[Discussion] Otomen (Masaki Okada, Kaho)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
AZUKI

Post by AZUKI » Oct 30th, '09, 13:24

nobody is gonna keep uploading Otomen? ¡ - ¡

I love that drama, and I became addict, but from the Aki season there is only 1 file ¡ ^ ¡ !! need mooreee XDD

anybody knows where can I get it? I can't use clubbox u_u

btw I don't wanna be rude, THANKS for sharing the first season! º D º
also if anyone has doubt of watching it or not, PLEASE DO IT !! XDD it's hilarious, romantic and with a lot of Ikemens... what else do you need? XDD

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Oct 30th, '09, 14:54

Azuki, I have those eps in medium quality. I dl'd from Veoh, using realplayer. Using the Veoh downloader (which you have to have to watch the stream, too) also get you the eps, but for me, wmv files are iffy at best.

unthinkthis

Otomen episodes (second season)

Post by unthinkthis » Oct 30th, '09, 18:40

lullabye wrote:Azuki, I have those eps in medium quality. I dl'd from Veoh, using realplayer. Using the Veoh downloader (which you have to have to watch the stream, too) also get you the eps, but for me, wmv files are iffy at best.
Do you watch it with subs? and would it be possible if you could send me the file(s) for the 3rd episode? Mine seems to be not working (Veoh downloader).

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Oct 30th, '09, 20:49

The eps I have are all raws. Still interested?

AZUKI

Post by AZUKI » Oct 30th, '09, 21:42

Lullabye thaanks! if you can upload Aki season number 2 I'll be hugely grateful m(_ _)m !

if it's very heavy and you cant upload please give me that Veoh link, is it possible to watch it online with Veoh right?
no problem if it's without subtitles jejeje, I understand japanese n_____n! and raw is ok! :)

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Oct 30th, '09, 22:07

If you google Veoh, when you get to the site, then search for otmn aki and whatever's there should show. You'll have to download a video player from Veoh to see the whole show.

I'll see what I can do. I've never uploaded any video files before. I'll pm you when/if I figure it out. I'm jealous that you understand Japanese. I just started learning on my own, and watching raws and later seeing a sub is about the only way I have of hearing the language spoken with context. Shows like Otomen are perfect for me, since they aren't complicated.

AZUKI

Post by AZUKI » Oct 31st, '09, 09:23

Lullabye not need to upload I found it on Veoh!! \ º D º / !!! (hopping not being late)
I download the program and seems to run well n__n !! I thought you have to pay or something to watch videos in Veoh ... baka-azuki

I understand Japanese because I've been studding it since long time ago, if you watch a lot of drama you'll see that you'll learn a lot of things and without noticing you'll understand them n__n Ganbatte!
Otomen is perfect as you said, cause it's not complicated and also the characters speaks slowly,clear and also in a common language, I mean not in a yakuza language or something like that XD

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Oct 31st, '09, 18:43

AZUKI wrote:Lullabye not need to upload I found it on Veoh!! \ º D º / !!! (hopping not being late)
I download the program and seems to run well n__n !! I thought you have to pay or something to watch videos in Veoh ... baka-azuki

I'm glad you found them!

I understand Japanese because I've been studding it since long time ago, if you watch a lot of drama you'll see that you'll learn a lot of things and without noticing you'll understand them n__n Ganbatte!
Otomen is perfect as you said, cause it's not complicated and also the characters speaks slowly,clear and also in a common language, I mean not in a yakuza language or something like that XD
If I can't figure out what was said in an episode, can I ask you? Mostly, it's the teacher scenes that are sometimes confusing to me.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Oct 31st, '09, 21:09

All of the first season, and 1 episode of the second season is subtitled on Vikki. The last time I checked 3/5 of the second episode was subtitled. Just watch it there.

onegaisan

Post by onegaisan » Nov 4th, '09, 08:56

Really appreciate the raws as well. So sad now that I cannot find them. Thank you!

Also is there a reason why there are no raw torrents?
I know I am not the only one who watches/shares them that way. Thanks for any help. Newb here.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Nov 4th, '09, 14:41

onegaisan wrote:Really appreciate the raws as well. So sad now that I cannot find them. Thank you!

I know I am not the only one who watches/shares them that way. Thanks for any help. Newb here.
The person who shared them here stopped, reasons not given. No one else does it. I've watched the autumn eps through Veoh, and there are some other streaming sites that have it.

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Nov 6th, '09, 17:49

I caught the last episode yesterday on Veoh.
The whole wedding scene was such a kick! I loved how Ryo was beating down 20 bodyguards to get to Asuka. It's so perfect for their characters. Overall, the series had nothing particularly awesome about it, but it just made me happy while I watched it. It's just a nice, feel-good drama, and you need those once in a while.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Nov 6th, '09, 18:25

SnowApple wrote:I caught the last episode yesterday on Veoh.
The whole wedding scene was such a kick! I loved how Ryo was beating down 20 bodyguards to get to Asuka. It's so perfect for their characters. Overall, the series had nothing particularly awesome about it, but it just made me happy while I watched it. It's just a nice, feel-good drama, and you need those once in a while.
I agree. Otomen wasn't awesome, and some bits were downright weird, but the silliness and good nature was engaging. It was, overall, fluffy and pretty.

And, yes, the ending was perfect.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 6th, '09, 21:33

I enjoyed it a lot too!
There were a lot of silly moments and lots of heartwarming ones. The cast was charismatic and good for their roles.
Except that Ryou might have been better with someone with a more natural smile. Kaho looks weird when she smiles or emotes...
Totally loved the runaway groom setup and loved how Tachibana was coming up with crazy story but Ryou bought it anyways :lol

toranosuke

Post by toranosuke » Nov 17th, '09, 19:10

What an ending!!

I really wish there was more... an awfully short series, I feel. But we couldn't have asked for it to have ended better.

toranosuke

Post by toranosuke » Nov 17th, '09, 19:12

Aren't there? That's how I've been watching them, and I have every episode.

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Nov 26th, '09, 17:53

toranosuke wrote:What an ending!!

I really wish there was more... an awfully short series, I feel. But we couldn't have asked for it to have ended better.
Yep, a bit dissapointed about the ending of Otomen Aki
No kissing... no hugging...
I really want to cry out loud to the center of the "Otomen's Fan":cry:
In the this is really a comedy drama after all, my fault too excited about the romance ending >_<
but this dorama have entertain me in each stories :thumright:
It's funny even I watch it without any subs.
otsukare... :thumleft:

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Dec 24th, '09, 04:44

Since Querbeet has released subs for natsu 1 & 2 (and really good subs they are--thanks, Querbeet!), I thought maybe people would want to talk about the eps. (Well, if this awful audio advertising doesn't prove so freaking annoying that no one could possibly take part in any sort of conversation.)

Strygwyrblood

Post by Strygwyrblood » Dec 29th, '09, 05:40

I just start re-watching Otomen 1-3 again (this time the one with subtitle in it, thanks to Querbeet!!!) and I find my self like it more than before.

recca_cool

Post by recca_cool » Jan 28th, '10, 13:27

Yup :) Querbeet are doing a great job on this... we'll worry about Fall episodes once we get there lol

noobee

Post by noobee » Jan 28th, '10, 14:43

nice!

nantarotoyo

Post by nantarotoyo » Apr 3rd, '10, 02:08

i like otomen

Gigi-Chan

Post by Gigi-Chan » Apr 7th, '10, 01:25

I'm reading the manga now, because i saw the live-action first. An it was pretty interesting...

Gigi-Chan

Post by Gigi-Chan » Apr 7th, '10, 01:33

I'm reading the manga now, because i saw the live-action first. An it was pretty interesting...

pinkporca

Post by pinkporca » Apr 7th, '10, 02:36

I am so excited about this drama. I have seen the episodes from 1-7 and am waiting for the rest to be subbed. I am so thankful that this is being subbed and am patiently waiting for the rest.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Re: [Discussion] Otomen (Masaki Okada, Kaho)

Post by esmer86 » Apr 7th, '10, 22:24

I wanna see this drama. Ive heard its funny and sweet. Just gotta wait until it downloads. :glare:
Last edited by esmer86 on Apr 7th, '11, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Feb 15th, '11, 23:15

I just finished this drama. It was not bad.
Seemed like they had no budget shortage, and most of the actors were nice too.

small minuses: obama jokes, annoying mother plot device, no epilogue, no kiss.

7-

also i liked the e.d. with the purple kimono. at the risk of sounding otomenish it was so vibrant.

XrayZ

Post by XrayZ » Feb 15th, '11, 23:46

I enjoyed vol 1 of the manga but somehow i liked the live more... the cast were great, and more individual and unusual than the standard shoujo-manga-faced characters in the manga. Very good manga, but not exactly revolutionary.

I loved the purple kimono and the end fight too! Again it was the casting which made it. Other characters i liked were flower guy and Miyakozuka's dad.

And i agree with almost everyone that a more romantic ending would be better.... but this way maybe we can get another season if the manga stays popular? We can hope anyways.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Apr 7th, '11, 03:31

I'm just getting a chance to watch this drama, YAY! :lol I too have heard that it is had good comedy so I can't wait.

HanieCullen

Post by HanieCullen » Jun 17th, '11, 20:58

I just finished watching this drama, am I the only one who thinks the ending for ep 8 & 9 is somewhat incomplete(?)

oh well, overall i think this drama is amazing. I love it^^