BEST J-DRAMA KISS SCENES

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Darianasi

BEST J-DRAMA KISS SCENES

Post by Darianasi » Dec 27th, '09, 14:06

Best kiss was between Kai and Himeko
Last edited by Darianasi on Apr 5th, '11, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

haiii

Post by haiii » Dec 27th, '09, 14:57

As for me, the best JDRAMA kiss would be TAKUYAKIMURA X YUKO TAKEUCHI in PRIDE! :)
I swear, that was the most passionate JDRAMA kiss I've ever seen!

Darianasi

Post by Darianasi » Dec 27th, '09, 15:01

I really hate Japanese kisses that are just touch and the people have a frozen expression

eg. Mendol! Ikemen Idol! When Rei kisses Kai o.o That was just weird
Last edited by Darianasi on Dec 27th, '09, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

Darianasi

Post by Darianasi » Dec 27th, '09, 15:01

haiii wrote:As for me, the best JDRAMA kiss would be TAKUYAKIMURA X YUKO TAKEUCHI in PRIDE! :)
I swear, that was the most passionate JDRAMA kiss I've ever seen!
The way you describe it makes me wanna see PRIDE O.o what is it about if I can have a small summary? ^^

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Dec 28th, '09, 11:27

"Buzzer beat" - full of BEST KISSES ^o^ (people say that it is one of the top reasons why a person should watch it - next to a lot of great scenes of Yamashita Tomohisa - trust me : he has a body worth watching ;P)

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Dec 28th, '09, 22:20

Kitagawa Eriko dramas (i.e., Long Vacation, A Million Falling Stars, Orange Days, Beautiful Life, and maybe Tatta Hitotsu no Koi if we're grading on a curve) always seem to have GREAT kissing; I'm talking full on liplock. The dramas not written by her that have lived up to that level of kissing are few and far between, Buzzer Beat being one of them, as someone else said.

Basuha

Not many

Post by Basuha » Dec 28th, '09, 23:27

I think out of Japanese, Korean and TW drama that Japanese kisses are the worst. I don't watch much J-drama but I did enjoy one that did have a decent kiss and that was Buzzer Beat, and for J-movies this weekend I came across Josee, Tiger and Fish. beautiful movie and the kisses was more then I expected.

Without a doubt TW drama do the best kiss scene they really know how to a proper kiss. I'm never disappointed when I watch a TW do a kiss scene, I may be disappointed in the storyline and the acting but never the kisses :)

Vanstane

Post by Vanstane » Dec 29th, '09, 01:01

Koi no Chikara... the main guy kept his eyes open which was a little weird for me (a good portion of the kiss and not because he was surprised), but the kiss itself... woe. Though these are with older actors so if you're lookin' for the "pretty" boys and girls this series and kisses may not be for you. Orange Days is the only other drama that I can think of though. I haven't gotten to see Buzzer Beat yet, but I think I'll check it out as I have to agree... there aren't that many great Japanese kisses because they just touch lips it's not like they're really kissing and it kind of (in my opinion) takes away from the emotion and impact of the scene(s). I would agree though that TW kisses are better, with Korean kissing being just a tad better only because they are amazingly passionate.

Is the reason the Japanese kiss that way is the age of the characters? Or is it due to some kind of censorship rule?

mills

Best Ever!

Post by mills » Dec 29th, '09, 01:26

I agree that Kimura Takuya and Takeuchi Yuko had the best on screen kiss ever in Pride!!! That drama was just perfect in every way. Another good one is Love Story. That ending was so worth it!!!

taylor

Post by taylor » Dec 29th, '09, 01:56

Yamapi and Keiko in Buzzer Beat :thumright:

AiaNP

Post by AiaNP » Dec 29th, '09, 05:59

I agree with the idea that Takeuchi Yuko & Kimura Takuya's first kiss in PRIDE is possibly one of the more passionate on-screen kisses I've seen in a JDrama...
And what I love about it is that there are more emotions present than the simple "I want to kiss you"-type. You can easily see and feel the love, pain, struggle, realization, etc. that these two characters are going through...

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Dec 29th, '09, 10:44

PRIDE baby PRIDE :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:
haiii wrote: The way you describe it makes me wanna see PRIDE O.o what is it about if I can have a small summary? ^^
All here, dear: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Pride
SnowApple wrote:Kitagawa Eriko dramas (i.e., Long Vacation, A Million Falling Stars, Orange Days, Beautiful Life, and maybe Tatta Hitotsu no Koi if we're grading on a curve) always seem to have GREAT kissing; I'm talking full on liplock. The dramas not written by her that have lived up to that level of kissing are few and far between, Buzzer Beat being one of them, as someone else said.

I haven't seen Orange Days, but I agree with you on the other dramas you mentioned. I thought it was all KimuTaku mojo (rather than the way Kitagawa Eriko wrote the kissy-kissy moments), but I was pleasantly surprised to find the THnK kisses to be very sweet and nicely done. :thumleft: Kitagawa Eriko does have the magic touch.

I liked the BB kissing scene AS A WHOLE (the lead-in, the emotional buzz, the really cute touches of awkwardness and humor, etc.), but in terms of execution... YamaPi's lip action left much to be desired, IMO. (Tsk. Open up, sonny! Open UP!!! C'mere, let E.G. show you how, yesss? *pats lap* lolllz :twisted:)

Oh well. Not everyone can kiss like Kimura. :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

(Off-topic: Or Lee Byung-hun, for that matter. :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:)
Last edited by Ender's Girl on Dec 29th, '09, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

whitedove

Post by whitedove » Dec 29th, '09, 13:04

JaJe wrote:"Buzzer beat" - full of BEST KISSES ^o^ (people say that it is one of the top reasons why a person should watch it - next to a lot of great scenes of Yamashita Tomohisa - trust me : he has a body worth watching ;P)
Nah...Buzzer Beat is still lame, compared to Kimura-Takeuchi in PRIDE, or Kimura-Fukatsu in One Million Stars. Buzzer Beat's kisses are pretty lame compared to these 2 dramas. :) And Yamapi doesn't seem to know what he's doing either.

Or rather, Kimura Takuya triumphs over Yamashita Tomohisa in the art of on-screen kissing. :lol

taylor

Post by taylor » Dec 29th, '09, 13:54

whitedove wrote:
JaJe wrote:"Buzzer beat" - full of BEST KISSES ^o^ (people say that it is one of the top reasons why a person should watch it - next to a lot of great scenes of Yamashita Tomohisa - trust me : he has a body worth watching ;P)
Nah...Buzzer Beat is still lame, compared to Kimura-Takeuchi in PRIDE, or Kimura-Fukatsu in One Million Stars. Buzzer Beat's kisses are pretty lame compared to these 2 dramas. :) And Yamapi doesn't seem to know what he's doing either.

Or rather, Kimura Takuya triumphs over Yamashita Tomohisa in the art of on-screen kissing. :lol
Whatever he's getting old anyway.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 29th, '09, 14:31

Kimi wa petto is the ONLY jdrama that I have seen that actually had french kissing. Not the robotic "touch and hold" lip combo (its what I call it). I guess I have to watch some of the dramas mentioned above??? I wonder if they are full of "touch and hold" lip combos too? LOL.. jk.

Edit.. :w00t: well well well I saw a jdrama kissing scene MV Part 3 on youtube by gettora and there are bunches and bunches more dramas that have some deep passionationate kissing AND love scenes...whew. The first 2 minutes is a lot to see. I wish I knew the names to each drama for each scene though.

whitedove

Post by whitedove » Dec 29th, '09, 16:36

taylor wrote:
whitedove wrote:

So does Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt and Hugh Grant and Leo DiCaprio and Tom Cruise and a lot of others out there. Older means more experienced, or haven't you heard? :lol From the way you put out your (childish) comment anyway I take it that you haven't watched either Pride or One Million Stars? Then I guess suggesting a hot bedroom & kissing scene in Anata no Tonari ni Dareka Iru would be a no-no for you. :)

To be fair though, Buzzer Beat does have good kissing scenes but really, the best? Still not that far.

Oh yes, I mentioned Anata no Tonari ni Dareka Iru. Yes, that was pretty hot!
Last edited by whitedove on Dec 29th, '09, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 29th, '09, 16:38

OK. Although I have only scene one clip of each. My favorite jdramas for kissing...so far are:

Aishiteiru to Itte Kure
Byakuyakou
Majo no Jouken

I am downloading both on megaupload now :)

P.S. I am waiting to see more suggestions from others to watch.

whitedove

Post by whitedove » Dec 29th, '09, 16:44

iluvasiandrama wrote:OK. Although I have only scene one clip of each. My favorite jdramas for kissing...so far are:

Aishiteiru to Itte Kure
Byakuyakou
Majo no Jouken

I am downloading both on megaupload now :)

P.S. I am waiting to see more suggestions from others to watch.
Oh yes, good choices too! Older dramas of yesteryears (though Byakuyakou is not that old) do have better kissing scenes and better plot as well! :)

Byakuyakou's kissing scene was, both desperate and heartbreaking. :( Really done tastefully.

iluvasiandrama

Re: Not many

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 29th, '09, 17:00

Basuha wrote:I think out of Japanese, Korean and TW drama that Japanese kisses are the worst. I don't watch much J-drama but I did enjoy one that did have a decent kiss and that was Buzzer Beat, and for J-movies this weekend I came across Josee, Tiger and Fish. beautiful movie and the kisses was more then I expected.

Without a doubt TW drama do the best kiss scene they really know how to a proper kiss. I'm never disappointed when I watch a TW do a kiss scene, I may be disappointed in the storyline and the acting but never the kisses :)
I agree...All of the TW dramas I have seen have had believable kissing scenes. IMO Jdramas are next and then kdrama.

I have watched more kdrama than all others but the love scenes are not passionate. They are touch and hold and the actors appear to be bored with it immediately. The acting is superb though!

In fact, the only Kdrama that has a really passionate kissing scene was A Love to Kill w/Bi-Rain. I have yet to see another kdrama even come close.

The TW dramas that have very good kissing scenes were ISWAK, TKA (lots of mouth sweeping and OMG so romantic kissing YAY!) LOL. Fated to Love You, Romantic Princess, Corners with Love, Devil Beside you...and a few more.

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Dec 29th, '09, 18:23

iluvasiandrama wrote: P.S. I am waiting to see more suggestions from others to watch.
ORANGE DAYS, ORANGE DAYS!! :D During the love scene (or post-love scene, really), they also have a really great hug, and I love great hugs as much as I love great kisses. There aren't nearly enough good hugs in dramaverse. I need to write an editorial about it.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 29th, '09, 19:10

SnowApple wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote: P.S. I am waiting to see more suggestions from others to watch.
ORANGE DAYS, ORANGE DAYS!! :D During the love scene (or post-love scene, really), they also have a really great hug, and I love great hugs as much as I love great kisses. There aren't nearly enough good hugs in dramaverse. I need to write an editorial about it.
OMG I absolutely love great hugs too!!!! I have to go download Orange Days now. Thanks

nicha89

Post by nicha89 » Dec 29th, '09, 22:49

i liked the ones in majo no jouken

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Dec 30th, '09, 00:09

IMO my faves are

"Kimi wa Petto" - I mean a REAL kiss. Deep kiss! *squeee!*

"Majo no Jouken" - It was tender, gentle and really looked loving.

"Byakuyakou" - Something beautiful and creepy about those two. LOL But it was kinda hot.

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Dec 30th, '09, 00:25

i agree that the buzzer beat kisses are absolutely lame compared to Kimura Takuya's kisses! :wub:

that said i'd say the best kiss are from Kimura Takuya and Etsushi Toyokawa

Kimura Takuya in Long Vacation, Pride, One Million Star falling from the Sky, and Love Generation

Etsushi Toyokawa- Aishiteiru to Itte kure and Aoi Tori

taylor

Post by taylor » Dec 30th, '09, 00:31

whitedove wrote:
taylor wrote:
whitedove wrote:

So does Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt and Hugh Grant and Leo DiCaprio and Tom Cruise and a lot of others out there. Older means more experienced, or haven't you heard? :lol From the way you put out your (childish) comment anyway I take it that you haven't watched either Pride or One Million Stars? Then I guess suggesting a hot bedroom & kissing scene in Anata no Tonari ni Dareka Iru would be a no-no for you. :)

To be fair though, Buzzer Beat does have good kissing scenes but really, the best? Still not that far.

Oh yes, I mentioned Anata no Tonari ni Dareka Iru. Yes, that was pretty hot!
LIKE I SAID WHATEVER

TaroTard

Post by TaroTard » Dec 30th, '09, 01:32

Thought I'd contribute hee hee
First of all... TW kisses being the most passionate, disagee, I think they are all about the same. In my opinion it's all to do with the actors... the most passionate kisses I have seen are;

Pride - Japanese
Coffee Prince/ Goong - Korean (both using the same actress, my favourite K actress :))
Devil Does Exist - Taiwanese

All have been very passionate and I was impressed with... that's what a kiss should be, not a brush of the lips haha I have seen some really terrible ones mostly in TW drama, which is why I commented above. Though I have seen equally as bad ones in K and J drama so can't say much really ^_^ whenever I watch an Asian drama and they start to kiss I kinda hold my breath wondering if there is any movement, if there is I am happy if not I feel a bit cheated XDDDDDD I mean if it's a quick kiss, no movement is fine but when they just stay there for ages not moving, is it just me or does it start to feel awkward? LOLZ if they are gonna stay there they should move :PP

I think KimuTaku does quite a few of passionate kisses... in terms of Jdrama they should get him to do a class or something XDDDD

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 30th, '09, 01:50

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:IMO my faves are

"Kimi wa Petto" - I mean a REAL kiss. Deep kiss! *squeee!*

"Majo no Jouken" - It was tender, gentle and really looked loving.

"Byakuyakou" - Something beautiful and creepy about those two. LOL But it was kinda hot.
Agreed! :D
OMG I gasped at the kissing scenes in Kimi wa Petto. So far Aishiteiru To Itte Kure is very romantic and even the hugs are sincere and meaningful... so far so good. I will be watching Majo no Jouken and Byakuyakou next. I am glad someone created this discussion. I hope someone will post more jdramas with passionate kiss scenes. So far I am loving it!

koyuki-chan

Post by koyuki-chan » Dec 30th, '09, 01:55

Takuya Kimura and Yamaguchi Tomoko in Long Vacation with all the fireworks background :roll

a little bit off topic,
i just saw Sapuri (Suppli) where at the ending there was a kiss scene between Kame and Misaki Ito.. And I thought it is kinda funny.. instead of got moved, i laughed :p I just don't think they're good pair :scratch:

hasekyodaisuki

Post by hasekyodaisuki » Dec 30th, '09, 01:57

Can someone nominate Pride as the next JDrama of the week on d-addicts? I've never seen it :cry:

Kimura Takuya must be pretty good because I always thought his kiss with the adorably pouty Shibasaki Kou in Good Luck!! was pretty dang good.

What is with the Japanese? Can't they study Kimura Takuya 24/7?

How about a new thread for worst/most awkward JDrama kiss? Haha, it would bring down d-addicts.

Random J

Post by Random J » Dec 30th, '09, 02:28

Buzzer beat's kisses were a step up. Yamashita Tomohisa has come along way since that bloody awful kiss he gave in Stand up!! But I'm gonna have to agree that Kimi wa petto probably has some of the most convincing kisses. Even I was a little shocked when I saw a couple of them. I was like "Damn! They actually kissing like they WANT it from one another!" :lol So many J-drama's have had their scenes ruined by horrendous kisses that shouldn't even be called kisses at all.

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Dec 30th, '09, 02:55

i agree with most of ya j drama kissing is not the best but kissing in buzzer beat was good
and also i can see in j dorama the kissing scene usually so cold no warm emotion any way yamapi is da best i'm watching now tatta hititsu no koi and i'm gonna tell ya if i like the kissing scene in it or not but kaminashi in supli kissing scene was disaster i hatet it alot

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Dec 30th, '09, 14:41

So I made a little summary of this little "competition" :w00t: :
Believe it or not! The first place is a tie!!!!!!!!!
1) Buzzer Beat; PRIDE :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Believe it or not! The second place is a tie again!!!!
2) Long Vacation; Kimi wa Petto; Majo no Jouken :D:D:D:D:D
Believe it or not! The third place is a tie again!!!!
3) A million falling stars; Orange Days; Byakuyakou :D:D:D:D

it was a piece of work to get the results right :blink but I did it. I won´t tell anyone which drama how many votes has got. :mrgreen:

Hope that more people suggest dramas with great kissing scenes!!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 30th, '09, 15:31

Random J wrote:Buzzer beat's kisses were a step up. Yamashita Tomohisa has come along way since that bloody awful kiss he gave in Stand up!! But I'm gonna have to agree that Kimi wa petto probably has some of the most convincing kisses. Even I was a little shocked when I saw a couple of them. I was like "Damn! They actually kissing like they WANT it from one another!" :lol So many J-drama's have had their scenes ruined by horrendous kisses that shouldn't even be called kisses at all.
Agreed... Stand Up! - I watch the first episode and couldn't watch it any further. It was just too irritating even when I FF through the scenes. I just couldn't get into it. I did see a few clips of buzzer beat and the kisses were ok. There has to be more than the few dramas mentioned though... It seems like all of the passionate steamy kissing scenes (hugging and making out included) are in the older dramas. I guess I am still waiting for others to post some dramas that have not already been mention. :D

Mugatu

Post by Mugatu » Dec 30th, '09, 22:05

i like the one in nodame cantabile when chiaki let's nodame kiss him. hehe

Basuha

Nope,Tw-drama win without a doubt

Post by Basuha » Dec 31st, '09, 00:30

ok
Last edited by Basuha on Dec 31st, '09, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

Basuha

Re: Nope,Tw-drama win without a doubt

Post by Basuha » Dec 31st, '09, 00:32

Basuha wrote:
TaroTard wrote:Thought I'd contribute hee hee
First of all... TW kisses being the most passionate, disagee, I think they are all about the same. In my opinion it's all to do with the actors... the most passionate kisses I have seen are;

Sorry, but you are wrong there, kissing scenes in drama are not all the same, TW-drama are in a class of they own. I read the comments in the thread regarding J-drama it basically been the same 4 or 5 drama. As for k-drama they kisses have gotten a lot better, I have read numerous times K-drama like to keep that unrealistic purity in they drama so the kiss depend on the Director and the Network not the actor or actress. As for TW-drama it will always be a hit regardless who the actor or the actress they drama foundation is base on a good intimacy scenes. If you ever have the time watch behind the scenes of Fated To Love You, They kiss Again and Hi Sweetheart, by watching it you see that they kisses are instructed by the Director. The drama I stated were directed by different Directors but they all made the same comment the kiss need to be passionate and natural, and the actor and actress natural accepted of the instruction, when that happen you get great kiss scene in drama like FTLY, TKA and HSH.

I watch behind the scene of (k-drama Boys over flowers) when they was shooting the scene when the main characters kiss after he found her in the snowstorm. They shot the scene the first time and the it was a NG because the actor open his mouth during the kiss. The director jokily told the actor did I tell him to open your mouth? I laugh so hard my stomach hurt. I replayed that part about 10 times thinking it would have been so much better if they would have went with the natural kiss. That just an example of the restriction that K-drama have. In the special of Hong Gil Dong, the actor that played the prince and the main character in the drama Your are Beautiful stated that he wish that they kisses can be more passionate and natural. He stated in the drama Hong Gil Dong he push his lips out when he lean to kiss the lead actress to make it more natural. I'm stating these fact because you stated that it depend on the actor /actress and that not the case. It does clarify why he kisses are so different depend on the country. I think the chemistry depend on the actor/actress. In the drama ( World Within) they had good kiss scene but it fail because there was no chemistry between the two leads. In that situation no matter how good the kiss look if there no spark it just a bad kiss.
You can find the Special of Hong Gil Dong and the behind the scenes of Fated to Love You on Anztv and Hi sweetheart on youtube. After watching it you would understand why TW drama are in a league all they own when it come to kiss scene they direction is on a whole different level. See the list below of TW-drama, I don't think there a member who seen these drama will disagree with me that every kiss in these drama are natural, passionate, gentle and loving. There is always a reason behind my madness :D

1. It started with a kiss
2. They kiss again
3. Fated to love you
4. Devil beside you
5. Autumn's Concerto
6. Tokyo Juliet
7. Hi Sweetheart
8. Magic Ring
9. Marry me
10. Miss no good
I can go on and on listing more TW-drama great kiss scene, they don't just do one good kiss throughout the drama the kisses become better! :cheers:
Last edited by Basuha on Dec 31st, '09, 01:52, edited 2 times in total.

tracycutie

Post by tracycutie » Dec 31st, '09, 01:17

Kyoko Fukada and Takeshi Kaneshiro in Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake...loads of steamy and romantic kisses! :wub:

iluvasiandrama

Re: Nope,Tw-drama win without a doubt

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 31st, '09, 02:28

Basuha wrote:
Basuha wrote:

Sorry, but you are wrong there, kissing scenes in drama are not all the same, TW-drama are in a class of they own. I read the comments in the thread regarding J-drama it basically been the same 4 or 5 drama. As for k-drama they kisses have gotten a lot better, I have read numerous times K-drama like to keep that unrealistic purity in they drama so the kiss depend on the Director and the Network not the actor or actress. As for TW-drama it will always be a hit regardless who the actor or the actress they drama foundation is base on a good intimacy scenes. If you ever have the time watch behind the scenes of Fated To Love You, They kiss Again and Hi Sweetheart, by watching it you see that they kisses are instructed by the Director. The drama I stated were directed by different Directors but they all made the same comment the kiss need to be passionate and natural, and the actor and actress natural accepted of the instruction, when that happen you get great kiss scene in drama like FTLY, TKA and HSH.

I watch behind the scene of (k-drama Boys over flowers) when they was shooting the scene when the main characters kiss after he found her in the snowstorm. They shot the scene the first time and the it was a NG because the actor open his mouth during the kiss. The director jokily told the actor did I tell him to open your mouth? I laugh so hard my stomach hurt. I replayed that part about 10 times thinking it would have been so much better if they would have went with the natural kiss. That just an example of the restriction that K-drama have. In the special of Hong Gil Dong, the actor that played the prince and the main character in the drama Your are Beautiful stated that he wish that they kisses can be more passionate and natural. He stated in the drama Hong Gil Dong he push his lips out when he lean to kiss the lead actress to make it more natural. I'm stating these fact because you stated that it depend on the actor /actress and that not the case. It does clarify why he kisses are so different depend on the country. I think the chemistry depend on the actor/actress. In the drama ( World Within) they had good kiss scene but it fail because there was no chemistry between the two leads. In that situation no matter how good the kiss look if there no spark it just a bad kiss.
You can find the Special of Hong Gil Dong and the behind the scenes of Fated to Love You on Anztv and Hi sweetheart on youtube. After watching it you would understand why TW drama are in a league all they own when it come to kiss scene they direction is on a whole different level. See the list below of TW-drama, I don't think there a member who seen these drama will disagree with me that every kiss in these drama are natural, passionate, gentle and loving. There is always a reason behind my madness :D

1. It started with a kiss
2. They kiss again
3. Fated to love you
4. Devil beside you
5. Autumn's Concerto
6. Tokyo Juliet
7. Hi Sweetheart
8. Magic Ring
9. Marry me
10. Miss no good
I can go on and on listing more TW-drama great kiss scene, they don't just do one good kiss throughout the drama the kisses become better! :cheers:
IMO this is a great analysis...I too watched all the SP and Behind the Scenes. Wow, I don't think I could have put it into words the way you did. I like passionate love scenes you know... just like when the actors/actresses give their all in the crying/sad, fighting & arguing scenes, there should be a good balance in the love scenes as well.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 31st, '09, 02:31

tracycutie wrote:Kyoko Fukada and Takeshi Kaneshiro in Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake...loads of steamy and romantic kisses! :wub:
Hmm...I have to download kamisama mou sukoshi dake right away. :-)

Edit
Um, well I will download kamisama mou sukoshi dake but based on the reviews I think I may have to delay watching it since it is intensely emotional and a guaranteed tear-jerker is what most people said. I can't handle that much emotion right now since I just finsihed watching a few emotionally heart and gut wretching dramas all in a row :-( Shouldn't have done it..but o well. I don't think I could take another sob story. I don't have any more tears left to cry at the moment... :cry:

tracycutie

Post by tracycutie » Dec 31st, '09, 03:58

iluvasiandrama wrote:
tracycutie wrote:Kyoko Fukada and Takeshi Kaneshiro in Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake...loads of steamy and romantic kisses! :wub:
Hmm...I have to download kamisama mou sukoshi dake right away. :-)

Edit
Um, well I will download kamisama mou sukoshi dake but based on the reviews I think I may have to delay watching it since it is intensely emotional and a guaranteed tear-jerker is what most people said. I can't handle that much emotion right now since I just finsihed watching a few emotionally heart and gut wretching dramas all in a row :-( Shouldn't have done it..but o well. I don't think I could take another sob story. I don't have any more tears left to cry at the moment... :cry:
well i do hope you'd get to watch it eventually! yes it is sad but beautiful love story! I'm thinking of redownloading the batch again as I've left my files back home as I've gone abroad to study.

yobebi

Post by yobebi » Jan 1st, '10, 17:52

how come nobody mentioned ikuta toma and oguri shun in hana kimi? just kidding. but really, i was more moved with their kiss than with shun and horikita maki's hahahaha :D

i agree with what most of you said about Pride and Long Vacation :)

noobee

Post by noobee » Jan 1st, '10, 17:57

i think its in sapuri forgot the episode

jlo8

Post by jlo8 » Jan 1st, '10, 18:43

Definitely the one in Buzzer Beat!!!

From all angles, for japanese standards, the kissing scene IS NOT NORMAL AT ALL.

chrysanthemum

Post by chrysanthemum » Jan 1st, '10, 19:24

Love Revolution... :lol ...when they kiss under the trees in the rain.

That's always been my favorite kiss scene... not because of the rain, the trees, or the red umbrella... but because I think that was the first time the male lead (played by Fujiki Naohito) realized he was dealing with something big, something out of his control. Gosh, I love that scene!

Random J

Post by Random J » Jan 1st, '10, 20:06

A love to kill which featured Rain had one SERIOUS kiss in it. He damn near ate the girls' face! :lol That was the first Asian drama I saw where a kiss was more than an accidental robot lip bump.

GOING back to Buzzer beat :P I definitely think it featured not only some good convincing kisses, but nice intimate scenes between the Naoki and Riko. The scene of the 2 of them on the bed together was really nicely done, and it didn't feel forced or robotic as those kinds of scenes often tend to come off as in drama's - if they feature at all.

The scenes between Natsuki and Ren were also pretty well done. What kinda ruined Buzzer beat was that we still got some whack kisses. The first kiss Naoki gives Natsuki is a joke, as is the one Tomoya gives Riko. I know they're trying to show the lack of passion, but they showed it a little TOO well

chamcham

Post by chamcham » Jan 1st, '10, 20:33

Tsukushi and Doumyoji at the very end of the 2nd season of Hana Yori Dango.
Now THAT was a kiss. Tsukushi made the big bad tough Doumyoji-san look like a shy little boy.

Also, they way the kiss was done, you just know it would probably never happen in real life (at least not in Japan), which made it even better....

chrysanthemum

Post by chrysanthemum » Jan 1st, '10, 21:56

If you all keep talking about Buzzer Beat, I might just have to watch it! :D Let's see... dramawiki...

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jan 1st, '10, 23:34

chrysanthemum wrote:If you all keep talking about Buzzer Beat, I might just have to watch it! :D Let's see... dramawiki...
:lol Ditto!

Darianasi

Post by Darianasi » Jan 2nd, '10, 18:09

I d love to see a good yuri kiss that doesn't involve porn -.-

technohive

Post by technohive » Jan 3rd, '10, 14:11

What I only like when it comes to Japanese drama kiss is of Hanayori Dango Jun Matsumoto and Inoue Mao kiss coz it seems real and really sweet

shinkumi2

Post by shinkumi2 » Jan 18th, '10, 13:11

I haven't seen any torrid kissing in Asian dramas. Although I like the kiss between Makino and Dom Youji in Hana Yori Dango.

website promotions

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Jan 24th, '10, 11:44

Another vote for Kimura-Takeuchi's Pride. That whole scene in ep.6 was the most romantic scene I've ever seen in any dorama.

Kimura-Fukatsu in One Million Stars was very hot and sexy.

Kimura-Yamaguchi in Long Vacation was cute and sweet.

Basically, Kimura Takuya is the best kisser in jdorama. The way he kisses is just pure sex :D

falalalow

Post by falalalow » Feb 3rd, '10, 07:40

I HAVE TO AGREE! That was the first time I ever saw passion in a Jdrama kiss. Usually, they just touch lips but Keiko x Yamapi had such chemistry!!! :wub: Also they're scenes laying in the bed. That was just tooo cute!!

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Feb 3rd, '10, 11:01

nnnc wrote:Another vote for Kimura-Takeuchi's Pride. That whole scene in ep.6 was the most romantic scene I've ever seen in any dorama.

Kimura-Fukatsu in One Million Stars was very hot and sexy.

Kimura-Yamaguchi in Long Vacation was cute and sweet.

Basically, Kimura Takuya is the best kisser in jdorama. The way he kisses is just pure sex :D
Hear, hear! :lol

But I do wonder if Nagase Tomoya is also a good kissah? 'Coz everything about that beastie boy just screams SEX. :w00t: But I have no proof of it because all I ever see him do is butt heads with random dorama characters while giving his trademark over-the-top crazy-eyed snarl.

koyuki-chan wrote: a little bit off topic,
i just saw Sapuri (Suppli) where at the ending there was a kiss scene between Kame and Misaki Ito.. And I thought it is kinda funny.. instead of got moved, i laughed :p I just don't think they're good pair :scratch:
HAHAHAHAHAHA I LAUGHED TOO!!!! :tv: That, and the kiss in the vineyard (midway through the drama) were just so horrendously painful to watch. :crazy: Both kisses may just as well have been titled "Kame Smooches His Onee-chan" hahahahaha. :twisted:

That said, I wonder if this thread has an evil twin... Suckiest Onscreen Kisses? :whistling:

menaine

Post by menaine » Feb 4th, '10, 18:23

Ender's Girl wrote: That said, I wonder if this thread has an evil twin... Suckiest Onscreen Kisses? :whistling:
hahaha
I bet there will be so much list on that thread...loooong list :whistling:

algelic

Post by algelic » Feb 8th, '10, 15:39

I love this topic! :clap:

Thanks to all of you I managed to find a couple of good titles!

As a romance expert, I leave you my choices:

1 - Pride (good kissing more toward the end)
2 - Aishiteru to Itte Kure (lots of great kissing!)
3 - Love Revolution (kissing in the rain, YEAH)
4 - Long Vacation (good kissing in the latter half)
5 - Love Shuffle (the best kisses are in the end)
6 - Byakuyako (tragic but with a few good kisses)

Rumored (as in, people have recommended me but I haven't watched yet):
- Love and Eros
- Kamisama, mou Sukoshi Dake
- Love 2000

I keep seeing "Buzzer Beat" recommended in this thread... but I totally disagree. The few kisses there sucked, except for the very last one!

It seems that characters in Jdramas have forgotten how to kiss as the years go by. If you watch a drama from the 90s, the kissing is GREAT... but recent dramas barely have some smacked lips.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 14th, '10, 02:29

A Japanese blog that recaps hot kisses in Japanese dramas AND stageplays:
http://kissscene.blog24.fc2.com/

Wow, Moriyama Mirai and Ueno Juri were kissing without any clothes on! Looks good! :lol

Takeda Shinji and Hinagata Akiko's passionate kissing scene looked very good too.

I personally love Karasawa Toshiaki and Matsu Takako's kiss in RONINGAI stageplay :roll

Ah, sorry for being off-topic. It's a stageplay ne XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 14th, '10, 20:58

Exactly on Valentine's Day^^!!

Sorry, I'm watching with two friends Hana yori dango, yes, alone, yes, with sake, and yes, on Valentine's Day after hard two-day science seminar.
What a miserable life...
Thanks for this topic anyway, at least passionate kisses on screen not in real life, eh...

Update: We just finished HYD 2. where was that kiss??

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Feb 15th, '10, 01:31

Hmmm... my favorite onscreen kiss is in Nagai Nagai Satsujin. It isn't about romance... it's pure seduction, and Tanihara Shosuke can really kiss! :wub: If they'd had his character kiss Aki like that in Pride, I might have understood why she kept going back to that darned bridge for 2 years. :P

Also loved the kisses in:

Long Vacation
Pride
Kimi wa Petto
Anata no Tonari ni Dareka Iru
Kodoku no Kake (Ito Hideaki did some passionate kissing in a love scene at the end of the first episode.)
Aishiteru to Itte Kure

@Ethlenn

I don't remember a big kiss at the end of HYD2. I'm thinking that chamcham may have been thinking of the movie.
That said, I wonder if this thread has an evil twin... Suckiest Onscreen Kisses? :whistling:

Not sure anything could be suckier than Yamapi and Aibu Saki kissing in Buzzer Beat. Even for a kiss that was supposed to be lacking, it was too awful to be believed. Then when she asked him to do it again (because even she couldn't believe a kiss could be that horrific), it got even worse! Any man who is that passionless is just asking to get dumped. How could her character not start looking for it elsewhere?

pinkporca

Post by pinkporca » Feb 15th, '10, 02:39

The best was Matsumoto Jun in Kimi Wa Pet when he kissed her at the vending machine. That was hot for Japanese kissing.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 15th, '10, 02:56

Well... the suckiest kiss for me, was Kusanagi Tsuyoshi and Fujiwara Norika in Star no Koi. It was suppose to be a happy end kiss but gee, its awful. And this pairing has zero chemistry.

Denkira

Post by Denkira » Feb 15th, '10, 17:21

I just loved the Hana Yori Dango, at the end of the first season *___* :wub:
Also, Buzzer Beat one was just amazing. And I haven't seen Kimi no Petto, but I've watched a vid of the kiss at the vending machine and it's just...hot *__*

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 15th, '10, 18:04

pinkporca wrote:The best was Matsumoto Jun in Kimi Wa Pet when he kissed her at the vending machine. That was hot for Japanese kissing.
You're god damn right!
That was something. :mrgreen:
But it wasn't nice kiss overall, it was angry one. :wub:
Last edited by Ethlenn on Feb 15th, '10, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

Tass

Post by Tass » Feb 15th, '10, 18:22

They all kiss like dead fish in j-doramas :-(

Klance88

Post by Klance88 » Feb 16th, '10, 02:05

Best J-drama kiss i've seen was between Hasegawa Kyoko and Takizawa Hideaki at the stadium in Boku Dake no Madonna

It really looked like they were enjoying it.
Of course he was kissing Hasegawa Kyoko so he had to enjoy it! I would!

:P

saayan

Post by saayan » Mar 7th, '10, 10:54

Nagase Tomoya used to do plenty of hot kissing scenes back in the day. Check these out: :wub: (courtesy of the awesome darkeyedwolf)

(not exactly safe for work)
Love & Eros: http://community.livejournal.com/rainscene/19246.html
IWGP: http://community.livejournal.com/rainscene/7045.html

His more recent kiss scenes have been pretty tame compared to those. Such a shame. XD

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Apr 28th, '10, 14:51

Narimiya Hiroki nailed it this time :whistling: Even though it´s not a jdorama, I think it also counts. There was a keitai drama named "Sweet Room" (There was three different stories, Narimiya´s was "Last Love"), where Narimiya Hiroki had an amazing kissing scene (it was actually more than just kissing :roll )
If you want to see it, then it´s also in Tohoshinki´s "Stand by U" music video.
You can watch it from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVuQWvijnZM

sansukini

Post by sansukini » May 5th, '10, 06:08

The best jdrama kiss for me would be the kiss between Kimura Takuya and the leading lady in the drama "PRIDE. Yeah most jdrama actors kisses like fish! Same with most kdrama.

sansukini

Post by sansukini » May 5th, '10, 06:13

Oh oh! It's not a drama but I so love the kiss between Tamaki Hiroshi and Aoi Miyazaki on Tada, Kimi wo Aishiteru. Now that's a kiss. Makes you hot and sweaty. Plus, soooo romantic.
Attachments
ssss.jpg
ssss.jpg (182.47 KiB) Viewed 18634 times

JaJe

Post by JaJe » May 5th, '10, 13:52

sansukini wrote:Oh oh! It's not a drama but I so love the kiss between Tamaki Hiroshi and Aoi Miyazaki on Tada, Kimi wo Aishiteru. Now that's a kiss. Makes you hot and sweaty. Plus, soooo romantic.
Aww Yeah it was really enjoyable kiss scene ^o^!!!!!!!

TLab3000

Post by TLab3000 » Aug 2nd, '10, 20:49

Darianasi wrote:I really hate Japanese kisses that are just touch and the people have a frozen expression
Could it be that it's really a bit like that in real life? I mean... do they kiss less intensely than we do?
Serious question - because I really don't have a clue.

thorned_sakura

Post by thorned_sakura » Aug 5th, '10, 14:06

i think virtually every kiss with takuya is great...like most people on this thread, i consider him as one of the, if not the best kisser in jdorama-dom! :wub:

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Aug 5th, '10, 17:31

Dont kill me :P

But I like the ending kiss in Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi He, between Kamenashi Kazuya (Kame <3) and Oomasa Aya

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Aug 5th, '10, 17:58

haruhi-san wrote:... I like the ending kiss in Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi He, between Kamenashi Kazuya (Kame <3) and Oomasa Aya
That actually is a nice kiss, especially for an idol comedy.

Jayme8me

Post by Jayme8me » Aug 5th, '10, 18:30

haruhi-san wrote:Dont kill me :P

But I like the ending kiss in Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi He, between Kamenashi Kazuya (Kame <3) and Oomasa Aya
Totally Agree :thumleft:
But I'm sad it's too new to be in these vids :cry:

Here are some vids that I hope will help everyone be on the same page: