[Discussion] Magerarenai Onna (Kanno Miho)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Issy

[Discussion] Magerarenai Onna (Kanno Miho)

Post by Issy » Jan 27th, '10, 13:51

I could not see any discussion thread for this drama so i thought of making one.

Cast:

Kanno Miho as Ogiwara Saki
Nagasaku Hiromi as Hasumi Riko
Tanihara Shosuke as Aida Mitsuteru
Tsukamoto Takashi as Sakamoto Masato
Ichikawa Tomohiro (市川知宏) as Imada Kenji
Nose Anna as Yokoya Satomi
Nishioka Tokuma as Chief Mashino
Asaka Mayumi as Ogiwara Hikari
Yamaguchi Makiya
Takabayashi Yukiko
Takahashi Yumiko

Synopsis (as in wiki)

Ogiwara Saki, 33, is a woman who does not go with the flow of society but forges her own path. She hates flattering men and trying to be nice to people of the same sex. She has failed the bar exam ten times in a row but persists in her dream of being a lawyer while working as a clerk at a law firm. Saki’s good friend, Hasumi Riko, who is a mother of two children, was high school classmates with Saki, but is in fact 35, because she had deliberately declared herself to be two years younger. She has no qualms of lying for the sake of female happiness, pretending to be married to a man of wealth and blessed with children. Because her personality is the exact opposite, this accentuates Saki’s uncompromising way of life.

I really liked its first 2eps. i thought it would be just like anyother legal dramas with a case in each ep to be solved. although it does have a legal story (so far) in each ep and the fight for proving right or wrong but also, saki's character (Miho Kanno) is very interesting. twists and turns in its first 2eps have been very exciting and it does take you by suprise. i started watching this drama because i like Kanno Miho and of course Tanihara Shusuke but other characters have been interesting too.

All thanks to Heiwa fansub team for providing us such a fast and great subs in such short time. they are doing soft and hard subs (HD & SD versions) at the same time. GREAT WORK GUYS. Thanks a million :salut:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 29th, '10, 11:14

this drama is LOL >.< Kanno is so funny in here! *she hardly smiles and always expressionless but her actions are just really adorable and funny*

especially when she starts dancing a bit whenever she's stressed with Michael Jackson tunes. totally cracks me up!

ssih

Post by ssih » Jan 29th, '10, 12:29

This is the first show I've seen Kanno in, and I'm an instant fan. I'm stockpiling older shows she's been in for when I have more time.

Her character is very robotic. She kind of reminds me of Nobuta a little. Pure of heart, but socially inept.
I've been trying to predict where the romantic angle(s) are going. At the end of the first episode, her boyfriend had been such a jackass, so I figured maybe she'd hook up with the cop. But after the second, the boyfriend was apologetic and they're painting him in a nicer light, so perhaps she'll get back together with him. And now Hasumi and the cop are developing an interesting relationship, so maybe something's going on there.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 29th, '10, 15:55

oh, thanks goodness i see some activity in this thread. i thought no one is interested in this drama which i thought was strange considering all the comments of raw and sub threads :mrgreen:
i am really liking kanno's character. somehow it's so believable with its all weirdness. and the Michael Jackson dance in each ep is so unexpected and damn hillarious. you would think a person like saki would de-stress this way.
i am also trying to guess about her loev interest by the end
eventhough is somehow hard for me to see a person like saki getting married at the end. maybe not marriage but i like her to be with Mitsuteru (Tanihara). please god let it be :P but i also can see that there some sort of relationship is starting between hasumi and him and i wonder if it is heading that way.

isbes83

Post by isbes83 » Jan 29th, '10, 16:32

I agree with you Issy!

cantabileblue

Post by cantabileblue » Jan 29th, '10, 20:11

I really I'm enjoying this drama right now. I like the way all character are coming together, I specially like the lead actress, so fun.
I been wondering why there's not so much movement in this treat, but among all the dramas for this season this is the best drama (at least for me) so far.
In a way the thing I like the most its the way they handled the aftermath of the “happy ending”, also showed, quite realistically, the flaws in individuals that lead to break-ups, like in the case of Riko, who its experiencing all the troubles in a marriage soon to end. It´s a little sad to watch her trying to teach Saki about a "women happiness" when its clearly that she its no happy at all, In a way I think its her way to try to avoid her own reality, a way to escape from reality.
I think its a bit early to expect how its going to end, but I hope they´ll end things in accord with Saki´s beliefs, not just the "happy ending", all romantic dramas always had.

johnjeon

Post by johnjeon » Jan 29th, '10, 23:53

ssih wrote:This is the first show I've seen Kanno in, and I'm an instant fan. I'm stockpiling older shows she's been in for when I have more time.
All I have to know about a Japanese TV show or movie is that Miho Kanno is in it and
I will be watching it. Even though some of them aren't really great, Miho's performance
is always enjoyable. I watched the first season of Ooku even though there were no
subs, just for her performance. I really hope "Saka no Ue no Kumo" gets subbed since it
looks to be good.

I haven't seen any of "Magerarenai Onna" yet since I usually wait until I have the entire
series before watching it but this is sounding so good I may not be able to hold off.

antspace

Post by antspace » Jan 30th, '10, 00:43

I'm also a great fan of kanno Miho. I can recommend most drama's that she's in, just because it's her. This is the best series with her in it that I've seen till now though! You can see this kind of character developing since Hataraki Man (strongly recommended) and Kiina (like that one a bit less, but still fun). She plays fiercely independant women!
I'm very curious for Saka no Ue no Kumo too, but waiting for subs. My favorite roll by her is still Dolls from Takeshi Kitano. That's very sad though...
I think she's by far the best actress around in J Dorama, and Ueno Juri, but that's another story :-)

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jan 30th, '10, 01:50

Contrary to the preference shown in this thread, Nagasaku Hiromi and Tanihara Shosuke's characters were instant show-stealers for me. I just love their chemistry with Saki and how they always casually address her with あんた.

menaine

Post by menaine » Feb 6th, '10, 21:04

this is my first Kanno miho's drama
so far i love this series
chokubi wrote:Contrary to the preference shown in this thread, Nagasaku Hiromi and Tanihara Shosuke's characters were instant show-stealers for me.
me too
ssih wrote: Her character is very robotic. She kind of reminds me of Nobuta a little. Pure of heart, but socially inept.
this make me think, the cop is a bit Akira for his crazies-act, but deep down his heart he is a really kind person
and the boyfriend is abit Shuji for his clumsy, serious and care about the girl so much

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 7th, '10, 09:01

oh my, this thread has been quiet again. :O i meant to write after watching ep3.
at the moment waiting for ep4 subs and i really ca't wait to see what happens between saki and Aida.
i was one of those to think there might be more to what we think in him and saki's friend relation but now with Aida clrealy showing signs of love and affection towards saki, i am so happy. next ep will be so interesting to watch as the rivalry between the two will start.
i am liking the pace of this drama. we so sad to see what happened in ep3 and really made me :cry: it does not drag at all.
as for kanno miho, i just realised that i have watched lots of her dramas. maybe not for her sake (almost for her co-star that reminds me she was Tanihara's girl friend in Watashitachi no Kyokasho) and i always liked her character. one of the best actresses out there.

ssih

Post by ssih » Feb 9th, '10, 17:58

Well, I truly hope that the lack of activity in this thread isn't indicative of the number of people watching it. This is the best show I've seen in a few seasons.

Ep 4 spoilers...
It's nice to see things turning around for Saki. I still don't see her and Aida together. I honestly don't understand why he thinks he likes her. He has about as much in common with her as he does with her dog. Perhaps there's just something that he admires in her, and he's mistaking that for romantic affection. I still see him hooking up with Riko, but so many jdramas that I've seen have had the ending come with no real relationship wrap-up. The finale might come and go with the three of them continuing to be no more than friends. Time will tell.

In the shows that I've seen, the Japanese haven't been very good at choreographing fight scenes, but that was the girliest fight I've ever seen. Perhaps it was that way intentionally, considering Riko's remarks afterwards. I thought it was a scream that she just laughed through the whole thing.

Is she pulling for either of those guys to get together with Saki, or does she just like setting up the situations and watching the drama?

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 9th, '10, 21:56

ssih wrote:Well, I truly hope that the lack of activity in this thread isn't indicative of the number of people watching it. This is the best show I've seen in a few seasons.

Ep 4 spoilers...
It's nice to see things turning around for Saki. I still don't see her and Aida together. I honestly don't understand why he thinks he likes her. He has about as much in common with her as he does with her dog. Perhaps there's just something that he admires in her, and he's mistaking that for romantic affection. I still see him hooking up with Riko, but so many jdramas that I've seen have had the ending come with no real relationship wrap-up. The finale might come and go with the three of them continuing to be no more than friends. Time will tell.

In the shows that I've seen, the Japanese haven't been very good at choreographing fight scenes, but that was the girliest fight I've ever seen. Perhaps it was that way intentionally, considering Riko's remarks afterwards. I thought it was a scream that she just laughed through the whole thing.

Is she pulling for either of those guys to get together with Saki, or does she just like setting up the situations and watching the drama?
yes, i have to admit that
even though i kind of like aida and saki (i really don't know for what reasons though) but i see that these two have no common interest. where as riko and him, have tones. not to mention how they understand eachother so perfectly. somehow i think she go back to her ex even though he might end up cheating on her. well, technically is not cheating because he is no longer with her at the moment.

ssih

Post by ssih » Feb 12th, '10, 23:40

Episode 5...
Ok, now I have no idea who's hooking up with who. I still don't see Aida with Saki, but now it's looking like Riko is going to try to be with her kids more, which isn't conducive to dating. At this point, I think the smart money is that no one ends up with anyone.

I'm also a little confused about her test application. Did she get it in on time? If not, does that mean she's out for this year?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 13th, '10, 08:17

I somehow think she will end up back with Masato. After Masato dates the OL, he will realize he can't forget Saki and will try to propose to her again. Third time might be lucky? Saki will finally pass her bar exam and they both get married.

Aida will realize his feelings for Saki isn't really love. I don't see them having anything in common. He just seems bored. Girls are too easy for him to chase and Saki seems to act indifferently towards him so she's a challenge. Aida just seems to flightly towards love IMO. Once he's bored, he'll find someone else.

xploring

Post by xploring » Feb 13th, '10, 08:38

ssih wrote:Episode 5...
I'm also a little confused about her test application. Did she get it in on time? If not, does that mean she's out for this year?
I think she did get it in on time. If she didn't, they would let the audience know, since the finale probably has something to do with the result of the exam.

I quite enjoy this one, Kanno Miho and Nagasaku Hiromi were both very good I thought. The romance subplot made no particular impression on me though, and I am not really sure why Masato still appears in this drama.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 13th, '10, 16:20

I think Masaki is still part of the show because he's still involved with Saki even if they broke up. Seriously though, if Masaki didn't love Saki so much, it's incomprehensible he would stay with her for so long. After all those years, most guys would have broken up with the girl a long time ago if the girl didn't sleep with him. Or he would have cheated on her and dated girls on the side. They wouldn't have even broke up and he would still keep on waiting if the busy body wife didn't stick her nose into their business.

As for the romance part being a subplot. It's part of the plot because it's one of the issues Saki has to deal with in life. I think the wife will get her family back too and the husband will stop cheating when he realizes how important his wife is. However, whether she will take him back is another matter.

ssih

Post by ssih » Feb 13th, '10, 16:31

And someone's got to get rid of that passive-aggressive mother-in-law somehow.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Feb 13th, '10, 16:42

i like the way she dances at the end of each episode... haha so funny :)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 15th, '10, 05:38

After watching ep5, I'm starting to question why Masato character was put in the drama.
I really thought Masato cared about Saki? After 10 years, he's suddenly going to marry the first girl who is interested in him? O_o He seems jealous that Aida always hangs around Saki, but he doesn't seem to fight for her too. Aida is a high ranking officer, but that doesn't mean Saki would be interested in him. I really don't understand...

As for Aida. I kinda felt bad for him when Saki said she wanted to be friends. But it's nice he accepts it and stays by her side anyhow. Unlike Masato.

I find the husband is a loser. I think the girl he is dating probably wants his money. She will dump him after she finds a better catch or take off with his money. Riko needs to learn how to become independent though. I doubt the kids will want to stay with her at this rate. She knows nothing about them and runs away at the first sign of trouble. She can't take care of the kids. Of course, the grandmother doesn't know how to take care of the kids either. They don't seem have any manners. Saki should take them under her wing and instruct them LOL

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 15th, '10, 09:54

you are right about masato
i thought he was right when he was in raige after saki's rejection because he was with her all these years and now she just rejects him like this. but when he started going out with other girl just because aida was always there, it confused me so much. you think that for someone being in love for 10 years and been rejected, it takes much longer time to be able to forget about the other half.
not to mention that he thinks saki will never pass her exam. i think she is very handy for him that'e why he is with her. i mean, she is so good in her work. collecting data, knowing the laws and very dedicated to her work. he has been using her expertise for all these years. i think he would feel jealous (and maybe threatened) if she pass as she would be much better lawyer.

as for aida, we talked about how him and saki don't seem to have much in common and i agreed before. but now that i see them together, i think is ok because you don't to have common interest to fall in love with someone. i think is just we could not see how a person like aida starts loving a person like saki. when she told him that she wants to be friend, i don't think she meant she does not like him (unfortunately that's how aida thought when she told him but i think he will know the truth in next ep as seen in preview). it's just that she needs a true friends more in her life right now than a lover or husband (when everyone thinks apposite to her and think she needs to get married)

what worries me now that i think saki suffers from the same heart problem as her mom. i am thinking that i hope they keep her alive by the last ep. :-(

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Feb 15th, '10, 15:31

Up till where the story is in episode 5...
I, too, find Masato quite misplaced within the flow of the story. First of all, his early appearance in the show sorta gave an impression that he played a more leading and influential role on Saki's life, but that didn't/hadn't happen (much). That Aida, whose existence into Saki's life was very recent, was able to change Saki more than Masato did, really contradicted the "fact" that he was with her from college days up until present day, totaling 10 whole years.

The part where Masato secretly wanted Saki to not pass the bar exam and remain as his paralegal assistant, also contradicted his other actions where he was portrayed as a very caring, observant "partner" who was suppose to have Saki's best interests as heart. He might have blurted those words out in the fit of anger, but to me it doesn't quite add up.

As for Riko's hubby-woes, I personally would assume that she neglected him/took his existence for granted, which resulted in him straying. I think it's a safe assumption because of the same way she treated her kids, that her huge and expensive wardrobe sorta reflected her shopping addiction, and her overall behavior around him didn't seem very wife-like at all. But Riko's family problems aside, I found it weird that it deviates the main story and doesn't quite compliment to Saki's situation, yet taking up quite a good amount of air time. If they wanted to bridge Saki's relationship with Riko I think they could have done it differently. (Correct me if I'm wrong here.)

But despite all that, I'm still quite impressed with Nagasaku Hiromi and Tanihara Shosuke's acting, and their witty dialogues.
Last edited by chokubi on Feb 15th, '10, 17:21, edited 3 times in total.

ssih

Post by ssih » Feb 15th, '10, 15:42

Toward the end of the episode, Aida meets Saki on the street. They're standing in front of some trees where each branch is lined with lights - very striking effect. Last night, I watched an episode of "Kiina", and a scene appears to have been shot in the same location with the lit trees.

Does anyone know if this is a famous park in Japan or something? Or is this sort of tree lighting common? Seems like it would be incredibly labor-intensive.

antspace

Post by antspace » Feb 15th, '10, 17:52

I think masaki doesn't have much of a chance. Can't stand Masato anyway! To go further on the scenario of him using her as his assistant, I think he could well be at the root of her not succeding her bar exams all these times. Maybe even actively (conspiracy much)!

I don't know about aidasaki. They don't seem to complement eachother much, but are both in a process of change. I wouldn't mind it really.

Soooo... maaaybe... a third person will show up and snatch her away :whistling:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 15th, '10, 20:55

ssih wrote:Toward the end of the episode, Aida meets Saki on the street. They're standing in front of some trees where each branch is lined with lights - very striking effect. Last night, I watched an episode of "Kiina", and a scene appears to have been shot in the same location with the lit trees.

Does anyone know if this is a famous park in Japan or something? Or is this sort of tree lighting common? Seems like it would be incredibly labor-intensive.
I can't recall how the scene looked exactly, but it sounds like you're describing Harajuku. Were there bridges nearby as well? I know along Harajuku, there's a tree lined street that traffic goes by and every so often there's a bridge for people to cross over. Those trees are lined with lights at night.

As for Masato using Saki. Somehow he doesn't seem to be using her. If he was using her and didn't actually like her. He could have dated other girls on the side. She wouldn't know any better anyhow since she's at home studying all the time. Anyhow, it is Saki's job responsibility to support him since she's his paralegal. She's just a very diligent worker who puts in over 100% effort on her job. Even if they didn't date, he could still hire her as his helper. He didn't really need to date her to keep her as a helper.

Riko's life is shown in contrast to Saki's life. Saki is alone but not unhappy and tells things the way they are. Riko is the total opposite. She lies and although she's married, she's unhappy. Some people seem to think in order to be happy, one must marry and live happily ever after. Riko is trying to impose her lifestyle on Saki but convincing her to get married. Saki faces life head on while Riko runs away and avoids the situation. They have opposite personalities, yet bond together to become friends. Showing how the two are living their lives depicts the contrasting ways people live their lives.

The question probably on female's mind is; Iis marriage a solution to become happy? (have kids and a loving husband who stands by you But it might end up hell when the love is gone) Is being alone the solution to be happy? (just having friends instead of dealing with marriage)

Regarding the possibility that Saki is the issue of the family problem. It's hard to say. Saki is a failure as a mother. However I don't know if she failed her job as a wife too. Did she attempt to understand her husband and be there for him? Who knows. Sometimes, the husband just wants to find a younger, more attractive woman so he can feel younger.

antspace

Post by antspace » Feb 15th, '10, 22:27

Heh! tried to set of a little conspiracy bomb, but Seirin completely took the sting out of it.
I did mean to say Masato was using her to make advances at his career, not so much cheating at love though. It had kinda been suggested by Issy and Chokubi before, and I liked the idea of him being an evil nemesis in disguise. :P

Saki feels that he's helped her and stood by her all the while. I just get the feeling that this may not be entirely true. Haven't seen him helping her much. So what did happen in all the 9 years they worked together? As I was saying, I am a little biased. ; )

Seirin makes a very valid point about Riko being the opposite of Saki. Saki would be incapable of telling a lie the (very straight) way she is. It also makes her blunt. It even makes her lose her job and her relationship. Well, she is the unbendable woman. :-) But Riko is also losing because she is the opposite. It is escapism vs. unyieldingness (is that even a word?).

At first I was a bit annoyed about Riko and her many schemes, but it did make Saki's life a lot more interesting and it's nice to see everyone (maybe even Masato at some point) opening up.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 15th, '10, 22:57

Sometimes it's not so much doing something for someone but rather "being there" for someone. It's up to Saki to pass her bar exam. No one can help her. It's kind of odd that she studies so hard and documents everything, yet she can't pass her exam. I guess maybe it's because she's unbendable? She knows her laws, but sometimes there's loop holes in them as well. Memorizing laws and applying them are different. Masato probably knows how to apply it better than Saki so that's why he passed?

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 15th, '10, 23:22

I think we keep suspecting masato and think evil of him is because his character and personality is not been well explained so far. even though he had been wit saki for 10 years, we still not sure about what kind of relationship they had.
where as with aida, you kind of figure out his character straight away. i was shocked to find out that his cop in the first place let alone a chief.
i didn't mean that he was an evil person trying to use saki for his progress, i meant that it is very convenient for him for saki to stay as paralegal. i have to admit that i have been wondering about how saki has not passed her exam when she was the one teaching masato the right way of passing. i keep thinking that there are more reasons in her failing than just not been ready enough for the exams. considering her studing and even applying the law to each case.

i also like what seirin said about saki and riko having apposite personality. if you are married you think what a great life a single person has and if you are single, think happy you will be if you get married and have kids. in case of riko, she kept saying she is happy to everyone because she was not but because she has a rich husband and great kids, everyone expect her to be happy.

there is definitely a problem with saki's up bringing by her mother. i too wondered about this aspect of saki's life too. i mean her mother is very dedicated teacher that wanted to spend all her time with her students even she is very ill. but when it came to her own daughter, she has neglected her so much that she ended up not even knowing what is the meaning of true friend or how to make friends with people. that's why i think her mom was not as great as she thought she was.

fadestory

Post by fadestory » Feb 16th, '10, 00:47

This is one of my favorite dramas that I'm currently watching and a lot of it has to do with the chemistry between the characters. Although I initially found Riko annoying, once I realized that in some weird way that she was trying to help Saki I felt better about her. Riko's story is the one of storylines I hope to see come to a satisfactory conclusion.

I adore Aida especially when he wasn't just a womanizer but also a good police chief. That really cracked me up. I'm unsure about him being attracted to Saki, though. I'll see how that works out.

Masato weirds me out. Why did he stay with Saki so long and now easily moves on to another relationship? Why does he sound interested when he hears that Saki still cares for him? I just don't get his character so he makes me suspicious especially since he often remains quiet and removed from the others. Hrm.

And, of course, I like Saki's unbending belief in justice. I hope she can pass the stupid bar exam already so that she can finally move on with things like eating cheese!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 16th, '10, 01:12

I'm starting to think maybe Masato also has a problem. He might suffer from low self-esteem or inferiority complex. Although he's a lawyer I feel maybe he thinks he's not good enough for Saki. He realizes his short comings like he's not as mature as she is and probably self conscious about their age difference. Aida is older and more mature and he has a high ranking job. He is in a better situation to take care of Saki financially and emotionally. Masato dates the office OL cuz she is interested in him and I think he feels less insecurity since he can act immature infront of her and she wouldn't mind. There's also no love competition. She is also less unbending as Saki and less intelligent. She's more womanly. I guess the type of girl guys like. Although I think he still prefers Saki, it's hard to match up to her. Especially with strong competition which he realizes he can't beat. If you stand in Masato's shoes, it's similar to a girl. If a date a guy for 10 years and the guy rejects marrying you. Do you think the guy would some day marry you at all? Should you continue waiting? Most would move on even if they still liked the person. Few may continue waiting but they would be labeled as a foolish love.

I still question Aida's love for Saki. It's easy for guys to promise to love and take care of you. But it's harder to keep the promise. Like Riko's husband who also promised to love and cherish her, his love drifted. Aida realizes the reality nothing lasts forever. So he's cynical about marriage. Can Aida really give Saki happiness? Or is it one of his fades.

I suspect there's probably a question on the bar exam that says something like "how would you defend your client who is accused of rape / murder (or whatever) who has previous allegations or something" Saki would probably not bend her principle and say she won't protect the client. However, that is not for her to decide. Her job is to defend the client. Whether the accused is innocent or guilty is up to the court to decide. The statue is of a person with a blind fold holding a balance. People are innocent until proven guilty. However if Saki believes that the person is guilty before being charged, then that might be causing her downfall?

antspace

Post by antspace » Feb 16th, '10, 18:56

If you stand in Masato's shoes, it's similar to a girl. If a date a guy for 10 years and the guy rejects marrying you.
TWICE! :lol I like it that you compare him with a girl, dunno just like it :D
Do you think the guy would some day marry you at all? Should you continue waiting? Most would move on even if they still liked the person. Few may continue waiting but they would be labeled as a foolish love.
Of course he's not the one waiting, but the one getting the door slammed (unintentionally) in his face :cussing:
I do feel for the guy. On the other hand, compared to her, he just doesn't have enough backbone. But then she's the unbending woman :cheers:
And, of course, I like Saki's unbending belief in justice. I hope she can pass the stupid bar exam already so that she can finally move on with things like eating cheese!
:lol

But then don't we all want to be unbendable? To, if something goes against your principles, just quit your job! To keep telling people the truth earnestly, like she does. To refrain from eating cheese entirely because you can not pay for it yourself! In short, to keep your dignity at all times!

Compromises are lame, but alas, neccesary in life! You have to be able to accept cheese sometimes, even if it's against the promise you made :-(
She's learning that, and will be eating cheese before the exam! I hope :-)

ssih

Post by ssih » Feb 16th, '10, 19:00

After ten years without cheese, I hope she hasn't lost her taste for it!

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Feb 16th, '10, 19:43

ssih wrote:After ten years without cheese, I hope she hasn't lost her taste for it!
:rofl:

Salz

Post by Salz » Feb 16th, '10, 19:47

i love this drama and definitely the best this season^^
Kanno Miho never disappoint and Tsukamoto Takashi and Tanihara Sousuke<3333333333
i like the actress who act as saki best friend as well^.^

though i like and pity Masato character but seriously i wish the scriptwriter have not make his character that pathetic:(
Masato&Saki is totally the complete opposite with each other lol, he is easy to bend and she is unbendable at all xDD
he obviously love her but don't try hard enough to understand and be with her^^;
well he already more than patience with waiting for her for almost ten years but she is the one who keep letting him down and and don't give a chance for future together and keeping him waiting all the time and she keep ignoring him^^;
well it seem for me both is them in the wrong side in the relationship and they both have weaknesses...
but i kinda wish for them to go back together at the end after working thing out..

but seem the progress right now she might end up with Tanihara character instead which i have nothing against because the two have great chemistry and hilarious together and she seem to have feeling for him as well maybe if im not wrong :P
and Masato already try to move on with the office girl...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 16th, '10, 21:02

At first I thought Saki liked Aida too but by the end of episode 5, I guess it wasn't. She just had health problems and her heart wasn't really aching for Aida.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 16th, '10, 23:02

seirin wrote:At first I thought Saki liked Aida too but by the end of episode 5, I guess it wasn't. She just had health problems and her heart wasn't really aching for Aida.
ummm, i still feel that she does like aida. you get the feeling that she was kind of shocked (maybe for never thinking that someone like aida will love a girl like her) and kind of unconciously happy. :lol

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 22nd, '10, 15:35

I just had the weirdest dream. It was late at night and Aida was gonna ask Saki out anyhow and Saki was gonna say yes but then he said he had to drive someone home so next time and she was a bit sad. Then there was a jump to another scene where several people were mourning outside. Saki comes over to see him and sees everyone crying so she thinks something must have happened. Everyone was surprised she was so upset cuz they didn't realize she had any relationship with the person. Then she was crying as she rushed upstairs but then realized the person dying in bed was someone else :P Aida comes in asking why she's crying LOL

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 22nd, '10, 15:50

:lol :lol :lol
you seem to ne too much into this drama dear. :P need to see ep6, i am so curious about the whole aida x saki pairing :P

ssih

Post by ssih » Feb 22nd, '10, 15:55

Boy, Saki has a bendy back! She'd kick everyone's ass at a limbo tournament.

johnjeon

Random item

Post by johnjeon » Feb 22nd, '10, 20:30

I came across a comment on this show while reading Puffy AmiYumi's blog.
It gives a tiny insight into Miho Kanno's personality.
I'm assuming Ami Onuki has met Miho and is speaking from experience.
2010-01-25 (from Ami)
"Kimi ni Todoke" and "Aibo"
is my life right now.
And now that "Bloody Monday" has started again,
there's just not enough time.
"Magerarenai Onna" is also stocking up on my HDD.
Oh, my friend was saying that this "Magerarenai Onna",
makes her worry about Miho-chan cause she can not compromise.
I'm kinda scared to watch it.
But the real Miho Kanno, is a totally flexible really sweet girl. Just FYI (LOL).

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 22nd, '10, 20:43

I finished ep6 and I just have to say...OMG!!!
It seems Aida is really serious about Saki (head over heels). He's deleted all the girls phone numbers on his list except Saki and Riko. But Saki's pregnant :O We all know who she slept with. Masato seems a bit possessive though. He said he doesn't understand why she hangs around those 2. They used to be always together only. I think he's jealous he has to share her with others and doesn't want that. But when he hears he has a baby, I think there's gonna be a fight between Aida and Masato. Who will Saki choose? :O

I'm leaning towards Aida cuz he seems so serious and cares for her. Masato can be an ass at times, but he's stuck by Saki for so many years and she has his baby....hard to decide.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 22nd, '10, 23:38

YES, OMG, OMG
and from the preview, not only saki is pregnant but so is her friend riko as she was telling her family about it.

ok back to ep6, i really enjoyed this ep. something is different though. they are making aida and saki more and more similar to eachother when they had totally apposite charcaters in previous eps. aida used to have so much in common with riko in way they think and act but know, he more or less acts like saki.
i am just loving how aida is totally in love with saki and how saki can't deny her affection for him as more than friend anymore. but masato's presence is starting to annoy me. from the look of it, he is coming back to saki for sake of his baby. but even though with this fact, i still see his character totally unnecessary and useless

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 22nd, '10, 23:55

Well, I don't think Masato is just going back to Saki for that only reason. I think he still has feelings for her otherwise he wouldn't be so possessive over her. He felt important because she only had him. He was her everything. Now she has friends and he's jealous of that. He wants her to only have eyes on him. I don't really think he's so bad, just not very sensitive to her needs. As a pair, I don't find them compatible anymore. Masato will take cases for money no matter if it's right or wrong but Saki has a strong sense of justice. They would always be at odds with each other.

Aida might be more compatible with Saki because he's there for her and sensitive to her needs. When I see them together I get the feeling of the song "Stand by me"

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 27th, '10, 23:28

Just saw ep 7. Saki is starting to get on my nerves. I really wonder if her mother has put any effort at all into bringing her up.
What can I say...if Saki doesn't change her ways, she's going to ruin her own life. She drove her only two friends away. And she thinks she's all that great. She is super Saki. The doctor already told her she can't continue living the way she does if she wants to have the baby. But she insists on having the baby and taking the exam. I can only see disaster. If her baby does last that long, she's going to both fail her exam and lose the baby in a miscarriage. If she's not careful, she may even lose her own life. Pregnant females can't be stressed. It puts pressure on the baby. I can't blame her since she doesn't understand the first thing about being pregnant. But at least she should listen to Riko. Even if she doesn't decide to marry Masato, she needs friends she can count on to help her when she's in need.

Riko upsets me too how she crawls back to her husband. It's going to be the same thing all over again. Once she has the baby, her mother-in-law will probably take over and kick her out. She will be left with nothing again.
Last edited by seirin on Feb 28th, '10, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Feb 28th, '10, 09:40

finished ep7
I can totally sympathize with Saki and i dont blame her for deciding to keep both the baby and her dream. Giving up one or the other wouldn't make her fully happy at the end. Her decision now might make her regret later but deciding otherwise would 100% make her regret immediately.

again, same for Riko, I can totally understand her behavior. Given her background, she cannot help herself but goes back to her husband's. but she'll turn to Saki later.

this drama is pretty predictable. in a way, it means the scriptwriter really sticks to each character's character. :P (except for Masato, if he doesnt understand Saki, why would he wait for 9 years? his recent words/behavior contradicts his behavior in the past.)

and dont worry too much, her 2 friends will definitely come back for her. isn't that what we love about drama? :cheers:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 28th, '10, 16:48

noshadow31 wrote:finished ep7
I can totally sympathize with Saki and i dont blame her for deciding to keep both the baby and her dream. Giving up one or the other wouldn't make her fully happy at the end. Her decision now might make her regret later but deciding otherwise would 100% make her regret immediately.

again, same for Riko, I can totally understand her behavior. Given her background, she cannot help herself but goes back to her husband's. but she'll turn to Saki later.

this drama is pretty predictable. in a way, it means the scriptwriter really sticks to each character's character. :P (except for Masato, if he doesnt understand Saki, why would he wait for 9 years? his recent words/behavior contradicts his behavior in the past.)

and dont worry too much, her 2 friends will definitely come back for her. isn't that what we love about drama? :cheers:
I don't sympathize with either. I don't think it's wrong to give up one year of exams for the baby. Do you want to risk both lives because you are too stubborn to skip one year? Is one year of exams worth two lives? She won't last until the exams if she continues the way she is living. Like the doctor says, either she skips the exam or abort the baby. If she continues with the exam, she will be risking both her life and killing the baby with it. It's suicide. She's failed it 9 times. It's not like she may pass this time either. When she ask the old lawyer, he was even afraid to answer her. Her chances are slim. It's plain stubbornness to attempt to chase something futile at the cost of two lives. Even if she does get a license, with her behavior, she can easily lose it too. Knowing the law, she breaks the law for what she considers justice. It's human to do, but lawyers must follow the law. Not take it into their own hands.

Riko still hasn't learned her lesson. I guess if this time she keeps her mouth shut every time her husband has an affair, they might keep her. But if her husband gets serious about someone else and wants a divorce, she will be left out in the cold. Her grandmother won't let her have custody of any of the children and she will be the one to lose out in the end.

Masato is completely incomprehensible. He falters between two women. The only thing known seems to be he's desperate to get married and anyone will do. I can understand the stuff he tells Saki. It hurts, but that's reality and what friends should do. Sometimes people say hurtful things to ones they love. Sometimes in anger without intention, but sometimes with good intentions for their own good. Riko was right when she told Saki to give up the exams for a year. It's for her own good. Saki telling her to mind her own business isn't totally off either but she could have put it more lightly.

Probably in the end, Saki will have a miscarriage and Riko and Saki become friends again and Riko helps take care of Saki and her baby.

ssih

Post by ssih » Feb 28th, '10, 17:53

It's just a television show, and I suppose we have to accept a few premises, regardless of how absurd they are, but if we're going to look at this realistically, I don't think that studying hard for the remainder of the time is going to help her pass. I think it's been established that this study regimen isn't something new. This method isn't working. Is she stupid? Does she have some sort of memory problem? If she does, perhaps she's in the wrong line of work, because this obviously requires a strong memory. Otherwise, perhaps she should run her test results by someone and try to figure out why so many people are passing the test after just a year or two of studying, but Saki is not. Is she studying the wrong things? Is she memorizing the letter of the law, but somehow failing to understand the underlying spirit of the law? I just don't understand how this year is going to be any different.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Mar 1st, '10, 22:00

I just caught up to ep7 for this drama. Thanks seirin for all your informative comments.

I too am bewildered by Saki's choices to do both at the same time. For a drama, I hope she does achieve both: healthy baby and passes her bar exam on the 10th try. But for reality sake, this is truly a tough choice to make. I would listen to Riko regarding her to wait out the exam for another year and be more relaxed for her baby's sake. I mean she's gone through so much this year: losing her mom, braking up with her boyfriend and now pregnant. She hasn't had the proper time and concentration to study for the exam. Her confidence right now is really low and she has no one to lean onto anymore. She lost her 2 friends, the only two people she can count on.

And as for Riko, I also got annoyed at her from the beginning. She's such a busybody and even followed Saki to her apt as if inviting herself in. But from watching more episodes, she was bored, stressed out and had no real friends. If I was her, I would have totally told off the grandma. Dude, this is why Japanese women have no rights. The grandma even defended the fact that it's ok for the husband to have an affair? I was so hotheaded by then. I wanted to strangle that "old hag" :lol myself. Riko needs to have more confidence and dignity too. Why is she crawling back to her husband's family as if nothing has happened? Grrr .... :x :x :cussing:

antspace

Post by antspace » Mar 1st, '10, 22:05

Of course it's going to be different this year. :-) About everything that can change has changed in Saki's life: She split up with Masato, got herself two new friends, she gave up her job, her mother died, she saved the old lawyer and started working with him. She then found out she was pregnant and chased her new found friends away. With all these developments she has no choice but to change. The plan to do the exams as usual, but keep the child as well was a result of the biggest dilemma she's faced in her life. It might not be the right choice, but it'll do for now...

Uhm, I wrote this comment without having seen the previous comment, which says much of the same and was written approximately at the same time :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 2nd, '10, 01:24

just finished watching ep7 right now
i do agree with seirin on that saki is starting to get in my nerve with her behaviour. i mean, she never changes her ways and this not good. not to mention her stubborness. ok, bearing in mind this is only a drama and sometimes its ending differs from reality, i think they want to show us that she will succeed this time to pass her exam.

we all know that saki herself does not know the reason behind her failing the exam in past nine years. but i think we more or less know it's because she just want to pass for sake of passing and getting it over with. it's not something she wants from bottom of her heart. it is something that she has to get it over with and say i am done and finished and i can live rest of my life without thinking about it. it's not something that she wants passionately. even though she seems to care about her clients and wants to help them with all she can but still deep down, does not think that is her ultimate goal for life.

but maybe the baby will change her perception and make her understand. she has studied for so many years that it has become a habit and a way of life for her. so many people gets into routine life. her constant failing makes this habit even more stronger and more addictive.
i say she is going to pass and have her healthy baby both at the same time. :P but till then, she needs to change. she changed alot since 1st time we saw her, but she still has looooong way to come to become more or less a normal person. because saki as she is now, i really can't think of her a normal adult person.

as for masato, i really hope that is the end of him and saki. i keep thinking this in each ep and he comes back for some more repeats of whatever he has done previously in new ep and its getting annoying. one minute he wants saki, another minutes his secretory. to be honest, when riko told him that some changes happening with saki and he might regeret it later on if he does not act soon, and then masato started to think about it, if i was in place of his gf, i would have left him for sure. i mean he is starting to re-think about saki again just right in front of her and telling her in her face that you are someone i am not so sure about. i laughed out when masato said that they will get married so soon because i thought they are so suited foe eachother. what both of them want is just to get married. does not matter to who, with or without love.

atleast with saki, she questions herself constantly about why and for what reason doing what she's doing. it has to click in her weird brain in someways.

i got angry at her for ending her friendship with riko and aida like that. but to be fair, i think anyone would get angry to know that people close to you have read your diary that suppose to be one's most personal belonging, letalone someone with hormonal imbalance due to pregnancy and tension of all changes that is happening around them. the problem was that everyone was so stressed about their life at the same time too. aida with his umimployment and anger due to the fact that saki is pregnant with masato's baby. riko with all her family problem and now pregnancy again. so of course everyone would be so tense. so i really don't blame anyone of them in bahving like this.

disappointed at riko for going back to her house and tht evil mother law of her just because she is pregnant and needs support. but then again, she was never a strong person to begin with. she was learning from saki to depend on herself but pitty that she was not strong enough. i really like to see changes in her life by end of this drama.
omg, i am sorry if i got carried away with my post :P

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 2nd, '10, 03:00

passing exam and having a baby successfully are both unreal. It's impossible. But I guess it's a drama, they can write whatever they want. With her crazy schedule, any normal person would have a miscarriage. She sleeps 4 hrs a day and stresses herself out studying and working all day. 6am wake up. Wash up, eat breakfast study for half an hour and go to work from 9-5. Go home cook dinner, study until 2am. It's stressful but a person can do it. But not when pregnant.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 2nd, '10, 03:31

well. nothing is impossible. let it be in real world or drama world. it is hard and not everyone can do it but not impossible. i have seen a real life example of it during my final university year. believe me. it's a true story.
but as it is a drama, realistically or unrealistically anything can happen :roll

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Mar 2nd, '10, 05:19

I'm a little shocked to see that many of the viewers here do not have much faith in saki. :blink or maybe i'm too naive

but i've seen pregnant women worked diligently and productively until right b4 they gave births.

in fact, it's easier for saki to study while being pregnant than after giving birth. raising a baby is a tougher job than carrying it around in your stomach.

and the workplace she's working now is not as busy as her old workplace. she has more time to study during the day. and of course, she'd put a lot more into figuring out how to use her time productively (for the exam preparation) than just blindly studying the old way now that her condition has changed.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 2nd, '10, 06:17

Yes, pregnant women work too up until they give birth. But they work regular hours and get enough rest. Saki lives on 4 hrs of sleep. Studying is also part of stress because she's trying to memorize. Hence she relieves stress with MJ music and dance. If Saki was so strong, she wouldn't have fainted after being 2 months pregnant. The baby was probably stressed and gave her health problem so she fainted. If she had heart problem 2 months in. Imagine the next 8 months coming up. She was lucky Riko was there to help her. She won't be so lucky next time. Riko's gone back home.

As for Saki passing the exams. Well, it's not us viewers being pessimistic. Even the old lawyer was hesitant to answer her question what her problem was. She showed him her mock exam and he throws it aside saying he's seen those before. She asks him about others he knew what happened after trying so many times and he didn't answer her. Masato went to his reunion and talked to his classmates who failed many many times and finally quit. It's not to say Saki won't ever pass, but chances are low as the number of times she fails increases. Even if she does manage to somehow pass it. I am not optimistic she can keep her license with her "go confront" attitude. Knowing the law and breaking the law by taking it into your own hands can easily cause one to lose your license.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 2nd, '10, 10:41

i really meant to say that even though all your reasoning are fine and makes sense in real world. but not impossible. as this is a drama, even if they making true to facts of life drama, there is always matter of maybe involved. that's all.

i don't know what message they want to give us by the end of this drama and which way this drama is heading to.
do they want to tell us that
never give up on what you have set your mind on even if takes years and years?
making true friends are like finidng treasure in your life?
to make ultimate sacrifice, mother for her child by giving up her dream that she wanted for years?
when you have someone to fight for, you're stronger than ever and can cope with everything?
get to know what you really want in life?
and on and on...

on these basis, i thought that "maybe" might work for her this time. because her pregnancy does not play a main factor here when it comes to her ability to pass this exam (ok, it does affecting her health greatly therefore not making her to study as hard as before).
she has done it for 9 years and she was not pregnant and in better financial situations. all expereinced lawyers around her think that is hard for her to pass too. her mock exam result said that she has 50% chance of passing.
so why this year would be any different? and if it's not different, why they added the pregnancy story on top of her problems? just to give her another reason to fail this year and say that this time she has a real excuse?
i don't see a point of making her pregnant and then failing her in at the end. is it to teach her and viewers a lesson change your way of life when you are pregnant take good care of your health and if you don't you end up either failing or lossing your baby/ its all fine and good reasons. i just don't see magereranai onna as such a drama. unless if they intended to do a story of weird woman with her unique way of life and reasoning to everything she does and her struggles and hard work and what happens to her.
i am not trying to be pessimistic here for saki, i am only thinking of message they want to tell us by the end of this drama.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 2nd, '10, 20:32

I think the message in the end should be "There needs to be a balance. Being too stubborn and unbending is not good. There's a time to be persistent but people should be able to be flexible as well. (bendable). I think the whole premise of the title means she learns to be flexible and change her way of life so she can get along with others. No one likes stubborn inflexible people who thinks they're know it alls. They're hard to get along with.

Riko needs to learn some independence and stop running away. Lesson, you can live and take care of yourself without depending on someone. Don't run away from your troubles. Face it head on (take care of the baby and stop calling the grandmother for help).

Gir

Post by Gir » Mar 4th, '10, 19:03

I finally got around to this one, and I just watched all 7 episodes in 2 days.

I'm loving Miho more and more with each drama.

At least I get to see her a little with glasses on here, I loved the way she looked in Watashitachi no Kyokasho. :wub:
ssih wrote:Boy, Saki has a bendy back! She'd kick everyone's ass at a limbo tournament.
My thought at that scene was for an unbendable woman she sure can bend. :lol

One of my favorite scenes here was where she jumped up on the lawyers desk and grabbed his lapels. She looked cute and she looked pretty small too.

I was much of a Masato fan after about the 2nd or 3 episode, but his outburst in the lawyer's office in the 7th episode makes me feel that he would be rather controlled and dismissive of Saki if they did get married. Maybe not, but that's just my feeling.

ssih

Post by ssih » Mar 5th, '10, 15:37

If you haven't already seen Ep 8, watch the Michael Jackson video first, especially starting around 3:30.

froska

Post by froska » Mar 5th, '10, 23:47

Are Tanihara Shosuke Kanno Miho ending up together im dying to know??????/

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Mar 6th, '10, 03:46

seirin wrote:Just saw ep 7. Saki is starting to get on my nerves. I really wonder if her mother has put any effort at all into bringing her up.
What can I say...if Saki doesn't change her ways, she's going to ruin her own life. She drove her only two friends away. And she thinks she's all that great. She is super Saki. The doctor already told her she can't continue living the way she does if she wants to have the baby. But she insists on having the baby and taking the exam. I can only see disaster. If her baby does last that long, she's going to both fail her exam and lose the baby in a miscarriage. If she's not careful, she may even lose her own life. Pregnant females can't be stressed. It puts pressure on the baby. I can't blame her since she doesn't understand the first thing about being pregnant. But at least she should listen to Riko. Even if she doesn't decide to marry Masato, she needs friends she can count on to help her when she's in need.

Riko upsets me too how she crawls back to her husband. It's going to be the same thing all over again. Once she has the baby, her mother-in-law will probably take over and kick her out. She will be left with nothing again.
I agreed. She's getting on my nerves too. I understand that her life motto is she lives whatever way as she wants. But she DOES NOT LEARN !!! Everybody makes mistake, everybody is stupid at some point in life. The key thing is learning from mistakes.
The fact that she hasn't pass her exam for 9 years is the living proof. She gonna continue to fail if she keeps her lifestyle as it is and lose the baby possibly. I want her to fall so hard so she can learn.

Ok, fine. Pregnant women can work. But not with her lifestyle and attitude. Up until eps 7, when she loses both her friends. That's just plain stupid. Yeah, I said it.
Masato totally died on me after eps 2 - 3. His characters is questionable and getting annoying, blaming the writer. I can hardly understand how the hell they dated for almost a decade.

antspace

Post by antspace » Mar 6th, '10, 22:08

Sooo... Next week the finale! Didn't expect that!
I'm really soooo happy with the developments in this ep. It started building up towards a happy end, although I get the feeling that Riko and Aida might end up together, and Saki with Masato. As long as everyone decides to move on it'll be fine!
Best ep yet!

gz2009

Post by gz2009 » Mar 7th, '10, 09:52

I am not sure that there needs to be a 'message'. Firstly, there needs to be a resolution of Saki's inner demons so that she can go forward. Yes, the otehr characters need to resolve their 'issues'; but it is most important for Saki, or else she will not survive. She has to develop a sense of trust in others - something she could not learn from her mother; she has to overcome the demon of her father's death - which she witnessed, and which is so difficult for her to understand; he died when he came to show her the certificate, and to share in the happiness of his having finally passed the Bar exam. Her mother WAS a lousy parent; yes she was apparently a good teacher, but in becoming this, she let down her daughter, and there was nobody to help her really understand and appreciate what her mother was doing (I am thinking of the likes of Abe Hiroshi's character in "Wedding Planner" who took the son to see the mother at work); there was nobody around to support her, and she did not know how to get support - she was weak because there was no reason for her to believe in herself. Was there any real feedback on her life, not just to say that she was good, but to show that she was loved.

If there is a message, it comes in two parts.

1) Family is important. If you have a family, you have to take responsibility for it as a whole, including mental, spiritual - whatever that may mean - and physical well-being; if you have children, helping them to become people who can do the same good in their own family. This did not happen.

2) Then there is the importance of relationships in healing. If this did not happen in childhood, then the child - as an adult - has to come to see, and experience these things in their own lives in order to survive. Saki did not know, so she could not appreciate what she had; she needed to understand that what she had was what she needed, and she needs to go through the experience of being a child, to understand that there is such a thing as the love that she needs, ultimately to be able to trust that there are those around her to do things for her when she needs. As she is, she has to do everything for herself, by herself, and she cannot do it. You NEED family, you NEED friends, you NEED people around you to share your life with; there is no discussion on the matter.
seirin wrote:I think the message in the end should be "There needs to be a balance. Being too stubborn and unbending is not good. There's a time to be persistent but people should be able to be flexible as well. (bendable). I think the whole premise of the title means she learns to be flexible and change her way of life so she can get along with others. No one likes stubborn inflexible people who thinks they're know it alls. They're hard to get along with.

froska

Post by froska » Mar 7th, '10, 17:07

I can tell this wont have a good ending

gz2009

Post by gz2009 » Mar 12th, '10, 10:32

froska wrote:I can tell this wont have a good ending
Did you write this before or after seeing Episode 8?

I suppose it depends on what you mean by a good ending. If you mean that it will end badly for Saki ... you have to wait and see. The final episode has been broadcast, I think, and you will soon find out. She may, or may not end up passing her lawyer's exam, she may, or may not resolve all her relationship issues, but she HAS a way forward and, more importantly, she is willing to learn now. We just have to wait a couple more days - unless we are good Japanese speakers and we will see what the truth of the matter is. I am not pessimistic; I am extremely curious to see how they do end the series.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 12th, '10, 18:16

After watching ep9 raw. I think the ending won't be so bad. Like you said, she's learning to be flexible now. I found the episode quite touching and how it all flows together. The connection between the neighbour and also Masato. Masato is wishy washy but he truly only loves Saki and needed her to point him back to the right direction. Why he first became a lawyer. The way he treated her before was probably jealousy and cuz he felt like he wasn't needed anymore. Jealousy can make a person act mean.
I'm not 100% sure. But I think this will be Saki's last attempt at trying for the bar exam. I think she's going to give up if she fails and move on.

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Mar 12th, '10, 19:21

I can't wait for next week's Special !!
I think we will be treated to a very nice ending : give birth, pass the test and accept Masato's 6th proposal.
I'm not 100% sure. But I think this will be Saki's last attempt at trying for the bar exam. I think she's going to give up if she fails and move on.
Saki did vow that this would be her last time taking the test no matter what.
I have to say that I was very impressed with Nagasaku Hiromi, playing Hasumi Riko : I haven't seen such natural acting in a long while and she stole every scene she was in.
This is my first time seeing her work.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Mar 13th, '10, 15:17

Tadanga wrote:I can't wait for next week's Special !!
I think we will be treated to a very nice ending : give birth, pass the test and accept Masato's 6th proposal.
Saki did vow that this would be her last time taking the test no matter what.
I have to say that I was very impressed with Nagasaku Hiromi, playing Hasumi Riko : I haven't seen such natural acting in a long while and she stole every scene she was in.
This is my first time seeing her work.
I'm hoping for a good happy ending too! And this is my first time watching Nagasaku Hiromi too and I'm impressed, i know she's in Sukida (Eita, Aoi Miyazaki) but I can't find anywhere to get the movie yet. After watching her in here, I want to try out her other works.

antspace

Post by antspace » Mar 16th, '10, 20:28

Sukida can be found on Asia torrents. a heavy but good movie!

Happy I was wrong about the final ep! Looking forward to the definate end next week! I find this series keeps being consistantly good till now! Really enjoy it! Nothing seems out of character. It's been quite slice of lifey. That explaines the serious attention the series gets in this thread.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 19th, '10, 18:24

I guess the ending pair is Masato and Saki. Saki still seems to love Masaki. But no couple got married. Seems like there might be something going on between Aida and Riko though. Masato's ex seemed happy but ended up badly. I guess the drama seems to say marriage isn't important as long as the other person is in your heart? Even if you get married, it doesn't guarantee happiness.

Well, it's nice at least to see Saki finally pass her bar exam even if it's years later.

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Mar 19th, '10, 20:11

Incredible finale performance for Kanno Miho, she's got that best actress award in the pocket for sure.
Best actor will go to Karasawa Toshiaki for his incredible acting in Fumo Chitai.
seirin wrote:Well, it's nice at least to see Saki finally pass her bar exam even if it's years later.
Actually the date on the diploma says 平成 Heisei 23, which is 2011: She got it the very next year !!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 19th, '10, 20:40

Tadanga wrote: Best actor will go to Karasawa Toshiaki for his incredible acting in Fumo Chitai.
Maybe not :P He's not a JE LOL Some of the awards these days aren't really for acting skills but popularity.

gz2009

Post by gz2009 » Mar 21st, '10, 13:05

Tadanga wrote:Incredible finale performance for Kanno Miho, she's got that best actress award in the pocket for sure.
Best actor will go to Karasawa Toshiaki for his incredible acting in Fumo Chitai.
Yes, I have been impressed with her performance all the way through; but in the finale she gave a performance that I felt truly outstanding. I will not say more at the moment, except that it would take something exceptional to beat it.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Mar 25th, '10, 17:51

is it just me or anyone else thinks that Riko is pregnant again? her tummy looks bulgy and besides, Aida was telling the old people how he was amused by pregnant woman, or sth like that----> which makes me think for a while that he and Riko are together :lol

It was a very enjoyable drama, no doubt Kanno Miho really did well for her role (it is definitely a very challenging role, staying true to the character and act it out but also not till it disgusts viewers), which she executed perfectly.

Also, I absolutely love the supporting roles Aida and Riko! :wub:

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Mar 26th, '10, 17:17

yes you're right. aida and riko got together at the end and riko was pregnant with aida's kid. :)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Mar 27th, '10, 09:27

noshadow31 wrote:
yes you're right. aida and riko got together at the end and riko was pregnant with aida's kid. :)
they make such a cutteeee~~ couple! I wish they had gotten together earlier, their romance must be really funny to watch, but I do realize that Kanno's character should be the one getting the attention. Anyways, it's nice to have them as a couple in the end :wub: