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 1st, '08, 10:02

shannobi wrote:^ Wait, wouldn't he be the SON of the murderer, not the murderer himself?
Anyways, I really can't wait for this. :D This drama has such a strong cast, the rating for the first episode probably will be pretty high. o__o
Yes, he MIGHT play the role of the son of the person who resembles the murderer.
I doubt abt high ratings... probably 14% for ep1 at the most. Its Friday night, hard to get good ratings. But hmm, who knows~~

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Sep 1st, '08, 10:09

yanie wrote:
shannobi wrote:^ Wait, wouldn't he be the SON of the murderer, not the murderer himself?
Yes, he MIGHT play the role of the son of the person who resembles the murderer.
I doubt abt high ratings... probably 14% for ep1 at the most. Its Friday night, hard to get good ratings. But hmm, who knows~~
Oh yeah. I forgot about the time. Well, it probably could get high ratings in their time slot. Hopefully. :salut:

bikyo4ever_xxii

Post by bikyo4ever_xxii » Sep 1st, '08, 10:12

OMG!this is exciting!i really can't wait for this drama.oh men.i hope it's already October now.hehe. :D

Nino plus Ryo plus Erika totally rocks! star starred drama!:)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 2nd, '08, 13:07

Got this from 2ch, according to The Television magazine this week, these are the addition casts and their roles:

Kaname Jun as Togami Yukinari (Shizuna's love interest)
Shitara Osamu as Hagimura Shinji (Kashiwabara's young detective partner)
Terajima Susumu as Ariake Yukihiro (the siblings' father)
Ryou as Toko (the siblings' mother)
Emoto Akira as Togami Masayuki (Yukinari's father)

As I've read few chapters of the novel, Terajima fits in Yukihiro's image in my head!! :cheers: (just that the novel description is he's fat, while Terajima is not, but that's not a problem at all^^)
Ahhh... I was expecting Toko to be acted by someone with yasashiii and motherly face... Ryou is so not like this, but considering her past, I guess Ryou would fit in the character x)
I kept imagining Mukai Osamu as Yukinari, but well... Kaname is not a disappointing choice at all, I think^^ Just that Yukinari is a very yasashii, yasashii (nice and kind) man. I just can't see Kaname in that kind of character, but maybe he'll do well.

I'm really addicted to the story, much better than Maou :P On par with Byakuyakou, IMHO (actually better in a way for me, coz Ryusei is heart-warming, and not as depressing as Byakuyakou, but still Ryusei has deeper and more complex mysteries hidden^^)

mattroilanh_tt

Post by mattroilanh_tt » Sep 2nd, '08, 15:28

I think Kaname Jun is a good choice. Because he is mysterious, cold, kowai :D, diffirent from Ryo and Nino.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 3rd, '08, 00:39

mattroilanh_tt wrote:I think Kaname Jun is a good choice. Because he is mysterious, cold, kowai :D, diffirent from Ryo and Nino.
Aaand... the role he is going to play, is the exact opposite of that :whistling:

a2a

Post by a2a » Sep 3rd, '08, 20:11

But if you've seen him in Kimi wa hannin jyanai yo ne, he was acting all goofy and he was good at it. So if he can act like that I bet he can do the kind guy too. It's just that his face prompts to a cool guy. Well, we'll see how he does when the drama airs.
I really can't wait. Nino is one of my favorite actors and Kudokan my favorite screenwriter so it's like a dream collaboration for me! :D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 5th, '08, 08:58

Sorry, I need a place to let this go :P I'm totally in love with the story (the novel that is). After I translated a few paragraphs of Chapter 10, somehow I stopped typing and just continued reading up to Chapter 19!! xD That's how addicted I am! If it's not because I felt my eyes has turned seriously blurry looking at all the kanji-s from close distance, I don't think I'll stop reading x)

Higashino Keigo, yappa sugoi !! I guess, if he could write brilliant mysterious physics theories for Galileo, he can easily write brilliant swindling methods with economy theories as well. I'm amazed with the swindling methods he wrote in this book. I think I'd be fooled as well, if it really happens to me.

One interesting point is, I really think the novel has potential to be a comedy! Just seem that Higashino Keigo doesn't know how to write comedy, so he just leave it as it is... but with Kudo Kankuro's help I think what the siblings did to swindle the rich men's money can be turned to hillarious scenes!^^

I'll mention some examples, but of course these are spoilers^^
The basic trick is Shizuna has to get close to the targets and date them all. It's interesting that they can two, three-timing fraud actions at once. So in one period, Shizuna might have to date 2-3 rich guys and using different names^^ I pity the fact that Koichi is more of -behind the scene- guy though, it's always Taisuke and Shizuna who are acting, and their fraud plays are always interesting and somehow amusing. The first fraud they did wasn't all that amusing, but the 2nd one with a teacher as their target was quite amusing. The junior high teacher is so aggresive and easily gets jealous, so Taisuke had to disguise as an 'otaku' with long-hair wig (imagine Nishikido in a long-hair?? lol), and pretend getting close to Shizuna, to make that teacher jealous and for an excuse Shizuna has said before, he hastely lend her money, so that the "otaku" didn't come any closer to her^^ Then the 3rd play, Shizuna acted she's hurt and in tears, coz she has to break up with the rich guy and she's going to study abroad to New York, so she don't want to trouble the guy anymore, but the guy said he'll wait for her no matter how long it takes, and at the end Shizuna managed to make him willingly give her more money. I think Kudo Kankuro can exagerrate this scene more to make it a comedy^^

There were also stories of how the siblings got fraud in the past, and that was exactly what made them decide to be swindlers. Instead of being cheated, it's better if they cheat people. The swindling methods that took their money, in this flashback were very good too.

Taisuke and Shizuna tried to attract Togami Yukinari's attention at a luxurious party. This was a very interesting scene too^^ Taisuke and Shizuna are brilliant actor and actress, and Koichi is the brilliant director. But I really wish Koichi can join to be one of the "actor" too x) (just simply coz he's my fave character^^)
The first several chapters were really sad and depressing, but as they become adults, the story gets brighter, and definitely far from the depressing level Byakuyakou has :roll Can't get enough of these siblings!

On the side note, heard there's going to be a preview CM tonight, right after Maou! :cheers:

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 5th, '08, 10:52

I'm hooked from chapter 4 (thanks again yanie for translating this) it was such a sad chapter but it made me fall in love with these 3 siblings. Won't say anymore for spoilers. I really can't wait for this drama, especially to see Nino, Ryo and Toda play these 3 characters. Great cast for a fab story.
yanie wrote: The first several chapters were really sad and depressing, but as they become adults, the story gets brighter, and definitely far from the depressing level Byakuyakou has :roll Can't get enough of these siblings!
I really do hope it's far from depressing when comparing it to Byakuyakou - I'm currently watching this and it's hard to get through. Up to episode 5. Just not my type of drama at all but the story is keeping me interested enough to finish it. Eventually.
yanie wrote:On the side note, heard there's going to be a preview CM tonight, right after Maou! :cheers:
Don't watch Maou but I'm definitely keeping an eye out for this - didn't think they'd give us a CM so early. Hope it's a good one. [edit] - nvm, read on Jdorama.com that filming doesn't start until the 9th so the CM won't be much - Will keep my eyes peeled for it and hope it appears at all.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 5th, '08, 12:12

Official website is UP!!!

http://www.tbs.co.jp/ryuseinokizuna/

KIREEEEIII~~~~!!! :cheers: Love the rotating stars image!! And one of my dreams come true, Kono Shin is in charge of the music!!! (he was also the music composer for Food Fight, SekaChuu, Byakuyakou, Iryuu, HanaKimi, HachiKuro, Ryokiteki na Kanojo, etc)

Rori: yup, seem like the preview will be just pics of the main leads :P

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Sep 5th, '08, 12:50

I think I'm watching this, guess I have a thing for dark dramas. October will be a blast XD ~ !!

asfanino

Post by asfanino » Sep 5th, '08, 13:23

i CAN'T wait!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 5th, '08, 14:14

Omg, omg! People at 2ch are talking about the spot CM!!! The song is by David Bowie :blink (but they said most of preview/spot CMs uses western songs although those weren't the real themesongs) They talked abt Nino's narration, Nino looking mad, Toda Erika looking cute.... ahh, where can I download the clip??!?!

EDIT: Found it :D Kakkoiiiii~~~!!!!

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 5th, '08, 14:33

Woot! :cheers: Thanks for finding the clip so fast yanie, was busy earlier so couldn't check whether the CM was shown or not.

bikyo4ever_xxii

Post by bikyo4ever_xxii » Sep 6th, '08, 12:24

yanie
wee~ thank you so much for the link!:) it made me feel more excited!yatta!:)

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 6th, '08, 12:30

Yes, even though it's just pics of them I'm really hyped for this drama. Can't wait for a proper preview. Filming don't start for another 3 days, though. Oct 17th can't come fast enough.

justlisax3

Post by justlisax3 » Sep 8th, '08, 14:14

ryusei no kizuna in the autumn drama previews:

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 8th, '08, 20:36

:wub: They all look so great in that.

I want this series to start so badly and filming hasn't even started for it yet. xD

nzlyn

Post by nzlyn » Sep 8th, '08, 21:41

This is another drama that a lot of people would be looking forward to!!!

mattroilanh_tt

Post by mattroilanh_tt » Sep 12th, '08, 09:05

I am reading the translation of Yanie. The story become more and more interesting. However, I think 9-12 eps is too short to convey all of the story. I don't like K-drama because sometime, it is too long but for Ryusei no Kizuna, 15-16 eps is suitable.

justlisax3

Post by justlisax3 » Sep 12th, '08, 20:30

NEW CM! well, not new scenes, but can you guess who's voice this is?

....ryo <3333

bitt3r--sweet

Post by bitt3r--sweet » Sep 12th, '08, 20:51

Yum yum! Sooo anticipating this :D

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 12th, '08, 21:38

Ahhh, all these little teasers, I want some proper footage soon. It may be too early to ask for something like that, though.

justlisax3

Post by justlisax3 » Sep 17th, '08, 03:02

nino and ryo record for tokyo friends park on the 22nd, and it airs as a 2 hour SP on october 6th.

TV guide pictures:

from 2ch.

has there been any rumors on a theme song yet, btw? :unsure:

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 17th, '08, 03:18

Bah, I'm guessing TVU has removed all the Japanese channels it had by now so I need an alternative if I want to watch that Tokyo friends park.

Saw those pics on yanies/RnK's lj. Exactly a month to go until it airs. Yes, I am sad enough to count down the days. ~_~

No idea about the theme song.

minamichan03

Post by minamichan03 » Sep 17th, '08, 15:18

i'm so wanting to watch this drama already!! hehe.. :roll

justlisax3

Post by justlisax3 » Sep 21st, '08, 12:52

Arashi will be singing the theme song! it's called "Beautiful Days", out on November 5th.

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainmen ... T00175.htm

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Sep 21st, '08, 17:44

Eh~ Arashi again ?! I was honestley expecting some other artist. It can't be helped i guess.
Arashi make a wonderful song !

a2a

Post by a2a » Sep 21st, '08, 20:28

Arashi were overworked this year! More than any other JE artist! I hope they don't collapse! But I'm really happy they will do the theme song! They are my no1 favorites after all! :D

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Sep 22nd, '08, 07:02

^ agree with the post above... among all JE artists this year Arashi is the most overworked... but I love it... lol! And Oh! they are making us poor... :lol
I guess its in preparation for their 10th year...

Anyway... back to topic... I can't wait for Ryusei to start and where can I read the translations for the novel?? :-)

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Sep 22nd, '08, 07:39

totally_0bsessed wrote:Anyway... back to topic... I can't wait for Ryusei to start and where can I read the translations for the novel?? :-)
You can read the translation here @Ryusei no Kizuna LJ community.

You'll have to join the community though (therefore you need an LiveJournal account) in order to read the novel because it's friends locked.

I was so excited when yanie announced she would be subbing the novel. Now i'm still undecided if to read the novel before the drama starts or after ^^;;;

beepin328

Post by beepin328 » Sep 22nd, '08, 09:51

I can't wait to watch this! I'm glad that it's Arashi doing the theme song. :cry: Although my wallet will be bleeding after this...

justlisax3

Post by justlisax3 » Sep 22nd, '08, 11:22

NEW news clip with arashi's "beautiful days" in the background:

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Sep 22nd, '08, 14:55

im a little surprise the theme song is quite poppish cuz i thought the drama would be dark. i'll have to wait and watch the first episode before deciding if the theme song suits it though.

oh, and the single is available for pre-order on CDJapan already. ^^

Iam-chan

Post by Iam-chan » Sep 22nd, '08, 16:58

:O :O :O :O :O

Aaaahhhh!..it can't be..before watching the video that justlisax3 posted I was the whole
time looking forward for this drama, and always took it so seriously because from what
I read that it's suspense! :unsure:
But, what the...?! I'm not taking this drama seriously after I watched that video anymore
and somehow became a not-looking forward to it!
ALSO, what's with the opening theme!..by arashi it's okay, but that poppish to a suspense
:whistling: ..I wonder if they really fit together!
I feel like something is going wrong
:blink :blink :blink :blink

justlisax3

Post by justlisax3 » Sep 23rd, '08, 02:53

mika nakashima's ORION is now the insert song:
"ORION" is used as the insert song for TV drama 「流星の絆」 (Ryusei no Kizuna), to be aired from Oct 17th onwards.

Official Ryusei no Kizuna Website
:wub:

listen here:

justlisax3

Post by justlisax3 » Sep 23rd, '08, 10:57

sorry to double post... :unsure:
Singer Mika Nakashima is taking on her first acting role in a television drama series since "Shiritsu Tantei Hama Mike" in 2002. She has been cast in TBS's "Ryusei no Kizuna," which features young stars Kazunari Ninomiya, Ryo Nishikido, and Erika Toda.

The drama, based on a mystery novel by popular writer Keigo Higashino, was first announced in July. The story follows three siblings who lose their parents to a murderer and subsequently become a team of swindlers to get revenge against the killer.

Nakashima plays a character that was not in the original story - a mysterious woman who is a regular customer at the restaurant where the oldest brother (Ninomiya) works. Her first appearance is in the show's second episode.

Nakashima is also providing a ballad called "ORION," to be used as an insert song in the drama. "ORION" will be released as a single on November 12.

"Ryusei no Kizuna" premieres on October 17.
from tokyograph.

news clip:
Last edited by justlisax3 on Sep 23rd, '08, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Sep 23rd, '08, 11:04

Alecsa-chan wrote:
totally_0bsessed wrote:Anyway... back to topic... I can't wait for Ryusei to start and where can I read the translations for the novel?? :-)
You can read the translation here @Ryusei no Kizuna LJ community.

You'll have to join the community though (therefore you need an LiveJournal account) in order to read the novel because it's friends locked.

I was so excited when yanie announced she would be subbing the novel. Now i'm still undecided if to read the novel before the drama starts or after ^^;;;
KyaA~! Thanks A LOT! Im going to read it asap! :P

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Sep 23rd, '08, 16:34

Now i'm totally confused!!!

Wasn;t Mika's ORION supposed to be the theme song for Innocent Love, Maki's dorama?
Now it's the insert song for Ryuusei no Kizuna AND she has a role in this? *jumps up and down like crazY* I can't believe it. I sincerely am shocked. In a very nice way! I absolutely love Mika. Hope she'll do good :w00t:

Kumonoito

Post by Kumonoito » Sep 23rd, '08, 17:10

I repeat it like i did everywhere, ORION being the theme song for Innocent Love was only a RUMOUR posted on 2ch. I think a source revealed that the song will be used as a drama theme, but didn't mention which one though.

Well, in a way, I'm glad it's ryusei no kizuna's insert song =) not too fan of beautiful days so far xD

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Sep 23rd, '08, 17:31

Kumonoito wrote:Well, in a way, I'm glad it's ryusei no kizuna's insert song =) not too fan of beautiful days so far xD
Me neither ^^;;

And thak you for the explanation on Mika's song. I've been reading only the Innocent Love thread @DA and people there were quite sure that ORION would be the theme song of that drama.

Now YAY~ for Mika & ORION & Ryusei no Kizuna.

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Sep 23rd, '08, 17:43

i thought ORION was confirmed to be Innocent Love's theme song cuz no where in that thread i saw the word rumour. but now that everything's been cleared up, im glad ORION is the insert song for Ryusei. it's more suitable and a beautiful song. ^^ it'll be interesting to see Mika acting too cuz i've only seen her in NANA.

the_lilone

Post by the_lilone » Sep 25th, '08, 03:44

BAHHHH~ i wasn't super looking forward to the drama.... i used to be a fan of Nishikido Ryo but not so much anymore and also not too big of a fan of Ninomiya Kazunari or Toda Erika.... (please don't kill me :-( ) still was gonna watch it cuz the synopsis look cool.... :unsure:

but WOWWW!!! NAKASHIMA MIKA is like the best reason for me to watch this drama!!! i'm so excited to see her act!! as i haven't finished reading the NANA comics so i didn't want to see the movies yet... hehe ^^

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Sep 25th, '08, 04:27

^lol, don't worry, I am not a fan of the Johnny ent. people at all. xD

The plot seems so intriguing and I really like Toda, so I might watch it. I never watched NANA before but I am excited to see/hear Nakashima in the drama/song. :)

Hilalyah

Post by Hilalyah » Oct 7th, '08, 18:18

I am So excited to Ryusei no Kizuna :wub:

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Oct 11th, '08, 05:10

Thanks for linking the LJ community! *joins*

Btw, I heard the TFP2 episode is out? Hope somebody will upload it onto MU or something at the community. *cough*

XDD;

Stariella

Post by Stariella » Oct 17th, '08, 08:43

I'm not a fan of the main 3 cast, but Mika Nakashima is in this??!! This is uber cool... I haven't seen her in anything for a long time. Couldn't wait to see her appearance!! (:

ganstream2

Post by ganstream2 » Oct 17th, '08, 14:02

First eps looks good. A bit of comedy now and then...

Romance

Post by Romance » Oct 17th, '08, 14:11

WHAT was up with the first episode? At some moments it felt like one of the worst dramas ever... why so much comedy that isnt funny?...

Only the last few minutes were interesting, everything else just felt... plain bad.

Already feel this wont even be close to touch the masterpiece BYAKUYAKOU

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 17th, '08, 14:36

I don't know what to say, but it's not at all what I thought it'd be O_o I mean, the poster looks mysterious &all.. I expected something more.... serious ^^; & what with the dorama in dorama? cosplay? & the ending is a bit,
ok no matter how mature the kids are, their reactions to their parents death is just... surprised?!! I mean with all the blood& all, I'd had scream& run outside..

crocus

Post by crocus » Oct 17th, '08, 14:50

Romance wrote:WHAT was up with the first episode? At some moments it felt like one of

Already feel this wont even be close to touch the masterpiece BYAKUYAKOU

for me Byakuyakou is so up there... at first, of course i was expecting something darky and shadowy like that, but after all the promos and the previews, i try not to put any high hope on this and i'm glad i didn't...

ganstream2

Post by ganstream2 » Oct 17th, '08, 15:24

I'm guessing the series will get darker as they come closer to the killer. I dunno...

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Oct 17th, '08, 16:51

I am among those of you who can't tell if this is supposed to be a comedy or a drama.. from the commercials it seemed like it was gonna be a dark drama, but from the first episode.. now I don't know anymore. But I'm not going to judge it on it's first episode :)

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Oct 17th, '08, 19:23

The pacing is all weird, like the book, from the first few chapters I read, was all deep and stuff and I watch the first episode and its so light hearted... Its weird... in a way.... I dunno. I need to finish the book actually XD

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » Oct 17th, '08, 19:39

So who's softsubbing this? ...can I?

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Oct 17th, '08, 20:38

i'm all confused ^^;;;
i see the Kudokan elements but.. the drama in the drama is really weird.
I did laugh out loud at some really weird (supposedly funny) scenes but i think subs will help.
not a good first episode but will watch all the way.
please do get better as the series continues.

and yes, I have a feeling it'll be darker as it goes on but not as dark as people are hoping for.
wishing for a willing, dedicated, fast and accurate translator / softsubber :D

triad636

Post by triad636 » Oct 18th, '08, 00:54

I just skimmed around the episode, I have a question in the spoilers, maybe someone who read the book or who knows whats going on can answer...
So... is ryo only in episode one or something? is her character really dead, no point in me going on if this is so :cry:

mattroilanh_tt

Post by mattroilanh_tt » Oct 18th, '08, 01:25

Kakijun wrote:So who's softsubbing this? ...can I?
As far as I am concerned, no one announced softsubbing yet. I hope you do softsub for this series.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 18th, '08, 05:26

triad636 wrote:I just skimmed around the episode, I have a question in the spoilers, maybe someone who read the book or who knows whats going on can answer...
So... is ryo only in episode one or something? is her character really dead, no point in me going on if this is so :cry:
Ryou, the actress, right? She will be a regular cast for the whole series, because there will be more flashback throughout the series :-)
The pacing was weird, indeed. But I did expect the humor and all. After I read the novel, I know the story is nothing like Byakuyakou, so I didn't expect it to be anything like that.

I THINK, and I wish, it'll get better though. The first episode need to focus on introducing characters. The real story will start in the next episode.

It's better to have a "good but not great" first episode, rather than an "excellent" first episode, but getting worse as the story progresses :D

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » Oct 18th, '08, 05:32

Just finished the first episode. Pretty good imo. Did anyone read the note at the end? "The scene where they were double riding on the bike was performed under safe conditions. For your safety, please do not attempt it." or whatever. First time ive seen something like that in a jdrama

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 18th, '08, 07:13

Yeah, I was surprised, I thought it was a "this drama is fiction" warning, but it shouldnt be that long so I paused and read it, and apparently it was about the bicycle! Maybe the bicycle accidents increased in Tokyo lately x)