[Discussion] Atashinchi no Danshi (Horikita Maki)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
yoko0201

Post by yoko0201 » Jul 2nd, '09, 19:40

skoolrumble4ya wrote:
rurikomai wrote:BTW what show is that on your signature it looks funny.
It looks like it is from Teppan Shoujo Akane!! the bit where she has just woken up from a very strange dream about a wedding.at the beginning of Ep.5

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 2nd, '09, 19:43

ahh that's good to know that they keep in contact xD well none of the them is from JE so there's no reason Maki didn't exchange her number *wink*

The special disc usually contains BTS, CM, Interview, and.. spin offs (?)

ssih

Post by ssih » Jul 2nd, '09, 21:22

Well, I certainly don't regret spending the time watching it, but it definitely wasn't one of my favorites. It had its moments, but it was a bit too juvenile for me - a little too "Disney". When Tokita was standing outside the castle wearing the Elton John glasses and pirate hat, I would have felt better if there was a 5-year-old watching with me. I thought GiriGiri did an absolutely fabulous job on the subs, though. Everything was completely understandable from a western perspective, and they gave great notes for concepts that were lost in translation.

I'd really like to see Maki do another serious drama. I think she's way better looking when she's sad or at least upset about something. She was at her most beautiful at the end of several episodes of Kurosagi when he was being mean to her.

yoko0201

Post by yoko0201 » Jul 2nd, '09, 21:48

ssih wrote:Well, I certainly don't regret spending the time watching it, but it definitely wasn't one of my favorites. It had its moments, but it was a bit too juvenile for me - a little too "Disney". When Tokita was standing outside the castle wearing the Elton John glasses and pirate hat, I would have felt better if there was a 5-year-old watching with me.
This is how we watch dramas like this, as a family. I do not think that I would have watched it alone, but with the children around, it is fun; somehow you get caught up in their excitement and can enjoy it with them, and, sometimes you get the chance to become a child again. My three year old has a particularly interesting take on things, what is important is excitement, noise and color. The children will watch it again, they normally do, but mum and dad, no.

ssih

Post by ssih » Jul 2nd, '09, 22:26

yoko0201 wrote:My three year old has a particularly interesting take on things, what is important is excitement, noise and color.
I see your location is "UK". Does your three year old speak Japanese (i.e. recently moved there from Japan), or was the show simply entertaining enough without understanding the dialog?

(Of course, you could impress the living hell out of me and tell me that (s)he can follow the subtitles!)

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » Jul 3rd, '09, 04:47

Nomanymore wrote:ahh that's good to know that they keep in contact xD well none of the them is from JE so there's no reason Maki didn't exchange her number *wink*
I'm so curious now :scratch: ..what is it between Maki -Chan and Johnny's Entertainment? :scratch:

yoko0201

Post by yoko0201 » Jul 3rd, '09, 08:08

ssih wrote:
yoko0201 wrote:My three year old has a particularly interesting take on things, what is important is excitement, noise and color.
I see your location is "UK". Does your three year old speak Japanese (i.e. recently moved there from Japan), or was the show simply entertaining enough without understanding the dialog?

(Of course, you could impress the living hell out of me and tell me that (s)he can follow the subtitles!)
I'd love to impress you, but, sadly, though he is learning Japanese, the show was simply entertaining enough without understanding the dialog. When he is old enough, the Japanese Consulate will send us, free of charge, all the current school texts twice a year up to the end of Junior High School so hopefully, he won't need the subtitles. At some time, we hope to be a subtitle free house, or subtitles for emergencies only. At the moment, we are watching NO British television, just Japanese,and our daughter has decided that she wants to be like Ayase Haruka in Hotaru no Hikari as she is at home, hair, dress and all, though NOT the beer - she gets something else for that - though she does go round the house saying ビール, ビール, ビール quite a lot, and she likes sleeping under newspaper. Sorry to go off topic, but it is really a parent's duty to boast about their children.

ssih

Post by ssih » Jul 3rd, '09, 09:57

yoko0201 wrote:Sorry to go off topic, but it is really a parent's duty to boast about their children.
Absolutely! Sounds like you've got a reason to be proud. :-)

Aiko_

Post by Aiko_ » Jul 3rd, '09, 10:27

Well, I am in the middle of watching it . and from episode to episode it is getting more and more interesting. Some scenes are really funny. I really like roles of Mukai Osamu and Okada Yoshinori :)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 3rd, '09, 12:42

Mai-Soon wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:ahh that's good to know that they keep in contact xD well none of the them is from JE so there's no reason Maki didn't exchange her number *wink*
I'm so curious now :scratch: ..what is it between Maki -Chan and Johnny's Entertainment? :scratch:
well it's rather JE with the rest, not with Maki in particular. But it's not important to mention here anyway.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 3rd, '09, 12:43

im so happy the team didn't drop the subbing project for this drama and stuck with it to the very end.

the final scene was so unexpected and cute that i almost cried!!! :lol

p3rk3le

Post by p3rk3le » Jul 3rd, '09, 14:44

Awww~~~ It's done!! I loved it so much~~~ but seriously, I needed more Maki-Osamu moments...!!!!

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jul 4th, '09, 00:23

Nomanymore wrote:
Mai-Soon wrote:
well it's rather JE with the rest, not with Maki in particular. But it's not important to mention here anyway.
Oh, no. You've gone and made me all curious, so the least you could do is provide links to the gossip.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 4th, '09, 00:43

Nomanymore wrote:well none of the them is from JE so there's no reason Maki didn't exchange her number *wink*
Hehe, after the meal date rumor, I believe Mukai-Maki had already exchange numbers secretly even before the closing party :lol j/k!

lullabye, I think nomanymore only meant that most of the younger JE boys are not allowed to have relationship with ANY girls, it's some kind of an unwritten rule. I think everyone know that already :P Or even if the boys broke the rule, JE will make it hard for the girls. So most of the young actresses who frequently act together with JE boys might have been warned by their own agencies not to get too close with JE boys.

Now, let's not get this OOT gets further, shall we? :-)

Btw, Tsuruno Takeshi (who played Kokudo-kun) just held a wedding ceremony few days ago! Omedetouuu~ I wonder if AtaDan casts were invited?? :roll

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 4th, '09, 05:30

^ OMG can't believe I miss the community, I think I must have misread the name or something, because MakixMukai is Muaki to me xD Anyway, will join the fun now!! ^^
& of course thankss for all the little bits of them!! <3

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » Jul 4th, '09, 09:08

yanie wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:well none of the them is from JE so there's no reason Maki didn't exchange her number *wink*
Hehe, after the meal date rumor, I believe Mukai-Maki had already exchange numbers secretly even before the closing party :lol j/k!

lullabye, I think nomanymore only meant that most of the younger JE boys are not allowed to have relationship with ANY girls, it's some kind of an unwritten rule. I think everyone know that already :P Or even if the boys broke the rule, JE will make it hard for the girls. So most of the young actresses who frequently act together with JE boys might have been warned by their own agencies not to get too close with JE boys.

Now, let's not get this OOT gets further, shall we? :-)

Btw, Tsuruno Takeshi (who played Kokudo-kun) just held a wedding ceremony few days ago! Omedetouuu~ I wonder if AtaDan casts were invited?? :roll
Thanks for the explanation :thumright:
I sorta guess that too...
errr...and thanks for the link to the Makai love community , it sounds fun :cheers: :cheers:

thbirdman

Post by thbirdman » Jul 9th, '09, 03:04

Did anyone else notice that they recycled the robot from hana kimi for atashinshi no danshi

hana kimi

atashinshi no danshi

I thought it was interesting.

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Jul 9th, '09, 14:42

:lol LOL, good catch. But it's actually to be expected, as the creative team behind Hana Kimi is pretty much the same for Atashinchi. :)

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Jul 9th, '09, 14:49

:lol everyone already knows that

thbirdman

Post by thbirdman » Jul 9th, '09, 20:28

Haha, that's what I get for waiting so long to start this series ^^;

ssih

Post by ssih » Jul 9th, '09, 21:03

Hey, they recycled the lead actress...

;) ;)

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Jul 23rd, '09, 19:26

They recycled the hallways too. The hall leading to the living room looks exactly like the hall where Nakatsu told Kayashima about his grandmother's passing. Not to mention the mantle on which Okura's portrait hung is so reminiscent of the mantle in Osaka Gakuen's canteen where the founder's portrait hung.

Plus there's Maki, Yusuke and Yoshinori -- all part of the Hana Kimi cast. But that's owing to our suspicion that Japan only has 100 actors. :lol

Btw, I love the practice confession scene between Masaru and Satoru -- LOL!

If I could only get over the creepy issue that Chisato married her biological father, this series would be perfect. But I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. :scratch:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 23rd, '09, 20:09

^ uhm I rewatched again and I don't find resemblance at all... So far they only used Miraculum, which they mentioned on the blog from the start.

well
The marriage paper was never applied, so they've never been really married.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jul 24th, '09, 07:48

tunix_2008 wrote:Btw, I love the practice confession scene between Masaru and Satoru -- LOL!

If I could only get over the creepy issue that Chisato married her biological father, this series would be perfect. But I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. :scratch:
The practice confession scene is all kinds of win.

I just rewatched the first episode while introducing the program to a friend. And it was clear watching it that the marriage was the only way Shinzo was going to get Chisato to spend any time with him.

Re-watching has really impressed me with how coherent the story turned out to be, even though it was pure crack from start to finish.

Zeineb

Post by Zeineb » Jul 24th, '09, 13:09

*edit*
Last edited by Zeineb on May 27th, '10, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

mcjayjay

Post by mcjayjay » Jul 30th, '09, 21:10

@zeineb: i actually adore the actor who plays sho!! he's really good!

and i totally love the pairing of chisato and sho <3
im on episode 9 now

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Aug 1st, '09, 05:14

Zeineb wrote:
I just regret the lack of chemistry between Sho and Chisato... there is no magic. She could have had chemistry with Masaru, but not with Sho. It was sorta regretful. Plus, the guy who plays Sho is a very bad actor :glare:
I sort of agree with you. I didn't like the character of Sho at the beginning, and never completely warmed up to him. I liked Mukai's interaction with Okada (Takeru), but not with Maki. I also like Takeru with Chisato. I dunno--Sho/Chisato just seemed too forced to me. But maybe that is just the awkwardness of Jdrama romance at play. I haven't seen Mukai in anything else yet, so maybe I will like him better when he isn't the romantic lead.

The best chemistry in the show was Satoru/Masaru. I hope Seto and Yamamoto act together again. They seem to bring out the best in each other. Chisato and Shinzo scenes were also good; I could tell Maki enjoyed working with Kusakari. She was really fortunate to get to spend so much time with such a seasoned actor.

And Yamamoto Koji--OMG, what a great character actor! So funny! He's definitely on my follow-list now.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Aug 2nd, '09, 18:03

Does anybody know who the guy to the right is? His face is sooo funny. :mrgreen:

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Aug 2nd, '09, 21:42

Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:Does anybody know who the guy to the right is? His face is sooo funny. :mrgreen:

He's Nasubi: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nasubi

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Aug 3rd, '09, 16:51

lullabye wrote:
Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:Does anybody know who the guy to the right is? His face is sooo funny. :mrgreen:

He's Nasubi: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nasubi
Thanks for the quick answer! :thumright:

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Aug 3rd, '09, 17:36

i just saw him played bainkingu
i think that game was soo old cuz he has this short hair :lol

KiCKHoPPeRz

Post by KiCKHoPPeRz » Aug 10th, '09, 22:57

When can we get the next episode by TimeLesSub & GiriGiri??
Can someone tell me the day they always come out so then I don't need to frequently checking the torrent section for the torrent?

kurzweb24

Post by kurzweb24 » Aug 21st, '09, 05:45

HORIKITA MAKI IS THE BEST ACTRESS 4EVER!!!!!!!

I LOOOOOOVE WATCHING HER!!!!!!!

HAIL HORIKITA MAKI!!!
HAIL HORIKITA MAKI!!!
HAIL HORIKITA MAKI!!!
HAIL HORIKITA MAKI!!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 2nd, '10, 01:07

Is there any downloads available for the Atadan DVD's behind the scenes features??

And, oh, very happy to know the 4th brother and 5th brother will act as brothers again in Rinne no Ame^^

I miss the Ohkura brothers!

koyuki-chan

Post by koyuki-chan » Jan 4th, '10, 01:59

I really love yamamoto yusuke in this series..
he acted really good :thumleft:

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Jul 27th, '10, 09:20

Does anyone know if there will be special to this drama?
I would love to see one! The drama was sooo great! :wub: