[Discussion] Gakeppuchi no Hero / Buzzer Beat (Yamapi)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
MisS Lonliah

[Discussion] Gakeppuchi no Hero / Buzzer Beat (Yamapi)

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 24th, '09, 22:29

NEWS member Tomohisa Yamashita has the lead role in Fuji TV's upcoming Monday night drama series, tentatively titled "Buzzer Beat ~Gakeppuchi no Hero~." His female lead this time is actress Keiko Kitagawa, who graduated from Meiji University's School of Commerce one year after he did.

The love story has Yamashita playing a salaryman who belongs to his company's basketball team. Despite his appearance, he is completely weak under pressure when it comes to work and romance. Although he has a girlfriend (Saki Aibu), he falls in love with a spirited and cheerful woman who is unable to be straightforward (Kitagawa).

Shihori Kanjiya plays Kitagawa's friend, while Hideaki Ito serves as Yamashita's rival in love. Junpei Mizobata, Nobuaki Kaneko, Miki Maya, and Masaru Nagai are also part of the supporting cast.

Yamashita's only experience with basketball so far is in classes at school, so he is undergoing special training for two weeks. "Buzzer Beat" premieres in July.

tokyograph

--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday at 9. Fuji TV. Starts July 2009.
Tentative title : Buzzer Beat - Gakeppuchi no Hero
Yamashita Tomohisa : Honest, straightforward guy who works for a basketball club. In basketball, work and love, when it comes down to the crunch, turns out to be a timid guy. Falls in love with Keiko.
Keiko Kitagawa : A cheerful, positive and headstrong girl.
Ito Hideaki : Coach of Yamapi's basketball team and later a love rival.
Aibu Saki : Yamapi's girlfriend.
Mizobata Junpei : Yamapi's colleague.

Other cast members : Kaneko Nobuaki, Maya Miki, Nagai Masaru, Kanjiya Shihori.

Comment from Yamapi:
"It's about basketball and a love story. I want to make a cheerful and enjoyable drama that would make people who watch it feel like doing their best the next day too."

unleashthegeek

PS: two girlfriends are not bad XD let's hope that this dorama will be interesting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Title: ブザー・ビート
* Title (English): Buzzer Beat
* Tagline: 崖っぷちのヒーロー / Gakeppuchi no Hero
* Format: Renzoku
* Broadcast network: Fuji TV
* Broadcast period: 2009-Jul-13 start
* Air time: Monday 21:00
* The song : Ichibu to Zenbu by B'z

Last edited by MisS Lonliah on Jul 17th, '09, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.

biteme_lestat

Post by biteme_lestat » May 25th, '09, 06:33

OHMIGO! YAMAPI AND KEIKO!!!!!

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » May 30th, '09, 04:22

YES! Yamapi in another drama!

I'm excited for this, hoping it'll be fun summer drama~

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Jul 4th, '09, 04:08

Wow! New Keiko-chan drama!!!!!!

KEIPI couple will be cute onscreen!

Feisty_Warrior

Post by Feisty_Warrior » Jul 12th, '09, 04:00

They look kinda nice in the drama's preview I saw on Youtube

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jul 12th, '09, 06:19

Looks like the basketball scenes look pretty well done by what I've seen in previews. Was worried it would look bad.

chemical_werewolf

Post by chemical_werewolf » Jul 13th, '09, 13:34

I liked the first episode!!

Yama-chan is handsome as ever (or as always)
Keiko is really nice)))
And the basketball scenes are done very well.

Now the question: does anyone know who is subbing this drama??
I'm from a fansub group, i'll translate "buzzer beat" into russian. so i would like to know if smn lays the subs out here, on d-addicts...

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 13th, '09, 15:55

chemical_werewolf wrote: Now the question: does anyone know who is subbing this drama??
I'm from a fansub group, i'll translate "buzzer beat" into russian. so i would like to know if smn lays the subs out here, on d-addicts...
(Soft) Heiwa Fansubs (announced June 3)

(Hard) Love_Song (announced June 4)

^^

chemical_werewolf

Post by chemical_werewolf » Jul 13th, '09, 18:06

MisS Lonliah wrote:
(Soft) Heiwa Fansubs (announced June 3)

(Hard) Love_Song (announced June 4)
thank you very much!)) :salut: :mrgreen:

tinkerbell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by tinkerbell » Jul 14th, '09, 10:30

I have just finished downloading and made a quick preview...
The show looks great!! Although too much pink :P
I hope the storyline will be as good as the "visual" aspect!!
I'm exicted to watch the whole episode!!

jadejoker

Post by jadejoker » Jul 14th, '09, 16:25

I can't wait!
I'm waiting on the english subbed version as well but I look forward to seeing Yamapi in a new drama. He's the sexiest man on my list!
I hope it doesn't disappoint!

Heiwa Fansubs
Fansubber
Fansubber

Buzzer Beat - Episode 1

Post by Heiwa Fansubs » Jul 15th, '09, 01:51

For me, it's seeing Sailor Mars (Kitagawa Keiko) and Sailor Venus (Komatsu Ayaka) acting together again..

e u p h o r i s t i c

Post by e u p h o r i s t i c » Jul 15th, '09, 02:29

YAMAPPPIIII ~
new drama? HELL YEAH! <3

crazypilovee

Post by crazypilovee » Jul 15th, '09, 04:56

aww i really liked the first ep!! i think the plot was laid out well & leaves room for a lot of developmt b/wn the characters~~
andd the bball scenes were pretty good, i wasn't really bored thru 'em like i normally am w/ sports scenes loll

chokubi

Re: Buzzer Beat - Episode 1

Post by chokubi » Jul 15th, '09, 05:37

Heiwa Fansubs wrote:For me, it's seeing Sailor Mars (Kitagawa Keiko) and Sailor Venus (Komatsu Ayaka) acting together again..
And I thought I was the only one... :fear:

core2quadcore

Post by core2quadcore » Jul 15th, '09, 08:29

^ I was even surprised to see ayaka appeared as early as episode 1 :D

fleng

Post by fleng » Jul 17th, '09, 06:24

Promising start with the first episode. So far everything looks well done. Some funny moments with the shirts off with Yamapi playing with his chest pecs.
Suprised me that Saki Aibu character was someone who acts good and nice but is actually quite a bad girl.
Bet the girls love those topless scenes huh.

loveless_soul

Re: Buzzer Beat - Episode 1

Post by loveless_soul » Jul 17th, '09, 07:30

chokubi wrote:
Heiwa Fansubs wrote:For me, it's seeing Sailor Mars (Kitagawa Keiko) and Sailor Venus (Komatsu Ayaka) acting together again..
And I thought I was the only one... :fear:
Lol. I noticed it too when I saw the cast! Will the other Sailor senshi guest stars..? xD that'll be pretty funny.

I've been waiting for a long time for a new Yamapi's drama after Code Blue >< I'm soo looking forward to watching the first episode.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 17th, '09, 15:38

so cute ^^

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 17th, '09, 17:07

after watching the first epi
^ Aibu Saki never strikes me as a cheerleader though...Ahhhh.....it's so so refreshing to see Yamapi in a totally DIFFERENT type of character! I mean, he was all cool, cold, and always frowning, never smiles back in Kurosagi and Code Blue. It's good to see him in a more cheerful state this time around. Keiko did a pretty good job so far, this is my first time watching her in a drama (never watches her stuffs before) and pairing them up with Ayaka is win! They're hilarious together! Funny pair! Then, Aibu Saki....yeah, innocent from the outside, darker person on the inside. first episode reveals all.

Overall, I am liking the way this story goes. I guess I'll be continuing this.

Onigir1

Post by Onigir1 » Jul 17th, '09, 21:48

I loved it more than I thought I would, and I was already expecting to like it. It took its time with the introducing of the characters and a little setting up of things so I understand why people would think it's slow, it didn't feel that way at all to me though, I loved every bit of it , Riko is such a lovely girl, I had never seen Keiko acting before and thought she did quite good.

I loved Aibu Saki
as the evil two-faced girlfriend, she looked so nice and all, it surprised me but at the same time it didn't at all when she revealed her not so nice side.
And well, Naoki, it's hard not to like him,
poor guy is so deluded with his girlfriend, with such low self-esteem because he's not doing well in his career... and he adds strawberry perfumed stuff to his bath, lol
I love to see Yamapi in a role like that after playing a cold doctor in Code Blue,

I'm so looking forward to episode two!!
I so want to see how the relationship between Naoki and Riko develops, if there was something I disliked is the fact that it took them the whole episode just to met. Then again, that scene was brilliant.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 17th, '09, 23:28

just watched the 1st episode..though I didn't expect much from this drama but I really liked it..
looking forward for the next episode...

I loved the OP..thought it was great~

zinkognito
United States of America

Post by zinkognito » Jul 18th, '09, 00:32

At first Keiko seemed to be playing a very "Asami Mizusawa Nodame Cantabile" kind of role, I thought she seemed really serious.

But by the final scenes, she was spazzy and genki, really was the same Mop-Girl that I knew and loved!!!!

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 18th, '09, 01:55

fleng wrote:Bet the girls love those topless scenes huh.
I wasn't! I was like... guys really compare their chest like that in locker rooms? ^_^UU I was surprise that Keiko's friend is the girl from Love Shuffle! I was like... "She looks familiar..." Geez she was annoying in Love Shuffle... but is cool in this drama. The first eppy had enough to hold my interest up.

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jul 18th, '09, 04:24

Also enjoyed the first episode. Things went a bit slow but it set things up nicely for the next eps. I see he's relationship with he's girlfriend coming to an end in a couple of episodes and from then on I'll concentrate on the love triangle between the coach,new girl and Yamapi's character. Anyways knew he's girlfriend was going to turn out that way after what he's sister said about her being "too perfect" and not liking her.

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » Jul 18th, '09, 04:41

Overall a pretty good first episode. Never heard of a basketball team using pink though :blink

magincia

Post by magincia » Jul 18th, '09, 12:07

The music that plays when Naoki is breaking eggs isn't from tokyo love story??

fleng

Post by fleng » Jul 18th, '09, 12:50

«minah» wrote:
I wasn't! I was like... guys really compare their chest like that in locker rooms? ^_^UU I was surprise that Keiko's friend is the girl from Love Shuffle! I was like... "She looks familiar..." Geez she was annoying in Love Shuffle... but is cool in this drama. The first eppy had enough to hold my interest up.
Yeah Guys compare chest size like Girls comparing tit size... lol. But Yamapi really look buffer then usual. That Chest pec is pretty buff lol.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 18th, '09, 19:31

fleng wrote:
«minah» wrote:
Yeah Guys compare chest size like Girls comparing tit size... lol. But Yamapi really look buffer then usual. That Chest pec is pretty buff lol.
Yeah... but I don't stand in front of the mirror with another girl shirtless.... staring at boobs......... *shudders* But yeah! I thought at first he lost weight-ish... (because his arms looks skinnier from when I last saw him... but then again, I don't watch many shows with him in it... he just happens to be in the show in my opinion >__>) but yeah, I was like.... wow he's buffer! I'm watching this series many because of the story and Keeeeeikoooooooooo! ^_^ I will always love Pretty Guardian Sailor Mars ^_^

Sojiro

Post by Sojiro » Jul 19th, '09, 08:03

Yup, unexpectedly I really like this drama already.

The first episode was a really good start, I don't think it was too slow, furthermore I sometime thought that it was unexpectedly direct. The way the head coach was asking Riko out for a date for example |D Usually it takes YEARS for something like this to happen in japanese drama.

This far I'm really satisfied with the cast choices. I didn't like Ito Hideaki (First Kiss) and Kanjiya Shihori (Love Shuffle) all to much beforehand, but I totally love them in their roles in Buzzer Beat.

On the other hand, I already started to hate Aibu Saki's character, but this makes she drama only more entertaining. It's fun if you start supporting the main couple from the very first episode and that I have another character I can direct my frustration at |D~

Yeah... but I don't stand in front of the mirror with another girl shirtless.... staring at boobs......... *shudders*
You DON'T?! |D~
Really funny scene indeed ^^

crazypilovee

Post by crazypilovee » Jul 21st, '09, 02:47

ahh second ep ratings went down 2% to 13.5% :[
i thought this ep was pretty good too but, perhaps they should pick up the pace a bit? hhaaa overall goood =]

Adjanian

Post by Adjanian » Jul 21st, '09, 05:31

I really liked first ep too! It was really good, I enjoyed everyone's performance, and though I don't like Yamapi at all xD, I must say he is playing a good role so far, he's making an effort to make it different from other roles. And Keiko!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love her, she can act and she's totally cute. Aibu Saki's role is pretty interesting too, because both sides oh her character suits her; the innocent and caring girlfriend and the cold, evil seductress and businesswoman. Everything is just fine, I can¡t wait to watch ep 2!

core2quadcore

Post by core2quadcore » Jul 21st, '09, 09:06

they kissed like robots :lol ...another sweeto episode tho, seeing both ayaka & keiko :wub: :cheers:

Monika

Post by Monika » Jul 23rd, '09, 06:51

i agree. They kissed like robots haha. I think Riko's was better haha :P

Onigir1

Post by Onigir1 » Jul 23rd, '09, 07:04

At least those kisses were supposed to suck weren't they?
Natsuki asked him to kiss her again only to prove she didn't feel a thing... no wonder.
I at least hope that by the time Naoki and Riko kiss it doesn't suck that much or I'm going to lose all faith in Yamapi, as much as I love the guy XD

I've noticed they are going out of their way to show shirtless guys, I'm not complaining, the more the merrier :mrgreen:

Ahh, I can't wait for the subs.

Monika

Post by Monika » Jul 23rd, '09, 07:55

Yeah yeah i agree lol. They're supposed to suck haha.

And i agree on that hidden stuff as well =] what a woman.

lonelygurl

Post by lonelygurl » Jul 24th, '09, 04:01

fleng wrote: Yeah Guys compare chest size like Girls comparing tit size... lol. But Yamapi really look buffer then usual. That Chest pec is pretty buff lol.
I think chest wise, yes. But as for his abs they were better before. He is so skinny now. You can even tell from his arms.

About the 1st episode. Well I was only watching for Yamapi & Keiko because the sound of the plot did not interest me at all!! But i was surprised after the first episode! I really love it. :wub: I do not even get why people said it was so boring and nothing made you want to watch the first episode. I thought they developed the characters very well and there is a real feel to this drama. It is something that could happen in real life except of course the too much of a coincidence of Naoki and Keiko's character always running into each other.

Overall I like it. Very natural. As for Aibu's character well there really are girls like that in real life.

aznxshinobi

Post by aznxshinobi » Jul 25th, '09, 04:20

A bit off topic, but the OP song sounds a bit like the Rasmus - In the Shadows. At least the first few seconds of it.

TG3

Post by TG3 » Jul 27th, '09, 00:35

I love this drama so far, which is odd because I usually lose interest in YamaP dramas pretty quickly, (except Nobuta wo Produce). I've never seen Keiko Kitagawa before, so I kind of wondered if she was overhyped like many other actresses who wind up the flavor of the month (or year). I like what I see so far, though. She comes off as very natural and down-to-earth. I can't wait to see how she and YamaP end up.

BTW, the big billboard sign in the background, by the basketball court is a blatant homage/throwback to Love Generation. I think "Love Makes Me Strong" will be the theme of this series in the same way "True Love Never Runs Smooth" was in Love Generation.

e u p h o r i s t i c

Post by e u p h o r i s t i c » Jul 27th, '09, 00:41

I just watched the first episode... Subbed, yeah. >DDDD
BUT: i noticed a lot of 'so close yet so far' moments. >x>;;
like he was right next to her, or almost in contact like 4776457475 times. so far, i'm hating Yoyogi or whatever. So ugly. Yamapi looks like a stupid and naive dude in this one. xDDD
Last edited by e u p h o r i s t i c on Jul 27th, '09, 02:24, edited 1 time in total.

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Jul 27th, '09, 02:19

no one would watch this if yamapi wasn't in it. i'd rather watch paint dry.

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Jul 27th, '09, 04:19

ainhoa wrote:no one would watch this if yamapi wasn't in it. i'd rather watch paint dry.
Guess what? I don't like Yamapi one bit, but I am still watching it. Keiko makes up for his total lack of acting skills. Buzzer Beat might not be the best drama I've seen, but at least it is more original and entertaining than endless detective dramas. Casting your prejudices aside, this drama is a actually a lot better than some of the other idol dramas such as Mei-chan no Shitsuji and Atashinchi no Danshi

core2quadcore

Post by core2quadcore » Jul 27th, '09, 10:22

ainhoa wrote:no one would watch this if yamapi wasn't in it. i'd rather watch paint dry.
kinda rude aren't you? :mrgreen: ...somebody told me he's the reason why buzzer beat's rating is on the edge (I have a feeling, I'll receive a lot of hate & bash mails from this :mrgreen:)...

love the beach! lol at the player buried in that funny looking sand :D...as to what I've seen awhile ago from episode 3 another bed scene (that yoyogi guy sure is enjoying his adulterous time :mrgreen: )...is that utsunumiya a gay? too bad for mai lol....

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jul 27th, '09, 20:07

Just so you know I'm not a fan of Yamapi, that's why I was hesitant in watching ep1. Most of his drama characters have always been the same to me and if he's character is the same on this ... I would kill it now :crazy: ... Ok I would just stop watching it.

But the reason I'm watching it because 2 actresses from Sailormoon Live Action are in it (haha big fan of Sailormoon since I was young). 2nd, the story reminds me of Long Vacation (hmm with the op song) or Pride (mixing sports with romance). 3rd is seeing some cool guys in the basketball team minus the greasy sleazy guy who likes Aibu Saki's character. 4th, I actually like Kanjiya Shihori's character on this. Pretty close to her smart aleck character on Kimi Hannin Janai yo ne? She's not as annoying as her role in Love Shuffle.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 27th, '09, 20:34

I can give a crap about him. I think he completely sucked in Nabuta no Produce. He was so annoying throughout the whole series and tried so hard to be that type of character. Anywho, because of Kitagawa, that's why I'm watching it and the plot isn't that bad. Actresses/actors aren't really the only reason I watch a series. It'll make me more interested in the series, but I watched shows where I had no idea who the main actresses/actors were. And might stop watching something if it sucks, regardless who's in the show. But probably most of the JE fangirls in Japan are watching it for Yamapi so... yeah.

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Jul 27th, '09, 20:46

Aibu Saki can smoke. :crazy:
Kissing scene was so stiff. :crazy:

I'm a BIG fan of Yamapi BUT I watch this because of Komatsu Ayaka (the cheergirl) and Kitagawa Keiko. Only if Yamapi has a better hair style and acting skill.... :|

FArAZ0990

Post by FArAZ0990 » Jul 27th, '09, 23:21

The kiss scenes are funny....their the worst.

TG3

Post by TG3 » Jul 28th, '09, 02:03

I think Keiko's and the coach's kiss scenes were OK, the Saki/YamaP ones were intentionally meant to be bad. I think it's supposed to show the fact that there's no more passion between them.

BTW, I really could care less that YamaP is in it. I'm watching it because it seems like a good story and I happen to like basketball. (BTW, does anyone get a Slam Dunk anime vibe from this show? I loved that series when I was younger)

popoycanton

Post by popoycanton » Jul 28th, '09, 03:21

Me watching because of Kitagawa Keiko, props to her unique acting style, not too feminine & not too boyish, tact, but still childish and playful.

Comment on the basketball:
Its feels dull. Though the guys show decent basketball skills, it doesn't come through on screen. Maybe because the players don't sweat on screen no matter how many times they do lay ups, run up and down the court, its just silly. There is no sense of pressure and no sense of aggressiveness in their plays. For Pete's sake, they don't even get short of breath.

When Keiko told Yamashito Tomohisa off on the court because of his slump, the transition from being a dull blade to a sharp katana was ridiculous.

I don't know if Yamashita Tomohisa is into this or not, but I doubt he can do better even if he truly was.

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Jul 28th, '09, 03:31

keiko acts childish as always
but it suits her

she's so cute acting like that :wub:

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Jul 28th, '09, 03:43

i think the coach is really hot and sexy :wub:

gosh i love yamapi, but if i had to pick between naoki and that sexy coach, i'll go for the coach! :P

anyways, aibu saki's character is so bitchy and annoying. :glare:

it makes me wonder if she really does have a dark side in real life.

if she does, tomoya nagase should run for his life! :lol

Bulykin

Post by Bulykin » Jul 28th, '09, 14:07

check: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Q_rSOluq4

very nice series, Yamapi is a good actor:)

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Jul 28th, '09, 14:16

@miznagase:
im rooting for kawazaki and riko too
though he's older than riko
but he's soo cute with those smiles
:wub:

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jul 28th, '09, 14:17

Some of us are watching it because of Keiko, not Yamapi.

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Jul 28th, '09, 14:25

wmcnair370 wrote:
Some of us are watching it because of Keiko, not Yamapi.
agreed, though im not a BIG fan of Yamapi

but Keiko's in this drama

i miss her quirkiness, jolly, childish act
:lol :roll

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Jul 28th, '09, 20:30

garnet07 wrote:

2nd, the story reminds me of Long Vacation (hmm with the op song) or Pride (mixing sports with romance).
I wish.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Jul 28th, '09, 20:35

I watch this drama because it reminds me of Long Vacation and Love Generation. I like the feel of those dramas. The opening reminds me of Pride too but I think it fells short when compared to Pride OP's awesomeness. I love B'z and the song, but they can't win against Queen and I was born to love you :mrgreen:

I'm rooting for the coach and Riko too. They are more compatible and look cute together. Naoki is boring even though he's very nice to look at. But he's so boring and lifeless. I can see why his girlfriend is bored with him but please! girl, if you going to cheat on YamaPi, at least don't go with that sleazy greasy arrogant new guy.

By the way, what's with the main character in Getsu9 lately? Konkatsu's Kuniyuki was boring too, even the Nakai fangirl in me can't save me from being bored. :glare:

illastrate

Post by illastrate » Jul 28th, '09, 22:18

popoycanton wrote: Comment on the basketball:
Its feels dull. Though the guys show decent basketball skills, it doesn't come through on screen. Maybe because the players don't sweat on screen no matter how many times they do lay ups, run up and down the court, its just silly. There is no sense of pressure and no sense of aggressiveness in their plays. For Pete's sake, they don't even get short of breath.

When Keiko told Yamashito Tomohisa off on the court because of his slump, the transition from being a dull blade to a sharp katana was ridiculous.
The bball scenes are hilarious. The one-on-one matchup between Naoki and the new guy was comedy...he's like a few inches taller than Naoki, yet settles for long jump shots. I'm pretty sure I could beat both of them. Haha. Plus it seems some of the scenes are played on a lower rim. LOL.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Jul 29th, '09, 00:55

nnnc wrote:I'm rooting for the coach and Riko too. They are more compatible and look cute together. Naoki is boring even though he's very nice to look at. But he's so boring and lifeless. I can see why his girlfriend is bored with him but please! girl, if you going to cheat on YamaPi, at least don't go with that sleazy greasy arrogant new guy.

By the way, what's with the main character in Getsu9 lately? Konkatsu's Kuniyuki was boring too, even the Nakai fangirl in me can't save me from being bored. :glare:
naoki's girlfriend has the right to be bored with him, but if she doesn't like him anymore, she should dump him instead of cheat on him.
but because she's cheating on him, that makes her a b-otch.
so i think she and that greasy fugly dude are perfect for each other :P

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Jul 29th, '09, 01:02

rurikomai wrote:@miznagase:
im rooting for kawazaki and riko too
though he's older than riko
but he's soo cute with those smiles
:wub:
yup yup :D he's so adorable :wub:
i started watching first kiss because of him.
there are so many locker room/shower scenes in buzzer beat, but we never get to see kawazaki topless :-(
well, we did get to see his sexy bod in that one short bath scene and that beach party thing, but that was it :unsure:
i wanna see more more more!!! :lol

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Jul 29th, '09, 17:27

miznagase wrote: yup yup :D he's so adorable :wub:
there are so many locker room/shower scenes in buzzer beat, but we never get to see kawazaki topless :-(
well, we did get to see his sexy bod in that one short bath scene and that beach party thing, but that was it :unsure:
yah, beach party was cool

did kawazaki just confess to everyone that riko's her girlfriend?
or i just misunderstand that part...
just correct me if im wrong, i dont understand japanese language that much :scratch:
uh well, have to wait for the translation...

yikes, naoki's GF just cheated on him, OMG!
cruel woman, now she' s sooo annoying

but i love this jdrama :wub:

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Jul 29th, '09, 19:48

rurikomai wrote:
miznagase wrote: yup yup :D he's so adorable :wub:
yah, beach party was cool

did kawazaki just confess to everyone that riko's her girlfriend?
or i just misunderstand that part...
just correct me if im wrong, i dont understand japanese language that much :scratch:
uh well, have to wait for the translation...

yikes, naoki's GF just cheated on him, OMG!
cruel woman, now she' s sooo annoying

but i love this jdrama :wub:
I don't think Kawazaki said that Riko was his girlfriend. All he said that he liked her.
The translations are out. Love Song is translating them. :)

Ah~~ I read some posts back about why people watch this drama. I'm sure there's lots of people who watch it because of YamaPi. and there's some for Keiko. But for me, I'm watching cause of storyline AND junpei-kun!! XD. And there's lots of familiar faces in this drama. :]

And my favorite scene so far is the locker room when they were checking themselves out. LOL. I mean whoaaa. I feel like they really do that in real life. haha.

Good show so farr!! ^___^

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Jul 30th, '09, 00:08

xstarl1ght wrote: I don't think Kawazaki said that Riko was his girlfriend. All he said that he liked her.

Ah~~ I read some posts back about why people watch this drama. I'm sure there's lots of people who watch it because of YamaPi. and there's some for Keiko. But for me, I'm watching cause of storyline AND junpei-kun!! XD. And there's lots of familiar faces in this drama. :]

And my favorite scene so far is the locker room when they were checking themselves out. LOL. I mean whoaaa. I feel like they really do that in real life. haha.

yay! thanks for correcting, and where can i find love song fansub? :whistling:

ah, that scene... well, i dunno if they do that, but its cute
:mrgreen:

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Jul 30th, '09, 01:01

rurikomai wrote:
xstarl1ght wrote: I don't think Kawazaki said that Riko was his girlfriend. All he said that he liked her.

yay! thanks for correcting, and where can i find love song fansub? :whistling:

ah, that scene... well, i dunno if they do that, but its cute
:mrgreen:
http://www.lovesongforums.com/
That's their forum website. You have to sign up. And please follow their rules. :]

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jul 30th, '09, 03:04

ok just started watching ok so far ( for me) it going ok :-) ... but out of the main cast Saki Aibu, and Kanjiya Shihori charcter i like the best
kanjiya Shihori :w00t: (I think her name is )MAI :P she is sooo perky and energetic she stand out for me :thumright: and for Nanami Natsuki (who i think played by Aibu Saki) has this dark thing about her which is toltally different o how I'm usally seing her act :sweat: :wink: well in dramas :mrgreen: Lets see how evrything plays out :D

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Jul 30th, '09, 11:54

I just saw episode 3 of this. I love this series. :D

My favorite character is Shunji, or maybe it's just that I like Mizobata Junpei, lol. He's so outgoing and cute here, and different compared to his character in Akai Ito, where he was shy and quiet.

And I guess I can see the parallel between Nanami and Riko. Riko wants to take things slow with Kawasaki, while Nanami wants to go faster with her relationship with Naoki, which will probably end in ruins.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jul 30th, '09, 12:50

It always ends in ruins with men. The fastest way to end a relationship is to mention the M word or talk about "our" future.

Oniki

Post by Oniki » Jul 31st, '09, 01:12

Well... yes and no.
Just depends on the couple and how their individual personalities manage to 'evolve' together (ack, lack of vocabulary).
I mean, they've been together for 2 years now, it's pretty reasonnable to talk about marriage at this time of a relationship where they see each other everyday or so.
Plus, Naoki is the one who initiated the talk, planning/thinking about his future since episode 1. Which, again, sounds natural imho.

I kinda like how their relationship is portrayed. They obviously reached one point where they are both looking for something a tad different. Naoki content with his relationship and oblivious of his girlfriend's needs. Natsuki (Aibu Saki) longing for more sparks/passion isn't so weird, specially after 2 years. Just too bad she doesn't voices it out.

Whereas Riko looks more down-to-earth and direct in general. Now we will see how it goes regarding her love life. She's supposed to be "unable to be straighforward", but so far, I found her pretty frank and honest (and I like it!).
The fastest way to end a relationship is to mention the M word or talk about "our" future.
I'd rather think all relationships are based on communication. Lack of communication is a sure way to destroy a relationship (not only love, friendship as well). It can be slow or fast, depending on how fast you realise it and decide to act (end it or try to save it).
There is a huge lack of communication between Naoki-Natsuki. They are not on the same ground anymore...

But I've only seen epi. 1-2 subbed and I don't understand Japanese. I can only 'guess' from epi. 3, so I might be mistaken about Natsuki and Riko's behaviors.

flamethunder85

Post by flamethunder85 » Jul 31st, '09, 10:09

misuzana wrote: kanjiya Shihori :w00t: (I think her name is )MAI :P she is sooo perky and energetic she stand out for me :thumright:
Yess! I like Kanjiya Shiori here too. This girl can act.

The interaction between Keiko san and her is a pleasure to watch. Makes me wanting such a friendship too.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jul 31st, '09, 16:50

flamethunder85 wrote:
misuzana wrote: kanjiya Shihori :w00t: (I think her name is )MAI :P she is sooo perky and energetic she stand out for me :thumright:
Yess! I like Kanjiya Shiori here too. This girl can act.

The interaction between Keiko san and her is a pleasure to watch. Makes me wanting such a friendship too.
yea true :thumleft: :thumright: :P like those dress well character seems to habveto be wearing one all the time they look really nice

ok i have negative to say bout
:unsure: y is that in this they put yamapii character to act so clueless with his girlfriend :glare:
I'm just saying k :crazy:

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Aug 1st, '09, 12:03

shannobi wrote:I just saw episode 3 of this. I love this series. :D

My favorite character is Shunji, or maybe it's just that I like Mizobata Junpei, lol. He's so outgoing and cute here, and different compared to his character in Akai Ito, where he was shy and quiet.

And I guess I can see the parallel between Nanami and Riko. Riko wants to take things slow with Kawasaki, while Nanami wants to go faster with her relationship with Naoki, which will probably end in ruins.
haha.. ^5! i like Shunji too. haha.. he is funny and cute in the drama. and i like how he is in the team, not one of those "dying to show off themselve" kinda player.

i like Mai too.. Kanjiya Shiori is so different here compared to her in Love Shuffle. I really hated her in LS. haha.. but in BB, I like her. so perky and kawaii.

Keiko is really pretty i must say.. i enjoy looking at her face. haha.. and i like her straightforward personality

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Aug 2nd, '09, 05:13

Shuji is the bestttttt~ I just finished watching episode 3. kyaaa~
OMG. I think the best part is the beach part where Shuji got buried in the sand and it was in a shape of a woman! HAHAHA! So funny~~ That cheating b*tch, Natsuki. I think she really likes that Yoyogi. not just a fling. or maybe it is just a fling. oh wells.
Poor Naoki. he's gonna know the truth that Natsuki is cheating apparently from the preview.
and I wonder why Riko was so mad. :[ oh dear.
Wonder what's gonna happen next~~ Can't wait. =)

core2quadcore

Post by core2quadcore » Aug 2nd, '09, 16:29

can't wait to watch the yukata episode tomorrow :wub: :wub: :wub:

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Aug 2nd, '09, 18:13

At this point (ep3), I can say that I really like the chemistry and dialogue between Riko and Naoki. Makes you wonder why there're so many platonic relationships out there... :whistling:

Also, need more Komatsu Ayaka! :pray:

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Aug 2nd, '09, 18:24

chokubi wrote:
Also, need more Komatsu Ayaka! :pray:
Me too. The only reason I am watching this is for Keiko and Aya.