* Title: ギラギラ
* Title (romaji): Giragira
* Format: Renzoku
* Broadcast network: TV Asahi
* Broadcast period: 2008-Oct-17 start
* Air time: Friday 21:00
* Theme song: Jonetsu no Daisho by GIRL NEXT DOOR

Synopsis

Based on a hit manga, this adaptation depicts the life of a married man Nanase Kohei after he returned to his former job as a male host. He woos the clients with his gentle and caring nature, and soon retrieves his former credit as the ace of the club. However, the transition back for this middle-aged man is not without its challenges. Afraid that his wife will find out about this job, Nanase is also garnering jealousy and displeasure from the younger hosts. Throughout the course of his employment, he demonstrates to others that hosting should not be the vulgar occupation it has become where the entire goal is to make the women frivolously spend money, rather, it is about a human connection that is so often overlooked.

Cast

* Sasaki Kuranosuke as Nanase Kohei
* Maya Miki
* Hara Sachie
* Miura Shohei
* Ashina Sei
* Tanaka Yoji
* Kotegawa Yuko
* Ishibashi Ryo

Guests

* Igarashi Shunji
* Hara Mikie (原幹恵)
* Toda Keiko
* Sakimoto Hiromi

Production credits

* Original writing (manga): Giragira by Taki Naoki (滝直毅)
* Producers: Funatsu Koichi, Narai Masami (奈良井正巳)

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Oct 6th, '08, 20:45

if u know miura shohei well this is the new series of him!!

im looking forward to watch this

aishii

Post by aishii » Oct 6th, '08, 21:51

i was reading the story and it seemed intresting! (i have a thing for hosts <3)
but isn't sasaki a bit too old..
Last edited by aishii on Oct 8th, '08, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

VerusMaya II

Post by VerusMaya II » Oct 7th, '08, 04:11

I'm really excited for this drama. It sounds very interesting, and a different take on the whole hosting thing.

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Oct 8th, '08, 14:09

Miura Shohei <333

I'm really looking forward to see Shohei as host XDDD

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Oct 11th, '08, 05:03

Sasaki Kuranosuke + Maya Miki = ULTIMATE WIN.

Just those two alone make this drama worth watching, lol.

a2a

Post by a2a » Oct 11th, '08, 09:12

Rikayla wrote:Sasaki Kuranosuke + Maya Miki = ULTIMATE WIN.

Just those two alone make this drama worth watching, lol.
Those were exactly my thoughts when the cast was announced! I bet their chemistry is amazing!

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Oct 11th, '08, 20:01

Updates Correlation chart

credits: MochaValencia PACTERS!!!!

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Oct 14th, '08, 02:41

I first got interested in Giragira (obviously) because Sachie Hara is in it. But heck, it would also be interesting to see how Kuranosuke Sasaki will pull this off, plus Miki Maya is always great! And, this will be the first time I'd ever watch Shohei Miura in a drama (I skipped Gokusen 3, thank you :roll)...

Here are the teaser and the tailer. Found them on tudou, just in case you can't view the videos on the official site.

Looking forward to Friday. :-)
Last edited by MochaValencia on Oct 15th, '08, 12:15, edited 2 times in total.

VerusMaya II

Post by VerusMaya II » Oct 14th, '08, 04:32

Wow the trailer makes it look more dark and violent than I expected it to be. Hurry up, Friday!

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Oct 14th, '08, 19:01

Mocha is here!Domo!Domo!

thanks for sharing the links!!!

cno kaya mag susub nito hehehe!!!!!!!

gnoma

Post by gnoma » Oct 15th, '08, 19:24

I'm waiting for this drama VERY much, too!!
I'm curious for watching Miura Shohei "in action" for my first time, and I'm very happy to rejoin about Maya Miki and Sasaki Kuranosuke, and the plot story is very interesting in my opinion, but... The real reason for this excitement is _HIM_ : BLONDE SHUNJI! :w000t:

P.S. no one is interested in subbing it? I'm so sad anytime I go to check on fansub wiki :cry:

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 15th, '08, 19:37

When I first saw this on the fall list, I was afraid I'd be the only person interested in watching it. So glad to be wrong!

The trailer was more violent than I expected, but it was really exciting. I'm looking forward to this even more now!
Sasaki Kuranosuke + Maya Miki = ULTIMATE WIN.
I agree wholeheartedly. :wub: The chemistry should be really great.

hazelkenro

[News]Giragira PRESSCON! 10/15/2008

Post by hazelkenro » Oct 15th, '08, 20:05

Kyaaa!!Miura Shohei was so Handsome can't wait for friday yay!

credits: http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/081015 ... 009-n1.htm

VerusMaya II

Post by VerusMaya II » Oct 15th, '08, 22:54

gnoma wrote:The real reason for this excitement is _HIM_ : BLONDE SHUNJI! :w000t:
Me too!! I can't try to hide it any longer...
gnoma wrote:P.S. no one is interested in subbing it? I'm so sad anytime I go to check on fansub wiki :cry:
I thought it was said somewhere that a group was going to sub this? Where did I read that?

melica37

Post by melica37 » Oct 15th, '08, 23:23

I really hope someone decides to sub this. This is one of the few jdramas that I am looking forward to this winter.

And Sasaki is not too old! Nothing wrong with a man with a little experience. :lol

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Oct 16th, '08, 08:46

ryoko11 wrote:When I first saw this on the fall list, I was afraid I'd be the only person interested in watching it. So glad to be wrong!
My thoughts exactly! :lol At least there's a handful of us now. Yeah!

@Hazel: Thanks for the photos! There're two more at the official site, but they're way smaller than the Sanspo pics you posted. Great job with the hunt! :thumright:

I wonder how Sachie Hara and Kuranosuke Sasaki would look as a couple. There's a ten-year age gap between them, but who knows?... hmmmm. And I can finally "check" if that guy beside Shohei Miura in the banner photo is Tsuyoshi Abe. No word on his official site, but I really think it's him! We'll see!

(I've posted this on some other threads...) Here's the link to the KeyHole/Livestation/TV streams thread for those living outside Japan whose cable providers don't carry TV Asahi (like me!).

I second what VerusMaya II said: "Hurry up, Friday!" :lol

kirakira_luv

Re: [News]Giragira PRESSCON! 10/15/2008

Post by kirakira_luv » Oct 16th, '08, 11:02

hazelkenro wrote:Kyaaa!!Miura Shohei was so Handsome can't wait for friday yay!

credits: http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/081015 ... 009-n1.htm
OMG!! Shohei cho kakkoii~~~~~ :wub:

Thanks for pics

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Oct 16th, '08, 12:25

Mocha

Thanks for the links!!can't wait tomorrow hehehe!!!!
yun bang tinutukoy mo yung blonde yung HAIR yun ba?

Yeah Right sa Official WEbsite ng GIRAGIRA andami dun hehehe!

Kira

Ur welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

gnoma

Post by gnoma » Oct 16th, '08, 18:25

VerusMaya II wrote:
gnoma wrote:The real reason for this excitement is _HIM_ : BLONDE SHUNJI! :w000t:
Me too!! I can't try to hide it any longer...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Coming out for taichou XD

The broadcast is during my work hours... I'll hope in coffee or lunch break for streaming >__<
I'm pretty curious about this first episode, and I'm praying for subs every day (my friends say yes XD)

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Oct 16th, '08, 23:26

@Hazel: Nope, that blond guy is Shunji Igarashi. I meant the dark-haired guy with the striped tie between Kuranosuke and Shohei in the banner photo. :D

Here's raven_frost's entry on Giragira with character descriptions (posted October 1), for those interested.

Looks like there would be a preview/feature this afternoon. Worth checking out. *excitement escalating*

A few more hours to go! Can't wait! I just hope my broadband connection would behave tonight so I could good streams. XD

ETA #1 (around 15:38 JST -1h): So, I streamed the PR feature (mentioned above) on KeyHole TV. It was some sort of restaurant/bar tour (and lots of food) plus Giragira previews and cast interviews. I managed to cap a few scenes. Please excuse the pixels :lol:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Also found some videos on youtube:
Part 1
Part 2A
Part 2B
Part 3

Wow, I just realized how redundant this post is... :whistling:
It's getting darker and darker the more you see of it. Interesting...

ETA #2 (21:28 JST - 1h): Okay, so after deliberating whether or not I should do this as a different post, I decided to just add this up for the sake of not double-posting. :lol

Got to watch the premiere and I loved it! It's dark, yeah, but it's really a well-balanced episode. There were quite a few flashbacks and revelations, so I hope they won't run out of surprises. Good pacing, I hope they keep it up. And the cast did great, too! Looks like we're in for quite a ride!

Btw, I was right! I saw Tsuyoshi Abe in the preview. And check out the official site. It now has a slightly different look, plus some updates (read: character profiles). :w00t:

That's it for extending this post. It's gotten too long. :lol

Ryuuta

Post by Ryuuta » Oct 17th, '08, 14:57

AHH *scream* I wanted to watch this, but I missed it >__<

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Oct 17th, '08, 17:22

erm... there will be some gansub sub this drama ??

official site renewal check it
Miura Shohei cho handsome!!
i think he suit this character so much lol

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Oct 18th, '08, 06:14

Mocha

Souka!sorry i got mistake
Wahhhh!!
Thank you so much For sharing those lovely pics and the Links also

GYABO!

-ang daya mo napanuod mo yung 1st ep ako hindi wahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

bling bling

Post by bling bling » Oct 19th, '08, 10:20

Does anyone know where this drama can be downloaded? :]

VerusMaya II

Post by VerusMaya II » Oct 19th, '08, 18:05

Is no one going to upload it to D-addicts?

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Oct 19th, '08, 18:22

Yeah Right no one uploaded here in D-addicts...

Kyaaaa!i like this drama!though!i wanna see Shohei....

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 19th, '08, 18:50

I think it'll be uploaded here as soon as someone finds it, unless nobody is ripping files for it in Japan (which seems pretty unlikely). In the meantime, I'm keeping an eye on a few clubboxes for it. No luck yet.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 19th, '08, 20:18

Please excuse the double post, but I found it on Veoh and wanted to bump the thread with the links for everyone.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16269742rpaJYk3t

Or

part1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v162765673sY2YNWD

part2
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16276623BZbTqqnT

VerusMaya II

Post by VerusMaya II » Oct 20th, '08, 02:04

Thank you for the links ryoko11. The first episode was really good, but I feel like I missed a lot of important parts in the dialogue.

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Oct 20th, '08, 04:21

I think beacuse of on-air time is the same as Ryuseki no Kizuna so...
noone record it? maybe?

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 20th, '08, 04:31

i can get it tonight my time.. 800mb for ep1

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Oct 20th, '08, 06:05

furransu wrote:i can get it tonight my time.. 800mb for ep1
wow really!!!
Thank you <333

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 20th, '08, 14:27

Furransu, thank you! That would be wonderful!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 20th, '08, 14:50

hmm i dont think i will get it afterall.. not really interested ><

maybe if someone decides to sub it, then i'll download it.. sorry ><

Super Saiyan
Netherlands

Post by Super Saiyan » Oct 20th, '08, 15:17

I wonder why nobody is uploading GiraGira on d-addicts. It looks really interesting. Sasaki Kuranosuke, Maya Miki and Miura Shohei, that's a pretty good cast. I actually found GiraGira on Share, but my download- and upload speed are crap, so I will wait until someone decides to upload it to d-addicts.

Ryuuta

Post by Ryuuta » Oct 20th, '08, 15:30

I think the episode will be uploaded
I see that some torrents sometimes comes out a bit later than normal
the encoders have a private life, too and maybe they haven't the time to upload yet

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Oct 20th, '08, 15:48

Since I found out about this show, I had fears that no one would sub it, or worse, that no one would upload it. The cast is considerably older (but not necessarily weaker...I'm talking about Kuranosuke Sasaki, Miki Maya, Sachie Hara and Ryo Ishibashi here) compared to the others in the Fall line-up. That could affect its appeal, I thought.

I've actually seen the first episode twice: KeyHole TV last Friday, and through the veoh link posted by ryoko11 (a big thank you to you!). But yeah, I always look forward to the D-Addicts release. Look at the bright side, people. Torrents being delayed is nothing really new, and the mere fact that someone has uploaded it to veoh means that someone out there recorded it, and one of these days, someone will find it and post it here. I think all we can do now is make do with what we have and wait...patiently...

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 20th, '08, 16:03

I know exactly what you mean MochaValencia. It's kinda ironic too considering the plot of the drama concerns Sasake's character encountering discrimination for his age. I think we've all been a little nervous that this might not get uploaded as a result of not having a focus on young idols and JE boys, and therefore being perceived as not having much audience at DA.

I'm redownloading the 545MB version from Veoh at the moment. (Guess, I shouldn't have deleted it after furransu's first post. LOL) I was hoping that a version with slightly better quality would come along for D-addicts, and I do still have hope it will. I've followed plenty of series that took longer to be uploaded. At worst we just have to hope that files keep coming at Veoh. *shrug*

sowmyak

Post by sowmyak » Oct 20th, '08, 16:29

YAY!! I'm so glad that there are others on d-addicts who are looking forward to this drama series. I absolutely adore Maya Miki and Sasaki Kuranosuke! I'm sure there will be someone out there who will want to sub this series. As you all have said, we just have to wait patiently, which will be the hardest part!

gnoma

Post by gnoma » Oct 20th, '08, 20:11

I would watching episode 1 on veoh, but I don't know japanese language, so I guess I'll wait a bit longer. By the way... Dramas with Igarashi "taichou" in the cast are so unlucky about raw and subbing ;____;

VerusMaya II

Post by VerusMaya II » Oct 21st, '08, 01:18

It's true, poor Shunji is pretty much always in the shows that no one subs. Here's hoping that someone will pick Giragira up in the future, like Shigeshoshi was. :-(

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Oct 21st, '08, 02:59

Ep 1 Synopsis
Kohei is a normal salaryman who leads a happy life with his wife, Momoko, and daughter. Then he is laid off and finds himself unemployed at 36. With no academic background and qualifications, he cannot find other employment. Kohei visits Roppongi by chance and recalls a past that he had suppressed.

He was once called the King of Roppongi but had retired from the night world after he met Momoko. The only option for him now is the world of hosts ... Convinced about this, Kohei decides to keep his wife in the dark and return to be a host for one year in order to protect his beloved family.

But when he visits Link, his former place of employment, he is shocked by the change. And he is also told by Yuki, whom he had used to work with and the present owner of Rink, to leave. Even so, Kohei bows his head and appeals. Eagle, the number one host of Link, makes a tough deal with Kohei. He can make a comeback if he gets three appointments within a week.

Kohei immediately joins the club but feels awkward about the new style of waiting on guests and harrassment from the other hosts. But when he is called by Eagle to help, he demonstrates his true abilities and makes his presence felt. Even Eagle's number one customer, Sayo, is moved by Kohei's tenderness.

When he hears of Kohei's comeback, Katsuragi, a former senior host at Link, comes and brings Yuna along. Kohei is overjoyed. However, Yuki tells Kohei that Katsuragi is now a businessman called the "General of Ginza" and successfully runs a host club. She warns Kohei not to let down his guard.

Then Misa, a customer whom Kohei had coincidentally met outside the club, comes to Rink. Misa confides that she is in a dilemma over a reunion with her daughter, whom she has been separated for a long time. Some days later, Misa comes to Rink in order to escape from the reunion with her daughter but Kohei refuses to let Misa enter and tells her to go and meet the girl. An infuriated Misa storms off.

In the end, Kohei's final day arrives without him having had a single appointment. However, Sayo and Yuna come one after another and choose Kohei. Furthermore, Misa appears just as the club is closing. Her meeting with her daughter has gone without a hitch and she now picks Kohei in an expression of her gratitutde to him. She is actually the president of a cosmetics company with annual sales of 20 bil yen and this causes a stir at the club.

Kohei, who has been officially hired by Link, tells Momoko that he has found a night job. Momoko, who had been worried about her husband's late nights, is tearful with relief. Seeing his wife like this, Kohei feels renewed determination to protect his family.

Kohei suggests to Eagle, who rules the roost and leads a clique, to abolish the clique and have friendly competition. But Eagle responds with the declaration, "I'll get you out of this club immediately!"
Last edited by raven_frost on Oct 23rd, '08, 08:14, edited 2 times in total.

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Oct 21st, '08, 09:57

It's not only Shunji Igarashi. Sachie Hara's dramas are so seldom subbed that I got used to watching RAWs (no, I'm not complaining). But yeah, it's very...errr...unfortunate.
ryoko11 wrote:It's kinda ironic too considering the plot of the drama concerns Sasake's character encountering discrimination for his age.
I couldn't have said it better, ryoko11. By the way, I pounced on that 545MB link you posted just because I wanted to watch it again. Watching on KeyHole TV redefines the phrase: "leaves much to be desired." :lol

@raven_frost: Thank you very much for the detailed synopsis. It filled in a lot for me. And I hope you didn't mind that I posted the link to your Giragira entry here. :salut:

There was this scene towards the end which I can't get out of my head:
When Momoko and Shohei were in the room and their daughter saw Momoko crying, she threw a pillow onto her dad, saying something like: "Dad, you're baka! Don't make my mom cry!" That's a rough translation but it was very adorable. I hope to see more moments like that. That's what's great about this episode: it just shows that no matter how dark this show appears to be, it still is very human.
And guys, episode 1 is here! The torrent's still pending, but what's a few more hours of waiting?

Super Saiyan
Netherlands

Post by Super Saiyan » Oct 21st, '08, 10:12

MochaValencia wrote: And guys, episode 1 is here! The torrent's still pending, but what's a few more hours of waiting?
That's the same version I managed to download from Share yesterday. Well, I hope some fansubber decides to pick it up. I skipped through the file and it looks pretty good.

Ryuuta

Post by Ryuuta » Oct 21st, '08, 12:22

I hope someone will downconvert it to 704x396 because my PC can handle max 1024xXXX

nodameki

GIRAGIRA WA DOKO?

Post by nodameki » Oct 21st, '08, 13:19

osh!
this is my 1st posting, although I've already register in here
gomen napai ^o^

just wondering, why there aren't still the RAW of GIRAGIRA eps 1
I've waiting for it!! :-(

Shunji-kun ga daisuki dakara hehehe
Sasaki-sama mo ne!

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Oct 21st, '08, 14:05

Oh my gosh Giragira is now here !!!just look the torrents forum

kyaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 21st, '08, 14:47

MochaValencia wrote:It's not only Shunji Igarashi. Sachie Hara's dramas are so seldom subbed that I got used to watching RAWs (no, I'm not complaining). But yeah, it's very...errr...unfortunate.
I was just saying something really similar last night about Tsuyoshi Domoto's old dramas on the 33pun Tantei thread. :lol While it's lovely that many of them are being subbed now, I also feel that it opened up a whole new world for me in Jdramas once I started following those raw series. <33

Thank you very much for the synopsis raven_frost! It really helps fill in the details.
There was this scene towards the end which I can't get out of my head:
When Momoko and Shohei were in the room and their daughter saw Momoko crying, she threw a pillow onto her dad, saying something like: "Dad, you're baka! Don't make my mom cry!" That's a rough translation but it was very adorable. I hope to see more moments like that. That's what's great about this episode: it just shows that no matter how dark this show appears to be, it still is very human.

I like the part just before that:
When Kohei is showing Momoko the box where he's saved all the notes she tucks into his lunch and calling them his love letters from her. Then he tells her not to worry because he loves her. It just struck me as really sweet.
Hooray for the torrent!

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Oct 21st, '08, 16:44

I seriously thought that Shohei Miura would be the one to draw the fangirls in. Oh well, I guess the Gokusen 3 crowd is swarming over Bloody Monday instead. As for Kuranosuke Sasaki and Miki Maya, they were in a lot of subbed dramas, but they're almost always supporting cast members. We can't say for sure if they're part of the reason why those dramas were subbed in the first place.
ryoko11 wrote:I was just saying something really similar last night about Tsuyoshi Domoto's old dramas on the 33pun Tantei thread. :lol While it's lovely that many of them are being subbed now, I also feel that it opened up a whole new world for me in Jdramas once I started following those raw series. <33
One thing I love about watching RAWs is that I actually get to focus on a lot more than the dialogue: I know I won't understand some of the lines, so I pay a lot more attention to the action (and the acting), as compared to the subbed series. But then again, I get overly excited when I see subtitles. Go figure. :lol

That part you mentioned was another good one.
And I think it was set-up subtly but well, first in the scene when Momoko was deciding if her note to Kohei was good enough (that's how I saw that scene. Other thoughts?), and in an earlier part wherein Kohei was reading the note before he started eating. If all couples in real life were like that.. :wub:
While I'm at it, I can't help but notice how Kuranosuke is with chemistry. It's like he's in three pairings: with Shohei; with Sachie, and; with Miki. He's doing the lead thing quite well.

gnoma

Post by gnoma » Oct 22nd, '08, 10:38

Ryuuta wrote:I hope someone will downconvert it to 704x396 because my PC can handle max 1024xXXX
The same problem for me. I'm going to download it at home, and watching at office during my lunch break. I'm happy, finally!!!
With subs i would happier, but I'm happy enaough today XD

tozacchi

Post by tozacchi » Oct 22nd, '08, 20:19

MochaValencia wrote:I seriously thought that Shohei Miura would be the one to draw the fangirls in. Oh well, I guess the Gokusen 3 crowd is swarming over Bloody Monday instead. As for Kuranosuke Sasaki and Miki Maya, they were in a lot of subbed dramas, but they're almost always supporting cast members. We can't say for sure if they're part of the reason why those dramas were subbed in the first place.

That part you mentioned was another good one.
And I think it was set-up subtly but well, first in the scene when Momoko was deciding if her note to Kohei was good enough (that's how I saw that scene. Other thoughts?), and in an earlier part wherein Kohei was reading the note before he started eating. If all couples in real life were like that.. :wub:
While I'm at it, I can't help but notice how Kuranosuke is with chemistry. It's like he's in three pairings: with Shohei; with Sachie, and; with Miki. He's doing the lead thing quite well.
If your talking about the....
...note that she was looking at before her kid came in and changed it to a different one, it actually said 'Are you hiding anything from me?' and she switched it to 'Sorry, I burned the salmon'.
Glad to finally see this on here!

hey9

Post by hey9 » Oct 22nd, '08, 23:46

raven_frost wrote:Ep 1 Synopsis
Kohei is a normal salaryman who leads a happy life with his wife, Momoko, and daughter. Then he is laid off and finds himself unemployed at 36. With no academic background and qualifications, he cannot find other employment. Kohei visits Roppongi by chance and recalls a past that he had suppressed.

He was once called the King of Roppongi but had retired from the night world after he met Momoko. The only option for him now is the world of hosts ... Convinced about this, Kohei decides to keep his wife in the dark and return to be a host for one year in order to protect his beloved family.

But when he visits Link, his former place of employment, he is shocked by the change. And he is also told by Yuki, whom he had used to work with and the present owner of Link, to leave. Even so, Kohei bows his head and appeals. Eagle, the number one host of Link, makes a tough deal with Kohei. He can make a comeback if he gets three appointments within a week.

Kohei immediately joins the club but feels awkward about the new style of waiting on guests and harrassment from the other hosts. But when he is called by Eagle to help, he demonstrates his true abilities and makes his presence felt. Even Eagle's number one customer, Sayo, is moved by Kohei's tenderness.

When he hears of Kohei's comeback, Katsuragi, a former senior host at Link, comes and brings Yuna along. Kohei is overjoyed. However, Yuki tells Kohei that Katsuragi is now a businessman called the "General of Ginza" and successfully runs a host club. She warns Kohei not to let down his guard.

Then Misa, a customer whom Kohei had coincidentally met outside the club, comes to Link. Misa confides that she is in a dilemma over a reunion with her daughter, whom she has been separated for a long time. Some days later, Misa comes to Link in order to escape from the reunion with her daughter but Kohei refuses to let Misa enter and tells her to go and meet the girl. An infuriated Misa storms off.

In the end, Kohei's final day arrives without him having had a single appointment. However, Sayo and Yuna come one after another and choose Kohei. Furthermore, Misa appears just as the club is closing. Her meeting with her daughter has gone without a hitch and she now picks Kohei in an expression of her gratitutde to him. She is actually the president of a cosmetics company with annual sales of 20 bil yen and this causes a stir at the club.

Kohei, who has been officially hired by Link, tells Momoko that he has found a night job. Momoko, who had been worried about her husband's late nights, is tearful with relief. Seeing his wife like this, Kohei feels renewed determination to protect his family.

Kohei suggests to Eagle, who rules the roost and leads a clique, to abolish the clique and have friendly competition. But Eagle responds with the declaration, "I'll get you out of this club immediately!"
Thanks for the summary, I really liked the first episode and now I know why lol.

And is it just me, or is anyone else wondering how Eagle is the number 1 at the club? He's so ugly, seriously lol. I think Kohei is way better looking than most of the other hosts.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Oct 23rd, '08, 01:32

hey9 wrote:
Thanks for the summary, I really liked the first episode and now I know why lol.

And is it just me, or is anyone else wondering how Eagle is the number 1 at the club? He's so ugly, seriously lol. I think Kohei is way better looking than most of the other hosts.
Perhaps you like men and not boys? :lol The rest are all young punks. Eagle looks barely out of his "infancy" and he's supposedly a former boxer according to the character chart.

I wasn't impressed by Ep1. There was overacting and it was sweet and fluffy but I somehow was reminded as I watched it that the drama adaptations of Matsumoto Seichou's works are so much better.

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Oct 23rd, '08, 05:09

@tozacchi: Oh! So that was it!
I totally missed the note switch. I really should learn how to read Japanese... :lol
Thanks for clearing that up!

Re: Eagle and hosts: I think it's an attitude thing. But I totally found his tattoo a bit off... And he's supposed to be a former boxer? Whoa.. :blink He doesn't look like it. I'm still wondering why Igarashi is billed as a guest, though... As for the other hosts, they looked like a weird bunch to me. :lol

Re: acting: I particularly liked Miki Maya and Kuranosuke Sasaki. Sachie Hara's last scene was honestly a bit frustrating/disappointing for me. I really wouldn't know if she was mad or relieved or overjoyed if it wasn't for the synopsis. I liked much of the episode anyway. We'll see how this would fare in the following weeks.

By the way, has anybody read the manga?

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Oct 23rd, '08, 08:45

I'm somehow seeing parallels to school dramas where the teacher comes in and whips the class of students into shape and everyone bonds and then the teacher walks away into the sunset ... this looks like what will happen for Gira Gira.

Anyway, Abe Tsuyoshi appears in Ep 2 ...............

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Oct 23rd, '08, 23:21

Ep 2 Preview
Eagle grows more and more hostile towards Kohei because Sayo chose Kohei over him when she came to Rink. On the other hand, Kohei realises that Sayo picked him in order to get Eagle's attention, and senses that she is deeply troubled by something …

As Kohei and Eagle's feud shakes Rink, the Atlas Group led by Dojima decides to gain a foothold in Roppongi. Furthermore, the site of their choice lies directly beneath Rink. Kohei's former senior, Katsuragi, who is called the "General of Ginza", is behind this. With the entrance of Kabuki-cho's biggest host club, Rink's hosts are prepared to flee.

In addition to that, the person put in charge of Roppongi Atlas is the junior whom Kohei had cared for. He says he wants to return Kohei's favour, offers him a large amount of money and makes him an unexpected proposal but …!?

hey9

Post by hey9 » Oct 25th, '08, 20:29

raven_frost wrote: Perhaps you like men and not boys? :lol The rest are all young punks. Eagle looks barely out of his "infancy" and he's supposedly a former boxer according to the character chart.

I wasn't impressed by Ep1. There was overacting and it was sweet and fluffy but I somehow was reminded as I watched it that the drama adaptations of Matsumoto Seichou's works are so much better.
lol i think it's cuz i'm not really into the metrosexual thing, and those guys are a little too much. take away the dyed hair, plucked eyebrows, haircuts....they're just ugly guys lol.

starrynight32

question

Post by starrynight32 » Oct 28th, '08, 06:41

I hope I am in the right place to post . For other dramas I can find the direct downloads ( megaupload ) but unfortunately for this drama I have yet to come across any site for it . torrents don;t work for me . Any of you know where to download this since I notice the episode 1 subs is already out . Don't want to miss a good show .

Thanks

Ryuuta

Post by Ryuuta » Oct 28th, '08, 12:55

I think there aren't some DDLs avaible yet
only hardsubs have a good chance to be avaible as DDL

and with your torrent problem....have you tested more than one program and have you checked your firewall (sometimes P2P connections or something like that are blocked)?

londonsoul

Post by londonsoul » Oct 28th, '08, 19:02

I'm loving this drama Kohei is sweet :D Eagle is a ass
Now if only Yutaka Takenouchi :wub: :wub: was Kohei.

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Oct 29th, '08, 12:44

Enjoyed the first episode quite alot, one interesting aspect I liked was the wife worrying about him possibly cheating. The rookie host didn't annoyed me like I thought it would glad he decided to follow the footsteps of the main guy. Will be following this series.

powerKid

Post by powerKid » Oct 29th, '08, 21:21

the drama is great, i really like it and despite the whole story's unrealness the family aspect ist quite good, i think, how kouhei cares about his family and how he shows another way of being a host by caring about your customers.

the acting is quite good to, i think. but i think there are some points to improve. in the backflashes kouhei looks exactly the same as he does now, even though he now is 36 and that time was supposed to be 10 years ago. i think they could have done that better (pc editing, make-up).

great giragira great

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Oct 31st, '08, 04:49

yeahh i love this drama too :]

LancerReiNi

Post by LancerReiNi » Nov 1st, '08, 05:36

I really enjoyed the first episode of this series. I've always found it confusing why (attractive)women need to go to places like host bars. I saw two documentaries about these places and its strange how most of the women that patronize these places seems so attractive.

Anyway the three top female leads in this series make this show worth watching all very attractive. As for the old guy comment, I don't think he's that old but some of the hosts in that show look a bit too freakish. Kinda makes me wonder if I should switch occupations.

oceansportrait

Post by oceansportrait » Nov 1st, '08, 07:23

LancerReiNi wrote:I really enjoyed the first episode of this series. I've always found it confusing why (attractive)women need to go to places like host bars. I saw two documentaries about these places and its strange how most of the women that patronize these places seems so attractive.

Anyway the three top female leads in this series make this show worth watching all very attractive. As for the old guy comment, I don't think he's that old but some of the hosts in that show look a bit too freakish. Kinda makes me wonder if I should switch occupations.
I've heard that alot of the women who go to host clubs are hostesses themselves. They're exhausted after having to treat old men nicely, so after they're done, they want to be pampered a bit too, and so that' why they go ^^

LancerReiNi

Post by LancerReiNi » Nov 1st, '08, 08:26

oceansportrait wrote:
LancerReiNi wrote:I really enjoyed the first episode of this series. I've always found it confusing why (attractive)women need to go to places like host bars. I saw two documentaries about these places and its strange how most of the women that patronize these places seems so attractive.

I've heard that alot of the women who go to host clubs are hostesses themselves. They're exhausted after having to treat old men nicely, so after they're done, they want to be pampered a bit too, and so that' why they go ^^
That's what I heard too(according to one of the documentaries). But its obvious that in real life, these host bars are just a bunch of guys tricking these girls/women out of their money. Why would a hostess want to spend her money like that? kind of weird to me. Besides, these hosts seems to spend a lot of money on accessories and other stupid things. I'd try to save up and get myself out of that sort of situation. What really confuses me are how feminine these guys are. They look like a bunch of girls, with their hair and accessories.

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Nov 1st, '08, 11:05

I just noticed every time i watched JDorama

The Hostess club is in dEmand hehehe!!!!!

Bubblezilla

Post by Bubblezilla » Nov 1st, '08, 22:58

Please, someone gives me a synopsis of episode 3 m( _ _ )m
Thank you

LancerReiNi

Post by LancerReiNi » Nov 2nd, '08, 04:33

Bubblezilla wrote:Please, someone gives me a synopsis of episode 3 m( _ _ )m
Thank you
I could be wrong but episode 2 subs just came out today, even if episode 3 is available it'll take some time before someone puts up a synopsis for it.

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Nov 2nd, '08, 10:46

Just some random thoughts...

I actually thought that Shohei Miura's character (aka Shoji "The Rookie Host") would be uber-serious *points to trailer*...Now I call him "the sidekick."

:lol :crazy: at the accesories. I noticed Eagle's timepiece. It's not your ordinary wristwatch but it's too much for a dress watch. I have yet to see a real male host (not that I'm planning to...ever) so I have no idea if they really wear too much "bling" but Eagle's is just over-the-top. Or if it's an exagerration, maybe it's to contrast Eagle's once simple lifestyle to his extravagant one as a host?

About the age issue, Kohei doesn't look that old in quite a number of scenes, IMHO. It's the other hosts who look old for their age. haha. Or maybe that's just me. :blink
Wow, there are some guest stars who at first seem like regular cast members. I wonder how long that Hideyoshi character would stay. :roll Sigh.. The eagle flew away just when I was beginning to like him...as a character, that is. And poor Eiji...
On a side note:
I absolutely adore this kid!
Anyway, she looks like a current Japanese actress. I can't quite put a finger on it, but yeah.
Looking forward to episode 4. Looks like Momoko would get to do something else than be sweet. :roll

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Nov 2nd, '08, 12:44

Source: http://giragira.asahi.co.jp/genba/popup081020_2.html

Mocha friend! do you have a Screen Caps Of Ep1-3 hehehe!

:cry:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 2nd, '08, 13:21

MochaValencia wrote: On a side note:
I absolutely adore this kid!
Anyway, she looks like a current Japanese actress. I can't quite put a finger on it, but yeah.
Me too! She is so cute. My highlight of the show. The hosts are quite a turnoff for me.
Tabe Mikako perhaps? The one who acted as Yasuko in Yasuko to Kenji?
MochaValencia wrote: Looking forward to episode 4. Looks like Momoko would get to do something else than be sweet. :roll
Looks like all hell will break loose. Good times can't last forever.

Those wondering what will happen to Abe Tsuyoshi's character
He survives the stab to his chest and decides to head to Osaka to start afresh as a host which leaves the possibility of his return in later episodes.

VerusMaya II

Post by VerusMaya II » Nov 2nd, '08, 18:18

Ep 2 can't possibly be Eagle's last ep... :( They gave him so much depth in such a small amount of time, and then they just write him off?

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Nov 2nd, '08, 21:36

Whoa, how about some spoiler tags?