[Discussion] Ryusei no Kizuna - Nino, Ryo, Toda Erika

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Nov 26th, '08, 00:18

Kakijun wrote:
Their dad is my favorite character! What a crazy personality. Gambler/gangster guy by day. Great(lol kinda) dad by night.
And the actor is always great and solid in every drama I've seen him in.

I think RnK in general is full of good performances.

justsayes

Post by justsayes » Nov 26th, '08, 03:22

chokubi wrote:I like how they still use humor in the show at this point, despite it going almost full-time serious.
And that it's very subtle and used sparingly.
And that it wouldn't make sense to inject those humor scenes if it weren't for the earlier wacky episodes.
True. It's such a big jump now that I'm re-watching the series again with the hardsubs because all the humor was let loose in the beginning and now that it's toning down, I find that I'm actually missing it. But in no means am I hating the serious dramatic turn of events either; I feel like it's actually getting into the meat of the show when earlier they were just dangling little pieces to entice and tease us :lol
chokubi wrote:
justsayes wrote:Mika singing randomly, as in part of the drama, was cheesy.
Have to applaud them for the original idea though. Although it could have used a better transition scene IMO... :fear:
I'll give them that. If it was any other drama though, I don't know... :whistling: So I guess it's one of those things I'll call "only in RnK" :lol

And I 3rded the scenes that were 2nded!
In response to rdoll:
rdoll wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that their parents were not a ' good guy'. I think their father stole the recipe from Togami. Maybe the only one who cant see it is them.
I think it's interesting that the supposed Ariake couple murderer is shown in a sympathetic light. After episode 6 I can't say I was totally, totally all for the siblings' cause, because they weren't the only ones who had been through hard times either. I still want them to find justice, but at the same time I'm hoping the murderer isn't Togami Sr. :fear:
To auroragb:
auroragb wrote:Any shippers here? Shizuna x Taisuke or Shizuna x Koichi? Maybe Shizuna x Togami or Shizuna x Takayama?

What sucks is that I think that Shizuna will end up with no one. :cussing:
Doujinshi time :P
Shizuna X any guy from the show under 30 will do hahahaha

Doujinshi pls!

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Nov 27th, '08, 13:42

i love it when mika nakashima pops up out of nowhere

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 27th, '08, 17:55

ShizunaxYukinari HAS TO end up together!! ^v^ Sagi and Axel too, haha!

Not_Priority

Post by Not_Priority » Nov 28th, '08, 03:51

this drama is good.....dark story is my favorite :D:D:D

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Nov 28th, '08, 06:01

I really like Ninomiya's character here in this drama. He's so serious sometimes, but then he has a silly side that makes me laugh.

Well, I like all of the characters. This is surprisingly good. Too bad the ratings plummeted, because I really like this.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 28th, '08, 13:58

Episode 7
THE LAST SCENE!!!! :cheers: That was EXACTLY what I wanna see!!! KOICHI RAGED! Nino was so wonderful!!! I cant wait until he confronts Shii abt her feelings for Yukinari! I really hope they have it in the drama, it was my favorite in the book... siblings confrontation!^^ Taisuke-Shizuna conversation in the middle of the night was pretty intensed, although it kinda disgusted me, coz Taisuke was kinda confessing his feelings to Shii^^;;;
Shizuna-Yukinari romantic scenes at Yokosuka was lovelyyyy.... a good addition for the drama! They really need more romantic scenes! :wub: They didn't have many in the book...
Cant judge how good Ep7 though, coz I only caught the last half xD I missed Sagi scene, aaargh!

tsksquared

Post by tsksquared » Nov 29th, '08, 13:20

ep 7
what is up with these dramas on siblings liking each other?! Is it just me or does anyone else think that it's really weird liking your sister even there is no blood relation? and the whole scene where Taisuke and Shizuna when he told her that he was really worried about Shii coming home so late (past 12 :roll ), NOT because she is his sister but more than that. Could he word it anymore awkwardly? I'm surprised Shii didn't say anything. She should've noticed their feelings by now.

oh, lol @ Mika calling Ryo ''Tare-me Nuresenbei.''

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 29th, '08, 13:52

tsksquared wrote:ep 7
what is up with these dramas on siblings liking each other?!
I have to say that part put me off too :glare: But, at least, its not 'each other'.

jica

Post by jica » Nov 29th, '08, 23:59

About the siblings thing...
Yeah, it seems rather common you can see in dramas or read in mangas/books about sibling love.

However, I guess that if you have known all your life that the person isn't your sibling, and you are close, maybe it's like those who falls in love with their best friend.

I think that Taisuke (if he indeed is in love with Shii) thinks it's wrong to 'love' Shii because he should see her as a sister, but in the same time can't help himself because he knows that she isn't his sister. Same goes with Koichi I think. So it is not totally weird from their side.

On the other hand, Shii has all her life thought of them as her brothers, even if it was hinted that she knew all along, but she sees them as her brothers, and suddenly the truth was revealed, but I think she will still see them as brothers. That would be weird if she started to have romantic feelings for any of them. (I think Erika and Ryo are cute together, but maybe in another drama.... ^^;).
EDIT: Must say I liked the part when Mika sang in the drama, you heard the song as part of the scenes and the she suddenly pops up and continues singing, and if feels like you're suddenly visiting a PV. I think it was quite cool. ^^

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Nov 30th, '08, 01:11

jica wrote:About the siblings thing...
Yeah, it seems rather common you can see in dramas or read in mangas/books about sibling love.

However, I guess that if you have known all your life that the person isn't your sibling, and you are close, maybe it's like those who falls in love with their best friend.

I think that Taisuke (if he indeed is in love with Shii) thinks it's wrong to 'love' Shii because he should see her as a sister, but in the same time can't help himself because he knows that she isn't his sister. Same goes with Koichi I think. So it is not totally weird from their side.

On the other hand, Shii has all her life thought of them as her brothers, even if it was hinted that she knew all along, but she sees them as her brothers, and suddenly the truth was revealed, but I think she will still see them as brothers. That would be weird if she started to have romantic feelings for any of them. (I think Erika and Ryo are cute together, but maybe in another drama.... ^^;).
Agree.
Taisuke acted more like a best friend for Shiizuna than a brother. Being a straight forward kind of person, its only natural for him to feel its ok to love Shii since he knew they were not siblings. Not that I wanted them to end up together (Yukinari/Shizuna makes more sense) but Taisuke feelings for Shii is not something to be disgusted of imo. But if its Koichi... :crazy:

saya317

Post by saya317 » Nov 30th, '08, 01:21

jica wrote:About the siblings thing...

You've pretty much said how I feel about the siblings. XD No, seriously, I've been spending 15 minutes to find something to say, but you said everything for me. ^_^

syaokizz

Post by syaokizz » Nov 30th, '08, 07:08

Ehhhh!! :( Am I the only one who actually enjoy the sibling love in this drama?
That is the one keep me interested in the drama. I squeal every time Koichi or Taisuke seems jealous with Togami :3 I know there will be some relationship developments the moment they mention Shizuka is not their real sister and aksjdsdsji there are!! so I'm really happy ^^

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Nov 30th, '08, 08:44

syaokizz wrote:Ehhhh!! :( Am I the only one who actually enjoy the sibling love in this drama?
That is the one keep me interested in the drama. I squeal every time Koichi or Taisuke seems jealous with Togami :3 I know there will be some relationship developments the moment they mention Shizuka is not their real sister and aksjdsdsji there are!! so I'm really happy ^^
^ I agree. Makes it more interesting imho.
Kouichi and Shii are cute, and Taisuke and Shii too. XD For some reason, it reminds me of

Has anyone seen that Canadian show? Life with Derek? Apparently people like sibling-ish romance, because there are a lot of Dasey fans, and they're step-sibs.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 30th, '08, 12:59

brokenparadise wrote:
but Taisuke feelings for Shii is not something to be disgusted of imo. But if its Koichi... :crazy:
Wait a minute, its okay for you if Taisuke have feelings for Shii? But not Koichi?^^;; Koichi knew they're not siblings from the beginning too, y'know^^

I think its awkward and unusual, that when you know someone from childhood, living under the same roof with them since childhood and grew up together, living together as siblings with the same parents from childhood, and yet you can grow feelings more than siblings for the other? Of course, its a totally different story, if they become step siblings after you grow up like the love story in Clueless(Alicia Silverstone =P). But Koichi-Taisuke-Shizuna knew each other from childhood... does that mean Koichi and Taisuke had already love Shii more than a sister ever since she was 3?? xD At least make them 14-15 and Shii 10 years old... there's still possibility for feelings... but 6-8 yr olds with a 3 year old? x)

I prefer to think that Koichi and Taisuke were just being confused of their own feelings. Loving Shizuna as a sister so much yet, they knew the fact Shii is not their sister, kinda mixed up their feelings. Not to mention, they only have each other ever since their parents were murdered. So I'd like it if they make the love story blur...
But the Taisuke-Shii scene kinda put me off, coz he was being too blunt abt his feelings... which means that I cannot think of what I want to think of, again, abt their feelings to Shii x)

I'm sorry that I picked the wrong word, I take it back, it was not disgusting at all, Taisuke-Shii scene in Ep7 was good... just that Taisuke's semi-confession disappointed me a bit :roll

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Nov 30th, '08, 15:05

yanie wrote:
Wait a minute, its okay for you if Taisuke have feelings for Shii? But not Koichi?^^;; Koichi knew they're not siblings from the beginning too, y'know^^

I think its awkward and unusual, that when you know someone from childhood, living under the same roof with them since childhood and grew up together, living together as siblings with the same parents from childhood, and yet you can grow feelings more than siblings for the other? Of course, its a totally different story, if they become step siblings after you grow up like the love story in Clueless(Alicia Silverstone =P). But Koichi-Taisuke-Shizuna knew each other from childhood... does that mean Koichi and Taisuke had already love Shii more than a sister ever since she was 3?? xD At least make them 14-15 and Shii 10 years old... there's still possibility for feelings... but 6-8 yr olds with a 3 year old? x)

I prefer to think that Koichi and Taisuke were just being confused of their own feelings. Loving Shizuna as a sister so much yet, they knew the fact Shii is not their sister, kinda mixed up their feelings. Not to mention, they only have each other ever since their parents were murdered. So I'd like it if they make the love story blur...
But the Taisuke-Shii scene kinda put me off, coz he was being too blunt abt his feelings... which means that I cannot think of what I want to think of, again, abt their feelings to Shii x)

I'm sorry that I picked the wrong word, I take it back, it was not disgusting at all, Taisuke-Shii scene in Ep7 was good... just that Taisuke's semi-confession disappointed me a bit :roll
Yes I know he knows too but there's a difference between Koichi & Taisuke's role towards Shii. Koichi very clearly treated Shii as his little sister while Taisuke acted more like her best friend even though they've established that they are a family. To me Koichi is like the father figure and he shouldn't have any feelings more than platonic love towards Shii, and I believe Koichi is smart enough to realize that. Its ":crazy: " to me because Shii totally and very obviously adore/respects him as an older brother. And I think it'll just make Koichi so much stupider than he already is if he'd fallen for Shii and complicate things further.

I'm not saying that both brother have fallen in love with Shii since she was 3,6 or at any young age (gosh ... that's just puppy love) but I believe the love grew with time especially when Taisuke (just him because he is simple minded and all...) had burned in his mind that they have no blood relation. Its no sin for him to love Shii but the love got to be mutual. If I'm Shii, I would definitely not return the feelings but from someone like Taisuke the love is plausible. Its like falling in love with your best friend. She had been with him forever, then *POOF* he realized its love, especially when the thought of losing her suddenly pops up now that she's a grown woman. Like you said, with their parents gone they had nothing but each other to rely on so this strong relationship somehow could bloom into love since well.. they are NOT siblings.. ok they are, but not blood related. But this only applies for Taisuke because his straight forward nature. It fits perfectly with how Kudo Kankuro had described Taisuke's character.

syaokizz

Post by syaokizz » Nov 30th, '08, 15:47

Let just wait for the character development and see, if they fall in love with each other and they're happy then let them be. I'm totally fine with it. I don't know why there's awkwardness or disgusting in any relationship that 2 people truly love each other. Just like people oppose prop 8 because they think 2 people love each other despite their different in gender is disgusting.
As for me, i personally think it's convenient to fall in love with someone that understand you for ages. :P

The last scene in epi 7 left me squealing~

saya317

Post by saya317 » Dec 1st, '08, 03:11

I'm trailing away from the topic of "sibling love" for a bit. ^_^
You never how much of the script is ad-libbed, but who else spotted one in ep07? At least it seemed like an ad-lib...
It was during the scene of Koichi and Tai by the seaside there, when Koichi told Tai that he wasn't an idiot. The way Nino paused before and after going back to the original script, and the way Ryo shyly said "Arigato." I don't know why I'm so happy about spotting an ad-lib. ^^'

shiningstarss

Post by shiningstarss » Dec 1st, '08, 14:15

what's does ad-libbed mean? it says spontaneous speech in dictionary.. u mean the script is not the script? ( ̄~ ̄;)??

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 1st, '08, 18:04

syaokizz wrote:
Let just wait for the character development and see, if they fall in love with each other and they're happy then let them be. I'm totally fine with it. I don't know why there's awkwardness or disgusting in any relationship that 2 people truly love each other. Just like people oppose prop 8 because they think 2 people love each other despite their different in gender is disgusting.
As for me, i personally think it's convenient to fall in love with someone that understand you for ages. :P

Its okay for you even if 2 birth siblings falling in love like in MatsuJun's Boku wa Imouto wo Koi suru??? :blink Haha... I still think love between the Ariake siblings is awkward.... NOT disgusting at all, though... just awkward, like "Eh?"...
I think its because I have 2 older brothers as well, and so siblings love is really unthinkable for me xD

Chen Yisi

Post by Chen Yisi » Dec 2nd, '08, 05:50

Hey gyus, wikidrama has been updated and it seems like there'll be 10 episodes for the drama.
So... only 3 to go now!

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » Dec 2nd, '08, 06:12

Chen Yisi wrote:Hey gyus, wikidrama has been updated and it seems like there'll be 10 episodes for the drama.
So... only 3 to go now!
Seriously!?Cheers for less work for me! :cheers: Boo for less Ryuusei. :x I'll try to find some harder evidence than wiki then update the sub thread. Thanks for the info.

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Dec 2nd, '08, 06:19

syaokizz wrote:

^ I agree with this. Oh, I haven't seen episode 7 though. I'll go now. :salut:

Romance

Post by Romance » Dec 2nd, '08, 08:06

Let me ask you guys a question!
I stopped watching after the first 2 episodes, seemed to be too silly and light for my taste. But does it get better after that, more heavy, more deep?
No bashing just asking, might be taking this one up again :thumright:

justsayes

Post by justsayes » Dec 2nd, '08, 10:12

@ Romance: For me, it does. Having watched all the humor from the first episodes, and comparing it to the second half of the series, it's actually made me start to miss it. Not in a bad way of course; I think with the humor, it established the bond among the siblings and how they rely on each other. Now that the series is taking a serious turn, it's interesting to see what happens that bond, and the fact that the plot is starting to revolve more around the whole whodunnit mystery.

Hope you get into it again!

saya317

Post by saya317 » Dec 2nd, '08, 21:40

shiningstarss wrote:what's does ad-libbed mean? it says spontaneous speech in dictionary.. u mean the script is not the script? ( ̄~ ̄;)??
Ad-lib is kind of like adding in your own lines or jokes; going with the flow and improvising. Used a lot in comedy.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 3rd, '08, 19:38

It looks like Ryuusei will be the top rated evening drama of this season :cheers:

Keiko Harumiya

Post by Keiko Harumiya » Dec 4th, '08, 16:29

I'm really liking this drama <33 It's been a while since I follow a drama like this ^_^

About the siblings thing...
I don't know why people find it so terrible and disgussting, really. I don't know how old Koichi and Taisuke were... maybe 8 and 6? This is, surely they didn't get feelings for Shii then but they always knew she wasn't their sister.

I don't think it's so impossible that the boys feelings changed while they grew up... I don't think Shii can ever return their feelings at all though but I just don't see anything bad about it...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 6th, '08, 02:03

Episode 8 is AWESOME!
And, I have a feeling this is gonna be TaisukeXShizuna(RyoXErika) shippers favorite episode :lol
The opening scene with the siblings arguement was superb! I repeated it over and over. The intense scenes were great, the scene where Shizuna has to put the recipe book at Togami's house, also the last scene with Shizuna, Takayama, Yukinari, Koichi, Taisuke!!! Really COOL!
Koichi and Taisuke's talk about IF their parents still alive, their father would tell them to get some haircut, and their mother would persistently ask about their girlfriends and marriage plans, really moved me.
And, somehow I dont feel awkward about Taisuke and Shizuna anymore, or maybe I'm just getting used to the idea :lol Maybe the way Shizuna can talk about it openly in the opening scene (she said Taisuke is jealous^^) helps.
YukinariXShizunaXTaisuke scene at night was the BEST romantic moment in this drama so far! I really love how Shizuna hugged Yukinari, then when she left him and ran upstairs, she found Taisuke there with a complicated expression.. but then he smiled and give that V sign. I really love Ryo's expression here! Sugoku yokatta! RyoErika really have good romance chemistry. Once again, I think they should act together in a romance drama someday! Its really a pity they're siblings here, so they have to hold it back xD There were some other TaisukeXShizuna moments. If you love this pair, you'll love it! I'm not really into this pair, but I can totally feel the spark xD Too bad... I really like YukinariXShizuna pair in the book, but Kaname Jun and Toda Erika's chemistry is not too good...^^;;
Great episode!! And Takayama is back too... really cant ask for more xD Hope he'll be back again for the last episode! Next ep... is Sagi's turn to be back! She's really cute! Haha... "Hayashi Do-Rice" :lol

himitsu124

Post by himitsu124 » Dec 6th, '08, 02:21

The Ryusei no Kizuna OST was released 3 days ago and yet I still can't find it. ;__;

Anyone here having any luck getting a hold of it? I really love the show's BG music.

saya317

Post by saya317 » Dec 6th, '08, 06:21

I've been wondering the same thing. ^^

mattroilanh_tt

Post by mattroilanh_tt » Dec 8th, '08, 02:44

Rating of Ep 8 is... 11.5. Hu... hu... :cry:

saya317

Post by saya317 » Dec 8th, '08, 07:35

Whao, what a drop! I really thought it'd stay at least above 12%. And this was one of the best episode so far. Shame.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 11th, '08, 23:25

Nino, Ryo, Erika will be acting LIVE for 2 minutes right after Episode 9! It's going to be a LIVE BROADCAST of 2-mins drama! :cheers:

More details at:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/ryuseinokizuna/news/ (Japanese)
http://community.livejournal.com/ryuseinokizuna/ (English)

DON'T MISS IT!

chckboy5

Post by chckboy5 » Dec 12th, '08, 04:32

where can i get ep 8 subs?

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Dec 12th, '08, 05:10

yanie wrote:Nino, Ryo, Erika will be acting LIVE for 2 minutes right after Episode 9! It's going to be a LIVE BROADCAST of 2-mins drama! :cheers:

More details at:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/ryuseinokizuna/news/ (Japanese)
http://community.livejournal.com/ryuseinokizuna/ (English)

DON'T MISS IT!
Wow, so this means there's only two episodes to come? I'm totally not ready for this drama to end yet...
Sometimes it's good that jdramas are short (solid story and it actually ends before they screw it up), but then there's times you could watch more of it and you can't. :( I got pretty fond of the Ariake Three.

Well, it's still 3 episodes for me (need the subs), so it's not over yet.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Dec 12th, '08, 10:46

Some highlights on ep8:
yanie wrote:The opening scene with the siblings arguement was superb! I repeated it over and over.
Yeah, it was damn realistic; those with 2 or more siblings (such as myself) can definitely relate to that scene. :thumright:
yanie wrote:The intense scenes were great.
Talk about watching the entire ep8 at the edge of my seat! :sweat:
It's been awhile since a single drama episode can exude that much suspense & surprise!

lynchmob72

Post by lynchmob72 » Dec 12th, '08, 16:50

The end was pretty good too. I really didn't expect any of it to happen that way. It really has me hyped for ep 9. Also, the cast is excellent. I have seen them all in other shows, but i think they shine a bit more working together. I hope to see more of them in the future.

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Dec 13th, '08, 15:37

himitsu124 wrote:The Ryusei no Kizuna OST was released 3 days ago and yet I still can't find it. ;__;
http://community.livejournal.com/ryusei ... 62745.html ^_^

Rori

Post by Rori » Dec 14th, '08, 20:18

Ep 9 + further spoilers:
and just to be even more careful, DO NOT highlight if you DON'T KNOW who the killer is and don't want to find out until RnK has finished airing:

Urgh, I can't get the spoiler tags to work properly, so just highlight to read:

After watching the end to ep 9, I couldn't resist running off and googling 'RnK killer' Yeah, what a way to spoiler myself but I wouldn't be able to sit still for the next week. I had a hunch that that the old guy wasn't the killer but now... after I found out who it was, and the REASON for it, I'm really shocked and feel really let down. That guy... I won't say his name (Ok, that's only because I can't remember it. What kind of fan am I ey'? Can't even remember Yukinari's fathers name either) Anywho~ he was like a father to those three, a bit, anyway. Then there's the convos in ep 9 with Koichi on the phone to him, crying a bit? And it's all gonna crumble in the last episode.

Honestly, when the old guy said he wasn't the killer, almost everyone in the series went through my mind of who it could be but HE was the last person I expected. I predict a sad ending whether Ariake 3 get to open their own curry shop and live happily ever or not, I definitely won't enjoy watching them find out who really killed their mum and dad.

--

omzh

Post by omzh » Dec 14th, '08, 21:31

highlight

Gosh, are you trying to say george is the killer??
Rori wrote:Ep 9 + further spoilers:
and just to be even more careful, DO NOT highlight if you DON'T KNOW who the killer is and don't want to find out until RnK has finished airing:

Urgh, I can't get the spoiler tags to work properly, so just highlight to read:

After watching the end to ep 9, I couldn't resist running off and googling 'RnK killer' Yeah, what a way to spoiler myself but I wouldn't be able to sit still for the next week. I had a hunch that that the old guy wasn't the killer but now... after I found out who it was, and the REASON for it, I'm really shocked and feel really let down. That guy... I won't say his name (Ok, that's only because I can't remember it. What kind of fan am I ey'? Can't even remember Yukinari's fathers name either) Anywho~ he was like a father to those three, a bit, anyway. Then there's the convos in ep 9 with Koichi on the phone to him, crying a bit? And it's all gonna crumble in the last episode.

Honestly, when the old guy said he wasn't the killer, almost everyone in the series went through my mind of who it could be but HE was the last person I expected. I predict a sad ending whether Ariake 3 get to open their own curry shop and live happily ever or not, I definitely won't enjoy watching them find out who really killed their mum and dad.

--

Rori

Post by Rori » Dec 14th, '08, 23:23

omzh wrote:

highlight

Gosh, are you trying to say george is the killer??
Highlight:

Er no, not quite. >_> Maybe I shouldn't have added 'he was like a father to them'

But no, it's not him.

syaokizz

Post by syaokizz » Dec 14th, '08, 23:30

I know who the real killer is, but i want to know how exactly it turn out that way... that's quite a shock

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Dec 15th, '08, 03:46

I also was spoiled today and it oddly turned out to be the person I for some reason thought was the killer in ep. 1 but then once we got to know the character I thought no way... I guess it fits if you think about it. But it is sad.
That spoiler does not reveal the killer but I put it under tags just in case.

danonina27

who???

Post by danonina27 » Dec 15th, '08, 04:35

marspeach wrote:
I also was spoiled today and it oddly turned out to be the person I for some reason thought was the killer in ep. 1 but then once we got to know the character I thought no way... I guess it fits if you think about it. But it is sad.

i really want to know who? can someone actually say who it is..please i cant figure it out :scratch:

marspeach

Re: who???

Post by marspeach » Dec 15th, '08, 04:40

danonina27 wrote:
marspeach wrote:

i really want to know who? can someone actually say who it is..please i cant figure it out :scratch:
Okay, since you asked...

KILLER REVEALED IN THIS SPOILER!!!
Detective Kashiwabara

omoiyou

Post by omoiyou » Dec 15th, '08, 05:14

Anyone can link or put a hidden spoiler for explanation of killing?

Rori

Post by Rori » Dec 15th, '08, 05:26

omoiyou wrote:Anyone can link or put a hidden spoiler for explanation of killing?
More spoilers of the killer:
From what I read on the blog I got the spoiler off was that it was for money to pay for his sons' surgery.

Hopefully someone who has finished the book can explain a bit better. For now that's all I know

omoiyou

Post by omoiyou » Dec 15th, '08, 06:15

Rori wrote:
omoiyou wrote:Anyone can link or put a hidden spoiler for explanation of killing?
More spoilers of the killer:
From what I read on the blog I got the spoiler off was that it was for money to pay for his sons' surgery.

Hopefully someone who has finished the book can explain a bit better. For now that's all I know
perfect thx thats all i needed to know (still waiting to see how the entire thing unfolded)

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Dec 15th, '08, 07:58

Episode 9 was intense...I really hope we get a good conclusion for this series in the last episode.
I was able to understand what was going on when I translated the Japanese subs to imperfect English.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 15th, '08, 16:44

:alcoholic:
Nakashima Mika is the killer!!!
She time traveled back into the past thru the metor shower to kill the Ariake parents for the $$$ so that she could finance all the things that the Ariake siblings need to find the killer :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

justsayes

Post by justsayes » Dec 15th, '08, 18:09

auroragb wrote::alcoholic:
She time traveled back into the past thru the metor shower to kill the Ariake parents for the $$$ so that she could finance all the things that the Ariake siblings need to find the killer :alcoholic: :alcoholic:
OMG you killed me :lol

I am so so very tempted to read the spoilers but I'm gonna wait it out until the last episode to see who it really is :salut: But it's still tempting all the same :cussing: :lol

Navin

Post by Navin » Dec 16th, '08, 23:32

I thought it was kinda predictable though.

Safety Spoilers:
The build-up was just way too obvious, with all the sudden bonding between Koichi and Kashihabara. That's why I thought the scene between them where Koichi said that he'd kill the killer was greatly done. You could see a moment of disappointment or shock on Kashihabara's face, it was brilliant. Besides, after discounting Togami, the only guy that had an active big role in the case was Kashihabara, saying he had eaten a lot of times at Ariake.

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Dec 16th, '08, 23:53

holy ****.

i felt like such an idiot after episode 9.

tepiestar

Post by tepiestar » Dec 17th, '08, 01:51

ahh!! i'm so afraid to read spoilers. i haven't read any since like the last page. finally saw episode 9.

ahh!! i can't believe it's ending. but i totally need to know whodunnit.

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Dec 19th, '08, 18:58

Dun click here if u dun wanna be depressed 8)
Shi's biologic father is the murderer.

crocus

Post by crocus » Dec 19th, '08, 19:23

auroragb wrote::alcoholic:

haha... you're definitely drunk!!!
but, i like it! 8)

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 20th, '08, 13:01

ok, this is my 1st time posting in this thread. at start of this season, i picked 5 dramas to watch and by today i am totally happy with only two of them. of course, RNK is the one that i loved the most.
even though not big fan of any of main characters (but liked Nino from before more than others). i think everyone was very good in this drama.
now my question, i have its OST but the track that i am looking for is the actual drama version of track #5 Ryuusei wa otomonaku. i think that version in the drama is much better. anyone have any idea where to get?
thanks in advance.

himitsu124

Post by himitsu124 » Dec 20th, '08, 13:33

Issy wrote:i have its OST but the track that i am looking for is the actual drama version of track #5 Ryuusei wa otomonaku. i think that version in the drama is much better. anyone have any idea where to get?
thanks in advance.
Go listen to Track 2 "Shishiza Ryuuseigun" the "drama version" you're talking about starts at around 3:42. ;)

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 20th, '08, 13:49

himitsu124 wrote:
Issy wrote:i have its OST but the track that i am looking for is the actual drama version of track #5 Ryuusei wa otomonaku. i think that version in the drama is much better. anyone have any idea where to get?
thanks in advance.
Go listen to Track 2 "Shishiza Ryuuseigun" the "drama version" you're talking about starts at around 3:42. ;)
OH MY GOD, as i was mostly looking for that piece only, i skipped through most of them. BAKA ME, Thanks alot dear. you just made my day. now, track #2 on repeat play :P
thanks again

tepiestar

Post by tepiestar » Dec 22nd, '08, 06:46

ahh!! i can't believe it's done. it was a really fun and suspenseful drama. it was crazy & fun, and somber & dramatic. i think it started well, and ended well.

and i love looking at Kaname Jun. although, Ninomiya Kazunari did grow on me. his height doesn't help him. and the drama had mystery. apparently i have a favorite genre.

spoiler alert!! you been warned. ep 01 - 10 all spoiled.
spoiler alert!!

why is he the killer? in the beginning you think it's him. and then you rule him out. and think it's Togami by the end. and it turns out it's Kashiwabara. for something as stupid as "i needed the money". dang. oh, Nino all angry in ep 10 at Kashiwabara. yeah, that's when he finally looked all sexy to me.

oh, Sagi's crazy at the end there. eyebrowless. i love her. or i love mika. i wouldn't have guessed the boys would go to jail. i mean, they returned the money they swindled. i'd call it even personally. oh, and the proposal was really cute with the column providing privacy.

nicha89

Post by nicha89 » Dec 22nd, '08, 08:19

i'm not sure if this is a spoiler but just in case xD:
the "eyebrowless" thing just cracked me up XD, 'cause the first thing i look at when i look at mika is her eyebrows. sometimes it just looks like she doesn't have eyebrows at all lol. it's just so hilarious, mika being called "eyebrowless" in a drama.

fleng

Post by fleng » Dec 23rd, '08, 08:47

lol at the eyebrowless mika :O good series thru and thru. Reminds me of the time I enjoyed watching murder/mystery like IWGP :D

olga2468

Post by olga2468 » Dec 23rd, '08, 09:09

aaa it was good drama! it made me like Nino and Ryo much more ;)
but i dont understand why Koichi gone to prison? maybe its stupid but i dont get it

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 24th, '08, 11:25

^ true, this has helped to increase Ryo's reputation for me too, even if it's a bit.
Just finished, and since this is my first Nino drama, i was pretty amazed by his performance. Especially the lat confrontation between him and that detective, like ' wow' they're awesome in that final scene, definitely got me choked up watching them all cry like that. Seriously, it was a really huge baka reason for him to kill their parents, if i were Nino or any of the siblings, i'd have done the same thing, or maybe i'd beat him up more than just :cussing: i mean, all that for just $$???!! like ' what the hell' you know...

But anyway, good thing it ended up well. Gosh, the last scene, although i find it a bit awkward having Mika around in the episodes, playing small roles and such, but she definitely is quirky enough for that role, everytime she appears, i have a smile on my face, i just can't help but be amused! :lol It's good though that they didn't make her role useless or a one time character, i mean, at least she still gets to appear in the end and looks like she and big bro has a promising relationship, although for now, it may seem like a one-sided love, what's with the " Axel...Axel..." that cracked me up!

And i have to say i like that Yukinari guy. :D

Overall, i wasn't expecting much from this drama but looks like it was a worthwhile watch.
and this is about the question^
He went to prison becoz he was involved in the swindling, and he might get longer term than his younger bro becoz he's the one plotting the whole thing. hope this helps explain his jail term

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Dec 24th, '08, 12:26

Clarification with spoilers:
olga2468 wrote: but i dont understand why Koichi gone to prison? maybe its stupid but i dont get it
avieamber wrote: He went to prison becoz he was involved in the swindling, and he might get longer term than his younger bro becoz he's the one plotting the whole thing. hope this helps explain his jail term
Actually, Koichi turned himself in on the behalf of his siblings 'cos he (as well as Taisuke) probably felt that it's the right thing to do after discovering the actual truth (and perhaps what he said to Kashiwabara at the end too). Sorry to nitpick, avieamber, but you make it sound like he was arrested or something.

olga2468

Post by olga2468 » Dec 24th, '08, 13:11

chokubi wrote:Clarification with spoilers:
olga2468 wrote: but i dont understand why Koichi gone to prison? maybe its stupid but i dont get it
avieamber wrote: He went to prison becoz he was involved in the swindling, and he might get longer term than his younger bro becoz he's the one plotting the whole thing. hope this helps explain his jail term
Actually, Koichi turned himself in on the behalf of his siblings 'cos he (as well as Taisuke) probably felt that it's the right thing to do after discovering the actual truth (and perhaps what he said to Kashiwabara at the end too). Sorry to nitpick, avieamber, but you make it sound like he was arrested or something.
Ahh i see. I thought it was something like that. Thanks ;)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 24th, '08, 13:33

chokubi wrote:Clarification with spoilers:
i know he turned himself in, sorry i didn't make it clearer xD

CutieHaru

Post by CutieHaru » Dec 26th, '08, 11:20

I finished the drama last night >__<
It was so great. I nearly cried at rooftop-scene xD
But I don't know... I think the reason for killing the parents is a bit strange o_o Sounds like they just needed an unexpected ending Q_Q
However, this drama made me like Nino a bit more xD
I'm happy for Shizuna's happy ending <3

claza

Post by claza » Dec 28th, '08, 17:58

My thoughts on this drama:
Where do I start? First off, this drama really made me realize what a great actress Erika is. I remember loathing her as Misa in Deathnote, and that carried on into other dramas, and then I watched Code Blue, and now this one. She's actually a very good actress. I do look forward in her future works.
Nino and Ryo's performance went beyond my expectations also. So, Ryo's a better actor than I thought (comparing his performance in Last Friends).

The plot and story. I think it was something old turned fresh. A typical mystery/thriller plot with the most random hilarious moments flushed in was really refreshing. I enjoyed this drama a lot. Although I think the real murderer's identity was sprung out rather spontaneously and completely out of the blue (but not exactly in a good way). The way the plot advanced was neither slow nor boring; I found it just at the right pace.

Overall, I was pleased with the ending. A good drama to boot!

Yahiko

Post by Yahiko » Dec 30th, '08, 01:42

I agree with claza.
It wasn´t a candidate to get in my "All-time-Top-Ten", but it was close. The series found the right balance between being funny and thrilling (I wasn´t able to wait for the next episodes at the end). The actors were all amazing, not only the main characters, but also the "side-kicks" (especially Omi Toshinori!!) . And for he main characters: I liked Ninomiya Kazunaris performance the most, but that won´t mean anything, because I like almost everything he did up to date....whatever.....
It was very much entertaining...and I couldn´t have enjoyed it at all without Kakijun. So even this is not the correct thread: Thank you so much, shujin! (Without you I would only had understood Bahnhof! )

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 1st, '09, 12:59

i just finished this drama awhile ago, spent the whole day in front of my laptop and watched it non-stop. lolz...

:thumright: it was a very great drama...!!!!

there's this thing i can't get out of my head though...

"AXEL!!!" :lol

i can't believe that Mika Nakashima was really in this drama. i really find that funny especially the way she clinged to Ninomiya and the way she kept on calling him axel. which very irrelevant during the whole drama. also, i cried a bit in the last episode after the intense scenes. I really enjoyed the drama so much and glad to discover that it also earned very high ratings.

I'm putting Nino on my list of "Likable" actors. Another Arashi member added in my list... i have to check out his movie Letters from Iwo Jima... one thing i noted also about this drama is... I LOVE Ryo and Nino's crying face! haha... :mrgreen:

I'm just wondering thought, if this drama won an award for this season???

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 3rd, '09, 03:16

It should, as it had the highest avg rating for evening dramas this season.
The rating winners usually bag the most prizes

TG3

Post by TG3 » Jan 12th, '09, 04:43

I watched the whole thing over two days. It was awesome. It had the right mix of comedy, drama, and mystery, something I haven't seen since IWGP. Nino was the best in this one, but everyone else did well, too. I haven't read the source material, but it is more lighthearted than I expected (having been written by Higashino Keigo), which is a good thing.

JenDaArc

Post by JenDaArc » Feb 1st, '09, 12:39

This drama has become one of my all-time favorite!! I personally think the combination of casts is well done and I love the storyline!

Ryo,Nino and Erika did an amazing job, makes me look forward to their next dramas more.thumbs up for them!!

Love Ryuusei no Kizuna! Nino is soo kawaii!