[Discussion] Konna Koi no Hanashi

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
paradox

[Discussion] Konna Koi no Hanashi

Post by paradox » Apr 18th, '09, 14:02

Sorry if theres already an existing thread for this series, but I couldn't find it.

I was wondering if anyone else watched it? I enjoyed it a lot. Its a real classic and shouldn't be missed IMO.

Harashima Shuichiro (Sanada Hiroyuki) is a wealthy but lonely businessman who succeeded his father's company after his death. Reputed to be cold, merciless, and corrupted in his dealings, he seeks only to expand his company and profit at the expense of others. One day, he experiences some painful seizures and decides to secretly visit a clinic. To his horror, he finds out that he has an incurable case of cancer and only has three months left to live. There, he is asked by a working-class man, Konosuke Shimodaira (Tamaki Koji) to lend him 30 cents. Unknowing of Harashima's plight, Konosuke cheerfully promises to pay Harashima back. Happy yet poor, Konosuke is the direct foil of Harashima - a man living an empty existence with money.

From this moment onwards, Konosuke invites Harashima into his world - a world without money, but brimming with compassion and friendship, alien concepts to Harashima's cold heart. Although Harashima at first resists Konosuke's attempts to become friends, he eventually gravitates towards Konosuke and his friends' warmth, even finding love in the innocent Kaori (Matsushima Nanako). However, they have no idea that Harashima is the same man who is planning to demolish their homes in order to build a business center. How will his newfound friends react, and what will Harashima do with his last remaining months left to live?
Link: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Konna_Koi_no_Hanashi

My apologies again if there is already a thread for this series in existence. :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 18th, '09, 14:32

oh my god
this drama is one of my most fav drama of all times. i must have seen it over 10 times (it is true, as i watched raw and subbed as soon as i could find them on ebay)
being a HUGE Hiroyuki Sanada fan, this drama was a must watch for me and after loving in love with it, i kept watching it on regular bases.
even though the story is sad but it is very enjoyable. even though you know what is going to happen to the main role, you still want to carry one watching.
Hiroyuki's sanada's performance (as usual ) is so great. there is also great acting by koji tamaki and nanako matsushima.
over all, i really can't find anyone who has seen this drama and did not like it. pitty, there is no dvd version available anywhere.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Apr 18th, '09, 15:26

I am watching this right now and enjoying it a lot.
Happy that I happened to find this dorama!

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 19th, '09, 04:27

I like this seris too. The relationship between Kaori and Harashima was particularly memorable for me. I felt the second half wasn't quite as good as the first half, but still good overall.

Jhobbit

Post by Jhobbit » Apr 27th, '09, 05:05

This is a good series. One of the better love stories.