[Discussion] Shokojo Seira (Shida Mirai)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
noobee

Post by noobee » Dec 13th, '09, 04:48

yes theyre annoying !

Just.Me

Post by Just.Me » Dec 13th, '09, 06:30

Popdog wrote:Did anyone find masami, Seira's 'best' friend really annoying in ep 8?
Your friend gets pushed down by the school witch, and then when she gets up and says stuff you don't agree with, you say something like,"If that's what you're saying, then it's over between us."????

I mean what the heck. What kinda friend is that? No loyalty plus threatened her and made her cry. Even if you didn't agree with her, you didn't have to humiliate her in public.

Anyway, I was just very annoyed by that. Wanted to smack her.

me 2 i really didnt like the way she said it :x

niwatori

Post by niwatori » Dec 14th, '09, 01:23

Just.Me wrote:anyways shokojo seira is 11 ep right ??
no, it's only 10 episodes.
I checked the official site and in the left-part there's an announcement that the final episode will be on air on 19 December

niwatori

Post by niwatori » Dec 14th, '09, 23:31

have finished watching ep 09..
I think Seira and Kaito are the sweetest couple I've ever seen in dorama ^^
hope they make a good ending in ep 10! XD

Aoiblue

Post by Aoiblue » Dec 15th, '09, 00:14

I think Kaname Jun is what's keeping me from not watching this show.

TG4

Post by TG4 » Dec 16th, '09, 01:41

The "made up" (it isn't in the original story) romantic subplot is kind of series' saving grace for me. I wouldn't nearly be as interested in this show without Seira + Kaito. I'm actually surprised the writers have done a decent job with this. A big problem in romantic/rom com series (and this series is neither which kind of shows you the extent to which j-dramas fumble the romantic angle in many series) the writers usually do one of two things: a) delay the eventual pairing so long, that it seems rushed and/or forced in the last episode(s) (Hana Kimi was kind of like this) or b) hint at a romantic pairing but never go through with it (any drama with YamaP and Horikita Maki).

In this story, though, there's a gradual building up of their relationship and although it has ups and downs, it goes a little further each episode.
The last scene of the preview of the final episode is absolutely begging for a kissing scene!!

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Dec 16th, '09, 02:30

SnowApple wrote: I really love the romantic adaptation of Becky's character. Honestly (and unfortunately, in a way) I think Kento and Mirai's chemistry is going to become the show's saving grace.
Did I call it, or did I CALL it? HAHA! So um yeah, I've been trotting along here, just passively watching, cringing at the bad, smiling at the good, etc. This drama kind of became its own cheerful wreck, so it's like, hey, whatever, play on, finish with a bang. :lol

ozawa00

Post by ozawa00 » Dec 19th, '09, 11:48

I was surprised to see Kaname Jun in Episode 7! I am completely in love with him! did not understand the reason for his appearance in episode 7 will watch the rest to understand

Kaname Jun is the official site but just look at the Chart of the site where the graph has cast his chart is there

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Dec 19th, '09, 12:07

Have just watch the last episode :-)
They (Kaito & Seira) are kissing :cheers: kyaaaa :wub: My wish come true hehe...
The boy have an innocent face, and also the girl XD They are really a SUIKA (Sweet Couple) teehee ....
And it was a happy ending :lol
Even I think it was a bit rush hehe but overall GREAT : :roll
Otsukaresama deshita ! It was really a great drama :salut:
I'm also very excited watching it from the begining till the end :thumleft:
Thank you very muchhhhh.... I'm waiting for their (Kento & Shida) other dramas >> of course as a couple again LoL :whistling:

ozawa00

Post by ozawa00 » Dec 20th, '09, 02:36

Have just watch the last episode

Hidden:

They (Kaito & Seira) are kissing kyaaaa My wish come true hehe...
The boy have an innocent face, and also the girl They are really a SUIKA (Sweet Couple) teehee ....
And it was a happy ending
Even I think it was a bit rush hehe but overall GREAT :

Otsukaresama deshita ! It was really a great drama
I'm also very excited watching it from the begining till the end
Thank you very muchhhhh.... I'm waiting for their (Kento & Shida) other dramas >> of course as a couple again LoL
How cute! I have imagined that the end would be so and also I could not imagine another order that were not. really a great drama [/quote]

jasminech

Post by jasminech » Dec 20th, '09, 14:39

Just watched the last episode (thanks to furransu for getting the RAW up so quickly!).
Aww, yay, that episode was just how I imagined it'd be (:wub: Kaname Jun). A bit sad that the last part of Kaito we saw was just him in a picture, though. But oh well! We got our kiss, so I'm not complaining :cheers: And naww, it was so cute when Kaito ran into her room and gave her a big hug.
:wub:

niwatori

Post by niwatori » Dec 20th, '09, 14:48

have finished watching the last episode!
thank God, they made a good ending for this drama!! XD
I hope there will be another dorama in which Shida and Kento will be paired up again ^^

menaine

Post by menaine » Dec 20th, '09, 20:21

in eps 9, before leaving seminary Aran sensei say something to Seira in French
anyone know what are they talking?

jasminech

Post by jasminech » Dec 21st, '09, 00:37

menaine wrote:in eps 9, before leaving seminary Aran sensei say something to Seira in French
anyone know what are they talking?
This is what he says (from Heiwa Fansubs):
Such a face only mars a princess. We'll meet again someday.

&

Face forward. Don't be defeated.

But, in the little japanese subtitles there's also the line: 僕は君のこと好きだよ (boku wa kimi no koto suki da yo) / Aran-sensei telling Seira he likes her (obviously not in THAT way), just before the "we'll meet again someday" line.
Ah, I'm glad I saw this post. These lines didn't come up on GOM when I was watching ep 9, but I just watched it again on MPC and they did. Hope that helped!

menaine

Post by menaine » Dec 21st, '09, 14:36

@jasminech;
thanks
oh i see ..i see
my current player also didn't show the lines. i'll try in another player

ozawa00

Post by ozawa00 » Dec 21st, '09, 16:43

Staff know that has nothing to do with the drama but can someone help me? Does anyone know how to create an account DramaWiki? I tried but I can not reclaim. If anyone knows please help me! Thanks

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Dec 22nd, '09, 01:54

The ending was pretty good. 4 out of 5. I wished it was more like the American version ending, but I can settle for this. In a way, if you just think of the stereotypical ending of a jdorama, then this is it.

TG4

Post by TG4 » Dec 23rd, '09, 07:15

Just watched the last ep. We got our happy ending, as expected, but we also
got a fairly decent kissing scene, which was a bonus. Kento and Mirai make a nice on-screen couple. They should put them in another drama together.

evz88

Post by evz88 » Jan 10th, '10, 10:10

i started watching this because i loved the little princess movie when i was young :D this was a fairly okay version of it, the movie is much better still.
i got quite fed up watching maria and the director being so mean to seira but getting away with it because seira never fights back. however the added romance between seira and kaito made up for it :) i loved all their moments, especially the one where he shielded her from the tomato and when they had to sleep overnight outside at the train station. the ending between them was great too, hes going to work hard to be her equal not just take advantage of her richness. their kiss was cute~ their love is so pure its so sweet >_<

all in all it was an okay drama but i felt the script could have been better and the ending was a bit rushed. was annoyed that the ones who treated her poorly did not get any sort of punishment, but i guess she is taking the high road which is what her character is like. i also wish they could have told us what aran (or is it alan?) told seira what went on between the director and her mum, still didn't quite get why she hated seira's mum so much inorder for her to treat seira so badly o_o

i hope they make a special of this that talks about what happens between seira and kaito, to be honest that was the only thing that kept me continuing to watch this drama until the end xD or i wish that mirai and kento would be in another drama together, they are a cute on screen couple!

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Jan 28th, '10, 05:22

I'm going to upload the 720p raw.
Just note that ep01 is 2.78GB (not the same runtime as the one I uploaded a while ago) so I would like it if someone could re-time the subtitle for it (or notify TimeLesSub so they can put it up on their english sub thread).

I still have ep01-03 to upload to the seed box then I'll upload the torrent.