[Discussion]Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (Kamenashi Kazuya)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
cazzy

Post by cazzy » Jan 15th, '10, 12:54

Today was the first broadcast! I can't wait to see the first episode! Been looking forward to see the anime as LA. I really hope it's going to be good!

I'm surprised with the character of the little kid... but let's see.

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Jan 15th, '10, 14:19

I tried to watch it through KeyHole TV, but as I was afraid - just when I really need KeyHole to work perfectly, then it let´s me down. The picture I got was all fussy -.-
Fortunately I got to see some scenes - they we´re pretty fine. :D

But can someone who saw all the episode, talk how it was? I´m really interested if Kame and Aya acted it out or not , because i haven´t seen them acting so much (I saw Kame in "Nobuta wo Produce", but only there)

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Jan 15th, '10, 15:54

oh! it was aired today?
sigh.. didnt catched it :cry:

uh well...can't wait for the upload :salut:

Morning Sky

Post by Morning Sky » Jan 15th, '10, 16:37

someone upload on youtube

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Jan 15th, '10, 16:37

i'm going crazy waiting for the torrent to load it i hope the english sub will be released very soon to watch the epi hope this drama will be good i'm one of akami fans i just finished watching yukan club for jin and i was disappointed so i'm looking forward to watch great drama by kaminashi kazuya

cazzy

Post by cazzy » Jan 15th, '10, 21:49

Morning Sky wrote:someone upload on youtube
Thanks! Looking forward for the subs :D

I watched a bit out of curiosity and isn't the mansion from "atashinchi no danshi"? It looks strangely similar...

Kame looks handsome!

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Jan 15th, '10, 21:58

I watched a bit out of curiosity and isn't the mansion from "atashinchi no danshi"? It looks strangely similar...

i thought so too also it was same mension of yukan club does any one know where is that place first time i saw that mantion in atashinci no danshi i thought it was plato or build like studio but i keep seeing it in many dramas plz if u know where is that place tell me and still waiting the torrent zzzzz :P

kyojames_19

Post by kyojames_19 » Jan 15th, '10, 23:23

I saw the drama at youtube and really liked it alot but, the little boy, for me, ruined it. I mean where did he come from? besides from, we all know, he is the son of obachan, I don't get it really. :(

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » Jan 15th, '10, 23:36

i'm Going Crazy waiting for it...and although i hate watching the raw files , my impatience could lead me to that :(

cazzy

Post by cazzy » Jan 15th, '10, 23:55

kyojames_19 wrote:I saw the drama at youtube and really liked it alot but, the little boy, for me, ruined it. I mean where did he come from? besides from, we all know, he is the son of obachan, I don't get it really. :(
The boy is cute but really unecessary. I don't like when they add someone out of the blue in the drama but lets give him some time. Maybe he will grow on us.

I like the main actress. She has original beauty. Not the pretty cute girl type but she looks very exotic. Excited to see more eps.

Is it me or Kame got buffier? Hmmm... :mrgreen:

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Jan 16th, '10, 00:01

caramelchampagne wrote:

i thought so too also it was same mension of yukan club does any one know where is that place first time i saw that mantion in atashinci no danshi i thought it was plato or build like studio but i keep seeing it in many dramas plz if u know where is that place tell me and still waiting the torrent zzzzz :P
I so knew they'll use that place... XD
I've seen it oin so many drama, that had something castle-like... XD *lol* There was once a thread about drama locations.. Somewhere? XD

artalicous
Wales

Post by artalicous » Jan 16th, '10, 00:49

Karo wrote:
caramelchampagne wrote:

I've seen it oin so many drama, that had something castle-like... XD *lol* There was once a thread about drama locations.. Somewhere? XD
Have found some Infoin a blog about the "castel" at:
http://www.bloglovin.com/m/62103044/0

hope it helps!!!

KageSakura

Post by KageSakura » Jan 16th, '10, 01:01

Hi,

Well I haven't read the manga in a while but I used to be obsessed with it when it first came out so I'm very happy to see it got turned into a drama. From what I've seen so far it's not too bad. I felt like it followed the events of the first chapter for the most part. Though...I'm wondering where the little kid came from!!!

But yeah, I'm not too concerned about the cast. I think everyone looks somewhat similar to who they are playing so far. Kame is definitely playing violent Kyohei and I like Ranmaru so far. The others haven't grown on me yet. Sunako seems fine to me, they even pulled off her electricity thing which I like. I'm not worried they will make her too "kawaii" she seems weird from the beginning. Hopefully they keep it up.

Yeah both the house from Yukan Club and the little boy are really unsettling somehow.

taylor

Post by taylor » Jan 16th, '10, 01:10

i hope the raw file will be out soon

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Jan 16th, '10, 02:09

artalicous wrote:
Karo wrote:
caramelchampagne wrote:

hope it helps!!!

thanx artalicous :wub: for the link i really appreciated so much coz this castle appeared alot in many dramas i wanted to know more about it
it's 5 am here and still waiting for the torrent i hope it won't be 2 gega size i'm having problem in my connection these days so waiting the xvid torrent zzzzzzzzz :roll

kyojames_19

Post by kyojames_19 » Jan 16th, '10, 02:48

KageSakura wrote:Hi,

...I'm wondering where the little kid came from!!!.... Kame is definitely playing violent Kyohei and I like Ranmaru so far...

right? i mean the little boy should be the narrator instead of hiroshi for a change...
I love the way Kyouhei punched his manager at work! and, Ranmaru trying to kiss sunako then yuki shove him off! :lol

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Jan 16th, '10, 11:27

the row torrent still didn't come out yet :S i'm waiting for it since yesterday

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Jan 16th, '10, 12:57

just as i thought of the castle
kinda looks familiar...
i took a snap of it
well... the kid is kinda cute, isnt he from Atandan too? the son of shou?

@caramelchampagne: the raw will be up 2 or 3 days i think
so lets be patient :cheers: :thumright:

cazzy

Post by cazzy » Jan 16th, '10, 13:06

rurikomai wrote:just as i thought of the castle
kinda looks familiar...
i took a snap of it
well... the kid is kinda cute, isnt he from Atandan too? the son of shou?

@caramelchampagne: the raw will be up 2 or 3 days i think
so lets be patient :cheers: :thumright:
I remember him from 'Voice'. Haven't seen him in anything else. He starred in bunch if shows already. (checked his wikidrama profile). the boy is cute. Gotta give him that!

Don't mean to offend anyone but I thought that 'Ranmaru' will be more handsome.. Totally hot face, if you know what I mean. This is the way I imagined the actor in a drama. Ranmaru is ladies' man and his appearance should be VERY striking. Not saying the actor isn't handsome (actually he is kinda my type haha) but I imagined him differently. It's not all about the face after all. He probably will grown on me. LOL

:goggle:

Gitik

Post by Gitik » Jan 16th, '10, 15:39

caramelchampagne wrote:
artalicous wrote:
Karo wrote: I so knew they'll use that place... XD

hope it helps!!!
thanx artalicous :wub: for the link i really appreciated so much coz this castle appeared alot in many dramas i wanted to know more about it
it's 5 am here and still waiting for the torrent i hope it won't be 2 gega size i'm having problem in my connection these days so waiting the xvid torrent zzzzzzzzz :roll
well, according to my research - Fun Facts about The Lockheart Castle. It was built in Scotland (in 1829). This building was home of Mr. Lockhart, who was the biographer of Sir Walter Scott. source
You can find it in list of the historical monuments of Scotland under name "Milton Lockhart House." The castle was sold (in late 1980s) and its reamains were stone by stone shipped from Scotland to Japan - and rebuilt there. His new owner renamed it to Lock HEART Castle. It´a pun on wedding ceremonies, which are part of their bussiness, I think. You can "rent a castle" for filming or doing photoshoot, so there is a big list of Lockheart castle "appearances" in numerous projects at Lockheart Official website. And it is listed among the popular amusement parks in Japan see. Map - official site: Lockheart castle Guide

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Jan 16th, '10, 19:22

cazzy wrote:I remember him from 'Voice'. Haven't seen him in anything else. He starred in bunch if shows already. (checked his wikidrama profile). the boy is cute. Gotta give him that!
Oh! just mistakenly thought of him from atandan... :mrgreen: anywayz the RAW is already up for grabs, for those who cant wait for the torrent
----> check it here :w00t:

@Gitik: that's quite interesting about that castle

jica

Post by jica » Jan 16th, '10, 20:23

I'm happy that Oomasa Aya is great portraying Sunako-chan, because even though they've made Kyohei the lead Sunako is crucial to the drama, I mean, after all, she is THE head character.

Love this drama so far, better than the anime actually which I was a bit disappointed in. I didn't quite made the manga justice. The live action is different though, but I still think it's funny and entertaining.

lwq

Post by lwq » Jan 17th, '10, 01:15

If we are talking about the same little boy, he is the caretaker and son of the landlord (who wants Sunako to be changed).

Any idea which fansub group will be releasing this?

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Jan 17th, '10, 05:24

lwq wrote:If we are talking about the same little boy, he is the caretaker and son of the landlord (who wants Sunako to be changed).
lol...what a cute caretaker..
lwq wrote:Any idea which fansub group will be releasing this?
Read the 1st page :roll

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Jan 17th, '10, 07:01

THANX FOR EVERY ONE WHO SHARES INFOS THEY GOT TO MAKE OTHERS FEEL HAPPY

@rurikomai

thanx dear for the site really i appreciated it so much :wub: i'm gonna be away from ma pc for couple of days so i won't be able to load the torrent when it released and it gonna be hard on me to load liar game s2 and code blue all togther at the same time with yamato you are a life saver :salut: this was the first time they took time to release a torrent it usually released the same day or next day at most since i'm behind ya by 6 hours comparing japan time i stayed all the night without sleeping waiting for the torrent but voila u give me direct links :D

@GITIK

thanx to ya for sharing info about lock heart castle this castle catched ma eyes first time i saw it on atashinchi no danshi and lately in yukan club i wrote a thread about this castle in japanese drama discussion yesterday i will be glad to add your shared info to the article there :-)

watching: sweet spy , hero , liar game s2 , code blue s2
pending : bloody monday and yamato nadashiko shici henge

cazzy

Post by cazzy » Jan 17th, '10, 13:04

rurikomai wrote:
cazzy wrote:I remember him from 'Voice'. Haven't seen him in anything else. He starred in bunch if shows already. (checked his wikidrama profile). the boy is cute. Gotta give him that!
Oh! just mistakenly thought of him from atandan... :mrgreen: anywayz the RAW is already up for grabs, for those who cant wait for the torrent
----> check it here :w00t:

@Gitik: that's quite interesting about that castle
Thank you!

BTW I love your b-set! It's awesome! I love Hirota's dramas! Teppan Girl, was the latest I saw :D

cozimissyou

Post by cozimissyou » Jan 17th, '10, 14:14

wow
interesting series
all star are here!!
kame yuya ... Love x2

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Jan 17th, '10, 14:38

caramelchampagne wrote: @rurikomai

thanx dear for the site really i appreciated it so much :wub: i'm gonna be away from ma pc for couple of days so i won't be able to load the torrent when it released and it gonna be hard on me to load liar game s2 and code blue all togther at the same time with yamato you are a life saver :salut: this was the first time they took time to release a torrent it usually released the same day or next day at most since i'm behind ya by 6 hours comparing japan time i stayed all the night without sleeping waiting for the torrent but voila u give me direct links :D
no problem...
a BIG thanks to Ran's Blog :salut: :salut:
anyways...
Oomasa Aya way back (buzze beat) is kinda thin. i think she changed alot here, dunno
just observed it :whistling:

Gitik

Post by Gitik » Jan 17th, '10, 18:49

caramelchampagne wrote:THANX FOR EVERY ONE WHO SHARES INFOS THEY GOT TO MAKE OTHERS FEEL HAPPY

@GITIK
thanx to ya for sharing info about lock heart castle this castle catched ma eyes first time i saw it on atashinchi no danshi and lately in yukan club i wrote a thread about this castle in japanese drama discussion yesterday i will be glad to add your shared info to the article there :-)

sure, just be sure to credit all your sources with links and names, becauce I love to click to see the pictures and to seek the other related stuff there * she is obviously a googling maniac* This text is a partial basis for my future article at my blog, hmm I should write an english version too - to share it with you and to practise my language skills.

However, did you notice that cute teddy bears? There is a special teddy-bear exposition in Lockheart castle too. :mrgreen:

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Jan 17th, '10, 20:23

I have watched the anime and found it to be very funny :D Kame-chan is in this, I couldnt believe it when i first heard the news of this!

(LOL, im resurrected! My D-addicts post in a year or so! Ah~~ Sukashiii, todaima~)

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Jan 17th, '10, 23:04

Yay, this is one of my favorite mangas. Looking forward to the drama. :) My first post in a long time, too. :lol

mavi

Post by mavi » Jan 18th, '10, 00:48

DramaCrazy subbed episode 1 on their site.

kyojames_19

Post by kyojames_19 » Jan 18th, '10, 01:37

mavi wrote:DramaCrazy subbed episode 1 on their site.

Sugiii hayaay!!!!

Shii

Post by Shii » Jan 18th, '10, 11:22

I was looking forward to this drama. And was disappointed with the first episode. From the main cast I like the cute guy best. His acting is very natural. The small kid is fine, too. The rest is nothing much. And I am completely annoyed by the portrayal of Sunako. She moans too much. But maybe it's just me.
(And the friend was awful. Characters like that make me so angry. I wish I could slap her.)
I will probably watch this drama anyway, unless I won't be able to stand it anymore ;D Hopefully next episodes will be better.

Nyky

Post by Nyky » Jan 18th, '10, 12:03

[quote="Shii"]I was looking forward to this drama. And was disappointed with the first episode. From the main cast I like the cute guy best. His acting is very natural. The small kid is fine, too. The rest is nothing much. And I am completely annoyed by the portrayal of Sunako. She moans too much. But maybe it's just me.
(And the friend was awful. Characters like that make me so angry. I wish I could slap her.)
I will probably watch this drama anyway, unless I won't be able to stand it anymore ;D Hopefully next episodes will be better.[/quote]

I agree. I was looking forward too, but... Oh, my... This is... Well, maybe I hoped too much and that's why I disappointed. But how could Sunako a woman "Jackie Chan" be?? I know, she is strong etc, but please. In the first 35 min she turned a "beutiful woman" ... I think the best was the house/castle. The only thing that I found perfect. Of course, this is just my opinion.
Maybe the next ep will be better. I hope! :unsure:

juri25

Post by juri25 » Jan 18th, '10, 14:04

i found da first episode very enjoyable 2 watch!!
i actually had doubts about how they were going 2 bring da manga characters 2 life coz i was kinda expecting it to be an utter disappointment
kame is growing on me
i liked him with da wig on better than his natural hair :P
aya chan is very cute
i cant wait 4 ep 2
da preview got me very excited!!

KageSakura

Post by KageSakura » Jan 18th, '10, 19:57

juri25 wrote:i found da first episode very enjoyable 2 watch!!
i actually had doubts about how they were going 2 bring da manga characters 2 life coz i was kinda expecting it to be an utter disappointment
kame is growing on me
i liked him with da wig on better than his natural hair :P
Same here even though he's good looking I couldn't see him as Kyohei. But he looked so much more like him when he wore the wig! I'm beginning to get over the fact that he isn't blond. If he spikes his hair up a bit he'll be fine.

I think everyone else looks like their characters though. Well as much as reality allows.

hhv94

Post by hhv94 » Jan 18th, '10, 20:04

First episode was nice to watch even if I had no clue what they were saying. I hope that we get an english sub for episode 1 soon! I really want to know what they are saying. Loved the men dressed as women, very funny. :)

cazzy

Post by cazzy » Jan 18th, '10, 20:47

Shii wrote:I was looking forward to this drama. And was disappointed with the first episode. From the main cast I like the cute guy best. His acting is very natural. The small kid is fine, too. The rest is nothing much. And I am completely annoyed by the portrayal of Sunako. She moans too much. But maybe it's just me.
I will probably watch this drama anyway, unless I won't be able to stand it anymore ;D Hopefully next episodes will be better.
Well if you watched the anime and I'm assuming you did, Sunako did whine and moan A LOT. Actually I think the first episode was excellent. It showed the essence of the anime. I am sure things will get better for you :mrgreen:

erica2

Post by erica2 » Jan 21st, '10, 14:50

First episode was funny, I look forward to next episodes :-)
Kyohei :wub:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 22nd, '10, 23:49

To ALL who are interested to JOIN the LJ Community that is dedicated to this drama
Click Here

Shii

Post by Shii » Jan 23rd, '10, 19:41

cazzy wrote:Well if you watched the anime and I'm assuming you did, Sunako did whine and moan A LOT. Actually I think the first episode was excellent. It showed the essence of the anime. I am sure things will get better for you :mrgreen:
Nope, never seen it. I basically hate animated versions of manga I read (Mushishi was the only exception, I believe) and don't watch anime in general. However, after I wrote that comment I read the manga up to date (before I read only up to volume 4 or 5 maybe. Manga-Sunako isn't a whining brat. She's cool and strong, and even when she gets scared because of the 'radiant beings', it's not that awful. I DO hope the whining will disappear quickly.

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Jan 24th, '10, 09:56

done watching ep2 :lol
and me likes sunako's alarm clock! :P

jica

Post by jica » Jan 24th, '10, 12:37

watashiwachiaki wrote:done watching ep2 :lol
and me likes sunako's alarm clock! :P
Haha, it's cool, but I wouldn't like to wake up to that sound... ^^;;

popoycanton

Post by popoycanton » Jan 24th, '10, 13:26

the first ep was funny, can't believe I laughed so much. I like it more as a gag show, one where you "laugh at it" rather than "laugh with it."

juzdiz

Post by juzdiz » Jan 25th, '10, 02:47

I was planning on delaying watching the anime series because I know it'll affect the appreciation of the live-action version but hey, whatever. Once I started, I couldn't stop. Tee-hee. Gotta love Sunako, eh?

As for the live-action, I've seen up to Ep. 2 and it's okay so far. We shouldn't expect it to be as over the top as the anime. No real person can be as uhm "dazzling" as a cartoon. Anyway, Kame's a way better actor than most of the other pretty boys in the industry, IMO. Although, he looked like he was in dire need of sleep in ep 1 He looked better in ep. 2 though. One of these days, Kyouhei's gonna have a severe concussion getting thrashed by Sunako like that. It's pretty funny.

The series is picking up bits and pieces from the anime. I'm still not sure about adding the little kid in there but I guess they had to have a logical reason for Sunako to agree to be amongst bright people. Can't wait for ep 3. ^_^

FiendishBlue

Post by FiendishBlue » Jan 25th, '10, 05:39

I can't wait for episode 3! The preview seems so chaotic so I don't know what to expect for the next episode. I really love the drama so far <3 I love Kyohei & Sunako!!

taylor

Post by taylor » Jan 25th, '10, 05:55

For me, it's ok so far. I never really expected it to be so GREAT. And yeah Kame looks exhausted in so far. I can't wait to see more episodes coming.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jan 25th, '10, 08:58

cazzy wrote:
Shii wrote:I was looking forward to this drama. And was disappointed with the first episode. From the main cast I like the cute guy best. His acting is very natural. The small kid is fine, too. The rest is nothing much. And I am completely annoyed by the portrayal of Sunako. She moans too much. But maybe it's just me.
Well if you watched the anime and I'm assuming you did, Sunako did whine and moan A LOT. Actually I think the first episode was excellent. It showed the essence of the anime. I am sure things will get better for you :mrgreen:
I second that. Aya-chan is doing Sunako role justice. When you do read the manga, Sunako does whine a lot and keep saying "TOOO Dazzling" and then has her nose bleed (haha I was actually waiting for that to happen on the drama, but I guess they can't do that for Live Action :lol ) All the 4 guys are also doing a great job playing their roles. What I don't get is the kid too. Like was there ever a kid in the manga :scratch: ? Hmm, maybe they needed him to become the narrator instead of a "talking" Hiroshi for realism sake.

I find this Live Action version much much better than the anime. There was something about the anime that put me off. I think the guys were drawn too girly or not proportioned on the anime Hmm, who knows :glare:

Can't wait for ep2. Did Kyohei and Sunako really kissed that early on the manga?

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Jan 25th, '10, 09:31

garnet07 wrote: I second that. Aya-chan is doing Sunako role justice. When you do read the manga, Sunako does whine a lot and keep saying "TOOO Dazzling" and then has her nose bleed (haha I was actually waiting for that to happen on the drama, but I guess they can't do that for Live Action :lol ) All the 4 guys are also doing a great job playing their roles. What I don't get is the kid too. Like was there ever a kid in the manga :scratch: ? Hmm, maybe they needed him to become the narrator instead of a "talking" Hiroshi for realism sake.

I find this Live Action version much much better than the anime. There was something about the anime that put me off. I think the guys were drawn too girly or not proportioned on the anime Hmm, who knows :glare:

Can't wait for ep2. Did Kyohei and Sunako really kissed that early on the manga?
i was waiting for that nosebleed to happened too, or they should've put some effects to it rather than headlocking kyohei... :roll

about that kid, i've watched the anime, there isn't a kid...hmmm
he maybe the narrator.

anyways eps. 2 was great. Sunako shows her beauty earlier than i expected
:cheers:

mavi

Post by mavi » Jan 25th, '10, 09:32

DramaCrazy.Net subbed episode 2 today.

erica2

Post by erica2 » Jan 25th, '10, 14:07

Great! Thanks for info mavi :)

cazzy

Post by cazzy » Jan 25th, '10, 17:50

mavi wrote:DramaCrazy.Net subbed episode 2 today.
OMG they are so fast o.o

juri25

Post by juri25 » Jan 25th, '10, 19:31

the second episode was alryt
again its better than i expected it 2 b
da kissing scene was disappointing. hope da upcoming kiss scenes get passionate (i doubt it :P)
im likin aya chan more n more after every episode!!
takanaga is mine!!sorry noi chan :P

KageSakura

Post by KageSakura » Jan 26th, '10, 02:35

Just finished episode 2. I thought was a good episode though I'm still lost on the stalker women...I don't remember anything like that from the manga. Anyone care to shed some light on that?
Yeah, Kyohei and Sunako kiss pretty early on but in the manga it's to wake her up because she got possessed by a sadistic ghost who loves to make men into her love slaves and then kill them...obviously they couldn't do that with the live action, lol! The mushroom bit was weird though I was looking forward to her being possessed. The kiss is not that passionate in the manga either. :whistling:
And seriously? Who the hell is this Mari-san? :scratch: :scratch:

Other than that they are keeping true to the story, just different scenarios of the same events...if that makes sense. And they are keeping Kyohei's backstory intact. It must suck to be so beautiful you constantly get kidnapped!

And this is the first post in which I use emoticons!

juzdiz

Post by juzdiz » Jan 26th, '10, 02:42

Shii wrote:Can't wait for ep2. Did Kyohei and Sunako really kissed that early on the manga?
I don't know about the manga but they didn't kiss that early in the anime. The mushroom story and other parts weren't until later either but that's okay. I'm glad they're exercising some license with the story like Sunako's reaction after the kiss was hilarious.

I'm sure there will be a lot of twists that will turn out different from the original which is for the better. I wouldn't mind some nosebleed though...but not too much-up to Nakatsu Shuichi's level (Hana Kimi) should be fine. ^_^ With all that head-butting, however, I kinda expect the nosebleed will be Kyohei's. hehehe
KageSakura wrote:Just finished episode 2. I thought was a good episode though I'm still lost on the stalker women...I don't remember anything like that from the manga. Anyone care to shed some light on that?
I think the stalker women were based on the gothic lolita sisters from the anime. I'm glad they're not as annoying in the live action.

yutoyuri

Post by yutoyuri » Jan 26th, '10, 13:47

Thanks na Ja. Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge in carton ver. it funny very much
Thank you. Thank you.

orichan

Post by orichan » Feb 2nd, '10, 04:23

So far all the stories they did came from the manga. They are not in order, I have a feeling they are just doing what ever stories they can that's not too over the top.

The acting is pretty bad in this show, but I guess it works out okay because this manga is supposed to be so over the top.

I hope they will give us some sort of ending for this. I think the drama version of the main female lead has much more chances of becoming normal than the manga version.

Ie) in the manga, after she wakes up from what ever she would never thank anyone for anything.

FiendishBlue

Post by FiendishBlue » Feb 4th, '10, 04:39

So far, I'm enjoying all episodes. The two leads are playing the roles so well. Better than what I expected.
Though, I'm already wondering how they're going to finish the drama since the manga isn't finished.

seororo

Post by seororo » Feb 4th, '10, 12:46

juzdiz wrote:Anyway, Kame's a way better actor than most of the other pretty boys in the industry, IMO.
isn't he?

but the rating is dropping :-(

falalalow

Post by falalalow » Feb 6th, '10, 01:35

I finish watching the first episode and yeah, the acting was pretty bad...especially with the actress that play Sunako. I think that it really rushed right into it but I adore the 4 guys...Tegoshi is just adorable and Kame is always amazing.

juzdiz

Post by juzdiz » Feb 7th, '10, 04:02

seororo wrote:
juzdiz wrote:Anyway, Kame's a way better actor than most of the other pretty boys in the industry, IMO.
isn't he?
but the rating is dropping :-(
Oh well. But hey, episode 3's pretty funny IMO, especially the first part. Everyone said Kyouhei's the actual lead for this version but Sunako's steadily carrying her own. I'm glad. :-) Way to go Aya-chan!

Skibblu

Post by Skibblu » Feb 9th, '10, 12:16

KageSakura wrote:Just finished episode 2. I thought was a good episode though I'm still lost on the stalker women...I don't remember anything like that from the manga. Anyone care to shed some light on that?
Stalker woman is one of the Gosuroris. (Gothic Lolita)

She's with 3 other woman that likes the four guys. They pop up quite a few time in the manga.

---

I've only watched two episode. The plot changes are quite alright, both Yuki and mushroom is from the manga. Using Yuki-chan to open up the drama and show Kyohei and Sunako's personalities is quite nicely done too.

Must say, I wish they did the different hairstyle on Sunako in the first episode. That made me headdesk so so much.

The little kid, I personally don't care for either. But ehh.

Why does Ranmaru's actor look so old? T_____T he hardly look suave. Tegoshi is cute by himself but why does he look not cute in the drama? It's making me :scratch:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 15th, '10, 16:18

why are the ratings flopping??? from 12 to 5???? :crazy:

miamiamiya

Post by miamiamiya » Feb 18th, '10, 14:44

I've been reading the manga,, and i think that'll be surely difficult to make such a live-action dorama regarding to this kind of manga.
however i really appreciate the people who made this drama. :thumright:
well, the story became different, but we know there're different 'language' between mangas and live-action movies. just like some other movies which is taken from their novels.
it isn't like comparing manga with anime anyway. they both have a same 'language'.
something like 'movie language' i think.. :roll

but for the casts, i actually prefer the others too . . :sweat:

GojiraFox

Post by GojiraFox » Feb 18th, '10, 18:24

I liked the manga very much but I am also not sure it made the transition to live-action in the best way it could

I'll keep watching and hoping for improvement

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 18th, '10, 21:06

i am watching this drama because since NWP i have developed some sort of crush on kame, so more or less i try to keep up with his dramas if they are interesting enough (yes, did not watch his wine tasting drama).

i think YNSH is one of those dramas that should be kept as a manga and NOT turned into live action drama. i really don't mind live action manga based dramas if they are made properly. like HYD and KWP. YNSH story is very believeble (with all its weirdness which i really don't mind at all) in form of manga but very hard to believe if it turned into real life drama.

i have not read te manga or seen the anime but i think i would like them more than the drama. the drama has so much over exaggerations that sometimes test my patience. it's just unbelieveable for a person like sunoko to be so much obsessed with every single torturing instrument. in reallife, this not normal and she sounds like a natural born killer or in the process to be one.

i got the fact that she has been rejected by a boy and was told her that she is ugly. this is not something unusual but you don't see girls with this experiene behaving like this.
of course we come back to the fact that this is only a drama and manga based drama too so we should not take everything happens here too serious and i don't. usually i love gothic/horror based mangas and animes and i prefer them over shoujo manga most of times. so you can't really say is because i don't like these types of stories.

again, i love kame but i really don't think that him and other three are casted properly as most gorgeous boys in that town that all girls are faiting over them. again, i reminding myself it's only a jdrama and i am gong along with it.

i have been watching this drama every week and to my astonishment i keep watching and i don't why. but i can't deny the fact that Aya is seriously getting on my nerve as sunoko. everytime she screams maboshii, i just want to give her a slap. :lol sorry (hiding away from aya fans) but she is very irritating in this drama. again, i know that is her character from the manga and how she bahaves all the time.

with all what i said, i am not suprised why its rating is dropping low and lower.
but i will finish this drama because it does have good scenes in each ep.
sorry if my rant was too long. 8)

enggrrl

Post by enggrrl » Feb 20th, '10, 22:05

I think that Aya is doing well flipping between regular Sunako and possessed/drugged Sunako. I just finished watching epi. 5 (valentines day episode) and there was some real tension between her and Kame.

I think the best parts for me were the two parts where Kyohei "escapes" the house in drag. What killed me was they went all out, wig, dress, fake nails. He was a half decent looking woman. :D

While I might not think the 4 male leads are the best choices, I think they're all playing their parts very well.

juzdiz

Post by juzdiz » Feb 22nd, '10, 13:18

I was expecting the Valentine episode to be a bit crazier than it was but I guess Kame in drag will do. But with that, I realized he looks more like a girl without the do over. So weird.

Episode 5 got too emo for my taste. Overall, since the manga and anime were very over-the-top anyway, I think this series would have worked better if they went the way of Hana Kimi. A lighter approach would've been much more entertaining.

Like how can Sunako get away without even a nosebleed while there are four half naked guys lying in a row in front of her? Honestly...

Ah well, can't help but continue watching. ^_^
Last edited by juzdiz on Feb 23rd, '10, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 22nd, '10, 21:24

enggrrl wrote:I think that Aya is doing well flipping between regular Sunako and possessed/drugged Sunako. I just finished watching epi. 5 (valentines day episode) and there was some real tension between her and Kame.

I think the best parts for me were the two parts where Kyohei "escapes" the house in drag. What killed me was they went all out, wig, dress, fake nails. He was a half decent looking woman. :D

While I might not think the 4 male leads are the best choices, I think they're all playing their parts very well.
yea I think that was the highlight of the drama for me too. I'm watching for Kame although I know he's not a great actor I don't know why I'm even doing it. Maybe cuz there's not many good dramas out this season. The 4 male leads don't really suite the "so handsome I'm gonna go crazy" character IMO. Although the tea guy isn't too bad. He looks nobbish enough to be the tea guy.

I had to do a double take when Kame dressed in drag. I didn't even realize it was Kame until the barista asked why he dressed that way. I was like..eh? That's Kame! LOL

AnonKuro

Post by AnonKuro » Feb 24th, '10, 04:54

the new episode was good :D
the part when kame got drunk was so cutee ^_^
the highlight of the episode was pretty much the fanservice :wub:
next episode looks EPICC :w00t:

enggrrl

Post by enggrrl » Feb 25th, '10, 01:55

That was a cute moment, wasn't it. The fanservice was good too. I'm probably the only one who's glad he cut his hair. I thought Kame looked really good in Gokusen The Movie with the shorter hair, I don't like the longer hair.

Uchi Hiroki (Oda) looks really different when his hair is wet and messed up compaired with all perfect.

AnonKuro

Post by AnonKuro » Feb 25th, '10, 02:01

enggrrl wrote:That was a cute moment, wasn't it. The fanservice was good too. I'm probably the only one who's glad he cut his hair. I thought Kame looked really good in Gokusen The Movie with the shorter hair, I don't like the longer hair.

Uchi Hiroki (Oda) looks really different when his hair is wet and messed up compaired with all perfect.
i love kame's shorter hair too :D personally i think kame with short hair is alot hotter than with long :wub: i liked it best in the host scene from the first episode though :roll

enggrrl

Post by enggrrl » Feb 26th, '10, 02:33

*high-fives AnonKuro*

The wig he was wearing in the host club was good. It also looks good when it's back in a ponytail.

AnonKuro

Post by AnonKuro » Feb 26th, '10, 03:39

*high fives back*
:offtopic:
so this is offtopic but i especially liked his hair in NWP it was wayy cute ^_^
and am i the only one who's particularly excited for the next episode? :w00t:
it just looks reallyy good and cutee :lol