[Discussion] BOSS (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
schiffleviele

Post by schiffleviele » Apr 29th, '11, 13:39

Yes, it wasn't aired because FujiTV showed the live telecast of The 2011 World Figure Skating Championships.
It is announced on BOSS 2 official website that the third episode will be air on the 5th of May.

Tass

Post by Tass » Apr 29th, '11, 18:11

Transformers soundtrack in episode 2 gets boring after 30+ minutes nonstop :(

I hope that Toda and/or Riku will stay.

Kae

Post by Kae » May 7th, '11, 17:36

I am disappointed that Toda Erika is no longer in the opening and ending credits in episode 2.

Romance

Post by Romance » May 19th, '11, 10:40

Discuss more!! :P
Ep 3 was great! But i wish they skipped down on the jokes.

wang_noi

Post by wang_noi » May 19th, '11, 13:14

Romance wrote:Discuss more!! :P
Agree with you ^^
Moreover, I wish to watch the couple of Eriko and Nodate more !! :wub:
Really want to know the end of this couple :wub: :wub:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » May 22nd, '11, 10:54

Romance wrote:Discuss more!! :P
I'm watching it just for the jokes ;)

Loved ep 5. I wanted to see more of Omori Nao though . . . Still wonder about his character^^

mixedmedia

Post by mixedmedia » May 23rd, '11, 19:49

Nukumizu's character is so gross! Like he has a snowball's chance in hell of getting with Rika the hacker! So far, Tadokoro's nothing more than annoying and weird.

Seeing the mails coming from Kimoto makes me hope that she comes back towards the end.

Even w/ Shaku Yumiko's character gone, the chances of Kichise coming back are even less likely OTL.

Might have to re-watch season 1 to confirm but so far, season 2 seems not as good?

rootabega

Post by rootabega » May 24th, '11, 07:54

Somebody wake me if Oomori Nao shows up again.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 31st, '11, 03:23

Episode 5 was hilarious.
I can't help but laugh whenever that new girl (the one who's always eating and showing up without notice somewhere...i can't remember her name) just blurted every single important clue to the team, without even noticing she did it. I like the whole clueless expression. I didn't like her character at first, since Erika left but it seems she's doing fine.
I still miss Erika though. I hope she shows up somewhere as guest, though very unlikely.

ecco27

Post by ecco27 » Jun 1st, '11, 03:59

I don't think the second season is as good as the first one either. Katagiri is different isn't he? I don't remember him being so awful with women in the first season, he had the problem with shooting his gun and stuff but that was pretty much it iirc... I guess they had to make something weirder about him or else he wouldn't be strange enough for this team :P

It's also a little annoying how the team is personally involved with every case before it even becomes a case. It happens like every episode!

Oh well, I'm still enjoying it.

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Jun 1st, '11, 04:37

@ ecco i agree with ya i didn't like boss2 i think boss 1 was more powerfull in da plot i miss toda and michico actually the character is still draggry nothing new i only watch it for yutaka tankenoushi

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 1st, '11, 06:25

^ second on Yutaka! he looks great with facial hair :wub: Soooo much better than his plain look in Nagareboshi.

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » Jun 1st, '11, 07:37

Tass wrote:Transformers soundtrack in episode 2 gets boring after 30+ minutes nonstop :(
It would be interesting to know whether they use these cues on the DVD version. Do they pay fees to the right owners ????? Anyway, they have hired good composers and they still re-use Hollywood blockbuster music, it's stupid (and, yes, boring)

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Jun 1st, '11, 22:59

cast make appearance on Shiawase ni Narou yo :lol

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Jun 1st, '11, 23:02

will u marry me?

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jun 5th, '11, 08:48

it is quite funny to see the Boss cast in Shiawase ni Naruyo. lol.. that show was quite serious.. n when the Boss cast appeared in those cameo scenes, I can't help it but laugh. lol...

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 16th, '11, 14:42

omg omg omg!

:cheers:
anyone watched the trailer for next week's epi? I just finished ep9 and it looks like Kimoto and Asada (from Iryu) will be featured !!! ~ I can't wait! It's really nice to have Kimoto back once in a while! yatta!

wang_noi

Post by wang_noi » Jun 19th, '11, 15:38

avieamber wrote:omg omg omg!

:cheers:
anyone watched the trailer for next week's epi? I just finished ep9 and it looks like Kimoto and Asada (from Iryu) will be featured !!! ~ I can't wait! It's really nice to have Kimoto back once in a while! yatta!
Finally, Asada came for just being a killer :cry: Moreover, there wasn't Kimoto. It was just a second of her. Anyway, she will be return (for sure) in the next episode. :cheers:
How many episodes will be, 11? It's going to end, right?
I wonder about the end of the relationship between Eriko and Nodate . :wub:

Wish to watch soon :wub: :wub:

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Jun 20th, '11, 15:03

Finally caught up on watching until ep 9. I don't find the cases all that clever. However the jokes are still so funny, and I love love all the Nodate-Osawa interaction!
Ep 7 and 8 had the best Nodate-Osawa scenes! Especially the flashback scenes where Nodate and Osawa were detective buddies and the background to the formation of the Countermeasures Unit.

Nodate has always been watching out for Osawa, and I think he has always liked her. Hope they give us a good ending for the two of them! It's also really nice that each episode ends with them sitting at the bar and talking. The bar in ep 7 even had an entire tank of jellyfish like in Nagareboshi!
Anyway can't wait to see the next episode with Kimoto back! Really curious to know the story behind Oomori Nao's character too. :w00t:

wang_noi

Post by wang_noi » Jun 20th, '11, 18:38

emmy21 wrote:Finally caught up on watching until ep 9. I don't find the cases all that clever. However the jokes are still so funny, and I love love all the Nodate-Osawa interaction!
Ep 7 and 8 had the best Nodate-Osawa scenes! Especially the flashback scenes where Nodate and Osawa were detective buddies and the background to the formation of the Countermeasures Unit.

Nodate has always been watching out for Osawa, and I think he has always liked her. Hope they give us a good ending for the two of them! It's also really nice that each episode ends with them sitting at the bar and talking. The bar in ep 7 even had an entire tank of jellyfish like in Nagareboshi!
Anyway can't wait to see the next episode with Kimoto back! Really curious to know the story behind Oomori Nao's character too. :w00t:
Totally agree with you :D
I also love their interaction and hope that they will give us a good ending for this couple :wub:
Really want to see the next episode... Anyway, don't want time pass so quickly because I have many things to do :P

r1ck

Post by r1ck » Jun 21st, '11, 09:38

after watch ep8 BOSS 2
the case has similarity with zettai reido case
(method of tie the rope and cause of serial murder stop)
maybe this is impact of lot detective dorama.
Last edited by r1ck on Jun 27th, '11, 05:35, edited 1 time in total.

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Jun 25th, '11, 18:32

I think BOSS (and BOSS 2) could of been a much much better drama if they cut out some of the comedic elements and the SUPER PREDICTABLE story-lines.
The thing I don't like is the over-the-top "fake" death scenes of the characters they have in many episodes. It is so predictable that you know they aren't dead because they do it on the show too many times. It's fine if they do it once, or even twice, but this show does it so many times that you know they are acting.

yanaliao

Post by yanaliao » Jul 4th, '11, 05:01

Hello! I just finished watching Boss 1 and 2. I can't wait if there's an upcoming season again next year! heehee... I just love the "Boss" and his buddy... Also, Kimoto was really good. :) Can't wait to have them brought back together again.

I'm a bit disappointed with the mastermind, of the 2-year on-going case so I hope there will be a season 3. Want to see pipo and pipa in action agian. x)

Ja!

raiskymaiFLY

Post by raiskymaiFLY » Jul 5th, '11, 06:44

Unnngh, I wish I could figure out what some of the insert music used is. I don't mind that they use music from other movies and such; it's pretty common in dramas and variety shows, but it makes it really difficult to identify when I hear something I like. They often used a track that I really liked in the first season, and season two, there were a few things I really wish I knew that I can't seem to identify, like the music in episode 6 when Boss is revealing the identity of Sal.

I already watched the finale, but there were a lot of things I couldn't understand, so I'm really looking forward to the subs. Yeeee

marinelzen

Post by marinelzen » Jul 16th, '11, 01:12

They used music from the recent Michael Bay Transformers films. Hope that helps.
raiskymaiFLY wrote:Unnngh, I wish I could figure out what some of the insert music used is. I don't mind that they use music from other movies and such; it's pretty common in dramas and variety shows, but it makes it really difficult to identify when I hear something I like. They often used a track that I really liked in the first season, and season two, there were a few things I really wish I knew that I can't seem to identify, like the music in episode 6 when Boss is revealing the identity of Sal.

I already watched the finale, but there were a lot of things I couldn't understand, so I'm really looking forward to the subs. Yeeee

Romance

Post by Romance » Jul 19th, '11, 06:32

I thought the finale was decent.
Boss 2 was all in all an ok drama and nothing more. Way too many (and often) silly jokes, and the cases were extremely predictable. The thing that every case somehow was related to the characters just felt "too much".

What do you guys think after the finale?

Uzma

Post by Uzma » Sep 24th, '11, 22:21

I really loved the drama. The ending was ok and i would really love to see a third season being made.

futarichan

Post by futarichan » Oct 2nd, '11, 01:37

BOSS 2 NG on 16th Ganbatta Awards (2011.09.24) :lol :lol

DOWNLOAD: >>HERE<<

Gia3000

Post by Gia3000 » Nov 17th, '11, 02:54

Besides Transformers, here's some of the music I managed to id:

Most used: the track "The Thumbprint Killer" by Ramin Djawadi from the Mr. Brooks soundtrack (awesome movi btwe, I highly recommend it)
Winston's Theme - Edward Shearmur from the Derailed (2005) soundtrack.
Various tracks from Angels & Daemons and The Da Vinci Code by Hans Zimmer

I dunno what the track is from Ep. 6 but it's pretty awesome. If I manage to find the soundtrack it comes from, I'll make sure I post the info on here.

raiskymaiFLY wrote:Unnngh, I wish I could figure out what some of the insert music used is. I don't mind that they use music from other movies and such; it's pretty common in dramas and variety shows, but it makes it really difficult to identify when I hear something I like. They often used a track that I really liked in the first season, and season two, there were a few things I really wish I knew that I can't seem to identify, like the music in episode 6 when Boss is revealing the identity of Sal.

seojin

Post by seojin » Jan 23rd, '12, 12:55

I really loved boss 1 and 2... it was like a breath of fresh air from the more serious crime dramas. It's true that most of the cases are predictable and well, yes they overused the "I'm acting like I'm dead" scenes, but in my case I usually look forward on the explanation of how they played it out. In any case I'm really hoping they make a third season, since I really loved this series.. I liked all the characters and especially the scenes with nodate and eriko XD

yanaliao

Post by yanaliao » Sep 18th, '12, 16:36

Any news for an upcoming Season 3? Just re-watched BOSS 1 n 2~ Can't believe they haven't thought of doing a Season 3 yet... keeping my fingers crossed!

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 12th, '13, 10:27

Is it just my imagination (and sore desire), or does that banner signify season 3? Can anyone translate? D:

buntafujiwara1

Post by buntafujiwara1 » Jun 12th, '13, 11:29

I really like this series too!

My Japanese is bad so correct me if im wrong.

I can make out: Boss x imatsubu which is like twitter, and bottom left says BOSS discussion. Top of the bubble says third series I think, and the date i presume.

Someone plz confirm.

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 16th, '13, 13:05

buntafujiwara1 wrote:I really like this series too!

My Japanese is bad so correct me if im wrong.

I can make out: Boss x imatsubu which is like twitter, and bottom left says BOSS discussion. Top of the bubble says third series I think, and the date i presume.

Someone plz confirm.
I never said thank you for the translation!!

I'm pretty sure you're right though...I did find it on the official blog and there were comments with stuff in japanese and 'BOSS 3' in it, so I'm assuming they were just asking for a 3rd season or something...

Do you know what the date's referring to?

Notheros

Post by Notheros » Jun 22nd, '13, 15:39

Anon. wrote:
I never said thank you for the translation!!

I'm pretty sure you're right though...I did find it on the official blog and there were comments with stuff in japanese and 'BOSS 3' in it, so I'm assuming they were just asking for a 3rd season or something...

Do you know what the date's referring to?
Seems to be a every month discussion about the drama. Nothing special. I found some links dated from 2011, there's nothing about 3rd season.

Alexz80

Post by Alexz80 » Jul 30th, '13, 11:38

Anyone have BOSS 1st season english sub? i downloaded the RAW 720p version. please help

ibdemented

Re: [Discussion] BOSS (All Seasons)

Post by ibdemented » May 31st, '18, 00:13

Looking to re-download the complete first and second season of TimeLesSub's hardsub of BOSS. My external harddrive crashed and took all my jdramas with it. If someone could post a torrent or download link, it would be extremely appreciated.