[Discussion] Kami no Shizuku (Winter 09) Kamenashi Kazuya

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
marriedtomisaki

Post by marriedtomisaki » Aug 7th, '09, 16:10

Whatever Kame did I don't think it was that big of a deal. If it was something worth mentioning it would at least be on his Wikipedia page. I checked a couple of Japanese actors/actresses's Wikipedia pages that have been in known scandals or incidents and they are mentioned where Kame has nothing on him.

Phillykat

Post by Phillykat » Aug 7th, '09, 22:28

zsuness wrote:
Phillykat wrote:When I heard about KnS, I thought the alleged 8) public drunkeness, fights, and kissing were either a poor PR choice or a really bad choice on the part of his management.
I mean pre 2007, Kame was often called anorexic and the role of a gluttonous character was something not many would have imagined he'd end up playing.
What did we do? Share a brain? The same thing crossed my mind when I heard about Ichi Pound. I was extremely curious as if they were going to give him a belly double, lol.
I hope they'll take his career more seriously from now on, though. :x I agree, Wakui could have been colder and less emotional. Would be nice to see Kame in a darker role.. that, or the complete opposite. ;)
Exactly. We saw a hint that he might be able to carry it off in Wakui. Playing against type would be perfect. I think you said earlier you'd like to see him in more comedy. To be honest I wouldn't mind that either. I think he has very good comedic timing.

zsuness

Post by zsuness » Aug 8th, '09, 12:32

LOL I think the same thought crossed a lot of people's mind back then and maybe in the case of KnS, as well. It can't be a coincidence.

It'd be nice to see Kame in a true villain role.. like a terrorist or a psychopath. Something extreme. And I absolutely agree, Kame has great comedic timing. I really did enjoy his work in OPG.

taylor

Post by taylor » Aug 8th, '09, 13:34

Guys, I think Kame is really a great actor. I love his dramas and I find it unique. There's always a challenge in everything that he does. Although the plots perhaps are not as interesting as you think but I think it were not for him starring it, those dramas may have flopped.

Take for example One Pound, I think he was able to portray a very convincing role of boxer. The way he executed his punches and his form were amazing. For me the plot was beyond okay since I used to watch American and British films and all of them have the same story line. I guess Japanese dramas/movies are quiet new to me.

For KnS, I like the wine concept. Being able to relate it to ones life is just 'suggoi".

As for Tatta, I think Kame was so handsome in that drama. :cheers:

marriedtomisaki

Post by marriedtomisaki » Aug 9th, '09, 06:08

Finished watching KNS. After watching the 8th episode I thought that 9 episodes is plenty for this drama and I was starting to think that there is no way this drama was rushed. After the 9th episode my mind has changed a bit. I think if they had added 20 minutes to the final episode they could have finished it off better.

Having said that I still think that 10 episodes or 11 episodes would have been overkill. So my final thoughts are, great concept, great acting, likeable actors/characters and an overall worth while drama. Highly Recommended.

the_lilone

Post by the_lilone » Aug 10th, '09, 07:41

I just watched ep 7 and I'm SOOO confused!! can someone please explain this to me?? maybe I was a bit distracted....
I know that Kiryu didn't finish reading the whole clue and Shizuku stopped her as she was leaving and said she misunderstood something and then went to pick up the rest of the clue and read it.... what did she misunderstand? so all in all Kanzaki Yutaka saw Kiryu as an irreplaceable friend? is that it?
as for the drama... not the best but not really as bad as I thought. when I saw the ratings I thought this must be a really crappy drama but as a Kame fan I would never give up a chance to see him acting. I think this drama WAS kinda a waste for him as the storyline wasn't amazing but I thought he got to express his acting skills more than in Ichi Pondo no Fukuin. that drama he was funny but it wasn't much acting. I'm almost done the drama and really... I'm not a wine/alcohol drinker but this kinda makes me want to try and see maybe some wines are good. it just..... is harder for someone who's not interested in Kame or wine to keep watching it I guess :P

Jhobbit

Post by Jhobbit » Aug 26th, '09, 02:41

I have seen most of his dramas and Kami no Shizuku is the worst one so far. But I don't think it reflects on his ability. There was something that didn't click in this series but I can't put my finger on it. He seems to be on an unlucky streak. I didn't like him in Mr. Brain. I think it was his hair cut. There was something not quite "otonashi". Maybe it will be different when Gokusen the movie comes out. I hear that it did quite well.

torescheel

Post by torescheel » Nov 20th, '09, 10:46

Does anyone know if Kami no Shizuku is available in English?

PS. Some bottles of the 7th apostle, the Amon-Ra from Ben Glaetzer, will be put up for sale on www.wine.dk in the first week of December 2009.

zsuness

Post by zsuness » Nov 21st, '09, 08:29

torescheel wrote:Does anyone know if Kami no Shizuku is available in English?
Only the 1st ep has softsubs, the series otherwise was hardsubbed by both JORFansub and ANBU.

torescheel

Post by torescheel » Nov 23rd, '09, 10:34

Thank you so much for your input.

Cheers,

Tore