If MARS was made into a Japanese Drama...

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
jadejoker

If MARS was made into a Japanese Drama...

Post by jadejoker » Jul 12th, '09, 03:15

I'm sure quite a lot of us have seen the Taiwanese adaption of MARS. But what I'd realllyyyy love to see is MARS was made into a Japanese Drama!

If that was to happen who do YOU think would be the perfect choices for:

Kira Aso (Played by Barbie Xu in the TW version)
Rei Kashino (Played by Vic Zhou *swoon* in TW version)

tkah

Post by tkah » Jul 12th, '09, 07:27

Interesting question. If it was 10 years ago, I would say Kimura Takuya as Rei Kashino but he would be too old now. I think Ichihara Hayato would fit the part. For Kira Aso...Maybe Ayase Haruka. I wonder why they never did a Japanese version of Mars to begin with seeing that the TW version was based on the original Japanese Manga.

Akareevex

Post by Akareevex » Jul 13th, '09, 12:59

tkah wrote:Interesting question. If it was 10 years ago, I would say Kimura Takuya as Rei Kashino but he would be too old now. I think Ichihara Hayato would fit the part. For Kira Aso...Maybe Ayase Haruka. I wonder why they never did a Japanese version of Mars to begin with seeing that the TW version was based on the original Japanese Manga.
Oh..Ayase would make a really nice Kira. Maybe Ohgo Suzuka too?

As for Rei...hmm...it'd be a stretch..but maybe Takaki Yuya?

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Jul 13th, '09, 14:23

i completely agree with Ichihara Hayato for Rei, it would be perfect!

but don't like Ayase Haruka acting that much, maybe Eikura Nana, Toda Erika or Nagasawa Masami<3

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Jul 13th, '09, 15:04

lenrasoon wrote:i completely agree with Ichihara Hayato for Rei, it would be perfect!

but don't like Ayase Haruka acting that much, maybe Eikura Nana, Toda Erika or Nagasawa Masami<3
Eikura Nana, Toda Erika and Nagasawa Masami can't act at all :lol . I like Ayase Haruka, but I think she is a bit too mature to play a high-school girl. Using a fresh face would be nice. Maybe someone like Ohgo Suzuka or Yoshitaka Yuriko? How about Miura Haruma or Okada Masaki as Rei? Ichihara Hayato is a good choice as well.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 13th, '09, 15:22

I can see Ichihara Hayato as Rei too, but if he was just a bit taller... like um.... Mokomichi's height...? Only because I knew Rei was suppose to be like, super tall (When I think about about it Mokomichi would be a good Rei... but may look a tad bit old...) Seeing him in Gokusen, he does have that potential to be that bad boy.

Ah! Shirota Yu! He would look good for Rei! As for Kora, someone said Ohga Suzuka, and I think she would make a nice Kira. How about Kobayashi Ryoko also?

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Jul 13th, '09, 15:25

Goodnessgracious wrote:
lenrasoon wrote:i completely agree with Ichihara Hayato for Rei, it would be perfect!

Eikura Nana, Toda Erika and Nagasawa Masami can't act at all :lol . I like Ayase Haruka, but I think she is a bit too mature to play a high-school girl. Using a fresh face would be nice. Maybe someone like Ohgo Suzuka or Yoshitaka Yuriko? How about Miura Haruma or Okada Masaki as Rei? Ichihara Hayato is a good choice as well.
LOL , but i still think they are good actresses not perfect but good enough. :P

i agree with you about Yoshitaka Yuriko, i didn't think of her before but i think she would be fine as Kira.

rirurin

Post by rirurin » Jul 13th, '09, 16:11

I also think Yoshitaka Yuriko would be a great Kira and as for Rei.....I would love to see Mukai Osamu in that role :wub: ( even if he is a bit older :P ).
Oh, how nice it would be to see a japanese version of Mars :D

jadejoker

Post by jadejoker » Jul 14th, '09, 02:44

Goodnessgracious wrote:

In terms of Rei we're on the same page Goodnessgracious! The two choices I had in mind were Miura Haruma or Okada Masaki as well. Honestly I haven't seen any dramas with Ichihara Hayato so I don't know about him.
As for Kira... I'm having a really hard time thinking of someone. I love Ayase Haruka but I envison MARS with a much more youthful cast. Especially Kira. I feel she should look/be young and tiny... at the very least in comparison to Rei's character. Which immediately cuts out Eikura Nana for me. (But I'm not that fond of her to begin with).
Though there are so many ideas for Kira I still don't know. I'm stumped (and super picky) >_< As more ideas are shared I'm sure I'll find one I like ^^
I know for sure Horikita Maki is not an option for me though. I like her and I feel she does well in most roles she gets (especially NWP) but not as Kira. I can't see it nor want to.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 14th, '09, 03:28

I have no particular love for the Taiwanese Mars, but I guess a Japanese version would be interesting. My suggestion for Kira would be Aoi Yuu. She's quite small and very cute, and definitely the shy type! As for Rei, he should be tall and look like a player, but I can't really think of anyone right now. I like Miura Haruma and Okada Masaki, but I don't know, they don't really have the bad boy look. Miura Haruma did alright in Koizora and in Gokusen 3, but he is too skinny to be Rei. I'd like someone buffier.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 14th, '09, 03:39

SSpiegel wrote:I have no particular love for the Taiwanese Mars, but I guess a Japanese version would be interesting. My suggestion for Kira would be Aoi Yuu. She's quite small and very cute, and definitely the shy type! As for Rei, he should be tall and look like a player, but I can't really think of anyone right now. I like Miura Haruma and Okada Masaki, but I don't know, they don't really have the bad boy look. Miura Haruma did alright in Koizora and in Gokusen 3, but he is too skinny to be Rei. I'd like someone buffier.
Yeah I agree with you too about Rei. A buffy guy, who screams rebel and playboy who is good at basketball! Pleeease I hope no Maki... she's ok, but I don't think she's all that of an actress (I only gain some respect with the drama SP Tokyo Daikushu... and that's it. Everything else, not really all that impressive) And I don't see her as a Kira anyway. Yoshitaka Yuriko.. I was thinking of her, but I dunno... she did make me think though since she played that similar-kinda character in Love Shuffle.

OnlyXainz

Post by OnlyXainz » Jul 14th, '09, 03:58

^
^ooh i like the aoi yu input :P can't really imagine her sitting quietly and doing some artistic work though o_O
personally i think horikita maki could portray the quiet, freaked out type. nothing special about looks though :\
if quality of acting talent was put to mind though i'd totally choose ishihara satomi >:] she's growing out her hair and she's the bomb<3
if they ever decide to do it, i just hope they don't mistake the shy type for someone with only one facial expression *_*

as for rei... XDDD argg those small japanese guys... nagase tomoya? LOL i don't know T_T he's big! he doesn't really look player though
based on looks i'd go for takizawa hideaki or someone :\ i don't really know XD

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 14th, '09, 18:53

OnlyXainz wrote:^
^ooh i like the aoi yu input :P can't really imagine her sitting quietly and doing some artistic work though o_O
Hehe, you obviously haven't seen Honey & Clover the movie...

kittykhatz20

Post by kittykhatz20 » Jul 14th, '09, 19:29

Narumi Riko or Yoshitaka Yuriko can play Kira

Okada Masaki does seem like a good choice for Rei and Shirota yu maybe

algelic

Post by algelic » Jul 16th, '09, 18:19

I'd love to see a japanese version of Mars!

It would be tough to outdo the performances in the taiwanese version.

After carefully thinking about it, the only actors I think would fit these roles are:

Ayase Haruka and Yamada Takayuki

I know this couple was already in "Crying out love in the centre of the World" and "Byakuyako"... but that's actually a good thing. They've more than proved that they can act and make a good couple.

There are other actors I think would do a good performance... but they're too old.

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Jul 24th, '09, 13:21

Maaaaaybe Okada Masaki sorta, kinda. He doesn't seem very bad boy-ish. (I'm trying to think of younger actors to play them. They're in high school right?)

Or, Ikuta Toma! I think he'd be pretty good if he was Rei.

Yekiel

Post by Yekiel » Jul 24th, '09, 14:15

HM, I still think Miura Haruma would be a good choice. As for the body... well, you can't have everything ^^ I also think that Akanishi Jin would be great. And the more I think about it: Matsuda Shota, but he's not tall.

Female lead-wise I'd go for Aoi Yu or Suzuki Anne. And I still like Ayase Haruka.