[Discussion] Orthrus no Inu (Takizawa Hideaki, Nishikido Ry)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Aug 6th, '09, 14:55

Has anyone notice that: in ep one Ryuzaki said he cant bring the dead back to life, but in ep 2 where the kid in the end has no hearth beat, was bring back to life?
I mean it wasnt shown he regained his heart beat back im confused...

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Aug 6th, '09, 18:30

@Karate-ka:
First off, that sort of thing needs to be put under spoiler tag ^_^;;

Second
In the first ep, the warden was absolutely, unmistakeably dead.
Whereas in second ep, having no heart beat for a few seconds (minutes?) doesn't mean the person's dead yet -proof of that is that with the defibrillator, doctors can often get the heart to beat again. Doesn't mean they bring the dead back to life ^_^
Does that make sense?

hafizadam

Post by hafizadam » Aug 6th, '09, 19:52

I also thought Ryo's character was a bit weak. He's so easily deceived!
I rather say that he's desperate.
being a healer means you can be a killer (by letting someone die)
Aoi was in disadvantages here...

furthermore: their powers seem unbalanced for me; if I describe it using Final Fantasy VIII Magic:
Curaga VS Death

it should be
Curaga VS Demi
or
Life VS Death

XD LOL~

xtraordinarilynaked

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Aug 6th, '09, 20:16

^ haha, nice explanation XD
I also think their powers seem unbalanced.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 7th, '09, 01:38

finished episode 2. Still disappointed with bad acting from supporting casts and the editing. However, I like Takki and the story is interesting enough for me to keep watching. I should start a drinking game where I'll take a shot whenever there is an illogical scene in this drama. That surely will keep it entertaining. My favorite LOL "moment" of this episode was
how can Takki got to those children and healed them without being seen when they were surrounded by parents and nurses?
:mrgreen:

juzdiz

Post by juzdiz » Aug 7th, '09, 03:43

nnnc wrote:finished episode 2. Still disappointed with bad acting from supporting casts and the editing. However, I like Takki and the story is interesting enough for me to keep watching. I should start a drinking game where I'll take a shot whenever there is an illogical scene in this drama. That surely will keep it entertaining.
Agreed. The concept is promising enough but there is something definitely wrong with the pacing. And I have to say I could really do without Hasebe. I mean this character is all kinds of STUPID esp. for a cop(!) no less. Plus her acting and timing's really bad.

In defense of Nishikida Ryo's character being "weak" as someone mentioned, I believe he was just desperate to save an innocent child who was dying in front of his eyes. The power to do so was literally in his hands, with a cost, of course. But is it right to play God with people's lives? To weigh their value according to one's judgement? It is this moral dilemma that keeps the story interesting-the kind of principles debated over in DeathNote.

Thanks to the subbers as always-Querbeet and Nya! :salut:
Last edited by juzdiz on Aug 7th, '09, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.

hafizadam

Post by hafizadam » Aug 7th, '09, 07:24

It is this moral dilemma that keeps the story interesting-the kind of principles debated over in DeathNote.
the only difference is that Kira still considered a killer although he's using some kind of power.
XD

juzdiz

Post by juzdiz » Aug 7th, '09, 07:52

hafizadam wrote:
It is this moral dilemma that keeps the story interesting-the kind of principles debated over in DeathNote.
the only difference is that Kira still considered a killer although he's using some kind of power.
XD
But that's what Kira is. And in this case, so is Aoi. For all intents and purposes, the intention might be noble, but they are not omniscient so they will never know what a supposed evil person might turn out to be in the future. This voids them (or anyone) of any right to decide who is to live and who is to die outside of law. To elaborate, who is to know if that innocent boy he saved will turn out to be a serial killer when he grows up or if that stoned driver will turn over a new leaf and help other people? Or if not, how are they to know what changes must occur in the lives of people related to them as a result of one living or dying? Only God knows those purposes. That's my standpoint anyway. And again, that's what makes this kind of drama interesting for me.

But I'm thinking, Aoi could be played better by another actor (sorry Ryo fans)

Cheers.

OnigiriFB

Post by OnigiriFB » Aug 10th, '09, 03:34

Ok I finally watched the first episode and I'm agreeing with that has been said earlier. I have a soft spot for Takky since he was in my very first drama I watched (Majo no Jouken) but I'm not so sure about his acting here. Ryo is ok but I've never been a fan of his acting or him in general I guess so kinda blah. I kind of like the HSJ kid ( I never remember who is who in that group except Chinen and Yamada). The chick doesn't bother me. I think the plot is interesting but whoever is writing this kind of sucks imo. There's just too many plot holes and "must suspend any brain activity" moments for me. Is it the writer? The director? The acting? I don't know I just don't think, at least from this first episode, it's being done very well. Somethings is off. It's supposed to like a "western" style drama but I think it wouldn't have made it here in the States. I'm d/l'ing epi 2 to see if it gets any better but I know I'm no longer dying to see this drama like I was when it was announced.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 10th, '09, 23:30

OH MY GOD,
Nagisa Hasebe (Mizukawa Asami's character) getting SOOOO much on my nerves. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
I just can't see the importance of her character in this drama. was she written for her great fighting/arresting criminals skills? because i yet to see when she actually does not get attacked by someone and can really defend herself.
for her detective work? because she is as clever as fish when it comes to talking to a suspect, giving him a full details of the witness's where abouts and what the witness can do.
and could someone tell me, why on earth no one suspecting her when she took Aoi sensie alone to meet Ryuzaki?
not to mention, Asami's acting gets worst by each ep. even her angry scenes looks so fake.
Takky has gone better in portraying his character. Ryo is the same, like his presence has no effect on the whole drama and you don't really notice his presence even in hius scenes. but the worst one so far is Asami/Nagisa :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
ok, now that i got this out of my chest, i go back to fnish ep3. :P

nell123

Post by nell123 » Aug 11th, '09, 14:38

@ Issy:

Well, it is a jdrama, isn’t it? Women in dramas usually aren’t represented as intelligent and capable beings. And even if they are, something else is wrong with them. They are either emotionally unstable or social outcasts for some reason.
The detective is not that bad. At least, she doesn’t whine or act super cute.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 11th, '09, 22:26

nell123 wrote:@ Issy:

Well, it is a jdrama, isn’t it? Women in dramas usually aren’t represented as intelligent and capable beings. And even if they are, something else is wrong with them. They are either emotionally unstable or social outcasts for some reason.
The detective is not that bad. At least, she doesn’t whine or act super cute.
SO TRUE. when they represented with all above great qualities, they have to lack their feminine side and behave like men. :crazy:
I guess, no one is perfect.

vis

Post by vis » Aug 12th, '09, 07:45

I have to agree about Mizukawa Asami's Nagisa Hasebe being the worst... she's totally annoying the heck out of me (just like I feared she would). I think both Takki and Ryo are doing a good job here, but I really could do without Hasebe. First of all, she doesn't seem to even regret bringing about the disaster that came from taking Aoi to Ryuzaki. And then in episode 2, she goes babbling about how that the poor comatose high school girl knows the truth about the young drug dealer guy and that if she wakes up she'd testify and doom him to jail (way to go to endanger a possible witness who's totally vulnerable due to her current state). AND thanks to Hasebe's indifferent attitude she gives up Aoi's secret to anyone who wants to listen instead of being professional about it (talking about the end of episode 2 were she off-handedly told the "doctor" about Aoi and causing that creepy Sawamura guy to put tabs on him).

Though, putting the character aside I really think that Mizukawa Asami can't act... so I think she's partly at fault for that. Gah, she's so stony! If it'd been another actress the character itself might have ended up being less annoying...

Someone mentioned in an earlier post how illogical it was for Aoi not to get arrested for killing that prisoner warden in the first episode, but they DID investigate him in the beginning of episode 2. Hasebe is the only one who knows that Aoi can kill with his bare hands, but there's no way to actually prove it, so I think it's perfectly logical that he wasn't arrested (just like when he turned himself in for killing that Shuu guy).

About Ryuzaki reviving the boy... I know what he said in the previous episode about not being able to bring back dead ppl and I think he might have been lying then? I mean he didn't even try to "heal" the prison warden, he extended his hand and withdrew before touching all the while making that statement. Personally I don't think Ryuzaki wanted to revive him... so my theory is that Ryuzaki can heal ppl if they haven't "died" for too long. Hmm, in episode 3 they only said that one of the children were in critical condition they never said he died.. dunno.

Even so, this is the most interesting jdrama I've watched in a very long time so I'll definitely be following it to the end (just less focus on Mizukawa Asami's Hasebe please!)

btw,
Looks like Aoi has a connection to Ryokoku where Ryuzaki came from... also they both have the same good luck charm! I'm pretty sure they are related somehow and that Ryosuke was adopted into the Aoi household... what if they are twins (probably farfetched) or brothers?
Well, that's all I have to say for now!
Last edited by vis on Aug 12th, '09, 09:44, edited 2 times in total.

mowgwie

Post by mowgwie » Aug 12th, '09, 09:32

Are you all watching the same drama I'm watching? I've watched the first three episodes and can't wait for the rest. I really like it. And I think Takki and Ryo are much better than Ohno was in Maou - that boy can't act at all!

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 12th, '09, 11:36

mowgwie wrote:Are you all watching the same drama I'm watching? I've watched the first three episodes and can't wait for the rest. I really like it. And I think Takki and Ryo are much better than Ohno was in Maou - that boy can't act at all!
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: I guess not.
I really don't know how you are comparing Maou with orthrus...there is no way that Ryo is acting much better than Ohno in Maou. unless if you call staring all the time and looking puzzled acting. I was not ohno fan but became one of them after i saw his great performance in there. on top of that, all other characters in Maou, knew how to portrait their characters and they were quiet believeable.

back to topic
@VIS, come to think of it, i also have not see any Asami's perfomance that was very special and different and memorable. i do second you in that she can't act.
and i also think that Ryuzaki and Aoi may be brothers. one got adopted and was left in orphenage.
and i think that Ryuzaki can heal himself too and only lied about it. just in case if they want to betray him. because there was no scar on his hand after that cut.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Aug 12th, '09, 12:05

mowgwie wrote:Are you all watching the same drama I'm watching? I've watched the first three episodes and can't wait for the rest. I really like it. And I think Takki and Ryo are much better than Ohno was in Maou - that boy can't act at all!
You must be joking right?
The acting awards that "boy" won:
TV Navi Drama of The Year 2008 - Best Actor for Maou
12th Nikkan Sports Annual Drama Grand Prix - Best Actor for Maou
18th TV LIFE Annual Drama Awards (2008) - Best Actor for Maou

Yep. Totally can't act. That's all annual popularity awards that he won. He is so popular he even won over Ninomiya who is a better actor. Surely the "boy" only relied on his popularity. Can't act at all! xD

I'm watching Inu to ogle at Takki. Expected too much from Ryo. Quite disappointed with his performance in this.
Like everybody else, I've only realised Asami cannot act because of this drama. Too bad. I quite like her too.

nell123

Post by nell123 » Aug 12th, '09, 12:31

vis wrote: Someone mentioned in an earlier post how illogical it was for Aoi not to get arrested for killing that prisoner warden in the first episode, but they DID investigate him in the beginning of episode 2. Hasebe is the only one who knows that Aoi can kill with his bare hands, but there's no way to actually prove it, so I think it's perfectly logical that he wasn't arrested (just like when he turned himself in for killing that Shuu guy).
Ok, I agree about the murders. It is hard to prove that Aoi killed those people with his bare hands but he should be arrested for helping Ryuzaki escape from prison. That shouldn't be hard to prove at all.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 12th, '09, 14:09

Just finished watching episode 3. I agree with everyone regarding Hasebe. She is annoying and I don't understand how can she still keeps her job as a cop. For her mistakes and stupidities shown in all three episodes, she shouldn't just get suspended or fired. She should even be arrested for obstruction. Asami's acting doesn't help. I think she did ok for the first episode but her acting just went downhill from there. (same as Ryo's constant confused face)

And I don't get why that spoiled kid wants to kill the girl.
The girl didn't see anything. She just heard them talked about their crime and she fall from the stair by herself.
They didn't even touch her when she fall. He should be more worried with Hasebe since she saw him in the drug party and he attempted to kill her, a cop in duty, TWICE :cussing:
And then he stabbed the girl's mom, in front of the girl, Aoi, and a nurse. That was an attempted murder and the cop doesn't need the girl to get him now. But he still said he's going to come back and kill the girl.....WHY?? :scratch:
I think Takky is doing fine acting as Ryuzaki (or maybe I'm bias because he's so nice to look at). But it's getting ridiculous that he can appear out of no where and disappear in front of anyone just like that without being seen. It was cheesy but cool enough the first or second time he did it. But it happened far too many times. Aoi must be really slow. He always sit or stand right next to Ryuzaki when it happened but he never notices until Ryuzaki is no where to be found.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Aug 12th, '09, 15:48

brokenparadise wrote: Like everybody else, I've only realised Asami cannot act because of this drama. Too bad. I quite like her too.
Well, I think she's an ok actress.... just this isn't her best drama. She did really well in Nodame, and I'm watching the Ganesha drama she's in and she's doing good too. Her character just sucks... and she's probably portraying the character worse than what she is too. So... this just isn't something she should put in her portfolio ^_^UUUU

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 12th, '09, 16:44

«minah» wrote:
brokenparadise wrote: Like everybody else, I've only realised Asami cannot act because of this drama. Too bad. I quite like her too.
Well, I think she's an ok actress.... just this isn't her best drama. She did really well in Nodame, and I'm watching the Ganesha drama she's in and she's doing good too. Her character just sucks... and she's probably portraying the character worse than what she is too. So... this just isn't something she should put in her portfolio ^_^UUUU
Asami is definitely one of my favorite actresses, since she's different from most who always play those cutesy and ditzy female characters. I think this show is just really badly written, and probably really badly directed, too. So you can't really just blame the acting.
Anyway, Asami has been really good in every drama I've seen, but all of them have been comedies. Maybe she just isn't fit for more serious roles. I see the same thing for many other actors/actresses' too. :offtopic: I adooooore Ikuta Toma, but he just sucked in Maou. In comedic and light roles he's the bomb!

TaroTard

Post by TaroTard » Aug 12th, '09, 23:30

So I am really enjoying the show so far, I am actually a big Tackey fan but not in acting... however I am really enjoying him in this series and I think he has progressed as the show has gone on, this is the first show I've seen him in that I've wanted to continue with, I really love his character and his hair definitely suits him dark ;)

I'm not a huge Ryo fan but I've seen him in a few dramas that I've enjoyed, loved Attention Please. He hasn't done anything amazing so far, to start with I thought his character was a bit lame, but I suppose it's kinda sweet that he's so innocent and naive considering his power
I have read previous comments and I have to agree with what a couple of people have said I think that there is some connection between the two and that maybe they are brothers, I have been thinking it all along. At first I thought twins because of the title but that wouldn't work as Aoi Sensei is 25 and Ryuzaki was 18, 10 years ago. So brothers I'll go with... but we'll see...
Also isn't Ryuzaki's relationship with Hasebe a bit strange? He keeps stalking her out when she keeps trying to turn him in, now she's going to HIM for help it should be interesting.
And Ryuzaki's relationship with that cop... the one who keeps running away... I was curious after they first met when Ryuzaki broke out and he said "don't worry I haven't told anyone what you did! or something like that O.O
And I'm curious about the whole murder 10 years ago... it all seems a bit weird... I have theories but I'll wait a bit longer I think in case I sound silly XDDDD
But yeah so far Hasebe's acting hasn't been amazing, it's not the worst I've seen but it could be better. It may well be to do with directing and what she's been given, but saying that I am really enjoying it so I am able to overlook it ^^

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Aug 12th, '09, 23:34

There's something about this drama that's off to me but I can't really say for sure what it is. :scratch: But it's certainly not that bad. I think the acting is fine and the plot is interesting. What really annoys me though is:
Ryuzaki's character. And how each time whenever we want him to heal people (i.e. Hasebe, Kana), he is about to, and then goes "nevermind" at the last minute. It ticks me off. But I guess this is what you'd call suspense? I just don't like his character where he has this healing power that he can use and he chooses to have something be paid in exchange for his power. That's just me though. :whistling:

mowgwie

Orthos

Post by mowgwie » Aug 12th, '09, 23:46

Issy wrote:
I really don't know how you are comparing Maou with orthrus

If you look earlier in the thread several people have already made the comparison, so I was responding to that.

brokenparadise wrote:
You must be joking right?
The acting awards that "boy" won:
TV Navi Drama of The Year 2008 - Best Actor for Maou
12th Nikkan Sports Annual Drama Grand Prix - Best Actor for Maou
18th TV LIFE Annual Drama Awards (2008) - Best Actor for Maou

Yep. Totally can't act. That's all annual popularity awards that he won. He is so popular he even won over Ninomiya who is a better actor. Surely the "boy" only relied on his popularity.

I think you've proved disproved your own point. If he "even won over Ninomiya who is a better actor", then he must have won on popularity, rather than acting ability, since you have said yourself that Ninomiya is a better actor (I totally agree with that!). I really do think all of those TV magazine awards are awarded on popular vote. They aren't awarded by actors judging other actors based on their performance, they're awarded by a popular vote.

Sorry if calling him a "boy"offended you. From the perspective of my age, he's a boy. :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 12th, '09, 23:56

about Hasebe x Ryuzaki relation
i think they are trying to imply that there is some sort of love is /or going to happen between this two. it's badly written/directed but i think we will see more of this "weird moments" in later eps.
as Ryuzaki said about what he truly wants. money/fame/power but he laughed it out by saying maybe Love where i think he really meant it.
plus, it's an old movie/drama trick to show characters hating/disliking/fighting eachother with so mauch passion and you see them are together at the end.
and about that spoiled kid,
YES, i just can't believe that with all those evidences to sentence him to death, they still can't arrest him. this story is full of loopholes. not very cleverly written.
as for masami, i liked her in other dramas. as it's being said, she is an OK actress but she is not doing her best in this role. be it bad directing, bad storyline... as a good actress she should be able to get us believe her character.

i find her acting best in supporting roles and not as a lead. and maybe, she is not her best in these types of dramas and better stick to comedy. i remembered watching her in Oishi Gohan few weeks ago and i really liked her there.

totally :offtopic: so i use spoiler tag
@mowgwie
I think the reason behind calling Ninomiya a "better actor" is because he has much more drama/movie appearances under his belt than Ohno. Maou is Ohno's first drama. everyone know nino is very good actor because they seen him in so many dramas and now they know that Ohno is great actor too because they saw him in Maou. :cheers:

brokenparadise

Re: Orthos

Post by brokenparadise » Aug 13th, '09, 01:16

mowgwie wrote:
me wrote:Yep. Totally can't act. That's all annual popularity awards that he won. He is so popular he even won over Ninomiya who is a better actor. Surely the "boy" only relied on his popularity.

I think you've proved disproved your own point. If he "even won over Ninomiya who is a better actor", then he must have won on popularity, rather than acting ability, since you have said yourself that Ninomiya is a better actor (I totally agree with that!). I really do think all of those TV magazine awards are awarded on popular vote. They aren't awarded by actors judging other actors based on their performance, they're awarded by a popular vote.

Sorry if calling him a "boy"offended you. From the perspective of my age, he's a boy. :D
I was being sarcastic with my comparison with Ninomiya. The truth is Ninomiya, Takuya Kimura and the other leads he was competing against is way more popular than Ohno Satoshi. Its kind of amazing that he won not only 1 but 3 ANNUAL drama awards. His acting does have its merits afterall...
3 Annual drama best actor awards voted by thousands of viewers says a lot. You can't really say it was solely based by his popularity since he did score a hat-trick. Forgive me for my foggy sarcasm.

I was not offended at you calling him the "boy". I was rather amused :) He is almost 30yrs old XD
Ryo and Takki's acting better than Ohno. Yeah right...

I like to go off topic do I ? :lol:
Won't give up hope for Asami then but I don't think I'll continue to watch this show :/

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 13th, '09, 04:13

About Hasebe x Ryuzaki
Please the writer, don't make them fall in love with each other. They have no chemistry whatsoever. Ryuzaki has more chemisty with her daughter and even with that spoiled kid

About the awards, so I will also use spoiler tag since it's obviously off-topic.
To be honest, I don't give much credit to these three awards since they're based on voting, and some of these awards were Internet poll that fangirls can vote over and over and over. I've seen a lot of rallying and voting instruction in many of english fan boards and live journals. Some of these fangirls didn't even finish watching the drama (without sub) and most of them didn't even once see other actors in their dramas. So I personally feel that these magazine awards can simply show who is the most popular idol with the most intense fangirls at the moment but they didn't say much in term of acting skills. Kamenashi Kazuya and Kami no Shizuku also won Nikkan Sports award for the season, not to mention Yukan Club :D

In my opinion, last year there were other actors whose acting skills are much better and more deserving of the awards than Ohno - Kimura from Change, Katori Shingo from Bara no nai hanaya, Sato Ryuta from Rookies, Takenouchi Yutaka from Tomorrow, and Ninomiya from Ryusei.

The award that based more on the actual acting skill than the intense fangirl is the Television Drama Academy Award because the awards were given based on Jury vote (those who really works in the field), audience poll, and reporters' choice.
However, I think Ohno's acting in Maou are better and more believable than Takky and Ryo so far. He made me sympathize with Naruse even though there were some illogical moments in that drama as well (ok, a lot less than in Orthors).

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Aug 13th, '09, 04:25

Speaking of chemistry, I don't feel any chemistry between Hasebe and her husband. Their pairing is just very odd. :crazy:

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Aug 13th, '09, 04:55

nnnc wrote: About the awards, so I will also use spoiler tag since it's obviously off-topic.
To be honest, I don't give much credit to these three awards since they're based on voting, and some of these awards were Internet poll that fangirls can vote over and over and over. I've seen a lot of rallying and voting instruction in many of english fan boards and live journals. Some of these fangirls didn't even finish watching the drama (without sub) and most of them didn't even once see other actors in their dramas. So I personally feel that these magazine awards can simply show who is the most popular idol with the most intense fangirls at the moment but they didn't say much in term of acting skills. Kamenashi Kazuya and Kami no Shizuku also won Nikkan Sports award for the season, not to mention Yukan Club :D

In my opinion, last year there were other actors whose acting skills are much better and more deserving of the awards than Ohno - Kimura from Change, Katori Shingo from Bara no nai hanaya, Sato Ryuta from Rookies, Takenouchi Yutaka from Tomorrow, and Ninomiya from Ryusei.

The award that based more on the actual acting skill than the intense fangirl is the Television Drama Academy Award because the awards were given based on Jury vote (those who really works in the field), audience poll, and reporters' choice.
However, I think Ohno's acting in Maou are better and more believable than Takky and Ryo so far. He made me sympathize with Naruse even though there were some illogical moments in that drama as well (ok, a lot less than in Orthors).
:offtopic: but this is interesting so..
Yes I do agree Ohno is not that skilled as an actor like Sato Ryuta, Shingo, Kimura and Ninomiya but he was very good. He left a deep impression with Maou which made people vote him instead of the other seasoned actors in the whole year. Ohno is not even that popular and Maou was a summer drama. There's a long gap to consider and yet he's still won. I don't give much credit for seasonal popularity awards but I give some credit to the annual ones. Especially if the person won multiple times. Actually there's only one award which is voted by professionals and it's Galaxy Awards. Even The Television Drama Academy Award results are questionable (eg: Nishikido unanimously won best supporting actor for Last Friends) and the award is actually sponsored by a magazine, The Television I think.

thienly

Post by thienly » Aug 13th, '09, 06:49

[quote]and i also think that Ryuzaki and Aoi may be brothers. one got adopted and was left in orphenage.
and i think that Ryuzaki can heal himself too and only lied about it. just in case if they want to betray him. because there was no scar on his hand after that cut.[/quote]

I dont think Ryazaki can heal himself as he said so. But he said it a kind of "doesnt care way" as if he doesnt mind it at all. If you watch again where Ryuzaki and Aoi sitting on the bench, Ryuzaki touches Aoi's hand and healed Aoi's hand ...Ryuzaki's hand there was a little scar there... The wound still there.

nell123

Post by nell123 » Aug 13th, '09, 07:32

About Ryuzaki x Hasebe :
I watched a tv show with Tackey, Asami and Ryo as guests. When Asami was asked if she falls in love with one of the guys on the show she said that there’s no love story at all. Which is good because there is no chemistry between her and any of the guys (even the moments with her boyfriend? look awkward). Of course, that won’t stop them from teasing us. :-)

fseventh

Post by fseventh » Aug 13th, '09, 08:00

Finally I joined this forum after many years, happy enough enjoying dramas discussion here. I just want to say my two cents on this drama. This drama is the most disappointing drama this season. I thought that I will find a great drama for summer, but... I'm so disappointed. This drama is like lack in everything. I wonder if they prepare this drama well or not. Even the supporting actors/actresses were just disappointing me. Can we just get rid of that woman cop, I hope Ryo touched her. Seriously. I thought she supposed to be cop that put justice more than anything, but how can she let go Ryuzaki over and over again?

I love Maou and when I read this drama's summary, I thought... well, this can be as great as Maou. Moreover, I believed in Tackey and Ryo's acting. But... sorry to say that it is nowhere near Maou. Especially Ryo. Even when his character supposed to be determined to find what is behind his power, his eyes didn't show anything. They were just same pitiful eyes. Perhaps pitiful and weak is his character personality, but changing in expression when the character changed his emotion is supposed to not difficult for good actor, right?

Now I just want to continue watch this drama, there is still hope that it can be lead into better direction.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 13th, '09, 14:56

Sakuya wrote:Speaking of chemistry, I don't feel any chemistry between Hasebe and her husband. Their pairing is just very odd. :crazy:
Please don't tell me that guy is Hasebe's Husband? are you sure? i think he is just a friend with some crush on her.

@nel123
Thank god for this news because as it said before Hasebe does have NO chemistry what so ever with either Aoi or Ryuzaki or her friend/husband that always is in here home.

About that scar left on his hand, :scratch: i really did not see any. maybe my mistake

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 13th, '09, 15:35

He may not be able to heal himself as he said or he just doesn't want to heal it. I can see they go with the plot that Ryuzaki doesn't really want his own power or he's self loathing or something like that.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Aug 13th, '09, 20:51

Issy wrote: Please don't tell me that guy is Hasebe's Husband? are you sure? i think he is just a friend with some crush on her.
On the character chart, it says they're lovers. :crazy:

ManweVaire

Post by ManweVaire » Aug 13th, '09, 20:59

after watching only 2 episodes, I can't help but notice that there are no chemistry between the actors.. and after seeing some posts here, I guess I'm not the only one who noticed this..

I don't know, it's like they're too busy acting their characters, they're in their own little bubble which doesn't help in the interaction scenes.. I also noticed it too in their TFP2 guest appearance to promote the drama, the 3 of them really have no chemistry and there's not much enthusiasm to promote... unlike other casts who goes to TFP2, you can tell with them that a bond has already formed, their enthusiasm for the drama and in winning the games.. even Ryo looked like he was enjoying himself more in TFP2 with the cast of Ryusei no Kizuna... but that's just my observation though.. what I'm trying to say is that this kind of chemistry between the cast members really help the story somewhat despite the production being not so good..

overall, it was rather disappointing when the premise at first sounded so promising.. maybe they would build their rapport in time.. I'm still going to continue to watch... well, more like because I already started it...

TaroTard

Post by TaroTard » Aug 13th, '09, 21:33

Sakuya wrote:
Issy wrote: Please don't tell me that guy is Hasebe's Husband? are you sure? i think he is just a friend with some crush on her.
On the character chart, it says they're lovers. :crazy:
I only knew that because I saw the chart... to begin with I was like 'who is this character? what is the point in him?' there is no point... maybe there will be in future eps but at the mo all he provides is the lowest, dullest parts of the ep, everytime the scenes with him come on I groan. They don't come across as lovers at all it's terrible...

I sound really negative haha, I do like the show but I feel strongly about thhis aspect of the show.

nell123

Post by nell123 » Aug 14th, '09, 08:06

TaroTard wrote: I sound really negative haha, I do like the show but I feel strongly about thhis aspect of the show.
True. Good chemistry between the leads is one of the main things that make a good drama. But I think we all have been too negative. The last two pages have been filled with mostly negative comments. This probably put off many people who were curious about the drama but weren’t sure on whether or not to download it. I mean the drama has its flaws but the story is interesting enough to keep you watching. It’s definitely a good distraction from all the silly and funny stuff out there.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 14th, '09, 10:39

the reason why this thread has been full of negative comments is that people's expectations was too high before it started.
very interesting plot and storyline and everyone was very eager to watch. I am curious about the story, that's why i continue watching (also have to admit that Takky helps this drama become more bareable by looking so fine :P )but if my disappointments and frustration became more than i can handle, i will stop watching immediately. it all depends on how the story & characters develops in later eps.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Aug 14th, '09, 10:57

Hmmn, actually I didn't want to add more negative comment for this drama. But, I gave up this drama after watching the first two episode. I was kind of disappointed in this drama.... Maybe, like someone have said earlier, my expectation is too high for this drama. Because, at first, judging from the cast, I thought this will be a great drama (I love all the cast). I was hoping something like MAOU. But, I'm sorry to say that this was nowhere near MAOU... The special effect is 'not clean', the story kind of weird for me... And I also agree with that there's lack of chemistry between the character... I never thought that I will gave up Ryo's drama though... LOL
Well, I hope that this drama can get better in the next episodes...

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Aug 14th, '09, 14:24

Heee... I dun think its a bad drama, no chemistry or what...
Maybe because this dorama too darkie hehehe... so the character become more mysterious
I'm wacthing this drama and being addicted, when i read the synopsis and the cast,
i didnt expect to much, and when i watch this dorama is more than i expected :lol

I think Ryo will be the psychopat one with devil's hand (like what he does at "Last Friend" like abuse his GF or what else, killing people like crazy for example) but the story turns good with Ryo's who have the psychopat's faces with the white heart (his pitiful face beacuse he's suffer & regret after killing people)hehe :lol
And Ryuzaki who had the God's hand but being the dark one :P
Maybe if Ryuzaki can heal himself then it's too perfect XD, another movie about healer also like that, the healer cannot heal themself i dunno why, but maybe it;s better if he can revive LOL :w00t:

I think if the two of them become ally, then there's no one can stop them :cheers:
I will definitely watch this dorama!! even I watch it from TBS without anysubs 8)
Watch the episode 4 without anysubs, but something like Ryuzaki heal the Sakaki and Sakaki help him to clear his name, he's being famous lol, because he's kakkoi XD

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 14th, '09, 14:37

Finally we got a twist in the end of eps 4.. I didn't expect it, but it somehow explains the former policer's behavior..
He was the one who murdered those 3 people in the past, not Ryuuzaki. But he didn't do anything to stop the last either..
Except the first scene between Ryuuzaki & Hasebe which I found ridiculous (badly written) I think the editing is getting better. well certain camera angles still look weird..
and the whole thing with Sawamura creeps me out. I mean, setting hidden cameras in his apartment? :crazy: But now he has got 'proofs' of the two men's powers, I wonder what he'll do, or rather what he's planning.
I admit I have expected it to be sthing like MAOU, but I gave that idea up after like, eps 1?.. Though it does get a little bit better in later eps..

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Aug 14th, '09, 22:12

Lots of people keep saying they hoped it to be like "Maou." Yeah, it has that atmosphere, but people shouldn't have the expectations that it should be like it, It's two different shows... which is also why people have negative comments. High expectations, and expecting it to be like Maou. And yah... um.... Asami and Oshinari do NOT come off as being lovers. (I don't think I saw them even hug.) I just thought he was some guy who's trying to get with her, but she sees him more as a friend. And I realized... Asami is quite older than I thought... she's like.... 26 (random)

TaroTard

Post by TaroTard » Aug 15th, '09, 10:00

Oooooooh I wanna watch ep 4 <3
I actually did think the relationship between Ryuzaki and that cop was gonna be something like that after Ryuzaki said to him 'I haven't told anyone what you did' in the 2nd ep. Yay I really wanna see it now <3
@ nell123 - I actually really love the show I just hate that guy Hasebe's "lover" so far he's been completely pointless.
But apart from that I'm actually really enjoying it ^^;;; I love fantasy stuff like this, the more unbelievable the better XD and Tackey is looking pretty good in it :P

thienly

Post by thienly » Aug 15th, '09, 14:45

The twist in the end of ep 4 I sort of expected that. Because at the beginning of ep 2 when Ryuzaki got out of jail and went and saw that ex-cop. He said "dont worry I havent told anyone". then I kind of guess that the ex-cop
was the killer not Ryuzaki.
The CIA guy has the prove of Aoi's power but not Ryuzaki's yet has he ? The video only proof that
Ryuzaki was not the killer 10 years ago

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Aug 15th, '09, 20:20

did anyone else lol at this?
Attachments
lolwut.JPG
lolwut.JPG (12.87 KiB) Viewed 3578 times

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 15th, '09, 21:07

«minah» wrote:Lots of people keep saying they hoped it to be like "Maou." Yeah, it has that atmosphere, but people shouldn't have the expectations that it should be like it, It's two different shows... which is also why people have negative comments. High expectations, and expecting it to be like Maou.
well, it's natural to have expectation since there're few aspects that make us think of Maou. It happens to all kind of dramas actually. And I disagree to that to be the reason for the negative comments. As said I gave up that idea Oni resembles to Maou after ep 1, so my comments later only base on the drama itself. Even without comparing to anything, with the promises given before it started 'speedy, dark mystery drama' etc etc, so far I don't feel much of those but rather many holes in the plot, incoherences, illogical scenes, and not to mention the average actings. As much as I love Asami, I admit Hasebe is not her best role. She has proved such a non professionalism as a detective that really annoyed me, argh. For Tackey, I think dark hero role doesn't suit him. Like the scene in the car when he startled the old man, is ridiculous. Plus I don't find Ryuuzaki that charming at all, or even scary eh No comment about Ryo, never been fan of his acting; From the start to the end it's like he has one same expression on his face. and when he smiled it became silly, just as his character duh
Actually I like Hikaru acting. He's new but his villain is quiet convincing ^^
Last edited by Nomanymore on Aug 15th, '09, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

nell123

Post by nell123 » Aug 15th, '09, 23:06

^ Hikaru is not bad at all for a beginner. Actually, if you ignore the slight overacting, so far the performance of the entire team “Ryuzaki” has been very nice. Everyone has a few screws loose and very questionable morality. And they keep getting creepier, especially Sawamura. :crazy:
Too bad that there’s no one among the good guys who can compare to them. Somehow I can’t see justice prevail at the end if we have to rely only on Aoi and Hasebe. :glare:
And there is one thing I don’t understand. Is Ryuzaki devoid of any emotions or Tackey just doesn’t emote well? :scratch: I’ve seen four episodes and not one comprehensible facial expression in them.

thienly

Post by thienly » Aug 15th, '09, 23:33

Ryuzaki is a very cold guy, looking at life very at a different perspective than Aoi, He is not as emotional as Aoi, Takki said so at one of the promotion about his character. That phone above was stolen fr Kana in ep 3

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Aug 16th, '09, 00:29

nell123 wrote: And there is one thing I don’t understand. Is Ryuzaki devoid of any emotions or Tackey just doesn’t emote well? :scratch: I’ve seen four episodes and not one comprehensible facial expression in them.
lol, sociopaths aren't usually overflowing with emotions

nicha89

Post by nicha89 » Aug 18th, '09, 05:21

omg, after watching ep.4 i can't wait for the next ep :wub: . love the cold tackey in the drama (he keeps reminding me of his role in Taiyou no Kisetsu) especially knowing that his personality is very cute in real life.
i'm glad Tackey (Ryuzaki) is actually innocent :P
btw, I'm probably one of those who don't expect it to be like maou. personally, i didn't enjoy maou that much.

docipain

Post by docipain » Aug 23rd, '09, 03:45

If this drama had been a Maou clone right after the second episode, I wouldn't have continued at all because I also stopped Maou after the 4th episode because I seriously can't stand doramas anymore which have this kind of repitition plot in a very annoying way. If it's funny I can bear with it but such things in a serious way make me bored easily.

Spoiler doesn't really include spoilers or plot content but I thought I just wrote too much about nothing XD
Back to Orthros, I can't understand all the negative comments either. I am not sure what people were expecting.
2/3 main actors are not even pro-actors. Their main job is something totally different. (Though I wouldn't say they are pro in their actual job either XD)

The only thing which I wanted to compare with Maou before Orthros even started is the theme song. Yes, I hoped it would be such a gloomy opening with a kind of gloomy song and the result is..I love the opening with the theme song. :D

I also have my fun with finding scene mistakes in the story. At least I already found one which amused me.

And for Hasebe's lover. Even before the dorama started it was announced that he would have this kind of role and not a "Oh I am so in love with my girlfriend <3"

Talking about the chemistry between the actors. In the end it's not their fault anyway. I mean if I was the producer, what should I do? Should I only choose people from whom I know that they are already gettng along well? Difficult..think it's also a personality issue.
Don't see a problem with it if something new is tried out.
But okay maybe I am not a person who could recognize such things like chemisty because somehow I rather concentrate on the plot and how the actors try to convey their words. (which is sometimes really amusing when it totally sounds fake XD But I like such stuff since it makes me notice that everything fictional I see is really a fiction.)

Honestly, so far I like the dorama and I am looking forward to the next episode every week. Might be not this kind of speedy dorama like they promoted it, but somehow it makes it more exciting, at least for me.
I like to find out how it will end and also I like to observe how a certain person tries to give his best with this dorama. XD

Tze...wrote more about general things than about Orthros lol..I fail.. :lol

In the end I like to read discussions about negative things. But personally if disliking a certain dorama gets too much for me I would stop watching it asap and wouldn't even end up describing what I don't like because for me it would be a waste of time. XD
Okay finished :salut:

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 23rd, '09, 08:12

I like watching this drama but in a weird way. I adore Takky and I'm having a good time just watching him playing Ryuzaki. His acting is getting better in later episodes. I also have fun spotting cliche moments in this drama -- sudden appearance/disappearance of Ryuzaki, dramatic pauses before he heals people, Ryuzaki's ambiguous/mysterious speech. Basically, Ryuzaki is what makes me continue watching this drama and I'm curious to see how the story will develop.

Still, the pacing in this drama is a bit off. As I said earlier, it's too slow in parts and in some other parts it could benefit more with longer scenes. The acting of all actors except Takky and Sasaki Kuranosuke ranges from average to bad. I'm most disappointed in Ryo and Asami. They gave better performance in their previous dramas, but both of them have only two facial expressions at most in Orthros. The stupidity of their characters only makes things worse for them. The supporting actors also did worse, especially that politician and the lady doctor. I think I should blame it on the director because I've seen these actors doing better before. Shugo, who plays Hasebe's lover, appeared in one episode of Ninkyo Helper and he did a lot better than in this drama.

I also didn't expect this to be like Maou. My expectation for this drama was solely because it's Takky's drama after a long time. I enjoyed Maou but I think it's way overrated.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Aug 25th, '09, 01:18

Yay! I just saw eppy 5 (thank you Querbeet!) That H!S!J! (I just know he's in that group... I dunno his name lol) isn't dead (my opinion) I bet they're gonna replay that scene again in a future episode and will show a close up of Ryo probably whispering to him to swim. That boy has been in this series for too long for him to just die like that. (I was wondering why he was kept for so long...lol So he can be with his other JE brothers ^_^) But yah, I don't think he's dead. And I think Ryo and Tackey are brothers are really weirdly related (I think someone mentioned this before?) if what the ex-cop said is true if Ryo's mom passed out the way she did and stuff. I think this episode was really good. We get to know the characters better (Like Tackey isn't as bad as the first few episodes led on and I had that feeling it was gonna happen)

Ah! Actually, I thought/still think that Ryo is gonna turn evil while Tackey turns good at the end of the series, because the synopsis stressed so much how one has the power of healing, but is evil and the other has the power of death but is nice. And just for the directors to spice things up, they'll make the characters the complete opposite by the end of the series than what they originally were.

And Shugo... geez... EVERY media I see him in (I guess minus the Kumi PV but I didnt know that was him until like... a month ago lol) I NEVER liked his characters! But he seems like a nice person IRL. But the characters I see him play.....maaan
I think everyone who gave up/about to give up on this series must watch eppy 6 .... <b>eppy 5!! </b> Not 6 lo>__<!!!! I think this is the life saver!
Last edited by «minah» on Aug 25th, '09, 04:40, edited 1 time in total.

JenDaArc

Post by JenDaArc » Aug 25th, '09, 04:29

«minah» wrote:
Yay! I just saw eppy 6 (thank you Querbeet!) That H!S!J! (I just know he's in that group... I dunno his name lol) isn't dead (my opinion) I bet they're gonna replay that scene again in a future episode and will show a close up of Ryo probably whispering to him to swim. That boy has been in this series for too long for him to just die like that. (I was wondering why he was kept for so long...lol So he can be with his other JE brothers ^_^) But yah, I don't think he's dead. And I think Ryo and Tackey are brothers are really weirdly related (I think someone mentioned this before?) if what the ex-cop said is true if Ryo's mom passed out the way she did and stuff. I think this episode was really good. We get to know the characters better (Like Tackey isn't as bad as the first few episodes led on and I had that feeling it was gonna happen)

Ah! Actually, I thought/still think that Ryo is gonna turn evil while Tackey turns good at the end of the series, because the synopsis stressed so much how one has the power of healing, but is evil and the other has the power of death but is nice. And just for the directors to spice things up, they'll make the characters the complete opposite by the end of the series than what they originally were.

And Shugo... geez... EVERY media I see him in (I guess minus the Kumi PV but I didnt know that was him until like... a month ago lol) I NEVER liked his characters! But he seems like a nice person IRL. But the characters I see him play.....maaan
I think everyone who gave up/about to give up on this series must watch eppy 6 >__<!!!! I think this is the life saver!
I thought episode 6 has not been aired yet..how do you know all that?I didn't see it in the preview..

Anyways, I really hope to see more of Ryuzaki and Nagisa scenes..they look so nice together and I'm really addicted to this drama regardless of the negative comments I've read.

I think its a good watch..if you don't think too much it'll be very enjoyable!

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Aug 25th, '09, 04:39

WHOOOOOPS! Typooooooooo lol!!! *fixes* I think my glasses are failin' on me... hehehe... I feel like a dooooRk

JenDaArc

Post by JenDaArc » Aug 25th, '09, 04:43

«minah» wrote:WHOOOOOPS! Typooooooooo lol!!! *fixes* I think my glasses are failin' on me... hehehe... I feel like a dooooRk
hahaha..that's ok. now it makes sense!! whatever it is, the story's getting real good and I can sense that some serious action in the future episodes especially that involves Aoi

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 25th, '09, 05:29

I heard there're more than one director for this drama, maybe that explains? well dunno , not gonna check on it :p
But ep5 is probably my fav. The editing, BGM, dialogues, like it flows more smoothly. Or maybe I'm just pleased that Ryuuzaki has shown hints that his character has some depth ^^,, I think something happened in the past, it could be related to Aoi, maybe they've known each other, then some kind of 'accident' occurred to them. Perhaps Ryuuzaki did some 'selfish' thing to Aoi that made the last become like nowadays. I mean, they must have some sort of connection. The prod wouldn't show too much of the talisman thingie that both possess..
On other hand, Aoi character is still kind of blah to me. It seems he can't think by himself, always influenced by everyone who tries to talk to him, thus he's just being used in the end. Me either, I don't think Hikaru died... But, I already like the idea their roles reverse in the end. It's predictable & cliché but at this point I think OnI can't go other way, can it?.
Last edited by Nomanymore on Aug 25th, '09, 05:53, edited 2 times in total.

Daylight

Post by Daylight » Aug 25th, '09, 05:52

Just watched episode 5, and
oh God Hikaru can't be dead or
I will kill Nishikido myself.
Anyway, I can't believe he is actually dead, being a semi main character and having such an odd death.
The pace is really picking up, though, as they promised

TaroTard

Post by TaroTard » Aug 25th, '09, 16:29

Just watched episode 5... ooooh I loved it so ok think I'll put this in spoiler boxes...

Kumakiri :
I don't think he's dead, I'd say I'm 100% sure he's not dead, I have a feeling it was Aoi's plan for that to happen... just the look he had when Kumakiri fell over the edge... seemed like it was planned
Ryuzaki:
I've always been a Ryuzaki fan, this episode was so good for him, healing the singer and kissing Hasebe... I wonder when she'll finally let him heal Mio ^^;;;; she's always so agressive to him... I'd have let him heal my kid already ^^;

Seems like the cause of Ryukoku flooding is related to the people there knowing about Ryuzaki's powers? Just was made to seem like that from the flash back...
Masato:
Oh my gosh this guy is a douche!!!!!! Can't believe he would have killed Hasebe to see more of Ryuzaki's powers >><< I love that he got owned by Ryuzaki for that <3 brilliant!
Even though Masato is just terrible, I am actually happy... so far his character has been completely pointless and boring in the show, it was good to actually see his role go somewhere... Hasebe should definitely finish with this guy though, hopefully she'll realise what kind of person he is soon ¬¬
Ok I think that's it... can't wait until the next ep ^0^

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 25th, '09, 16:53

«minah» wrote:
Yay! I just saw eppy 5 (thank you Querbeet!) That H!S!J! (I just know he's in that group... I dunno his name lol) isn't dead (my opinion) I bet they're gonna replay that scene again in a future episode and will show a close up of Ryo probably whispering to him to swim. That boy has been in this series for too long for him to just die like that. (I was wondering why he was kept for so long...lol So he can be with his other JE brothers ^_^) But yah, I don't think he's dead. And I think Ryo and Tackey are brothers are really weirdly related (I think someone mentioned this before?) if what the ex-cop said is true if Ryo's mom passed out the way she did and stuff. I think this episode was really good. We get to know the characters better (Like Tackey isn't as bad as the first few episodes led on and I had that feeling it was gonna happen)

I think everyone who gave up/about to give up on this series must watch eppy 6 .... <b>eppy 5!! </b> Not 6 lo>__<!!!! I think this is the life saver!
I still have not given up yet. :P I am just too curious about the story to give up. not to mention that i still want to see Takky. :wub:
when it was found out that Takky is not the killer by end of ep4, i was kind of very happy to continue watching.

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Aug 25th, '09, 17:18

in every drama or film i've seen oshinari shugo in, he's always a douche. he just has that look about him. like, his face. it screams "i'm a douche".

Daylight

Post by Daylight » Aug 25th, '09, 17:37

ainhoa wrote:in every drama or film i've seen oshinari shugo in, he's always a douche. he just has that look about him. like, his face. it screams "i'm a douche".
Ah, so that's what it is. I always notice him for a reason, and that's why I guess. Except I felt sort of bad for him in Maou, but yeah

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 25th, '09, 18:02

Nomanymore wrote:I heard there're more than one director for this drama, maybe that explains? well dunno , not gonna check on it :p
But ep5 is probably my fav. The editing, BGM, dialogues, like it flows more smoothly. Or maybe I'm just pleased that Ryuuzaki has shown hints that his character has some depth ^^,, I think something happened in the past, it could be related to Aoi, maybe they've known each other, then some kind of 'accident' occurred to them. Perhaps Ryuuzaki did some 'selfish' thing to Aoi that made the last become like nowadays. I mean, they must have some sort of connection. The prod wouldn't show too much of the talisman thingie that both possess..
On other hand, Aoi character is still kind of blah to me. It seems he can't think by himself, always influenced by everyone who tries to talk to him, thus he's just being used in the end. Me either, I don't think Hikaru died... But, I already like the idea their roles reverse in the end. It's predictable & cliché but at this point I think OnI can't go other way, can it?.
I totally agree. it felt like i am watching a different drama all together. everything was different in this ep. even actors acting is much better. story lines/suspence...and everything is has improved ten folds.

I too LOVE Ryuzaki the most. i really felt for his in this ep.
there is no doubt to me that he likes Hasebe. i know that it won't any love story in this drama, but i wish it was. I can't say i want it so badly because of lack of chemistry (intentionally or unintntionally) between Hasebe and Ryuzaki. i think it would have made the story more interesting. but i think is too late now that we reached ep5.

i also think that CIA guy is suffering from some sort of untreatable disease but i am confused why he is on Aoi side and not Ryuzaki if he wanted to be treated.
till now ep5 is by far the best eps of this drama. now i am looking forward for next ep. :P

nell123

Post by nell123 » Aug 25th, '09, 20:58

Issy wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:I heard there're more than one director for this drama, maybe that explains? well dunno , not gonna check on it :p
I totally agree. it felt like i am watching a different drama all together. everything was different in this ep. even actors acting is much better. story lines/suspence...and everything is has improved ten folds.

there is no doubt to me that he likes Hasebe. i know that it won't any love story in this drama, but i wish it was. I can't say i want it so badly because of lack of chemistry (intentionally or unintntionally) between Hasebe and Ryuzaki. i think it would have made the story more interesting. but i think is too late now that we reached ep5.

i also think that CIA guy is suffering from some sort of untreatable disease but i am confused why he is on Aoi side and not Ryuzaki if he wanted to be treated.
till now ep5 is by far the best eps of this drama. now i am looking forward for next ep. :P
Amen to that.

The production team has finally woken up. I can’t believe it took them so long to get this far. :glare:

TaroTard

Post by TaroTard » Aug 25th, '09, 21:27

Issy wrote:

Yeah I wish they'd develop the Hasebe/Ryuzaki thing too, it would be cool and definitely interesting. I thought Ryuzaki liked her from the start as I thought it was a bit weird he kept seeking her out, but like you said the lack of chemistry doesn't help... maybe they'll have some fun with it at least
Also agree, best ep so far everything was a lot smoother and deeper, I felt Ryuzaki's character was thickened out a lot in this ep, got to see much more of him, which I'm liking XD

starlight116

Post by starlight116 » Aug 25th, '09, 22:05

Issy wrote:

I agree with you about cia guy but i think that he want to died and he is connect with both guy and he want a peaceful death not a painful one so that why is aoi side.

LissyLamoire

Post by LissyLamoire » Aug 25th, '09, 22:08

Allright! That was the episode we needed. Now I'm very curious about the rest of the eps that will follow!

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Aug 25th, '09, 22:20

I agree. Episode 5 was the best so far. Since episode 1 was kind of disappointing... T_T
I'm glad I kept watching... ^0^ Now I'm completely addicted~~ *___* :wub:

Jory09

Post by Jory09 » Aug 26th, '09, 00:19

Hello ..^_^

now I am watching the drama, I was expecting to
be the best, Because the first episodes were a bit boring, but
last Episode was the best,
I am looking For the next Episode :heart:
bout 5 Episode Ratings 7.4% it is bad!!

I hope to rise.. :-(

Jhobbit

Post by Jhobbit » Aug 26th, '09, 02:24

I like the episodes so far. I have to say that I agree with the people who don't particularly like Hasebe. Somehow, I also feel she is more suitable in supporting roles. I find her irritating when she plays the lead. I think it is a good question to ask yourself "What would you do if you had the power over life or death?" What an interesting question.

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Aug 26th, '09, 03:15

i heart hasebe. she doesn't annoy me like most female jdrama leads tend to do.

yukino2002

Post by yukino2002 » Aug 26th, '09, 19:39

Does anyone that has seen this series recommend it? The ratings weren't so great, but sometimes that doesn't necessarily mean a bad drama.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 26th, '09, 20:01

^ I recommend reading the summary of the first four ep then start with ep5 ^^,,

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 26th, '09, 23:35

I haven't watched ep5 yet. But from all of your comments here make me really want to watch it. I want this drama to be good with all the promises and potentials. Now it seems that I may get what I wish for after all. Will try to find time to watch it asap.

e u p h o r i s t i c

Post by e u p h o r i s t i c » Aug 27th, '09, 00:31

Oh god, episode 5 was epic. <3
I thought Takizawa's kiss with Asami was hot. xDDD Well, cute at least. Not as hot as the ones I've seen though. xD
I'm starting to like this Takizawa x Asami thing, odd - cause I want Ryo x Asami to happen. :lol

AND I THINKKKKK ~~
that Takizawa is Ryo''s BROTHER!
Did you guys notice the lights behind Ryo and Takizawa when they were talking on the roof? >8DDD Behind Ryo was blue, and behind Takizawa was red! XDDD I dunno. Red = devil, blue = angel? XD Random... >w<;

Who else dropped their jaws when Ryo killed Kumakiri? AND OMG TAKIZAWA LOST HIS COOL WITH MASATO!! XDDD Takizawa x Asami, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? xD

EDIT: omg bad ratings? This drama's the best I've seen since THNK! I'm so hooked on this drama!