[Discussion] OL Nippon

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Guoniant

[Discussion] OL Nippon

Post by Guoniant » Oct 9th, '08, 20:40

A long waited Wednesday 10 PM drama!
How come nobody is uploading it? :scratch:
Last edited by Guoniant on Oct 10th, '08, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Oct 10th, '08, 11:52

I liked the show... it was also pretty aggrevating to watch. Take away some of the exaggeration and it's just so true.

Hell, I want to watch it again... I'm gonna download it.

aishii

Post by aishii » Oct 10th, '08, 14:38

saw the official website only..
what's it about?..

Guoniant

Post by Guoniant » Oct 10th, '08, 16:05

Yay! It's up :D
I'll watch it very soon.
This is about companies outsourcing Chinese workers due to low cost. And the main character will be training 3 Chinese workers, where lots of difficulty will arise because of mentality/culture/value difference between Japanese and Chinese. And they learn from one another and come to accept one another I think? That's as much as I know for now, before watching it :P

Eheednee

Post by Eheednee » Oct 17th, '08, 21:22

so it seems like nobody will sub this dorama? :-( it's sad, because OL Nippon is quite interesting, even though I didn't understand everything they said.

Haruspex
Fansubber
Fansubber

OL Nippon Episode 01 Subs

Post by Haruspex » Oct 18th, '08, 02:44

Hi,

Here are some fully translated subtitles for Episode 1 of "OL Nippon." This episode didn't do a whole lot for me, so I'm not sure if I will continue translating this series or not. That's why, at least for now anyway, I will put this here instead of the Subtitles section. At the very least, I hope this will give those of you who are interested in the series a chance to decide for yourselves. Then you can post your thoughts on the series here.

These subs will also work fine with the 1280 version as well.

Thanks,

Haruspex
Attachments
OL Nippon ep01 (704x396 DivX6).srt
English subtitles for Episode 01 of "OL Nippon"
(63.43 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Oct 18th, '08, 02:47

Haruspex, thanks so much!!! i hope you will continue.. :salut: :cheers:

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Oct 18th, '08, 09:08

Many thankx from me too, Haruspex. I think the story sounds interesting so I'm definitely giving this drama a chance :-)

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 18th, '08, 10:00

Thanks very much Haruspex! Hopefully you will sub a drama this season, either continue with this one or other unsubbed ones :)

What about Shoni Kyumei or maybe Team Batista no EIko ?

Thanks again!

Eheednee

Post by Eheednee » Oct 18th, '08, 11:25

Haruspex, thank you very much! even subs for one episode is already good. thank you!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 18th, '08, 13:07

i just watched ep1 with the english subs, wow it was really good.. i really enjoyed the episode.. this series seem very refreshing to watch for me.. :)

i'm hoping that Haruspex will enjoy the series more from ep2 onwards and will continue on to sub OL Nippon :D

Haruspex
Fansubber
Fansubber

OL Nippon Episode 01

Post by Haruspex » Oct 18th, '08, 13:37

Hi,

It's off topic, but I'm currently working on the first episode of "Shoni Kyumei," and hope to have it done in the next couple of days or so. I was thinking of working on "Team Batista no EIko," but I heard someone had (at least tentatively) agreed to sub that one, so...

Anyway, back on topic. As for "OL Nippon," I'm glad to hear others are enjoying it, but I didn't feel any real chemistry between the leads and thought much of the humor in the episode came from stereotyping rather than through honest character development. Thus my ambivalence (at least for now). I'll keep an eye on it though, and see if it improves for me.

Haruspex

junior_pansy

Re: OL Nippon Episode 01

Post by junior_pansy » Oct 18th, '08, 14:19

Haruspex wrote:Hi,

Anyway, back on topic. As for "OL Nippon," I'm glad to hear others are enjoying it, but I didn't feel any real chemistry between the leads and thought much of the humor in the episode came from stereotyping rather than through honest character development. Thus my ambivalence (at least for now). I'll keep an eye on it though, and see if it improves for me.

Haruspex
Does that mean you'd continue subbing OL Nippon?

:scratch:

expression

Post by expression » Oct 23rd, '08, 05:18

pretty interesting 1st ep, a little exaggerated but its part of the humor. hope u continue spex!

lblisters

Post by lblisters » Oct 24th, '08, 01:18

thanks so much haruspex for episode 1 subs (and xraymind for the episode)

my roommate and i are big fans of sadao abe, and also hope that haruspex or someone will be so kind as to continue the subbing.

personally, although i would admit characters are cliched the situations and angles are complex enough that the show has potential to go somewhere. for instance, when the spunky girl complained she couldn't understand the woman's dialect, that one moment touched on a lot of issues: the woman's own weakness within the japanese group and discrimination between japanese, what exactly does it mean to be japanese, the potential for foreigners to best nationals even at the very things which define them as a nation and the threat that poses the locals, the spunky girl's lack of cultural awareness - due to cultural differences but due also due to her nature (the timid girl's obeisance is beneficial) etc.

xMotokox

Post by xMotokox » Oct 24th, '08, 15:21

Thank you so much for the sub of the first episode !!
I'm gonna see if this drama is good or not =)
Last edited by xMotokox on Oct 24th, '08, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

kusaina

Post by kusaina » Oct 24th, '08, 15:40

this drama is really good, i really hope you will continue translating the episodes, i am going to watch the whole drama, but i can wait for the translation.

i wonder what i would do in the same situation, probably i wouldnt teach them.. i don t want to loose my job

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Oct 25th, '08, 12:35

Episode 2 made this penguin groan. After they spilled the coffee on the computer... oi... oi... OI! This penguin wants to beat whoever wrote the script for that episode with his flippers!

No penguin would be happy with what they did and I think every tech support guy on this planet would murder the whole lot of them. Rubbing the mobo with a handkerchief... Oh Great Penguin! And where did they get the hairdriers from? Not that it would do much good to simply dry it. It was coffee, lilely with sugar, that leaves stuff behind when simply dried. Office people (who are usually DAUs, they know their applications, but that's it) opening a rig is really one of the worst nightmares any techie must have in a company like that.Tthat they didn't even remotely think of calling techsupport (considering how large the company is there must be someone for that, likely even on standbye for emergencies), or, if they have to be dumb enough to open it, remove the HD... Strange. And it strikes this penguin odd that they don't seem to have a backup server.

After that treatment the penguins are convinced that no computer would start up anymore. If the coffee didn't kill it, then their treatment surely did. Rubbing a mobo with a handkerchief... That actually scares this penguin.

The penguins are not amused about the DAU behavior of all the characters in episode 2. The penguins would sack all of them.

Kusaina, if you ever end up in such a situation, this penguin suggests training them if you want to keep your job. Anything else would be a breach of the contract and that would lead to the company losing a lot of money and to you searching for a new job. Broken contract? Hello lawsuit! And lawsuits don't make penguins in leadership positions happy.

*note: DAU is a German term and stands for "Dümmster Anzunehmender User", pretty much the most stupid user possible, the nightmare of everyone in techsupport. This penguin has seen his fair share of them in his life.

tianj

Post by tianj » Oct 27th, '08, 15:00

For Prospective Fansubbers
NOT ENGLISH SUBS, TIMING FOR TRANSLATING PURPOSES ONLY(translate via Japanese audio)

Please post here if you want to sub this. http://jdrama.cc/forum/blog.php?b=36 have the jscripts.
Attachments
OL Nippon ep02 (704x396 DivX6).srt
NOT ENGLISH SUBS, TIMING FOR TRANSLATING PURPOSES ONLY
(42.87 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

powerKid

Post by powerKid » Oct 29th, '08, 21:46

episode 2 sure was awkward as crazy penguin already stated.

other than what he mentioned there are some points they could have done better... first: when the light goes out, why do people that have coffee in their hand run around in the room? and: if they really din't see anything (at least they behaved like that if you reflect how they walked around in the room oO) how could they know they spilt coffee on the pc?? and the way that looked, the pc could never crush that easily.

and chibita really annoys me. i hate him. ****. bad role. kick him out. kill him.
despite that i like the cast and love watching this drama because it is about something so big and important, a realistic topic from our everyday life (especially japan because it is close to china, but there are others too that suffer from losing to china, aren't they??)!

the casting was well done, i think, especially the main cast (kill chibita!!).

too bad this won't get good ratings :(

mixedmedia

Post by mixedmedia » Nov 4th, '08, 12:18

Chibita doesn't annoy me as much as the grumpy old man who does nothing but complain and the wussy guy who's in love with Kanzaki.

jomegu07

Re: [Discussion] OL Nippon

Post by jomegu07 » Nov 19th, '08, 22:00

:D :-) :wub: i love this drama.comedy.it's like haken no hinkaku.

jdrama08

good drama

Post by jdrama08 » Dec 12th, '08, 01:54

i watched ol nippon 1~9
can not wait to see the ep10

santaclaus

ol nippon

Post by santaclaus » Dec 12th, '08, 02:38

what kind of drama is this?