[Discussion] Love Shuffle (Winter 09) Tamaki,Karina,Matsuda

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
citrone

Post by citrone » Feb 10th, '09, 16:36

nikkibell84 wrote:I just finished watching the first episode with english subs, and while it was a little slow - it wasn't bad at all. So, I skipped to episode four and it seems like it is one of those shows with slow pacing that is rather good. I actually really enjoyed the couples that had been shuffled together for episode four.

I wonder if these four couples are the ones that will be together in the end? I kind of hope so, at least because I like O/K together. She seems like a very sad girl, and it's fairly clear that his 'playboy' 'tude is somewhat of an act.

I look forward to seeing where this is going.
I think ep 4 couples are the best! I hope they en up like that.

By the way where did you watch ep 5 preview? end of ep4 did not have preview.

Makoto_

Post by Makoto_ » Feb 10th, '09, 21:38

aysss I follow waiting for querbeet subs :cry:

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 11th, '09, 04:57

citrone wrote:By the way where did you watch ep 5 preview? end of ep4 did not have preview.

The preview was at the end of the episode four episode I BT'ed. It was at the very end, after the end song.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 11th, '09, 06:39

ZoddGuts wrote:Anyways about that character that called off her wedding I think I understand why she did, the guy he was going to married seems to be more concern about losing he's high/rich living without her he loses he's job and expensive apartment my guess is that she thinks that he really doesn't love him and is just with her for the high class living. So she enter this game to test him if he truely loves her also would explain why she doesn't want to tell him why she call of the wedding.
Really? The way I see it, Usami Kei loves Mei alot. And its proven more in the following eps. And Mei loves him too. She kept saying it was all because Usami lost his shines ever since he started working in the big company. I still don't understand what she means though. Esp. after seeing Ep5 preview...

I agree with someone who said this before... Mei is such a boring character. I love Kanjiya Shihori, so its such a pity she got a boring role :-(

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 11th, '09, 19:33

yanie wrote:Really? The way I see it, Usami Kei loves Mei alot. And its proven more in the following eps. And Mei loves him too. She kept saying it was all because Usami lost his shines ever since he started working in the big company. I still don't understand what she means though. Esp. after seeing Ep5 preview...

I agree with you. It's pretty clear that Kei loves Mei. It wouldn't matter to him if she lived in a cardboard box. I do think he feels a little uneasy, though. Because her father is paying for his apartment and what not. But, if anything else - Kei wants Mei.
The preview for episode five seems to prove, to me anyway, that he's willing to go on his own to win her back.
But, why Mei keeps saying he's lost "his shine" is beyond me. Maybe it's her polite way of saying she liked him better when he had a lesser job? Maybe she wanted someone 'below her' in station and is depressed that Kei's raising in the ranks? Only, she doesn't understand that herself.

yanie wrote:I agree with someone who said this before... Mei is such a boring character. I love Kanjiya Shihori, so its such a pity she got a boring role :-(

She is somewhat annoying and boring, isn't she? I'm not sure what it is, but the character isn't working for me. Maybe once I get subs I'll understand her more, but so far I can leave or take her.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 12th, '09, 05:33

nikkibell84 wrote:But, why Mei keeps saying he's lost "his shine" is beyond me. Maybe it's her polite way of saying she liked him better when he had a lesser job? Maybe she wanted someone 'below her' in station and is depressed that Kei's raising in the ranks? Only, she doesn't understand that herself.
In another Ep5 preview I saw:
Mei found out Kei quit his job in the company and Mei was upset, "You think that's what I want!??"
So yeah... I really don't get her.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 12th, '09, 20:49

yanie wrote:In another Ep5 preview I saw:
Mei found out Kei quit his job in the company and Mei was upset, "You think that's what I want!??"
So yeah... I really don't get her.

I'm sure with the subs it will be clearer, but at this point, Mei is a character that really bothers me. Every episode ends with me thinking: Okay Mei, what do you want? :x

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Feb 13th, '09, 00:41

I just want to share that this couple is starting to grow onto me, Ojiro and Kairi.
May contain spoilers..
first Yuriko spray water onto Shota

then they start laughing...

and ends w/ a big smile.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 13th, '09, 00:48

Episode four totally made me a Ojiro and Kairi fan. I like that
he can't read her like he can the others. She made him mad and upset, all within the space of a day. He respects and likes the other women in the shuffle, but Oujiro honestly seems to have no idea what to think of Kairi and that must make him interested.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 13th, '09, 12:55

el_lady wrote:I just want to share that this couple is starting to grow onto me, Ojiro and Kairi.
May contain spoilers..
first Yuriko spray water onto Shota

then they start laughing...

and ends w/ a big smile.
Wow! Thank you so much!! They're so cute!^0^

koopisa

Post by koopisa » Feb 14th, '09, 13:16

This one becomes more and more interesting.
Looking forward to see episode 6 "love shuffle 2nd round" 555
I wonder who is the girl in that picture, why kei and airu are so excited?

Simaldeff

Post by Simaldeff » Feb 14th, '09, 13:34

koopisa wrote:This one becomes more and more interesting.
Looking forward to see episode 6 "love shuffle 2nd round" 555
I wonder who is the girl in that picture, why kei and airu are so excited?
Maybe because it's NOT a girl!!!!!!
That would be soooooooo great. And that would explain why Reiko was so much into conquering Kikurin.
But really there is no way everyone will find a partner in this game (unless some other people appears).

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 15th, '09, 08:12

Simaldeff wrote: But really there is no way everyone will find a partner in this game (unless some other people appears).

You know, I'm with you. I don't think everyone should find romantic love in this shuffle. They've all become fond of one another and formed friendships, but I don't think everyone is meant to fall in love with another member of the shuffle. I think the shuffle will actually open everyone's eyes and show them what they really want and how they really feel about those around them and themselves. Yes, I can see one or two romances forming, but I also see several of the characters becoming stronger and all of the characters are slowly working out the issues that have been keeping them back. That really, is what the Love Shuffle, is all about.

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 15th, '09, 11:34

i am so happy right now. I just watched episode 4 and it was so nice and funny...rooooooar

Does anybody now where i can get the OST?

@nikkibel84 - from what drama ist your thirds "animated picture"?

Lotlorien

Post by Lotlorien » Feb 15th, '09, 21:32

I saw the 4 eps, subbed in viikiii, and this is the freshest drama for the last 6 months. The Love shuffle was exciting. Now It's more interesting what is to come. Hm...

But I think that the best couples were AiAi and Ojiro and Reiko and Tachibana. The chemistry between them is fantastic!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 16th, '09, 06:40

AiAi and Ojiro look like pals, buddies, childhood friend to me^^

Spoiler on Ep5 and my guesses:
So its obvious that AiAi likes Kei. But I wonder who Mei likes among the 3 guys? I suspect its Ojiro. So both Mei and Kairi likes Ojiro^^
Seem like the 4 guys are going to bow and apologize to Reiko's husband?? Hahaha, the scene looks funny!
It would be VERRRRY interesting if Kikurin's lover who passed away is a guy xD haha! Reiko didn't say kanojo, indeed, but keep referring him/her as 'koibito' after she saw the picture :lol:

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 16th, '09, 07:50

I agree that Airu and Ojiro seem more like friends than anything else. They are similar in too many ways to be a couple.

Mei . . .
Seems to like Masato. The preview for the next episode had them on a date. As for Ojiro, it appears he and Kairi are still meeting at the apartment garage; he lets her in and she actually smiles - widely. And yes, all four bow to Reiko's husband. :lol I believe Masato's lover was a woman; someone told me and and AiAi went to Masato's 'girlfriend's' grave. But, whoever in that picture - it must be shocking, because I think Kei and AiAi get a look at it next week and they look, well. . . shocked.

gauri92

Post by gauri92 » Feb 16th, '09, 16:25

i would love it if airu and ojiro end up 2gether....making her and kei end up 2gether....i dunno, 2 obvious maybe...that hiroshi and karina will b 2gether in the end???

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 17th, '09, 05:50

It IS obvious^^

But I dunno, Kei seem to be obsessed abt Mei. So there's stil only 50-50 chance for Kei-Airu pair.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 17th, '09, 12:37

I agree with you guys about Kei and AiAi - it's so 'been there, done that.' With five/six episodes left, is there time for Kei to get over his deep love for Mei? She seems to have more or less gotten over him. Maybe the whole point of the Love Shuffle is:

the original couples can end up together. Kei and Mei. AiAi and Yuki. Reiko can discover her real feelings for her husband and finally decide to stay or leave. Masato can move on from his lost love. Kairi can find a reason to live. And Ojiro can finally find his talent. Now, that is a little cliche, but I can see it happening that way.

Nojima Shinji (the screenwriter) is really known for writing awesome human dramas, that usually turn out rather happily or incredibly sad. So, I think there are still a number of ways for this drama to go. But, I'm sure the ending won't totally be what we expect. They'll surely be a twist in there, somewhere.

talays

Post by talays » Feb 17th, '09, 13:09

Writers seems to be playing with us to arise curiosity for the show, which btw they are very successful at. I think it is more realistic if we end up 1 or at most 2 couples. I even consider no couples as a possibility. It depends if this drama is defined as human drama or romantic-comedy. Personally I prefer the second but it seems that it will be first.

Too many shuffles would make them intimate friends rather than couples I think. Hence most expected result would be initial couples or no couples! I toot for Kei and Aiai but since everything possible it is too soon to decide/guess.

I really love this drama especially building intimate! friendships as well as evolution of characters through the things they face in these 1 week dates. I hope such dramas will continue where there is not 1 or 2 star! couples but rather many balanced couples :)

We should send our appreciations to the producers and maybe we can hope that there will be second season with totally different couples, although it doesn't seems so with the current ratings!

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Feb 17th, '09, 14:31

nikkibell84 wrote:I agree with you guys about Kei and AiAi - it's so 'been there, done that.' With five/six episodes left, is there time for Kei to get over his deep love for Mei? She seems to have more or less gotten over him. Maybe the whole point of the Love Shuffle is:
the original couples can end up together. Kei and Mei. AiAi and Yuki. Reiko can discover her real feelings for her husband and finally decide to stay or leave. Masato can move on from his lost love. Kairi can find a reason to live. And Ojiro can finally find his talent. Now, that is a little cliche, but I can see it happening that way.
That's what I was thinking too. I mean at first they were all unhappy w/ each other or their relationship were going downhill. IMO, the point of the "Love Shuffle" is that they want to find their destiny one and at the same time they'll learn a lot about themselves and their original lover. From that they'll get to learn more about other peoples lives among the shuffle and see if it will work out or not.

citrone

Post by citrone » Feb 17th, '09, 15:45

el_lady wrote:
nikkibell84 wrote:I agree with you guys about Kei and AiAi - it's so 'been there, done that.' With five/six episodes left, is there time for Kei to get over his deep love for Mei? She seems to have more or less gotten over him. Maybe the whole point of the Love Shuffle is:
That's what I was thinking too. I mean at first they were all unhappy w/ each other or their relationship were going downhill. IMO, the point of the "Love Shuffle" is that they want to find their destiny one and at the same time they'll learn a lot about themselves and their original lover. From that they'll get to learn more about other peoples lives among the shuffle and see if it will work out or not.
Maybe yes...

But they will end up with a lot of affairs that they all knew! :)
We already saw many kissing and sleeping scenes. I cannot imagine such relationships can survive after this much affection. If it is the case should people kiss and sleep with others to realize that they are in love? Come on... I dont't think that it will be the moral of the show...

I could not think that for Ojiro will end up Reiko for example. Maybe Kei's and Aiai's initial relationships may! survive but not for others.

Also, I hope Kei would not end up with MEI ! With such attitude MEI should be with shrink :)

gauri92

Post by gauri92 » Feb 18th, '09, 21:30

i saw epi 4 and i personally could not see much of chemistry b/w ojiro and kairi....it seemed more or less like he was just very frustrated and annoyed with her....interested b'cuz he din't knw ppl who wanted to die....but i couldn't make out any kind of romantic interest....

i still want ojiro and aiai.....it'll b sumthn different.....

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Feb 18th, '09, 23:19

citrone wrote:

Maybe yes...

But they will end up with a lot of affairs that they all knew! :)
We already saw many kissing and sleeping scenes. I cannot imagine such relationships can survive after this much affection. If it is the case should people kiss and sleep with others to realize that they are in love? Come on... I dont't think that it will be the moral of the show...

I could not think that for Ojiro will end up Reiko for example. Maybe Kei's and Aiai's initial relationships may! survive but not for others.

Also, I hope Kei would not end up with MEI ! With such attitude MEI should be with shrink :)
I have to agree w/ you too. If they were to go back to their original lovers, it wouldn't be possible for Ojiro and Reiko because she is already married. I don't mind if Kei and Mei got back together and is working things out.. seems like Kei really cares a lot about Mei.. unless he decides to move on. If you think about the drama as a whole, I probably wouldn't want to do this in real life.. having your lover being pass around and who knows that they might do... just my opinion.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 19th, '09, 02:59

Perhaps staying in a relationship after a love shuffle isn't practical. As you guys have said, a person would know their partner was with other people, etc. That said, the more I think about it, the more I think that not everyone will end up with a partner from the shuffle. They can't. They shouldn't. I do think
Reiko will decide what to do about her husband. As she told Ojiro, in episode five, she loves her husband. But, she has sex with other men, because her husband has sex with younger women. Masato will get over his lost love. Ojiro will spend time with Kairi, and explore his hidden talent (I'm still not totally convinced she isn't going to not kill herself). As for the rest, who knows?
i saw epi 4 and i personally could not see much of chemistry b/w ojiro and kairi....it seemed more or less like he was just very frustrated and annoyed with her....interested b'cuz he din't knw ppl who wanted to die....but i couldn't make out any kind of romantic interest....

I don't think he's interested in her solely because she wants to kill herself. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he can't 'read' her - she's unusual. And the talent.

In episode four:
I got to watch episode four with English subtitles and Ojiro was frustrated at Kairi, because he couldn't 'read' her as he could AiAi, Keiko, and Mei. When, Ojiro takes photos, he tries to get women to revel who they really are. Most of the conversation between Ojiro and Kairi was Ojiro telling Kairi that she really doesn't want to kill herself, that she's not fragile, that it's her meds that make her see things, and that she just wants attention. Kairi just stayed stone faced and answered: 'I will', 'No.' and 'I don't take medicine.' Later, Ojiro told Kairi that if she wanted to die, she should just die, even if she promised to live until she's twenty. Which was when Kairi jumped off the bridge.

In episode five:
Ojiro confessed to Kairi that he believes he has no talent. While she has the talent he pretends to have. It was a rather interesting conversation, and one that gave me a new insight into Ojiro.

gauri92

Post by gauri92 » Feb 19th, '09, 10:37

i guess ill b able to dcide after watching epi 5....but i still can't c ojiro an dkairi 2gether, i dnt know why...

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Feb 20th, '09, 22:45

LOL

Episode 6 was excellent!

MAJOR SPOILER
His lover looked like Ojiro!? That picture was probably my favorite moment in the episode. Okay, I could totally ship that pairing now. :lol

Not that it still couldn't turn out to be a joke that Ojiro and Kikurin are pulling on the others. This crew has a history of awesome pranks.

Still that little sparkle in Kikurin's eye after the shower was sooooo good.

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Feb 21st, '09, 01:00

ryoko11 wrote:LOL

Episode 6 was excellent!

MAJOR SPOILER
His lover looked like Ojiro!? That picture was probably my favorite moment in the episode. Okay, I could totally ship that pairing now. :lol

Not that it still couldn't turn out to be a joke that Ojiro and Kikurin are pulling on the others. This crew has a history of awesome pranks.

Still that little sparkle in Kikurin's eye after the shower was sooooo good.
The spoiler totally shocked me too.
I wondered if it might be a guy, but I thought if that was so then it would definitely be Kei. I think I considered it being anyone EXCEPT Ojiro, hahaha. Now I'm wondering, what with the reveal of who Mei likes in the next episode... anyone else think it could be Airu?

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Feb 21st, '09, 03:18

yes ep 6 was shocking!
I can't believe Kikurin's lover looked like Ojiro. it was so funny how he was checking him out in the shower! lol :lol

i wouldn't be surprised if the person Mei likes is actually Aiai. not after today's ep!
and Kairi and Ojiro are love!! :wub: i adore those two together! it's so adorable how when Ojiro and aiai were on their date Kairi appeared and this romantic music came on and it looked like it was "love at first sight" or something

for anyone who knows japanese or even a little bit you can help translate love shuffle at Viikii.net, they love shuffle up to ep 5 subbed and i also help with the subbing with the little japanese i know and editing. it super easy you just have to make an account and start typing away at the caption/ subtitle box!

anyways can't wait for ep 7!!! i want more ojiro and kairi scenes!! Yoshitaka Yuriko is great as Kairi! totally different from her character in Ashita no Kita Yoshio

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 22nd, '09, 01:19

EP6 is AWESOME, indeed!!!! :cheers: I'm loving LOVE SHUFFLE more and more!!
OMG!! Ojiro and Kairi's scenes in Ep6 were soooooooo cute!!!!!!!! I'm totally shipping this pair now!!! Kairi's fake sneeze was cute :lol I think we can see that Kairi has the will to live on now^^ She become such a cheerful girl now :roll

LOL! Kikurin's lover was someone who resemble Ojiro :lol Best moment when Kei and AiAi found out abt it! But I don't think Kikurin has any feelings at all for him. Coz he said before he didn't realize he resembles his late lover, before Reiko said it. Or maybe he likes him without being aware of it?
Sou kaaa... so what Reiko means by the "secret" all these times, is that Kikurin is GAY! :lol
But I do think how Kairi end up liking Ojiro was predicted already by Kikurin. I think these are related.

Watching the Ep7 preview, seem like the person Mei likes is Yukichi^^ Yukichi looked very shock^^
Does anyone know where I can find Ojiro-Kairi's icons? xDDD

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Feb 22nd, '09, 20:52

kawaiimomo wrote:yes ep 6 was shocking!

and Kairi and Ojiro are love!! :wub: i adore those two together! it's so adorable how when Ojiro and aiai were on their date Kairi appeared and this romantic music came on and it looked like it was "love at first sight" or something

for anyone who knows japanese or even a little bit you can help translate love shuffle at Viikii.net, they love shuffle up to ep 5 subbed and i also help with the subbing with the little japanese i know and editing. it super easy you just have to make an account and start typing away at the caption/ subtitle box!

anyways can't wait for ep 7!!! i want more ojiro and kairi scenes!! Yoshitaka Yuriko is great as Kairi! totally different from her character in Ashita no Kita Yoshio
I agree.. when Ojiro saw Kairi his expression just changed and Kairi had a smile on her face.. and the music just made it more cute.. it was funny when Ojiro looked at the pictures and saw dark strange shadows and just ran away.. plus, the part where Kairi came by to the apartment w/ Kikurin and wanted to see Ojiro but he locked her out.. LOL

HyukMo

Post by HyukMo » Feb 22nd, '09, 21:07

yanie wrote: Does anyone know where I can find Ojiro-Kairi's icons? xDDD
Image x Image

I made two last night as the result of a Love Shuffle addiction. =D

I'm so in love with OjiroXKairi pairing!!
At first I was so AiAiXOjiro, but then the third week came and Kairi makes Ojiro reveal a new side of him and Ojiro makes Kairi smile.

I can't wait for Episode 7!
I wish this series was already completed so that I could just watch it all in one shot.
^__^

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 23rd, '09, 05:57

HyukMo wrote:Image x Image

Waaaa!! Thanks alot! pls make more! :cheers:

kaheiyeh

Post by kaheiyeh » Feb 24th, '09, 02:16

Just started watching this yesterday after a 2 month trip around Asia and damn, this series is REALLY GOOD! I'm waiting very impatiently for episode 7 atm~!

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 25th, '09, 01:26

I loved episode six. This drama is great. I have some O/K icons from episode four. I'll post them later.

Some icons: (please credit if use)

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Feb 26th, '09, 05:11

seems like the guys have more bond and are closer compare to the girls relationship/friendship besides Mei and Airu.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Feb 27th, '09, 07:50

NOW That's what I'm talking about!!! Very very good first episode. One of the few jdoramas this season that actually caught my attention from the beginning. Sorry, a bit late because I was waiting for Querbeet's hardsubs.

The music they chose for this drama fits so well with the theme. Especially the cast, all are awesome and surprised to see them in a drama together.

Though Tamaki Hiroshi looks too geeky in the beginning (or is it just his hair), but still quirky.

Seen Karina in Long Love Letter and Daisuki and glad that she has a different role here. She's so pretty as always.

Who could forget of Matsuda Shota, he's still playing the player/womanizer role but cool guy here.

Only seen Kanjiya Shihori from Kimi Hannin Janai Yo Ne as the smart aleck wannabe detective, but she's playing the naive (so far kind of annoying girl here for 1st episode).

And remembering watching Tanihara Shosuke play the funny teacher from Lovely Complex Live Movie.

Can't wait to watch upcoming episodes and see how the story develops. By the way, is the OST available yet?

citrone

Post by citrone » Feb 27th, '09, 09:11

HyukMo wrote:
yanie wrote: Does anyone know where I can find Ojiro-Kairi's icons? xDDD
Image x Image

I'm so in love with OjiroXKairi pairing!!
At first I was so AiAiXOjiro, but then the third week came and Kairi makes Ojiro reveal a new side of him and Ojiro makes Kairi smile.

I can't wait for Episode 7!
I wish this series was already completed so that I could just watch it all in one shot.
^__^
Very cute.... Nice work....

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 28th, '09, 03:55

Just skimmed episode seven. Things are still good, and going strong. Things are also getting slightly creepy.
Masato whispering to Kairi at the end, then stroking a sleeping Ojiro's face in the preview. I'm suddenly reminded of Reiko saying she saw something dark in Masato during their love shuffle. Could he have an underlying obsession with his dead lover?

And, I have to say: still more interested in Ojiro, Kairi, Masato, and Reiko then the Kei/Mei/AiAi/Yuki love square.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 28th, '09, 13:10

Ep7
As always, I loooove Ojiro-Kairi's scenes!^0^ They're so sweet. But there were so little of them, I want more!

My most favorite scene:

Ojiro: I wonder if I can take you in as a pet...
Kairi: Ojiro...
Ojiro: Oh? Isn't this the first time you call my name? More than that, you don't call someone's older than you like that, at least call me "Ojiro-san"!
Kairi: Ojiro-san...
Ojiro: *chuckles* I was just joking, you idiot!
Kairi: I like you, Ojiro.
Ojiro: That line is not impressive to me.
Kairi: Aishiteru... (I love you)
Ojiro: That too...
Kairi: *her stomach made a noise* ........... I'm hungry.
Ojiro: That's it! We should just go with that!
Kairi: *smiling widely*
Ojiro: *pinching her cheek* Don't smile like that! It made my heart beats.

I don't care abt Mei, but somehow, I want Yukichi to be happy... kawaisou hito dakara xD Next week, Mei might cancel the wedding again since Yukichi start a move on her.

What's with AiAi and full moon? Lol.

Kikurin kowaaaai~~ xDDD He's like the antagonist here! Sounds like he don't mind if Kairi commit suicide? Seem like he's using her or something.

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Feb 28th, '09, 16:20

When I started watching Querbeet's HD release, I noticed that the actors had unnaturally smooth skin. At first I thought the video was encoded with a heavy smoothing filter (which would be odd), but then I realized that the actors must be wearing ridiculous amounts of makeup to look good in high definition, or at least makeup that doesn't look very natural.

Looks like a promising drama, though.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Feb 28th, '09, 19:46

I really liked the first episode, tho it made me realize again how ridiculous Japanese dramas sometimes are. A psychiatrist introducing men to his own patient? Unethical. A psychiatrist bringing his own patient to a love game where they can become a couple themselves? Ah, I don't even know what to say...
Still, for now my favorites are Matsuda, the suicidal girl and the rich nerd. Hopefully they will have a happy ending. :)

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 28th, '09, 20:05

yanie wrote:Ep7
As always, I loooove Ojiro-Kairi's scenes!^0^ They're so sweet. But there were so little of them, I want more!

My most favorite scene:

Ojiro: I wonder if I can take you in as a pet...
Kairi: Ojiro...
Ojiro: Oh? Isn't this the first time you call my name? More than that, you don't call someone's older than you like that, at least call me "Ojiro-san"!
Kairi: Ojiro-san...
Ojiro: *chuckles* I was just joking, you idiot!
Kairi: I like you, Ojiro.
Ojiro: That line is not impressive to me.
Kairi: Aishiteru... (I love you)
Ojiro: That too...
Kairi: *her stomach made a noise* ........... I'm hungry.
Ojiro: That's it! We should just go with that!
Kairi: *smiling widely*
Ojiro: *pinching her cheek* Don't smile like that! It made my heart beats.

I don't care abt Mei, but somehow, I want Yukichi to be happy... kawaisou hito dakara xD Next week, Mei might cancel the wedding again since Yukichi start a move on her.

What's with AiAi and full moon? Lol.

Kikurin kowaaaai~~ xDDD He's like the antagonist here! Sounds like he don't mind if Kairi commit suicide? Seem like he's using her or something.

I love Ojiro and Kairi too.
It looks like Kairi will make it to 20 and she and Ojiro might pick up a dog. Cute. I agree: I like Yukichii, but don't like Mei and am rather indifferent to Kei and AiAi. So, I like the character but not his storyline. Kikurin is getting rather creepy, which is a shame because I really did like his character. But, if I do think about it, he always seemed alright with Kairi killing herself. What is up with him?

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 1st, '09, 00:54

I sure hope that
Kairi will not kill herself and have a happy ending with Ojiro. She seems to like him as they spent time together and much more happier.
Overall I like the 4 leads relationship, they are like childhood friends. I cannot wait for the sub to catch up because I don't like watch it online.

noinimod

Post by noinimod » Mar 1st, '09, 04:03

Wow.. just caught 2 eps and i'm pretty impressed by this drama. I'm also wondering why it isn't as popular as it should be; maybe it's the many dialogues in this show that might turn some people off, but i like the depth they give to the characters. I wish subs were more readily available!!

londonsoul

Post by londonsoul » Mar 1st, '09, 04:48

Ojiro and Kairi pairing was so predictable. Love them BUT wish Ojiro would of got with someone else.
Like maybe the doc :lol :lol
Got to Love Shota's hair :wub: the man is way cooooooooool
Did anyone notice that he has more muscle in ep 7 :wub: :wub: he looked a bit soft in ep 1. :lol Soft is ok but hard is better :whistling:

seiret

Post by seiret » Mar 1st, '09, 06:35

Up until Ep 7, Mei was okay.
But her being indecisive is annoying. I mean, fine, it actually moves the story forward, but, argh, the other characters are going nuts because of her whims.

POOR YUKKI.

I'm not sure if adding a new character for Aiai was a brilliant idea too. Then again, it moves the story forward, so...

Other than that, Ojiro and Kairi are extremely cute. :)
Ep 7 was rather frustrating, wasn't it? But it what makes me appreciate the show more. So far, this show's characters, script, and pacing are its strengths, imo.

a2a

Post by a2a » Mar 1st, '09, 17:21

So, after watching the 7th episode I became sure of this:
This whole Love Shuffle game was just a manipulation of Kikurin to make Oojiro fall for Kairi, then have Kairi kill herself, to make him experience the same feelings he did when his Oojiro look-alike lover commited suicide. That way he would probably turn to him for help and... *grasp* Oojiro is all his!
But I believe he underestimates Kairi. She is probably not going to kill herself. She seems to be truly falling for Oojiro.
I'm also curious about the other characters but in the meantime the Oojiro-Kairi-Kikurin triangle interests me the most!

Sean

Post by Sean » Mar 2nd, '09, 01:33

About to download episode 1. I have to wait for fansubs as I don't understand Japanese. :(

I love Hiroshi Tamaki though, so I can't wait to check the series out.

hell_on_heels

Post by hell_on_heels » Mar 2nd, '09, 01:55

I'm only up to episode 2, but I like it a lot. Makes me feel a little tingly or something. :wub:

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Mar 2nd, '09, 03:24

a2a wrote:So, after watching the 7th episode I became sure of this:
This whole Love Shuffle game was just a manipulation of Kikurin to make Oojiro fall for Kairi, then have Kairi kill herself, to make him experience the same feelings he did when his Oojiro look-alike lover commited suicide. That way he would probably turn to him for help and... *grasp* Oojiro is all his!
But I believe he underestimates Kairi. She is probably not going to kill herself. She seems to be truly falling for Oojiro.
Really? You think he is capable of that kind of deviousness? I haven't yet watched ep 7, but it seems so out of character. But, then again, maybe I'll reverse my opinion after watching this ep.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 2nd, '09, 03:34

@ a2a. I see where you're coming from and I think you may have a point.
Whenever Kairi spoke (in ep one) about not wanting to do the love shuffle, because she was planning to kill herself and she didn't want to hurt anyone, it was Kikurin who told her it was alright and not to worry about those she'd leave behind. Really, whenever Kairi has mentioned killing herself, Kikurin has seemed almost okay with it, especially after her meeting with Ojiro. It does make Kikurin seem shady. His scenes with Kairi, especially in regard to her wanting to die and Ojiro have always been rather dark, at least to me. It does make me wonder what Kikurin is really thinking. If you go back thru the episodes, it does appear like he is a much darker person than the others think.

JenDaArc

Post by JenDaArc » Mar 4th, '09, 09:41

hmm..actually I really like the Ojiro-AiAi pairing since episode 2 (the scene in the studio and kitchen was truly amazing..I can feel my heart beating for both of them)

But I can't seem to hide the fact that maybe they would end up with the same person (original couples) cos maybe they'd realized that they were actually "the one" for each other.

But please..let Ojiro be with AiAi..they are soo cute together! I wonder why this drama isn't getting the attention that it deserves, I love the Love Shuffle concept and the casts are great..

Maybe cos I like Shota and Karina too much!! ^^

~kani~

Post by ~kani~ » Mar 5th, '09, 22:38

ep 7
Did you guys notice that when Mei said that she is okay with the marriage,
Kei wasn't that happy after thinking it for a second or two... Does he really still
like Mei? I got the feeling that there's no chemistry between those two
anymore. It's more like Kei talks about Mei so much out of a habit...?
Of course they were in love in the beginning, though :P

I can't wait for subs! Even though I understand most of what they say, I'd like
to have an explanation to certain jokes and words. This drama is absolutely
the best one of all the currenly airing dramas I've watched. (like korean BBF,
Mei-chan, Akai Ito, ...) I like it that people talk and you get to know the characters
well... For some reason I'm not that surprised that "sensei" turned out to be such
scary person. There was something in his smooth gestures and voice that made me
shiver from the beginning, but I just thought that was due to that I dislike guys like that.

What's up with the wife and her husband? I'm really curious about it!
So it seems that the only possible pairings will be Mei-Yuki, Kei-AiAi and maybe
Kairi-Ookun...? If the sensei doesn't make Kairi commit suicide...
One of the good things about this drama is, that you really couldn't predict any pairings
until the last few eps... ^^ and it's not still a sure thing. :S

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Mar 6th, '09, 14:30

I haven't watch the whole ep. of 7 yet but Kikurin is starting to look suspicious and is starting to creep me out. Since it was revealed that he is bisexual, seems like he wants Ojiro to himself because he looks like his ex girlfriend/wife. Kei seems to be having second thoughts about getting marry to Mei. I wonder if he's really ready to let go. Mei still annoys me because out of the blue she wants to be w/ Kei.. so I feel like she was sort of testing his love while in the love shuffle.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 6th, '09, 15:54

el_lady wrote:I haven't watch the whole ep. of 7 yet but Kikurin is starting to look suspicious and is starting to creep me out. Since it was revealed that he is bisexual, seems like he wants Ojiro to himself because he looks like his ex girlfriend/wife. Kei seems to be having second thoughts about getting marry to Mei. I wonder if he's really ready to let go. Mei still annoys me because out of the blue she wants to be w/ Kei.. so I feel like she was sort of testing his love while in the love shuffle.

Kikurin is starting to look suspicious, but after going back and watching earlier episodes (especially with his Kairi interactions) there has always been something a little off about him and the way he treats Kairi, the idea of her killing herself, and the idea of her having a relationship with Ojiro. I think Kei has started to see he has some feelings for AiAi, which is coming as a surprise, but also something he could get use to. However, his love of Mei seems to still be strong. As for Mei - yeah, I'm not sure she's meant to be this annoying, but she is really annoying.

citrone

Post by citrone » Mar 6th, '09, 16:46

nikkibell84 wrote:]Kikurin is starting to look suspicious, but after going back and watching earlier episodes (especially with his Kairi interactions) there has always been something a little off about him and the way he treats Kairi, the idea of her killing herself, and the idea of her having a relationship with Ojiro. I think Kei has started to see he has some feelings for AiAi, which is coming as a surprise, but also something he could get use to. However, his love of Mei seems to still be strong. As for Mei - yeah, I'm not sure she's meant to be this annoying, but she is really annoying.
We are still at ep7. Writers still playing with us, right? I believe once the truth about Kikurin will be revealed it wouldn't be like a sick intention to make someone commit a suicide but rather more human. This is my opinion regarding the general plot of the show up to now.

We should not expect that the mysteries about relations would be solved yet (till ep7), however, I prefer they will not be resolved at the last episode all together!

Also a bad/annoying person is always required! (seems to be Mei in here). In order to make things harder for Kei in the show, and most probably leas audience to root for Kei, AiAi relationship( all posters and opening have them in the middle side by side :D ), writers seemed to be sacrificing Mei character, which I am totally OK with it.

In the end I still expect/root for/hope for Kei-AiAi & Karina Ojiro...

Anyway, I still enjoy this drama with its fresh plot. Thanks to producers/writer/cast as well as fansubbers which make it possible to enjoy the show for us

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 6th, '09, 23:44

Episode eight was just. . . I just finished skimming it and OMG

Ojiro and Kairi were adorable. Did he actually ask her to marry him? But then, did Kikurin tell her to leave? Honestly, for a brief moment I thought she killed herself, but it seems she is just missing. Unless Kikurin did something. I'm seriously worried about him and my Ojiro/Kairi pairing.

Meanwhile, is Reiko pregnant with one of their babies or did I totally misread that?

Also - my Yuki love continues, but his storyline with Kei/Mei/AiAi/new guy continues to bore me.

With only two more episodes, I'm really wondering what will happen next. I have such love for the man writing this series, Nojima Shinji, he does human drama so well.

syaokizz

Post by syaokizz » Mar 7th, '09, 02:58

ep 8 is just so cute and intense at the same time. I can't wait for the next ep. I'm totally rooting for KairiOjiro now. They are the main stars of this show xD

kaheiyeh

Post by kaheiyeh » Mar 7th, '09, 03:13

After watching episode 8:
Yes it does seem like that Kukurin is doing some dirty work by making Kairi disappear so that he can have Ojiro to himself. Nasty stuff.

Reiko is pregnant with one of the four guy's babies and she even explains that her intention of joining Love Shuffle was so she could have a "good looking kid".

Seems like the pairings at the end are going to turn out to be Kei/Aiai and Mei/Yuki as this episode seems to solidify that even more.
Have to wait another week now. :-(

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 7th, '09, 04:52

kaheiyeh wrote:After watching episode 8:
Yes it does seem like that Kukurin is doing some dirty work by making Kairi disappear so that he can have Ojiro to himself. Nasty stuff..
Yes, it does seem to be that way with Kukurin. And yet from the episode nine preview,
Ojiro is going to fall apart with the loss of Kairi. :cry:
Reiko is pregnant with one of the four guy's babies and she even explains that her intention of joining Love Shuffle was so she could have a "good looking kid"..
[/spoiler]

Thank you for clearing that up.
Wonder if we'll ever find out who the father is.

anyala

Post by anyala » Mar 7th, '09, 07:24

hmm ..interesting...

i really hope an happy ending for ojiro and kairi...

i think kei will end up with aiai... only with aiai ..he is able to be himself...if he;s with mei..he's not be able to be himsellf and that's why mei left him in the first place right>??

for others i think they just be happy ..better off alone kinda thingy...kakkaka...

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Mar 7th, '09, 15:38

syaokizz wrote:ep 8 is just so cute and intense at the same time. I can't wait for the next ep. I'm totally rooting for KairiOjiro now. They are the main stars of this show xD
I agree w/ you.. Ojiro and Kairi are so cute together that they took the show away w/ their cute moments in every episode.
anyala wrote:hmm ..interesting...

i really hope an happy ending for ojiro and kairi...

i think kei will end up with aiai... only with aiai ..he is able to be himself...if he;s with mei..he's not be able to be himsellf and that's why mei left him in the first place right>??

for others i think they just be happy ..better off alone kinda thingy...kakkaka...
I really do hope that Ojiro and Kairi will get a happy ending too. Kikurin should just leave them alone.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 7th, '09, 19:06

I'm hoping Kairi
comes back or is seen next week. I'm really worried that Kikurin did something to her. And Ojiro is just a mess without her.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 8th, '09, 00:25

I'm interested in... (from Ep8)
When Kei talked abt how he hate to watch sad news abt the war, or about murder, or about those dogs that are going to be killed. It made him frustrated that he cannot help them. He feels like "Is it okay if we only know abt these and just sympthize them without helping them?". Ojiro said "It can't be helped, we're not Superman". Kei said he know that and that's exactly why he doesn't want to know about those news. Then, Airu said, "Could it be... that you're...?" but then she didn't continue.
The next day though, in the car, Airu asked him, "Could it be that you were actually someone who can help those people, but now you can't? Like Superman or Spiderman?". And Kei said, "Don't be silly. I can't even fly." Airu said, "Yeah I know that. But maybe you could actually help people..."

I wonder what does this conversation mean? I'm sure there's more to it. Coz Nojima Shinji doesn't put random chats that has nothing to do at all with the characters. I'm guessing that it has something to do with how Mei always said that Kei used to be "shining".

Anyway, I loooooove Ojiro-Kairi scenes in this ep!!^0^ But I don't like it when Ojiro become frustrated in the end =\

One problem though, I think it's too fast that Ojiro proposed to Kairi (it's kind of out-of-character) and it's also too fast that Kei suddenly totally forgot about Mei in this ep, he didn't go "Mei, Mei, Mei" at all in this ep, and even started a move on Airu.

Oh well... they only have 10 eps, I guess...

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 8th, '09, 02:42

When Kei talked abt how he hate to watch sad news abt the war, or about murder, or about those dogs that are going to be killed. It made him frustrated that he cannot help them. He feels like "Is it okay if we only know abt these and just sympthize them without helping them?". Ojiro said "It can't be helped, we're not Superman". Kei said he know that and that's exactly why he doesn't want to know about those news. Then, Airu said, "Could it be... that you're...?" but then she didn't continue.
The next day though, in the car, Airu asked him, "Could it be that you were actually someone who can help those people, but now you can't? Like Superman or Spiderman?". And Kei said, "Don't be silly. I can't even fly." Airu said, "Yeah I know that. But maybe you could actually help people..."

I wonder what does this conversation mean? I'm sure there's more to it. Coz Nojima Shinji doesn't put random chats that has nothing to do at all with the characters. I'm guessing that it has something to do with how Mei always said that Kei used to be "shining".

I agree, Nojima Shinji never puts anything in that won't come back in the story at another point.
Remember in the first episode, where Mei mentioned that Kei saved her? I thought of that during those scenes. I also remember Kei telling Kairi's father that "I. . . we won't let her die." in episode seven. Kei seems like someone that once went out of his way to help and save people, but stopped when he and Mei got together, for whatever reasons.

Anyway, I loooooove Ojiro-Kairi scenes in this ep!!^0^ But I don't like it when Ojiro become frustrated in the end =\

Ojiro/Kairi are always love. Though, I just watched episode seven with subtitles and now watching episode eight: Could it be possible that it was planned for Ojiro to fall for Kairi (her having been manipulated by the Doctor, as she seems to listen to whatever he says), her to leave, then for her to kill herself at a later time? K's lines to Kairi at the end of episode seven made me think that. Then, the two talking at the pool, and her disappearing. I hope not. :| Ojiro's break down after finding Kairi gone made me sad. It seems like it will only get worse in episode nine.

One problem though, I think it's too fast that Ojiro proposed to Kairi (it's kind of out-of-character) and it's also too fast that Kei suddenly totally forgot about Mei in this ep, he didn't go "Mei, Mei, Mei" at all in this ep, and even started a move on Airu.

As much as I adored the proposal, it did seem fast; even if he has been falling for her since episode four. In reality, they've only been hanging out for three months (and only one-on-one for about two months) The same goes for Kei and his feeling for Mei and Airu. I guess they are just hurrying, because there are (sadly) only two or three episode left and there still is a lot to cover.
[/spoiler]

seiret

Post by seiret » Mar 8th, '09, 04:20

Ep 8, talk about a cliffhanger.
I believe the "Superman conversation" refers to one of the issues that Kei should resolve by the end of the series. Part of his dilemma is that he's looking for something that he can really do. I've always wondered how they're going to resolve this, and Ep 8 seems to point us to the answer.

I also don't think Kikurin is that bad. It would be a shame if he really was. Sure he wants Oujiro, but perhaps he also wants to find the answer as to why his boyfriend killed himself by watching these two? Or how he should live his life after a tragedy? Maybe he's testing them? I dunno, but seeing as how the other characters are developed, I doubt Kikurin would just be the generic you-didn't-see-it-coming villain.

And Reiko being pregnant. Looking back at the old eps, the characters actually kept mentioning "pregnant" from time to time. When they were stuck at the elevator and AiAi wasn't feeling well, Kei said, "Could you be pregnant?" Also, after sleeping with Reiko, Aiai told Kei, "Don't touch me, I'll get pregnant." At this early point we were actually given hints as to why one of the characters wanted to join the Love Shuffle. Brilliant script, really.

As for who the father is? I'm hoping it's Kikurin.

Lastly, I like Yukki so much, I think I like him more than DAIGO himself. Hahahahaha. XD

a2a

Post by a2a » Mar 8th, '09, 20:23

As I suspected...
Kikurin really wanted Ojiro to fall apart and console him in order to win him! He started believing that he is his lost lover probably too... Creepy...
Kairi is most likely not dead but I don't know what Kikurin might have done to her. Drugged her in order to make her lose her memory temporarily maybe? (I have a wild imagination eheheh)

I loled at Reiko's pregnancy. We'll probably won't see her again. But I'd love to learn whose baby it is!
Still my favorite character is Yuki. He is uber cute! I never imagined DAIGO could be this cute! :lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 9th, '09, 02:06

Yukki IS cute!! But I still love DAIGO himself better! lol.

It's really too bad, if he's gonna end up with someone like Mei...

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 9th, '09, 23:18

Hi everyone
this is my 1st time writing here. to tell the truth, i watched ep1 with no subs and i was really bored. i gave it another chance with subs and now after watching ep3, i am really liking this show.
can't deny the fact that reading all of spoilers made me curious about it more and made to give it ago.
at the moment, i am just loving Diago's cutness. i just love everthing he says or he does. and as for hotness, i thought i will stick to the reason that i wanted to watch this drama at the begining, but i guess there is no denying in that shota stole that part from tamaki alltogether.
as for girls, the one and only :crazy:

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 10th, '09, 22:23

seiret wrote:

I also don't think Kikurin is that bad. It would be a shame if he really was. Sure he wants Oujiro, but perhaps he also wants to find the answer as to why his boyfriend killed himself by watching these two? Or how he should live his life after a tragedy? Maybe he's testing them? I dunno, but seeing as how the other characters are developed, I doubt Kikurin would just be the generic you-didn't-see-it-coming villain. .

I just keep thinking back to all the Kikurin scenes, especially those with Kairi and during his love shuffle with Reiko.
Kikurin has never seemed that considered with the idea of Kairi killing herself, and he even told her it was alright if someone in the shuffle fell for her and she left him via suicide. He's also kept a close eye on Kairi and Ojiro, which I thought, at first, was because he wanted to make sure Kairi lived, but. . .
Then there was the thing Reiko told the other girls during their lunch: that she had seen something dark in Kikurin's eyes.

I don't think he's evil, but I do think that the death of his boyfriend messed him up a great deal, and how he's taking it out on Kairi and Ojiro. It's like, because Ojiro looks like the person that hurt him the most, Kikurin wants Ojiro to hurt just as much as he did/does. Which is why Kikurin was willing to let Kairi kill herself.

I'm just reminded that characters in this writer's dramas are always more complicated then they seem. But, very few of them (at least in the last few years) are ever evil, just rather selfish. I think Kikurin is like that.

Sean

Post by Sean » Mar 13th, '09, 00:35

I just watched the first episode and I thought it was brilliant. Can't wait to catch up on the subbed episodes and I hope there are more released soon!

I'm already hoping for a Kai and Aiai ending. They look great together. :D

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 14th, '09, 06:07

Did anyone watch episode nine yet? I only skimmed it, but it looks like things are starting to wrap up nicely. Is next week the last episode. And,
I'm still rather disinterested in Mei and her storyline. But, it does seem like Kei/AiAi will be 'end game'. As for Ojiro - I was happy that Kairi leaving made him find his talent; but, why am I worried K/O is not 'end game'? Yuki - still wish he had gotten a better storyline, but that's mostly because I dislike Mei.

kaheiyeh

Post by kaheiyeh » Mar 14th, '09, 06:26

Yea episode 9 just kinda ... really turned out totally different to what i had in mind (preconceptions dammit!)
Kukirin genuinely scared me s***less at the beginning. I was beginning to think that he was genuinely evil; especially with that laugh he had when Aiai and Usa-tan were looking.

Next week looks like the last episode (the Love Shuffle site on TBS says so) and judging from the preview, Kei/Mei go for the marriage but Yuki or someone is probably going to come barging in and crash the party. Otherwise how do we get the Kei/Aiai thing going! Gah preconceptions again ... =(